PDA

View Full Version : Fuck Walmart........The Truth...

Eddie's Booze
07-23-2007, 06:25 PM
Wal-Mart Punishes Workers for Standing Up

WalMart

Sources

Wal-Mart's recent announcement that it will close down its store in Jonquière, Quebec, is much more about its hostile labor relations strategy than its bottom line. The company says the store will close because it hasn't turned a profit. But, a closer look at Wal-Mart's practice of opening and closing locations suggests its anti-union stance might be a more accurate reason for its decision.

Wal-Mart operates over 3,600 stores,1 and opens as many as 60 new stores every month in the United States.2 It is rare for a Wal-Mart to close its doors. In fact, during the past two fiscal years Wal-Mart has closed only one of its stores without opening a bigger one in its place.3

But when faced with the prospect of having its Jonquière store operate under a union contract, Wal-Mart decided to close down the third North American store in the chain's history where workers organized a union.

The Jonquière store workers organized their union through a commonly-used process known as majority verification, in which a majority signed cards authorizing the union to bargain with Wal-Mart. When workers asked the Canadian government to act as an arbitrator in contract negotiations in early February, Wal-Mart responded by announcing it would close the store.

Wal-Mart asserts the store wasn't profitable, a claim the corporation first made just weeks after the store's union was recognized in September 2004.4 However, there have been no previous reports of North American Wal-Mart stores shutting down for lack of profitability since FY 2003.5

Wal-Mart's History of Unionbusting
Nearly 200 workers will lose their jobs simply because Wal-Mart has chosen to shut its doors in Jonquière rather than negotiate fair and decent terms of employment.6 Wal-Mart's announcement sends a clear message to its employees worldwide: unionize and you will lose your job. Wal-Mart is developing a habit of closing down unionized sections of its workforce. When 11 meat cutters at a Texas Wal-Mart voted to form a union in 2000, the company suddenly eliminated meat-cutting positions in all of its stores nationwide, an illegal but effective move that stopped union organizing dead in its tracks.7

Why Wal-Mart Matters
As the largest company in the world, Wal-Mart’s labor relations strategies are emulated not just among its competitors, but also among its vendors who are cutting costs on the backs of their workers to meet the retail giant’s demands. In a handful of towns and cities, concerned community members, small and socially-responsible businesses, and public interest groups are demanding that Wal-Mart meet certain standards as a good employer and corporate neighbor before entering their communities. Wal-Mart’s hostile labor relations strategy is a choice, not a fiscal necessity. Workers and communities across the country will continue to remind Wal-Mart that “everyday low” wages and benefits are no bargain at all.

>> Read a Letter Signed by Academics and Researchers Urging Wal-Mart to Honor Workers' Rights in Response to Wal-Mart's Store Closing Announcement.

http://araw.org/walmart/unionbusting.cfm

http://araw.org/images/wal-mart-unionbusting-495.jpg

:mad:

TongueNGroove
07-23-2007, 07:38 PM
So what? WalMart does not have to deal with Unions if it doesn't want to and you don't have to work there if you don't want to....that is what we in America call a free society.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
07-23-2007, 07:40 PM
Ok, I am lost....

How is this going to be tied to Halliburton or Bush?

matt19
07-23-2007, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by TongueNGroove
So what? WalMart does not have to deal with Unions if it doesn't want to and you don't have to work there if you don't want to....that is what we in America call a free society.

You are a god damned idiot. It is illegal to fire someone for speaking about a union, Wal-Mart doesnt want a union because they cant intimidate the individual worker if there is one. I used to work there.

:rolleyes:

Dan
07-23-2007, 08:17 PM
Is WalMart like K-Mart?

Nickdfresh
07-23-2007, 08:28 PM
Related. (http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22829)

FORD
07-23-2007, 09:44 PM

Only a fascist moron could believe that a free society could even fucking EXIST without Unions. :rolleyes:

FORD
07-23-2007, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Dan
Is WalMart like K-Mart?

It's like K-Mart in terms of the type of store it is, But it's much worse in it's actual business practice.

The typical WalMart scenario is to move into the outskirts of a small town. Because WalMart is a huge chain, they are able to buy in huge bulk at cheap wholesale prices, and then pass on cheaper retail prices that the locally owned small businesses can't compete with. Many small town cores have been completely devastated by Wal Mart's predatory nature. And this was their business model before most of their merchandise was made in China. Now it's even worse.

Of course, ToungeNAss would probably call that "free market capitalism", but in reality it is anything but that. It's not a free market when competition is impossible.

The first attempt Wal-Mart made to locate in this town, they attempted to evict a trailer park full of senior citizens on fixed incomes. Luckily the old folks won that battle, but they eventually built a WalMart elsewhere anyway.

I've only been there once. And it was like walking into Hell.

Redballjets88
07-23-2007, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Only a fascist moron could believe that a free society could even fucking EXIST without Unions. :rolleyes:

That is very true, but some of the unions out there are almost crazy with their rules and regulations. I don't mind living in a right to work state.

Redballjets88
07-23-2007, 10:06 PM
Wal-mart sucks ass. Many cities won't let them come in, because all they do is run out small mom and pop type places and fuck of the city's economics. The city i live in won't allow Wal-Mart and I'm glad.

jhale667
07-23-2007, 10:53 PM

It's simple logic for them, really...treating people like humans and having to pay a fair wage = UNPROFITABLE. :mad:

thome
07-23-2007, 11:27 PM
Ok hot rods what is a decent wage for standing around stocking shelves in a air conditioned retail warehouse with things and junk.

They start at average first year wage of 8.23 pr hour .

The minnimum wage today is 5.15 per hr.

Here is what I want you to do, take your trade whatever it is, hire some person, then in 6 months bump them to your 15 years experience level pay.

Or you can go to walmart and blow everyone there with a t-shirt on that says -I am a simple minded jaggoff with no concept of what is
going on outside of my own personal bitch-.

Or this one would do just the same -I care for the downtrodden worker force that is given a oportunity to work and training to get a start in
a decent career but I still feel you are not getting paid enough therefore you must also recieve a blow job from me because I am not just blowing steam at some website I really care..-

Where would people who have no other ambition, other than to work at Walmart, work if there wasn't any Walmarts.
\
How many positions are there were you work, hire one today .

Go help the stockboy that thinks he can do Donald Trumps job.

Lets artificially increase his wage to satisfy the union so Walmart and every supplier down the line can raise there costs to compensate the lost wages on their end.

Unions another Hand up in your Pocket.

They want a piece of your check.

FIGHT THE POWER!!

Redballjets88
07-23-2007, 11:36 PM
Thome, they might have above minimum wage pay and shit, but they are still assholes. My great-aunt worked at a wal-mart for 10 years, and that point she was supposed to get some good full time benefiets, the day that she got her 10 year sticker, they kicked her down to part-time and over the next 2 months dropped her weekly hours to nearly nothing. That's bullshit right there.

thome
07-24-2007, 12:17 AM
Drag about you Aunt.

I am not baggin on her but my thing has always been There are 500 jobs in the classifieds every day.

If I felt uncomfortable I found a diff job.

It is what it is when you work at a place that askes for no experience .

If your aunt worked her way to understanding how to better her position she should take that knowlege and direct it somewhere else.

More money better co.

Dan
07-24-2007, 12:25 AM
It's like K-Mart in terms of the type of store it is, But it's much worse in it's actual business practice.

The typical WalMart scenario is to move into the outskirts of a small town. Because WalMart is a huge chain, they are able to buy in huge bulk at cheap wholesale prices, and then pass on cheaper retail prices that the locally owned small businesses can't compete with. Many small town cores have been completely devastated by Wal Mart's predatory nature. And this was their business model before most of their merchandise was made in China. Now it's even worse.

Of course, ToungeNAss would probably call that "free market capitalism", but in reality it is anything but that. It's not a free market when competition is impossible.

The first attempt Wal-Mart made to locate in this town, they attempted to evict a trailer park full of senior citizens on fixed incomes. Luckily the old folks won that battle, but they eventually built a WalMart elsewhere anyway.

I've only been there once. And it was like walking into Hell.

Thanks for that.:)

Little Texan
07-24-2007, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by Redballjets88
The city i live in won't allow Wal-Mart and I'm glad.

There's no Wal-marts in Dallas? I was not aware of that! Of course, I don't get up that way often enough to notice.

davidbmc
07-24-2007, 01:05 AM
i worked at walmart for a year and had no gripes. thats not to say sucky things havent happened to others.

as far as unions go-i am in okc and the GM plant shut down last year because it was unprofitable. I had a relative working there who had been cleaning toilets for 20 years at $35 an hour.

Unions helped get this country on a sensible course during the industrial revolution but have lost their minds today.

the union contract that was signed two years ago as acceptable will be called "unacceptable working conditions" whenthe contract expires next month.

FORD
07-24-2007, 02:17 AM
Republican propaganda has been shitting all over unions since Reagan was in the White House. And unfortunately, they have been successful in their slander. And as unions have declined, jobs have been outsourced, conditions for the few jobs remaining have gotten worse, and the middle class is disappearing.

The robber barons and fascists are close to winning. As if the unions were never here. As if FDR were never President. Hell, as if TEDDY Roosevelt were never President, for that matter, seeing as how Teddy knew that corporations getting too big was bad for the country.

It's time to bring back the trustbusters AND the Unions, and restore this country.

TongueNGroove
07-24-2007, 04:47 AM
You see, the problem is you guys are all communists. You have never had a thought about creating your own business, all you care about is someone else taking care of you. You want the government to ensure you get all the healthcare you need, you want unions to insure you make however much money you think you deserve.

How about this, how about you start your own business then you can pay yourself whatever the fuck all you want. Then you can also see the other side of the coin where the government and unions try to take everything you worked your ass off for and hand it to the lazy and uneducated.

Get your head out of your ass and make your own way. Go out of the cave and drag something home instead of expecting the government and unions to do it for you.

Redballjets88
07-24-2007, 05:18 AM
Originally posted by Little Texan
There's no Wal-marts in Dallas? I was not aware of that! Of course, I don't get up that way often enough to notice.

I live in a suburb about 15 minutes north

Redballjets88
07-24-2007, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by thome
Drag about you Aunt.

I am not baggin on her but my thing has always been There are 500 jobs in the classifieds every day.

If I felt uncomfortable I found a diff job.

It is what it is when you work at a place that askes for no experience .

If your aunt worked her way to understanding how to better her position she should take that knowlege and direct it somewhere else.

More money better co.

It might be easy for you but when you are a 60 year old woman it is a little tougher.

BITEYOASS
07-24-2007, 11:48 AM
That is very true, but some of the unions out there are almost crazy with their rules and regulations. I don't mind living in a right to work state.

And I bet you don't mind getting fucked in the ass by your employer. I live in a right to work state and I'm a member of The International Brotherhood of Teamsters Chapter 612. I get workers health insurance and get paid $10 an hour, pretty damn good for working in Alabama part-time. So I hope you enjoy those slave wages there Redballlicks69. :D Cause if it wasn't for Unions, than we would all live in shantytowns.

Angel
07-24-2007, 11:59 AM
The city i live in won't allow Wal-Mart and I'm glad.

Fuck, are you ever full of shit. If there's no Walmart in Dallas, what the fuck do you call all of these?:

Store Finder
Search Results We found 20 stores near 75201 : 1. Dallas (Hall), TX 75204
2. Dallas (W), TX 75211
3. Dallas, TX 75228
4. Dallas, TX 75238
5. Dallas, TX 75228
6. Dallas, TX 75244
7. Farmers Branch, TX 75244
8. Garland, TX 75041
9. Dallas (Sw) (Duncvl, TX 75237
10. Dallas, TX 75243
11. Mesquite, TX 75150
12. Balch Springs, TX 75180
13. Mesquite, TX 75149
14. Richardson, TX 75081
15. Richardson, TX 75080
16. Dallas (Prestwd), TX 75248
17. Garland, TX 75043
18. Irving, TX 75061
19. Lancaster, TX 75146
20. Desoto, TX 75115

Link: http://www.walmart.com/cservice/ca_storefinder_results.gsp?serviceName=ALL&sfatt=ALL&rx_title=&rx_dest=%2Findex.gsp&sfsearch_zip=75201

Does anybody want to buy this little puppy? I'm getting bored with owning him....

BITEYOASS
07-24-2007, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Angel
Fuck, are you ever full of shit. If there's no Walmart in Dallas, what the fuck do you call all of these?:

Store Finder
Search Results We found 20 stores near 75201 : 1. Dallas (Hall), TX 75204
2. Dallas (W), TX 75211
3. Dallas, TX 75228
4. Dallas, TX 75238
5. Dallas, TX 75228
6. Dallas, TX 75244
7. Farmers Branch, TX 75244
8. Garland, TX 75041
9. Dallas (Sw) (Duncvl, TX 75237
10. Dallas, TX 75243
11. Mesquite, TX 75150
12. Balch Springs, TX 75180
13. Mesquite, TX 75149
14. Richardson, TX 75081
15. Richardson, TX 75080
16. Dallas (Prestwd), TX 75248
17. Garland, TX 75043
18. Irving, TX 75061
19. Lancaster, TX 75146
20. Desoto, TX 75115

Link: http://www.walmart.com/cservice/ca_storefinder_results.gsp?serviceName=ALL&sfatt=ALL&rx_title=&rx_dest=%2Findex.gsp&sfsearch_zip=75201

Does anybody want to buy this little puppy? I'm getting bored with owning him....

About 20% of the population has their head up the ass in this country lately. And make sure you don't give the puppy to an NFL player. :D

Redballjets88
07-24-2007, 01:59 PM
I live in a suburb about 15 minutes north

learn to fucking read fat bitch.

Eddie's Booze
07-24-2007, 02:43 PM
BTW, Fuck Garth Brooks as well.....

http://www.walmartworkersrights.org/

matt19
07-24-2007, 03:38 PM
Ok hot rods what is a decent wage for standing around stocking shelves in a air conditioned retail warehouse with things and junk.

They start at average first year wage of 8.23 pr hour .

The minnimum wage today is 5.15 per hr.

Here is what I want you to do, take your trade whatever it is, hire some person, then in 6 months bump them to your 15 years experience level pay.

Or you can go to walmart and blow everyone there with a t-shirt on that says -I am a simple minded jaggoff with no concept of what is
going on outside of my own personal bitch-.

Or this one would do just the same -I care for the downtrodden worker force that is given a oportunity to work and training to get a start in
a decent career but I still feel you are not getting paid enough therefore you must also recieve a blow job from me because I am not just blowing steam at some website I really care..-

Where would people who have no other ambition, other than to work at Walmart, work if there wasn't any Walmarts.
\
How many positions are there were you work, hire one today .

Go help the stockboy that thinks he can do Donald Trumps job.

Lets artificially increase his wage to satisfy the union so Walmart and every supplier down the line can raise there costs to compensate the lost wages on their end.

Unions another Hand up in your Pocket.

They want a piece of your check.

FIGHT THE POWER!!

God Damn thome you are fucking retarded. I cant believe you think this is logical thought. Wal-Mart will lay you off for cheaper labor. Wal-Mart doesnt tolerate people that ask questions. And they dont "respect the individual" as they claim. They will intimidate you until you conform or you will be fucking out of there.

Steve Savicki
07-24-2007, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by FORD The first attempt Wal-Mart made to locate in this town, they attempted to evict a trailer park full of senior citizens on fixed incomes.
I'd say that's enough to ruin Wally's credibility completely.

DeadOrAlive
07-24-2007, 04:12 PM
They're still on Wal Mart? I thought this trend ended and it was all about Hybrids.

Nickdfresh
07-24-2007, 04:31 PM
You see, the problem is you guys are all communists....

Like HOW?! By demanding that production is outsourced to a COMMUNIST country, like China? (Read my previous link!)

Yeah genius. Who's fucking America again?

Steve Savicki
07-24-2007, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Eddie's Booze
BTW, Fuck Garth Brooks as well.....

http://www.walmartworkersrights.org/
Well, that's one less talentless artist filling up another store's music racks... not saying that anything of today's music really is talented.

Maybe Garth's absent from the music racks makes room for more Van Halen CDs on the floor LOL!

FORD
07-24-2007, 06:14 PM
Well, now we know what they removed from Chimpy's ass last weekend...... It was ToungeNAss's head.

jhale667
07-24-2007, 06:58 PM
Well, now we know what they removed from Chimpy's ass last weekend...... It was ToungeNAss's head.

Judging by his last idiotic post, that sounds right...what a maroon....! :D

TongueNGroove
07-24-2007, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Like HOW?! By demanding that production is outsourced to a COMMUNIST country, like China? (Read my previous link!)

Yeah genius. Who's fucking America again?

Umm hello? This thread is about Wal-mart vs. Unions, it has nothing to do with the way Wal-Mart buys most of its goods from China and under cuts American companies’ therefore causing loss of American jobs.

If you want to talk about that then fine, but don't judge my stand on Wal-Mart vs. Unions to mean that I am all for everything Wal-Mart does. I think Wal-Mart is really hurting this country for the reasons mentioned above.

So why don't you learn how to read the subject matter and try not to apply an apple argument to an orange statement.

thome
07-24-2007, 10:04 PM
Umm hello? This thread is about Wal-mart vs. Unions, it has nothing to do with the way Wal-Mart buys most of its goods from China and under cuts American companies’ therefore causing loss of American jobs.

If you want to talk about that then fine, but don't judge my stand on Wal-Mart vs. Unions to mean that I am all for everything Wal-Mart does. I think Wal-Mart is really hurting this country for the reasons mentioned above.

So why don't you learn how to read the subject matter and try not to apply an apple argument to an orange statement.

They can't cause they have no -True Game- just a need to suckle the teet of non-selfreliance or the will to stay on topic when the going gets tough.

That is why every post ends with a Bush Co statement or a your an ass statement.

Their fav is to critisize your ability to splel.

I just know all those Union workers they are so concerned about have College degrees.

jhale667
07-24-2007, 10:32 PM
They can't cause they have no -True Game-

As if YOU do. Unless posting like a retarded chimpanzee is considered "game".

That is why every post ends with a Bush Co statement or a your an ass statement.

No, for the last fucking time, it's http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h217/jhale667/your.gif an ass.

Their fav is to critisize your ability to splel.

What part of "your idiotic posts induce headaches" do you NOT get? :D If you write like a moron, what would lead anyone to think you're anything but?

I just know all those Union workers they are so concerned about have College degrees.

Irrelevant. All they're asking for is a living wage and fucking benefits like healthcare. What does a degree have to do with that?
And perhaps people mention Bushco in these threads because their administration has not only condoned, but endorsed such shitty business practices?
Wal-Mart's monopolistic selling practices go hand-in-hand with their anti-union approach, stupid.

thome
07-24-2007, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by jhale667
As if YOU do. Unless posting like a retarded chimpanzee is considered "game".

No, for the last fucking time, it's http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h217/jhale667/your.gif an ass.

What part of "your idiotic posts induce headaches" do you NOT get? :D If you write like a moron, what would lead anyone to think you're anything but?

Irrelevant. All they're asking for is a living wage and fucking benefits like healthcare. What does a degree have to do with that?
And perhaps people mention Bushco in these threads because their administration has not only condoned, but endorsed such shitty business practices?
Wal-Mart's monopolistic selling practices go hand-in-hand with their anti-union approach, stupid.

I am still waiting for you to -Get It-.

Wal-Mart's monopolistic selling practices go hand-in-hand with their anti-union approach, stupid. [/B][/QUOTE]

This is the most Monkey of all posts eva!

jhale667
07-24-2007, 10:52 PM

This is the most Monkey of all posts eva!

Really...Explain why. In complete sentences. I dare you.

Or are you just mad because you had to look up 'monopolistic'....

thome
07-24-2007, 11:03 PM
Really...Explain why. In complete sentences. I dare you.

I will make it as -PLAIN- as possible for your tiny little mind.

Here is your gift from the thome of giving:

If the -employees- of any company -do not like working there- they should -work somwhere else- or -follow the contract they agreed to -when the -promised- to work there, under the -guidlines- set out by the -owners -of the company.

Plain Enough,...... Boy Wonder?

Bring your -A- game Hot Shot .......what have you got....?hmmm

jhale667
07-24-2007, 11:04 PM
And I'm not referring to monopolistic competition, mind you...I'm talking about them choking out Mom & Pop vendors, opening so many locations you can't throw a rock without hitting one, treating their employees like CRAP...
Do not pass go. :D

Redballjets88
07-24-2007, 11:13 PM
not only is Wal-mart a crappy corporation, it's also generally a trashy place. Last time I went to one there were boxes everywhere and white trash people and scary ass minority people. No offence to any minorities here. I'm talking about the ghetto asses of every race were there. I'll stick to Target.

jhale667
07-24-2007, 11:14 PM
I will make it as -PLAIN- as possible for your tiny little mind.
Oh, you wound me, douche-nozzle.

Here is your gift from the thome of giving:
If the -employees- of any company -do not like working there- they should -work somwhere else- or -follow the contract they agreed to -when the -promised- to work there, under the -guidlines- set out by the -owners -of the company.

Again, where else are they going to work (retail), if Wal-mart's killed all the competition in their town?
And how is being able to fire someone for thinking about organizing a union pass as an acceptable "company guideline"?!?!

Plain Enough,...... Boy Wonder?
Bring your -A- game Hot Shot .......what have you got....?hmmm

A-Game? Dude, I can kick your ass with one lobe of my brain tied behind my back...

thome
07-24-2007, 11:51 PM
Oh, you wound me, douche-nozzle.

Again, where else are they going to work (retail), if Wal-mart's killed all the competition in their town?
And how is being able to fire someone for thinking about organizing a union pass as an acceptable "company guideline"?!?!

A-Game? Dude, I can kick your ass with one lobe of my brain tied behind my back...

Here is your assignment .........Ha HAH!......... ASS

What is the purpose of hiring someone to work for you?
a different aproach...
Why do people expand their capabilities by hiring a employee?

-YOU- are a Sole-Proprietorship for the sake of easy understanding of the objective of what a company does.

Then and only then will you understand what a employee is.

You should actually be more concerned about employees that disrupt normal daily work, at companies that are trying to do their job.
The job they contracted to do so they could afford to pay the employee that works for them.

Did you ever think that maybe the employee is the problem?

One more task:
Why do we do business with other countries, as far as -Importing- manufactured goods for sale in America.

I will answer this last one just for you and any other ill informed numbskull ...posting around here..

There are not enough people that !!!LIVE IN THE USA!!!!! to produce the amount of CPAP WE CONSUME DAILY!!!!!

Now get with the program.

Seshmeister
07-24-2007, 11:56 PM
You see, the problem is you guys are all communists. You have never had a thought about creating your own business, all you care about is someone else taking care of you. You want the government to ensure you get all the healthcare you need, you want unions to insure you make however much money you think you deserve.

How about this, how about you start your own business then you can pay yourself whatever the fuck all you want. Then you can also see the other side of the coin where the government and unions try to take everything you worked your ass off for and hand it to the lazy and uneducated.

Get your head out of your ass and make your own way. Go out of the cave and drag something home instead of expecting the government and unions to do it for you.

Ok speaking as someone that did go start their own business I'm not too happy about big corporations abusing their power so that I can only buy from them when they aggresively kill the competition. I'm also not too keen on saving a buck on say a T-shirt which has been made by some poor bastard in the third world on 2 cents an hour which means they need to work 80 hour weeks to feed their family.

I actually don't think unions are the way forward on this. I've seen how they work and I'm not a big fan. I don't think they are relevant any more in a global post industrial society. What we need is cpmpanies like Wal Mart to be properly regulated rather than getting away with shit because they bought the politicians.

I don't have time to check whether something I buy hasn't been produced by child labor or the company I bought it from is fucking it's employees. Even as someone that is pretty libertarian I want someone central to sort that shit out.

Cheers!

:gulp:

Redballjets88
07-24-2007, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
Ok speaking as someone that did go start their own business I'm not too happy about big corporations abusing their power so that I can only buy from them when they aggresively kill the competition. I'm also not too keen on saving a buck on say a T-shirt which has been made by some poor bastard in the third world on 2 cents an hour which means they need to work 80 hour weeks to feed their family.

I actually don't think unions are the way forward on this. I've seen how they work and I'm not a big fan. I don't think they are relevant any more in a global post industrial society. What we need is cpmpanies like Wal Mart to be properly regulated rather than getting away with shit because they bought the politicians.

that last part is spot on. If the government said "Hey wal-mart pay your employees fairly and treat them better" they wouldn't need a union.

jhale667
07-25-2007, 12:03 AM

You should actually be more concerned about employees that disrupt normal daily work, at companies that are trying to do their job.
The job they contracted to do so they could afford to pay the employee that works for them.

Did you ever think that maybe the employee is the problem?

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h217/jhale667/cantlisten.jpg

The rest of that rambling was moronic at best, but this sticks out. You're actually suggesting every time Wal-mart has canned someone for suggesting (or attempting to organize)unions they were a rabble-rouser that needed to go?
What about the example someone mentioned of them reducing hours of employees that WERE eligible for benefits to render them ineligible?
That's pathetic even for you.

thome
07-25-2007, 12:22 AM
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h217/jhale667/cantlisten.jpg

The rest of that rambling was moronic at best, but this sticks out. You're actually suggesting every time Wal-mart has canned someone for suggesting (or attempting to organize)unions they were a rabble-rouser that needed to go?
What about the example someone mentioned of them reducing hours of employees that WERE eligible for benefits to render them ineligible?
That's pathetic even for you.

I know a place where you can work 24 hrs 2-12s get paid for 40 full medical and dental 401 k full everything you could ask for everything that is offered employees, just the best of.

Highschool Diploma or GED all that's needed.

Two years of trade school, that you could pay for (your living expences) quite easily by working -part time- at Walmart .

Starting pay 20.00 per hr within 3 years -if you do the job your paid to- do 33.00 per hour = yearly increases to 40, probably that is the top.

If someone wants to make Walmart a career out of stocking wiggits on shelves after rolling said wiggits to the shelf on a cart provided by the employer so the worker doesn't have to do any real lifting.

That should be their rite but to demand what two years trade school graduate makes after 3 years in service is a bit silly isn't it.

jhale667
07-25-2007, 12:41 AM
No one is suggesting stocking shelves should pay $50K a year, but I don't see how anyone can make it on $8-10 an hour, much less minimum wage.

FORD
07-25-2007, 12:59 AM
that last part is spot on. If the government said "Hey wal-mart pay your employees fairly and treat them better" they wouldn't need a union.

It was UNIONS which brought about fair wages, safe working conditions, and reasonable working hours in the first place.

The government is capable of regulating business, except that right now there are so many bought and paid for corporatist shills within the government that they will not lift a finger to reign in corporations. You don't have to look any further than your gas tank to realize that fact..

Unions created the fair working conditions which gave this country a large middle class. That middle class paid the taxes which supported the government, and because you could work one job - indeed have one breadwinner per family - that left plenty of spare time for people to better informed on the issues. Not to mention a media that consisted of people like Edward R. Murrow and Walter Cronkite, not Sean Hannity and Katie Couric.

So you had informed people making informed choices and electing better people to office who actually fucking got things done. JFK promised a man on the moon by the end of the decade, and he delivered. Which is no easy task when he was DEAD 2/3 of that time.

When the fuck did we lose all of that, how did we let it happen, and how do we get it back? :(

thome
07-25-2007, 01:00 AM
No one is suggesting stocking shelves should pay $50K a year, but I don't see how anyone can make it on $8-10 an hour, much less minimum wage.

Oh yes you are, you have been suggesting just that in this thread non-stop.'

I am reminded of this friend of mine who votes democratic straight ticket because he is a union man.

He has no idea of the issues he is told to by the heads of the union.
They suggest and promote Dems the inference is implied.

Do you think they promote this vote curve to benifit him or the union.

I like the unions and many of the things they do, FACT

I do not like unskilled assholes thinking(demanding) they deserve maximin benifits for doing nothing other than what a three year old could do if he was tall enough,FACT.

jhale667
07-25-2007, 01:14 AM
Oh yes you are, you have been suggesting just that in this thread non-stop.'

No, I didn't. Asshat.:rolleyes:

And full-time employees deserve healthcare benefits. FACT.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
07-25-2007, 01:25 AM

Do not pass go. :D

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Cj1wcs7SZj0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Cj1wcs7SZj0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Nitro Express
07-25-2007, 03:24 AM
The day will come that mass rioting will errupt at every Wal-Mart across the globe and the burning buildings will look like little sparkles on the earth from outer space.

TongueNGroove
07-25-2007, 04:18 AM

Redball, I assumed you were a conservative, but apparently you aren't sure what you are. Your statement there is as communist as it gets.

Stop expecting the government to do everything for you. Do you really want to live in a place where if you decided to start your own company the government regulates the money you can make and the people you can hire?

This also goes back to the oil companies....everyone is complaining that the Oil companies are making too much money. If you started your own business would you like it if the government said you are making too much money and then started taking over your business and telling you that you are only allowed to make this much in profits?

I have been an entrepreneur my whole life. I have owned 4 businesses. They all went bust, except for this latest one.

Now, why did they go bust? My last business went bust because the illegal aliens undercut all my bids because they live 10 in a house and will work for little of nothing.This was a roofing business I had for 5 years until the Mexicans took over all the construction around here.

My other businesses, however, went under because of government regulations. By the time I match the wages that people want (i.e. demand) and match their social security (Your employer plays half you taxes for you) and pay workman’s comp (which is around 28% of every dollar you make assuming you have a safe work environment) and pays part of your health care and dental and 401k, you are costing the company a FORTUNE!!!

You guys all think the same, you have no initiative, you have no idea how hard it is to start your own company, all you care about is how you can milk the people who do have initiative for every dollar you can. And if you can't do it then you ask Unions and the Government to do it for you. It really sickens me.

If you take away all incentive for someone to start their own company then you won't even have the jobs you so preciously covet.

Do some real research then get back with me.

P.S. I am sure you are wondering why my newest business hasn't gone under....Well, I have a partner and we do all the work ourselves. I am a programmer and he is a graphic desinger, so we build websites and we have a particular full time company based around the collision industry. Sadly, we are now to the point where we might have to hire employees so we can expand the business, and to be honest the mere thought of it worries me to death.

Seshmeister
07-25-2007, 06:28 AM
Did the government change the regulations after each of your businesses started? Did they change the tax rates?

Sounds to me you are making excuses for your first 3 failures.

The last failure is the one where maybe you weren't at fault but all it does is prove that the government should be involved protecting you against compeditors that don't pay taxes or meet housing regulations.

Cheers!

thome
07-25-2007, 08:13 AM
Let us start the morning out with a I am so much better than thou.:cool:

I hope I don't sound so thou, tho or thee,...

I also have had failures in my business life...many...

I so have never wanted any thing to do with the government or to
-LEAN- on my country, the thought of others doing so pissed me off.

I watched a friend of mine on section 8 he paid 9$ not 90, NINE a month for a 8 yr old 500 sq ft apt, was on food stamps, drove a new VET,
worked under the table and collected unemployment worked six on took six months off.For 10 years .Nice work if you can get it?

In between my employment I haver never been on food stamps sep rats srs or even collected one pay check from unemployment.EVER

I have had a job mostly every day since I was 13 way underage for the law.

And I have been a hungry mofo with a dependant of two.

I actually got scared twice and filed for unemployment, but have always found a job before the first check arrived.That is about two weeks from filing.
The thought of being on the Dole makes me sick inside, so I have a leg to stand on when it comes to this question.

I will at all cost let no-one dictate my life style, employment status,
when I work, or how much I make.Who I vote for when I take lunch,.

It see it quite simply -if you work for someone else you do it their way first last and always-.
If you want to dictate the rules, be your own boss.

I guess these Walmart guys started a Mom & Pop co back in the day worked very hard gave a good product at a decent price paid a decent wage and thru determination became huge and solid.

Now everyone wants a piece..... everyone who had nothing to do with 50yrs of hard labor it took to get here.

FUK EM!

BITEYOASS
07-25-2007, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
The day will come that mass rioting will errupt at every Wal-Mart across the globe and the burning buildings will look like little sparkles on the earth from outer space.

I don't know about that, but there will be a massive shoplifting at Wal-mart in the future if they keep paying shitty wages. The employees will probably sell the stolen items at makeshift (insert ghetto, barrio, trailer park or shantytown) stores. :D

hideyoursheep
07-25-2007, 11:13 AM
Ok hot rods what is a decent wage for standing around stocking shelves in a air conditioned retail warehouse with things and junk. The air where you are flying around is obviously too thin for you.Try living off that 5.15. Then pay their lame assed insurance premiums so you can see a doctor.

They start at average first year wage of 5.15pr hour .

Go help the stockboy that thinks he can do Donald Trumps job.Go help the cashier ,who doesn't get raises or promotions because her manager has to impress corporate HQ with his numbers,work on Thanksgiving and Christmas eve till close, because the manager with less seniority's family is more important than yours.

Lets artificially increase his wage to satisfy the union so Walmart and every supplier down the line can raise there costs to compensate the lost wages on their end. Find someting hanging in a WhoreMart store made in the US, and not some 3rd world sweatshop made for pennies and bought by WM for pennies.

That's really supporting the old capitalism here in the US, isn't it?
Bonehead.
Keep buying those knockoffs from Nicaragua and Singapore, then scratch your dense melon when your job is no longer needed.
Don't be a tight-ass. Go somewhere else besides the store where the illegals get locked in overnight to work.

:rolleyes:

scamper
07-25-2007, 11:25 AM
You guys all think the same, you have no initiative, you have no idea how hard it is to start your own company, all you care about is how you can milk the people who do have initiative for every dollar you can. And if you can't do it then you ask Unions and the Government to do it for you. It really sickens me.

If you take away all incentive for someone to start their own company then you won't even have the jobs you so preciously covet.

True True, stop expecting the government to make us all equal, we're not. It's hard work and initiative that made this country what it is, not government interference. If you don't like your job get another one, if you don't like walmart don't shop there or start your own walmart every successfull business started somewhere. But don't sit around and bitch expecting the government to bail your life out, make it better yourself.

hideyoursheep
07-25-2007, 11:31 AM
I watched a friend of mine on section 8 he paid 9$ not 90, NINE a month for a 8 yr old 500 sq ft apt, was on food stamps, drove a new VET,
worked under the table and collected unemployment worked six on took six months off.For 10 years .Nice work if you can get it?
He drove a new VET, eh?

I smell bullshit on your breath.

Knock it off with the phony "I knew a guy" stories.

If he applied for any type of assistance, he would have been forced to sell that new VET he had for 10 years.
And if it were true, why did you enable that theif by not turning him in?

My wife's sister's husband, goes to church 2 times a week, twice on sundays, had a 55k/yr gig, took food stamps, medical care, and sold things that I gave to him for free. He now has his own buisness selling hot tubs and spas, and swimming pool equipment, also a carpet cleaning buisness, brought in his sister's son while she was in the joint and collected MORE welfare, forced the boy to work with him for free..

I crucified his sorry fucking ass.

And that's no bullshit story.

Meanwhile, honest people get nothing.

scamper
07-25-2007, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
Sounds to me you are making excuses for your first 3 failures.

If you haven't failed you haven't tried.

ELVIS
07-25-2007, 12:27 PM
So sheep, what do you think honest people should get ??

scamper
07-25-2007, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS

Do you deserve anything for being honest? Just because you are born you're not entitled to anything. I worked my ass off to get where I'm at, I expect the same from my children. As far as being a sheep I don't follow anyone, hate the repubs and the dems, but I am a true capitalist.

ELVIS
07-25-2007, 01:58 PM
What's the hate all about ??

Redballjets88
07-25-2007, 02:48 PM
Redball, I assumed you were a conservative, but apparently you aren't sure what you are. Your statement there is as communist as it gets.

Stop expecting the government to do everything for you. Do you really want to live in a place where if you decided to start your own company the government regulates the money you can make and the people you can hire?

This also goes back to the oil companies....everyone is complaining that the Oil companies are making too much money. If you started your own business would you like it if the government said you are making too much money and then started taking over your business and telling you that you are only allowed to make this much in profits?

I have been an entrepreneur my whole life. I have owned 4 businesses. They all went bust, except for this latest one.

Now, why did they go bust? My last business went bust because the illegal aliens undercut all my bids because they live 10 in a house and will work for little of nothing.This was a roofing business I had for 5 years until the Mexicans took over all the construction around here.

My other businesses, however, went under because of government regulations. By the time I match the wages that people want (i.e. demand) and match their social security (Your employer plays half you taxes for you) and pay workman’s comp (which is around 28% of every dollar you make assuming you have a safe work environment) and pays part of your health care and dental and 401k, you are costing the company a FORTUNE!!!

Do some real research then get back with me.

P.S. I am sure you are wondering why my newest business hasn't gone under....Well, I have a partner and we do all the work ourselves. I am a programmer and he is a graphic desinger, so we build websites and we have a particular full time company based around the collision industry. Sadly, we are now to the point where we might have to hire employees so we can expand the business, and to be honest the mere thought of it worries me to death.

Go read the book "The Jungle" then tell me that government has no place in business.

Nickdfresh
07-25-2007, 03:29 PM
Umm hello? This thread is about Wal-mart vs. Unions, it has nothing to do with the way Wal-Mart buys most of its goods from China and under cuts American companies� therefore causing loss of American jobs.

Really? I thought it was about your parroted, dopey talking points designed only to benefit socio-economic classes far above your own...

Sounds to me like you're a commie sympathizer!

Thank you hypowit, for clearly showing how unions are desperately fighting for the American dream while corporate whores are plotting to destroy the American middle class in order to have a more easily pliable society...

Um dude, you're the one making idiotic, fallacious blanket statements and generalizations easily contravened by facts...

Nickdfresh
07-25-2007, 03:34 PM

Please enroll, you silly goose...

http://www.gwu.edu/~bulletin/ugrad/psc.html

Eddie's Booze
07-25-2007, 03:36 PM

I want what is fair for every worker......Yeap, I get a well paid for what my Job(Construction) but there are alot of people who are being exploited for very little wage(s) + no benefits and 401k's.

A fair days work for a fair days pay.....That's what I want for every worker.

:(

ELVIS
07-25-2007, 03:55 PM
So, who decides what's fair ??

Nickdfresh
07-25-2007, 04:00 PM
Maybe the assholes in Congress that voted themselves about 10 pay raises while taking ten years to raise the minimum wage from $5.15 an hour to (gradually over two years) a whopping $7.25 an hour! Woooohoooooo!!!

matt19
07-25-2007, 04:02 PM
So, who decides what's fair ??

Common sense??

Redballjets88
07-25-2007, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by matt19
Common sense??

Not really though, the government can't really set these "fair" wages and benefeits, etc. Because depending on where you live your dollar will be better or worse. Living in Texas your money goes a lot farther than in California or New York. That's where it gets tricky.

FORD
07-25-2007, 04:06 PM
Maybe the assholes in Congress that voted themselves about 10 pay raises while taking ten years to raise the minimum wage from $5.15 an hour to (gradually over two years) a whopping $7.25 an hour! Woooohoooooo!!!

And most of those assholes were already millionaires to begin with, as you almost have to be anymore to campaign in the corporatist corrupted election process.

jgdrag
07-25-2007, 04:11 PM
Just curious how many of us would actually do any different than Wal Mart?

ELVIS
07-25-2007, 04:39 PM
Common sense, eh ??

Eddie's Booze
07-25-2007, 05:15 PM

Good Answer!!!!

10/10 for that!

:)

Hyman Roth
07-25-2007, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by BITEYOASS
About 20% of the population has their head up the ass in this country lately. And make sure you don't give the puppy to an NFL player. :D

Just 20%? I estimate it to be at least 40%.

DeadOrAlive
07-25-2007, 05:21 PM
Go read the book "The Jungle" then tell me that government has no place in business.

I smell a history major brainwashing Redballs.

FORD
07-25-2007, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by jgdrag
Just curious how many of us would actually do any different than Wal Mart?

I certainly would.

I prefer the COSTCO business model myself.

They treat their employees and their customers right, contribute to progressive causes and they're doing just fine.

Nitro Express
07-25-2007, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by BITEYOASS
I don't know about that, but there will be a massive shoplifting at Wal-mart in the future if they keep paying shitty wages. The employees will probably sell the stolen items at makeshift (insert ghetto, barrio, trailer park or shantytown) stores. :D

What do they sell at Wal-Mart that's worth stealing?

Nitro Express
07-25-2007, 09:30 PM
The Germans ran Wal-Mart out of their country and the Norwegian Pension Fund (a huge stockholder) dumped all their Wal-Mart shares when they heard of the human slavery and abuse that goes on at Wal-Mart suppliers.

Nitro Express
07-25-2007, 09:33 PM
I certainly would.

They treat their employees and their customers right, contribute to progressive causes and they're doing just fine.

I watched an interview with the Costco CEO and the interviewer said, Wall Street wouldn't like how you pay and treat your employees. Costco's CEO then quipped, Wall Street only cares about today and tommorrow. We are trying to build a company that hopefully will last 30 or more years. Building something long-term and not selling out for the quick buck.

scamper
07-25-2007, 09:36 PM

Dustmites, can't stand the little f*%$rs.

Eddie's Booze
07-26-2007, 11:42 AM
I certainly would.

Costco 100% supports Unions.

:)

thome
07-26-2007, 12:32 PM
The following list of special privileges reveals the extent to which union bosses have rigged our nation’s labor laws in their favor.

Privilege #1: Exemption from prosecution for union violence.
The most egregious example of organized labor’s special privileges and immunities is the 1973 United States v. Enmons decision. In it, the United States Supreme Court held that union violence is exempted from the Hobbs Act, which makes it a federal crime to obstruct interstate commerce by robbery or extortion. As a result, thousands of incidents of violent assaults (directed mostly against workers) by union militants have gone unpunished. Meanwhile, many states also restrict the authority of law enforcement to enforce laws during strikes.

Privilege #2: Exemption from anti-monopoly laws.
The Clayton Act of 1914 exempts unions from anti-monopoly laws, enabling union officials to forcibly drive out independent or alternative employee bargaining groups.

Privilege #3: Power to force employees to accept unwanted union representation.
Monopoly bargaining, or “exclusive representation,” which is embedded in most of the country’s labor relations statutes, enables union officials to act as the exclusive bargaining agents of all employees at a unionized workplace, thereby depriving employees of the right to make their own employment contracts. For example, the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA) of 1935, the Federal Labor Relations Act (FLRA) of 1978, and the Railway Labor Act (RLA) of 1926 prohibit employees from negotiating their own contracts with their employers or choosing their own workplace representatives.

Privilege #4: Power to collect forced union dues.
Unlike other private organizations, unions can compel individuals to support them financially. In 28 states under the NLRA (those that have not passed Right to Work laws), all states under the RLA, on “exclusive federal enclaves,” and in many states under public sector labor relations acts, employees may be forced to pay union dues as a condition of employment, even if they reject union affiliation.

Privilege #5: Unlimited, undisclosed electioneering.
The Federal Election Campaign Act exempts unions from its limits on campaign contributions and expenditures, as well as some of its reporting requirements. Union bigwigs can spend unlimited amounts on communications to members and their families in support of, or opposition to, candidates for federal office, and they need not report these expenditures if they successfully claim that union publications are primarily devoted to other subjects. For years, the politically active National Education Association (NEA) teacher union has gotten away with claiming zero political expenditures on its IRS tax forms!

Privilege #6: Ability to strong-arm employers into negotiations.
Unlike all other parties in the economic marketplace, union officials can compel employers to bargain with them. The NLRA, FLRA, and RLA make it illegal for employers to resist a union’s collective bargaining efforts and difficult for them to counter aggressive and deceptive campaigns waged by union organizers.

Privilege #7: Right to trespass on an employer’s private property.
The Norris-LaGuardia Act of 1932 (and state anti-injunction acts) give union activists immunity from injunctions against trespass on an employer’s property.

Privilege #8: Ability of strikers to keep jobs despite refusing to work.
Unlike other employees, unionized employees in the private sector have the right to strike; that is, to refuse to work while keeping their job. In some cases, it is illegal for employers to hire replacement workers, even to avert bankruptcy. Meanwhile, union officials demonize replacement workers as “scabs” to set them up for retaliation.

Privilege #9: Union-only cartels on construction projects.
Under so-called project labor agreements, governments (local, state, or federal) award contracts for construction on major projects such as highways, airports, and stadiums exclusively to unionized firms. Such practices effectively lock-out qualified contractors and employees who refuse to submit to exclusive union bargaining, forced union dues, and wasteful union work rules. So far, just three states have outlawed these discriminatory and costly union-only pacts.

Privilege #10: Government funding of forced unionism.
On top of all of the special powers and immunities granted to organized labor, politicians even pour taxpayer money straight into union coffers. Union groups receive upwards of $160 million annually in direct federal grants. But that’s just the tip of the iceberg. In 2001, the federal Department of Labor doled out $148 million for “international labor programs” overwhelmingly controlled by an AFL-CIO front group. Federal bureaucrats spend approximately $2.6 billion per year on “job training programs” that, under the Workforce Investment Act, must be administered by boards filled with union officials. Union bosses also benefit from a plethora of state and local government giveaways.

Have fun being owned by the man, freedom fighters.

thome
07-26-2007, 12:35 PM
#9 #9 #9 #9 #9 #9 #9 #9

Redballjets88
07-26-2007, 01:25 PM
I don't like the fact that people are forced to join a union to work in some places. In texas we don't have unions so I can work where I want when I want and not be hassled

scamper
07-27-2007, 01:09 PM
I don't like the fact that people are forced to join a union to work in some places. In texas we don't have unions so I can work where I want when I want and not be hassled

I don't like the fact that if you suck ass at your job but belong to a union you can't be touched, look at our school systems

Redballjets88
07-27-2007, 01:28 PM
yeah once a teacher has tenure (sp?) they are pretty much untouchable as long as they dont fuck a student.

Angel
07-27-2007, 01:43 PM
In texas we don't have unions so I can work where I want when I want and not be hassled

If there aren't any unions in Texas, then what the fuck are all these?

Please Choose Your Texas Union

- AFGE - American Federation of Government Employees

- AFL-CIO - American Federation of Laborers - Congress of Industrial Organizations

- AFM - American Federation of Musicians

- AFSCME - American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees

- AFT - American Federation of Teachers

- AFTRA - American Federation of Television and Radio Artists

- APWU - American Postal Workers Union

- ATU - Amalgamated Transit Union

- BAC - International Union of Bricklayers and Allied Craft Workers

- BCTGM - Bakery Confectionery Tobacco and Grain Millers International Union

- BLE - Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers

- CWA - Communication Workers of America

- GCIU - Graphics Communication International Union

- IAMAW - International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers

- IATSE - International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees

- IBB - International Brotherhood of Boilermakers

- IBEW - International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers

- IBT - International Brotherhood of Teamsters

- ILA - International Longshoremen's Association

- IUEC - International Union of Elevator Constructors

- IUOE - International Union of Operating Engineers

- IUPAT - International Union of Painters and Allied Trades

- LIUNA - Laborers International Union of North America

- NALC - National Association of Letter Carriers

- NPMHU - National Postal Mail Handlers Union

- NTEU - National Treasury Employees Union

- OPCMIA - Operative Plasterers' and Cement Masons' International Association

- OPEIU - Office and Professional Employees International Union

- SEIU - Service Employees International Union

- SIU - Seafarers International Union

- SMWIA - Sheet Metal Workers International Association

- TWU - Transport Workers Union

- UA - United Association of Journeymen and Apprentices of the Plumbing and Pipefitting Industry

- UAW - United Auto Workers

- UFCW - United Food and Commercial Workers

- UFW - United Farm Workers

- UMWA - United Mine Workers of America

- UNITE HERE - Union of Needle trades, Industrial and Textile Employees and Hotel Employees and Restaurant Employees

- UPIU - United Paper Workers International Union

- USWA - United Steel Workers

- UTU - United Transportation Union

http://www.unions.org/home/umap43-.htm

hideyoursheep
07-30-2007, 10:49 AM

Originally posted by Eddie's Booze
I want what is fair for every worker.
A fair days work for a fair days pay.....That's what I want for every worker.

Not that hard, Elvis.

Who decides what's fair?

There has to be a happy medium decided by owners and workers.

Not one over the other.
The UAW is slowly fucking themselves out of work by not being flexible and adapting to pressures from Corporate to be competitive with the world market.
GM has fucked itself with the mass exodus of jobs to Mehico, and dumb ideas for vehicles. The kind that don't hold up, unattractive, whatever...

On the other hand, if left solely up to the rich, greedy CEO's, you're fucked as an employee.

You pay shit, you'll probably get shit in return.

The Toyota Production System is a good model to follow. No, it's not working at a Toyota plant, it's a method of production used by the majority of the Japanese and being picked up by other MFG across the globe. If it isn't broken, don't fix it. If it is, stop immediately and correct it. DON'T SELL SHIT. It's worked for them so far.

Retail like WhoreMart, that's a different game.

But if you pay shit, you'll get shit. Which explains the apathetic attitudes of the store's employees.

Except for maybe the new greeter. ;)

Satan
11-25-2012, 03:38 PM
Beelzebump ^..^

cadaverdog
11-26-2012, 07:45 PM
That's not completely true. My niece who lives in Ft Worth is a union flight attendant. And when I had the unfortunate luck to work at a Wally's in Texas there were people there trying to bring in the union.

cadaverdog
11-26-2012, 07:52 PM
Walmart hires direct and pays benefits to full time employees after a certain time. It's not that they work you till you drop. They just don't hire enough people to do the job at hand and constantly bitch when it doesn't get done. Upper management gets bonuses for keeping labor down so they hire a bare minimum to do the job.

Kristy
11-26-2012, 07:59 PM
...and then there is this story - but don't tell ZahZoo because, you know, according to him corporations are people, too

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/25/walmart-shoplifter-dead-a_n_2189558.html

LoungeMachine
11-26-2012, 08:28 PM
Walmart............

Finally, after all these years a subject you can post on with some expertise.

Other than carnal knowledge of your own socks, that is.

BigBadBrian
11-27-2012, 05:53 AM
If there aren't any unions in Texas, then what the fuck are all these?

Texas is a right-to-work state. Workers don't have to join unions and have their pay, in the form of union dues, donated to politicians for pay-offs.

Nickdfresh
11-27-2012, 10:29 AM
Texas is a right-to-work state. Workers don't have to join unions and have their pay, in the form of union dues, donated to politicians for pay-offs.

Better than having Wal-Mart donate part of their pay to politicians for payoffs...

BigBadBrian
11-27-2012, 04:06 PM
Better than having Wal-Mart donate part of their pay to politicians for payoffs...

Nick, can't you find a better-looking girl for your sig? She has a nice bod, but her face is rather ugly.

Nickdfresh
11-27-2012, 04:55 PM
Nick, can't you find a better-looking girl for your sig? She has a nice bod, but her face is rather ugly.

You're gay.
http://www.clotureclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/ace-gary.jpg