PDA

View Full Version : How would you like the next VH album to be like?

delta5150
06-28-2007, 05:04 PM
Nothing is official! But I'm pretty sure there's something cooking in 5150 studio, Dave's been way to quiet and I'm sure he's writing material. I would like to ask everyone, what kind of album you would like them to put out? Any ideas for an album title?

Bye!

ThrillsNSpills
06-28-2007, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by delta5150
Any ideas for an album title?

Bye!

Independent's Day
(or if Van Partridge reunites, Independent's Dey)

Reactor

Time Time Time
(isn't on my side)

Greatest Hits Volume 4
(the We're Not a Nostalgia Band Remix)

Oakland '81 ;)

I'll Wait (for the album to come....for 30 years)

Where Have all the Blue Balled Fans Gone?

Tour gone Bad

:lol:

Mr. Vengeance
06-28-2007, 06:55 PM
Nothing is official! But I'm pretty sure there's something cooking in 5150 studio, Dave's been way to quiet and I'm sure he's writing material. I would like to ask everyone, what kind of album you would like them to put out? Any ideas for an album title?

Bye!

I'd like it to actually BE.

jharp84
06-28-2007, 07:16 PM
Title does not MATTER! Give us a disc with 12-16 tunes written by EVH/DLR drums played by AVH Don't give a FUCK who plays BASS anymore!! And I think after 22 years! I WOULD BE HAPPY!!!!

Coyote
06-28-2007, 07:35 PM
How would you like the next VH album to be like?

Loud and ballsy.

delta5150
06-29-2007, 05:48 AM
It would be cool if they tried something different, let's say adding a bit of chemical brothers jeje! to the mix, I remember Michael Anthony stating in "Burn" magazine that back in 2000, when they were on the verge of completing an album, Dave was really into the Chemical Brothers and wanted Ed to come up with some ideas, if only we had photo of Ed's reaction.

A good album title would be for example,

"Eat Spammy n' smile"

Dan
06-29-2007, 06:08 AM
Dave's been way to quiet and I'm sure he's writing material.

Still no word form Dave,What The Fuck is happening?

binnie
06-29-2007, 06:38 AM
I'd like it to sound like CVH, but without them slipping into self-parody...

delta5150
06-29-2007, 07:25 AM
Dan! We're gonna have to wait until the 3rd of July and read Ed's interview in Guitar World for some clues

tajmahal
06-29-2007, 07:45 AM
Diamond in the Ruff

Original Sin

About Time

Dan
06-29-2007, 06:19 PM
Dan! We're gonna have to wait until the 3rd of July and read Ed's interview in Guitar World for some clues

Someone get Dave on The Phone.:)

PHOENIX
06-30-2007, 11:11 AM
OK i'm moving this its in the wrong forum.

chi-town324
06-30-2007, 07:48 PM
how would i like the next album to be like?...just like the first !!!

MAPRamone
07-01-2007, 02:36 AM
great

Loons The Great
07-03-2007, 01:46 PM
I'm lookin' for a return to that ol' lowdown brownsoun' sound...ol' school...one foot in the past, of the moment, and one foot in the future...some blues, some rock, some acoustic...some DLR on harp...strong magic in Van Halen music...Me Wise Magic...

MERRYKISSMASS2U
07-03-2007, 05:00 PM
Heavily death-metal influenced.

TAKIN WHISKEY
07-15-2007, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Coyote
Loud and ballsy.

Couldn't ask for more than that.

tajmahal
07-15-2007, 04:33 PM
I think they should forget about keyboards unless it is for an extra track on the European release.

Please no damn covertunes!

I know it is VH, but it would be interesting to see if they have 1 or 2 songs that may have a political or serious tone.

chi-town324
07-15-2007, 07:00 PM
If Ed really has 10-12 albums of material, and Dave is involved it will be brilliant!

Howlin' Wolf
11-29-2007, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by tajmahal
I think they should forget about keyboards unless it is for an extra track on the European release.

I know it is VH, but it would be interesting to see if they have 1 or 2 songs that may have a political or serious tone.

Van Halen and politics...yeah, there's a good mix...forget about all that...and what's wrong with covertunes? Don't you like interpretations??

fryingdutchman
11-29-2007, 06:00 AM
I would like it to be more well-constructed than the title of this thread...

Anonymous
11-30-2007, 08:09 PM

FUCK YOU!

One cover tune.

David Lee Roth: "A lot of bands mature, which means they get square; they start delivering messages. Hey, you got a message, use Western Union."

Cheers! :bottle:

vh rides again
12-06-2007, 07:45 AM
thats a hard question

1984 was my least favorite vh album and i thought the 2 songs they did on the best of were the worst song they ever recorded together.

i hope they go back and look at songs that got bumbed from earlier in their careers, im not into anything with keyboards in it.

im sure there will be a cover or two.

fuck its hard to say what i want or expect, i never thought they would put out 6 good albums in a row, i was always suprised as hell when a new one came out,it was like i was waiting for the shitty album and it never came.
who knows.
hopefully they planned for this in some way, and have some good songs.
if they could do a diver down again i would be happy as hell, i dont wanna hear any woops out of dave, ill tell ya that.

Loons The Great
12-08-2007, 09:49 PM
What would Van Halen have to do...if they recorded an album with Diamond Dave...that would make you think,"Damn, Van Halen took some chances on this album, lived dangerously, didn't mind risking on this disc??"

Terry
12-31-2007, 01:53 PM
No keyboards, an outside producer and having it recorded somewhere OTHER than Ed's home studio would be a good start...

Loud and ballsy, agreed.

VAiN
01-09-2008, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Terry
No keyboards, an outside producer and having it recorded somewhere OTHER than Ed's home studio would be a good start...

Loud and ballsy, agreed.

Perfect!

Daive
02-02-2008, 04:32 PM
Diamond in the Ruff

Original Sin

About Time

I sure hope they dont call it "About Time" seeing as how that was one of the new Van Hagar songs on the "Best of Both Worlds" best of CD.

Rossiter
05-09-2009, 04:33 AM
Bring the fun back! Honest about their age in the lyrics but celebrating life.

ThrillsNSpills
05-09-2009, 09:38 AM
Still no word form Dave,What The Fuck is happening?

Dave isn't one to sit and waste time. He's a get after it kind of person. I thought I remember Ed saying Dave's in New York. While the Halens are doing whatever they're doing, he probably hooked back up with Falkowski and is recording.

The track he posted last year proved Dave can still turn in a great vocal, so who knows.

houseofpain
05-10-2009, 12:47 AM
I'd like for it to be called 1985...or VII

WARF
05-10-2009, 02:57 AM
Suck it!!!!!!!!!!!

Big Troubles
05-10-2009, 11:26 AM
Title does not MATTER! Give us a disc with 12-16 tunes written by EVH/DLR drums played by AVH Don't give a FUCK who plays BASS anymore!! And I think after 22 years! I WOULD BE HAPPY!!!!

The album will only contain 9 tracks due to the....? What was THAT reason again Dave?

I would imagine the tunes are written, the lyrics are done. Its sampling and laying them down...That's it.

thome
05-12-2009, 12:38 PM
be like..finished at thier liesure, and spinning on my player.

if6was9
05-13-2009, 02:36 PM
More fun
More funk
Catchy riffs
Jazzy scales

VH Drummer
06-13-2009, 10:27 PM
In addition to 11-12 new tunes, I'd like to hear a cover or two: perhaps "Crossroads," "Mississippi Queen," "Spoonful," "Gloria," or maybe "Magic Bus."

GAR
06-14-2009, 03:08 AM
I would like the next Van Halen album to be just like Chickenfoot's in the way that Best Buy is spending alot of money to advertise it on cable TV.

We just seen an ad last nite. My chick goes "ech, how awful" and I tried to tell her about it, she didn't want to hear anything about it.

Panamark
06-18-2009, 09:28 AM
Probably will never happen, but I would like the new album to launch
with the outro of "House of Pain" just to symbolize this is
the real Van Halen continuing on where they left off....

Coyote
06-18-2009, 10:07 AM
"How would you like the next VH album to be like?"

Again, loud and ballsy... With Mike handling bass-duties.

letsrock
06-18-2009, 01:00 PM
Something like "fair Warning" would be kick ass.

I dont want any keyboards.
No Sinatra songs.
In fact nothing with a brass section.

vaijuju
06-18-2009, 04:07 PM
Last night I dreamed about VH, I was with a friend and the new CD.The first song was sang by Ed.I said to my friend , put a song with DLR, and it was ..... I can't remember

damngoodtimes
06-18-2009, 11:29 PM
Probably will never happen, but I would like the new album to launch
with the outro of "House of Pain" just to symbolize this is
the real Van Halen continuing on where they left off....

that's a fuckin' great idea. and it's a timeless fuckin' riff to build another song from.

1985 wouldn't be the worst title ever, but I don't know, I think we've had enough clever from the VH brothers (OU812, FUCK, VH3, "It's About Time") - all that shit stinks of Dave-less cheese. I don't want to see VH4 - that would suck. I could go for VH7, if you want to pick a number...

or just call it MMX

a cover tune would be fine with me, as long as its something from Cream or along those lines. or Beer Drinkers and Hell-Raisers

shit, I don't really care. Just kick ass and call it "here's the new fuckin' Van Halen record - buy it, jackass"

Cato
06-20-2009, 05:51 AM
I think their next album should be different from any ones that they made in the past. whatever it is like...

I don't hope they repeat the same thing. VAN HALEN is not AC/DC.

katie
06-20-2009, 01:06 PM
I think their next album should be different from any ones that they made in the past. whatever it is like...

I don't hope they repeat the same thing. VAN HALEN is not AC/DC.

I agree, Bluegrass all the way!

kwame k
06-20-2009, 02:31 PM
How would you like the next VH album to be like?

RELEASED SOON!!!!!!!!!!

halenrox1
06-20-2009, 07:22 PM
Dude they need it to sound like the good old cvh!!! They really need to make sure that they do not sound to comercial that will piss alot of us off, they should get the old shit out study it, and then crack open a good ol' bottle of Jack Daniel's.

OULUVROTH2
06-21-2009, 03:56 AM
David Lee Roth: "A lot of bands mature, which means they get square; they start delivering messages. Hey, you got a message, use Western Union."

"

Ummm...Bono can save the world! Dave needs to save ROCK AND ROLL!

Efen Kids these days!

Panamark
06-21-2009, 10:11 AM
Well its no secret that Zappa Jnr and Luthaker have heard
whats been going on the last few years...
Im not going to get excited based on their opinion, but we know
its brewing. Could be just the final touches now..
Thank the Lord, Mary and Jesus, there will ne no lyrics
written ever again by Hagar... Looking forward to the
meaning and poetry that is Dave again.....

Jesus Christ
06-21-2009, 03:00 PM
written ever again by Hagar...

Thou art welcome, My son. :jesuslol:

davehagarfan
06-29-2009, 02:14 PM
Original, like the first 6 but that won't happen cause they're missing one guy.

katie
06-29-2009, 06:48 PM
I wonder which producer they will use?

katie
06-30-2009, 07:02 PM
written ever again by Hagar... Looking forward to the
meaning and poetry that is Dave again.....

But if the boss (ED) hands Dave a BALLAD (Ed likes Ballads) that is in the vein of 'When it's Love' what the fuck is Dave to do?

No matter how good a lyricist Dave is, you just can't polish a turd.

Panamark
07-01-2009, 11:05 AM
But if the boss (ED) hands Dave a BALLAD (Ed likes Ballads) that is in the vein of 'When it's Love' what the fuck is Dave to do?

I would be a happy man to hear another song as good as "Secrets"
(If we are gonna worry about Ballads)

The melody and lyrics are the song. Strip away Hagar's melody,
words and voice from any Van Hagar songs, and I'm positive
some turd polishing could be achieved... Do you believe ??
Dont you trust me ?? Would much rather Dave be involved with
material that was written with him in mind, or him in control though...
If they give him the chance now, Dave will deliver. I have no doubts.
Can Eddie deliver another Panama riff for Dave almost 30 years
later... I guess thats the million dollar question..

binnie
07-01-2009, 11:20 AM
I'd like it to be loud, rude, dirty and mean.

I think it will be middle-aged, bloated, slow, but sprinkled with high points.

Mr Walker
07-01-2009, 11:22 AM
Ed needs to scrap the 10-12 albums worth of material.
The four of them need to get together for 2 weeks and hash out about 8-10 new songs... and then take another 2-4 weeks to record them.
It's been 25 years... the water is cold... there's no sense in dipping your toe in it... they all need to say fuck it and jump in.
There is no way they can match the expectations that have been building for 25 years, so don't even try. Even the biggest, most loyal VH fan is gonna find fault with a new disc (if they ever do one)... just get back in the water and once it warms up and you feel good in it, then you can try to top the legacy of the six-pack.

GAR
07-02-2009, 05:03 AM

Sammy Hagar's made a career of the very fact you CAN for many years now.

Mr Walker
07-02-2009, 08:27 AM
And I think they tinkered around with some of it during the last tour, but they really should do a cover of "I Don't Need No Doctor".

katie
07-02-2009, 05:24 PM
And I think they tinkered around with some of it during the last tour, but they really should do a cover of "I Don't Need No Doctor".

Now that I would like to hear!

floorchain
07-05-2009, 02:51 PM
My 2 cents -

Have the first LP fuck Fair Warning and inject the offspring with megasteroids - nix any keyboards as previously suggested - and make sure DLR suppresses any of his Louie Prima tendencies...

firestarter
08-28-2009, 08:02 AM
totally kick ass hard rock meets metal, the hell with airplay. the new album should be across between the first album and fair warning.

dazzlindino
08-28-2009, 09:21 PM
Album Title: Diamond Dave and the three stooges

SNIPER
08-28-2009, 09:31 PM
I would like to see it be a cross between FW and VHII. But I am thinking they are gonna go more with the Dance The Night Away and Jamie's crying type of style on the new tunes. But with a few of the Somebody Get Me A Doctor type songs also. Simple raw VH!!! I think the CD should be called "Could This Be Magic" I have been dreaming about this since 1985 I can't wait!!!

ThatArtGuy
09-05-2009, 12:43 AM
Album title: 2010

'Nuff Said(tm)

DlocRoth
09-09-2009, 02:59 PM
I'd be happy if it simply approached fusion.

Loons The Great
07-31-2011, 11:56 AM
Who here is gwine-a hit da groun' runnin' that fine morn when we know we'll hear new Van Halen music with Diamond David Lee Roth??!!:cool8:

I hope there is harmonica and acoustical guitar present on the album.

I'm always amped up to hear a new Van Rothin' cover...but I doubt King Edward would acquiesce to any such request in 2011.

I can't wait to hear that first D-Ro blues shout howl or that first brain-splattering, ear-shattering, thunder-clappin, foot-stompin and tappin King Edward solo!!

I'm ready fo' some zen lyricism from David Lee Roth. NOT the kind of lyrics that make you think, "Boy, I would have thought that would have gone under a lot better than that!"

An' I'm ready, ready as anybody can be to hear one beat from Alex and know who's sendin' up some thundah instantaneously!!

I have no fear or doubt that Wolf will bring it.

"Amazing feats of daring-do and acrobatics with only four, count 'em four strings, Ladies and Gentlemen voted most valuable player of the Van Halen Family Band And Travelling Orchestra give it away give it away give it away, motherfucker for Wolfgang Van Halen!!... well if that doesn't send you off to one helluva summer vacation, I just don't know what the fuck else I can do for you...in all seriousness, you had a helluva a job to do this tour and you did the shit out of it! Congratulations, kid! And out of nothin' but love and respect, I wanna to quote one of my favorite ancient philosphers..."--David Lee Roth intro to So This Is Love 6.2.2008

Heater
11-15-2011, 10:54 PM
Seems the Fair Warning comparisons will be starting soon enough. Can't say anymore right now.

FORD
11-15-2011, 11:02 PM
Bleater, a bit of advice.....

You're pretty much hated around here already, because of your general sheepishness and stupid "gay" jokes.

The one thing we hate around here worse than that, is fake insider trolls. So don't even go there.

On the .000000001% chance that you really know anything about the album, either put up or shut up. Because we've heard this shit since 1999, and nobody's buying.

Heater
11-15-2011, 11:11 PM
Despite your kind words, I wanted to share something I heard today from someone I trust. And he said the the new album is similar to FW, I think that is a pretty cool comparison and I decided to put it out there. it's all I know so far, if I hear something else from this guy I will pass it along.

DLR Bridge
11-15-2011, 11:20 PM
Hard to believe this thread count is only in the 60s and it started in June...2007!!! In any case, I'm hoping for some sweet spots that resemble "Stay While The Night Is Young" along with some rippin' renditions of "Here's just What You (She?) Wanted". I also think Ed should record, note for note, the solo he did in '84 with the guitar flipped up. Just watched the Montreal '84 show for the first time in a while and that piece is gorgeous. A drop of it showed up on the bland surf rocker, Judgement day, but that piece should stand alone. To hear something new with the fury and attitude of "Hear About It Later" or the swagger and sway of "Drop Dead Legs" would surely blow my pants off.

hambon4lif
11-15-2011, 11:22 PM
I wanted to share something I heard today from someone I trust, my father. And he said "Don't tell mommy where I touch you"Wow! That really does explain alot......

FORD
11-15-2011, 11:25 PM
Wait, so Bleater is Jerry Sandusky's kid? :headlights:

Seshmeister
11-15-2011, 11:28 PM
Hard to believe this thread count is only in the 60s and it started in June...2007!!!

Less so when you see that the original question isn't in English... :)

Heater
11-15-2011, 11:36 PM
Wow! And I thought me fingering my dog was weird. feel better about myself. If I told my mom anything bad about my dad or the "uncles" who visit when dad is away on business to keep her company, even though I dont remember having any black cousins, she would put me right back on the bottle. Im NEVER giving up mommys big fat titties amd playing "heres where you were born head first......

Despair not, the posters will keep you company.

Heater
11-16-2011, 12:10 AM
Wait, so Bleater is Jerry Seinfeld's kid? He is pretty funny.
:headlights:

appreciate that. our styles of humor are quite different, nice guy though. you, FORDY, if I may call you that, are more a child of Dice Clay with your overused, unfunny profanities which have underlying self loathing manifested projecting unresolved feelings you have of yourself. We loathe in others that which we despise in ourselves.

Heater
11-16-2011, 12:14 AM
Less so when you see that the original question isn't in English... :)

Hopefully sharing what I have found out today about FW and the new album will stirs things up. I will see what else I can find out. IT's all this waiting, some funny guys in VH but I think I see what lies ahead.

FORD
11-16-2011, 12:16 AM
Dice Clay?? Never could stand that fucker.

He's the Sammy Hagar of comedy. :puke:

Heater
11-16-2011, 12:28 AM
Never could stand Dice either, one note, one gimmick, little more than a bully.

Rikk
11-16-2011, 03:50 AM
Never could stand Dice either, one note, one gimmick, little more than a bully.

Yeah, what a mean bully he is. The cad.

Anyway, back to talking about the new album.

I have some inside info from "an inside source" in the "biz" of the "industry". He gave me some "buzz" on the latest "scoop"...and I have to bring to you guys here so you'll be impressed.

Apparently, the new album will have guitar on it. It'll not only be rhythm guitar but also lead-playing. THIS IS STRAIGHT FROM MY SOURCE!!

Also, it will have similar sounds to Van Halen's first six albums (meaning, songs with guitar and some singing)...plus THERE WILL BE DRUMS!!!!!

Also, I got the latest scoop from an "inside source" that he will not be singing on the album. I can't tell you who gave me this information, but he smells like cheese and used to make his own tequila...but I can't go further than that. Let's just say this is straight from him.

...I'll let you know when I get more info. In the meantime, Bleater has another scoop or two to share with us, his friends.

Heater
11-16-2011, 08:29 AM
....and someone said Fair Warning.......

VAiN
11-16-2011, 09:22 AM
Just watched the Montreal '84 show for the first time in a while and that piece is gorgeous. A drop of it showed up on the bland surf rocker, Judgement day, but that piece should stand alone. To hear something new with the fury and attitude of "Hear About It Later" or the swagger and sway of "Drop Dead Legs" would surely blow my pants off.

Funny, I just rewatched it this past weekend as well for the first time in a while and was re-blown away with that solo piece... I can't believe it never made it to record in full... Sure would make for a nice little solo track on the new album...

chefcraig
11-16-2011, 09:53 AM
I have some inside info from "an inside source" in the "biz" of the "industry". He gave me some "buzz" on the latest "scoop"...and I have to bring to you guys here so you'll be impressed.

Apparently, the new album will have guitar on it. It'll not only be rhythm guitar but also lead-playing. THIS IS STRAIGHT FROM MY SOURCE!!
Also, it will have similar sounds to Van Halen's first six albums (meaning, songs with guitar and some singing)...plus THERE WILL BE DRUMS!!!!!

Oh, fucking swell, with no "spoiler-alert". Way to ruin the surprise there, Rikk. http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-mad-smileys-264.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/skype-emoticons.html)

Rikk
11-17-2011, 12:30 AM
Oh, fucking swell, with no "spoiler-alert". Way to ruin the surprise there, Rikk. http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-mad-smileys-264.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/skype-emoticons.html)

Thank my [b]source[\b] for taking away the surprise! Between me and Bleater, we can tell you everything you want to know!

(...Eddie plays ALL the guitar solos on the new album...shit, am I saying too much again!!??)

Hardrock69
11-17-2011, 03:23 AM
Wow. Maybe they might even put some bass on it. But Rikk, don't tell me. I want it to be a surprise.

conmee
11-26-2011, 10:54 PM
Brethren and Sistren,

I hope to god they used Pro Tools and Garage Band to loop in Mikey's background vocals (one of my favorite X-Files episodes included splicing a persons voice together from various pre-recorded bits), copious use of Auto-Tune™ to give DLR more "range," and at least 4 keyboard solos and a bass solo for Wolfie. The other 3-4 songs on the album should be a mix of The Kinks and something a bit more contemporary, maybe a VH-remake of Gaga's Poker Face as an example... That about covers all bases.

That is all.

Icon™ой

Little Texan
11-27-2011, 12:00 AM
Brethren and Sistren,

I hope to god they used Pro Tools and Garage Band to loop in Mikey's background vocals (one of my favorite X-Files episodes included splicing a persons voice together from various pre-recorded bits), copious use of Auto-Tune™ to give DLR more "range," and at least 4 keyboard solos and a bass solo for Wolfie. The other 3-4 songs on the album should be a mix of The Kinks and something a bit more contemporary, maybe a VH-remake of Gaga's Poker Face as an example... That about covers all bases.

That is all.

Icon™ой

:lmao:

Debo
01-02-2012, 05:13 PM
Im wondering if this new tune has that riff Eddie played on 2 and a half men...or at least somewhere on the new album. A smoking little riff...here's to waiting and see!!! Regardless, I am officially stoked beyond words about this new music, more so than the tour. But I plan on going to a show, but bring on the new album, because its going to rock!!! Final thought, I hope the dude that produced this album hid Eddie's sustainer gizmo, or better yet, burned it. lol LET'S GO!!!!

Loons The Great
02-19-2012, 10:58 AM
A Different Kind Of Truth definitely defiantly giantly exceeded my expectations!!!

Who here is gwine-a hit da groun' runnin' that fine morn when we know we'll hear new Van Halen music with Diamond David Lee Roth??!!:cool8:

I hope there is harmonica and acoustical guitar present on the album.

I'm always amped up to hear a new Van Rothin' cover...but I doubt King Edward would acquiesce to any such request in 2011.

I can't wait to hear that first D-Ro blues shout howl or that first brain-splattering, ear-shattering, thunder-clappin, foot-stompin and tappin King Edward solo!!

I'm ready fo' some zen lyricism from David Lee Roth. NOT the kind of lyrics that make you think, "Boy, I would have thought that would have gone under a lot better than that!"

An' I'm ready, ready as anybody can be to hear one beat from Alex and know who's sendin' up some thundah instantaneously!!

I have no fear or doubt that Wolf will bring it.

"Amazing feats of daring-do and acrobatics with only four, count 'em four strings, Ladies and Gentlemen voted most valuable player of the Van Halen Family Band And Travelling Orchestra give it away give it away give it away, motherfucker for Wolfgang Van Halen!!... well if that doesn't send you off to one helluva summer vacation, I just don't know what the fuck else I can do for you...in all seriousness, you had a helluva a job to do this tour and you did the shit out of it! Congratulations, kid! And out of nothin' but love and respect, I wanna to quote one of my favorite ancient philosphers..."--David Lee Roth intro to So This Is Love 6.2.2008