PDA

View Full Version : [size=4][color=red]IS CHIMPEACHMENT ON THE TABLE YET NANCY????[/COLOR][/SIZE]

FORD
07-02-2007, 06:07 PM
Once again, a treasonous Likud Zionfascist war criminal walks away from justice.

Will this BULLSHIT be allowed to stand???

It's getting really close to the time to fertilize the trees of liberty....

:gun:

Steve Savicki
07-02-2007, 06:09 PM
Sadly, this doesn't surprise me:

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0oGkjqpd4lGCeAA3OxXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTBxazI5ODB pBHNlYwNzYwRjb2xvA3cEdnRpZANGOTU4Xzgz/SIG=12o92jr6f/EXP=1183500585/**http%3a//news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070702/ap_on_go_pr_wh/cia_leak_trial_21

President Bush commuted the sentence of former White House aide I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby on Monday, sparing him from a 2 1/2-year prison term that Bush said was excessive.

Bush's move came hours after a federal appeals panel ruled Libby could not delay his prison term in the CIA leak case. That meant Libby was likely to have to report to prison soon and put new pressure on the president, who had been sidestepping calls by Libby's allies to pardon the former chief of staff to Vice President Dick Cheney.

"I respect the jury's verdict," Bush said in a statement. "But I have concluded that the prison sentence given to Mr. Libby is excessive. Therefore, I am commuting the portion of Mr. Libby's sentence that required him to spend thirty months in prison."

Bush left intact a $250,000 fine and two years probation for Libby, and Bush said his action still "leaves in place a harsh punishment for Mr. Libby."

Libby was convicted in March of lying to authorities and obstructing the investigation into the 2003 leak of CIA operative's identity. He was the highest-ranking White House official ordered to prison since the Iran-Contra affair.

Bush said of Cheney's former aide: "The reputation he gained through his years of public service and professional work in the legal community is forever damaged. His wife and young children have also suffered immensely. He will remain on probation. The significant fines imposed by the judge will remain in effect. The consequences of his felony conviction on his former life as a lawyer, public servant, and private citizen will be long-lasting."

<center>Someone define the terms of his probation.</center>

Nickdfresh
07-02-2007, 06:15 PM
Oh, it was "excessive," huh?

What an asshole! How was it excessive? In that Bouche's little hatchetmen, minions should be spared hard time?

DLR'sCock
07-02-2007, 06:56 PM
This is such fucking bullshit, and of no surprise.....

...and justice for all...

i wonder what all of those soldiers who shouldn't be in iraq feel about this....

i KNOW people who have been there and are there, and they know that this whole "war" is such bullshit, but they still do their duty......at least they have honor....

this whitehouse doesn't know the meaning of honor.....merely criminals in the global game of chess....

the bush whitehouse, jeez....

TongueNGroove
07-02-2007, 07:51 PM
A $250,000 fine along with two years probation is nothing to sneeze at. Not to mention legal fees and the fact that his life is basicaly ruined. Lost his job, ruined his name and reputation. Don't forget the emotional trauma going thru all of this has caused as well.

On top of that he could still go to jail if he breaks his probation.

It's a lot more than your Hero Bill Clinton got for lying under oath.

ODShowtime
07-02-2007, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by TongueNGroove

congrats on being the first retard to mention clinton in this thread

Man, I hope no one heard the profanity-laced tirade I unleashed today at work when this bullshit hit the streets. :rolleyes:

knuckleboner
07-02-2007, 08:20 PM
um...if this rises to the level of impeachment, then i'm turning in my copy of the constitution and moving out of the country.

DEMON CUNT
07-02-2007, 08:52 PM
A $250,000 fine along with two years probation is nothing to sneeze at. Not to mention legal fees and the fact that his life is basicaly ruined. Lost his job, ruined his name and reputation. Don't forget the emotional trauma going thru all of this has caused as well.

A small price to pay for betraying your country.

If Oliver North can be a television celebrity and author, Scooter definitely has a future.

He will pay nothing; Bush will issue a Presidential Pardon before he leaves office and 'defence fund' will pay all legal fees.

BITEYOASS
07-02-2007, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by DEMON CUNT
A small price to pay for betraying your country.

If Oliver North can be a television celebrity and author, Scooter definitely has a future.

I doubt about Scooter's book writing abilities. He'll probably write one about some leader from Texas who has a gay prostitute perform daily teabagging while his assistant maintains an erection by having doberman pincers lick his Anus while he watches his wife get fisted.

BITEYOASS
07-02-2007, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
congrats on being the first retard to mention clinton in this thread

Man, I hope no one heard the profanity-laced tirade I unleashed today at work when this bullshit hit the streets. :rolleyes:

But...But....But Clinton got a blowjob!!!! WAAAAAAHHHH!!!:cry:

DEMON CUNT
07-02-2007, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by BITEYOASS
I doubt about Scooter's book writing abilities. He'll probably write one about some leader from Texas who has a gay prostitute perform daily teabagging while his assistant maintains an erection by having doberman pincers lick his Anus while he watches his wife get fisted.

Almost. Check it:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0312284535/metafilter-20/ref=nosim/

BITEYOASS
07-02-2007, 09:12 PM
Well he's gotta write a sequel to it.

FORD
07-02-2007, 09:27 PM

On top of that he could still go to jail if he breaks his probation.

Bill Clinton got his dick sucked. Irving Libby committed TREASON under a law signed by none other than Poppy Bush himself.

The motherfucker should be in front of a firing squad. Along with his boss and every last traitor whose name appears on a PNAC document.

Emotional trauma??? You expect sympathy from me for A FUCKING TRAITOR WHO PLACED THE INTERESTS OF A FOREIGN NATION AHEAD OF THE UNITED STATES OF FUCKING AMERICA????

And where was Irving's sympathy for Valerie Plame's family? Or the other CIA assets whose names we will never know, who just might have been killed or tortured as a result of Libby's TREASON.

Emotional trauma, my ass. KILL THE BASTARD.

FORD
07-02-2007, 09:38 PM
Conyers: Bush Decision "Inconsistent with Rule of Law"

July 2, 2007, 6:19 PM
House Judiciary Chairman John Conyers (D-MI):

"Until now, it appeared that the President merely turned a blind eye to a high ranking Administration official leaking classified information. The President's action today makes it clear that he condones such activity. This decision is inconsistent with the rule of law and sends a horrible signal to the American people and our intelligence operatives who place their lives at risk everyday. Now that the White House can no longer argue that there is a pending criminal investigation, I expect them to be fully forthcoming with the American people about the circumstances that led to this leak and the President's decision today."

jhale667
07-02-2007, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Bill Clinton got his dick sucked. Irving Libby committed TREASON under a law signed by none other than Poppy Bush himself.

The motherfucker should be in front of a firing squad. Along with his boss and every last traitor whose name appears on a PNAC document.

Emotional trauma??? You expect sympathy from me for A FUCKING TRAITOR WHO PLACED THE INTERESTS OF A FOREIGN NATION AHEAD OF THE UNITED STATES OF FUCKING AMERICA????

And where was Irving's sympathy for Valerie Plame's family? Or the other CIA assets whose names we will never know, who just might have been killed or tortured as a result of Libby's TREASON.

Emotional trauma, my ass. KILL THE BASTARD.

Exactly, exactly!

I can't believe TongueinGoo is comparing lying about getting a blowjob to TREASON?!?! :confused:

http://a.photos.cx/really-c3f.jpg

And you don't really think he's going to pay a CENT of that $250K fine, do you?

BTW, Happy Bday, FORD. :)

FORD
07-02-2007, 10:18 PM
Reaction to Bush's Libby decision

By The Associated Press 54 minutes ago

Some reaction to President Bush's decision Monday to commute the sentence of former White House aide I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby, sparing him from a 2 1/2-year prison term in the CIA leak case.

___

"In this case, an experienced federal judge considered extensive argument from the parties and then imposed a sentence consistent with the applicable laws. It is fundamental to the rule of law that all citizens stand before the bar of justice as equals. That principle guided the judge during both the trial and the sentencing." — Special Prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald.

___

"When it comes to the law, there should not be two sets of rules — one for President Bush and Vice President Cheney and another for the rest of America. Even Paris Hilton had to go to jail. No one in this administration should be above the law." — Sen. Dick Durbin, D-Ill.

___

"While for a long time I have urged a pardon for Scooter, I respect the president's decision. This will allow a good American, who has done a lot for his country, to resume his life." — Former Sen. Fred Thompson, R-Tenn.

___

"Accountability has been in short supply in the Bush administration, and this commutation fits that pattern." — Sen. Patrick Leahy, D-Vt.

___

"President Bush did the right thing today in commuting the prison term for Scooter Libby. The prison sentence was overly harsh and the punishment did not fit the crime." — House Republican Whip Roy Blunt of Missouri.

___

"This is exactly the kind of politics we must change so we can begin restoring the American people's faith in a government that puts the country's progress ahead of the bitter partisanship of recent years." — Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill.

___

"After evaluating the facts, the president came to a reasonable decision and I believe the decision was correct." — former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani.

___

"Only a president clinically incapable of understanding that mistakes have consequences could take the action he did today. President Bush has just sent exactly the wrong signal to the country and the world." — former Sen. John Edwards, D-N.C.

___

"The Constitution gives President Bush the power to commute sentences, but history will judge him harshly for using that power to benefit his own vice president's chief of staff who was convicted of such a serious violation of law." — Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev.

___

"This commutation sends the clear signal that in this administration, cronyism and ideology trump competence and justice." — Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y.

___

"The president said he would hold accountable anyone involved in the Valerie Plame leak case. By his action today, the president shows his word is not to be believed." — House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif.

___

"It is time for the American people to be heard — I call for all Americans to flood the White House with phone calls tomorrow expressing their outrage over this blatant disregard for the rule of law." — Sen. Joe Biden, D-Del.

___

"President Bush's 11th-hour commutation of Scooter Libby's sentence makes a mockery of the justice system and betrays the idea that all Americans are expected to be held accountable for their actions, even close friends of Vice President Cheney." — Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass.

___

"By commuting Scooter Libby's sentence, the president continues to abdicate responsibility for the actions of his administration. The only ones paying the price for this administration's actions are the American people." — Sen. Chris Dodd, D-Conn.

___

"This decision sends the wrong message about the rule of law in the United States, just as the president is meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin. How can we hold the line against injustices in other countries when our own executive branch deliberately sets out to smear its critics, lies about it and then wriggles away without having to pay the price in prison?" — Rep. Tom Lantos, D-Calif.

___

"The arrogance of this administration's disdain for the law and its belief it operates with impunity are breathtaking. Will the president also commute the sentences of others who obstructed justice and lied to grand juries, or only those who act to protect President Bush and Vice President Cheney?" — New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson.

FORD
07-02-2007, 10:20 PM
Doesn't the stench of neocon hypocrisy just jump out from that list of quotes.......

Steve Savicki
07-02-2007, 10:47 PM
I wonder if this somehow disgraces the meanign of Independence Day.
I just hope it ruins no one's upcoming holiday.
But I get the feeling this will be an angry topic for quite awhile.

jhale667
07-02-2007, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Steve Savicki
I wonder if this somehow disgraces the meaning of Independence Day.

Ya think? ;):mad:

vh rides again
07-02-2007, 11:08 PM
Bill Clinton got his dick sucked. he lied under oath you dumbfuck. jeezus christ you really are pathetic.

FORD
07-02-2007, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by vh rides again
he lied under oath you dumbfuck. jeezus christ you really are pathetic.

And how in the blue blazes of FUCK does that compare to betraying a CIA operation specifically designed to gather intelligence on proliferation of weapons of mass destruction in the middle east - central Asia region.

THAT was what Valerie Plame's CIA front company "Brewster Jennings" did. And that is what was destroyed when Scooter opened his mouth. People might well have been killed or tortured because of his treason. Since it's the CIA, we'll never know the specifics on that.

Unlike when Monica opened her mouth, which didn't hurt anybody. :blow:

So tell me again, SHIT FOR BRAINS, how what Clinton did was even in the same fucking galaxy as this.

jhale667
07-02-2007, 11:28 PM
he lied under oath you dumbfuck. jeezus christ you really are pathetic.

The irony of that statement is what's pathetic.

Perjury is equal to TREASON?!?!?! In fucking Bizarro-world, perhaps?

vh rides again
07-03-2007, 12:02 AM
And how in the blue blazes of FUCK does that compare to betraying a CIA operation specifically designed to gather intelligence on proliferation of weapons of mass destruction in the middle east - central Asia region.

THAT was what Valerie Plame's CIA front company "Brewster Jennings" did. And that is what was destroyed when Scooter opened his mouth. People might well have been killed or tortured because of his treason. Since it's the CIA, we'll never know the specifics on that.

Unlike when Monica opened her mouth, which didn't hurt anybody. :blow:

So tell me again, SHIT FOR BRAINS, how what Clinton did was even in the same fucking galaxy as this.

he broke the law.you are a hipocrit, how can you defend clinton but chastize bush?.
you have lost your mind brother. get a fucking grip.

vh rides again
07-03-2007, 12:07 AM
-

vh rides again
07-03-2007, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by jhale667
The irony of that statement is what's pathetic.

Perjury is equal to TREASON?!?!?! In fucking Bizarro-world, perhaps? lying under oath (perjury) is an impeachable offense, but you halfwits refuse to acknowledge that.
im not sticking up for bush or libby,im just saying that you guys are dumbfucks,thats all.
im not arguing with anyone here that bush's parden is bullshit.

jhale667
07-03-2007, 12:22 AM
lying under oath (perjury) is an impeachable offense, but you halfwits refuse to acknowledge that.
im not sticking up for bush or libby,im just saying that you guys are dumbfucks,thats all.
im not arguing with anyone here that bush's parden is bullshit.

I don't think anyone here denies he lied under oath. But if you think lying about getting a blowjob
(which was ALL the repukes could come up with on him in an EIGHT YEAR vendetta, admit it) is even in the same BALLPARK as outing a CIA agent, YOU are indeed the halfwit.

Guitar Shark
07-03-2007, 01:40 AM

The least you can do is get your facts straight. Scooter was not convicted of treason. He was convicted of obstruction of justice, perjury, and lying to the FBI about how he learned Plame’s identity and whom he told.

It's too bad there are no posts from January 2001 at this board. I'm sure you were howling to get out the firing squad when Bill Clinton issued 140 pardons on his last day in office. I'm sure of it. :)

ELVIS
07-03-2007, 01:55 AM
The motherfucker should be in front of a firing squad.

LMAO!

Wallyg
07-03-2007, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
The least you can do is get your facts straight. Scooter was not convicted of treason. He was convicted of obstruction of justice, perjury, and lying to the FBI about how he learned Plame’s identity and whom he told.

It's too bad there are no posts from January 2001 at this board. I'm sure you were howling to get out the firing squad when Bill Clinton issued 140 pardons on his last day in office. I'm sure of it. :)

LMAO!!

How dare you quote facts GS? LOL!!!!!!!!!!
The guy who outed the "agent" was known from the beginning and nothing happened to him. He was suppossed to be the focus of the investigation.
They are all corrupt, prosecutor, Plame's media whore husband, Cheney, et. al., so he should have served time for perjury.

FORD
07-03-2007, 02:05 AM

What he was convicted of and what he actually did aren't necessarily one and the same. Revealing Plame's identity compromised the national security of this country, and rendered a valuable intelligence gathering operation useless. All so the BCE could continue to go into Iraq based on LIES. And so Cheney could act on his personal grudge against Joe Wilson and his wife.

As a matter of fact, I opposed the Mark Rich pardon from day one, and the more I learn about Mark Rich, the more it sickens me. Clinton wasted an opportunity to pardon someone truly deserving such as Leonard Peltier, and he squandered it on some fucking AIPAC/Mossad piece of shit instead.

I've never said Clinton was the perfect President, and I know damn well his wife wouldn't be, so don't try to throw me in that camp.

matt19
07-03-2007, 02:48 AM
Calm down FORD, don't need you having a heart attach @ 41.

stringfelowhawk
07-03-2007, 04:06 AM
I feel the same way as you do Ford but I will not argue with the people that apologize for Bush. It's simply a waste of time and brain power (not that it takes much to torpedo their point of view). I went my whole day without knowing about this. I work nights so I got up with just enough time to get ready and be on time so I just learned about this now and I won't be able to sleep tonight because my fury will not settle. I'm almost to the point where I think the only thing that will change the direction of this country is a revolution. That's what made us and it's what can save us but it would never be as easy as it was then. 28% of the population would consider those who took up arms as traitors while 70% wouldn't bother to change the channel away from FoxNews to see why its happening and the other 2% isn't enough to win or make a difference so what can we do but expect this CONGRESS to speak for us? We all know they won't because they believe this executive branch is the most powerful in history and can not be touched so they grandstand and threaten. But that is exactly the part that pisses me off the most. They have the power to change that but fear executive level retribution. To me, they have those fucking positions to work on our behalf but refuse it and that makes them just as guilty of everything this administration does because they have yet to offer JUST ONE SINGLE STAND ON ANYTHING SIGNIFICANT. If this day and age isn't the perfect example of why the two party system needs to be scrapped forever then I have nothing else to say on the matter. Corporate and lobbyist influence has corrupted both parties so it will never again matter who you vote for because either way our best interests are not important. This government is broken and can't function or act on its most basic responsibilities. I just don't think anything less than a modern "Boston Tea Party" will change anything at this point. We've allowed it to become too corrupt to fix in the traditional way of "checks and balances".
Sorry folks, that's just how I see it! You can flame me or hate me or whathefuckever you want but if you can't offer a legitimate counterpoint I'll ignore you.

BigBadBrian
07-03-2007, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by jhale667
I don't think anyone here denies he lied under oath. But if you think lying about getting a blowjob
(which was ALL the repukes could come up with on him in an EIGHT YEAR vendetta, admit it) is even in the same BALLPARK as outing a CIA agent, YOU are indeed the halfwit.

I think you better review your facts. Scooter Libby was not convicted of "outing a CIA agent."

Hyman Roth
07-03-2007, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
I think you better review your facts. Scooter Libby was not convicted of "outing a CIA agent."

So what if he wasn't "convicted of 'outing a CIA agent'...". He was convicted of obstruction of justice, making false statements to federal investigators and perjury. And it is an unequivocal fact you cannot change that Libby blatantly disclosed the classified identity of CIA agent Valarie Plame.

Furthermore, Libby was an agent of Bush and his Administration at the time of the serious crimes and wrongs he committed, acting within the scope of his authority, regardless of whether or not he was explicitly instructed to disclose sensitive information by his principals. Respondeat Superior!

Libby put national security and the very lives of CIA agents at risk. President Bush's unfortunate decision to pardon his buddy will only have a chilling effect on protecting the safety of men and women that put their lives at risk for this country day in and day out. And it signifies that classified information may be betrayed for apparent political gain by high ranking administrative officials with impunity.

And as far as Libby having to pay attorney's fees and the $250,000.00 fine, not one dime of that will come out of his back pocket. As an interesting side note, Fred Thompson serves on the advisory committee for the 'Libby Legal Defense Trust', and that organization should have no problem raising the money to bail out one of their own.

http://www.nndb.com/people/413/000024341/

4moreyears
07-03-2007, 08:11 AM
Link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Clinton_pardons_controversy)

OK bush sucks but still a better choice than Gore or Kerry.

FredExpress in 08.

Hyman Roth
07-03-2007, 08:20 AM
Brilliant...:rolleyes:

ODShowtime
07-03-2007, 08:25 AM
he lied under oath you dumbfuck. jeezus christ you really are pathetic..

Stop advertising your stupidity. Repubs should have never been investigating if clinton got a blowie or not. It's nobody's god-damned business, and if you think it is, YOU need a grip.

Let's not forget that libby was found guilty of perjury while being questioned about the treason charges that he slipped away from (not getting head):

After deliberating for 10 days, the jury rendered its verdict on March 6, 2007.[62] It convicted Libby on four of the five counts against him: two counts of perjury, one count of obstruction of justice in a grand jury investigation, and one of the two counts of making false statements to federal investigators
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lewis_%22Scooter%22_Libby#Verdict

Now shut the fuck about about bc, it's only making you look like the dumb shit you are.

ODShowtime
07-03-2007, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by 4moreyears
Link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Clinton_pardons_controversy)

OK bush sucks but still a better choice than Gore or Kerry.

FredExpress in 08.

yeah, well we still got 1 1/2 years left thanks to idiots such as yourself. Maybe by then you'll be all caught up with the rest of us and ready to jump on the impeachment wagon. :rolleyes:

fryingdutchman
07-03-2007, 08:33 AM
Thank God for this thread.

It's given FORD the chance to break out his favorite "Likud Zionfascist" phrase.

I think he was going through withdrawal...

:rolleyes:

And Happy Birthday...you hyper-liberal pain in the ass!!! :D

fryingdutchman
07-03-2007, 08:35 AM

Thank you, Guitar Shark.

That was my first thought when I saw this thread.

fryingdutchman
07-03-2007, 08:36 AM
Libby should do 2 1/2 years just for being an old guy with the name "Scooter."

:D

BITEYOASS
07-03-2007, 10:35 AM
Conyers: Bush Decision "Inconsistent with Rule of Law"

July 2, 2007, 6:19 PM
House Judiciary Chairman John Conyers (D-MI):

"Until now, it appeared that the President merely turned a blind eye to a high ranking Administration official leaking classified information. The President's action today makes it clear that he condones such activity. This decision is inconsistent with the rule of law and sends a horrible signal to the American people and our intelligence operatives who place their lives at risk everyday. Now that the White House can no longer argue that there is a pending criminal investigation, I expect them to be fully forthcoming with the American people about the circumstances that led to this leak and the President's decision today."

Yeah, Detroit is up in these muthafuckin cons faces! :D

Blackflag
07-03-2007, 10:45 AM
Bill Clinton was a dick, but he has nothing to do with this.

I can't believe this fucker has the nerve to abuse the office to make his friends above the law. I can't believe the american people just take it. It's all just pathetic.

Guitar Shark
07-03-2007, 11:51 AM
What he was convicted of and what he actually did aren't necessarily one and the same. Revealing Plame's identity compromised the national security of this country, and rendered a valuable intelligence gathering operation useless. All so the BCE could continue to go into Iraq based on LIES. And so Cheney could act on his personal grudge against Joe Wilson and his wife.

It is a distinction that matters a great deal when people like you start talking about bringing out a firing squad. Treason is one thing, but he was convicted of far lesser crimes. The day people are executed for lying under oath is the day I move away from this country.

Sgt Schultz
07-03-2007, 12:19 PM
Repubs should have never been investigating if clinton got a blowie or not.

Sorry Sesh but the case was about sexual harassment. Lewinski was called to testify about a sexual harassment case brought against Clinton. Both Clinton and Lewinski lied under oath in that trial. Clinton was NOT charged with "geting a BJ" as so many seem to think.

matt19
07-03-2007, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by fryingdutchman
Libby should do 2 1/2 years just for being an old guy with the name "Scooter."

:D

LMAO! :D

Steve Savicki
07-03-2007, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Blackflag
I can't believe this fucker has the nerve to abuse the office to make his friends above the law.
Above the law, eh... sounds like Paris Hilton mentality. Next, Paris will cry that Bush didn't bail her out of jail.
Doesn't the president get a discount at Hilton hotels?

matt19
07-03-2007, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Steve Savicki
Above the law, eh... sounds like Paris Hilton mentality. Next, Paris will cry that Bush didn't bail her out of jail.
Doesn't the president get a discount at Hilton hotels?

Isn't she out of jail?

Redballjets88
07-03-2007, 01:53 PM
im looking at this scooter guy blindly w/o ever hearing of what he has done, and from what i have read it seems that he got away with more than he should have BUT the punishment he has gotten for what he is convicted of fits the crime.

this topic is just so FORD can piss and moan and call people neocons and zionfascists while repubs defend scooter for i dont know what reason. its a shit sliggin contest

DLR'sCock
07-03-2007, 02:16 PM
It is a distinction that matters a great deal when people like you start talking about bringing out a firing squad. Treason is one thing, but he was convicted of far lesser crimes. The day people are executed for lying under oath is the day I move away from this country.

I don't think FORD is serious with the firing squad remark, or at least I hope not.

I didn't take it literally myself.

vh rides again
07-03-2007, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by DLR'sCock
I don't think FORD is serious with the firing squad remark, or at least I hope not.

I didn't take it literally myself.

hes serious about it, i think if your guilty of treason you should be shot.

is it fords birthday? if so, happy birthday you crazy bastard.

vh rides again
07-03-2007, 03:50 PM
Stop advertising your stupidity. Repubs should have never been investigating if clinton got a blowie or not. It's nobody's god-damned business, and if you think it is, YOU need a grip.

Let's not forget that libby was found guilty of perjury while being questioned about the treason charges that he slipped away from (not getting head):

Now shut the fuck about about bc, it's only making you look like the dumb shit you are.
you still dont get it do you? it doesnt matter if he was getting a blowjob,he commited a felony by lying about it.
see thats what im talking about, you fuckers are so blinded by hate for W that you cant see reality.
you scream for justice but turn a blind eye. or try and justify another.

you cant be taken seriously unless its justice for all,not just the guy your rooting for.

matt19
07-03-2007, 04:09 PM
Lying under oath really isnt the same as commiting treason, no matter what the penalties are. Use some common sense please. :rolleyes:

Redballjets88
07-03-2007, 04:14 PM
"Scooter" isn't charged with treason, that is why the comparison is being made. If he had been charged with treason this matter would be MUCH different and, there would be more warrant for FORD to be having cardiac arrest over there.

Hyman Roth
07-03-2007, 04:29 PM
you still dont get it do you? it doesnt matter if he was getting a blowjob,he commited a felony by lying about it.
see thats what im talking about, you fuckers are so blinded by hate for W that you cant see reality.

you cant be taken seriously unless its justice for all,not just the guy your rooting for.

With respect, I am pretty sure Clinton was never convicted of anything as a result of the inquiry of the Special Prosecutor, despite quite a costly and prolonged investigation.

If I am correct, the Special Prosecutor was appointed to initially look into the Whitewater land deal. Only after it was clear that there was no evidence of the commission of any crimes pertaining to that set of facts, and after going through Mrs. Clinton's extensive billing records at the Rose Law Firm in Arkansas, did Ken Starr bootstrap the non-issue of the Presidential blow job into a trumped up sexual harassment lawsuit (which is a civil matter) filed by trailer trash, one Ms. Paula Jones.

Paula Jones was seeking extravagant compensation for having allegedly experienced the President, then the Governor or Ark., flirt with her once or twice. Oh the horror. :eek: The civil suit was initiated for political reasons to begin with and was ultimately dismissed at the district court level and settled while on appeal as a nuisance.

Although for refusing to answer questions under oath in the Paula Jones case about his sexual experiences while commander-in-chief, Clinton was ultimately cited for Contempt of Court, he was never convicted of any crime. In fact he entered into a "plea bargain" with the Special Prosecutor to accept a five year suspension of his Arkansas law license to end any and all criminal proceedings.

Redballjets88
07-03-2007, 04:41 PM
not offense Hyman but what you just said really doesn't pretain to what you quoted Rides again saying.

FORD
07-03-2007, 04:44 PM
For those of you who think Libby didn't commit treason because he wasn't convicted of treason, here's a question for you.....

Is OJ Simpson a murderer or not??

Hyman Roth
07-03-2007, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Redballjets88
not offense Hyman but what you just said really doesn't pretain to what you quoted Rides again saying.

No? And no offense taken. Rides Again started out his post by stating that Clinton committed a felony by lying about getting a hummer. Maybe I was way too wordy, but I think my response was on point.

Hyman Roth
07-03-2007, 04:58 PM
For those of you who think Libby didn't commit treason because he wasn't convicted of treason, here's a question for you.....

No. He was tried and acquitted. Now if you ask the question "did OJ kill dat bitch", I might have a different answer.

I caution that you should not use Bush's pardon as an opportunity to lose site of the sanctity of the Rule of Law in our society. The pardon, as crappy as it may be, is after all well within the President's authority granted by the US Constitution.

While Bush's pardon of Libby is indicitive of the type of presidency we have had for the last seven years, and though I may feel the Bush presidency has done irreperable harm to the overall strength and integrity of the United States domestically and throughout the world, "when you talk about destruction, don't you know you can count me out".

jhale667
07-03-2007, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Hyman Roth
No? And no offense taken. Rides Again started out his post by stating that Clinton committed a felony by lying about getting a hummer. Maybe I was way too wordy, but I think my response was on point.

It was indeed on point. ;)

Best line I've heard about Paula Jones "She's what happens when you drag a $100 bill through a trailer park." :lol:

Redballjets88
07-03-2007, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Hyman Roth
No. He was tried and acquitted. Now if you ask the question "did OJ kill dat bitch", I might have a different answer.

I caution that you should not use Bush's pardon as an opportunity to lose site of the sanctity of the Rule of Law in our society. The pardon, as crappy as it may be, is after all well within the President's authority granted by the US Constitution.

While Bush's pardon of Libby is indicitive of the type of presidency we have had for the last seven years, and though I may feel the Bush presidency has done irreperable harm to the overall strength and integrity of the United States domestically and throughout the world, "when you talk about destruction, don't you know you can count me out".

agreed 100%

except that i don't believe anything totally irreperable has happened, anything can be changed for better or worse in this country, im sure that people were saying Hoover did irreperable damage, but in the end we came out of the depression. its all about how you look at it. i just hope in '08 we get a new leader, from whichever party, who steers the nation in a good direction and makes everyone in America proud to be American.

vh rides again
07-03-2007, 05:58 PM

oprah says he is

vh rides again
07-03-2007, 06:04 PM
heres a good read that i had saved on my computer awhile back. im going to have to try and find the author of this so he/she gets due credit.

The Clinton Impeachment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A botched indictment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did President Clinton commit impeachable offenses? It depends, in part, on what you believe about the United States.

Most likely, Bill Clinton participated in oral sex with a White House intern. It is also likely that he gave misleading testimony about that under oath, but it's not clear whether he lied under oath (which would be perjury), or just gave literally truthful answers to the questions that were put to him (which would be legal - that is, a lawyer's lawful tactics).

Let's assume, for the sake of argument, that he did participate in oral sex with a White House intern, and that he did lie about it under oath. Did he, given these assumptions, commit an impeachable offense? that is, an offense for which he ought to be removed from the Presidency?

Impeachment is partly judicial, partly political. The House and Senate, in conducting the process, are political bodies acting in a quasi-judicial capacity. More important, the offenses for which a President may be removed from office are not defined by law, but only vaguely defined by a few words in the U.S. Constitution.

"The President ... shall be removed from office upon impeachment for, and conviction of, treason, bribery, and other high crimes and misdemeanors." What might be the "other high crimes and misdemeanors" that rank with treason and bribery as grounds for removal from office? Treason ordinarily ranks with murder as a capital crime, while bribery ranks lower along with embezzlement as a white-collar crime. What do treason and bribery have in common?

We actually have other examples of offenses for which a President might be impeached, besides treason and bribery, which are specified in the Constitution. Before he resigned, President Nixon was threatened with impeachment for his part in the burglary of opposition party offices at the Watergate building. And President Andrew Johnson was impeached, though not convicted, for violating the Tenure of Office Act, which imposed limits on the authority of the President.

All of these offenses subvert of the office of the Presidency itself: they are betrayals of trust. Treason is defined in the Consitution as making war against the United States, or siding with its enemies, which would violate the President's oath to "protect and defend." Bribery (probably meaning in this case accepting, rather than offering, a bribe) would result in the President's acting (for his own personal gain) in the interest of a particular individual instead of in the public interest. The Watergate burglary was intended to pervert the process by which the President is elected, in disregard of the public will. Violation of the Tenure of Office Act would have been, if it took place, an attempt to seize power that the Presidency did not lawfully possess.

Presumably the "other high crimes and misdemeanors" for which a President might be impeached must likewise be crimes against the Presidency. Did Bill Clinton commit a crime against the Presidency?

More narrowly, we might first ask whether the offenses named in the articles of impeachment, that is, perjury and obstruction of justice, are crimes against the Presidency. Judging from the polls, most people don't think so. President Clinton acted to conceal from public knowledge a personal act that had nothing to do with the official powers and responsibilities of the President, but which, if made public, might tarnish the image of the Presidency. Assuming he lied under oath about having oral sex, he did so not to betray the Presidency, but to defend it.

Impeachment, according to the Constitution, is narrowly limited to removal from office, and is completely separate from trial that might end in fine, imprisonment, or any other punishment. Acquittal in the Senate trial would not mean that Clinton did not commit perjury, but only that whatever he did was not a "high crime or misdemeanor" as intended in the Constitution. The same act of perjury that might be a legitimate action for a President might at the same time be grounds for disbarring a lawyer, who is "an officer of the court." Bill Clinton is not only President, but also a lawyer, and if he did lie under oath he should probably be removed from the bar, whether or not he is removed from the Presidency.

What about the actions that were not mentioned in the articles of impeachment? are any of those impeachable?

If Bill Clinton offered to arrange a job for a White House intern in exchange for a personal favor, such as oral sex, or a promise not to talk about oral sex, he would be acting in the interest of an individual (instead of the public interest) in exchange for personal gain, that is, he would be accepting a bribe. That is one of the offenses explicitly named in the Constitution as grounds for removal from office. It seems likely that he did do something like that. But bribery was not listed in the articles of impeachment, so we have to drop that.

What about the oral sex itself? was that a crime against the Presidency? Many of the immigrants to the United States, beginning with the Puritans and continuing through Lutherans and Irish Catholics, just to name a few, have a tradition of strict moral rectitude in sexual matters. This tradition continues to influence a majority of the population, and some would consider it one of the fundamental principles of this nation. Many people (but, judging from the polls, less than a majority) view oral sex in the Oval Office as a betrayal of the public trust, subverting the office of the Presidency itself, and therefore one of the impeachable "high crimes and misdemeanors." But oral sex in the Oval Office is not listed in the articles of impeachment, so we have to drop that, too.

Did President Clinton commit impeachable offenses? Many people think so. A majority of the House of Representative evidently thinks so. But the House, in its rush to indict, apparently failed to include, in the official articles of impeachment, the offenses that (a) he most likely commited and (b) are most clearly crimes against the Presidency. I believe that those omitted offenses -- bribery and oral sex -- are, nevertheless, the ones that most offended the majority of the House, and that most offend the voters who want Clinton removed from the Presidency.

The Senate must acquit. On purely political grounds, voting on party lines, the Senate could not cast the required two-third majority against the President. But also on legal grounds, the offenses for which the President was impeached are, whether or not he committed them, strictly unimpeachable.

CREATED January 27, 1999

knuckleboner
07-03-2007, 06:23 PM

is richard armitage?

Guitar Shark
07-03-2007, 06:26 PM

Who said that?

The point is that you want to punish Libby as though he committed treason, even though he wasn't convicted of treason.

FORD
07-03-2007, 07:33 PM
Who said that?

The point is that you want to punish Libby as though he committed treason, even though he wasn't convicted of treason.

I want ALL of the PNAC'ers tried for treason. And upon conviction, (which is a certainty) I want them sentenced immediately to the appropriate legal penalty for treason. Then I want that sentence carried out while Chimpy is still taking a nap, so he doesn't get a chance to pardon the bastards.

Does that clear things up?

Guitar Shark
07-03-2007, 07:35 PM
LOL. How can you say that conviction is a certainty when Libby wasn't even charged with treason?

EAT MY ASSHOLE
07-03-2007, 07:43 PM
I want ALL of the PNAC'ers tried for treason. And upon conviction, (which is a certainty) I want them sentenced immediately to the appropriate legal penalty for treason. Then I want that sentence carried out while Chimpy is still taking a nap, so he doesn't get a chance to pardon the bastards.

At what point do you wish for all the Monoploy money to be real in this fantasy of yours?

EAT MY ASSHOLE
07-03-2007, 07:43 PM

And where does the flying pink pony fit in?

matt19
07-03-2007, 07:44 PM
agreed 100%

except that i don't believe anything totally irreperable has happened, anything can be changed for better or worse in this country, im sure that people were saying Hoover did irreperable damage, but in the end we came out of the depression. its all about how you look at it. i just hope in '08 we get a new leader, from whichever party, who steers the nation in a good direction and makes everyone in America proud to be American.

How can you agree 100% if you don't agree with something?

Roy Munson
07-03-2007, 07:45 PM
He deserves a full pardon.

Scooter Libby rocks.

Keef
07-03-2007, 08:41 PM

Who gives a fucking hell about Clinton? He was an asshole as well.

Maybe my father should punish me again for raiding the liquor cabinet again 25 years after the fact?

Shut the fuck up about Clinton already. Americans, and the world for that matter have serious current issues to contemplate with these gangsters.

FORD
07-03-2007, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Roy Munson
He deserves a full pardon.

Benedict Arnold rocks.

TongueNGroove
07-03-2007, 09:09 PM
Scooter isn't even the one who leaked the name, Richard Armatage is...And it wouldn't have even been public knowledge if Robert Novak hadn't posted it in the Chicago Sun Times.

So if you want to try anyone for treason try Robert Novak, Not Scooter Libby.

ODShowtime
07-03-2007, 09:09 PM

Who's 'you fuckers'?

Who are you talking to? It's not me because you don't know a damn thing about me or the reality that I see. I'm not here defending clinton. IT'S IRRELEVANT. But I'm sure you know that.

It's ridiculous to suggest that I don't want equal justice for all in a thread decrying a gw&friends henchman getting let out of jail by gw himself after committing treasonous activities that benefited the administration.

You need to stop listening to the right wing hate radio because all this 'you fuckers' bullshit is fucking up this country. And making you look stupid.

ODShowtime
07-03-2007, 09:14 PM

Shark's right FORD. Libby wasn't convicted of treason.

And you're right too. He was convicted of lying and covering up the treason that he and/or his cohorts committed.

Ellyllions
07-03-2007, 09:19 PM
What sickens me about all of this is that Scooter Libby is Bush's biggest thought right now and 2 border agents are still sitting in prison for wounding a fucking drug dealer.

Hyman Roth
07-03-2007, 09:24 PM
Scooter isn't even the one who leaked the name, Richard Armatage is...And it wouldn't have even been public knowledge if Robert Novak hadn't posted it in the Chicago Sun Times.

So if you want to try anyone for treason try Robert Novak, Not Scooter Libby.

Gee...then I wonder why a "federal grand jury returned a five-count indictment charging defendant I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby with obstruction of justice, perjury, and making false statements to federal investigators...in connection with an investigation concerning leaks to reporters of classified information regarding the employment of Valerie Plame Wilson"?

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/graphics/pdf/libbyplame.pdf

And I wonder why Mr. Libby would testify under oath that he was specifically authorized in advance of his meeting with New York Times reporter Judith Miller to disclose the "key judgments" of the October 2002 classified National Intelligence Estimate (NIE)?

Id.

:o

Wallyg
07-04-2007, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by Ellyllions
What sickens me about all of this is that Scooter Libby is Bush's biggest thought right now and 2 border agents are still sitting in prison for wounding a fucking drug dealer.
AMEN!!
Now that's a reason to impeach the President.

FORD
07-04-2007, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by Wallyg
AMEN!!
Now that's a reason to impeach the President.

Especially since the drug dealer probably worked for Chimpy anyway.....

Redballjets88
07-04-2007, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by matt19
How can you agree 100% if you don't agree with something?

i do the other thing i wrote was more of a side note than anything

Redballjets88
07-04-2007, 02:19 AM

thats the world we live in, and it is sad, we live in a world where people can sue for spilling coffee on themselves, ans burglars can sue home owners for injuring themselves breaking in.

matt19
07-04-2007, 02:36 AM
i do the other thing i wrote was more of a side note than anything

Ah, I see.

Ellyllions
07-04-2007, 07:45 AM
thats the world we live in, and it is sad, we live in a world where people can sue for spilling coffee on themselves, ans burglars can sue home owners for injuring themselves breaking in.

The only time you can go to prison is if you're criminally prosecuted, not sued.

Scooter got jailtime because he lied about a timeline not because he leaked Plame's name. Read the case brief.

We all know that Scooter was a "scape goat" because Fitzgerald was prevented from going after the real source of the leak.

Having said that, I still think it's shitty of Bush to commute his sentence and arrogant to keep saying that "pardon isn't out of the question" as the shouts get louder.

It's all gone to hell. The whole shebang. Thank God the elections are coming.

Sgt Schultz
07-04-2007, 08:39 AM
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x259/sgtschultz_2007/bush_grinch.jpg

Hyman Roth
07-04-2007, 08:39 AM

Scooter got jailtime because he lied about a timeline not because he leaked Plame's name. Read the case brief.

We all know that Scooter was a "scape goat"...

Well...rational minds can differ, and I beg to.

Hyman Roth
07-04-2007, 08:43 AM
And the brief I cited is dated April 5, 2006. Libby was sentenced on June 7, 2007...so I am not sure how you can discern exactly why Libby was sentenced from "[r]ead[ing] the case brief", although, admittedly, I did not read all 39 pages...I wasn't ready to go to sleep just yet. :D

EDIT:

"Libby was one of several Bush administration officials -- another was top Bush aide Karl Rove -- who discussed Plame with reporters at a time when her employment status was classified. Rove was not charged in the case."

http://www.reuters.com/article/latestCrisis/idUSN05217833

DEMON CUNT
07-04-2007, 11:58 AM

The Bush inner circle must and will be protected at all costs. Bush does not give a shit about any of us peasants.

Remember it was the cover-up of a simple robbery that brought Nixon down.

vh rides again
07-04-2007, 05:18 PM
Who's 'you fuckers'?

Who are you talking to? It's not me because you don't know a damn thing about me or the reality that I see. I'm not here defending clinton. IT'S IRRELEVANT. But I'm sure you know that.

It's ridiculous to suggest that I don't want equal justice for all in a thread decrying a gw&friends henchman getting let out of jail by gw himself after committing treasonous activities that benefited the administration.

You need to stop listening to the right wing hate radio because all this 'you fuckers' bullshit is fucking up this country. And making you look stupid.
heres a perfect axample of what fuckers im talking about.your faithfull leader here in the front line,chimphater extraordiniare.

[Post #80]
Especially since the drug dealer probably worked for Chimpy anyway.....

ODShowtime
07-04-2007, 06:37 PM
heres a perfect axample of what fuckers im talking about.your faithfull leader here in the front line,chimphater extraordiniare.

[Post #80]

oh yeah, I take all my cues from Ford. :rolleyes:

Nickdfresh
07-04-2007, 08:16 PM

Two wrongs don't make a right..

Especially when the administration in question claims a trump card on patriotism....

BITEYOASS
07-04-2007, 09:27 PM
The Bush inner circle must and will be protected at all costs. Bush does not give a shit about any of us peasants.

Remember it was the cover-up of a simple robbery that brought Nixon down.

Well whatever Bush is covering up, it will probably be, according to Nixon "The most god damn faggiest thing I've ever seen in my life."

hideyoursheep
07-09-2007, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Roy Munson
He deserves a full hardon.

Scooter Libby shoud be chopping rocks.

That's better. :cool:

stringfelowhawk
07-10-2007, 05:47 AM
I'm just gonna say something and walk. I'm not trying to start an argument but I am tired of the hypocricy of the republicans constantly invoking Clinton and in another thread I broke that arguments back but remind me again who prosecuted Marc Rich and who defended him? It is absolutely amazing how the very people who advocated for Libby's pardon are the same hypocrits who are now attacking Clinton for the Rich pardon! These are the type of people who V.I.P. the "Darwin Awards" and think its an honor to be nominated!

If you have been keeping Bin Laden company in a cave and haven't been keeping up with breaking news I'll answer my own question.

Prosecutor: Rudy Guliani
Defense: I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby (as reported recently actually called his client to formally share a congrats on his pardon from then President Clinton) HMMMM! Same guy who defended him was the current VP's chief of staff. What else needs to be said here?

ODShowtime
07-10-2007, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by stringfelowhawk
I am tired of the hypocricy of the republicans constantly invoking Clinton and in another thread I broke that arguments back

So did I, three years ago.

BigBadBrian
07-10-2007, 10:08 AM
I'm just gonna say something and walk. I'm not trying to start an argument but I am tired of the hypocricy of the republicans constantly invoking Clinton and in another thread I broke that arguments back but remind me again who prosecuted Marc Rich and who defended him? It is absolutely amazing how the very people who advocated for Libby's pardon are the same hypocrits who are now attacking Clinton for the Rich pardon! These are the type of people who V.I.P. the "Darwin Awards" and think its an honor to be nominated!

Congratulations, you get the "Dumbass Post of the Day." Of course, Demon Twat hasn't posted yet today, so that may be a little premature.

:gulp:

If you have been keeping Bin Laden company in a cave and haven't been keeping up with breaking news I'll answer my own question.

Defense: I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby (as reported recently actually called his client to formally share a congrats on his pardon from then President Clinton) HMMMM! Same guy who defended him was the current VP's chief of staff. What else needs to be said here?

While I don't necessarily agree with what happened in the Libby case, there is no resemblance to the Marc Rich case. Try again.

Sgt Schultz
07-10-2007, 11:03 AM

Never mind the Rich pardon, which was bad enough.

3. Did the 42nd President of the U.S. pardon or commute any sentences?
Answer - Yes, 185.
Some of those pardons/commutations;
+ On August 11 1999, sentences commuted for of 16 members of FALN, a violent Puerto Rican nationalist group that set off 120 bombs in the United States convicted for conspiracies to commit robbery, bomb-making, and sedition, as well as for firearms and explosives violations. The FALN is responsible for 6 deaths and the permanent maiming of dozens of others, including law enforcement officials. The commutation was opposed by the U.S. Attorney's Office, the FBI, and the Federal Bureau of Prisons and criticized by many including former victims of FALN terrorist activities, the Fraternal Order of Police, members of Congress, and Hillary Clinton in her campaign for Senator. Congress condemned the action, with a vote of 95-2 in the Senate and 311-41 in the House.

FORD
07-10-2007, 11:44 AM
But Clinton But Clinton But Clinton But Clinton But Clinton BUT CLINTON......

Hyman Roth
07-10-2007, 11:53 AM
I'm sure every President has made use of his constitutionally granted power to pardon under Article II.

But off the top of my head I can't think of any, besides W, that have used it to pardon their buddies/agents who leaked classified information and then lied about it under oath.

Seems closer to what Ford did for Nixon than anything Clinton may have done.

EAT MY ASSHOLE
07-10-2007, 12:12 PM
Seems obvious to me that it's long past time for the congress to have hearings and to approve any pardons or grants of clemency the president bestows.

Can't see how this wouldn't have bipartisan support considering the uproar in the wake of the Rich example.

Hyman Roth
07-10-2007, 12:35 PM
Maybe - but that would probably end the practice altogether. Plus you would have to amend the Constitution, which is no easy task.

Hyman Roth
07-10-2007, 12:39 PM
(purposely ignoring EMA's spin)

Nickdfresh
07-10-2007, 03:13 PM

Another personal attack on an articulate poster merely expressing an opinion by BigBitchBrianne...

No wonder why you're a laughing stock...

ODShowtime
07-10-2007, 07:09 PM
Congratulations, you get the "Dumbass Post of the Day." Of course, Demon Twat hasn't posted yet today, so that may be a little premature.

I agree with Nick. This post is pathetic and you add nothing BBB.

While I don't necessarily agree with what happened in the Libby case, there is no resemblance to the Marc Rich case. Try again.

That said, I agree with you here. There is no resemblence. Clinton didn't pardon one of his own administration who had specifically done his bidding and was then convicted for it. Sure Rich paid off Clinton with campaign support, but that's different than following an illegal order. It's systematic obstruction of justice and it's unacceptable.

sisca
07-10-2007, 07:17 PM
i still find it hard to believe that articles of impeachment havent been drawn up on emperor chimpy and darth cheney. seriously, it blows my mind on how blind (or accepting) of their behavior is to this country. fucking sad if you ask me.

DEMON CUNT
07-10-2007, 09:28 PM

That means so very, very little coming from someone as profoundly ignorant as you, BigBland. For you are the King of dumbass posts since they rarely turn out to be much more than copy/pasted SPAM or extremely shallow fact-free criticisms.

Don't worry. Your prayers will be answered in the form of a full Presidential Pardon during the final days your beloved Bush Administration.

The point here is not to point out any "resemblance" between the Rich & Libby cases, only the characters that the two situations share.

DEMON CUNT
07-10-2007, 09:36 PM
That said, I agree with you here. There is no resemblence. Clinton didn't pardon one of his own administration who had specifically done his bidding and was then convicted for it. Sure Rich paid off Clinton with campaign support, but that's different than following an illegal order. It's systematic obstruction of justice and it's unacceptable.

Totally!

stringfelowhawk
07-11-2007, 05:22 AM
Thank you Nick.... People like BBB are the reason I quit responding to posts for a while. I have no problem with an opposing opinion but there are better ways to address it. When you resort to that type of post you don't deserve a response. A blatant attack used to bait me into taking the gloves off but it occured to me one day I was waisting precious online time which would better be spent surfing porn.

When you defend this administration by resorting to the same "bully" like tactics it uses to quiet dissent and open debate you ultimately negate your point of view no matter how great or sound it may be.

Sorry.... Didn't mean to go all "Socrates" on you.

I apologize Show. I wasn't trying to steal your thunder.

Oh Shultz! Where to begin? At no point did I say or even think the 42nd president issued a single controversy free pardon. I was only pointing out the hypocricy being "Red Rovered" by both parties. Demon was right. I had a Pebbles flashback and thought I'd give everyone the "Benefit Of The Doubt". I figured you guys would realize just how corrupt our government has become when you see the common link between both of those pardons. I have no confidence in the people who are running our country. It may be run by two political parties but in the end they scratch each others back by pretending to govern on the falsehood of it being in the countries best interests on the behalf of its citizens. Practically all politicans should be on Broadway because they've put on one hellova show. They may seem to have different visions of our countries future and even disagree on "hot" political issues that divide us but their goal is self interests. There may be republicans and democrats but at the end of the day there is only ONE party in our goverment and it is the corrupt "Political" party. It just pisses me off because we let it become this and I feel nothing less than a revolution will correct it.

ODShowtime
07-11-2007, 08:13 AM
I apologize Show. I wasn't trying to steal your thunder.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to be a dick. My point was that these jokers have been doing the 'but clinton' routine since I got here. And it's been ridiculous since then. It's like having to watch "where eagles fly" every day as soon as you wake up.

Some people (BBB, Warsham) truly think that this is a logical response. :rolleyes:

It's funny how warham is totally disgraced and won't even come here anymore. Man we owned him so hard, so many times. But in the end, the gw supporters only end up owning themselves.

Sgt Schultz
07-11-2007, 09:47 AM
Oh Shultz! Where to begin? At no point did I say or even think the 42nd president issued a single controversy free pardon. I was only pointing out the hypocricy being "Red Rovered" by both parties. Demon was right. I had a Pebbles flashback and thought I'd give everyone the "Benefit Of The Doubt". I figured you guys would realize just how corrupt our government has become when you see the common link between both of those pardons. I have no confidence in the people who are running our country. It may be run by two political parties but in the end they scratch each others back by pretending to govern on the falsehood of it being in the countries best interests on the behalf of its citizens. Practically all politicans should be on Broadway because they've put on one hellova show. They may seem to have different visions of our countries future and even disagree on "hot" political issues that divide us but their goal is self interests. There may be republicans and democrats but at the end of the day there is only ONE party in our goverment and it is the corrupt "Political" party. It just pisses me off because we let it become this and I feel nothing less than a revolution will correct it.

I understand completely. Let's remember the premise of the start of this whole thread. Something along the lines of "How dare Chimpy commute Scooter's sentence TREASON TREASON!!"

The fact remains that Presidents do have this special power to commute or pardon - whomever they choose. I haven't defended the Libby commutation. My posts are a reaction to the OVERreaction of the Bush haters here.

Of course all of us here are prohibited from ever bringing up Clinton's name. I wonder if this same rule will apply post-Bush.......

BITEYOASS
07-11-2007, 04:42 PM
But Clinton But Clinton But Clinton But Clinton But Clinton BUT CLINTON......

Let me finish it:.....GOT A BLOWJOB!!! WAAAAAAHHHHHH!!! THOSE SHOULD BE MY CUM STAINS ON HER DRESS!! WHERE'S ANN COULTER WHEN I NEED HER!!! :sperm: :cry:

OK I'm done! :D

DEMON CUNT
07-11-2007, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Sgt Schultz
I understand completely. Let's remember the premise of the start of this whole thread. Something along the lines of "How dare Chimpy commute Scooter's sentence TREASON TREASON!!"

What would you call the leaking of confidential information concerning the CIA's investigation of nuclear weapons proliferation in the Middle East and the cover-up there off?

The fact remains that Presidents do have this special power to commute or pardon - whomever they choose. I haven't defended the Libby commutation. My posts are a reaction to the OVERreaction of the Bush haters here.

Gosh, I sure appreciate you trying to teach us liberals such a valuable history lesson with your unsourced copy/pastes. However, all of this "but Clinton" noise is nothing more than feeble attempts to make excuses for your beloved President Bush.

For the record I hate Bush not due to party affiliation, but for being a really shitty President.

Of course all of us here are prohibited from ever bringing up Clinton's name. I wonder if this same rule will apply post-Bush.......

Ahh, poor "Sgt" Slutz. You are such a victim of all us meanie Roth Army liberals!

You are not "prohibited" from saying anything here. Although, many of your silly notions will be mocked mercilessly for the poorly thought out propaganda that they really are.

You are the one that repeatedly chooses to justify Bush's actions (and attempt to relieve him from any responsibility) by referencing Clinton. Which is totally hilarious and totally lazy, by the way.

I encourage you to try and discuss the merits of the case without bringing up the Clinton obsession that you have been taught to maintain in order to deflect criticism from your Führer.

Keef
07-11-2007, 09:15 PM
Sorry, I wasn't trying to be a dick. My point was that these jokers have been doing the 'but clinton' routine since I got here. And it's been ridiculous since then. It's like having to watch "where eagles fly" every day as soon as you wake up.

Some people (BBB, Warsham) truly think that this is a logical response. :rolleyes:

It's funny how warham is totally disgraced and won't even come here anymore. Man we owned him so hard, so many times. But in the end, the gw supporters only end up owning themselves.

Well beyond the local forum idiots, there are quite a few that have these feelings as well.

I have heard it elsewhere that we as Americans deserve this mess for being so lazy. That sits as a lump in my stomach.

My wife passed away in 2003 from an illness that could have been treated. I jumped through so many hoops trying to get her the help she needed.

I felt numb, displaced and extremely confused when we went through this, and even more when she passed. We live in America godamnit.

It's barbaric and nothing anyone can say will change that.

DEMON CUNT
07-11-2007, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Keef
I have heard it elsewhere that we as Americans deserve this mess for being so lazy. That sits as a lump in my stomach.

Me too, bro. I feel like I have been watching a slow motion car crash.

My wife passed away in 2003 from an illness that could have been treated. I jumped through so many hoops trying to get her the help she needed.

I felt numb, displaced and extremely confused when we went through this, and even more when she passed. We live in America godamnit.

DUDE! My heart goes out to you. That is a lot to go through. I hope you are feeling better.

jhale667
07-12-2007, 12:08 AM

For the record I hate Bush not due to party affiliation, but for being a really shitty President.

:baaa:

And Keef, my condolences as well. Sorry to hear that. :(

Keef
07-12-2007, 09:48 PM
Me too, bro. I feel like I have been watching a slow motion car crash.

DUDE! My heart goes out to you. That is a lot to go through. I hope you are feeling better.

Doing fine normally. I had a few cocktails last night with some of our old friends and it got me thinking again. Haven't hung out with them in a bit.

I don't know what to think anymore, besides trying to stay as healthy as you can. But you can't ever tell these things.