PDA

View Full Version : Whiskey or Vodka?

jharp84
06-15-2007, 07:06 PM
Greetings my fellow soldiers! From my basement rock n' roll hall of fame museum and CVH WALL of fame(which I willpost pictures of soon!) I am conducting an experiment! While I work by the way!! Anyhoo, what do ya prefer whiskey or vodka??? Also which do you think gives ya da buzz quicker! I think It's a close fuckin race! Kinda like VH2 and Fair Warning!!!! Any input is appreciated!

Seshmeister
06-15-2007, 07:39 PM
I feel bad saying this as a Scottish person but vodka every time.

Whisky can be a fucker for hangovers.

The golden rule is that the lighter the color of the booze the less of a hangover.

ALinChainz
06-15-2007, 08:16 PM
Whiskey if I can, vodka if I have to.

:bottle:

Dan
06-15-2007, 08:24 PM
Whiskey All Of The Way,Brother.:)

svrwthr
06-15-2007, 08:30 PM
Vodka only goes with citrus fruits and they kill my stomach and I don't want a shitty feeling like my gut is getting torn out all night.

Whiskey but I only drink 7crown with 7 up (7 and 7).

I prefer Brandy though. korbel and coke (pepsi is the preferred coke) Or Beeeeeer MmmmmBeeeeeeeer.

Viking
06-15-2007, 08:31 PM
I'm with Sesh on the hangover part. Dark liquor, on the whole, ends up with more impurities in it after distilling than a clear liquor, like vodka. But you get what you pay for. A good bottle of single-barrel bourbon done right slides down the gullet like liquid glass. :guzzle: Don't get me wrong, tho - I was born and raised in the mountains along the MD/WV border. Coal country. I've pulled on Mason jars of 100% pure West Virginny corn squeezin's that'll make you go blind by morning. :D

Viking
06-15-2007, 08:40 PM
Distilled directly thru the radiator of a '56 Ford pickup. And aged a full week, to boot. One jar of that panther sweat will kill more brain cells than a dozen kilos of the best ganja you ever wrapped your lips around. :smoke:

jharp84
06-15-2007, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Viking
Distilled directly thru the radiator of a '56 Ford pickup. And aged a full week, to boot. One jar of that panther sweat will kill more brain cells than a dozen kilos of the best ganja you ever wrapped your lips around. :smoke:

Viking - your A#! Bro!!

Viking
06-15-2007, 08:52 PM
As an unreformed, self-professed boozehound with almost 30 years of imbibing, yes, I do consider myself not only an expert, but a conniesseur of the finer adult beverages in life. Ethanol is the lubricant that allows us to slither through the labyrinth of existential mundacity. :killer:

Nickdfresh
06-15-2007, 10:30 PM
I prefer vodka, but only top shelf shiite...

I've Krystal in my cabinet now. But I rarely drink liquor anyhoo. I'm mostly a craft beer guy...

FORD
06-15-2007, 10:33 PM
On the subject of booze, did you guys hear that the springs from which Jack Daniels is made are in danger of drying up? And if they do, JD is done. They won't use another water source.

I don't drink the hard stuff much these days, but that would be a damned shame regardless. Jack Daniels is a fucking American institution, and part of Van HALEN as well. :(

FORD
06-15-2007, 10:35 PM
[June 11, 2007, 5:35 pm]
"Jack Daniel's Distillery Takes A Hit From Drought"
The drought in Tennessee continues with no signs of letting up anytime soon. It’s hitting businesses right where they make their living.

The Jack Daniel’s Distillery in Lynchburg, Tennessee says their water supply is running low and that’s putting the century plus whiskey business in jeopardy.

The distillery Plant Manager, Jerry Hamilton, checks on the progress of whiskey being made at the Lynchburg Distillery.

Just like all over the Mid State, the water at the distillery has become a precious commodity.

The water source for the whiskey is a spring flowing through the Jack Daniel’s property. For over 140 years the spring, known as Cave Spring, has been the water supply for Jack Daniel’s whiskey.

The water is one of the most crucial parts of the whiskey recipe.

Cave Spring is an iron free spring and because it is iron free, it tends to skew the fermentation just a little bit and allows the distillery to produce Jack Daniel’s whiskey.

However, this year, the water supply is starting to dwindle.

Hamilton says the drought in Tennessee is taking its toll on Cave Spring.

Hamilton continues, saying, “The water flow is down substantially. I would say at least a third to a half of what we normally see.”

To the people of Jack Daniel’s, all water is not created equal. It takes a special kind to make this whiskey and they say it’s only here in their cave. It’s because of that reason the distillery has begun conserving as much of the Cave Spring water as they can.

The water is used for whiskey making and nothing else and they’re even finding ways to use less water in the whiskey making process.

Many are worried about the spring going dry. Hamilton says, “If we can’t use what it takes to make Jack Daniel’s, I suspect we won’t make Jack Daniel’s until we get all the ingredients weneed.”

Distillery officials say they will keep an eye on the spring while, just like the rest of Tennessee, they hope for some rainfall.

Right now, they say they are still able to produce the whiskey at normal rates.

Copyright 2007 by WKRN Nashville Tennessee. All Rights Reserved.

Seshmeister
06-15-2007, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by FORD
On the subject of booze, did you guys hear that the springs from which Jack Daniels is made are in danger of drying up? And if they do, JD is done. They won't use another water source.

I don't drink the hard stuff much these days, but that would be a damned shame regardless. Jack Daniels is a fucking American institution, and part of Van HALEN as well. :(

JD is very overrated.

I used to drink it to try and look cool back in the day but there are a many much better bourbons.

binnie
06-16-2007, 03:54 AM
Well, I don't drink anymore.

But when I did, Whiskey all the way.

Seshmeister
06-16-2007, 05:00 AM
Irish?

binnie
06-16-2007, 06:44 AM
Never that fussy to be honest, I'd try anything and everything back then....

Which was part of the problem.

MAPRamone
06-16-2007, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
Irish?

You know i've always wanted to try Jameson. How good is it? Anyone?

Wawazat
06-16-2007, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by MAPRamone

Regular Jameson is just average, if you can get it try Jameson's "Crested Ten" or "1780"

Viking
06-16-2007, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by FORD:

http://www.drought.unl.edu/dm/pics/ky_dm.png

Coyote
06-16-2007, 02:02 PM
I'll take either one.

saint
06-16-2007, 02:46 PM
All though I grew up with Vodka I never could drink it straight. Whiskey on the other hand I cant stop to drink it, but the hangover always kill me and it’s getting worse as I grow older. American and Canadian whiskey don’t do it for me I like the blended Scottish whiskey like Bell's or Grant's if I want to drink my self silly, and the Northern Highlands or Speyside single malt like Glenfiddich, Glenmorangie or Macallan when I want to be sophisticated and the Islay when I feel pretentious.....

saint
06-16-2007, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by MAPRamone

It tastes a bit of chocolate and barrel, not to bad but I don't associate the taste with whiskey, as I don’t with American or Canadian whiskey.

Viking
06-16-2007, 02:49 PM
Oops. Beam is Kentucky. Daniels is Tennesee:
http://www.drought.unl.edu/dm/pics/tn_dm.png

Little Lamont
06-16-2007, 03:23 PM
I like whiskey or cognac, the dark stuff. Never get much of a hangover 'cause I just have a few sips to help the weed along. hehehe

DrMaddVibe
06-16-2007, 03:33 PM
Do you have to choose?

BOTH!

FORD
06-16-2007, 06:13 PM
Oops. Beam is Kentucky. Daniels is Tennesee:
http://www.drought.unl.edu/dm/pics/tn_dm.png

Shit.... if I'm reading my Google maps correctly, Lynchburg Tennesee is right in the middle of that dark blood red patch. This looks serious....

RuzDNailz
06-16-2007, 06:35 PM
Vodka is a more mellow taste for me. If I want to hit the whiskey,
it's gotta be one of the three notorious J's; Jimmie, Jack, or Johnnie.

Viking
06-16-2007, 07:14 PM
FORD, we have been as parched as a desert here for what seems like a year. It's the middle of fucking June, and I've only run the lawn mower twice. In Alabama, fer chrissakes. Most of that blood red splotch is down here. Distillers like JD, who rely on spring water for their hooch, would probably pay an Indian for a rain dance if they thought it would do any good.

Viking
06-16-2007, 07:17 PM
Is Jack Daniels Drying Up?
Posted: 9:20 AM Jun 12, 2007
Last Updated: 9:20 AM Jun 12, 2007

Drought conditions can be felt all over the country and locally as well. The drought is also impacting Tennessee, with no signs of letting up and it’s hitting businesses right where they make their living.

Jack Daniels water supply is running low and putting the century-plus whiskey business in jeopardy.

http://media.graytvinc.com/images/jackdaniels.gif

Jerry Hamilton is the distillery plant manager for Jack Daniels. He checks the progress of the whiskey being made at the Lynchburg distillery. While doing so he finds a small problem - wasting water.

The water here has become a precious commodity. The water source for the whiskey is a spring flowing through the Jack Daniels property. For more than 140 years this spring, known as Cave Spring, has been the water supply for Jack Daniels. It is one of the most essential parts of the whiskey’s recipie.

“Cave Spring as most people know is iron free and because it is iron free, it tends to schew the firmentation just a little bit and allows us to produce Jack Daniels as we know Jack Daniels,” Hamilton explained.

But this year there is a problem - that water supply is starting to flow less and less. Hamilton said the drought Tennessee is in is taking a toll on Cave Spring.

“Water flow is down substantially. I would say at least one third to half of what we normally see,” Hamilton said.

To the people who make Jack Daniels, all water is not created equal. It takes a special kind to make this whiskey and they say it’s only here in this cave. For that reason they have started conserving as much as they can. Using the water only for the whiskey and nothing else and even finding ways to cut back on the amount used in the process.

What will happen if the spring goes dry?

“If we can’t use what it takes to make Jack Daniels I suspect we won’t make Jack Daniles until we get all the ingredients we need,” Hamilton said.

Moore County ironically it is a dry county. You can’t buy a drink here, but if this drought continues that term “dry” could take on a whole new meaning.

http://www.wbko.com/home/headlines/7955482.html

chi-town324
06-16-2007, 08:41 PM
snortin whiskey...
drinkin cocaine!!!!!

TAKIN WHISKEY
06-16-2007, 09:41 PM
I like Makers Mark on the rocks, however , you do have to watch the consumption because as stated before, the hangover can be a bitch. Vodka is a great mixer and I never seem to get a hangover. If I could only have one I guess I would take vodka because it is very drinkable over the long haul. If I could only have one drink, give me a double Makers on the rocks.

rustoffa
06-16-2007, 10:57 PM
If you're gonna partake in either one, just throw the cap of the bottle away. After thirty minutes or so, you'll get pissed when you either thought the cap was on the bottle, or wasn't. Bullshit fucking mixers give you a hangover...think a tall glass of water. One thing you DO NOT want to do is end up outside and fucking around with deep bodies of water, or an old water hose full of ant maggots.

:guzzle: :gulp:

TAKIN WHISKEY
06-16-2007, 11:04 PM
Water and a couple of advil before crashing always works wonders. Easier to prevent than to rid.

blonddgirl777
06-17-2007, 12:21 AM
I like vodka 'cause it tastes like nothing in a cocktail drink with an umbrella!

TAKIN WHISKEY
06-17-2007, 01:03 AM
Over the last hour it has tasted like cranberry and absolut.

Nitro Express
06-17-2007, 04:03 AM
JD is very overrated.

I used to drink it to try and look cool back in the day but there are a many much better bourbons.

I agree. I prefer Jim Beam Choice, Wild Turkey 101, and Maker's Mark to Jack. The worst vodka I ever had was in Russia and what was funny is it was cheap than what the bottled water was selling for. I've tried a few high end vodkas but I find them too cleam I just end up going back to Smirnoff regular and find it still the best.

I love good whiskey and the Irish and Scotts do a fine job of making it. I would take Bushmills or Chivas over that cough syrup the Germans drink.

I reciently stumbled onto the booze bargain of my life. Presidente brandy from Mexico. It's smooth like a good scotch and then it explodes into the perfect bite with an essence of the grape and oak aging. I think it's perfect. I have found American brandies too flabby and the French congacs including the VSOP and Napolean varieties are too dry with a dissapointing palate.

This Mexican hooch is the shit and I drank a half fifth straight it's so smooth and tastey. I don't bother to mix it. It doesn't need it.

$13 a bottle and I would gladly pay $30 for it.

Nitro Express
06-17-2007, 04:10 AM
Distilled spirits never give me hangover problems. I've puked more wine and cheap beer than anything. I still remember taking turns puking in the toilet with another sick friend at a party in 9th grade. We both downed 16 cans of Olympia. Or the time I drank too much Carlo Rossi on a ski trip. I was dry heaving after blowing bile on that one.

Nitro Express
06-17-2007, 04:13 AM
I drink wine only with meals or deserts. I consider it a food staple.

Beer is for refreshment or a replacement for wine. I rarely drink over four in a row anymore.

Distilled spirits is for the happy high and I push the envelope here sometimes. Like that tastey brandy sent me to Pluto and I returned to earth without having to use the vomit bag!

FORD
06-17-2007, 05:38 AM
Originally posted by rustoffa
One thing you DO NOT want to do is end up outside and fucking around with deep bodies of water, or an old water hose full of ant maggots.

:guzzle: :gulp:

Can you even walk outside your house anymore without being attacked by some kind of fucking insect??

Last week it was bees and scorpions, now the ant maggots are after your ass.

Better look out for the fucking tarantulas next week!

FORD
06-17-2007, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
Distilled spirits never give me hangover problems. I've puked more wine and cheap beer than anything. I still remember taking turns puking in the toilet with another sick friend at a party in 9th grade. We both downed 16 cans of Olympia. Or the time I drank too much Carlo Rossi on a ski trip. I was dry heaving after blowing bile on that one.

16 cans of Olympia? Shit, that's barely enough alcohol to get you buzzed. It's the water (and very little else)

But the impurities, yeah, that will fuck you up everytime. That's why I don't do cheap beer.

And I'm allergic to sulfites anyway, so that definitely lets wine out.

Unfortunately I didn't know that back in 1988 when I slammed down about 3 2 liter bottles of California Cooler (remember that shit, anyone??) and then did my best Old Faithful impersonation when my asshole friend hit me in the gut with one of the empty bottles.

MAX
06-17-2007, 05:51 AM
K dumb dumbs,

For vodka, try this...

http://library.bevnetwork.com/bottles/260/28109.jpg

Sixty bucks a fifth but it's the shit and you'll never view vodka the same way again. Seriously, have this shit in a martini and you wont even want the slightest hint of an olive in it to fuck up it's purity and taste.

Now for my own personal tastes, I've always liked 'Ol Marky Mark back when I drank weeeskeee... lol

http://images.businessweek.com/ss/06/10/makers_mark/image/14.jpg

Again and trust me cos liquor is a part of my career. ;) Although, I'm currently a lot more focused on wine right now.

chi-town324
06-17-2007, 09:28 AM
16 cans of Olympia? Shit, that's barely enough alcohol to get you buzzed. It's the water (and very little else)

But the impurities, yeah, that will fuck you up everytime. That's why I don't do cheap beer.

And I'm allergic to sulfites anyway, so that definitely lets wine out.

Unfortunately I didn't know that back in 1988 when I slammed down about 3 2 liter bottles of California Cooler (remember that shit, anyone??) and then did my best Old Faithful impersonation when my asshole friend hit me in the gut with one of the empty bottles. that's some funny shit!!!!:D

TAKIN WHISKEY
06-17-2007, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by MAX
K dumb dumbs,

For vodka, try this...

http://library.bevnetwork.com/bottles/260/28109.jpg

Sixty bucks a fifth but it's the shit and you'll never view vodka the same way again. Seriously, have this shit in a martini and you wont even want the slightest hint of an olive in it to fuck up it's purity and taste.

Now for my own personal tastes, I've always liked 'Ol Marky Mark back when I drank weeeskeee... lol

http://images.businessweek.com/ss/06/10/makers_mark/image/14.jpg

Again and trust me cos liquor is a part of my career. ;) Although, I'm currently a lot more focused on wine right now.

Thanks, Max. I love Makers so I will be sure to try the Stolis Elit

CROWBAR
06-17-2007, 12:41 PM
Whiskey hands down. Vodka's for chicks.

Viking
06-17-2007, 01:18 PM
Uh, fellas, I have a confession to make. I'm a Maker's Mark ambassador. No shit. :D

CROWBAR
06-17-2007, 01:23 PM
Uh, fellas, I have a confession to make. I'm a Maker's Mark ambassador. No shit. :D

Are you a corn squeezin' ambassador too?:D

Viking
06-17-2007, 05:50 PM
Actually, I haven't touched a jar of that brawl starter in ages. But I registered with Maker's Mark about a year ago. That was my bourbon of choice for quite a while about 20 years ago. It's gotten way too expensive for mass consumption now that I have a family, mortgage, car payments, all that boring middle-age shit. :D

jharp84
06-17-2007, 06:17 PM
I hear ya Viking!! I had just refi'd my wife on mortgage, took couple grand out, she started up a fuckin ebay business, that now is gone and most likely not coming back! $6000 down the drain! Did this in Feb. Since April(our annivesary, we are getting divorced!) Now doing equity loan to buy her out! Co. merging w/wachovia may be out of job! Not trying to use this site to bitch and moan! Life is not easy for anyone(EVH listening?? You can make it so much better for us by reuniting w/DLR for at least one more tour/disc!!!) However to explain why right now I am drinking skol vodka w/orange diet right!! Hey it worked for Keith Richards!!

CROWBAR
06-17-2007, 06:18 PM
Actually, I haven't touched a jar of that brawl starter in ages. But I registered with Maker's Mark about a year ago. That was my bourbon of choice for quite a while about 20 years ago. It's gotten way too expensive for mass consumption now that I have a family, mortgage, car payments, all that boring middle-age shit. :D

Man, what did a jar of lightnin' go for back in the day maddog? Or, did you even have to pay? Did you see God?:D

RuzDNailz
06-17-2007, 06:19 PM
Anyone tried those flavoured vodka brands. I don't mean those lemonade drinks if you were thinking that. Smirnoff and Absolut
have those vodkas with a hint of lemon or raspberry in them. Not
bad at all when mixing with the right beverage.

jharp84
06-17-2007, 06:19 PM
Damn!! Do I miss the old days when the only challenge I had was coming back into the house on a weekend night and having my mother call me in to the living room to check my eyes! I failed every fucking time cause I was to pussy to put visine in my eyes!!

RuzDNailz
06-17-2007, 06:26 PM
Let's vote on which of the J's you prefer.

Johnnie Walker, Jack Daniels, or Jim Beam?

Or another brand like Wiser's

CROWBAR
06-17-2007, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by RuzDNailz
Anyone tried those flavoured vodka brands. I don't mean those lemonade drinks if you were thinking that. Smirnoff and Absolut

What? Fruit, mixed with liqueur? You've got to be kidding? I thought this was the Army, where men are fucking men!

Same thing goes for beer jackasses. Four frickin' ingredients. And fruit ain't one of them.

Sheez

svrwthr
06-17-2007, 06:33 PM

I've drank almost every flavor of Smirnoff. Triple Black so far is the best. Next I would say either raspberry or green apple. Let the girls drink the wine cooler and if you like them but don't want to look like a pussy then do the smirnoffs

RuzDNailz
06-17-2007, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by svrwthr
I've drank almost every flavor of Smirnoff. Triple Black so far is the best. Next I would say either raspberry or green apple. Let the girls drink the wine cooler and if you like them but don't want to look like a pussy then do the smirnoffs

The vanilla flavoured vodka and coke(or pepsi) is an awesome
mix! Truth is, I've seen a good ratio of both sexes drinking those wine coolers during parties. All of those hard lemonade drinkers agree that they can't handle the flavour of beer. Once you build up a tolerance to beer, you start to enjoy WAY more.

Viking
06-17-2007, 06:48 PM
jharp, you wife's biz is getting eaten by Wachovia, or yours? CROWBAR, we never had to pay for that shit when we got into it. Bidness works a little differently up on the ridges with the crowd you run with. You bring what you got, and pass it around, and every once in a while a Mason jar of paint stripper would magically appear in front of you. :D You don't ask questions when it's from plumbing like the kind the ATF likes to shut down. You just shut up, take a long pull, and start talking to people that ain't there. :D

Viking
06-17-2007, 06:50 PM
I'm not a huge fan of some of those flavored liquors, but I do like spiced rum and cherry Pepsi. It's like smoking a pipe. :D

jharp84
06-17-2007, 07:12 PM
jharp, you wife's biz is getting eaten by Wachovia, or yours? CROWBAR, we never had to pay for that shit when we got into it. Bidness works a little differently up on the ridges with the crowd you run with. You bring what you got, and pass it around, and every once in a while a Mason jar of paint stripper would magically appear in front of you. :D You don't ask questions when it's from plumbing like the kind the ATF likes to shut down. You just shut up, take a long pull, and start talking to people that ain't there. :D

No lay off the jar for a fuckin 20 min. bend!! Just kiddin! I agreed w/all your "middle age"shit! Mortgage, wife, kids, etc.,etc., I refi'd my home recently put wife on the mortgage, then gave her cash to start up an ebay biz! She fucked that up and now were getting divorced! And I have to go back do an equity loan If I qualify and give her a buyout! Cause she ain't getting no fuckin alimony of anything else since I took her in and repaired her life! Since we decided divorce, 2 months ago she has dated 4 dudes while living under my fuckin roof!!! Wachovia bought out my company world savings! I appraise homes for world, may be gone? who knows! However the skol vodka still does the trick! Nice on my gut after 2 months of cheap whiskey and diet cola!!! ROCK ON!

CROWBAR
06-17-2007, 07:23 PM

Thanxs for that explanation Viking. I figgered as much!

Rock and Roll Hootchie Koo Bruther!

Viking
06-17-2007, 07:40 PM
jharp, same shit happened with my wife. Her company rolled her 401k over to them. But if we were getting a divorce, you can be damn sure she wouldn't be getting a shot of foreign manguini sauce as long as we were under the same roof.

hillbillyhell
06-17-2007, 07:45 PM
Kicken chicken for me .. Over ice...

jharp84
06-17-2007, 07:51 PM
jharp, same shit happened with my wife. Her company rolled her 401k over to them. But if we were getting a divorce, you can be damn sure she wouldn't be getting a shot of foreign manguini sauce as long as we were under the same roof.

VIKING! When the REUNION TOUR 2008 HAPPENS! THE DLR ARMY IS GONNA DO SOME GYPSY PARTING! THAT MEANS WERE GONNA GET TOGETHER AND DOWN SOME FUCKIN JARS! JUST WATCHED one of my favorite movies yesaterday due to similar FUCKIN heat and humidity! WHITE LIGHTING w/ BURT REYNOLDS and NED BEATTY!! BTW! I already paid my fuckin wife for LIFE! She knows it! NO alimony, no 401K! NO more chinese food!!!

Seshmeister
06-17-2007, 09:00 PM

I don't like most of them. The berry one is horrendous.

Every so often someone buys me a pack of Absolut ones as a present.

Actually I don't like Absolut at all. Scandinavian vodka is made in a different way from Russian or Polish vodkas

I think Makers Mark is the best bourbon.

I like Stoli but $60 a bottle is a bit too much for me. I think if you stuck it in the freezer for a few hours along with a standard bottle of Stoli you wouldn't notice a huge difference.

Cheers!

:gulp:

jharp84
06-17-2007, 09:07 PM
I don't like most of them. The berry one is horrendous.

Every so often someone buys me a pack of Absolut ones as a present.

Actually I don't like Absolut at all. Scandinavian vodka is made in a different way from Russian or Polish vodkas

I think Makers Mark is the best bourbon.

I like Stoli but $60 a bottle is a bit too much for me. I think if you stuck it in the freezer for a few hours along with a standard bottle of Stoli you wouldn't notice a huge difference.

Cheers!

:gulp:
Thanks for the heads up mate!!! I have to try this makers mark shit! I will drink this when my soon to be ex-wife moves out! Aprrox. 2 weeks! I will raise a toast to the army w/this overwhelming brand!! Thanks to all who responded! YOUR the FUCKIN GREATEST!!!

Nitro Express
06-17-2007, 09:10 PM
Ok. We all know Maker's Mark is some good barrel aged corn squeezins but us mass consumption budget minded folk also know Ancient Age and Evan Williams is the best secret buy in the liquor store don't we?

As far as Stolichnaya Elite goes. It's worth paying $60 just to get the cool looking bottle.

jharp84
06-17-2007, 09:15 PM
When the 2008/CVH tour/cd is announced or my divorce finalized! Just for the Nitro! I am gonna buy a bottle Stoli-Elite! Your all right mate!!!

Nitro Express
06-17-2007, 09:16 PM
Have any of you dudes been to the Maker's Mark Distillery? Very cool. The stills are from the 19th Century. Lot's of old brass and cast iron and the whole place looks like Willie Wonka's Chocolate factory. Ompa Loompa's probably make the shit.

jharp84
06-17-2007, 09:21 PM
Not yet! Put it on the Gypsy DLR 2008 Reunion tour schedule! Translation: If the REunion happens! Which of course it will! Right! We at the army have to congregate and party together like it is the "end of the end" At least we can try!!!

rustoffa
06-17-2007, 11:00 PM
Can you even walk outside your house anymore without being attacked by some kind of fucking insect??

Last week it was bees and scorpions, now the ant maggots are after your ass.

Better look out for the fucking tarantulas next week!
:D

The ant maggot experience took place @ Lake Sinclair....years ago. All we had was Old Mr. Boston vodka in plastic 1.75's....no mixers. It's funny...motherfuckers use wakeboards to slide all over shit nowadays...big pvc death traps...you name it. I'm talking circa 1994 here...we had been just crushing this fuckers' pontoon boat...trying to rock slide the pontoon. There was fucking scrapes all over the thing by the time we had it dialed. Anyway, the dude was pretty cool about it when he wandered down to the dock to see why we were repeatedly driving by(in the boat) and crashing(on the wakeboard.) He said to come over if we needed anything, and to make sure we cleaned the scrapes off his pontoon later, when we weren't so DRUNK. Fast forward to needing something (water) later that evening. The well pump fizzled out on us, and we didn't even have water to drink with the life-threatening vodka we had...so I staggered around the cove to that dude's place @ like 3 in the morning. He told me that I couldn't come in the house, and suggested I use the water hose to fill a flower watering can he handed me. I wandered around that place in the dark for like who knows how long, and when I finally found the water hose, I just turned it on...like waiting for a drink. Next thing I know, a bunch of crap that I thought was mud or something came out of the hose....I disregarded it...let the hose run for awhile, and filled the watering can. When I got back to the unsafe house, they LOL about all the maggots on me. Right after that, I went and jumped in the lake.

Nitro Express
06-18-2007, 12:05 AM
Should have put the maggots in the vodka bottle and told people it was Cabo Wabo tequila and they would have believed you.

Dan
06-18-2007, 01:32 AM
Any Heaven Hill Drinkers out there?