PDA

View Full Version : British princes

Steve Savicki
06-13-2007, 12:12 PM
http://www.yahoo.com/s/603308

Britain's Prince Harry says he will "never stop wondering" about the truth behind his mother Diana's death, in a joint interview with his brother William, who spoke of the emotional "baggage" they carry as royals.

In excerpts released Tuesday of an interview the princes gave to NBC News, both sons of Diana and
Prince Charles said her death in a car accident nearly 10 years had cast a permanent shadow over their lives.

Diana was killed when her speeding limousine, pursued by paparazzi, crashed in the Pont de l'Alma tunnel in Paris on August 31, 1997.

"Whatever happened in that tunnel, you know no one will ever know," Harry, 22, told NBC anchor Matt Lauer, according to advance excerpts reported by People Magazine

"And I'm sure people will always think about that ... I'll never stop wondering about that," he said.

William, 24 and second-in-line to the British throne, said the memory of his mother's death had failed to dwindle with time.

"There's not a day goes by I don't think about it," he said

The interview, recorded at the princes' official residence in London, will be broadcast June 18 on the US network.

William was 15 and Harry 12 when their mother died. She had separated from Charles, heir to the British throne, in 1992 and they had divorced in 1996.

"Over the last ten years I personally feel as though she's always there," said Harry.

The two princes are now officers in the British army. Their own colorful social lives -- including William's female companions and Harry's antics at night clubs and parties -- draw intense media scrutiny in Britain.

Both acknowledged it was not possible to lead an entirely "normal" life.

"Within our private life and within certain other parts of our life we want to be as normal as possible," Harry said. "It's hard, because to a certain respect we never will be normal."

William, whose breakup with girlfriend Kate Middleton made front page news in Britain, said forging relationships was difficult because of his royal status.

"I don't want to be liked by someone just because of who I am. I don't want the sycophantic people hanging around," William said.

"It's just as hard for our friends as it is for us," Harry added. "The reason I say that is because our friends have to put up with a lot -- when it comes to us."

William agreed, saying: "There's a lot of baggage that comes with us, trust me -- a lot of baggage."

Asked about their dream jobs if they were not British royals, William said he would like to be a helicopter pilot or work for the
United Nations. Harry opted for life as a safari guide in Africa.

The princes have organized a "Concert for Diana" on July 1, which would have been Diana's 46th birthday, with top stars to perform at London's Wembley Stadium.

Meanwhile Tina Brown, whose biography of of the British princess, "The Diana Chronicles," was just released in the United States, told CNN Tuesday that Diana was about to turn a corner in her life when the tragedy struck.

Brown, who had lunched with Diana just weeks before her death, said she was near to emerging from her troubled post-divorce period and fully taking on her nascent role as a global human rights campaigner.

There was "a sense that she was moving into a new act," Brown said of Diana, who had already carved out a place in
AIDS and land mine awareness campaigns.

"I think she would have built on that," Brown said, calling Diana a model for celebrities now campaigning for human rights issues like Angelina Jolie.

<center>http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/afp/20070613/capt.sge.mvt41.130607130837.photo00.photo.default-512x341.jpg?x=380&y=253&sig=3P0JlnmpbLcj5qdFrfevCQ--</center>

Not U.S. politicial, but it is sad.

Shaun Ponsonby
06-13-2007, 08:11 PM
You know, I really like Will and Harry.

Its great to have royals that act like humans...go out, get drunk, eat hot dogs, smoke weed and have meaningless shag matches with strangers.

Fucking good.

Seshmeister
06-13-2007, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Steve Savicki

Britain's Prince Harry says he will "never stop wondering" about the truth behind his mother Diana's death,[/i]

He must also never stop wondering about who his father is.

FORD
06-13-2007, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
He must also never stop wondering about who his father is.

Was Di spending a lot of time in Ireland back then?

binnie
06-14-2007, 03:52 AM
Originally posted by FORD
Was Di spending a lot of time in Ireland back then?

Don't know, but there were probably a lot of Irishmen spending a lot of time in her.

I'll never understand the "cult of Diana": let's be honest, if she'd been an ugo, all of the attention would have stopped years ago.

I agree with Shaun though, nice to have some Royals who are actually human.

Shaun Ponsonby
06-14-2007, 07:18 AM
I want Harry to be king and Boris Johnson to be Prime Minister.

Obviously not whilst I'm living in the country.

DrMaddVibe
06-14-2007, 07:23 AM
Two brothers with different fathers in line for the British throne, where 'ave i read that one before....

binnie
06-14-2007, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
Boris Johnson to be Prime Minister.

The comedic potential in that would be amazing....

Angel
06-14-2007, 08:44 AM
Poor Harry is over here training. He went to a bar in Calgary, and took a shine to one of the bartenders... who is quite hot, btw.

He was heard to say how nice it was to be out and not have cameras in his face. Of course, they took some cell phone pics... Fucking bitch sold her story, the pictures and the text she received from him the next day to a British Tabloid. I wanted to punch her in the head.

I was raised in a tourist town that attracts a lot of celebrities, and in fact, I presented flowers to Wallace Simpson and Harry's Great Uncle. My dad had it drilled into my head that you NEVER invade a celebrities privacy.

Seshmeister
06-14-2007, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Angel
and in fact, I presented flowers to Wallace Simpson and Harry's Great Uncle.

What for?

Was there a best dressed Nazi competition?

FORD
06-14-2007, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by binnie
Don't know, but there were probably a lot of Irishmen spending a lot of time in her.

Possibly some Canadians too......

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xJD5ky96v7M"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xJD5ky96v7M" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

BITEYOASS
06-14-2007, 10:40 AM
I'll really admire them if one of them becomes king and has Blair thrown in the Tower of London for the rest of his life. Put him in locks also at Trafalgar square and have everyone throw rotten fruit at him.

Steve Savicki
06-14-2007, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
Its great to have royals that act like humans...go out, get drunk, eat hot dogs, smoke weed and have meaningless shag matches with strangers.

Maybe someone needs to film a documentary or movie called "Will and Harry." Different than Will and Grace, eh?

binnie
06-14-2007, 11:32 AM
Maybe someone needs to film a documentary or movie called "Will and Harry." Different than Will and Grace, eh?

Ha Ha!

They'd have to have a token gay guy in it though.

Having said that, most of their friends will have been through the private school system, and therefore been buggered senseless, so I'm sure there wouldn't be much trouble filling in the "Jack" character...

Angel
06-14-2007, 01:22 PM
What for?

Was there a best dressed Nazi competition?

They were VIP's at the club my Dad's band was playing in. Banff was one of Edward's favourite places.

Shaun Ponsonby
06-15-2007, 10:28 AM

Thats a swell idea.

Charles can be one of those characters everybody greets at once "HEY, CHARLES".

Ol' Queen Liz can be slut out of the lot of em...

Seshmeister
06-15-2007, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Angel
They were VIP's at the club my Dad's band was playing in. Banff was one of Edward's favourite places.

I got very very drunk in Banff once.

The original Banff though.

Ally_Kat
06-15-2007, 11:46 AM

this has some great potential.

Question (cuz I know nothing about the random extended royal family): Doesn't Diana have a brother or something with red hair? I remember watching the funeral, seeing someone, and going, "that's where he got the hair from." It was some random family member.

VanHalener
06-15-2007, 11:52 AM
Diana's sons are welcome in my home any time, but their f#@king father can wait his ass out in the car. Bastard!

And that's all I have to say about that.

Steve Savicki
06-15-2007, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
this has some great potential.
Would it be a box office smash though?:p

Angel
06-19-2007, 02:16 AM
I got very very drunk in Banff once.

The original Banff though.

I can guarantee you if you were to ever visit the "other" Banff... you'd get drunk there too! :D Always been a party town, always will be.

Eddie's Booze
06-19-2007, 04:24 PM

Britain's Prince Harry says he will "never stop wondering" about the truth behind his mother Diana's death, in a joint interview with his brother William, who spoke of the emotional "baggage" they carry as royals.

In excerpts released Tuesday of an interview the princes gave to NBC News, both sons of Diana and
Prince Charles said her death in a car accident nearly 10 years had cast a permanent shadow over their lives.

Diana was killed when her speeding limousine, pursued by paparazzi, crashed in the Pont de l'Alma tunnel in Paris on August 31, 1997.

"Whatever happened in that tunnel, you know no one will ever know," Harry, 22, told NBC anchor Matt Lauer, according to advance excerpts reported by People Magazine

"And I'm sure people will always think about that ... I'll never stop wondering about that," he said.

William, 24 and second-in-line to the British throne, said the memory of his mother's death had failed to dwindle with time.

"There's not a day goes by I don't think about it," he said

The interview, recorded at the princes' official residence in London, will be broadcast June 18 on the US network.

William was 15 and Harry 12 when their mother died. She had separated from Charles, heir to the British throne, in 1992 and they had divorced in 1996.

"Over the last ten years I personally feel as though she's always there," said Harry.

The two princes are now officers in the British army. Their own colorful social lives -- including William's female companions and Harry's antics at night clubs and parties -- draw intense media scrutiny in Britain.

Both acknowledged it was not possible to lead an entirely "normal" life.

"Within our private life and within certain other parts of our life we want to be as normal as possible," Harry said. "It's hard, because to a certain respect we never will be normal."

William, whose breakup with girlfriend Kate Middleton made front page news in Britain, said forging relationships was difficult because of his royal status.

"I don't want to be liked by someone just because of who I am. I don't want the sycophantic people hanging around," William said.

"It's just as hard for our friends as it is for us," Harry added. "The reason I say that is because our friends have to put up with a lot -- when it comes to us."

William agreed, saying: "There's a lot of baggage that comes with us, trust me -- a lot of baggage."

Asked about their dream jobs if they were not British royals, William said he would like to be a helicopter pilot or work for the
United Nations. Harry opted for life as a safari guide in Africa.

The princes have organized a "Concert for Diana" on July 1, which would have been Diana's 46th birthday, with top stars to perform at London's Wembley Stadium.

Meanwhile Tina Brown, whose biography of of the British princess, "The Diana Chronicles," was just released in the United States, told CNN Tuesday that Diana was about to turn a corner in her life when the tragedy struck.

Brown, who had lunched with Diana just weeks before her death, said she was near to emerging from her troubled post-divorce period and fully taking on her nascent role as a global human rights campaigner.

There was "a sense that she was moving into a new act," Brown said of Diana, who had already carved out a place in
AIDS and land mine awareness campaigns.

"I think she would have built on that," Brown said, calling Diana a model for celebrities now campaigning for human rights issues like Angelina Jolie.

<center>http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/afp/20070613/capt.sge.mvt41.130607130837.photo00.photo.default-512x341.jpg?x=380&y=253&sig=3P0JlnmpbLcj5qdFrfevCQ--</center>

Not U.S. politicial, but it is sad.

Dirty Black Orange Tans.

:mad: