PDA

View Full Version : Advice for those on the Atkins Diet

BigBadBrian
05-04-2004, 05:14 PM
Advice for those on the Atkins Diet (http://www.illwillpress.com/fatkins.html)

Panamark
05-15-2004, 06:26 AM
I was just watching a program on discovery channel
about this diet. They had team of scientists trying to
prove that it doesnt work. Yet they cant ! Interesting.
Im not on a diet, Im reasonably skinny at the moment,
but if I wanted to lose a lot of weight I would be checkin
this shit out. Seems like that Atkins dude was right after
all these years of the scientific community laughing
at him...

Funny cartoon BTW...

SoCalChelle
05-15-2004, 12:28 PM
Love the cartoon! LOL :) Didn't the Atkins guy die of obesity and a bad heart?

Panamark
05-15-2004, 06:56 PM
Dunno, that would be ironic, huh. They did mention on this show that he was a cardiologist who had been seeking out diets for years. Perhaps he found the right one a bit too late :)

Sounds suspect to me, eat all the fatty shit you like and still lose weight... But they now have proof that it sends your body into some mode that literally eats up that extra fat.. Dunno why Im interested ?
Im not even slightly overweight :D

SoCalChelle
05-15-2004, 10:10 PM
"You can have 3 burgers and a pound of bacon, but you can't have an apple...because the apple has carbs!" :D

Panamark
05-17-2004, 03:22 AM
Yeah it just doesnt sound right does it...

Thats why the scientists are freaking out that it works ?!?!

David Van Via
05-17-2004, 05:21 AM
The atkins diet the diet that makes no sense. Give me a 8 burgers but I cant have the rolls.

SoCalChelle
05-23-2004, 01:19 PM
I went to lunch with a bunch of co-workers a while back and there were several of them on the Atkins diet. They were ordering the most bizarre stuff...one of them got this enormous hamburger, but with no mayo...It was like a 1/2 pound of meat, but it was ok cuz there was no mayo on it. WTF?

Jesus Christ
05-23-2004, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by SoCalChelle
Didn't the Atkins guy die of obesity and a bad heart?

No, he slipped and fell on a patch of ice, and sufferred massive head injuries as a result. He was in a coma for a while before eventually coming to see Me in Heaven.

He's been trying to convince Me that My bread & fish diet needs to be modified ever since, but as I told him, I think I looketh pretty good for a Guy who's over 2000 years old. :)

SoCalChelle
05-23-2004, 03:51 PM
LOL, thanks for clearing that up. :)

Mezro
05-24-2004, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Advice for those on the Atkins Diet[/URL]

Here's some advice: they should get their fat asses on the treadmill and drop the fucking fad diets.

Mezro...fat people + fatty food = more fat people crammed into clothes from KMart

DlocRoth
05-27-2004, 10:35 AM
Dude, it works. Have a dozen breakfast sausages and call me in the mornin! LOL

VanJay011379
05-27-2004, 10:44 AM
I agree with that cartoon in several respects.

People are always looking for a miracle solution. Just watch what you eat. Its not rocket science, if you eat less, you can lose weight.

Also, they don't tell you that these meals you have to eat are more expensive. I'd love to eat grilled chicken all day but its expensive as opposed to a slice of pizza.

Finally, go to a gym and get a small workout started. You don't have to walk out of there looking like Charles Atlas. Not only will you lose weight, but you walk out of the gym feeling great and it boosts self confidence.

WACF
05-27-2004, 12:31 PM
Some decent cardio 3-4 times a week and you can get away with alot of good food!!

Excersise is the key to any kind of weight lose plan.

Mr Grimsdale
05-27-2004, 12:47 PM
Eat less and exercise and the weight drops off.

Sarge
05-28-2004, 01:27 AM
how about just a high stress lifestyle?

Mr Grimsdale
05-28-2004, 02:45 AM
sarge hit the nail on the head, then you have an excuse to smoke a lot and get a heroin habit

you'll be shedding those pounds in no time :D

Dan
05-28-2004, 04:09 AM
Alot of the ladies back home are on a Grapefruit diet,Nothing wrong with a bit of fat on a woman.