PDA

View Full Version : RUSH partial set list revealed #SPOILER#

Mr Badguy
06-09-2007, 08:30 PM
Check this shit:

RUSH fan site RushIsABand.com has revealed a partial setlist from a source who has heard the band rehearsing in Toronto. The following songs were heard in their entirety:

Circumstances
Entre Nous
Witch Hunt
A Passage To Bangkok
Freewill
Natural Science
Digital Man
Subdivisions
Between The Wheels
YYZ
Tom Sawyer
Spirit Of Radio
Mission

Also played were about eight songs from the band's new album, "Snakes & Arrows", which has sold 160,000 copies in the United States since its May 1 release, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

RUSH's 18th studio album, "Snakes & Arrows", debuted at No. 3 on the Billboard album chart with sales of 93,000 copies. The disc is the first collection of all-new RUSH material since 2002's "Vapor Trails" and the 27th RUSH release to make the Billboard album chart. The band's chart peak was in 1993, when "Counterparts" debuted at No. 2.

=========================

Wow, if that`s what they`re playing then it`s a serious set shake up.

Hyman Roth
06-09-2007, 08:34 PM
WOW!!! Circumstances!!!??? Fucking AWESOME!!

AND Digital Man!!! I called that one...anyone remember?

Thanks Mr. Badguy - June 18th and 20th can't come fast enough!!

Hyman Roth
06-09-2007, 08:39 PM
Entre Nous???!!! WOW!!!

I wouldn't complain if they swap out Witch Hunt for Camera's Eye though...

Terry
06-09-2007, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Hyman Roth
Entre Nous???!!! WOW!!!

I wouldn't complain if they swap out Witch Hunt for Camera's Eye though...

That WOULD be pretty sweet. That's my fave track off of MP. Would totally dig hearing that live.

Hyman Roth
06-09-2007, 09:03 PM
I wonder why they haven't brought CE out of the vault? They haven't played it since the Signals tour in '83 and it is definately a powerhouse on MP (my 2nd favorite barely behind Red Barchetta). One of the guys probably doesn't dig that song for whatever reason....prolly Neil.

Seshmeister
06-09-2007, 10:47 PM
8 from the new album seems a bit too much but I guess they get bored.

I used to hate finding out setlists beforehand but nowadays with a band like Rush I'll be checking them out so I can best schedule beer and piss breaks.:)

ace diamond
06-11-2007, 12:10 AM
yyz

wow......i thought they would never play that again!

Hyman Roth
06-11-2007, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
8 from the new album seems a bit too much but I guess they get bored.

Pretty much standard for the course - 7 to 8 new songs. They always push the new stuff live. God (or in your case 'Darwin'?) I hope they play "Bravest Face". There's something in that song....

Va Beach VH Fan
06-11-2007, 06:05 PM
Taking my 13 year old son to see them on the 22nd (he's a Peart fan)...

Decent set list, would like to hear 2112 though...

PHOENIX
06-12-2007, 07:55 PM
Sounds great. Hope they still have a similar set list when they hit Montreal in Sept.

Hyman Roth
06-12-2007, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
Taking my 13 year old son to see them on the 22nd (he's a Peart fan)...

Decent set list, would like to hear 2112 though...

Nice - is it his first show? I saw my first one when I was 13 (signals). He's going to be moved by the experience for a loooooooong time to come.

Tour starts tomorrow - by the time it reaches us, they will be a well-oiled machine and they wont be burt out from being on the road extensively! :cool:

Shaun Ponsonby
06-13-2007, 04:40 AM
Will that be the full set, or are they gonna alternate a few so they can keep in 2112 etc like they did on the Vapor Trails tour?

Mr Badguy
06-13-2007, 01:43 PM
RUSH fan site RushIsABand.com has has revealed the band's entire rehearsal setlist that it performed last night (June 12) at the HiFi Buys Amphitheater ahead of the group North American tour kick-off. It is as follows:

Limelight
Digital Man
Entre Nous
Mission
Freewill
The Main Monkey Business
The Larger Bowl
Secret Touch
Circumstances
Between The Wheels
Dreamline
(unidentified song)

Intermission:

Video Intro
Far Cry
Workin' Them Angels
Armor And Sword
Spindrift
The Way The Wind Blows
Subdivisions
Natural Science
Witch Hunt
MalNar
Drum Solo
Hope
Summertime Blues
The Spirit Of Radio
Tom Sawyer

Encore:

One Little Victory
A Passage to Bangkok
YYZ

RUSH's "Snakes & Arrows" North American tour is scheduled to launch today (June 13) in Atlanta, Georgia and run through September 21 in Ottawa, Ontario, followed by a European tour which kicks off October 3 in Glasgow, Scotland, finishing October 29 in Helsinki Finland.

Source : Blabbermouth.net

=================

Wow, no "2112" or "Closer to the heart"?

Hyman Roth
06-13-2007, 02:26 PM
OMG - those first three...what an opener! Just like the last episode of the Sopranos...it was designed to be especially enjoyed by those who have been paying attention.

PlexiBrown
06-13-2007, 02:38 PM
Sweet!

jharp84
06-13-2007, 04:05 PM
If this is accurate, LOOKS LIKE I'M GONNA SEE RUSH AGAIN AFTER 23 YEARS!!!!

Shaun Ponsonby
06-13-2007, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Mr Badguy
RUSH fan site RushIsABand.com has has revealed the band's entire rehearsal setlist that it performed last night (June 12) at the HiFi Buys Amphitheater ahead of the group North American tour kick-off. It is as follows:

Limelight
Digital Man
Entre Nous
Mission
Freewill
The Main Monkey Business
The Larger Bowl
Secret Touch
Circumstances
Between The Wheels
Dreamline
(unidentified song)

Intermission:

Video Intro
Far Cry
Workin' Them Angels
Armor And Sword
Spindrift
The Way The Wind Blows
Subdivisions
Natural Science
Witch Hunt
MalNar
Drum Solo
Hope
Summertime Blues
The Spirit Of Radio
Tom Sawyer

Encore:

One Little Victory
A Passage to Bangkok
YYZ

RUSH's "Snakes & Arrows" North American tour is scheduled to launch today (June 13) in Atlanta, Georgia and run through September 21 in Ottawa, Ontario, followed by a European tour which kicks off October 3 in Glasgow, Scotland, finishing October 29 in Helsinki Finland.

Source : Blabbermouth.net

=================

Wow, no "2112" or "Closer to the heart"?

No 2112? I'd rather have that than "Dreamline" or "Secret Touch", but then I suppose you get tired of playing a song every night for 30 years...

Jimmy Jingles
06-14-2007, 12:51 AM
Just got back from the Atlanta opener, and all I can say is....

FUCKING WOW!!!

They are the tightest live band I have ever witnessed! All three are incredible and work together flawlessly as a single unit.

Pert continues to blow my mind...he is a fucking machine. Insane. His solo was all new!

Other highlights included video segments from Bob and Doug McKenzie, and the South Park gang (as 'Lil Rush) introducing Tom Sawyer.

Highly recommended show!!!

:rockit2:

Jimmy Jingles
06-14-2007, 12:54 AM
Also...

The setlist posted above is spot on.

It was so cool to hear Limelight!!!

Jack68
06-14-2007, 04:55 PM
Definitely going to MSG for this one.

Shaun Ponsonby
06-18-2007, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by Jimmy Jingles
Also...

The setlist posted above is spot on.

It was so cool to hear Limelight!!!

What was the "unidentified song"?

Hyman Roth
06-18-2007, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
What was the "unidentified song"?

hmmm....the second set ended with Dreamline so maybe it was a song they rehearsed that didn't make it into the set list???

The Atlanta show is available for d/l in MP3 at Deep Purple Hub and Guitars101, btw. Great sounding booty and the band was obviously well-rehearsed (not your typical first show of the tour gig!). It is also being torrented with two different sources, each a respected taper.

I'm kicking off half a day today to see them in Charlotte and then again on Wednesday in Raleigh. I am so STOKED!!

Wish I would have known JJ was going to Atlanta. I wanted to travel for that gig but couldn't convince either of my three friends in the real world to go (self-depracating humor here). I bet Jimmy Jingles and I could have painted Beal Street bright red.

Seshmeister
06-18-2007, 11:17 AM
No 2112? I'd rather have that than "Dreamline" or "Secret Touch", but then I suppose you get tired of playing a song every night for 30 years...

Yeah but they played Dreamline on the last tour too.

Actually I just don't like the Roll the Bones album at all.

Mr Badguy
06-18-2007, 02:42 PM

I`m thinking that the set has changed so much as there will be another live CD/DVD after this tour (bring it on) and they don`t want to rehash too much.

"Dreamline" has appeared on the last three ("Different stages", "...Rio" and "R30") and I could live without another version of it.

"Tom Sawyer" or "YYZ" it ain`t.

I would have liked to hear "Where`s my thing?" or "Bravado".

At least they`ve dropped the song "Roll the bones".

Jimmy Jingles
06-18-2007, 08:35 PM
hmmm....the second set ended with Dreamline so maybe it was a song they rehearsed that didn't make it into the set list???

The Atlanta show is available for d/l in MP3 at Deep Purple Hub and Guitars101, btw. Great sounding booty and the band was obviously well-rehearsed (not your typical first show of the tour gig!). It is also being torrented with two different sources, each a respected taper.

I'm kicking off half a day today to see them in Charlotte and then again on Wednesday in Raleigh. I am so STOKED!!

Wish I would have known JJ was going to Atlanta. I wanted to travel for that gig but couldn't convince either of my three friends in the real world to go (self-depracating humor here). I bet Jimmy Jingles and I could have painted Beal Street bright red.

Damn!!!

Would have been good times I'm sure! It was a hell of a show, even though the pair of walking tits I was with had never even heard of them!

Oh well...maybe if VH w/Roth ever roll into town we can try it again.

Hyman Roth
06-19-2007, 12:51 AM
Indeed! Now I know you don't really live under Lindsay Lohan's left titty.

The way out is the way in....the way out is the way -ay-ay in!

Oh they were HOT tonight!!

No rant from Alex but Ged brought a hand held camcorder on stage and made everyone in the audience say "Hello Canada" on a three count. Funny stuff. The band was on fire. Ged's voice sounds amazing this early in the tour!!

Hyman Roth
06-19-2007, 05:47 AM
The Tampa show is up at the DeepPurpleHub.com .

:cool::cool:

Shaun Ponsonby
06-19-2007, 07:03 AM

But they haven't played Dreamline for 30 years...

Shaun Ponsonby
06-19-2007, 07:04 AM
Another question...

Any electrical appliances onstage?

Seshmeister
06-19-2007, 07:14 AM
But they haven't played Dreamline for 30 years...

You're confused and incorrect.

They have played it on every tour since they recorded it.

This is the 6th tour in a row with it in the setlist.

http://www.2112.net/powerwindows/Tours.htm

Shaun Ponsonby
06-19-2007, 08:26 AM
6th tour in a row...

As opposed to the 16th tour in a row for 2112...

All I'm saying is after 30 years, I think they might be a bit tired of it.

Seshmeister
06-19-2007, 09:08 AM
The setlist for this tour is quite a bit more varied than recent tours; 9 of the 13 tracks from the new album are played live (performing this many songs in support of a new album has not been done since the Power Windows tour!), and "Entre Nous" is played live for the first time ever. In addition, many songs are back after a long rest ("Circumstances" [tuned down a full step], not heard since the Hemispheres tour; "Digital Man" [with a new arrangement, possibly abbreviated] since the Grace Under Pressure warm-up tour, "Witch Hunt" since the Power Windows tour, and "Mission" since the Presto tour). This is only the second tour to not include either "2112" or "La Villa Strangiato" in the setlist (the other time was the Counterparts tour), and it is also worthy to note that "Roll The Bones" is dropped for the first time ever. Keeping score on the songs played: only 5 songs are played from albums released between Moving Pictures and Vapor Trails (only 1 is from the 90's), and not including the drum solo, of the 27 songs played, 17 are from PeW, MP or S&A; that is roughly 2/3 of the concert. It also is worth mentioning that between the last three tours, Rush has played 6/7ths of Moving Pictures live; with the notable exception being the one song that tops the lists and petitions of live requests from fans: "The Camera Eye".

The dryers from the previous tours have been replaced by three rotisserie chicken roasters which are as tall as Alex's stacks of H&K amplifiers, and are believed to say "Hen House" across the front of them.
The opening video begins with a dream sequence of Snakes and Arrows images, then Alex sits up in bed, saying, "Snakes? Who would dream about snakes, that's so creepy. Honey? Honey - wake up. I had this weirdest dream, it was a snake..." then the person lying next to him sits up and its Neil. They look at each other and yell in surpise 'AHHHHHHHHHHH", then after another sequence, Geddy wakes up in a chair and says "What did they do to my food?" and then in walks an old man in a Scottish kilt who speaks with a Scottish accent who tells Geddy he doesn't care how he is feeling, to "...wipe that chicken off your face and get out there!" after which they which they all ran out. The guy in the Scottish costume is actually Geddy, dressed in make up and wig.
At the end of the show, another video of Scottish Geddy plays, where he tells people to go home because he wants to get back to eating his chicken.
The video intro for the second set is all Alex in rare, comical form, playing several characters on the Snakes and Arrows Leela board. The board shifts around the screen and highlights certain lines to which Alex pops up and executes typical Alex rants.
There is a video of Bob & Doug McKenzie to introduce The Larger Bowl.
The Larger Bowl had video snippets showing alternating images between the rich and the poor, etc. Towards the end you see iron gates on 2 screens, but as they focus in on the buildings behind them you see that one is a mansion and the other is a prison.
Workin' Them Angels had a video accompaniment similar to the album art of various types of workers and soldiers with angel wings.
There is a South Park video intro to Tom Sawyer; during the video, the South Park characters begin playing Tom Sawyer but Cartman sings the wrong lyrics, "I traveled down the river with a black guy", which leads to an argument about the lyrics revolving around one of them saying that he's actually read the book and that's how the story goes, but the other quickly corrects him saying "that was Huckleberry Finn". Cartman then says "I'm Geddy LEE and I can sing it however I want". They then agree to start again to "get it right" and count off the beginning where Rush takes over and plays.
During "A Passage To Bangkok", a video plays showing footage of far east trains, poppy fields, marijuana plants and many other scenes that relate to the song lyrics.
Alex plays a mandola mounted on an Omega stand during "Workin' Them Angels".
There are multiple "Barbie Doll" fans standing on stage in front of Alex Lifeson.
"Digital Man" may have been abbreviated, missing the first "He's got a force field" lyric.

ODShowtime
06-20-2007, 06:34 PM
I wasn't very happy with the setlist as I was seeing it.

Limelight is a GREAT opener, but then I didn't recognize the next three songs. I was like "what the fuck?" I don't own any albums between signals and roll the bones, although I admit I should pick up Signals. I'm sorry, but there were definitely too many songs from the new album. Just too many. I was in a very bad mood which may have hurt my enjoyment of the new stuff.

Between the Wheels was still reallly cool.

Since no one's asked, the new drum solo was great. Some good world music vibe before going back into the swing portion. It was short.

Obviously the highlight of the show was Passage to Bangkok, and following that with YYZ was a great finale. I never thought I'd ever see Bangkok. Maybe they listened to Jerry Stiller.

I was hoping for a full 2112, but they did that 9 years ago and I missed it.

ODShowtime
06-20-2007, 07:02 PM
The Tampa show is up at the DeepPurpleHub.com .

:cool::cool:

man it's gettin too easy these days ;)

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=151400&viewcomm=1872806#comm1872806

2007-06-16
Rush
"Rush'n Rotisserie"
Ford Amphitheater
Tampa, FL

Lineage: Sound Professionals SP-BMC-12 mics > Sound Professionals Low Noise Gain Stereo Preamp (Bass Rolloff 0 dB) > Archos Gmini 402 > PC > Sound Forge 9.0 > Audacity > dB PowerAmp > FLAC

VIP Box 13, Row 1, Seat 5...approximately 75' from stage and directly in front of the soundboard

Recorded by Foetus300 - "From a womb with a view!"

Tracks

01 - Intro
02 - Limelight
03 - Digital Man
04 - Entre Nous
05 - Mission
06 - Freewill
07 - The Main Monkey Business
08 - Mckenzie Brothers Video
09 - The Larger Bowl
10 - Secret Touch
11 - Circumstances
12 - Between The Wheels
13 - Dreamline
14 - Video
15 - Far Cry
16 - Workin' Them Angels
17 - Armor And Sword
18 - Spindrift
19 - The Way The Wind Blows
20 - Subdivisions
21 - Geddy: "Hi Canada!"
22 - Natural Science
23 - Witch Hunt
24 - Malignant Narcissism
25 - Neil Peart Drum Solo
26 - Hope
27 - Summertime Blues
28 - The Spirit Of Radio
29 - South Park Video
30 - Tom Sawyer
31 - Encore Break
32 - One Little Victory
33 - A Passage to Bangkok
34 - YYZ

If you wish to burn to CD, the discs would be:
Disc 1 - Tracks 01 - 13
Disc 2 - Tracks 14 - 25
Disc 3 - Tracks 26 - 34

Just a little EQ and volume boost and a cliiping fix during the explosion during Far Cry (which nearly scared me out of my skin!) ... no noise reduction.

Notes - This is my first Rush show taped... I think it turned out pretty darn good. Check it out!

I started recording the intermission but decided not to complete it due to all of the talkers nearby and...nature was calling. I must remember NO BEER the next time I tape Rush (which will most likely be in Pittsburgh on June 25). Regretably, I turned my recorder off just seconds before the ending video. Otherwise this is the complete show and no breaks except for a fadeout/in after Dreamline and the 2nd video (the intermission I cut out).

PLEASE!!! Do NOT encode this to MP3 to share. It really cheapens all the hard work I put into this.

I would like to thank Jack "Charley Brown" Walworth for assisting me with not getting caught by the gang at the SBD and as well as trying to keep some of the woo hoo'ers nearby a little quiet (as well as the clappers).

Ellyllions
06-21-2007, 07:36 AM
Well, here I sit ears still buzzing from last night's show.

Just incredible.

Except Summertime Blues. WTF was that?

Hyman Roth
06-21-2007, 08:16 AM
It was the white man's Summertime Blues. Remember - their from Canada. They don't get the blues in the summer. They really don't 'get it'.

The band was flawless and having a great time. I sure hope recordings of the North Carolina shows turn up. Both shows were amazing and better than I have ever seen them before (and that was number 17 and 18 for me going back every tour since Signals). Ged's singing is especially fantastic. He nailed every note at the end of the Freewill solo section with a strength to his voice like a KiD - his voice didn't crack at all like it tends to do towards the middle of a tour. And he brings out the Rik for Bankok and YYZ.

Ellyllions
06-21-2007, 08:19 AM
He was having problems hearing his monitor on Limelight. But that seemed to get rectified before the open of the second song.

I was severely impressed by the amount of show they gave. Usually when you've got the humidity and then a smaller city venue bands will reflect that. But not this band. They really worked hard and put 100% into the show.

It put a lot of my favorite bands in perspective for me, I can say that...

Hyman Roth
06-21-2007, 08:23 AM
"...the amount of show they gave..."

Exactly...and those guys are pushing 60. Alex is a grandfather. Glad you enjoyed the show!!

Oh - I forgot to add...I think Ged was playing a Jaco signature fretless during "Malignant Narcissim" (sp??). That was cool and I think its a first.

Ellyllions
06-21-2007, 08:27 AM
Oh it was fretless alright. Our whole section had gaping mouths.

Showoffs....LOL

Hyman Roth
06-21-2007, 12:27 PM
Passage Tuscon 2007:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Oj77FvcACD0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Oj77FvcACD0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Far Cry w/ intro video (boring...they could have fit Beneath, Between, Behind in that slot!!)

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aEnzH8tQDUI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aEnzH8tQDUI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Far Cry w/o Intro:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ5_X2t3_QY

Chemistry 4/08/83:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xw7X6Fj5-2s"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xw7X6Fj5-2s" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Digital Man 4/08/83

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZBOkwvStwBI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZBOkwvStwBI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

YYZ 2007:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tp1di0UIkCk

Spirit Tampa 2007:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJFnwKrXLfo

Hyman Roth
06-21-2007, 03:28 PM
Drums:

Atlanta:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/G51PH0CT-F0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/G51PH0CT-F0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Tampa

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/E9RxWPFiB-c"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/E9RxWPFiB-c" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

West Palm:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2LDEOeJsi94"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2LDEOeJsi94" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Seshmeister
06-21-2007, 05:15 PM
Good to hear that the warm up tour is going well.:)

Looking forward to the 3rd of October.

ODShowtime
06-21-2007, 07:51 PM
Man that bangkok video freakin kicked ass.

Shaun Ponsonby
06-21-2007, 07:56 PM
Just got this email

So, you think you know the new Snakes & Arrows songs by heart? Then go to http://www.rush.com/v4.html, then go to the News section and click there to find out! If you can match the song titles, you will be entered in a drawing to win either Front Row tickets or a Meet & Greet with the band. The most important point in this contest is that if you win a Meet & Greet, you *must* already have tickets to the venue you indicate on the contest submission form. Concert tickets *will not* be provided to Meet & Greet winners. In addition, winners are responsible for his/her travel and hotel accommodations.

So get matching and win!

If you are on a dial up connection, go to the following link to get to the
Contest: http://www.rush.com/low/news.php

ODShowtime
06-21-2007, 07:59 PM
are they pro recording every show?

Shaun Ponsonby
06-21-2007, 08:03 PM

Far Cry w/ intro video (boring...they could have fit Beneath, Between, Behind in that slot!!)

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aEnzH8tQDUI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aEnzH8tQDUI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

That seemed to go on for ages, I was starting to think that they could have fit "Hemispheres" in there, nevermind "Beneath, Between, Behind".

Angel
06-21-2007, 11:25 PM
It was the white man's Summertime Blues. Remember - their from Canada. They don't get the blues in the summer. They really don't 'get it'..

Well, Rush might not... but there are plenty very good Canadian blues bands!

Va Beach VH Fan
06-22-2007, 12:26 PM
Heading to the show tonight with my son....

I'll go in the backyard around 4'ish and listen to the soundcheck (yes, I live that close, just over a grove of trees)....

Jimmy Jingles
06-22-2007, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
Heading to the show tonight with my son....

I'll go in the backyard around 4'ish and listen to the soundcheck (yes, I live that close, just over a grove of trees)....

Sweet!!!

It's an incredible show!

Va Beach VH Fan
06-23-2007, 08:21 AM
Well, I'll say this, you've got to be a big Rush fan to really enjoy the show, which I did....

I'd estimate about 12 grand at the show, the reserved section was pretty full...

7 new songs from Snakes and Arrows, which a ton of people of course used to hit the pisser....

The setlist posted was pretty much head-on, as I said before, disappointed there was no 2112....

Prices once again just keep going up.... 10 clams for a 24oz. beer.... 45 clams for a stinking T-shirt (which I passed)....

My son enjoyed himself, although he had to sprint back after taking a piss when Neal started his solo...

Funny bit as the South Park crew did a Tom Sawyer skit just prior to the song....

Overall, yeah, not the best Rush show I've seen (4th time for me), but they never disappoint....

Padre Atilio
06-23-2007, 01:31 PM
There plenty of boots from this tour at www.guitars101.com already.

BigBadBrian
06-23-2007, 02:05 PM
Setlist for Virginia Beach, last night:

Set One

Introduction Video - Dream Sequence with Alex and Neil and Harry Satchel

Limelight

Digital Man

Entre Nous

Mission

Freewill

The Main Monkey Business

The Larger Bowl (with McKenzie Brothers introduction)

Secret Touch

Circumstances

Between The Wheels

Dreamline

Set Two

Introduction Video - The Alex/Leela Board Rant

Far Cry

Workin' Them Angels

Armor And Sword

Spindrift

The Way The Wind Blows

Subdivisions

Natural Science

Witch Hunt

Malignant Narcissism

Neil's Drum Solo

Hope

Summertime Blues

The Spirit of Radio

Tom Sawyer (with South Park/Cartman introduction)

Encore

One Little Victory

A Passage to Bangkok

YYZ

Some key observations, without spoiling the show for those to come:

Geddy must have lost his dryers.

Rotisserie Chicken...yum. :D

Geddy's still using the same basses....a good thing. Phenomenal bass player.

Alex is using primarily Gibson guitars this time out. They sounded awesome. I really liked the ES-355. Alex is one of the most under-rated guitarists out there.

Neil's drum solo is a bit different this time out. He's still the best drummer in rock, IMHO.

The Main Monkey Business and Armor and Sword from S&A are done extremely well live.

The best band in rock, by FAR.

Va Beach VH Fan
06-23-2007, 08:09 PM
Here's the South Park intro to Tom Sawyer from the Atlanta show...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0VDTbCCmzgs"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0VDTbCCmzgs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Seshmeister
06-23-2007, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian

Some key observations, without spoiling the show for those to come:

Geddy must have lost his dryers.

Rotisserie Chicken...yum. :D

Geddy's still using the same basses....a good thing. Phenomenal bass player.

Alex is using primarily Gibson guitars this time out. They sounded awesome. I really liked the ES-355. Alex is one of the most under-rated guitarists out there.

Neil's drum solo is a bit different this time out. He's still the best drummer in rock, IMHO.

The Main Monkey Business and Armor and Sword from S&A are done extremely well live.

The best band in rock, by FAR.

The Main Monkey Business is my fave song off the album at the moment. Trying to not look at too much of this stuff before they reach here in October.

ThrillsNSpills
06-23-2007, 09:17 PM
It's very cool to see songs like Digital Man, Entre Nous, and Natural Science in the setlist.

ODShowtime
06-24-2007, 12:40 PM
I will definitely give them credit for playing a bunch of songs I hadn't heard them play before. Witch Hunt, Circumstances, Digital Man, BANGKOK. All the new instrumental stuff was also top notch as usual.

They somehow managed to finally pry Roll the Bones out of the setlist.

Jacobs Ladder would have been a cool subtitute for Natural Science. Then again NS is always a highlight.

Shaun Ponsonby
06-25-2007, 01:48 PM
I think they should have played all of 2112 if they wanted to surprise people with thesetlist. They've only done it once, unless I'm much mistaken (which I very well could be).

ODShowtime
06-26-2007, 08:19 AM
I think they should have played all of 2112 if they wanted to surprise people with thesetlist. They've only done it once, unless I'm much mistaken (which I very well could be).

They played the bulk of 2112 from 76 to 80, I believe. After that it was the Overture and the Grand Finale mostly.

96 they played the whole thing including parts they hadn't played before.

I really wish I could see that whole thing live. It truly is a masterwork.

I love Soliloquy. Beautiful guitar work and an incredible solo.

Shaun Ponsonby
06-26-2007, 04:03 PM
Yea...listened to it today for the first time in quite a while. It really is amazing, and it would go down incredibly if they played the whole thing.

ODShowtime
06-26-2007, 07:47 PM
Yea...listened to it today for the first time in quite a while. It really is amazing, and it would go down incredibly if they played the whole thing.

It's really, really fun to play on guitar too.

Shaun Ponsonby
10-12-2007, 05:31 AM
BUMP

You know...it's the only time I recall me really wanting it to be Sunday on Friday...

ODShowtime
10-12-2007, 07:16 AM
So they're across the pond now eh? Have fun man. The encores are by far the best part of the show this time around! DON'T LEAVE EARLY.

Shaun Ponsonby
10-12-2007, 08:15 AM
Oh...I never leave early.

I like to see the whole show after I've paid my monies.

Seshmeister
10-12-2007, 08:22 AM
BUMP

You know...it's the only time I recall me really wanting it to be Sunday on Friday...

I saw them in Glasgow the other week. Great show as ever. They seemed a little tired and it's not the setlist I would have chosen but still amazing stuff.

The last 5 songs or so really make the gig.

Shaun Ponsonby
10-12-2007, 08:35 AM
I suspect they'll be a little tired...its getting to the end of the tour...and the setlist is a bit of a shake-up...but then...it's Rush live...so it's gotta be good.

Mr Badguy
10-12-2007, 08:51 AM
I saw them in Glasgow the other week. Great show as ever. They seemed a little tired and it's not the setlist I would have chosen but still amazing stuff.

The last 5 songs or so really make the gig.

I was there as well.

I thought "Natural science" was the real high spot.

"Entre Nous" was too slow, I thought.

It was fuckin` ace, though.

Seshmeister
10-12-2007, 05:03 PM
I was tired just watching them.:)

Where we were everyone stood for the whole show and I think we had at least 6 beers.

I was about 20 rows back dead centre and the sound quality was the best I can remember at a gig.

Nightmare getting home I think most of the taxi drivers in Glasgow were watching the football...

Mr Badguy
10-12-2007, 07:05 PM
I was tired just watching them.:)

Where we were everyone stood for the whole show and I think we had at least 6 beers.

I was about 20 rows back dead centre and the sound quality was the best I can remember at a gig.

Nightmare getting home I think most of the taxi drivers in Glasgow were watching the football...

You must have been pretty near where I was.

I was about twenty rows back right in front of Geddy Lee.

I took the car and parked at Partick cross.

Got stuck in a big traffic jam on the way there.

It was worth it, though.

Seshmeister
10-12-2007, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Mr Badguy
You must have been pretty near where I was.

Frightening...:)

Shaun Ponsonby
10-14-2007, 11:30 AM
Just a few hours...haven't been so excited to see a gig for quite a while...

I just have to remember to set the video for Jezza & Co.

Apparently they're revisiting this tonight...but across the channel

<object width="425" height="353"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0dnaZXplOhM&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0dnaZXplOhM&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="353"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="353"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9CIGiDeaybM&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9CIGiDeaybM&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="353"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="353"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/krTapJyQq7Y&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/krTapJyQq7Y&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="353"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="353"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VxfCTED0eIM&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VxfCTED0eIM&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="353"></embed></object>

Shaun Ponsonby
10-15-2007, 04:33 AM
Top shite...glad they substituted "Summertime Blues" for "Distant Early Warning"

Shaun Ponsonby
12-17-2007, 08:12 PM
The tour will continue into 2008...

More news coming soon...

ODShowtime
12-18-2007, 06:44 AM
hopefully with a better setlist...

Shaun Ponsonby
12-18-2007, 11:12 AM
I should imagine thats the main reason for carrying the tour on...in order to play the songs most people wanted to hear.

Personally, I loved the fact that they took such a risk...I loved the fact that Maiden played all of MOLAD last year too. Upmost respect for them for proving they're still relevant...but, now it's time for the classics.