PDA

View Full Version : Slash Interview

Vanessa
06-21-2007, 04:46 PM
from new classic rock

Slash, you've recently been to rehab and cleaned up your act, right?

Yeah, I've actually been clean for about 10 months now, so we'll see how long that lasts (laughs). I don't really get into talking about it that much. One of the catalysts was I was having problems at home, problems with my wife because she had a problem. And we came from 2 different problems. And there was all this bullshit with the band. Toward the end of the tour I was drinkin bottle of wine after bottle of wine, cos I know how to do that (laughs). So at one point my wife came to the conclusion that she needed to go to rehab. So when she went I knew when she came out I was going to have to go because that was the only way we could sort things out. So when she was gone I went on a fuckin' smack binge. Well, it was Oxycontin - it's easy stuff, you get it free from your doctor so you don't have to deal with dealers and all that shit. That went on for a couple of months then I went into rehab and got some clarity. Being completely loaded worked for me in the early days but nowadays I cannot be effective or convincing to anyone stoned. I guess it just doesn't fly anymore (laughs). Sometimes the idea fo having a drink is nice but I know it won't stop at that. And the whole smack thing - I knew when I was doing it it was wrong. No matter what anyone tries to tell you - trying to do a world tour with a heroin habit has got to be one of the most excruciating things ever.....

Have you heard any of Chinese Democracy?

No... I'm sure it's got some amazing shit on it cos I know Axl and what he's capable of. So I'm interested to hear it but patient enough to wait until he figures it out. Because I don't have anything to do with it, it's easy for me to say that! (laughs)

ELVIS
06-21-2007, 04:56 PM
Interesting...

:elvis:

FORD
06-21-2007, 09:07 PM
He was CLEAN at the Hall of Lame performance???

Someone get his ass some damn drugs!!

binnie
06-22-2007, 03:24 AM
Originally posted by FORD

Ha Ha!!

I'm never to sure that people like that are ever "clean". How many times have we heard Ozzy say "I've stopped drinking..."?

DeadOrAlive
06-23-2007, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by FORD

HAHAHAHA

Ok ok ok best FORD quote ever. Totally made my night dude.

Padre Atilio
06-23-2007, 01:28 PM
I'm sure he always has a load of whatever in his damnn cylinder :D.