PDA

View Full Version : Is the BCE plotting another "terraist attack"

FORD
07-11-2007, 12:50 AM
July 10, 2007
White House Calls Meeting on Al Qaeda Threat: Report
By REUTERS

Filed at 9:03 p.m. ET

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The White House has called an urgent multi-agency meeting for Thursday to discuss a potential new al Qaeda threat on U.S. soil, ABC News reported on Tuesday.

Top intelligence and law enforcement officials have been told to meet in the White House Situation Room to report on steps to minimize or counter the threat and what steps are being taken to tighten security at government buildings, ABC said.

The meeting would be one of a number convened in light of new intelligence and information learned from the recent failed car bomb attempts in London, ABC reported, citing a senior U.S. administration official.

The unnamed official told ABC the level of concern of a new attack in the United States was now higher than it had been in some time.

A White House spokeswoman confirmed that after the attempted attacks in the United Kingdom, the U.S. government convened meetings to discuss the situation but added there was no credible evidence of an imminent threat.

"Counter-terrorism officials regularly meet, that is not unusual. We are taking all threats seriously and working to ensure we can keep the terrorists from striking at innocent people," White House spokeswoman Emily Lawrimore said in an e-mail.

Law enforcement officials said the botched bombings in London provided clues about possible tactics, ABC reported.

Two car bombs were found in London and a fuel-packed jeep was rammed into Glasgow Airport in Scotland two weeks ago. British Prime Minister Gordon Brown said both plots were associated with al Qaeda.

ABC News cited senior U.S. intelligence officials as saying that new information suggests a small al Qaeda cell was on its way to the United States or may already be in the country.

Separately, U.S. Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff told the Chicago Tribune's editorial board his "gut feeling" is that the United States faces an increased risk of attack this summer.

Chertoff said his assessment was based on past patterns of terrorists in Europe, intelligence he did not disclose and recent al Qaeda statements, the Tribune reported.

"Summertime seems to be appealing to them. ... We worry that they are rebuilding their activities," Chertoff told the newspaper.

Al Qaeda's No. 2, Ayman al-Zawahiri, has spoken out regularly in audio-taped messages in recent months. In the latest recording, posted on the Internet on Tuesday, the Egyptian cleric threatened more attacks on Britain.

Link (http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/news/news-usa-security-threat.html?_r=1&oref=slogin)

FORD
07-11-2007, 12:53 AM
At what point do 'suggestions' become threats?
Tuesday, July 10 2007 @ 11:42 EDT
Contributed by: Stranger

I posted earlier about the Bush administration's latest bit of fear-mongering - the story that says an Al Qaeda cell is either on the way to this country, or already here. I treated it as the joke it is in that post, but after reading a couple of other articles, I'm curious as to what the administration is up to. I'll try to keep the tin-foil hat wearing to a minimum, but at the same time there are a lot of random quotes that raise questions in my head.

You've probably read about DHS chief Michael Chertoff's interview with the Chicago Tribune, in which he mentioned a 'gut feeling' that an attack was about to happen on US soil. The following is from a Newsday analysis of the interview.

Fearing complacency among the American people over possible terror threats, U.S. Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff said in Chicago Tuesday that the nation faces a heightened chance of an attack this summer.

"I believe we are entering a period this summer of increased risk," Chertoff told the Chicago Tribune's editorial board in an unusually blunt and frank assessment of America's terror threat level.

"Summertime seems to be appealing to them," he said of al-Qaeda. "We do worry that they are rebuilding their activities."

Still, Chertoff said there are not enough indications of an imminent plot to raise the current threat levels nationwide. And he indicated that his remarks were based on "a gut feeling" formed by past seasonal patterns of terrorist attacks, recent al-Qaeda statements, and intelligence he did not disclose.

[...]

"We've seen a lot more public statements from Al Qaeda," he said. "There are a lot of reasons to speculate about that but one reason that occurs to me is that they're feeling more comfortable and raising expectations.

"We could easily be attacked," Chertoff added. "The intent to attack us remains as strong as it was on Sept. 10, 2001."

Wait a second. If the Bush administration has been telling us for years that they are the only thing standing between this country and another terror attack, why does Chertoff state that we could 'easily be attacked?' What have they been doing for the past six years?

But Chertoff's statement is mild compared to other Republicans. About a month ago, I blogged about Arkansas Republican chairman Dennis Milligan and the odd comment he made in an interview with the Northerwest Arkansas News. Basically, he came right out and said the one thing that would reverse Bush's massive unpopularity would be a terrorist attack on American soil. The wistful tone is what really bothered me about it - he actually said that a terrorist attack is what we need..

“At the end of the day, I believe fully the president is doing the right thing, and I think all we need is some attacks on American soil like we had on [Sept. 11, 2001 ], and the naysayers will come around very quickly to appreciate not only the commitment for President Bush, but the sacrifice that has been made by men and women to protect this country,” Milligan said.

And of course, this article would not be complete without the Fucking-Crazier-Than-Thou wing of the Republican party weighing in. Rick Santorum said this on the Hugh Hewitt Show:

"Between now and November, a lot of things are going to happen, and I believe that by this time next year, the American public’s going to have a very different view of this war, and it will be because, I think, of some unfortunate events, that like we’re seeing unfold in the UK. But I think the American public’s going to have a very different view," said the former senator from Pennsylvania.

I find it difficult to interpret that paragraph as anything other than a threat against this country. Santorum doesn't bother to qualify this threat with an 'I believe' or an 'It's a possibility.' He's coming right out and saying that between now and November, there will be a series of events that will change the public's view of the mess in Iraq. No maybe about it.

People need to start looking at what these people are saying a little - no, a lot - more closely, and calling them out as to exactly what they mean and where this stuff is coming from. People like Santorum and Milligan, who are lower on the GOP totem pole, are coming right out and advocating or predicting attacks within this country. Chertoff occupies a high-profile job in the Bush administration, so he couches the same message inside rhetoric about 'gut feelings' - but these people are all saying the same thing.

While I take the latest warning of possible attacks in this country with a huge grain of salt - after all,how many times have we heard stories like this in the past six years? - I will say this. If an attack happens on US soil any time soon, someone had better have the presence of mind to ask Chertoff, Milligan and Santorum point-blank why they seemed to know so much about the future.

It's getting to the point where these can no longer be considered idle speculation. They are starting to sound far too much like threats.

Link (http://www.blah3.com/article.php?story=20070710234237484)

FORD
07-11-2007, 12:59 AM
Santorum Suggests New Terror Attacks Will Change View Of War

Former Senator predicts "unfortunate events" within a year that will alter perceptions

Paul Joseph Watson
Prison Planet
Saturday, July 7, 2007

In an alarming display of fearmongering, former Republican Senator Rick Santorum has suggested that a series of "unfortunate events," namely terrorist attacks, will occur within the next year and change American citizen's perception of the war.

Appearing on the Hugh Hewitt radio show, Santorum also hyped the necessity of "confronting Iran in the Middle East," and predicted that Giuliani, Romney and Tommy Thompson would be the three surviving Republican candidates who would go head to head in the race for the nomination.

Santorum went on to clearly imply that terror attacks will occur inside America which will alter the body politic and lead to a reversal of the anti-war sentiment now dominating the country.

"Between now and November, a lot of things are going to happen, and I believe that by this time next year, the American public’s going to have a very different view of this war, and it will be because, I think, of some unfortunate events, that like we’re seeing unfold in the UK. But I think the American public’s going to have a very different view," said the former senator from Pennsylvania.

Is Santorum expressing foreknowledge of some coming atrocity or is he merely using a tactic familiar to the leadership of his party - exploiting the fear of terror for the purposes of political rhetoric?

Last month, the new chairman of the Arkansas Republican Party Dennis Milligan said that there needed to be more attacks on American soil for President Bush to regain popular approval.

"At the end of the day, I believe fully the president is doing the right thing, and I think all we need is some attacks on American soil like we had on [Sept. 11, 2001]," Milligan told the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, "And the naysayers will come around very quickly to appreciate not only the commitment for President Bush, but the sacrifice that has been made by men and women to protect this country," he concluded.

Yearning for new mass casualty terror attacks for political gain is a GOP strategy - Milligan is merely parroting what was written in a leaked confidential memo that was circulated among senior Republican leaders in late 2005.

"A confidential memo circulating among senior Republican leaders suggests that a new attack by terrorists on U.S. soil could reverse the sagging fortunes of President George W. Bush as well as the GOP and "restore his image as a leader of the American people," reported Capitol Hill Blue on November 12, 2005.

Link (http://www.propagandamatrix.com/articles/july2007/070707changeview.htm)

FORD
07-11-2007, 01:06 AM
And let's not forget what Pat Robertson claimed that "God" told him earlier this year.......

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/W0hWAxJ3_Js"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/W0hWAxJ3_Js" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

jhale667
07-11-2007, 01:15 AM
Disturbing. These guys are practically calling for attacks with statements like that...

The Milligan quote "I think all we need is some attacks on American soil " Dude, STFU...:mad:

FORD
07-11-2007, 01:24 AM
That pisses me off. But the Santorum statements are even more disturbing. It sounds like he KNOWS exactly what they're up to. And Pat probably does as well, since he seemed a little more sure of this prediction than the "massive tsunamis in the Pacific Northwest" which God supposedly promised him would happen in 2006.

Which didn't happen, by the way.

DEMON CUNT
07-11-2007, 01:29 AM
Go Bush, go! Bush Administraion in trouble? Here comes the terror!

http://www.pbs.org/kcet/senioryear/stories/images/5_1.jpg

"I say bring it on." I have a lot of duct tape and plastic left.

http://www.vaemergency.com/emupdate/archives/articles/03mar/images/ducttape.jpg

Nickdfresh
07-11-2007, 08:44 PM
I recall hearsing something a while ago in which Bush's little staff-minions were going over wet-dream scenarios as too how fearless leader could get out of the approval rating doldrums...

And yup! One of the main ones was a terrorist attack that would reunify us. Well, al Qaida may well be 'rebuilding,' but they're able to do so because generalissimo Bush decided to ignore them and launched the Gulf War II...

Of course, it was also said that another big terror attack in the US would simply make Bush the first pResident that presided over two large terror attacks on the homeland...

Baby's On Fire
07-11-2007, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by DEMON CUNT
Go Bush, go! Bush Administraion in trouble? Here comes the terror!

http://www.pbs.org/kcet/senioryear/stories/images/5_1.jpg

"I say bring it on." I have a lot of duct tape and plastic left.

http://www.vaemergency.com/emupdate/archives/articles/03mar/images/ducttape.jpg

What about canned goods, bottled water a pee-bottle and VH albums w/ CD player? So you can hide in the basement when the Muslims try and spray Cyanide gas into the air ducts, like they were "imminently" about to do a few years ago?

DEMON CUNT
07-11-2007, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Baby's On Fire
What about canned goods, bottled water a pee-bottle and VH albums w/ CD player? So you can hide in the basement when the Muslims try and spray Cyanide gas into the air ducts, like they were "imminently" about to do a few years ago?

True 'dat!

Don't forget the bong!