PDA

View Full Version : So I watched "Sicko" tonight.......

FORD
06-17-2007, 04:14 AM
Yeah, sue me MPAA. I managed to get a hold of a copy of Michael Moore's "Sicko" today and I watched it tonight with intentions of posting my full review.

The thing is, I can't. Because anything I say will give away too much of the story, and this story is one that MUST be seen in order to fully realize the impact that it is having on our country.

Mark my words, this movie will piss you off. It will depress you. It may send some of you so deeply into denial that your heads will have to be surgically removed from your asses, and then you might take a more personal stake in the whole thing anyway.

Hopefully, it will make you think. And ask yourself, and later others, some damn serious questions.

See the damn movie. No excuses. The one thing you will definitely NOT be, is bored.

Redballjets88
06-17-2007, 04:20 AM
i would be because i could care less what michael moore says, along with whatever conservative version that proves him wrong. bc politics are gay, and people take this shit too seriously

FORD
06-17-2007, 04:31 AM
You can't take the subject of this movie seriously enough. And it goes beyond "politics".

Far beyond.

Redballjets88
06-17-2007, 04:38 AM
i dont know the subject, nor do i really care bc it is politics and it is BS and it is biased and it is not effecting my life.

FORD
06-17-2007, 04:51 AM
How can you say the fucked up state of the health care system in this country has no effect on your life.

Guess what.... you're 19. Assuming you DON'T go in the military, you still start dying at age 20 like everyone else. Slowly, granted..... but inevitable.

Hell yes it affects you. And I'm assuming you have parents. And if they're still fairly young, then you probably have grandparents as well. How are they doing?

Nickdfresh
06-17-2007, 05:01 AM
Originally posted by Redballjets88
i would be because i could care less what michael moore says, along with whatever conservative version that proves him wrong. bc politics are gay, and people take this shit too seriously

Dude, "SicKo" received a positive review from FOX NEWS! Exactly because the film ISN'T partisan and takes aim at Hillary Clinton in particular...

Redballjets88
06-17-2007, 05:06 AM
Originally posted by FORD
How can you say the fucked up state of the health care system in this country has no effect on your life.

Guess what.... you're 19. Assuming you DON'T go in the military, you still start dying at age 20 like everyone else. Slowly, granted..... but inevitable.

Hell yes it affects you. And I'm assuming you have parents. And if they're still fairly young, then you probably have grandparents as well. How are they doing?

well i smoke a pack a day and if i have a problem later in life i will have helth insurance for that. fuck social health care i dont want to sit in the waiting room for days to been seen

Redballjets88
06-17-2007, 05:07 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Dude, "SicKo" received a positive review from FOX NEWS! Exactly because the film ISN'T partisan and takes aim at Hillary Clinton in particular...

thats suprising, well i still wont check it out. well maybe when i can rent itl. i watch just about every thing that is for rent

blockbuster online baby

matt19
06-17-2007, 06:51 AM
well i smoke a pack a day and if i have a problem later in life i will have helth insurance for that. fuck social health care i dont want to sit in the waiting room for days to been seen

Thats the attitude to have! Why dont you bump it up to 2 packs a day? Then when you are in the waiting room for four days, see a doctor and have to pay out your ass, you'll realise how the health care system is competely fucked.

vh rides again
06-17-2007, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by matt19
Thats the attitude to have! Why dont you bump it up to 2 packs a day? Then when you are in the waiting room for four days, see a doctor and have to pay out your ass, you'll realise how the health care system is competely fucked.

goddamn, dont your employers offer health insurance?

matt19
06-17-2007, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by vh rides again
goddamn, dont your employers offer health insurance?

Oh ya mine do, but its still bullshit how some people can't even afford co-pays for their kids, and prescriptions are getting out of hand.

Roy Munson
06-17-2007, 10:05 AM
I'm sure it's clever editing as usual.

hideyoursheep
06-17-2007, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Roy Munson

It would be hard to edit what millions of Americans experience with the fucked up healthcare system every day. He would be called out on it immediately.

This isn't Farenheit 9/11 where so much of what the Bush family has done in the dark was questioned.

I saw a television show w/ Moore doing a thing on Humana Healthcare..how a young man who had pancreatic cancer was denied coverage by these theives.

At one time United Healthcare had hundreds of thousands of unpaid claims that were redirected back to the policyholders due to "improperly filled out claims" by the hospitals and doctors...They are notorious for ignoring claims and not paying up, making you the policyholder responsible for 100% of payment until they resubmit this and that, only to fuck it up (purposely) again. It affects your credit, because the billing dept. wastes no time submitting unpaid claims to collection agencies. This was in the state of Ohio alone.

These are the same fucks who years ago denied my 12 day old son coverage because he couldn't breathe. According to their own rules, you have 30 days to add newborns to your policy to be covered after the birth, and because he wasn't added IN 12 DAYS they wanted to try and fuck ME around. I don't fuck around like that.

Never deal with the brokers,it's their job to drag ass and save the company money. Fucking hacks. Deal directly with the company.

WACF
06-17-2007, 11:05 AM
Never think that you will always have health insurance.

If something goes wrong with your job...and it happens...just look around...the first thing to go is your health insurance.

To think after starting a family and getting mortgaged up that you will have no problem maintaining health insurance if a crunch comes is abusrd.
Some can do it...alot can not.

Socialized healthcare is expensive...but worth it.
If not just for you think of the other people in your country...not everyone is fortunate.

Our system needs repair but is worth every tax dollar I put in.

DrMaddVibe
06-17-2007, 11:10 AM
fuck off frod.

Michael Moo-re's lies by ommissions train left the station. You can jump aboard and go around in that circle again. Not me.

His garbage isn't worth the bandwidth, time or hard drive space downloading.

Baby's On Fire
06-17-2007, 11:11 AM

It's extraordinary how stupid this fucking kid is......Dude, you ALREADY have a health problem...in your brain.

hideyoursheep
06-17-2007, 11:16 AM
i dont know the subject, nor do i really care bc it is politics and it is BS and it is biased and it is not effecting my life.

That's the problem....

If it doesn't affect YOU, YOU don't care.

Wait until something does, then you can cry.:rolleyes:

sadaist
06-17-2007, 11:18 AM
Our health care system may be fucked up, but if I needed surgery or any intensive treatments, there is no other country I would rather be in.

hideyoursheep
06-17-2007, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
fuck off frod.

George Bush's lies by ommissions train left the station. You can jump aboard and go around in that circle again. Not me.

:D

hideyoursheep
06-17-2007, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by sadaist
Our health care system may be fucked up, but if I needed surgery or any intensive treatments, there is no other country I would rather be in.

Why not? All the doctors are foreigners....

Do we not hold ourselves back with our mideveal beliefs in stem-cell research?

Don't worry...

A few leeches and some bat's vomit and you'll be just fine.:cool:

Baby's On Fire
06-17-2007, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by sadaist

Canada and most EU countries are light years ahead of the USA dude. Lose the "America is Greatets" horseshit and maybe you'll be better off.

Fucking amazing.

hideyoursheep
06-17-2007, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Baby's On Fire
Canada and most EU countries are light years ahead of the USA dude. Lose the "America is Greatets" horseshit and maybe you'll be better off.

Fucking amazing.

Thanks for the discount prescriptions, Canada!:baaa:

bantonelli
06-17-2007, 12:03 PM

Well that's all of your 19 years talkin. I had the same attitude at your age and you have alot of life left before you get to a place where your lungs will permanently damaged...but, just as an example,

My Dad died soon after his 52nd birthday. His medical insurance was through an HMO, was diagnosed and treated for Asthma. He asked the doctors if he had Lung Cancer, having been a pack-a-day smoker since his teenage years...they told him he just had a touch of Asthma (they never checked for cancer, despite my Dad's request.). Two weeks later he died, autopsy revealed Acute Emphysema.

I know you're thinking...your Dad was old...think again.

DAVE ROTH is not old - he still can kick plenty of ass and looks great physically and mentally...he'll be 52 in October....

YES, Healthcare, starting with YOU and me does matter.

Before our time, doctors routinely did house-calls because they cared about their profession and their patients in a manner that they were on 24/7.....today's world..not so many housecalls...some go into the profession for the luxurious lifestyle one profits from being a physician and there are others who truly care about and are challenged by finding cures and helping people get over their illnesses, but for the most part, it's a business corporation for $profit$.

(My humble opinion only.)

thome
06-17-2007, 12:09 PM
Hey 4 or 5 of you who contributed to this thread even -in jail- is the hottest thing and Paris is useing the new Ipod phone.

^(in my best scratcky, cock sukking, coke-ee, booty call making, entertainment tonight,busted and still reporting voice)

Get One Now it's the Latest don't miss out on the latest trend.

Believe it ,Believe it, don't doubt it, Get One, Now ,NOW, NOW!!!!!

How did the world make it this far with out -It-.
------------------------
5-Bucks sais, you are the same ones, who have seen, are going to see, want to see, recommend someone else sees,the movie in question.

You are not swayed by -Bush- because your "So IN Tune With Reality"

Yet most of your -Talk- is "Clown Joke Uninformed Movies are real unbelievable 3rd grade BS."

thomes take on the Nuge Thread and this One ....unbelievable supposed grown men recomending a Movie -Tells the truth- and
a(nuge) man who speaks his mind about his unwillingness to give up his -Ass -at all cost is a joke.

Blow Me!:eek:

Nitro Express
06-17-2007, 12:13 PM
Our politicians play us like fools because we are fools. America has become lazy and dumbed down to the point where important issues only get the backing they need if propigated through well done movies or other forms of media.

It's true.

Michael Moore is exposing a huge problem. Michael will put in his own bias and probably try and sell us on socialized medicine which I think is a mistake. We need regulation to bring our healthcare back to the affordable, free market system it was in the past.

I'm sure the movie will do well but who knows what the real impact will be. Americans are too dumb and lazy anymore to really get behind anything anymore.

Nitro Express
06-17-2007, 12:16 PM
If I need the million dollar heart surgery I will just go apeshit in a Wal-Mart tipping shelves over, smashing things, get arrested and now while in jail, I will get better health coverage than what my overpriced insurance pays for.

thome
06-17-2007, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
Our politicians play us like fools because we are fools. America has become lazy and dumbed down to the point where important issues only get the backing they need if propigated through well done movies or other forms of media.

It's true.

Michael Moore is exposing a huge problem. Michael will put in his own bias and probably try and sell us on socialized medicine which I think is a mistake. We need regulation to bring our healthcare back to the affordable, free market system it was in the past.

I'm sure the movie will do well but who knows what the real impact will be. Americans are too dumb and lazy anymore to really get behind anything anymore.

I understand your -rite- to free speach. Please, don't put me in your -mind trip- or your words in -my mouth-.

I dissagree with every split second of what you posted.Your next comment and the one after.And what brought you to these conclusions.

You may be a fine individual on all other levels.

Ice_Cream_Girl
06-17-2007, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by bantonelli
My Dad died soon after his 52nd birthday. His medical insurance was through an HMO, was diagnosed and treated for Asthma. He asked the doctors if he had Lung Cancer, having been a pack-a-day smoker since his teenage years...they told him he just had a touch of Asthma (they never checked for cancer, despite my Dad's request.). Two weeks later he died, autopsy revealed Acute Emphysema.

Before our time, doctors routinely did house-calls because they cared about their profession and their patients in a manner that they were on 24/7.....today's world..not so many housecalls...some go into the profession for the luxurious lifestyle one profits from being a physician and there are others who truly care about and are challenged by finding cures and helping people get over their illnesses, but for the most part, it's a business corporation for $profit$.

(My humble opinion only.)

And what's even sadder is that if your father had gotten 2nd, 3rd, and 4th opinions, those 3 doctors would be reluctant to disagree with the diagnosis made by the first doctor.

Nitro Express
06-17-2007, 12:33 PM
In a Republic people get the govt. they deserve long-term. We have representative govt. but it's been bought off. How? Because not enough citizens care, so the lobbiests and politicians can get away with it.

Look at your local school district. They all are full of corruption with highlly paid administrators and their cronies while they do nothing for the teachers and students. Kids are being called honor students in sixth grade but they can't work out a long division problem because they don't know their times tables. It's a joke.

What's the problem? The system? No. The school board is elected by the local citizens and it runs the district. The problem is there aren't enough parents who give a shit anymore.

America's biggest problem is not health care or education. It's our laziness, passiveness, and stupidity as a nation. We want freebies instead of working for it. Sure some Americans work hard and are smart but compared to the tottal, they are the exception and not the rule. The US is not competative in a real world sense anymore and that is why our biggest export right now is bailed corrigated cardboard. The Chinese are buying our garbage and making new boxes to sell their shit back to us in. We currently run a trade deficite with everybody including our nieghbor to the south Mexico.

Nitro Express
06-17-2007, 12:40 PM
America suffers from the corruption of mass collusion in industry, education, and healthcare because the average citizen doesn't give a shit. Ever wonder why a CEO gets fired and get $120,000,000 and then get's another high paying job?

A school district superintendant got fired for wasting money on poor quality books and software that she was getting kick backs on. She sued the school district for $5,000,000 and won. She was superintendant in Chicken Screw, Idaho where the average home costs $120,000 but managed to pull a salery of $105,000 with some increadable bennefits. She got canned and had no problem finding another job. Why? Collusion.

There is a good ol' boys club fucking us and they enjoy reaming our asses because we are passive or so dumb we don't know that we are being fucked.

The reamers love that people care more about Paris Hilton being in jail than the amnesty bill.

bantonelli
06-17-2007, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Ice_Cream_Girl
And what's even sadder is that if your father had gotten 2nd, 3rd, and 4th opinions, those 3 doctors would be reluctant to disagree with the diagnosis made by the first doctor.

Yes, you're right and I think this is one of the points that Michael Moore brings to the surface.

Big profits to be made by doctors and healthcare corps. by NOT using "expensive" medical technology on patients who have HMO's or other affordable insurance....instead, issuing alot of pharmeceuticals to patients as the alternative.... there again, big profits to be made by Pharmeceutical Companies, kick-backs/bonuses to doctors and healthcare corps.

It's all about the $$$.

Shall we all go Organic? Would it really make a difference?

FORD
06-17-2007, 01:40 PM
Moore alludes to the fact that some things are "socialized" in this country, and we're all better off because of it.

The fire department, for example.

But Moore doesn't take that example to the obvious conclusion.........

Imagine if fire departments were run by for profit corporations. The rich would get priority service, and the poor and middle classes would be damn lucky if their houses didn't completely burn down, and spend the rest of their lives paying for it.

The military is "socialized" and those of you who have served in it can probably speak to that fact far better than I can. Do you want Blackwater thugs (private armies) "defending" this country? I sure as Hell don't.

Some things simply should not be a "for profit business". Health care is the most obvious example of how leaving it to the corporatists has truly damaged this country.

Nickdfresh
06-17-2007, 01:49 PM
fuck off frod.

Michael Moo-re's lies by ommissions train left the station. You can jump aboard and go around in that circle again. Not me.

Don't worry, it won't interfere with your mIdol fixation...

http://www.jurassicdvd.com/catalog/images/AmericanIdolSearch.jpg

WARF
06-17-2007, 02:04 PM
FORD saw the movie before Roger Ebert? How the fuck is this possible? :D

DEMON CUNT
06-17-2007, 02:06 PM

Originally posted by Roy Munson

These two conservative ding-dong-douche-bags fail to offer any real criticism of Moore's films. Deep down inside they both know that Moore's work holds up under scrutiny. Be it Bush's military "service" or walking out of a bank with a free shotgun. His movies are meticulously researched unlike most of the Hannitized media that they consume.

Moore is a threat to their political paradigm and they are compelled to attack the messenger rather than discuss the facts as they are presented.

WACF
06-17-2007, 02:50 PM
Moore alludes to the fact that some things are "socialized" in this country, and we're all better off because of it.

Imagine if fire departments were run by for profit corporations. The rich would get priority service, and the poor and middle classes would be damn lucky if their houses didn't completely burn down, and spend the rest of their lives paying for it.

The military is "socialized" and those of you who have served in it can probably speak to that fact far better than I can. Do you want Blackwater thugs (private armies) "defending" this country? I sure as Hell don't.

Some things simply should not be a "for profit business". Health care is the most obvious example of how leaving it to the corporatists has truly damaged this country.

Bang on....

thome
06-17-2007, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by DEMON CUNT
These two conservative ding-dong-douche-bags fail to offer any real criticism of Moore's films. Deep down inside they both know that Moore's work holds up under scrutiny. Be it Bush's military "service" or walking out of a bank with a free shotgun. His movies are meticulously researched unlike most of the Hannitized media that they consume.

Moore is a threat to their political paradigm and they are compelled to attack the messenger rather than discuss the facts as they are presented.

Way to go pirate Roberts Nice Sail.

Try a little Moore lip gloss .

If you could get a little Moore on you, I can't see how.

I saw some picts of whales fukking, disgusting porn if you ask me .
No really,this whale had a 30 ft long dik and it was 3 ft across at the base.

Mooreitas promote this kind of photography but in scool books they airbrush the peepee off of Michlangelos David

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n189/thome_2006/jkjcopy.jpg

Any geeneus's out there able to figure out wich of these two posts is the truth.
If so i will donate -5 Bucks- to the Stop the Whale Photographers .

DEMON CUNT
06-17-2007, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by thome
Mooreitas promote this kind of photography but in scool books they airbrush the peepee off of Michlangelos David

So, through your bong resin encrusted filter, you see Moore (or "they") as being responsible for the censorship of classic works of art?

If you really want to discuss Moore's work, then please do. If someday Moore covers whale sex and the art of Michelangelo in a film such points may be of relevance.

Redballjets88
06-17-2007, 03:39 PM

FUCK YES!!!! SOCIALISM YES GOOD IDEA LETS BECOME SOCIALIST!

fucktard, if you call conservatives fascist, then liberals are commies. so have fun sucking Stalins dick. socialist

thome
06-17-2007, 03:45 PM
So, through your bong resin encrusted filter, you see Moore (or "they") as being responsible for the censorship of classic works of art?

If you really want to discuss Moore's work, then please do. If someday Moore covers whale sex and the art of Michelangelo in a film such points may be of relevance.

People who rewrite history and contol -your- mind, are they, the them,
you honor and lookup to and promote.
Lies in skool books, lies on film, lies in your mind ,you can't see thru.

Like i said before in another post, many here i could share a beer with and talk about something else.

Promoting lies for his personal financial benifit thru the manipulation of falsly created ways of thought, is not gonna make me want to buy the next round.

It a movie not a documentary he does for the benifit of a greated mankind.

Roth On

jhale667
06-17-2007, 04:20 PM
It's extraordinary how stupid this fucking kid is......Dude, you ALREADY have a health problem...in your brain.

fucktard, if you call conservatives fascist, then liberals are commies. so have fun sucking Stalins dick. socialist

http://a.photos.cx/Stupid-09e.jpg

;)

DrMaddVibe
06-17-2007, 04:24 PM
Don't worry, it won't interfere with your mIdol fixation...

http://www.jurassicdvd.com/catalog/images/AmericanIdolSearch.jpg

nicker00, its YOU that have the fixation. YOU post up pictures of American Idol and Clay Aiken every chance YOU get. Yet, you and demented runt think I'm on the AI train?

Fuck off twits and go jump in torrent line for this "treasure"!

DrMaddVibe
06-17-2007, 04:26 PM

You mindless twit. Its not socialism. You pay taxes for that public service. Those that provide it get a paycheck.

I can't wait for you to post up how the BCE created HMO's!

Nickdfresh
06-17-2007, 05:48 PM
nicker00, its YOU that have the fixation. YOU post up pictures of American Idol and Clay Aiken every chance YOU get. Yet, you and demented runt think I'm on the AI train?

Fuck off twits and go jump in torrent line for this "treasure"!

You mindless twit. Its not socialism. You pay taxes for that public service. Those that provide it get a paycheck.

More insightful analysis from the mind of Aiken for gay Clay...

You seem so angry all of the time. Here, maybe this will cheer you up!

http://www.ramblestrip.com/clay_im.jpg

DEMON CUNT
06-17-2007, 06:01 PM

Like i said before in another post, many here i could share a beer with and talk about something else.

Promoting lies for his personal financial benifit thru the manipulation of falsly created ways of thought, is not gonna make me want to buy the next round.

Roth On

You have an opinion. Congratulations.

DrMaddVibe
06-17-2007, 06:24 PM
I can't wait to suck his dick. At least he's got one, unlike Demon Cunt, that bitch.
http://www.ramblestrip.com/clay_im.jpg

Keep it in your pants nicker00!

EAT MY ASSHOLE
06-17-2007, 07:57 PM

You would think a post like this would prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that this guy is yet another alias of mine. Amazingly, that is not the case. Far as I know, this is the genuine article: Homo Sapien Dumbass.

EAT MY ASSHOLE
06-17-2007, 08:02 PM

Uh...hello? There might not be a draft or a mandatory national service program, but the military is in terminology only a "socialized" program. And I know you know what I'm talking about, so I won;t bother elaborating.

And it's been studied regarding police and fire department call and response times to, say the affluent UES here in Manhattan, and the outer boroughs like the Bronx. Let's review those numbers...priority service? To quote Howard Cosell..."Ladies and Gentlemen, the Bronx is burning".

Nickdfresh
06-17-2007, 09:16 PM
Keep it in your pants nicker00!

No need for jealousy. He's all yours buddy...

matt19
06-17-2007, 10:00 PM

Roth On

Yet again you just prove that you act retarded to get noticed. The first two "sentences" are there to keep up your bullshit act, but the rest of the post makes perfect sense.

:rolleyes:

FORD
06-17-2007, 10:05 PM

Well, since you brought it up....

Who was in the White House in 1971? ;)

Little Texan
06-18-2007, 12:52 AM
Hey 4 or 5 of you who contributed to this thread even -in jail- is the hottest thing and Paris is useing the new Ipod phone.

^(in my best scratcky, cock sukking, coke-ee, booty call making, entertainment tonight,busted and still reporting voice)

Get One Now it's the Latest don't miss out on the latest trend.

Believe it ,Believe it, don't doubt it, Get One, Now ,NOW, NOW!!!!!

How did the world make it this far with out -It-.
------------------------
5-Bucks sais, you are the same ones, who have seen, are going to see, want to see, recommend someone else sees,the movie in question.

You are not swayed by -Bush- because your "So IN Tune With Reality"

Yet most of your -Talk- is "Clown Joke Uninformed Movies are real unbelievable 3rd grade BS."

thomes take on the Nuge Thread and this One ....unbelievable supposed grown men recomending a Movie -Tells the truth- and
a(nuge) man who speaks his mind about his unwillingness to give up his -Ass -at all cost is a joke.

Blow Me!:eek:

Dude, lay off the crack pipe, cause your posts are giving me a headache just trying to decode WTF that jibberish is that you're trying to convey.

Redballjets88
06-18-2007, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
You would think a post like this would prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that this guy is yet another alias of mine. Amazingly, that is not the case. Far as I know, this is the genuine article: Homo Sapien Dumbass.

or just the fact that im so sick of hearing people bitch and whine and groan that i have stopped caring about all of this shit.

and who would say im an alias of you?

kentuckyklira
06-18-2007, 04:40 AM
How sick must your mind be to think someone (and even his family) deserves to suffer and even die just because he´s too poor to afford decent health care insurance!

What would baby Jesus think about sick fucks like that.

It´s a shame that some citizens in the wealthiest country on Earth, the country that accounts for half of the worldwide military spending, can´t even afford to visit a dentist!

Again, as so often, I´m glad I live here and not there!

hideyoursheep
06-18-2007, 09:44 AM

I put some time in that socialized military you call the Army...what does that make me? FORD is right on every point. You have yet to make one. Shut up, sit down and listen....

The world isn't that black and white,pal. You gotta look for the off-color shit. You only know what you've been "dumbed down" to believe. (Nitro,thanks)

Let's have some fun right here and now,blueballs...

What are you "conservative" on?

hideyoursheep
06-18-2007, 09:48 AM
Well, since you brought it up....

Who was in the White House in 1971? ;)

Cheney, Rumsfeld, and Wolfowitz to name a few..

Who did I miss besides the Governator's hero?

Oh, yeah....Rove.

matt19
06-18-2007, 10:22 AM
or just the fact that im so sick of hearing people bitch and whine and groan that i have stopped caring about all of this shit.

and who would say im an alias of you?

I don't care if you don't care, but if you don't know what the fuck you are talking about.... SHUT THE FUCK UP!

FORD
06-18-2007, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by hideyoursheep
Cheney, Rumsfeld, and Wolfowitz to name a few..

Who did I miss besides the Governator's hero?

Oh, yeah....Rove.

All true, of course. But I was looking for the name of the "Crook in Chief".......

http://edbatista.typepad.com/edbatista/images/2005/06/Richard%20Nixon.jpg

None other than Richard Milhous Nixon, who owed his entire political career to Grandpa Prescott Bush.

His infamous personal tape recordings surface once again in "Sicko" and the conversation he has with John Erlichman is very interesting.......

EAT MY ASSHOLE
06-18-2007, 07:43 PM
His infamous personal tape recordings surface once again in "Sicko" and the conversation he has with John Erlichman is very interesting.......

Please do elaborate, kind sir...

MERRYKISSMASS2U
06-18-2007, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by jhale667
http://a.photos.cx/Stupid-09e.jpg

;)

How ironic.

DEMON CUNT
06-18-2007, 08:35 PM
CIA World Fact Book: Infant mortality rate ranked by country. (https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2091rank.html) Note where the United States and Canada rank.

FORD
06-18-2007, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
Please do elaborate, kind sir...

February 17, 1971
5:26 pm - 5:53 pm
Oval Office
Conversation 450-23

John D. Ehrlichman: On the—on the health business—

President Nixon: Yeah.

Ehrlichman: —we have now narrowed down the vice president's problems on this thing to one issue and that is whether we should include these health maintenance organizations like Edgar Kaiser's Permanente thing. The vice president just cannot see it. We tried 15 ways from Friday to explain it to him and then help him to understand it. He finally says, “Well, I don't think they'll work, but if the president thinks it's a good idea, I'll support him a hundred percent.”

President Nixon: Well, what's—what's the judgment?

Ehrlichman: Well, everybody else's judgment very strongly is that we go with it.

President Nixon: All right.

Ehrlichman: And, uh, uh, he's the one holdout that we have in the whole office.

President Nixon: Say that I—I—I'd tell him I have doubts about it, but I think that it's, uh, now let me ask you, now you give me your judgment. You know I'm not to keen on any of these damn medical programs.

Ehrlichman: This, uh, let me, let me tell you how I am—

President Nixon: [Unclear.]

Ehrlichman: This—this is a—

President Nixon: I don't [unclear]—

Ehrlichman: —private enterprise one.

President Nixon: Well, that appeals to me.

Ehrlichman:Edgar Kaiser is running his Permanente deal for profit. And the reason that he can—the reason he can do it—I had Edgar Kaiser come in—talk to me about this and I went into it in some depth. All the incentives are toward less medical care, because—

President Nixon: [Unclear.]

Ehrlichman: —the less care they give them, the more money they make.

President Nixon: Fine. [Unclear.]

Ehrlichman: [Unclear] and the incentives run the right way.

President Nixon: Not bad.

Not a crook, huh?
:mad:

matt19
06-18-2007, 10:36 PM
Thats fucking pathetic. Amazingly fucked up, great heathcare system there redball?

Seshmeister
06-18-2007, 11:56 PM
CIA World Fact Book: Infant mortality rate ranked by country. (https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2091rank.html) Note where the United States and Canada rank.

Just a few points I'd like to throw in.

Infant mortality is seen as the most accurate simple statistic to judge healthcare. From memory I remember posting a while back that in his Stupid White Men book Moore quoted stats that showed Detroit as being worse for this than most 3rd world countries.

The thing was that Detroits figure were really shit but Moore lied about them to make them even worse. This was straight stats just a google click away. I don't know why he feels he always has to overegg his shit. It gives his opponents huge ammo even when his general point is right.

Secondly I'm not sure about Germany but in France, the UK and Canada who are all generally providing better healthcare overall to people and are comparable everyone seems to be pissed off about the provision of healthcare. Complaints are not unique to the US model.

Saying that paying the government to provide free or socialised healthcare turns you into a communist country is obviously just silly. It's like as someone said noone would want privitised military or police. Paying the government in taxes to provide all your healthcare is just like a big insurance company rather than lots of companies.

I think it comes down to this.

Anything to do with government means that money is wasted and pissed away. Huge public shit always wastes money. Look at all the money that the US military pisses away. The UK health serivice was famously the second largest employer in the world after the Russian Army.

Flipside is that private has to include profits, companies ducking obligations where possible, needless tests etc etc. Like your bank the time you need them is when they are least likely to want to help you. What seems to happen in the US is not a free market because it costs so much to get elected ineveitably the health insurance companies can buy your politicians to a degree. So instead of free market v big government you end up with the worst of both.

My gut instinct is actually pretty libertarian but there has to be a moral aspect to healthcare. It's one of the few things I think government is there to do because otherwise you get huge unfairness. It's also odd to me that so many people that have a heart attack about 8 week abortions don't give a flying fuck if the kid is 10 times more likely to die later on of 'natural causes' than theirs.

Also without seeing this film yet, it does seems to me that folk in the US are getting ripped off. You pay more than anywhere else yet it is delivering worse than most of Western Europe.

There is no easy answer, personally I think some sort of hybrid system is probably best but the bottom line is that the most important thing any government can do is provide or set up an environment whereby your healthcare works. Everything else is window dressing when you or your kids are sick.

Cheers!

:gulp:

TongueNGroove
06-19-2007, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by Nitro Express

We need regulation to bring our healthcare back to the affordable, free market system it was in the past.

Umm, do you even have a clue what you are talking about? We need "Regulation" to bring back the "Free Market" system?

You know these pharmasutical companies come up with all these Amazing drugs because of one reason, to make money. If you "Regulate" what they can charge for said drugs then you just took the motivation to invent the drugs right out from under them. Therefore you can forget about having any new life saving drugs.

You know why you can buy drugs cheaper in Canada? Because the drugs are developed and made in America and Americans pay full retail which is where these companies get most of their profits. They then sell the drugs to other countries at a reduced rate.

Canada has a socialized medical system, how many great drugs and surgical procedures have they invented?

Angel
06-19-2007, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by TongueNGroove
Canada has a socialized medical system, how many great drugs and surgical procedures have they invented?

Ummmm.... for starters:

Insulin is a great drug.

Pacemakers (which, of course, require surgery).

DLRdelight!
06-19-2007, 02:21 AM

typical 19 year old set of mind. grow up a bit man. im 19 and im already thinking of how to save money, where to invest it, how to make sure i retire with money and not work until im 80. yeah no one likes politics but at least be aware of whats going on

TongueNGroove
06-19-2007, 02:29 AM
Well, those are nice inventions, but Canada didn't even have it's Socialized medical heatlh care system in place until the late 1960's....long after those were invented.

In doing some research on that subject I found way too many articles saying how bad Canada's sytem is...10-28 weeks to get an MRI? You'd be dead by then.

Here is a great article on the subject http://www.theadvocates.org/freeman/8903lemi.html

FORD
06-19-2007, 03:51 AM
Another shining example of the Libertarian dreamworld.......

The "free market" does not exist. Humana/HCA, Kaiser Permante, and the like are HUGE corporations with deep ties to the government. You can't start up "Joe's mom n pop Health Care Clinic" and compete with that.

Just as it is with oil companies, these mammoth corporations, along with the pharmaceuticals and the insurance industry are in collusion to keep profits high, and actual care given as low as possible.

The purpose of a for profit business is to make money. That's the only thing the shareholders care about. And that's precisely why some things should NEVER be a for profit business.

Redballjets88
06-19-2007, 03:54 AM
Originally posted by DLRdelight!
typical 19 year old set of mind. grow up a bit man. im 19 and im already thinking of how to save money, where to invest it, how to make sure i retire with money and not work until im 80. yeah no one likes politics but at least be aware of whats going on

i am aware about whats going on, and i am saving money...for college....but at the same time im not worrying about what i will be doing at 65 or 80 bc when you're 19 you're supposed to have fun, not worry

Seshmeister
06-19-2007, 07:04 AM
Umm, do you even have a clue what you are talking about? We need "Regulation" to bring back the "Free Market" system?

You know these pharmasutical companies come up with all these Amazing drugs because of one reason, to make money. If you "Regulate" what they can charge for said drugs then you just took the motivation to invent the drugs right out from under them. Therefore you can forget about having any new life saving drugs.

You know why you can buy drugs cheaper in Canada? Because the drugs are developed and made in America and Americans pay full retail which is where these companies get most of their profits. They then sell the drugs to other countries at a reduced rate.

I'm not sure that most drugs are invented in the US. Most drugs are created by a few big multinational companies. Secondly did you know that these companies spend 15 or 20% of their income on R&D but 30 or 40% on marketing?

Angel
06-19-2007, 08:29 AM
Well, those are nice inventions, but Canada didn't even have it's Socialized medical heatlh care system in place until the late 1960's....long after those were invented.

In doing some research on that subject I found way too many articles saying how bad Canada's sytem is...10-28 weeks to get an MRI? You'd be dead by then.

Here is a great article on the subject http://www.theadvocates.org/freeman/8903lemi.html

Those were just two examples off the top of my head. There are numerous surgical procedures AND Pharmaceutical R&D other than those, including in the area of stem-cell research. Of course, there are problems with the system, it's been underfunded and over-abused for too many years.

A 10-28 week MRI wait would NOT be for anything life threatening... but if you had a fucked up knee or hip, yes... you would wait a long time for that MRI.

Our system is not perfect, but nobody goes without medical care.

I would more than likely be dead if I lived in the United States, I wouldn't have been able to afford my pacemaker.

And that isn't a great article on the subject, it's biased, written by someone who is against "socialized" medicine.

I don't have to read any articles to know the state of our health system. I've lived it, and live it everyday.

scamper
06-19-2007, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Angel
A 10-28 week MRI wait would NOT be for anything life threatening... but if you had a fucked up knee or hip, yes... you would wait a long time for that MRI.

Thats fucked up. How can anyone say thats better health care. So if you're not dying it's going to take you 10-28 weeks to see a doctor . I'll stick with what I have.

scamper
06-19-2007, 08:47 AM
Everyone here complains how screwed up our government is, and I totally agree. That is why I don't want them telling me what doctor I'm going to see and when. Think about it. Get some insurance it's not the governments job to support us through life, get a job, make something out of yourself. The more taxes we pay the more socialist our country is, that's just a fact. Distribution of wealth, if that's your choice you're in the wrong country. I'm not saying move but if your not happy with the way the founding fathers set this place up, you might be in the wrong place.

Angel
06-19-2007, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by scamper
Thats fucked up. How can anyone say thats better health care. So if you're not dying it's going to take you 10-28 weeks to see a doctor . I'll stick with what I have.

We can see doctors when we need to, and WE choose which doctor we see. The government does not tell us who, or when. Yes, you have to have a referral to a specialist, and it can take a long time to get in to see one, because we have a doctor shortage.

MRI's have long waiting lists for the same reason, staff shortages. If your medical problem is one of a nature where the pain is affecting your quality of life, you get in for the MRI much quicker. Personally, I have never heard of someone waiting 28 weeks for an MRI, and I have known many people who received MRI's within days.

The reason why our infant mortality rate is better than yours is because all women can access pre-natal care. All our citizens receive quality health care, as opposed to only those who can afford it.

Our system is more like a giant HMO... we don't have free health care, we all pay our "insurance premiums".

Redballjets88
06-19-2007, 04:37 PM
days for an MRI? shit that sucks...i went to the ER for a slight concussion, i was in and out with a CT scan within 2 hours, in dallas. 2 days is pretty long to wait for an MRI

Redballjets88
06-19-2007, 04:43 PM

good reference, but the US has a lot more babies being born than te coutries ahead on this list, europe is all about smaller families these days, i forget which country but one in europe has a high death rate than birth rate.

Baby's On Fire
06-19-2007, 04:48 PM

Is this the same CIA that was wrong about IRAQ?

The CIA "Fact Book". Is that not a contradiction in terms, or are you just trying to be funny?

The CIA has been a joke since the end of the Cold War.

Baby's On Fire
06-19-2007, 04:52 PM

Go educate before you make a bigger fool of yourself. Canada has developed numeorus medical advances. McMaster University near where I live is World-renowned, particularly in cancer research.

Jesus Christ, another "America is Number Fucking 1 at everything" idiot. The American "health care system" is a fraud of epic proportions.

Dude, it is BLOWN AWAY by our Canadian Healthcare system and most of the EU.

No contest at all.

But I'm sorry, the "USA-of-fucking-A" is the greatest at everything, right? My apology.

Angel
06-19-2007, 05:51 PM
days for an MRI? shit that sucks...i went to the ER for a slight concussion, i was in and out with a CT scan within 2 hours, in dallas. 2 days is pretty long to wait for an MRI

In a case such as that, CT scan would be done right away. The wait lists aren't set according to who can afford it... they are set according to need.

Thankfully, I can never have a MRI as I have a pacemaker, but I do know that my ex had his the same day we went to emergency.

It's all based on need...

Angel
06-19-2007, 05:54 PM
Go educate before you make a bigger fool of yourself. Canada has developed numeorus medical advances. McMaster University near where I live is World-renowned, particularly in cancer research.

Jesus Christ, another "America is Number Fucking 1 at everything" idiot. The American "health care system" is a fraud of epic proportions.

Dude, it is BLOWN AWAY by our Canadian Healthcare system and most of the EU.

No contest at all.

But I'm sorry, the "USA-of-fucking-A" is the greatest at everything, right? My apology.

Baby, I love you!

Especially the sorry and apology at the end of this quote. Now THAT'S Canadian!!!!

Nickdfresh
06-19-2007, 07:05 PM

How the millions of Americans that NEVER get an MRI?

Seshmeister
06-19-2007, 07:53 PM
I'm not saying move but if your not happy with the way the founding fathers set this place up, you might be in the wrong place.

Time for the fundie religion people in government to leave and anyone who is against slavery?

Redballjets88
06-19-2007, 07:58 PM
im sure thats what he meant

DLRdelight!
06-19-2007, 08:06 PM
i am aware about whats going on, and i am saving money...for college....but at the same time im not worrying about what i will be doing at 65 or 80 bc when you're 19 you're supposed to have fun, not worry

good that you are going to college. go after what you want man and do what you have to do, but the big problem is that people start thinking life in the old age too late. yeah were 19 and we are supposed to have fun, but whats wrong with beginning to set stable grounds for the long run in the process

Baby's On Fire
06-19-2007, 08:14 PM
He'll learn after it's too late.

Let him be, the cancer will educate him.

DEMON CUNT
06-19-2007, 08:14 PM
Is this the same CIA that was wrong about IRAQ?

The CIA "Fact Book". Is that not a contradiction in terms, or are you just trying to be funny?

The CIA has been a joke since the end of the Cold War.

I don't believe that the CIA was "wrong" about WMD, but selective as the to evidence they provided.

If you would have actually clicked on the link you would have discovered what the CIA calls their "fact book". But since you wish to debate the CIA rather than the health issues we are discussing in this very thread, I am going to guess that you do not care about infant mortality or our health care system.

You base your "CIA is a joke" opinion on what?

Redballjets88
06-19-2007, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by DLRdelight!
good that you are going to college. go after what you want man and do what you have to do, but the big problem is that people start thinking life in the old age too late. yeah were 19 and we are supposed to have fun, but whats wrong with beginning to set stable grounds for the long run in the process

the job you get has a lot to do with all of that...i want to teach so therefore i dont get my social security, but i get teachers retirement....it doesnt matter that i wont get social security bc it will be gone by then and the dems wont let anyone reform the horribly flawed system

DEMON CUNT
06-19-2007, 08:23 PM
good reference, but the US has a lot more babies being born than te coutries ahead on this list, europe is all about smaller families these days, i forget which country but one in europe has a high death rate than birth rate.

The chart reflects the number of deaths per thousand births. Which means that for every one thousand babies born, x die, in any given country.

So for every 1000 babies born in America 6.37 on average die. Singapore, of all places, loses only 2.30 (less than half of our count) per 1000.

These figures should give everyone something to think about.

Don't like the source? Google is very easy to use. Look it up.

Redballjets88
06-19-2007, 08:25 PM
no i im fine with the source, i meant that america has a better chance to have a higher rate due to the population and the number of dr needed. but yeah bad times

DEMON CUNT
06-19-2007, 08:33 PM
In countries with socialized health care, all pregnant women have access to free prenatal care where a physician monitors the entire pregnancy period.

FORD
06-19-2007, 08:42 PM

Obviously there was more wrong than the concussion. They should have checked for permanent brain damage, because you show all the symptoms.

scamper
06-19-2007, 09:10 PM
because we have a doctor shortage.

Why is there a doctor shortage, not being an ass (this time), just curious.

matt19
06-20-2007, 03:25 AM
Obviously there was more wrong than the concussion. They should have checked for permanent brain damage, because you show all the symptoms.

LMMFAO!:D

Redballjets88
06-20-2007, 03:55 AM
Originally posted by matt19
LMMFAO!:D

or not

ODShowtime
06-20-2007, 09:16 PM
Edgar Kaiser is running his Permanente deal for profit. All the incentives are toward less medical care, because the less care they give them, the more money they make. and the incentives run the right way.

President Nixon: Not bad.

That's the crux of the whole problem right there.

ODShowtime
06-20-2007, 09:27 PM

Usually staffing shortages are a result of depressed wages, in this case caused by the socialized system.

Angel
06-21-2007, 07:46 AM

Labour shortage in all professions is a big problem up here. We DID lose a lot of our doctors when various governments cut back government funding.

However, a big part of the problem is the aging population and retirement. Also, we need to create more residency positions.

In the early '90's, some idiotic politician predicted that we would have a physician surplus, so they cut back on residency positions and reduced first-year medical school openings.

Angel
06-21-2007, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
Usually staffing shortages are a result of depressed wages, in this case caused by the socialized system.

WRONG. We have staffing shortages in many areas in this country - mainly due to the retiring aging population. So much so that we fly in Mexican workers for many labour positions.

#1, we need to open more residencies to foreign doctors. They pass their Canadian exams okay, but they have to complete a 2-year residency program. In most provinces, they have to compete with the University Grads for a residency position.

ODShowtime
06-21-2007, 08:08 AM
WRONG. We have staffing shortages in many areas in this country - mainly due to the retiring aging population. So much so that we fly in Mexican workers for many labour positions.

#1, we need to open more residencies to foreign doctors. They pass their Canadian exams okay, but they have to complete a 2-year residency program. In most provinces, they have to compete with the University Grads for a residency position.

No, I'm right actually, thanks.

If you guys paid more for wages, you'd have enough staff. Or maybe if you're weather wasn't so shitty. But you could pay people to over look that.

Angel
06-21-2007, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
No, I'm right actually, thanks.

If you guys paid more for wages, you'd have enough staff. Or maybe if you're weather wasn't so shitty. But you could pay people to over look that.

Another know-it-all, yet know fuck-all American. You can get a job at MacDonalds that pays 11.00/hour in some areas. Wages aren't the problem.... small population is.

As for the weather, what some consider shitty, others consider paradise. I LOVE our winters. Used to live on the west coast where there is no snow. Hated it!!! "one man's paradise is another man's hell."

WACF
06-22-2007, 02:40 AM
The labour shortage here is huge right now.

Funny thing is I was just in Nevada at a mine equipment supplier and they are having a hard time finding good mechanics that want to work.

They said the mines are having a hard time finding good people too down there...and they make damn fine cash!