PDA

View Full Version : Is Youtube and Torrenting killing off eMpTVy?

Unchainme
06-20-2007, 10:04 PM
Seriously...With MTV and Top 40 Radio consistantly pushing shit down our mouthes with Rap, Lame Nu Metal, and pop...It's nice that we can find underground things through these means..

DrMaddVibe
06-20-2007, 10:24 PM
I'm waiting for someone to come along and "reinvent" a music video station with proper content.

If its MUSIC tv...show music! Not reality shows, not rap or any other kind of bullshit except music.

The one element that I felt that Mtv ruled was when they would bring in an artist and talk to them about their current project, tour or book then they'd let that particular artist guest host and introduce videos that they wante to play. It was a nice slice into what they liked as well as an intimate interview.

Then again if they made it zany and entertaining as USA Networks "Night Flight"...I could get into that too.

mako_kimura
06-21-2007, 08:34 AM
Actually, I've noticed that the number of rap videos MTV plays have gone down significantly, probably due to the recent downfall of rap and hip-hop. However, every one rap vid seems to get replaced with 4 indie or emo bands. But MTV is flat out rediculous, and I thank Youtube for creating a site that gives music lovers what they want. But I do notice that Fuse seems to be good about delivering at least a decent amount of metal, since Headbanger's Ball has become a joke.

Shaun Ponsonby
06-21-2007, 08:41 AM
Wish there would be a channel that had varied music on it. Left nothing out. Didn't show the same video/performance every day. That'd be kewl..

FORD
06-21-2007, 12:36 PM
eMpTyV killed itself. What good is a "music" channel that only plays music at fucking 3 AM??

MTV, VH1, and CMT are all owned by Viacom/CBS. (Not sure about BET) That company owns enough TV channels to have outlets for their programming , but instead, they dump it on alleged music channels. I couldn't even tell you what's on MTV anymore. It's been literally years since I've watched the channel. Probably about the time they took Beavis & Butthead off the air, since that was the last thing they had worth watching (the reruns still air on MTV2 - remember MTV2 - the channel they SWORE would stay all music???)

It's just pathetic when you turn on VH1 looking for some classic rock videos and instead find some pathetic loser like Dustin "Screech" Diamond making life a living Hell for other washed up former celebrities.

As for YouTube, it had a great selection of music..... then the RIAA Nazis moved in. It's starting to build up again, but the fascists will be back.

And don't even try to upload anything to YouTube including the words "Saturday" "Night" or "Live". It will be gone before you can embed it on this site.

ALinChainz
06-21-2007, 12:49 PM
VH1 Classic makes an attempt, with shows like Metal Mania and Rock Fest.

Problem is they reshow the same shit over and over.

You can catch one of the Oakland videos on occasion there.

Its the closest to what we're talking about here IMO.

Hardrock69
06-21-2007, 12:53 PM
If YouTube and Toreenting kill off eMpTVy it will be a good thing.

Empty-Television ceased to be relevant at least 15 years ago.

I have not watched it in that long, as there is never anything on it worth watching.

Coyote
06-21-2007, 02:38 PM
Personally, I don't care whether MTV goes down or not.

It's never been a barometer of "good music" for me.

katie
06-21-2007, 06:39 PM
The great thing about the internet/Youtube is the fact that YOU are in control of what YOU want to watch.

I love the way that you can just type in what you want to see rather than wiait & wait on the off chance that a rock show *may* play a vid that you like.

At the moment i'm on a Budgie trip, but I don't remember Budgie ever being played on any rock show on TV......

Youtube ROCKS!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/54H3EUAzpVg"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/54H3EUAzpVg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

DeadOrAlive
06-23-2007, 05:31 AM
VH1 Classic used to be really good about showing music videos, but now it's just reality TV and shit. "Classic Albums" and all that crap. FUCK IT, I just want to watch music videos at any time of the day.