PDA

View Full Version : Road Trip to San Francisco and Telegraph

DeadOrAlive
07-12-2007, 09:38 AM
Man I'm totally stoked because my girlfriend and I are going down to San Francisco and then Telegraph today. I'm so fucking excited that I woke up at 5:30 even though we're leaving at 8.

We'll head out to Ocean Beach, then Haight Ashbury (personal favorite), Union Square, probably the aquarium on Fisherman's Wharf, later out to Berkley and Telegraph.

Yeahhh I probably missed something but my girlfriend knows all the details. Best part is that she's driving me so I get to relax.

I CAN'T WAIT.

...My rant is over.

Jimmy Jingles
07-12-2007, 09:50 AM
Say hello to Pojo...

Be sure to check out the seals on the wharf. Chinatown is cool. Maybe take in a jumper or two from the Golden Gate. Oh...make sure to take care of the homeless.

S.F. has some of the most imaginative bums in the nation!

BITEYOASS
07-12-2007, 09:54 AM
How is the reefer over there, if you don't mind me askin? LOL

Jimmy Jingles
07-12-2007, 10:22 AM
Never had the please to light up in San Fran.

I'm always there on business, so I need to be somewhat coherent!

:smoke2:

DeadOrAlive
07-13-2007, 01:58 AM
Got back and it was awesome. Couldn't find the Bush Man in Fisherman's Wharf but the trip was totally fun.

I'd do Golden Gate but the toll is like 6 bucks or something... totally a ripoff. You get to see it from a distance, and that's good enough.

I visit San Fran often, usually every two to three months. Totally worth it for the inner-city experience, along with some crazy bums and awesome stores.

Nitro Express
07-13-2007, 02:42 AM
I spent a lot of time in San Fransisco growing up. My parents had lots of friends in the bay area and my older brother was going to Stanford so SF was always part of the summer road trip.

Some of our friends were Chinese so we used to go to Chinatown. The Golden Dragon resturaunt we used to go to got shot up by Chinese mafia a few years back. We also went to some cool hole in the wall resturaunts.

A friend of ours has made a fortune there remodeling old homes and reselling them.

Hardrock69
07-13-2007, 08:56 AM
I lived around 62nd and Shattuck in Oakland back in 1975. It was a wild scene.
:cool:

BITEYOASS
07-13-2007, 01:27 PM
Did any of you ever see some ranting and raving lunatic named Michael Weiner roam the streets? LOL

Nitro Express
07-13-2007, 07:18 PM
My mom used to live in the Haight in the 50's when she was going to college. Then a decade later it turned into hippie hell.

chi-town324
07-13-2007, 10:30 PM
bay area native here...lived in Oakland, San Leandro, Fremont

mako_kimura
07-13-2007, 10:51 PM
Same here, Livermore and Pleasanton

Hardrock69
07-16-2007, 12:43 PM
I remember taking the BART to Fremont to apply for a job at the Ford assembly plant there.

3 weeks later after failing to find work (I was only there for a couple of months) I moved back to Kans-ass.

I get a call 2 days after I got back to Kansas from my roommate in Oakland saying Ford had called and they had a job for me.

Oh well. What the hell....

DeadOrAlive
07-18-2007, 05:32 AM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
I lived around 62nd and Shattuck in Oakland back in 1975. It was a wild scene.
:cool:

DUDE!!! I have a friend who lives by 63rd and Telegraph (CLOSE TO SHATTUCK). How radical man!!

I wouldn't mind living in the city... I have to finish high school first though.

Hardrock69
07-18-2007, 10:01 AM
I used to get approached by hookers down where Shattuck runs into Telegraph when I was walking downtown to the unemployment office lol.

"Hey honey, how about a date?"

"No thanks".

HEre...I found this at http://local.live.com

Looking west, I lived in the apartment where the red arrow is. It is actually on the SW corner of 61st and Shattuck. I used to go to a liquor store over at 62nd and Telegraph all the time.

http://i16.tinypic.com/4xllrud.jpg

DeadOrAlive
07-18-2007, 02:30 PM
This is crazy, I walked by it a ton of times in my life. The ghetto school is right across the street too.

The hookers nowadays are kinda creepy. They look like they've been coked out every single minute of the day. Who woulda guessed, it's right near Oakland :D

Hardrock69
07-19-2007, 01:35 AM
No shit lol!!

There used to be a pay phone on the corner across the street from my apartment and across from the school.

Kids used to wait there for the bus everyday after school, so I went over to the phone one day and wrote down the number.

Then the next day when the kids were waiting, I called the pay phone. This one kid answered it, and I convinced him I was God and could see everything he did. Of course he did not believe me at first, but then I described what he was wearing, and how many kids were hanging around the bus stop.

I told him I was up in the sky, and he better be a good kid, or I would make him burn in hell!

:D

The kid promised to be good lol.

Dan
07-19-2007, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
No shit lol!!

There used to be a pay phone on the corner across the street from my apartment and across from the school.

Kids used to wait there for the bus everyday after school, so I went over to the phone one day and wrote down the number.

Then the next day when the kids were waiting, I called the pay phone. This one kid answered it, and I convinced him I was God and could see everything he did. Of course he did not believe me at first, but then I described what he was wearing, and how many kids were hanging around the bus stop.

I told him I was up in the sky, and he better be a good kid, or I would make him burn in hell!

The kid promised to be good lol.

LOL,You Got Em.