PDA

View Full Version : Guns N' Roses reform (minus Axl)

Vanessa
07-23-2007, 08:02 PM
Guns N' Roses reform (minus Axl)

07/23/2007 4:00 PM, Yahoo! Music
Dotmusic

The original lineup of Guns N' Roses--minus lead singer Axl Rose--isrumored to be reuniting to mark the 20th anniversary of the band's seminal debut album Appetite For Destruction.

According to drummer Steven Adler, the event is due to take place on July 28th at the Key Club in Los Angeles.

The club's website states that Adler's Appetite, L.A. Guns, and "very special guests" will appear that night. Adler said: "I'll be down there with my band and Slash, Izzy [Stradlin, guitarist], and Duff [McKagan, bass] will be there too. It's gonna be great."

Adler added that it was unlikely Rose would join his former bandmates, but that he expected a full reunion to happen eventually.

He explained: "Axl and I spoke to each other in Las Vegas recently, and I know there's a chance. It's just too big. Whatever the Stones make when they play, we'd triple it. It'd be ridiculous not to do it. He can't be that goofy."

Rose has recently finished a tour of Japan with his rebranded version of the band.

twonabomber
07-23-2007, 08:18 PM
now wait for the inevitable "we won't be there" press release from Slash and Duff.

Terry
07-23-2007, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by twonabomber
now wait for the inevitable "we won't be there" press release from Slash and Duff.

Velvet Revolver will run out of steam sooner or later, then ol' Slash and Duff will be giving Axl a call.

Seshmeister
07-23-2007, 09:07 PM
Adler is nuts.

I'd take this with a pinch of salt.

Nickdfresh
07-23-2007, 09:08 PM
Who will front them? Sammy or Gary Cherone?

Seshmeister
07-23-2007, 10:29 PM
Dave?:)

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LA92d72JM8Q"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LA92d72JM8Q" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Viking
07-23-2007, 11:13 PM
Weiland. He found a way to fuck up a three minute set of VH choruses. Imagine what he'd do to 90 minutes of classic GnR. I'd actually be rooting for Axl to kick his ass. :killer:

tajmahal
07-23-2007, 11:26 PM
The last time I saw Steven Adler he could barely speak because of all the drug abuse.

No one can take the place of Axl Rose.

I heard his new band is great. Why would he want to to have any part of a reunion.

I just wonder when that album is coming out. We will be 5 months past the official release date on Aug 6th. If this album is not realeased by November it will never be released.

Redballjets88
07-23-2007, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Terry
Velvet Revolver will run out of steam sooner or later, then ol' Slash and Duff will be giving Axl a call.

sooner or later? they already have, I haven't heard shit from them in 3 years.

binnie
07-24-2007, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
Adler is nuts.

I'd take this with a pinch of salt.

My sentiments entirely....

Shaun Ponsonby
07-24-2007, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Redballjets88

You haven't heard anything from them in 3 years?

What about the fact that they have a new album out (which, incidentally, entered at number 6 on the UK album chart)?

Anyone who has seen Velvet Revolver recently or even heard "Libertad" wouldn't be saying they've run out of steam.

And I'm sick of people bringing up the HOF performance. Whoop-de-fucking-doo, they didn't do a good cover of a song that's not their style anyways.

DeadOrAlive
07-24-2007, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
And I'm sick of people bringing up the HOF performance. Whoop-de-fucking-doo, they didn't do a good cover of a song that's not their style anyways.

It's hard to butcher a song that badly. :D

Just kidding dude, but I dig their new album. I've always been a Duff fan. His solo career ain't half bad.

Steve Savicki
07-24-2007, 05:04 PM
Rename them Roses N' Guns!

Or Gone N' Over.

katie
07-24-2007, 06:52 PM
I find Velvet Revolver are just another corporate rock band.

They put on their brand new punk rock t shirts just before a photo session and pretend that they are bad ass motherfuckers,

This band is not for real

Shame.....

Terry
07-24-2007, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by katie
I find Velvet Revolver are just another corporate rock band.

They put on their brand new punk rock t shirts just before a photo session and pretend that they are bad ass motherfuckers,

This band is not for real

Shame.....

Agreed.

Terry
07-24-2007, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Redballjets88

Kinda taken aback that they actually stuck together for a second album, to be truthful.

Bought Contraband, listened to it a bunch of times; in the end, there was nothing great on it to these ears. Was just very average, straight-up rock music. Didn't come close to what STP could do for me, even at their most dysfunctional far as band relationships went.

Although were GnR to get back together, seems doubtful Adler would be asked to fill the drum slot. Sorum would probably end up pounding the skins for them.

Panamark
07-24-2007, 08:05 PM
I could stomach VR until the HOF.

Never bought their debut album or
the follow up, but the songs I heard had
some good foundation. I thought it
sounded pretty good.

I cant stand them now. (post HOF)

I reckon the garage band I was in when I
was 15 did a better cover of ATBL than those
idiots !!

It wasn't just Weiland's singing either..

WhoCares?
07-24-2007, 08:23 PM
I agree with Viking

Maybe Weiland acting like a spastic fairy on stage & butchering VH songs was the final straw for these guys

Terry
07-24-2007, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Panamark

I reckon the garage band I was in when I
was 15 did a better cover of ATBL than those
idiots !!

It wasn't just Weiland's singing either..

Whole thing sounded awful from the opening riff botched a la Slash to the end.

And this is what passes for a 'supergroup' these days?

Even more cringeworthy was the second guitarist with his new 30K EVH Franky replica guitar up there, fucking it up along with rest of them.

Antman
07-24-2007, 10:23 PM
GNR - Axl = Velvet Revolver. Adler would almost certainly not be included in a reunion. But then again, what the fuck do I know. Stranger things have happened. If it di, it would make gabzillions.

binnie
07-25-2007, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by DeadOrAlive
It's hard to butcher a song that badly. :D

Just kidding dude, but I dig their new album. I've always been a Duff fan. His solo career ain't half bad.

I agree with that. Believe in Me and Loaded were solid records.

Velvet Revolver are a great band to catch live. I really don't see how we can judge them for butchering a CVH song. They had a bad night, doesn't mean they're a shit band.

Shaun Ponsonby
07-25-2007, 06:16 AM
Exactly, exactly...