PDA

View Full Version : Second Leg Of Heaven & Hell US Tour announced

jharp84
06-19-2007, 03:59 PM
Thanks Again for the good news! Your always on it!!!

MERRYKISSMASS2U
06-19-2007, 04:05 PM
16 Orlando, FL
Amway Arena

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes!

MERRYKISSMASS2U
06-19-2007, 04:07 PM
Holy crap! Megadeth's United Abominations tour, Queensryche, and Sabbath, all in the same MONTH?!?

Wow

DrMaddVibe
06-19-2007, 09:04 PM
Tampa...w00t!

Mt. Krakalak
06-20-2007, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
THE RETURN OF HEAVEN AND HELL

SEPTEMBER

5 Binghampton, NY
Broom County Arena

My hometown! I might go to this one just to see Queensryche again. I haven't been to a cool show at the Broome County Arena since I saw Rush on the Roll The Bones tour. It's way too rare anymore that big names come to this venue. Back in the day, all the big groups used to stop in Binghamton: Van Halen, Motley Crue, Rush, Bon Jovi, Dokken, Ratt, to name very few. Man, I keep being reminded how old I am.
On a completely different thought, I recall hearing Ronnie James Dio is from the Cortland, NY area. Anyone know for sure?

Shaun Ponsonby
06-20-2007, 07:18 AM
Holy fuck!!!

Alice and Sabbath??????????????

I wish I was in your neck of the woods.

Hardrock69
06-20-2007, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by Mt. Krakalak
My hometown! I might go to this one just to see Queensryche again. I haven't been to a cool show at the Broome County Arena since I saw Rush on the Roll The Bones tour. It's way too rare anymore that big names come to this venue. Back in the day, all the big groups used to stop in Binghamton: Van Halen, Motley Crue, Rush, Bon Jovi, Dokken, Ratt, to name very few. Man, I keep being reminded how old I am.
On a completely different thought, I recall hearing Ronnie James Dio is from the Cortland, NY area. Anyone know for sure?

Yeah I believs so. He lived in upstate NY back in the late 50s when he was in his first few bands, and was still in NY by the early 70s when he was playing with Elf.

Here...everything you wanted to know about his career from that period, including lots of downloads of Ronnie & The Redcaps, The Electric Elves, Elf, and more!:

http://www.dimwhit.com/dio/

bueno bob
06-20-2007, 03:46 PM
Well, October should bring them into my neck of the woods then...

Mr. Vengeance
06-20-2007, 09:52 PM
I'm surprised that Alice would be an opening act. Great bill though, despite Queensryche whom I can do without.

allanshort
06-20-2007, 10:07 PM
I thought Rob Zombie was on the bill, not Alice Cooper?? Thats how it has been announced here in Denver anyways..

Shaun Ponsonby
06-21-2007, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
I'm surprised that Alice would be an opening act. Great bill though, despite Queensryche whom I can do without.

Probably to boost ticket sales. Judging by some of the reviews posted about the 1st leg it was a little lower than expected.

David Lee Rocks
06-21-2007, 09:05 AM
Damn! I saw Heaven and Hell with Megadeth In Dallas last month, I hope they come back here with Alice, that would rock!!

DrMaddVibe
06-21-2007, 05:05 PM
I scored 21st main floor row this afternoon during pre-sales.

Keyword for Tampa...DIO

Mr. Vengeance
06-21-2007, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
Probably to boost ticket sales. Judging by some of the reviews posted about the 1st leg it was a little lower than expected.

Could be. The Ottawa show was kickass, but the crowd was only listed at around 4000 I believe.

Douglas T.
06-22-2007, 04:45 PM
Waaaaaahhh! read 'em and weep
Originally posted by MERRYKISSMASS2U
16 Orlando, FL
Amway Arena

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes!

Wwaaaaaahhh! read 'em and weep! You know where to find me! 2nd row center!<br>
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n137/DTSKYNYRD/ROCK%20STAR%20STUFF/h7h.jpg

MERRYKISSMASS2U
06-22-2007, 04:48 PM
@ Douglas: Where do you by those?

Douglas T.
06-22-2007, 04:56 PM
Arena sales booth at noon today! They kick ass don't they!?!

MERRYKISSMASS2U
06-22-2007, 05:05 PM
I'll probably go, hopefully Megadeth's cheaper.

Mr. Vengeance
06-22-2007, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Douglas T.
Waaaaaahhh! read 'em and weep

Wwaaaaaahhh! read 'em and weep! You know where to find me! 2nd row center!<br>
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n137/DTSKYNYRD/ROCK%20STAR%20STUFF/h7h.jpg

Douglas T, I'd be concerned about someone printing those out, and then using them at the show. The bar code is pretty clear. I imagine it would be pretty easy to make counterfeits.

Just sayin'...

MERRYKISSMASS2U
06-22-2007, 06:27 PM

Just sayin'...

Yeah, now I don't have to buy tickets anymore!

:D

MERRYKISSMASS2U
06-22-2007, 06:27 PM
Doug, just punch the guy who's in your spot at the show when you get there.

Mr. Vengeance
06-22-2007, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by MERRYKISSMASS2U
Doug, just punch the guy who's in your spot at the show when you get there.

Doesn't work that way....once that barcode is scanned, no one else can get in with that ticket. So if D.T. gets there after...he's not getting in.

Maybe I'm paranoid..

Oh wait...maybe I'm possessed by VOODOO....

MERRYKISSMASS2U
06-22-2007, 09:03 PM
Doesn't work that way....once that barcode is scanned, no one else can get in with that ticket. So if D.T. gets there after...he's not getting in.

Right, I know... it was just a joke :)

Yeah, DT, that was a really dumb move.

Hardrock69
06-23-2007, 03:31 PM
I am going to print my tickets right now.

Thanks Doug!
:D

Douglas T.
06-23-2007, 03:49 PM
Douglas T, I'd be concerned about someone printing those out, and then using them at the show. The bar code is pretty clear. I imagine it would be pretty easy to make counterfeits.

Just sayin'...

I took the liberty to rearrange the bar codes and the code numbers ... notice number above bar code ... rearranged! 711 repeats itself as does the bar code! See I pasted it over! If they catch someone with thses tickets they would get in free alright ... in the cop cruiser! If you do get in with them .... just don't try to use the seat because one of the giant dudes sitting next to is my friend who know who's seat it is and has been trained to destroy!

Mr. Vengeance
06-23-2007, 05:36 PM
I took the liberty to rearrange the bar codes and the code numbers ... notice number above bar code ... rearranged! 711 repeats itself as does the bar code! See I pasted it over! If they catch someone with thses tickets they would get in free alright ... in the cop cruiser! If you do get in with them .... just don't try to use the seat because one of the giant dudes sitting next to is my friend who know who's seat it is and has been trained to destroy!

Ahhhh you are wise Douglas T...I didn't even notice that!

Douglas T.
06-23-2007, 07:02 PM
My friend didn't believe me when I said Tony only has two fingers on his left hand! I said "We'll be close enough to tell come Sept!"

Shaun Ponsonby
06-24-2007, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Well, October should bring them into my neck of the woods then...

I thought they were in Europe in October.

Mr. Vengeance
06-24-2007, 12:04 PM
My friend didn't believe me when I said Tony only has two fingers on his left hand! I said "We'll be close enough to tell come Sept!"

He actually has all his fingers, but a couple of them had their ends cut off.

Douglas T.
06-24-2007, 02:20 PM
Still not good. I read he lost all but two fingers in a machining accident! Probably building a guitar?!

so i guess he uses prostetics?
http://www.black-sabbath.de/tony_new.jpg

http://www.galaxyguitar.com/images/IommiSabotage.jpg

binnie
06-24-2007, 04:27 PM
He actually has all his fingers, but a couple of them had their ends cut off.

Yes, the middle two on his right hand I think...

Douglas T.
06-24-2007, 11:38 PM
I read the left somewhere!? I see in the top picture above they appear shorter.

Hardrock69
06-25-2007, 09:42 AM
Here...this is from an interview he did a few years back:

Jeb: When you had your accident and cut off your fingertips, were you afraid that you were not going to get out?

Tony: When I had my accident, all my hopes had gone down the drain. I really wanted to play and I couldn’t. I got really depressed for a period. Finally, somebody brought me a record of Django Reinhart. That really inspired me to start playing again.

Jeb: I have heard that you actually invented fake fingertips.

Tony: I went to several hospitals and they told me that they couldn’t do anything. They told me that I should basically give up. I just couldn’t accept that. I thought there has to be a way. I went home and I made myself a set of thimbles. I made them out of a Fairy Liquid bottle. I melted it down into a ball and then I sat there with a hot solvent on and made a hole in it so it would fit over my finger. I filed it down so it looked like the shape of the finger. I needed something to grip the strings, so I came up with leather to stick on there. It was very crude but it enabled me to be able to play. You couldn’t trill the strings or anything but it was a start. I still use the same type of thing now.

http://www.classicrockrevisited.com/Interviews04/tonyiommi.htm