PDA

View Full Version : James Hetfield blasts "gullible" corporate whore media

FORD
07-22-2007, 01:40 AM
METALLICA's JAMES HETFIELD: 'It's Scary How Gullible And Easily Fooled The Press Is!' - July 20, 2007

METALLICA guitarist/vocalist James Hetfield has released the following statement via the group's official web site:

"In the last few weeks there have been a lot of rumors flying around saying that I was detained by airport security in London while on tour in Europe. I'm here to tell you that it never happened . . . pure fabrication! The story is simply that there is no story. It's scary how gullible and easily fooled the press is!

"With that said, we had a blast out there on the 'Sick of the Studio' tour and big thanks to everyone who came out to the shows and to the crew who made it happen. Now back to the studio…"

Britain's The Times claimed that Hetfield was held and questioned due to what friends called his "Taliban-like beard." According to the paper, the METALLICA singer was briefly questioned before "red-faced" officials realized he was a rock star.

For Whom The LINK Tolls..... (http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=77236)

matt19
07-22-2007, 10:39 AM
LMAO!

MERRYKISSMASS2U
07-22-2007, 11:07 PM
He came out and falsified this to further get his name in the "whore media".

Why is Metallica important?

matt19
07-22-2007, 11:57 PM
Why is Megadeth important?

MERRYKISSMASS2U
07-23-2007, 12:03 AM
Because they still create quality records.

matt19
07-23-2007, 12:05 AM
Well thats a opinion.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
07-23-2007, 12:08 AM
True. But take a look at the reviews of United Abominations vs St. Anger.

Then we can talk about relevance.

FORD
07-23-2007, 01:33 AM
St. Anger WAS an abomination.

Redballjets88
07-23-2007, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by FORD
St. Anger WAS an abomination.

Emphasis on the wrong word FORD. Abomination would work better. The way you wrote that makes it seem as if it was an abomination but no longer is.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
07-23-2007, 01:57 AM
I hereby resign from the title of "Grammar Whore", and pass the crown to Redball.

:D

J/k

Redballjets88
07-23-2007, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by MERRYKISSMASS2U
I hereby resign from the title of "Grammar Whore", and pass the crown to Redball.

J/k

haha I don't think so. I just read that FORD post out loud and was like "did that album get better with time or something?"

MERRYKISSMASS2U
07-23-2007, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by Redballjets88
"did that album get better with time or something?"

No. That album was more like vinegar than fine wine.

Redballjets88
07-23-2007, 02:08 AM
I didn't even give it a listen, but the Metallica fans I knew all hated it.

FORD
07-23-2007, 02:24 AM
Emphasis on the wrong word FORD. Abomination would work better. The way you wrote that makes it seem as if it was an abomination but no longer is.

Good point. I used "was" because I listened to the album once and then tried to block it out of my mind forever. So it IS past tense as far as I'm concerned. Just like VDIII.

Redballjets88
07-23-2007, 02:26 AM
Im proud to say I have listened to neither, I remember when VHIII came out I was in 4th grade and I thought, who is this gay band and weird singer trying to be cool.

binnie
07-23-2007, 02:51 AM
Hetfield didn't make this up.

The British media did....

MERRYKISSMASS2U
07-23-2007, 03:41 PM
I;m proud to say I have listened to neither.

Same! I listened to part of "Frantic" and gave up.

Nickdfresh
07-23-2007, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by MERRYKISSMASS2U

J/k

LMFAO!

His writing is improving though...

stringfelowhawk
07-28-2007, 09:01 PM
St. Anger is total shit. I would rather listen to garage inc. or even Reload over that. I remember when it came out I was in the Navy and the local Clearchannel station played one of the songs as a preview and everyone in the shop had a spontaneous WTF is this horse shit? After the negative press and everything surrounding the Napster deal this was the best they could do?
The guitar work sucked ass on that. I know Kirk is only passable as a guitarist and all but this was even below standards for him. He needs to learn how to use a wah peddle. There's very little he did that I can say was good imo. I like "One", "Master of Puppets" and "Fade To Black" but that's about it as far as his playing goes. I like Metallica and listen to em often but those three songs are the only ones I like his playing on.

Baby's On Fire
07-30-2007, 06:43 PM
Why was James riding a plane when he could just ride the lightning?

Nickdfresh
07-30-2007, 06:49 PM
I have one Metallica album, Black, in DVD-Audio. But I never got what the big deal is, they're just way overrated...