PDA

View Full Version : Rocker or Jock?

blonddgirl777
06-12-2007, 11:20 PM
I had an argument last week-end about wich type of men (when they happen to be popular), gets to pick up women the most...

ROCKERS or JOCKS?

Since my male friends are "old rockers" and musicians that used to wannabe like Dave or Gene Simmons (partly to get the girls), they where saying that women in general, prefer the rock star type to the clean cut jock's...

The women (although we like the long hair ones) where arguing that the jocks are more of an accessible kind and more what women are looking for in general...

What do you think?

vh rides again
06-12-2007, 11:29 PM
depends on what type of woman you are talking about.

theres several types of woman, some woman would look at david lee roth and think hes a dirty hippie, but drop thier panties to thier ankles in a second for a gay looking fucker like larry bird.

but i would have to go with the rocker because they have more access to woman, being that all woman love music and a large percent of chicks could care less about sports.

in a duel between diamond dave and say dennis rodman, its dave hands down, even if dennis does have a 12 inch cock.

PlexiBrown
06-12-2007, 11:34 PM
ROCKERS or JOCKS?

Crackheads.

blonddgirl777
06-12-2007, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by vh rides again
... dennis does have a 12 inch cock.

Really?

I still prefer Dave... by far!

diamondsgirl
06-12-2007, 11:42 PM
A guy has got to dig rock music or forget it...we just won't get along if he doesn't.

I don't give a shit if he likes sports or plays sports or ever played sports in his life...that makes no difference to me at all.

blonddgirl777
06-12-2007, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by vh rides again
... i would have to go with the rocker because they have more access to woman, being that all woman love music and a large percent of chicks could care less about sports...

I couldn't care less about sports but when there is a socker match or when Raphael Nadal plays tennis on TV... I do, develop a sudden interest in LOOKING AT the game...

blonddgirl777
06-12-2007, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by diamondsgirl
A guy has got to dig rock music or forget it...we just won't get along if he doesn't.

I don't give a shit if he likes sports or plays sports or ever played sports in his life...that makes no difference to me at all.

Hi,
Same here... (ya know)...

I can eaven ad that some jocks really piss me off with their extreme macho attitude!

Rockers try to look all tough and roughty but deep inside... they are teddy bears...

blonddgirl777
06-12-2007, 11:47 PM
The worsts are the hockey players... eaven the ugly ones get to be popular!

Ally_Kat
06-13-2007, 12:41 AM
None of the above (they tend to be assholes). I stick with the boy next door/nerd.

sadaist
06-13-2007, 01:07 AM
In high school, many, many moons ago, the "jocks" got the cheerleaders, the "rockers" got the fun girls.

The funny part is, the jocks got their dope from us, which is how they got the cheerleaders.

blonddgirl777
06-13-2007, 01:31 AM
So you could have kept the dope... and get the cheerleaders for yourselves...

blonddgirl777
06-13-2007, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
... I stick with the boy next door/nerd.

Like Peter Parker?
(The nerd who's cute but doesn't know it)...

katie
06-13-2007, 02:58 AM
This is how women like their men

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SjxY9rZwNGU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SjxY9rZwNGU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

binnie
06-13-2007, 03:03 AM
Well, I'm no authority but I would imagine that the "jocks" appeal toa broader section of women that rockers.

But like Sadist says, the rockers get the fun girls, that is definately true!

Ozzy Fudd
06-13-2007, 07:55 AM
me as/was a ROCKER had many a fine women. and i still believe it or not have drinks bought for me sometimes at open mike nite when we jam.

Ozzy Fudd

Old but not Dead

sadaist
06-13-2007, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by blonddgirl777
So you could have kept the dope... and get the cheerleaders for yourselves...

Nah. Cheerleaders looked good, but when they talked it ruined it for me. For me, nothing beats 80's rocker chicks.

Ally_Kat
06-13-2007, 12:38 PM
Like Peter Parker?
(The nerd who's cute but doesn't know it)...

Yeah, kinda.
(altho Tobey himself is not really my type)

Coyote
06-13-2007, 01:59 PM
I've lost a couple of great looking gals to jocks.

But there's always a second chance. :D

knuckleboner
06-13-2007, 02:38 PM
um...wilt chamberlin nailed 20,000 women. case closed ;)

vh rides again
06-13-2007, 03:35 PM
Really?

thats what karmen electra said, 10 pound peter and a bucket of balls.

VanHalener
06-13-2007, 03:41 PM
Got my first real job when I was a freshman in highschool. As a printer, offset and letterpress, I made as much and often more money than my teachers.

Money seemed to attract chicks.

Played football and baseball. Chicks liked it.

Always had Van Halen on. Chicks dig Roth.

Smoked an acre a year. Chicks liked to smoke.

I love chicks, so it all worked out. What was the question again?

bastardog
06-13-2007, 03:47 PM
what about a jock that is a rocker and a little bit of a nerd... ;) could be me

Nitro Express
06-15-2007, 04:17 AM
Yup, it's the type of woman. Some women have a thing for bad boys. I used to be a landlord and what drove me nuts was renting to single, responsible, educated women and having them fall for a bad boy. That always caused nieghbor complaints, calls from the police, property damage. I've seen this addiction first hand and the joke a musician without a girlfriend is homeless is more truth than fiction.

The second type of woman is the money digger. The trophy wife type. They will go after anyone with money.

Then there is your woman who has a lot of self confidence and tends to put herself first and chooses relationships carefully.

Vallerie Bertinelli even admitted she was attracted to Eddie Van Halen because he was a rocker dude that was cute. There's the lust and then the bad boy excitement and then the seeing theres a real human being in there somewhere and let's save this poor soul. Unfortunately, the wife, girlfriend becomes an enabler and nothing really changes and that's the biggest mistake women make.

binnie
06-15-2007, 04:43 AM
Originally posted by vanhalener
Got my first real job when I was a freshman in highschool. As a printer, offset and letterpress, I made as much and often more money than my teachers.

Money seemed to attract chicks.

Played football and baseball. Chicks liked it.

Always had Van Halen on. Chicks dig Roth.

Smoked an acre a year. Chicks liked to smoke.

I love chicks, so it all worked out. What was the question again?

I've heard that some women find modesty attractive :)

MAX
06-15-2007, 05:09 AM
Oh dear...

I was both and still am to a certain extent. lol

I played both footy and basketball all through highschool but was also in bands as well. The footy team used to call me a "heavy metal pretty boy" cos I'd bleach my hair (still do to this day, cept now people say I "frost it" lmao) yet still be one of the hardest hitting safeties on the team. I'm also still a mean fucker but I'd never hurt a fly and am as cute as a button. lol. Regardless, I'll always be competitive. I'm just that way and I don't like to lose.

Seriously, I used to live for that shit back in hs when I'd go to parties, get shit for having a pink bandana (keep in mind, this was the mid eighties) around my neck, tight, fuckin, faded levis with holes in them, sporting DLR/EVH/1984 fluffy hair (I've always had this thick ass mane that precides atop of my empty dome) and yet come game nights, I'd knock the fuckers that flipped me shit on their collective asses out on the field. I did cut my hair a bit shorter during b-ball season cos the sweaty hair in my face sucked.

Dergardless, I was also a punk who partied HELLA. Hence, I never had a problem fitting in with any specific crew. I don't mean to come off as cocky but I got on well with every clique and never had any probs with wimmin'. Infact, a shitload of my best friends in hs, my frat and college were the wimmin'.

I think if one has dernough self confidence, they can pull off anything. ;)

Sorry to keep babbling but I'll always remember one friday second practice (we'd do two sessions, a morning and afternoon) and it was just shorts, t-shirts, cleets and a helmet. I showed up wearing a black DOORS t-shirt. I had to run a few laps but Coach Tate took me aside and said "Hey, I gotta make an example out of you to the rest of the guys. If you didn't hit so hard, I'd put up with none of your rock and roll fagginess!!!" lmao!!!

binnie
06-15-2007, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by MAX

I think if one has dernough self confidence, they can pull off anything. ;)

That's they key thing here: confidence and a sense of self. If people think you fit the skin you wearing well, and are being genuine rather than a try-hard, chances are they'll like you...

VanHalener
06-15-2007, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by binnie
I've heard that some women find modesty attractive :)

Now remember, I never said I was hooking up with lots of girls; if that's what you mean. In fact, I only dated a couple of the many beautiful girls in my highschool class.
Sweet thangs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hitch:
Had a college sweetheart.
Man vanhalenette some years later.;)

Chicks like what they like, but you know they like jocks, rockers, and bad boys. Come on ladies, tell me you like bad boys now...:D

chi-town324
06-16-2007, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by knuckleboner
um...wilt chamberlin nailed 20,000 women. case closed ;) yup

TAKIN WHISKEY
06-16-2007, 11:46 PM
I played football, basketball and baseball, but I was a stoner. I used to love to go to big parties because I knew everyone. I always held out for the best girls, which I sometimes got, but looking in the rear view mirror, was a mistake. Should have nailed as many as possible, but at the time that wasn't me. I guess I just talk like that now because I have been married for 17 years. Anyway, I think chicks dig humor and self confidence without being an asshole. Someone to relate to and have a good day with everyday. But then again I'm not a girl so who fuckin knows. ha ha

Nitro Express
06-17-2007, 12:11 AM
I was on the alpine ski team in college and also was a very good tennis player. I wouldn't say I was a jock but college ski teams in bars (the drinking age was 18 back in those days) was like the opening scene out of Das Boot.

I did date a lot of athletic women like volleyball players, soccer players, and basketball players. I had a huge ego in the day and those girls had it as well. All I know is I ended up in a threesome with two female soccer players one night. Damn!

blonddgirl777
06-17-2007, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by TAKIN WHISKEY
... I think chicks dig humor and self confidence without being an asshole. Someone to relate to and have a good day with everyday. But then again I'm not a girl so who fuckin knows. ha ha

You're not a girl but you've hit pretty much right on!

blonddgirl777
06-17-2007, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
I was on the alpine ski team in college...

Me too! :D

TAKIN WHISKEY
06-17-2007, 01:22 AM
You're not a girl but you've hit pretty much right on!

I've spent a lot of time researching the subject. lol

diamondsgirl
06-19-2007, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by MAX

a pink bandana around my neck, tight, fuckin, faded levis with holes in them, sporting DLR/EVH/1984 fluffy hair I've always had this thick ass mane

*panting* :p

*drooling*:cool:

blonddgirl777
06-20-2007, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by diamondsgirl
*panting*...

First time I read that!
My new expression now... :p

Nitro Express
06-20-2007, 08:46 PM
Me too! :D

Fun times! My favorite slalom skis were from France and I was a Solomon binding man my whole life so that's another French product.

I always wore Raichle boots that were custom fitted for my feet. I had looser ones for downhill and super G. races and tighter ones for slalom races.

I did win the Grande Marnier cup and we know that is another elixer of French wonderfullness. You got to love a trophy you can drink! I put it on my pancakes!

Call me a geek but I have lots of Varnet sun glasses. More French products. Ha!

blonddgirl777
06-21-2007, 12:57 AM
Fun times! My favorite slalom skis were from France and I was a Solomon binding man my whole life so that's another French product.

I always wore Raichle boots that were custom fitted for my feet. I had looser ones for downhill and super G. races and tighter ones for slalom races...

You bet, fun times!
I will never forget those ski trips to Vermont; Grey Rocks", "Smuggler's Notch", "Jay Peak" and others I can't remember.

I was into ballet ski, downhill and of course... "chalet ski" :p

I also wore Solomon boots and bindings, Rossignol skis (remember the "Olin" ones?), Schneider racer leggings (with the "bell bottom" attached over the boots), big puffy waist lenght jacket, no hat (my hair!)... and YES, YES... Vuarnet sunglasses!!! L.M.A.O.... I had totally forgotten about those... so 80's!

The girls where pretty much on the trendy side gotta go down those slopes in style and the guys where more technical looking. You only knew what type he was when you heard what he was listening to in his (tape) walkman...

I never wan anything (I'm not very competitive) but the fun I had...

Now I can't wait to see my son starting on that... you know how cute those little ones are when they start very little?
But I'm afraid he will be into snowboard (like all the kids now)... :(

blonddgirl777
06-21-2007, 01:03 AM
I like the "Rocker/Jock"...
One that listens to R & R music but that can also climb a mountain with an athletic body...

I totally like the Dave style!

MAX
06-21-2007, 01:40 AM
I also wore Solomon boots and bindings, Rossignol skis (remember the "Olin" ones?), Schneider racer leggings (with the "bell bottom" attached over the boots), big puffy waist lenght jacket, no hat (my hair!)... and YES, YES... Vuarnet sunglasses!!! L.M.A.O.... I had totally forgotten about those... so 80's!

Holy Fuck and LMAO!!!

I had Vaurnets but my gear were PRE skiis, Tyrolia bindings and LANGE and/or Nordica boots!!! Still, the total 80's skier look!!!

Oh and for my DGWAN...

I wore a bandana back then too whilst skiing. ;)

blonddgirl777
06-21-2007, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by MAX
... I wore a bandana back then too whilst skiing. ;)

Nothing but YEAH!

blonddgirl777
06-21-2007, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by MAX
... Still, the total 80's skier look!!! ...

Alltogether... I think skying IS totally 80's!

In the 90's came the snowboards and skis are for "older people" now (unless they do half pipe and figure skying)...

I have no time for injuries... no extreme shit for me!
I still like moguls but I take them much slower now... slalom down an (intermediate) sunny slope is just fine.

MAX
06-21-2007, 02:36 AM
Alltogether... I think skying IS totally 80's!

In the 90's came the snowboards and skis are for "older people" now (unless they do half pipe and figure skying)...

I have no time for injuries... no extreme shit for me!
I still like moguls but I take them much slower now... slalom down an (intermediate) sunny slope is just fine.

I understand but respectfully disagree.

I'm 20 minutes away from many resorts and plenty of people still ski. I tried boarding a cupla times but it was too hard cos I started skiing when I was four. I'm just too fucking good of a skier. :cool:

Again, I started when I was four and took lessons all the way until I was eleven and by that time, I could do any black diamond run.

I always loved bumps as well. Unfortunately, I broke my ankle playing flag football about ten years ago and my foot can't take the hardcore moguls, jumps and shit I used to do.

Anyway and back to skiing. We actually have ONE resort here (it's our oldest and BEST mountain) that does NOT allow boarding!!! :killer: It's for skiers only. It's nice cos the boarders don't carve up all of the moguls.

Again, it's our best mountain and they didn't even allow ANY 2002 Winter Olympic Events there to keep it pristine.

Check it out!!!

ALTA (http://www.alta.com/)

Outside of Europe, I've skied all over i.e. Aspen, Vail, etc. and Utah will ALWAYS have the best snow!!! Ask anyone.

Our state's license plate doesn't say this for nothing. lol

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/1151/UT/SA-UT-1985ND.jpg

blonddgirl777
06-21-2007, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by MAX
[B]... Utah will ALWAYS have the best snow!!! Ask anyone...

I don't need to ask... it is a known fact among skiers ;) ...
I always wanted to go for a ski trip there but could have never aford it at that time.

I haven't skied in a while (what a shame) but am planing to start again as soon as the son can follow... My husband has won a championship as a kid so he should be a good teacher.

So I guess I am totally clueless about that ski VS board thing... The snowboarders stand out a lot more in our medias and in the clothing industry (here anyways) that I really thought the sport had became more popular among teenagers and that the skiers where slowly extinguishing...

Can't wait to go back... it shall be fun!

blonddgirl777
06-21-2007, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by MAX
I understand but respectfully disagree...

If only my own friends could be that polite!

L.O.L.

MAX
06-21-2007, 03:12 AM
Yup and definitely, boarding is the more "hip" thing. Regardless, skiing still rules here. Seriously, sooooooo many celebs have winter homes here and it's not uncommon to catch them on the slopes during the winter months. Most here can do both but tend to prefer one over the other. A lot of my friends boarded like crezzi about a dozen or so miles back but as they've aged, they seem to go back to skiing.

I haven't gone much over the last two winters either. :o That's what happens when one gets older, no?

Nitro Express
06-24-2007, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by MAX
Holy Fuck and LMAO!!!

I had Vaurnets but my gear were PRE skiis, Tyrolia bindings and LANGE and/or Nordica boots!!! Still, the total 80's skier look!!!

Oh and for my DGWAN...

I wore a bandana back then too whilst skiing. ;)

PRE skis were made in my hometown of Ketchum, Idaho. They had wood cores in them. I was a K2 man until I started getting competative and I skiied Rossignol VAS skis. I used Marker bindings but went back to Solomons.

As far as attire went I was a Roffe man all the way.

Nitro Express
06-24-2007, 05:54 AM
My parents had a condo in Park City so I did lots of Utah skiing. In fresh powder, Snowbird off the tram or the Gad II chair is where I would be.

My favorite ski hill still is Baldy in Sun Valley. One, it's my home turf and two, they just have great runs if there is snow which is a problem now with the climate change.

Nitro Express
06-24-2007, 05:55 AM
When are the Mormons going back to Missouri Max so we can enjoy that good snow without their stupid laws?

Nitro Express
06-24-2007, 06:00 AM
Lange boots rocked! I had a bunch of sexy Lange girlie posters all over my room when I was young. LOL!

I still love Varnet glasses for rock climbing. My Northface glasses disinegrated on me. Varnets never break, have great lenses and are comfortable. Oakley's are the thing now but I never liked them as much as the good ol' Varnies. LOL!

Nitro Express
06-24-2007, 06:07 AM
I started skiing at age 4 as well. I never even tried snowboarding. I know you have to wear padded pants to save your ass because that is what you fall on. Also, the hell with those extra wide powder skis!

MAX
06-24-2007, 11:28 AM
That's it Nitro...

You and I are hookin' up this winter and hitting the slopes!!! Too much in common.

Fuck, I also grew up skiing Teton prior to it becoming Jackson Hole Mountain Resort. lol I also dig Targhee.

As for my current setup, I've been on Volkl skis for well over a decade now, Marker bindings and Technica boots. It's the killer setup.

Fuck, I haven't been to Jackson in years. :(

By chance, is the bar "The Mangy Moose" still around? I LOVED THAT PLACE!!! WHY??? Cos I was drinkin' beeya there in highschool. Plus, they had the BEST fish and chips plate in the world (in WY of all places?) called the "tin horn." Beer battered fish and fresh, homemade fries to die for. I still dream about that greasy gutbomb after a hardcore day of skiing.

binnie
06-24-2007, 05:41 PM
If we were turn this question around and ask the guys here if they'd rather be with a Cheerleader type or a Rock Chick, I bet 90% of them would say Rock Chick.

Am I right?

Polk High
06-24-2007, 08:02 PM
Well it brings me to the quote from revenge of the nerds where the nerd says nerds spend all day thinking about chicks while jocks have to worry about learning plays

blonddgirl777
06-24-2007, 08:56 PM
... Oakley's are the thing now but I never liked them as much as the good ol' Varnies. LOL!

VUarnet, Nitro...;) (sorry) :D

And they still exist!

Now remember the ever famous "Riskey Business" Ray Bans?
AAAAaaaall the guys I knew at the time had those (or the cheap imitaions of...)!

blonddgirl777
06-24-2007, 09:05 PM
If we were turn this question around and ask the guys here if they'd rather be with a Cheerleader type or a Rock Chick, I bet 90% of them would say Rock Chick.

Am I right?

You ARE right Binnie!

Not only that, but they are also happy that they ended up marrying the Rock Chicks...

We "bang head" and go to concerts with them, we enjoy the same music, remenescent the same old Rock episodes and when "Sirius" does us the honor of putting CVH music at a party... we go crazy as much as they do!

Rock Chicks ARE the best! :D :bottle: :bananna: :rockit2:

binnie
06-25-2007, 03:22 AM
And they are so modest too :)

SparkieD
06-25-2007, 01:16 PM
Well, this rock and roll chick has no use for the jock type. Give me a shaggy-maned rock and roll animal with a nice body any day.

blonddgirl777
06-25-2007, 06:23 PM
And they are so modest too :)

Just the way you like'em! ;)

Don't forget Binnie, that there would be no "Muff" thread, if women would be to modest! :eek:

blonddgirl777
06-25-2007, 06:25 PM
... Rock Chicks ARE the best! :D :bottle: :bananna: :rockit2:

And I'll say it again! :cool:

Nitro Express
06-25-2007, 06:31 PM
VUarnet, Nitro...;) (sorry) :D

And they still exist!

Now remember the ever famous "Riskey Business" Ray Bans?
AAAAaaaall the guys I knew at the time had those (or the cheap imitaions of...)!

I know. I bought me a new pair of Varnies. Yeah, the 80's Me generation Ray Ban Wafayer sun glasses. I bet I could dig up a set or two of those.

I banged both cheerleaders and rock chicks and high school.