PDA

View Full Version : Tammy Faye fights lung cancer

VanHalener
07-20-2007, 02:24 AM
I always hated Tammy Faye and Jim Baker for their lies and deceit, and I have always wondered how she was able to skirt the law and not face jail time. She never did go to jail like her husband, did she?

Well, Vanhalenette and I were watching television tonight when we happened upon the Larry King show and spotted Tammy Baker. HOLY SHIT MAN!

Tammy has lung cancer and is unable to eat anything but rice pudding and chicken soup due to complications.

Anyway, when I saw her on Larry King I could not believe my eyes. She weighs 60 pounds and is in what seems to be a living hell. If you have not seen the interview here is some of it...
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xWtMgBKOHuw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xWtMgBKOHuw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Opinions?

Nitro Express
07-20-2007, 03:03 AM
So many evangelist get in trouble and it's been so long I forgot what her husband and her did. She seemed cool enough on the Surreal Life but I always felt sorry for her because she looked like shit before she was sick.

ELVIS
07-20-2007, 03:20 AM
Not that bad...

http://www.havelshouseofhistory.com/Tammy%20Faye0001.jpg

:elvis:

FORD
07-20-2007, 03:52 AM
I've known 2 people that have died from cancer in the last two years and a third who is on his way, and none of them ever looked that bad, even at death's door.

Without the 5 lbs of makeup, I wouldn't have recognized her at all.

Cancer sucks ass. :(

And for that matter, why doesn't Tony Snow go home and be with his family, rather than spend his last days on this world lying for war criminals. He's not looking as bad as Tammy, but he's obviously not looking like his old right wing self.

sadaist
07-20-2007, 03:53 AM
I don't care who she is or what she has done in the past...I don't want to see ANYONE in a condition like that. Props to her for being a fighter. She's been dragged through a lot of shit in her life.

sadaist
07-20-2007, 03:59 AM
Originally posted by FORD

I'm sorry about your friends Ford. And I agree with you 100% on this one.

VanHalener
07-20-2007, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by sadaist
I don't care who she is or what she has done in the past...I don't want to see ANYONE in a condition like that.
You know it, sadaist. I felt so bad for her when I saw her; kind of like wanting to pull a person out of quicksand, but you just can't reach them.

And for that matter, why doesn't Tony Snow go home and be with his family, rather than spend his last days on this world lying for war criminals. He's not looking as bad as Tammy, but he's obviously not looking like his old right wing self.

vanhalenette is my hero and I am so proud of her.
My sweet girl has fought cancer twice now and she has faced the enemy with great courage. She got the eye of the tiger, and no matter the outcome her life is going to procede as normally as possible. I imagine Mr Snow feels the same.

It's tough, but it's all about fighting the good fight, living, and loving.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FR7fLk1kyKM"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FR7fLk1kyKM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Hardrock69
07-20-2007, 09:30 AM
CNN has a spot on their site where you can submit questions to Larry King to ask his guests.

I wrote in:

Please ask Tammy Faye the following:

"Are you ready to suck Jesus's cock? And if that fails, are you prepared to be ass-raped for eternity by Satan?"

I am assuming Larry King did not ask that question.

Too bad. But then, I have always felt her and her husband were a waste of space.

Someday soon, there will be a little bit more in the way of resources available for other more deserving humans to use.
:rolleyes:

If she is down to 60 pounds, she is going fast. They said the other day she weighed 65.

I predict she will be gone by the end of next week.

Hardrock69
07-20-2007, 09:44 AM
Oh and for those of you who have lost loved ones to cancer, my extreme condolences and sympathy.

Kudos to those who have fought the big C and won.

tajmahal
07-20-2007, 10:08 AM
I saw the interview and I could not believe it. For all the crap she may have done in the past I give her credit for showing herself on TV in that state of condition.
The other person I felt really bad for was Christopher Reeves wife. After everything she went through she got lung cancer even though she did not smoke. When she sang at Mark Messiers retirement that was awesome. I feel sorry for their son. Losing two parents sucks big time.

BITEYOASS
07-20-2007, 10:33 AM
I pray she recovers and hope she lives longer, so her and Jim will outlive Pat Robertson. Him and Jerry Falwell totally backstabbed the bakers.

Mr. Vengeance
07-20-2007, 10:42 AM
It has actually been so long that I forget if she was actually involved in bilking people of thier money. I guess she was in part, being on the show begging and crying.

On Surreal Life she did show a different side of herself. Someone who actually may have changed. I don't know if I'd wish cancer on her, although there are a lot of people who I would.

Nitro Express
07-20-2007, 10:11 PM
I've known 2 people that have died from cancer in the last two years and a third who is on his way, and none of them ever looked that bad, even at death's door.

Without the 5 lbs of makeup, I wouldn't have recognized her at all.

Cancer does suck. My sister and I were lucky to have survived our boughts with it, but I never felt the same since I had my cancer treatments. It did something to me.

Tammy looks more like an AIDS patient. I'm not saying she is but I have lost two friends to AIDS. Maybe Ron Jeremy is HIV and he gave it to Tammy when he gave her the hard one on the Surreal Life?

Nitro Express
07-20-2007, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
CNN has a spot on their site where you can submit questions to Larry King to ask his guests.

I wrote in:

"Are you ready to suck Jesus's cock? And if that fails, are you prepared to be ass-raped for eternity by Satan?"

Too bad. But then, I have always felt her and her husband were a waste of space.

Someday soon, there will be a little bit more in the way of resources available for other more deserving humans to use.

If she is down to 60 pounds, she is going fast. They said the other day she weighed 65.

Damn dude. I thought I was hardcore mean on people I didn't like. I think you kicked my ass with this post!

Ally_Kat
07-20-2007, 10:49 PM

Is his really that bad? I saw him on the tv the other day and he looked pretty good to me.

Ally_Kat
07-20-2007, 10:51 PM
Serious question: didn't she divorce her husband after everything came out in the wash? I thought that was why she was with the new hubby.

Diamondjimi
07-20-2007, 11:05 PM

I wrote in:

Agreed !

She was accomplice to the bilking of millions of $$$ from people who put their trust in them (the Bakkers)...

Fuck her . Karma is a bitch and cancer is a motherfucker.
It does'nt bother me one fuckin bit when bad things happen to bad people....

I think she'll be getting ass-raped by "Satan" soon enough. But not before John Holmes has a go at her.

Hardrock69
07-21-2007, 12:28 AM
Yeah she did Divorce Jim Bakker.

But then, the only reason she divorced his ass is because he got caught, got sent to the slammer, and she needed to find some other moron to take advantage of so she could continue to buy stock in Max Factor.

Uhhh..Ron Jeremy fucked her in the Surreal Life? Is this true? :eek:

Diamondjimi
07-21-2007, 12:35 AM

Uhhh..Ron Jeremy fucked her in the Surreal Life? Is this true? :eek:

Nah , I heard he only gave her a facial.:D

FORD
07-21-2007, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
Cancer does suck. My sister and I were lucky to have survived our boughts with it, but I never felt the same since I had my cancer treatments. It did something to me.

I'd think that going through any kind of serious disease or condition is going to change your life in a number of ways. Facing death certainly would alter one's perspective. In any case, happy to hear that you and your sister both beat that shit!

Tammy looks more like an AIDS patient. I'm not saying she is but I have lost two friends to AIDS. Maybe Ron Jeremy is HIV and he gave it to Tammy when he gave her the hard one on the Surreal Life?

Considering that old Jimmy Bakker used to get it on with guys in the PTL steam room and Jessica Hahn in hourly rent motels, the HIV risk is certainly there. But given Tammy's later embrace of the gay community and advocacy of HIV/AIDS related issues, I doubt she would remain silent about being HIV positive herself, if that were the case.

Unchainme
07-21-2007, 01:18 AM
She seemed like a reasonable person on the Surreal Life...She seems like a better christian now and someone you could have a conversation with...I wish her well, and hopefully she is a True christian as the one on Surreal life...Not like she was in the 80's.

chi-town324
07-21-2007, 08:39 AM
it is true you reap what you sow

VanHalener
07-21-2007, 09:03 PM
Just found out Tammy is dead.

Baby's On Fire
07-21-2007, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by diamondjimi
Agreed !

She was accomplice to the bilking of millions of $$$ from people who put their trust in them (the Bakkers)...

Fuck her . Karma is a bitch and cancer is a motherfucker.
It does'nt bother me one fuckin bit when bad things happen to bad people....

I think she'll be getting ass-raped by "Satan" soon enough. But not before John Holmes has a go at her.

Those religious idiots desrved it for being so stupid.

I have no sympathy for religious freaks who get bilked. ZERO.

FORD
07-21-2007, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by vanhalener
Just found out Tammy is dead.

Yeah, I just heard that myself. :(

Rest In Peace, Tammy.

Hopefully you aren't going the same direction Falwell did.

Nickdfresh
07-21-2007, 09:53 PM
Sorry to hear this...

sadaist
07-21-2007, 10:18 PM
Sad. R.I.P.

Hardrock69
07-22-2007, 03:05 AM
Wow...my prediction was off by...oh..6 whole days?

WOOHOO!!!!
:D

Hardrock69
07-22-2007, 03:07 AM
She said she was having trouble eating, which was why she had lost so much weight.

She shoulda tried SMOKING FUCKING POT!!!

FORD
07-22-2007, 03:56 AM
She said she was having trouble eating, which was why she had lost so much weight.

She shoulda tried SMOKING FUCKING POT!!!

Smoking anything can't be easy when breathing itself is difficult.

She should have baked some brownies.

sadaist
07-22-2007, 04:42 AM
This is still very surreal to me (sorry for the unintended pun). First, I didn't realize she was so ill until I viewed that clip. That hadn't even sunk in when I found out she had died. What strikes me the most is her attitude on Larry King's show. One day left on this earth, she's in pain, and can hardly breathe, yet she still seems to have a positive attitude. Still trying to smile & send out hope & love.

I hope she's getting that burger & fries with ketchup.

Antman
07-22-2007, 10:37 AM
Sad to say she passed away last night. RIP.

Baby's On Fire
07-22-2007, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Sorry to hear this...

Why are you sorry? Are you forgetting she stole millions of dollars from people, and ruined their lives?

Even though those people were stupid, she doesn't deserve a free pass.

EAT MY ASSHOLE
07-22-2007, 08:00 PM

She should have baked some brownies.

That'd done a heckuva job. ;)

MERRYKISSMASS2U
07-22-2007, 08:20 PM
Everybody here bashing her needs to get a heart.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
07-22-2007, 08:33 PM
Perfect song for corrupt preachers (Jim Bakker):

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Hd6ISmCPHgg"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Hd6ISmCPHgg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

PumpedUpMidget
07-22-2007, 08:55 PM
I always thought she was a wingnut until I saw her on 'The Surreal Life'...didn't mind her so much after that...

fryingdutchman
07-22-2007, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by MERRYKISSMASS2U
Everybody here bashing her needs to get a heart.

And everybody here kissing her ass and placing her on a pedestal needs to get a clue.

Is it sad that she got cancer and died? Yes. I'll give her that much. It must have been a horrible end.

But perhaps that's what God does to you when you invoke his name as part of a scheme to swindle honest, gullible sheep out of their hard-earned money.

Just because she was able to wash her hands of the whole affair while Jim Bakker took the fall and did the time doesn't mean she was innocent.

Her second biggest crime was that talk show with Jm. J. Bullock...

Matt White
07-22-2007, 10:27 PM
“Let he that is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone at her.”

There are such things as Forgiveness & Redemption, not to mention Judgement...otherwise we'd all be in trouble....

Always sad when somebodie's Mom passes away....:(

RIP

fryingdutchman
07-22-2007, 10:41 PM
Yeah, I just heard that myself. :(

Why so glum, FORD?

You want to talk about criminal empires?

How about the original BCE? The Bakker Criminal Empire, of which Tammy was a participant until ol' Jimmy got caught and then she pleaded ignorance with mascara running down her face.

What about the billions bilked from poor gullible souls just looking for something to believe in?

Nitro Express
07-23-2007, 03:17 AM
Is Jim Baker still alive or did Allah melt him down to nothing with disease too?

fryingdutchman
07-23-2007, 05:15 AM
Is Jim Baker still alive or did Allah melt him down to nothing with disease too?

He still lives...

fryingdutchman
07-23-2007, 05:26 AM
Originally posted by Matt White
“Let he that is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone at her.”

There are such things as Forgiveness & Redemption, not to mention Judgement...otherwise we'd all be in trouble....

Always sad when somebodie's Mom passes away....:(

RIP

I feel ya Matt...to a point.

Sure...we're all sinners in one way or another. But sins come in all different shapes and sizes. Most of the sins that guys like you and I are guilty of are probably things in the order of "personal vices"....y'know...the "sex, drugs, and rock and roll" type sins. The kind that don't really have any effect on others or hurt them in any way.

But the Bakkers....they probably ruined thousands of lives with their unbridled greed.

I'm sure there are stories out there that we have never heard about. Old folks who gave away their last dime to those crooks and got nothing in return. Young people with young families who dug themselves a hole so deep that they're still in it to this day.

People who put a gun in their mouth and pulled the trigger after realizing they'd been had by Jim and Tammy Faye. Maybe it wasn't even the loss of the money that did it. Instead it was their complete loss of faith in the human race and their ability to trust people. The fact that other humans acting as representatives of God on Earth could ultimately turn out to be such lowlifes had to be devastating to a lot of the PTL faithful.

Sure...these people were gullible and stupid and gave away money they didn't have to give, but it doesn't change the fact that the Bakkers didn't care about that...as long as the money kept coming in.

FORD
07-23-2007, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by fryingdutchman
Why so glum, FORD?

You want to talk about criminal empires?

How about the original BCE? The Bakker Criminal Empire, of which Tammy was a participant until ol' Jimmy got caught and then she pleaded ignorance with mascara running down her face.

What about the billions bilked from poor gullible souls just looking for something to believe in?

As a Christian, nothing pissed me off more at the time than the PTL & Swaggart fiascos (which seemed to happen one right after the other)

But as far as I could tell, Tammy repented of her role in the PTL swindle, which apparently wasn't that much to begin with. It's certainly no stretch of the imagination to say the woman was naive about what her ex husband was up to half the time.

And Tammy used the remainder of her days on earth trying to bridge the divide between Christianity and the gay community, and also doing a lot for AIDS awareness, etc.

She made up for whatever her part in the PTL circus was, in my opinion.

VanHalener
07-23-2007, 01:40 PM
For the longest time I felt it would serve justice if the Bakkers would have bought the farm in a horrible car crash, or by way of some other nasty ending for all their bullshit scamming. Sure those that gave to them were naive and subject to incriminations of stupidity, but the Bakkers were right there at the helm of the good ship Corruption.

Have they felt real sorrow, regret, or remorse for all their deeds? I could not tell you because I never spent time following their progress, nor do I know them personally.

Was she truly repentant? I don't know for sure, but my guess would be that she was. She was trooper right up to the end and I guess I can completely forgive the woman now. God is going to sort these things out anyway.

Rest in Peace Tammy

:cato2: :daisy: :cato2:

Redballjets88
07-23-2007, 05:04 PM
I feel bad for her because I think in the end after all the crap that went down she was a good person and repented from what she may or may not have been apart of.

I feel that Baker pales in comparison to Benny Hinn who gets his flock of sheep so entranced in his vision that they are pretty much hypnotized by him. Watch the videos of him and then see a hypnotist it's the same thing. The difference is that a hypnotist doesn't demand everyone's money when the show is over.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
07-23-2007, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by MERRYKISSMASS2U
Perfect song for corrupt preachers (Jim Bakker):

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Hd6ISmCPHgg"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Hd6ISmCPHgg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

I believe this was my first metal album. \m/

Unchainme
07-23-2007, 05:32 PM
The only really good Televanglist I have respect any respect for would probably be Billy Graham. I had to read his bio back in Middle School..(I went to a Christian School.), He seems like the cleanest of the bunch.

Little Lamont
07-23-2007, 05:36 PM
Anybody seen any of those Robert Tilton Farting Videos? Too funny.

Here's one:
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/2006/07/fartingpreacher.html

MERRYKISSMASS2U
07-23-2007, 05:48 PM
Yeah, he's the scum of the earth, Lamont.

I've actually had the displeasure of meeting him in real life. He was at a convention (nothing to do with religion).

fryingdutchman
07-24-2007, 05:55 AM
Anybody wanna buy a Christian Theme Park?

It's a bit of a "fixer upper"...

Follow the link for pics of the Bakker's old "Heritage USA" park.

Abandoned amusement parks are COOL!

http://illicitohio.com/SBNO/heritage/heritage01.html

Nitro Express
07-25-2007, 02:32 AM
You could film some good Scooby Doo episodes in that "Love Jesus!" ponzi wreck.

Baby's On Fire
07-26-2007, 11:07 PM
Tammy Faye was a cunt, plain and simple. A fucking hypocritical, phoney, scheming, falsely religious asshole.

VanHalener
07-27-2007, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by fryingdutchman
Anybody wanna buy a Christian Theme Park?

It's a bit of a "fixer upper"...

Follow the link for pics of the Bakker's old "Heritage USA" park.

Abandoned amusement parks are COOL!

http://illicitohio.com/SBNO/heritage/heritage01.html
What the hell... Spend a few mill in repairs and I'd have my very own Van Halen theme park.:cool: Trust me, you do not want to ride Eruption if you have any heart problems.:hitch:

Originally posted by Baby's On Fire
Tammy Faye was a cunt, plain and simple. A fucking hypocritical, phoney, scheming, falsely religious asshole.
Don't hold it back. How do you really feel about her? ;)

Redballjets88
07-27-2007, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by Baby's On Fire

Seriously dude what the fuck is wrong with you? YOu are the most unhappy miserable human being I have ever met. Do me a favor reach behind you and pull the stick out of your ass then take some anti-depressents.