PDA

View Full Version : honolulu baby??

mewisemagic
05-05-2004, 07:50 PM
is this boot(song)well known??ive never heard or seen it before,i just d/loaded it-sounds pretty cool..if this is a rare one,yall let me know so i can share it..

Big Troubles
05-05-2004, 07:55 PM
from www.classicvanhalen.com (2:44)

"One version of this original was recorded on 6/03/76 at The Starwood In Hollywood, CA. It has also been called "Kissin' and Squeezin'."

During this particular performance, Dave explained the inspiration behind the song. He had fallen in love with a woman from Waikiki and wanted to write a song about her. He couldn't think of anything that rhymed with Waikiki, so he titled the song "Honolulu Baby. " Dave concluded the song's introduction by saying, "With any luck we'll release this next summer and get a hit!"

mewisemagic
05-05-2004, 08:09 PM
cool shit!~!

cwsmith17
05-09-2004, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by Big Troubles
from www.classicvanhalen.com (2:44)

"One version of this original was recorded on 6/03/76 at The Starwood In Hollywood, CA. It has also been called "Kissin' and Squeezin'."

During this particular performance, Dave explained the inspiration behind the song. He had fallen in love with a woman from Waikiki and wanted to write a song about her. He couldn't think of anything that rhymed with Waikiki, so he titled the song "Honolulu Baby. " Dave concluded the song's introduction by saying, "With any luck we'll release this next summer and get a hit!"

Big Troubles is a tool, but she is a diehard Roth fan and she knows her shit.