PDA

View Full Version : Sheehan to Pelosi - Impeach Bush

sadaist
07-08-2007, 05:10 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070708/ap_on_el_ho/cindy_sheehan_pelosi

CRAWFORD, Texas - Six weeks after announcing her departure from the peace movement, Cindy Sheehan said Sunday that she plans to run against House Speaker Nancy Pelosi unless she introduces articles of impeachment against President Bush in the next two weeks.

Sheehan said she will run against the San Francisco Democrat in 2008 as an independent if Pelosi does not seek by July 23 to impeach Bush. That's when Sheehan and her supporters are to arrive in Washington, D.C., after a 13-day caravan and walking tour starting next week from the group's war protest site near Bush's Crawford ranch.

"Democrats and Americans feel betrayed by the Democratic leadership," Sheehan told The Associated Press. "We hired them to bring an end to the war. I'm not too far from San Francisco, so it wouldn't be too big of a move for me. I would give her a run for her money."

Messages left with Pelosi's staff were not immediately returned

Sheehan announced in May that she was leaving the anti-war movement and selling her 5-acre Crawford lot. She said that she felt her efforts had been in vain and that she had endured smear tactics and hatred from the left, as well as the right.

She plans to make her official announcement Tuesday after what is expected to be her final weekend at the Crawford lot, which she sold to California radio talk show host Bree Walker.

Sheehan first came to Crawford in August 2005 during a Bush vacation, demanding to talk to him about the war that killed her son Casey in 2004.

She became the face of the anti-war movement during her 26-day roadside vigil, which was joined by thousands. But it also drew counterprotests of Bush supporters, many who said she was hurting troop morale.

Sheehan, who has never held political office, recently said that she was leaving the Democratic Party because it "caved" in to the president. Last week, she announced her caravan to Washington, D.C., which she calls the "people's accountability movement."

"I didn't expect to be back so soon, but the focus is different than it was before," Sheehan said Sunday. "Instead of talking and making accusations, we're going into communities and talking to the people who've been hurt by the Bush regime. We're finding out how we can help people."

Sheehan said she lives in a suburb of Sacramento but declined to disclose the city, citing safety reasons.

sadaist
07-08-2007, 05:12 PM
She's doing a great job of staying out of the spotlight. I know some have called her an attention whore, I just can't figure out why.

Redballjets88
07-08-2007, 05:13 PM
sheehan would get crushed if she ran for office.

DrMaddVibe
07-09-2007, 10:15 AM
Run Bitch Run!

FORD
07-09-2007, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Redballjets88
sheehan would get crushed if she ran for office.

Sad but true. Pelosi is the AIPAC poster girl. And AIPAC doesn't like anyone who rejects their agenda. Just ask Cynthia McKinney.

Cindy is absolutely right though. Nancy Pelosi is Speaker of the House today because the American people spoke very clearly last November and are speaking even clearer now, and that message is CHIMPEACHMENT NOW!!!

FORD
07-09-2007, 11:15 AM
Much of US favors Bush impeachment: poll
Jul 6 03:59 PM US/Eastern
Nearly half of the US public wants President George W. Bush to face impeachment, and even more favor that fate for Vice President Dick Cheney, according to a poll out Friday.

The survey by the American Research Group found that 45 percent support the US House of Representatives beginning impeachment proceedings against Bush, with 46 percent opposed, and a 54-40 split in favor when it comes to Cheney.

The study by the private New Hampshire-based ARG canvassed 1,100 Americans by telephone July 3-5 and had an error margin of plus or minus three percentage points. The findings are available on ARG's Internet site.

The White House declined to comment on the poll, the latest bad news for a president who has seen his public opinion standings dragged to record lows by the unpopular war in Iraq.

The US Constitution says presidents and vice presidents can be impeached -- that is, formally charged by the House -- for "treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors" by a simple majority vote.

Conviction by the Senate, which requires a two-thirds majority, means removal from office.

Just two US presidents have been impeached: Bill Clinton was impeached in 1998 and acquitted in 1999; Andrew Johnson was impeached and acquitted in 1868. Disgraced president Richard Nixon resigned in 1974 when a House impeachment vote appeared likely.

In late April, left-wing Representative Dennis Kucinich, a long-shot Democratic presidential hopeful, introduced a resolution calling for Cheney's impeachment. To date, the measure has nine listed co-sponsors and a 10th set to sign on when the House returns to work next week.

But Democratic leaders appear unlikely to pursue such a course.

Copyright AFP 2005

Link (http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=070706195925.rdm9h3ci&show_article=1)

DEMON CUNT
07-09-2007, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
Run Bitch Run!

Surprise! MsSaddbawls pops her head out of the shit lagoon of ignorance just long enough to attack Sheehan again.

Goddam conservative hate mongers are really fucking boring!

Or, maybe this is what you said to Clay as things began to escalate (http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/07/08/arts/NA-A-E-MUS-US-People-Aiken.php) on that plane flight. Do you usually travel with Clay? Is he a good kisser?

ODShowtime
07-09-2007, 08:47 PM
oh man I don't want to have to hear about shit like this for the next year :rolleyes:

DrMaddVibe
07-09-2007, 08:47 PM
Run Cunt Run has a ring to it too!

FORD
07-09-2007, 09:21 PM

And you know this well, because it's what Clay says when he's chasing you around the bathhouse.

Sgt Schultz
07-09-2007, 09:34 PM
Cindy Sheehan
5/29/2007

"This is my resignation letter as the "face" of the American anti-war movement. This is not my "Checkers" moment, because I will never give up trying to help people in the world who are harmed by the empire of the good old US of A, but I am finished working in, or outside of this system. This system forcefully resists being helped and eats up the people who try to help it. I am getting out before it totally consumes me or anymore people that I love and the rest of my resources.

Good-bye America ...you are not the country that I love and I finally realized no matter how much I sacrifice, I can’t make you be that country unless you want it.

It’s up to you now."

I do hope she runs, and wins.

DEMON CUNT
07-09-2007, 10:18 PM

Have you ever been arrested for domestic violence?

DEMON CUNT
07-09-2007, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by FORD
And you know this well, because it's what Clay says when he's chasing you around the bathhouse.

Har!

http://www.sportsevents.net/events/images/clay_aiken.jpg

This one goes out to my sweet sweet MsSaddBawls...

sadaist
07-09-2007, 10:27 PM
I heard a clip of Sheehan today on the radio. She was speaking like she was guaranteed to win an election against Pelosi. Threatening her if she didn't start the impeachment process within two weeks. Somehow I doubt Pelosi is intimidated by this.