PDA

View Full Version : BBC Pieces of Shit

Shaun Ponsonby
07-07-2007, 03:12 PM
So, I'm watching Live Earth on the BBC. We missed half of "Sad But True" because of them showing that Spanish fag Enrique Fucking Inglasias or whatever his fucking name is. OK, fair enough, you over ran. They show them play "Nothing Else Matters". Then, they cut to Jonathon Ross in the studio. You can hear Metallica still playing. They instead opt to show Crowded House somewhere else. They then opt to show Katie Melua, even though Metallica are still onstage. They don't go back to Metallica.

Spinal Tap come on. Again, you hear a song and a half and they decide to cut to Rhianna elsewhere. Again, when they are in the studio you can still hear Spinal Tap onstage.

And yet they showed all of the Black Eyed Peas, who were bloody awful. They didn't even play well for the kind of music they do. They were all over the bloody place.

They show all of every other artists throughout the day except Metallica and Spinal Tap...why? Are they scared of showing metal in prime time? There's been no explanation given.

So, I call the BBC to complain (I don't usaully do things like that...heat of the moment, been drinking a bit, pissed off and wanted to know if they'd show it later) and the guy on the other side of the line says they've had hundreds of complaints about that. But, as far as they know, they ain't gonna show their sets later on in the day. But, there's been no reason given for taking them off air.

Why the fuck do we pay for TV licenses for this pile of shite? Any other station would have shown them...

thome
07-07-2007, 03:24 PM
It's about, who the studios want to promote.

You already know this, it's about the messages durring the breaks not the bands/music.

It' about face time for ther anouncers, it's about money changing hands for commercial time.

Should I go on......

My op

ThrillsNSpills
07-07-2007, 04:40 PM
Damn, what a mess.

Sounds like the director and technical director need to be fired indefinately.

Maybe there was another video crew there that captured it properly so someone could actually see a whole performance.

thome
07-07-2007, 04:50 PM
They want you to by the DVD, uninterupted by commercials, they don't want you to record it.

Dig?

All in All the DVD is the Best way to go.

If you don't mind paying for a free concert to help the world.

Sponsored by Al Gore and all the favorites .

I hate myself for being so brutal(sarcasm) to these two faces MF'rs.

I just don't know why a -Geenuss-like Al Gore, who invented the internet, would align himself with a bunch of liars and con artists.

LstLkly2Succeed
07-07-2007, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
So, I'm watching Live Earth on the BBC. We missed half of "Sad But True" because of them showing that Spanish fag Enrique Fucking Inglasias or whatever his fucking name is. OK, fair enough, you over ran. They show them play "Nothing Else Matters". Then, they cut to Jonathon Ross in the studio. You can hear Metallica still playing. They instead opt to show Crowded House somewhere else. They then opt to show Katie Melua, even though Metallica are still onstage. They don't go back to Metallica.

Spinal Tap come on. Again, you hear a song and a half and they decide to cut to Rhianna elsewhere. Again, when they are in the studio you can still hear Spinal Tap onstage.

And yet they showed all of the Black Eyed Peas, who were bloody awful. They didn't even play well for the kind of music they do. They were all over the bloody place.

They show all of every other artists throughout the day except Metallica and Spinal Tap...why? Are they scared of showing metal in prime time? There's been no explanation given.

So, I call the BBC to complain (I don't usaully do things like that...heat of the moment, been drinking a bit, pissed off and wanted to know if they'd show it later) and the guy on the other side of the line says they've had hundreds of complaints about that. But, as far as they know, they ain't gonna show their sets later on in the day. But, there's been no reason given for taking them off air.

Why the fuck do we pay for TV licenses for this pile of shite? Any other station would have shown them...

That's pretty fucked up. Sort of ruins the only reason for watching Live Earth in the first place. Gotta think that it's just about showing what's popular. And, unfortunately, crap is popular nowadays.

Mr Badguy
07-07-2007, 07:19 PM
So far it`s been a load of shit.

I hope this is the last of these kind of concerts.

I don`t see what a high camp version of "La Isla Bonita" has to do with saving the world.

These cunts don`t care about saving the world, all they want is the PR that comes from participating in the event.

I`m pretty sure that goes for the majority of the crowd as well.

Would you have paid the ticket price to see that mediocre bill?

It`s like "The Wall" all over again, the band and the crowd being there for other reasons than they should be.

katie
07-07-2007, 07:21 PM
........The Foo Fighters kicked ass!

Mr Badguy
07-07-2007, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by katie
........The Foo Fighters kicked ass!

The whole thing should have kicked ass.

Live Aid was a global jukebox with loads of superstar bands playing their biggest hits.

Live 8 (which was only saved by Pink Floyd and The Who) and now this have turned out to be non events in terms of the concept of Live Aid.

Seshmeister
07-07-2007, 07:33 PM
I only caught Madonna miming at the end...

matt19
07-07-2007, 08:34 PM
ya what the fuck was with her strumming the guitar?

Nickdfresh
07-07-2007, 08:57 PM
I've seen none of this...

It's a shame because I consciously watched Live Aid a couple years back and thought overall that it kicked ass and lived up too the billing.

Sounds like I didn't miss much, but there's always YouTube to see what I did miss...

Seshmeister
07-07-2007, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by matt19
ya what the fuck was with her strumming the guitar?

The funny thing was when they faded her mike back in for thw 'crowd participation' bit and she was flat.

She sang one line and it was flat.:)

Madge as guitar hero..LOL.

Her control of feedback was amazing.

Jesus..

At the end of her set she was panting like a lapdog, that's fine she's 50 but pretending she was singing is insulting.

Cheers!

:gulp:

Nickdfresh
07-07-2007, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
The funny thing was when they faded her mike back in for thw 'crowd participation' bit and she was flat.

Jesus..

At the end of her set she was panting like a lapdog, that's fine she's 50 but pretending she was singing is insulting.

Cheers!

I just caught this on The Sundance Channel...

The two mildly retarded Gypsy dudes were hysterical...:D

And that old bag isn't half bad for 50....

PumpedUpMidget
07-07-2007, 11:51 PM
Madonna is a fucking embarrassment....

Terry
07-07-2007, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Mr Badguy
So far it`s been a load of shit.

I hope this is the last of these kind of concerts.

I don`t see what a high camp version of "La Isla Bonita" has to do with saving the world.

These cunts don`t care about saving the world, all they want is the PR that comes from participating in the event.

I`m pretty sure that goes for the majority of the crowd as well.

Would you have paid the ticket price to see that mediocre bill?

It`s like "The Wall" all over again, the band and the crowd being there for other reasons than they should be.

About the only such events that smacked of sincerity to me were the Concert For Bangladesh, the Concert For Kampuchea (both of which had artists rosters full of already well-established acts who didn't need the publicity), the first Live Aid and the first couple of Farm Aid shows.

Did the world really need a benefit concert for the memory of Princess Diana?

If it's just about raising money to throw at whatever cause, bands can make their own donations and encourage their fans to do the same via the web.

Live 8 had to be the most pathetic: "We're not actually trying to raise money as much as consciousness about the problem..." What-the-fuck-ever.

rustoffa
07-08-2007, 01:31 AM
Watch this.
:)

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/V8xv7Jt69Jo"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/V8xv7Jt69Jo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Romeo Delight
07-08-2007, 01:46 AM
http://cannabisculture.com/articles/3512.html

"The biggest rock group of the 70's, however, was Led Zeppelin, renowned for excess in all areas. They played the heaviest music and took the hardest drugs in the most copious quantities and are widely condemned as the progenitors of Heavy Metal, the kind of pretentious stadium rock perpetrated by boorish rock stars who snorted so much cocaine that they're headed for platinum septums. Cocaine became the essential rock 'n roll accessory in the 1970's and, consequently, rock music had become deadly dull."

http://www.mp3.com/beau/artists/21743072/the-greatest-bowie-album-of-the-1970s/topic/15823-135572/show_blog_entry.html

"From the early 70's, Bowie's Hunky Dory is unrivalled in it's beauteous command of songwriting, lyrical content, and the perfection of the art of festooning catchy melodies over darkly forbidden subject matter. In the mid to late 70's, despite the fact that Bowie himself can hardly recall recording it due to his profoundly extreme cocaine use"

Hmmm....I wonder what that dude meant when he said Dr. Hook "recently changed their style to adapt to the demands of current trends"??????

sadaist
07-08-2007, 02:05 AM
Live Earth sucked. I waited for The Police to save it, but sadly, Message in a Bottle being rapped to by Kanye West failed miserably. And when did Bon Jovi become a country music act? I haven't paid much attention to them since the 80's. Everlong from Foo Fighters was excellent and the high point for me. Never saw any Metallica.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
07-08-2007, 02:48 AM
Can't say I'll be boo-hooing about missing Metallica, but they should have been shown due to their popularity.

Va Beach VH Fan
07-08-2007, 11:11 AM

She was really wailing on those two notes, over and over and over and over again..... ;)

Shaun Ponsonby
07-08-2007, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by thome
They want you to by the DVD, uninterupted by commercials, they don't want you to record it.

Dig?

All in All the DVD is the Best way to go.

If you don't mind paying for a free concert to help the world.

Sponsored by Al Gore and all the favorites .

I hate myself for being so brutal(sarcasm) to these two faces MF'rs.

I just don't know why a -Geenuss-like Al Gore, who invented the internet, would align himself with a bunch of liars and con artists.

Every act, except Metallica, Spinal Tap and the Beastie Boys were shown in their entirety. Even the Pussytwat Dolls and James Cunt. Duran Duran Duran Duran Duran Duran Duran Duran were showed completely, some woman we've never heard of strumming acoustically, the fake Genesis, everybody except those THREE. Worst of all, they had Chris Moyles and Jonathon Ross on in the same studio.

And the BBC don't show commercials, thats why we have to pay a TV lisence over here...solely to pay for the BBC.

But, they didn't break off to show messages about global warming...they broke off to see artists who have sold less and play smaller venues than Metallica...like Rhinna, and in one instance, a native Brazillian singer who sang in Spanish with people dressed up as animals around her...why the fuck do we want to see that in the UK?

thome
07-08-2007, 04:53 PM
Every act, except Metallica, Spinal Tap and the Beastie Boys were shown in their entirety. Even the Pussytwat Dolls and James Cunt. Duran Duran Duran Duran Duran Duran Duran Duran were showed completely, some woman we've never heard of strumming acoustically, the fake Genesis, everybody except those THREE. Worst of all, they had Chris Moyles and Jonathon Ross on in the same studio.

And the BBC don't show commercials, thats why we have to pay a TV lisence over here...solely to pay for the BBC.

But, they didn't break off to show messages about global warming...they broke off to see artists who have sold less and play smaller venues than Metallica...like Rhinna, and in one instance, a native Brazillian singer who sang in Spanish with people dressed up as animals around her...why the fuck do we want to see that in the UK?

I assumed that it was the same situation as here in the USA.

My Bad.

We have to pay for cable TV to get any quality TV and also put up with
10 min of commercials within every hour long show.

Roth On.

FORD
07-08-2007, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Terry
About the only such events that smacked of sincerity to me were the Concert For Bangladesh, the Concert For Kampuchea (both of which had artists rosters full of already well-established acts who didn't need the publicity), the first Live Aid and the first couple of Farm Aid shows.

Well, that first Farm Aid show DID have it's moment of true horror.......

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YyyLshCQUEU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YyyLshCQUEU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Seshmeister
07-08-2007, 07:44 PM

Jesus..

Cheers!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/y451dOBybNU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/y451dOBybNU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Seshmeister
07-08-2007, 07:48 PM
At least Metallica played live.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GRevKJklhDM"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GRevKJklhDM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

ThrillsNSpills
07-08-2007, 09:29 PM
Pretty funny Madonna's line is Time Goes By so slowly over and over in an empty, repetitive tune. :)

WhoCares?
07-08-2007, 09:56 PM
And you people expected more from a media outlet run by a bunch of leftist twits?

Please

Anytime Hollywood, the "progressive" media nitwits or the majority of these so called "musicians" get together for a "cause", it's all about them

Global warming, which hasn't been proven yet, could indeed be a concern

But there lies the problem. It's a "cause" for these people, not a concern. They're a bunch of phonies. They fly all over the country in the gas guzzling jets & speak down to the "little people" about sacrificing & doing more for their "cause"

Screw these hypocrites

Al Gore is the spokeshole for this cause? He's a liar & an outright hypocrite. His mansion uses more power in one day than an entire nieghborhood uses in a week

Screw them all

Terry
07-08-2007, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Well, that first Farm Aid show DID have it's moment of true horror.......

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YyyLshCQUEU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YyyLshCQUEU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Was the first time I actually saw Ed and Hagar playing together after hearing about the Roth split, and my reaction today is pretty much the same as the one I had at the time: wasn't totally terrible (have heard covers of Rock and Roll that sounded far worse, and it sounded much better than the Van Hagar original material that was to follow), but even at that point one could hear Ed going on autopilot far as his playing went.

FORD
07-08-2007, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by WhoCares?
And you people expected more from a media outlet run by a bunch of leftist twits?

Please

Anytime Hollywood, the "progressive" media nitwits or the majority of these so called "musicians" get together for a "cause", it's all about them

But there lies the problem. It's a "cause" for these people, not a concern. They're a bunch of phonies. They fly all over the country in the gas guzzling jets & speak down to the "little people" about sacrificing & doing more for their "cause"

Screw these hypocrites

Al Gore is the spokeshole for this cause? He's a liar & an outright hypocrite. His mansion uses more power in one day than an entire nieghborhood uses in a week

Screw them all

Don't worry. I've heard rumors that FAUX Noize is putting together a concert for you 28% of morons who still can't pull your heads out of your asses.

It's called "Fuck Mother Earth 2007"

So far Ted Nugent, Sammy Hagar, and Charlie Daniels are on the bill. They tried to get Toby Keith, but his nuts were partially severed in a nasty sheepfucking accident, so he won't be singing for a while, unless the BeeGees need someone to replace one of their dead brothers.

I'm sure more brain dead hatemonger "talent" will sign up though.......

WhoCares?
07-08-2007, 11:20 PM
Cute comeback Army

The fact of the matter is these "elites" use more fuel & power in a year than most of us "little people" use in a lifetime

And please tell me where all of this money raised is going? Do you have any idea? Do you read the books?

I've researched that subject & found only a tiny fraction of money raised actually goes into fighting for whatever the cause at hand is

As for your assumption that I'm some crazed "right wing" ideologue, you're dead wrong

I hate both sides of the spectrum equally

It just so happens the radical left is behind these concerts, so I call a spade a spade

If they actually did some good, I applaud them, but these kind of affairs are nothing but money makers for the few & a chance for the "stars" to act like they're doing something

I'm not fond of hypocrites

Like the filthy rich Bono who lobby's for the AMERICAN TAXPAYER to continue sending billions to Africa so another tyrant can pocket the money while doing nothing about the problem of AIDS

So you're correct in one thing, ideologues from both extremes should pull their heads out of their asses & really attack certain problems, instead of holding "feel good" events

If you truly care about global warming or any other issue, it's you who should be demanding real action

Sorry dude, I call them as I see them

FORD
07-09-2007, 01:14 AM
Best performance of the day....

<object width="425" height="335"><param name="movie" value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/2O2cYs2sRRIn7hw0L"></param><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/2O2cYs2sRRIn7hw0L" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="335" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Redballjets88
07-09-2007, 01:21 AM
seriously? that was crap. i hate her music. she fukin sucks FORD, im ashamed of your taste at the moment

Dan
07-09-2007, 01:31 AM

What planet are you on?

Redballjets88
07-09-2007, 01:43 AM
i guess the massive hole in the ozone doesn't count as proof

FORD
07-09-2007, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by Redballjets88
seriously? that was crap. i hate her music. she fukin sucks FORD, im ashamed of your taste at the moment

Musically, Melissa Etheridge isn't one of my favorites. But the music is not what made that a powerful performance.

What you see there is what the brainless jackasses like Nugent and Toby Keith only pretend to be:

A true patriot, passionately trying to save her country.

(And she probably gets more pussy than both of them too.)

You didn't watch the whole clip, did you? ;)

thome
07-09-2007, 03:46 AM
I cannot say she has no talent, I cannot say she has no fans .

I can say iv'e seen her maybe 15 times, before she had her first album out.

I can say, I couldn't get past her walking onto the stage with guitar in hand.

I will say, I will leave it at that.

FORD
07-09-2007, 03:57 AM
Ah, so you prefer her older stuff then?

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DUdHzqSGnyU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DUdHzqSGnyU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

(No, this ain't the official video, but I have a feeling nobody's gonna care about that ;) )

thome
07-09-2007, 04:08 AM
yeah her old stuff had some twang but i would prefer that she would stop grieving over it and get down to it

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qfGwTvULx1A"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qfGwTvULx1A" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

I apologize to our more sensitive viewers

sadaist
07-09-2007, 04:16 AM
Best performance of the day....

<object width="425" height="335"><param name="movie" value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/2O2cYs2sRRIn7hw0L"></param><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/2O2cYs2sRRIn7hw0L" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="335" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

vs. The Police, Metallica, Foo Fighters? Figures you would enjoy some dried up vegan tree hugging can't get dick dyke who goes on a long winded political preach. Maybe the two of you could collaborate on your next BCE conspiracy newsletter.

I watched it live for what seemed like an eternity, went and made a roast beef sandwich, came back and she was still yapping. Yeah, that's right, beef. I'm doing my part to reduce the cattle flatulence that's destroying our environment by eating them bastards as fast as I can. Tomorrow...Porterhouse!

FORD
07-09-2007, 11:27 AM
Metallica? They weren't even live. They just played a tape from their 1992 set at the Freddie Mercury tribute.

(or might as well have. It was the exact same three songs)

sadaist
07-09-2007, 11:46 AM
Metallica? They weren't even live. They just played a tape from their 1992 set at the Freddie Mercury tribute.

They haven't released any material that's any good since then, so why not. Although a set list of Creeping Death, Disposable Heroes & Master of Puppets would have been cool.

ODShowtime
07-09-2007, 08:32 PM
So, I'm watching Live Earth on the BBC. We missed half of "Sad But True" because of them showing that Spanish fag Enrique Fucking Inglasias or whatever his fucking name is.

while it wasn't quite awful, US TV coverage also suffered from poor programming choices. 45 minutes of Duran Duran was actually pretty cool, but not at the expense of Metallica, who got ONE song. KT Turnstall, kanye west, kelly clarkson,black eyed peas, john mayer, smashing pumpkins and others all got WAY too much time. Beastie and Metallica get one song? The Chilis got like 3 or four. Roger Waters and the Police got a decent slot, but mayers and west shat all over Message in a Bottle.

I don't know. It was about what I expected. Some people just played way too many shitty songs in a row.

WhoCares?
07-09-2007, 10:39 PM
Yeah, WTF was Mayers & West doing onstage with the "Cops"?

I had no intention of even watching this typical TV BS but the wife & I were watching the tube with friends & she flipped it on when Metallica was onstage

I go "HOLD IT", I want to see this. They play like a minute of the song then go to some other doofus onstage

So, for the next 2 hours, I'm telling her "go back, go back & check. I wanted to see if the Police were on

I really wanted to see them

So, of course, the Polica are the last ones on

They go into Message In a Bottle & I'm digging it. Then out comes West to ruin the entire song with his hip-hop bullshit

I don't even remember what Mayer was doing

I'm like, "I should have known"

What a bunch of BS

sadaist
07-09-2007, 10:52 PM

They go into Message In a Bottle & I'm digging it. Then out comes West to ruin the entire song with his hip-hop bullshit

Reminded me of how Sean John Puffy P. Puff Diddy Daddy ruined Every Breath You Take by rapping about some dead thug.

ODShowtime
07-10-2007, 07:47 AM
Honestly I think mayer fucked it up worse. I might play a solo over the chorus or something, but I would NEVER, under any circumstances, try to play along over Andy's perfect arpeggios. It sounded like shit.

Shaun Ponsonby
07-10-2007, 12:44 PM

20 minutes? 3 or 4 songs? Not your audience? Best to play stuff that gets a most airplay...which they did (although, I did read they were gonna play For Whom The Bell Tolls).

Apparently they had around 500 complaints about cutting Metallica off. Thats around 400 more than complaints about bad language. Wouldn't mind so much if they cut everybody off a bit, but they didn't. Just Metallica, Spinal Tap and the Beastie Boys.

binnie
07-14-2007, 06:55 PM
Shaun, I absolutely agree and I also complained. I pointed out to the idiot on the end of the phone that Metallica has also sold more albums than just about any other artist on at Wembley.

What pissed me off more was not that they didn't show it, they then proceeded to mock Metallica for the rest of the day. Talk about being partisan BBC: not only do you not show us something, you then tell us its shit wihout actually bothering to let us see it outselves. Graham Norton doesn't like Metallica, what a fucking surprise!

Anyhow, I can tell you that the next night at Wembley stadium, Metallica kicked serious fucking ass, an unbelivable performance and a great day all round (with the excpetion of HIM who were terrible, as predicted)

Mr Badguy
07-14-2007, 07:09 PM
Wow, a week later and the world has largely forgotten about "Live Earth".

What a surprise.

binnie
07-14-2007, 07:11 PM
That's not stricktly true.

Madonna fans all over the world are ensuring that they turn all lights and appliances off.

It's bound to make a difference :)

Shaun Ponsonby
07-15-2007, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by binnie
Shaun, I absolutely agree and I also complained. I pointed out to the idiot on the end of the phone that Metallica has also sold more albums than just about any other artist on at Wembley.

What pissed me off more was not that they didn't show it, they then proceeded to mock Metallica for the rest of the day. Talk about being partisan BBC: not only do you not show us something, you then tell us its shit wihout actually bothering to let us see it outselves. Graham Norton doesn't like Metallica, what a fucking surprise!

Anyhow, I can tell you that the next night at Wembley stadium, Metallica kicked serious fucking ass, an unbelivable performance and a great day all round (with the excpetion of HIM who were terrible, as predicted)

HIM...the only band I've ever seen where I can honestly say I was bored. Utter shite.

I'm surprised they wern't bottled.

BBC are just too damn conservative. Dunno how they can justify not showing Metallica at Live Earth but can justify showing a series on the history of rock music weekly on Saturday Night prime time.

Shaun Ponsonby
07-15-2007, 11:55 AM

What a surprise.

Live Earth?

What's a Live Earth? :confused:

binnie
07-15-2007, 12:09 PM

I'm surprised they wern't bottled.

There were certainly attempts, but the stage is so damn far away. I believe that someone hit the keyboard player....

Shaun Ponsonby
07-15-2007, 06:53 PM
HA!

Lovely.

Just Lovely.

binnie
07-15-2007, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by sadaist
They haven't released any material that's any good since then, so why not. Although a set list of Creeping Death, Disposable Heroes & Master of Puppets would have been cool.

They played all three at Wembley the night after Live Earth, and a full rendition of "And Justice for all".

Seshmeister
07-15-2007, 08:05 PM

What a surprise.

It delivered what it was meant to....

http://www.dailysnack.com/celebrity_news_article.html?fSKU=7221

12/07/07

MUSIC’S stars are laughing all the way to the bank after their charity performances at Live Earth and Concert for Diana.

Madonna (pictured), Joss Stone, Fergie, Duran Duran and Foo Fighters are among those quids in after the gigs for good causes.

Industry experts say many of the acts have boosted their profile enough to make millions more – through CD and DVD sales, future gig and festival appearances and other spin-offs.

One expert revealed last night: "Each band or singer will make somewhere between £1 and £3 profit from every CD sold.

"They were clamouring to take part in these concerts because it makes them look like major players.

"Many will be able to claim six-figure appearance fees now. You only have to look at the way certain artists’ CDs have been flying off the shelves to see that a lot of money will be made out of these two concerts – even though no-one got an appearance fee.

"Some cynical observers might say there was more to it than just playing for a good cause. Especially as some of the acts might be seen to have been a bit past it before these last two weekends put them back in the spotlight."

Madonna, 48, who headlined Live Earth, has seen sales of her catalogue of music soar. Tesco said its combined download and in-store sales of her albums rose 420% the week before the gig.

HMV said sales of her Immaculate Collection album had more than doubled. And her Hey You track, inspired by the Live Earth, campaign, was also flying.

According to internet music and DVD retailer Play.com, Metallica enjoyed a staggering 800% rise in sales.

But they were outdone by Foo Fighters with a jaw-dropping 1,000% rise.

Sexy singer Fergie, 32 – who appeared at both gigs – has also been reaping the rewards.

The Black Eyed Peas songstress, also known for her solo success, saw sales jump by more than 130%.

Duran Duran will also cash in thanks to their back-to-back Wembley appearances.

Their sales went up 322% after their first outing and have continued to grow.

Joss Stone, 20, saw her album sales rise over 650% after the Concert For Diana.

But Genesis sales actually went down after Live Earth.

binnie
07-16-2007, 12:19 PM
The BBC can fuck off, call this an apology?

From Blabbermouth

John Plunkett of MediaGuardian.co.uk reports that the BBC has put out an apology after complaints from viewers that the set by METALLICA was not shown in full in its live coverage of the Live Earth concert from Wembley stadium in London, England.

The BBC was at pains to point out that the decision was not taken out of "prejudice about heavy metal music or any other music." Rather, it was a result of its efforts to broadcast from other Live Earth concerts from around the world.

To add insult to injury, however, the BBC misspelled the band's name on its complaints website.

"We received complaints from some viewers that the METALICA [sic] set was not shown in full," it said.

"This was a global event and we were keen to reflect the other concerts as well as the one in UK.

"We took editorial decisions in advance and on the day, about the times and places we would do that.

"Not all the tracks by every performer could be featured but we did transmit a full trail promoting our interactive coverage where digital viewers wanting to see the performances in full, could press the red button at any time.

"The concerts were very fluid in London and around the world and there was certainly no prejudice about heavy metal music or any other music; just a determination to do the best for the entire audience watching on BBC2 and BBC1 during the day.

"This is inevitably a fine balance and we cannot please everyone all of the time. However, we of course apologise if any particular viewers were disappointed."

One viewer, Cheryl Joyce from Northants, wrote to the Sun after the concert to complain. "I can't understand why METALLICA were cut short at Live Earth," she said. "They have a bigger following than most bands who were there."

Live Earth proved a ratings disappointment for BBC1, drawing less than a third of the audience that tuned in for the Concert for Diana the previous week.

Live Earth averaged 2.7 million viewers during its evening coverage, peaking with 4.5 million. The Diana concert peaked with 14.8 million.

Atomic_Rob
07-16-2007, 05:36 PM
The Diana gig was completely different to Live Earth. It was a memorial, a celebration of one persons life and people were supposed to go there, enjoy the music and come away feeling like they'd seen a great show.

Live Earth was about awareness, and basically everyone treated it the same as the Diana gig, they went only for the music.

I hate these kind of gigs, and just like Live8 when Pink Floyds and Razorshites record sales went up 500%, its happened again at this one.

All these new fuckin bands are fucking their mothers to play these gigs, it doesn't matter a fook what the cause is, they gain MASSIVE exposure from them.

I don't mind KT Tunstall, but playing the Giant's stadium? Definitely to raise her profile.

With regard to Metallica, I think the BBC made a desicion when they were added they would get about one song and thats it, because they will be loud, aggressive, probably swear and no one likes them.

Little did they know that Metallica were headlining the Stadium the night after.

Indie pop bull shit is in, metal and hard rock are out.

Half the fuckers at Wembley looked plain confused when the top of Stonehenge came from above.

binnie
07-16-2007, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Atomic_Rob

Half the fuckers at Wembley looked plain confused when the top of Stonehenge came from above.

I was wondering how many people there realized they are a spoof band. Probably not all that many...

Shaun Ponsonby
07-17-2007, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Atomic_Rob

I hate these kind of gigs, and just like Live8 when Pink Floyds and Razorshites record sales went up 500%, its happened again at this one.

Lets be fair...David Gilmour gave all the profits made from the 2000% rise in sales after Live 8 to charity, and urged others to do the same.

-------------

As to the BBCs apology, binnie, they think that's an explanation? That doesn't explain why they cut off Metallica, Spinal Tap and the Beastie Boys (I don't partiularly like their music, but still...) and nobody else throughout the whole day.

Scared of possible language? Phil Collins did it and nobody batted an eyelid, "its OK, the housewives like him".

I notice all day people were saying "like Queen at Live Aid"...people are still trying to follow up Live Aid. Nobody will do it successfully. I actually think it will be interesting to get everybody who played Live Aid (who is still alive) and re-do it. It'll be interesting to see. Maybe for the 25th anniversary. But actually give money to charity (unlike Live 8).

Yea, Live Earth was about awareness...of Al Gore's exsistance.

binnie
07-18-2007, 03:14 AM

As to the BBCs apology, binnie, they think that's an explanation? That doesn't explain why they cut off Metallica, Spinal Tap and the Beastie Boys (I don't partiularly like their music, but still...) and nobody else throughout the whole day.

I agree entirely. I was actually more pissed off that they couldn't even spell the name Metallica correctly!