PDA

View Full Version : GOP Run By Coke Heads?, Does Rudy Know?

LoungeMachine
06-21-2007, 09:21 PM
|

GOP Treasurer indicated on cocaine charges
June 20. 2007 8:00AM

South Carolina Treasurer Thomas Ravenel, a former real estate developer who became a rising political star after his election last year, was indicted yesterday on federal cocaine charges.

Ravenel and another man were accused of distributing less than 500 grams of the drug starting in late 2005.

Ravenel started his political career in 2004, funding his own campaign for a U.S. Senate seat. He finished a close third in the Republican primary.

Ravenel is also the state chairman for former New York mayor Rudy Giuliani's presidential campaign.

FORD
06-21-2007, 09:22 PM
Must be on the BCE team.

Nickdfresh
06-23-2007, 10:57 AM
Too bad, I heard Rudy was about to recommend him to be the drug Czar. I mean, the dude has experience!

LoungeMachine
09-06-2007, 08:46 PM
Former S.C. Treasurer Enters Guilty Plea To Federal Cocaine Charges
September 6, 2007 2:12 p.m. EST

Linda Young - AHN News Writer
Columbia, SC (AHN) - Former South Carolina Treasurer Thomas Ravenel, pleaded guilty on Thursday to a federal drug charge of possession of cocaine with intent to distribute it.

When Ravenel was indicted on drug charges, in June, the governor had immediately suspended him and a month later, he had resigned as the state's treasurer. At about that same time he resigned as the South Carolina chairman for the presidential campaign of Republican former New York Mayor Rudy Guiliani.

During Thursday's hearing Ravenel, 45, admitted that he used cocaine as often as weekly and said that he bought the drug from several different dealers.

He entered a plea deal agreement to help prosecutors, which is expected to reduce his potential sentence of up to 20 years in prison and $1 million in fines.

Ravenel has spent two months in rehabilitation facilities in Arizona and New Mexico, but not for drug use.

Those rehabilitation stints "had more to deal with why I was acting so recklessly," Ravenel was quoted by the Associated Press as saying.

Ravenel is a multimillionaire developer and the son of a congressman.

He had been viewed as a rising political star in South Carolina. Shortly before he was indicted, Republican supporters had been urging Ravenel to run against Sen. Lindsey Graham next year in the state's Republican primary.

Baby's On Fire
09-06-2007, 09:33 PM
Hipocrasy should be written into the Constitution of the United Fucking States.

I LOVE IT.

Gimme more.

(But Clinton got is cock sucked by an actual woman. That deviant)

ODShowtime
09-07-2007, 12:39 AM
ever since jeb left the coke down here sucks ass