PDA

View Full Version : The Censorship Whores Are Fucking With the Internet!!

Nickdfresh
06-10-2007, 12:38 AM
Hello Friends of TorrentSpy (http://www.torrentspy.com/),

This message is to inform you about recent efforts by the motion picture studios to shut down TorrentSpy. As you may know, in February 2006 the major movie studios and their Washington lobby, the Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA), filed a lawsuit against TorrentSpy and other search engines.

We guess that hiring hackers and turning a blind eye to identity theft is not enough for the movie studios and the MPAA. Now they want to know who you are, what you search for, and what you download. In short, it is the view of the movie studios that websites should not allow anonymous use and your activity on the Internet - anywhere - is their business.

The really scarry thing is that if we lose this court battle, the movie studios will be able to go after any search engine or website and force them to collect data about YOU. It is not an exaggeration to say that losing this fight is a nail in the Internet's coffin.

We have spent the last year challenging their relentless campaign against the 1st Amendment and personal privacy laws Worldwide. We have succeeded in delaying the court order to turn on logs while we appeal it. TorrentSpy will not create logs of what you do on the site without your consent.

While we use Google Analytics for website statistics, TorrentSpy servers have never tracked your IP Address, the searches you make, or how you use the site. We are dedicated to your privacy and we are fighting for your rights!

MERRYKISSMASS2U
06-10-2007, 12:39 AM
TorrentSpy was never good, anyway.

I've never seen a public tracker that is.

The real question is: how does an American court pressure a Netherlands website?

svrwthr
11-19-2007, 11:21 AM
USE mIRC FOOLS. And like kissmas says, they cannot touch other countries sites, yet. Interpol will be paid off soon enough by the MPAA and close those search sites down. You wonder why they are whining about illegal downloads? they need more money to search out people downloading. If they just left the .1% of the world that does download illegally alone, they would be making a bigger profit.

BTW, anyone notice that when you use any common search engine for searching downloads or cracks that you get redirected to some lame assed other search site?

thome
11-19-2007, 11:37 AM
They,,,, The Them!!!!

Have allways tracked every thing you log onto.

It is similar to caller ID sept'n it's IP ID.

How long.. well here's a trick ....how back in 94 did they have transcripts of OJ's phone records before he offed his wife and that giggalo.

They.. The Them give us nothing that cannot be controlled.

Cell phones are nothing more than a tool to trac you down.

Incase white bloodcells attack and clog the chip in your neck.

The cops have a button in thier cars to shut off your engine since early 90s

OnStar anyone....

What do the cops grab when they search your home first, it's the box, the computer box.

Chips inside you cannot delete even with disk wipe..

get with the program preverts....

Ignorance is bliss...

thome
11-19-2007, 11:44 AM
How are you going to rip off the IRS when you have a gas card and cash is being fazed out.

Bank card anyone....

Everyone bitches about Bush and his wire taps, but you could be blind to the real pic play going on.

I got ahold of Road Runner to see how much controll I had to change my IP..... cannot be done.

My IP is my foresic dental record.

knuckleboner
11-19-2007, 12:49 PM
i keep looking in the constitution for the right to use the internet to break copyright law but i have yet to find it.

i understand that the corporate responses are often unnecessarily heavy-handed.

however, in general, i am also kinda sick of the self-righteousness of some people who believe that just because they CAN get something for free on the internet, that it means it's their right to do so.

LoungeMachine
11-19-2007, 12:59 PM
And here I thought this was another "bitch at the mods" thread.....

And for kb,

Pojo has granted us the powers to rewrite The Constitution.

Wait 'til you read my Front Line Amendment. ;)

knuckleboner
11-19-2007, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine

Pojo has granted us the powers to rewrite The Constitution.

Wait 'til you read my Front Line Amendment. ;)

that's rich. you know damn well the roth army constitution does not apply to those of us in guantanamo, so what the hell does it matter to me?!...;)

LoungeMachine
11-19-2007, 01:27 PM
:lol:

Nickdfresh
11-19-2007, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by knuckleboner
that's rich. you know damn well the roth army constitution does not apply to those of us in guantanamo, so what the hell does it matter to me?!...;)

Did they offer you the 'hunting with Cheney option,' too?

Something about a pocket-knife and a three hour's head-start? :(

knuckleboner
11-20-2007, 12:32 AM
you got a pocket knife?! damn, all i got was a patrick leahy mask, and a promise of body armor in 2-5 months...

Nickdfresh
11-20-2007, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by thome
How are you going to rip off the IRS when you have a gas card and cash is being fazed out.

Bank card anyone....

Everyone bitches about Bush and his wire taps, but you could be blind to the real pic play going on.

I got ahold of Road Runner to see how much controll I had to change my IP..... cannot be done.

My IP is my foresic dental record.

You can (slightly) change your IP by unplugging your modem (& router) from about 12 to anywhere to 72 hours...

But the thing is, that being a psychotic asshole pushing over the line will follow you on the web, almost no matter what. if reported quickly...

There's an online stalking and harassment law written with certain shit here I've seen here in mind. I have no idea if this law will have a "chilling effect on free speech" as they say or simply give people hounded by douche bags on the net the recourse they would have against real life stalker assholes, like the family of that Myspace kid who killed herself after being fucked with by another entire family of losers...I am however pretty sure it's why certain assholes that shall not be named no longer infect this site with aliases...