PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else bought 'Steve_Vai-Sound_Theories_Vol_1_And_2' yet..im unsure if i like it

col5150
07-02-2007, 03:58 PM
Got Steve Vai's latest album today 'Sound_Theories_Vol_1_And_2'. Im starting to wish vai would concentrate on recording new material and leave the orchestra out of it. Some f the tracks on the album are excellent but there just rehashed from older albums except with an orchestra on top of them.

Anyone else heard it yet, what do you folks think

Got a ticket to see him again at the end o July in Scotland , think it may be an anti climax since hes dumped Billy sheehan and hired two violinists (as stated on his official site)

eddie78
07-02-2007, 06:38 PM
Blackmore did the orchestra thing ages ago...
I never like mixing my rock with violinists & whatnot.
Yngwie got away with it because he is so pompous & thinks of himself as a "composer."

Hyman Roth
07-02-2007, 07:09 PM
http://jemplugged.blogspot.com/

Blackflag
09-14-2007, 02:12 AM
It's bad. Sounds like a the soundtrack from a bad movie.

GO-SPURS-GO
09-14-2007, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by Hyman Roth
http://jemplugged.blogspot.com/

Whoever designed that web-site probably designed this web-site.
http://sarocks.blogspot.com/

Eddie's Booze
09-15-2007, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by col5150
Got Steve Vai's latest album today 'Sound_Theories_Vol_1_And_2'. Im starting to wish vai would concentrate on recording new material and leave the orchestra out of it. Some f the tracks on the album are excellent but there just rehashed from older albums except with an orchestra on top of them.

Anyone else heard it yet, what do you folks think

Got a ticket to see him again at the end o July in Scotland , think it may be an anti climax since hes dumped Billy sheehan and hired two violinists (as stated on his official site)

Steve Vai the Frank Zappa wannabe.

:rolleyes:

Coyote
09-15-2007, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Eddie's Booze

Him, and Mike Patton.

Coyote
09-15-2007, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Eddie's Booze

Him, and Mike Patton.

Antman
09-15-2007, 05:19 PM
Vai has no feel. Although technically a good player, he does nothing for me. I think the only reason I thought I liked him was because he was in Dave's band.

col5150
09-16-2007, 09:24 AM
ive seen him live about six times. He always seems to miss the opertunity to play some of his great back catalogue. Instaed you get the usual 'liberty', 'for the love of god'. For once id like to hear 'aching hunger' and some more off the ultrazone album

Eddie's Booze
09-16-2007, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by col5150
ive seen him live about six times. He always seems to miss the opertunity to play some of his great back catalogue. Instaed you get the usual 'liberty', 'for the love of god'. For once id like to hear 'aching hunger' and some more off the ultrazone album

He only made 1 good album, FLEXABLE.

That was in 1984. :rolleyes:

indeedido
11-10-2007, 03:51 PM
I dig it. I like all of his albums. I agree, would like some different live tunes, but most acts are like that too.