PDA

View Full Version : UFO sightings bring town to a standstill

Hardrock69
07-25-2007, 12:43 PM
Last updated at 11:27am on 25th July 2007

A crowd of 100 stunned stargazers brought a town centre to a standstill when five mysterious UFOs were spotted hovering in the sky.

Drinkers spilled out of pubs, motorists stopped to gawp and camera phones were aimed upwards as the five orbs, in a seeming formation, hovered above Stratford-Upon-Avon for half an hour.

The unidentified flying objects lit up the otherwise clear night sky above Shakespeare's birthplace in Warwickshire on Saturday.

Although Air Traffic Control reported no unusual activity, some witnesses were convinced they were witnessing an extra-terrestrial spectacle.

ufo

Crows gathered to gawp at the strange lights that hovered silently over Stratford for 30 minutes
http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/07_02/1StrafordUFOCTRS_468x348.jpg

The strange episode started just after 10.30pm, when the lights were seen hovering slowly over the town before three of them formed a triangular shape with one positioned just to the right.

A few minutes later a fifth came into view travelling towards the others at breakneck speed before slowing down and stopping a short distance away.

Sceptics dismissed the UFOs as nothing more than hot air balloons, fireworks or even lanterns which had broken loose from a local rugby club.

Others, however, claimed the speed and agility of the objects was unlike any known aircraft and said the odd movement, lack of noise and the length of time in the air discounted any man-made explanation.

Tom Hawkes, who captured these amazing images, spotted the lights during his girlfriend Kate Lyall's birthday at the One Elm pub.

He and the 15 other revellers were in the bar when they spotted some commotion outside.

Tom, 30, said: "We walked outside and there was at that time a growing crowd of about 60 people looking up at something in the sky.

"I saw this light appear, then three others. They came over our heads in formation but then manouvered into different positions.

"Three had formed a triangular shape and one was to the right. Then another one came hurtling towards the rest at what looked like a very fast speed. But as it neared them it suddenly slowed and stopped altogether.

"By this time more people had poured out onto the street. Two pubs had emptied, some people had come out of their houses and drivers slowed their cars.

ufo

Were flying saucers like this one hovering over Stratford under the cover of darkness?
http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/07_02/ClassicUFOL_468x366.jpg

"The objects were there for about half an hour. It was very eerie because they didn't make any sound and they stayed still before moving slowly beyond the horizon. There were no stars in the sky, just them.

"It was the most extraordinary thing I've ever seen and the way in which everyone gathered in the street to watch them reminded me of a scene from Independence Day."

The extraordinary scenes were also witnessed by some of the staff of the One Elm pub.

Chef Kern Griffiths, 26, said: "I saw five lights, we all thought they were hot air balloons at first because the glowing spheres looked like a burst of flames. But I couldn't see any outline of the balloon itself and they were travelling far too fast.

"Suddenly someone shouted 'look' and there were these bright dots fizzing across the sky.

"It was weird, they way they moved did look alien. Some people reckon they're fireworks but they were lit up in the sky for far too long, the local rugby club say they were lanterns that blew loose over the weekend but these objects were far too fast and too high up.

"They were unlike any aircraft I've seen. It's a mystery."

Hillary Potter from The British Earth Aerial Mystery Society (BEAMS) said they were being inundated with similar calls from across the country but said it was rare for such phenomena to be witnessed by so many people.

She said: "Such incidents have been on the increase recently. There are reports at the moment coming in from all over the country.

"We've had many reports of people seeing quite large unidentified objects in the skies. It's not going away, It seems these incidents are becoming more bold.

"People don't know what to do when they witness such sights and that's what we're here for. We take the reports very seriously."

A Ministry of Defense Spokesman said: "The MoD does not have any expertise or role in respect of UFOs or flying saucer matters or to the question of the existence of extra terrestrial life forms, about which we remain totally open minded.

"I should add that to date the MoD knows of no evidence which substantiates the existence of these alleged phenomena. The MoD examines any reports of unidentified flying objects it receives solely to establish whether what was seen might have some defence significance.

"Namely whether there is any evidence that the UK air space might have been compromised by hostile or unauthorised foreign military activity.

"Unless there is evidence of a potential threat to the United Kingdom from an external military source, and to date no UFO report has revealed such evidence, we do not attempt to identify the precise nature of each sighting reported to us.

"We believe that rational explanations such as aircraft lights or natural phenomena could be found for them if resources were diverted for this purpose but its not the function of the MoD to provide this kind of aerial identification service."

Frankie Spray, from Wellesbourne Airfield, just outside Stratford, added: "The lights were nothing to do with us. None of our aircraft fly at night at this time of year.

"It's very bizarre but I've got no explanation as to what the lights were."

Birmingham Air Space which covers the skies over the town said they had not heard of any unusual activity showing up on the radar.

Video:

UFO Footage (mms://a229.v26674c.c26674.g.vm.akamaistream.net/5/229/26674/46a70995/1a1a1a9b086f9d0162cb37b01d7ee75381e45381f66190066f d338a7d60838689fce38ad1992c2f9/ufo250707.wmv)

TAKIN WHISKEY
07-25-2007, 01:11 PM
No doubt that we have been visited for years upon years. It still baffles me that some people don't believe that there is other life form in our universe.

knuckleboner
07-25-2007, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by TAKIN WHISKEY
No doubt that we have been visited for years upon years. It still baffles me that some people don't believe that there is other life form in our universe.

there's a big difference between believing that there are other life forms in the universe and actually believing that they visit us.

for starters, our current science says it is impossible to traverse the VAST distances between our world and any possible inhabitated world.

however, for the sake of argument, i'll assume there's a civilization advanced enough to overcome physics and can actually travel here. that makes them INSANELY advanced.

at that point, why in the world would we see them at all? if they're that advanced, and they didn't want to make official contact with us (which they clearly haven't) then why would they be so poor at hiding themselves?

TAKIN WHISKEY
07-25-2007, 02:55 PM
Very good question. Maybe they don't care if we see them. Maybe they are untouchable. Maybe they are so advanced that traveling vast distances is a complete non-issue, they could possibly bend space and time, use wormholes. It is possible that they come from our own planet. They could be living right under our nose. I do believe that what we are seeing is non human.

ELVIS
07-25-2007, 03:28 PM
Dude, you been takin way too much whiskey...:rolleyes:

ELVIS
07-25-2007, 03:29 PM
This is interesting...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pAP1Wcip9qw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pAP1Wcip9qw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

:elvis:

ELVIS
07-25-2007, 04:24 PM
This is too...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3HfLNe8HC08"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3HfLNe8HC08" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

There are countless UFO vids on YouTube...

ELVIS
07-25-2007, 04:28 PM
Watch this one...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sCHqEU_c-Ck"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sCHqEU_c-Ck" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

:elvis:

Jérôme Frenchise
07-25-2007, 05:17 PM
Thanks a lot to Hardrock for sharing this.

I've just read the whole report and comments. I don't know whether these sightings were from extraterrestrial origin or not. Yet I'm highly interested in the descriptions, as I observed similar stuff myself 5 years ago in particular, and twice ever since.

First it's odd that comparable events could be noticed within a couple of decades in roughly the same region on the planet (Belgium, the north of France, and now the south-east of England). That said, Belgians didn't necessarily report the same shapes as far as UFOs, some 15 years ago.

Anyway, it's the triangular shape of those observed above Stratford-upon-Avon, plus the lights on each end of the "objects", that made me think of what I saw in the middle of a summer night in 2002.
The weather was very warm, the sky was clear as can be. I was with a gal in the north of France, making love in my car with the roof open (we had stopped in a field for we couldn't wait :D).
At some time in the night, at around 4 am, we were both lying in the car, gazing at the sky, almost right above our heads. We realized we were actually watching the same thing...
There was a dark thingummy flying up there. It was a stationary flight; the thing was flying pretty high, around a mile above, maybe a little less. It had 3 green lights flashing simultaneously at every end of the triangle, and it made no sound. What we found odd enough was the fact it would remain at the same place in the sky, we had no clue about what it could be. We went on making love, and every time we would stop and look up, the thing was still there at the same place.
I've seen the very same kind of object twice ever since, and each time in the north of France. As I don't know what they look like, I once thought of geostationary satellites, but the tale and the picture above, apart from the white lights at the ends of the triangle, make me think a lot of what I saw.

In addition, one of my best pals, who lives in the north of France, once told me of similar sightings, including by the local policemen, who were supposed not to tell about it. They were on patrol in the countryside in the middle of the night, under the moonlight. They suddenly noticed some darkening and stopped to see what was the matter: a huge, triangular object was silently flying rather slowly above them, before disappearing (I don't remember how fast it flew away as it was reported to, though). Unfortunately, they didn't write an official report about that.

As to know what those things are, and where from...

TAKIN WHISKEY
07-25-2007, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Dude, you been takin way too much whiskey...:rolleyes:

To the party tonight and I'm looking for some aliens. Aint looking for somebosy to fight, so baby don't get uptight. LOL

MERRYKISSMASS2U
07-25-2007, 06:17 PM
In 1947 near Roswell, New Mexico, eyewitnesses reported something had landed...
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fLqdFnbHAlw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fLqdFnbHAlw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

katie
07-25-2007, 06:28 PM
We had a few of these sigthings in east anglia UK in the mid 90's.

I have seen one of these triangular craft quite close as a few of us ran underneath one once.

I have goospimples on my arms just thinking back to that night as there was NO noise. I remember looking up and seeing what seemed like huge rivet type things in the metal surface, then before any of knew it just shot off with no noise at all.

We saw a few lights each night for a couple of days but that was it really.

That pic really spooked me as that was the same thing as i saw in 1995.

I'm not saying we saw a UFO all i'm saying is that it was the scariest thing that i have ever come across.

Baby's On Fire
07-25-2007, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by knuckleboner
there's a big difference between believing that there are other life forms in the universe and actually believing that they visit us.

for starters, our current science says it is impossible to traverse the VAST distances between our world and any possible inhabitated world.

however, for the sake of argument, i'll assume there's a civilization advanced enough to overcome physics and can actually travel here. that makes them INSANELY advanced.

at that point, why in the world would we see them at all? if they're that advanced, and they didn't want to make official contact with us (which they clearly haven't) then why would they be so poor at hiding themselves?

Actually, current science states that it is possible to traverse vast distances in very little time, except our technology is nowhere near being able to achieve it.

The Beam-mu-up-Scotty technology you see on Star Trek is mathematically possible, but our technology cannot capture the energy required.

Travelling faster than the speed of light has been proven by Einstein.

While I suspect these types of sightings may be ultra-secret military technology, I also think anyone who dismisses these sightings as fucking weather balloons (especially when they weren't even fucking there) is beyond ridiculous.

The famous Arizona sighting of multiple huge UFOs in the mid-1990's or so was even investigated by John McCain, who tried to force the government to make an investigation into the event, witnessed by thousands of on-lookers.

And recently, I saw a TV show on Discovery about UFO sightings witnessed by multiple airlines pilots simultaneously, and they were stunned by what they witnessed. Russian military pilots also, etc.

katie
07-25-2007, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Baby's On Fire

The Beam-mu-up-Scotty technology you see on Star Trek is mathematically possible, but our technology cannot capture the energy required.

http://www.geocities.com/steaphanmish/kirk.gif

ELVIS
07-25-2007, 08:00 PM

No it hasn't, Einstein...

Baby's On Fire
07-25-2007, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
No it hasn't, Einstein...

Yes it has you fucking moron.

You should educate yourself before making a fool of yourself.

Viking
07-25-2007, 08:45 PM
I'm gonna bring this subject up once. ONCE. And fuck the rabble that wanna yank my chain about it. If you care to question my veracity, or otherwise care hold this up against an impartial bullshit meter, ask ELVIS, FORD, Conmee, BrownSound, Panamark, or anyone else who's known me for all the years I've posted/modded/posted/modded/posted here. They might call me everything but a white man, but they know I'm not a tinfoil hat type, nor a spinner of long yarns. So, read on, at the risk of your own enlightenment:

No, I haven't seen a UFO. I'll air that out up front. I'd love to, but no soap. I'm not going into too much date-specific detail for reasons that you can probably suss out for yourself. But, before this site was an online reality, I worked in a certain ring of the Pentagon - at an agency that, shall we say, had received a nickname (courtesy of a certain submersible Buick commander) referring to a pop culture icon of 20 years prior. It was required, of course, that I had a DoD security clearance, and I was constantly around military officers and rocket scientists, of both the figurative and literal sort. These were people with not only Top Secret clearances, but also compartmentalized ones, as well, such a Q (access to nuclear material and data) and COSMIC (access to God). While everything was always kept on a professional level, we'd occasionally bump into each other in one of the tunnels, usually on a quick smoke break. Now, my fellow partners in crime, there were two specific occasions - burned indelibly and forever into my brain - that occurred; both virtually identical in outcome. These two men - one an Army officer (I knew his wife, and even attended his promotion ceremony), the other an Air Force bird colonel - and I were chatting on these occasions, when I interjected the subject of UFO's/aliens into the conversation. At that moment, everthing stopped. I have never - ever - seen a man morph like that. One second, genial and talkative, then in the blink of an eye, they don't even look you over. They turned away as if I carried The Black Death. The sense of broaching a grave, forbidden topic was so palpable, I was literally shaking afterwards. That singular half-jest even changed our relationships in heavily-veiled but perceptible ways. I eventually had to sit down with my dad several months after the second episode, just to get it off my chest.

Understand, if you will, that I was privy to shit that was WAY over my clearance level. I'd heard 'over the transom' about foreign power belligerancies and other national security-related military intel that the mainstream press of the time was unaware of or completely misreporting, either through ignorance, deception, or bias. But to speak of that one topic was akin to an ignorant native uttering aloud the name of a very wrathful god, and it anointed you with a certain, unspoken pariah status among the elders. And that's the Cliff Notes version of it.

Read into that what you will.

smaz
07-25-2007, 08:54 PM
I always think why do they have to be similar to us - we invented our physics, we say gravity is gravity because that's our description for it. They may never have invented the wheel, or discovered penicillin by accident. Anyway... :)

Baby's On Fire
07-25-2007, 09:10 PM
The COSMIC (Access to God) portion is quite entertaining.

Surely, that's sarcasm at the Pentagon level? Ultra-secret clearance, if you will?

Surely with all the "intelligence" at the Pentagon, they realize there is no god?

Viking
07-25-2007, 09:17 PM
BOF, if aliens are for real, you're the reason they don't bother landing and introducing themselves. :rolleyes: :D

Baby's On Fire
07-25-2007, 09:22 PM
Me and the religious idiots.

And those people who claim that people with ultra-confidential security clearances are standing around bullshitting in the "tunnels" of the Pentagon, schmoozing in front of people about ultra-secret things.

And then being SHOCKED when one of the other spooks asks about aliens.....:rolleyes:

Hyman Roth
07-25-2007, 09:31 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/V7FVjATcqvc"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/V7FVjATcqvc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/X02WMNoHSm8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/X02WMNoHSm8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Viking
07-25-2007, 09:50 PM
(Dis)Believe what you will. Nobody's holding a gun to your head. It just is what it is.

TAKIN WHISKEY
07-25-2007, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Viking
(Dis)Believe what you will. Nobody's holding a gun to your head. It just is what it is.

I believe you brother. 100% Why would you lie? Obviously, there has been thousands upon thousands of sightings, for years and years and many have been seen by multiple people at the same time. IMO there is no explaining UFO'S away. they exist and it's time for our government to let the cat out of the bag.

Viking
07-25-2007, 11:00 PM
My keyboard to your eyeballs, bro. Nobody trotted out a Klingon for me to inspect. But I committed a fuckup of a magnitude that had me rattled for one of the few times in my life. Almost scared shitless would be more like it. I fully expected to get jacked into a wall by one of these guys and told never to go down that road again, that's how intense and unnerving it was. Jesus Christ, I was sending and receiving classified weapons component schematics via secure fax on a regular basis. Dealing with people you'll never even hear of in your lifetime. Never even left a dent in me. But those incidents damn near sent me into therapy.

TAKIN WHISKEY
07-25-2007, 11:12 PM
I feel for ya Viking. Thanks for sharing. I think as time goes by, more and more people are starting to realize that we are not alone.

Viking
07-25-2007, 11:36 PM
It's cool, TW, thx. Ever see that old Twilight Zone episode where William Shatner sees that gremlin on the wing of the plane, and nobody else does, but in the final shot, when they took The Shat off the plane on a stretcher and carted him to the 'tard farm, they pan the camera over to where the skin on the wing had been peeled back? In some oblique way, that's kind of what it felt like for a while. Who the fuck is gonna believe you? There are only about three people in this world who know who I am and have been told this without anonimity, and one of them is ten years dead. Fuck it. If they land in my lifetime, they land. If they don't, the first thing I'll ask God is, 'what's the big fuckin' cosmic joke here?' If I were them, I wouldn't want to make myself known, either. :p You'd have buck-nekkid Amazon cannibals either trying to worship them or eat them, Alabama rednecks trying to shoot them down like turkey buzzards, religious fundamentalists apoplectic that The End Times are upon us, corporate Wall Street parasites trying to buy them out or steal what they can, humanist bluebloods shamelessly supplicating themselves to be 'insiders' in a new Social Order........and so it goes.

Come to think of it, maybe they're not here after all. I think if I were them, I'd have taken a big interstellar shit on this place by now, and flushed the toilet. :D

Panamark
07-26-2007, 01:50 AM
We would be the biggest, arrogant, ignorant, stupid and pathetic
creatures in the universe to believe life didn't exist elsewhere.

I believe Viking 100%.
Just look at Roswell and the guy's statement (who wouldnt release
it until he had passed away) from just a few weeks ago.

I think for many many years the Government's have taken the
approach of "We better not tell them, dont want everyone to panic"

Well...

With the progression of technology, within a year, every other
person on this earth will have a digital camera handy..
(Hello Cell Phones !)

Its going to get harder and harder for them to cover it up.

Im guessing they will start using the "Photoshop" / Digital
imaging tampering theory..

But thats not gonna stand up forever...

Redballjets88
07-26-2007, 02:04 AM
I don't really blame the government for not telling us about the roswell stuff. We are the people who literally thought the world was under attack when "War of the Worlds" was read over the radio.

knuckleboner
07-26-2007, 11:13 AM
Actually, current science states that it is possible to traverse vast distances in very little time, except our technology is nowhere near being able to achieve it.

um...that kind of depends. if you're talking wormholes, etc, then the theories are that there ARE connections from one part of space to the other. but people like stephen hawking currently believe that travel through those objects will result in the complete destruction of the current form of matter that approaches one of those objects.

i think i've read those actual experiments. but what they've done so far has been on the atomic scale. i'm not sure they have any mathematical theories that can account for transmitting a complex organizm and reassembling it without any harm.

no, it hasn't. einstein said that the speed of light was the speed at which energy (with no mass) travelled. his e=mc^2 formula meant that as you added energy to a rocket, increasing it's velocity, you added mass. (since energy = mass * the speed of light squared). so each bit of acceleration you provide to an object with mass means that you must add even greater energy to produce further acceleration since the object now has more mass. the acceleration curve for an object with mass is an upward-sloping parabola; you can continue to increase, but the amounts of increase will decline, and you will never actually hit the speed of light. you'll go from 98% to 99% to 99.5% to 99.75% to 99.9% to 99.95%...etc. etc. etc.

While I suspect these types of sightings may be ultra-secret military technology, I also think anyone who dismisses these sightings as fucking weather balloons (especially when they weren't even fucking there) is beyond ridiculous.

i mostly agree. i think the majority of worldwide sightings are optical illusions and what not. but i certainly think that when the military tests technology, it doesn't always want to make it public. and what better way then to let people think it's UFOs, or some other lame cover story. (roswell was NOT a weather balloon. though i have read that it may have been some sort of military monitoring experiment.)

now, at the end of the day, everything i'm saying is based on our CURRENT science and the estimates that CURRENT scientists are making. is it possible that someone later on will discover how to beat the speed of light? sure. it's possible. is it possible that some alien has discovered that? yep. but if they were that advanced, i just can't believe aliens would use that technology to try and figure out the inner workings of the human colon.

Hardrock69
07-26-2007, 11:33 AM
This vid is a commercial for the Sci-Fi channel. It has been known for years that it was not a real event.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sCHqEU_c-Ck"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sCHqEU_c-Ck" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

TAKIN WHISKEY
07-26-2007, 11:41 AM
If in fact we are being visited, maybe they are not interested in us, maybe they are just interested in our resources.

thome
07-26-2007, 11:57 AM
Do the BIG TITTIED alien -thigh high hooker booted- BABES enjoy
the glass dildo and a sweeping hot sweaty grind of a FINGER BANG!!!
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n189/thome_2006/kelly1.jpg
I Dunno. If She's Got Extra Tongues, I Might Be Into It.
HOW TO TELL IF YOUR PROSTITUTE IS AN EXTRATERRESTRIAL
from the Weekly World News.

Here, from government experts, are 10 warning signs that the prostitute you've picked up is a sinister space babe:

1. Looks too good to be true -- If that curvy cutie working the street corner is a dead ringer for Catherine Zeta-Jones, odds are the gorgeous star isn't moonlighting. A shape-shifting ET has probably adopted the form of your dream girl.

2. Out-of-date lingo -- Alien prostitutes try to fit in by using streetwalker slang -- but often use outdated terms. A hooker who sees a police car and whispers, "Cheese it, the fuzz!" likely hails from deep space.

3. Evasive about identity and origins -- Few gals in "the life" are forthcoming about their full names. But a scarlet woman who refuses even to divulge where she comes from -- vaguely describing her birthplace as "the Midwest" or "overseas" -- could be an ET.

4. Odd, hard-to-place accent. "They have trouble pronouncing the letter 'R,' " Manling reveals.

5. Unusually petite -- The average alien hooker stands roughly 5 feet tall, but may attempt to disguise her size with ridiculously high heels.

6. Sex was "unbelievable." If the encounter was "everything you've always fantasized about," chances are the memory was implanted by ETs.

7. Missing time -- If you paid for an hour with a hooker, but your watch indicates four hours have gone by, this suggests part of your memory of the encounter has been erased.

8. Seems telepathic -- A fallen woman who finishes your sentences or slips up and mentions your real name when you've given her a bogus one, is probably invading your thoughts -- and our planet.

9. Over-perfumed -- Hookers from outer space often try to mask their peculiar ET body odor.

10. Squeamish about spanking -- Terrestrial prostitutes are willing to perform virtually every sexual act if the money is right. But ETs don't like having their butts touched.

If your space babe calls her old man to pick her up you may need to find a new technique.
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n189/thome_2006/terrorvision.jpg

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n189/thome_2006/robobbe1.gif

Mmmmmspace babes, or do they all have to be huge alien overlords with infinite knowlege and no worries?

Maybe they just want our CoooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhKKKK!!!

Redballjets88
07-26-2007, 01:50 PM
Femaliens?

TAKIN WHISKEY
07-26-2007, 08:02 PM
Am I the only one who finds that metal alien with her skin peeled off, hot?

Baby's On Fire
07-26-2007, 11:00 PM
It's cool, TW, thx. Ever see that old Twilight Zone episode where William Shatner sees that gremlin on the wing of the plane, and nobody else does, but in the final shot, when they took The Shat off the plane on a stretcher and carted him to the 'tard farm, they pan the camera over to where the skin on the wing had been peeled back? In some oblique way, that's kind of what it felt like for a while. Who the fuck is gonna believe you? There are only about three people in this world who know who I am and have been told this without anonimity, and one of them is ten years dead. Fuck it. If they land in my lifetime, they land. If they don't, the first thing I'll ask God is, 'what's the big fuckin' cosmic joke here?' If I were them, I wouldn't want to make myself known, either. :p You'd have buck-nekkid Amazon cannibals either trying to worship them or eat them, Alabama rednecks trying to shoot them down like turkey buzzards, religious fundamentalists apoplectic that The End Times are upon us, corporate Wall Street parasites trying to buy them out or steal what they can, humanist bluebloods shamelessly supplicating themselves to be 'insiders' in a new Social Order........and so it goes.

Come to think of it, maybe they're not here after all. I think if I were them, I'd have taken a big interstellar shit on this place by now, and flushed the toilet. :D

That was John Lithgow. And it was a great episode. A classic.

Baby's On Fire
07-26-2007, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by TAKIN WHISKEY
If in fact we are being visited, maybe they are not interested in us, maybe they are just interested in our resources.

Maybe they're like me: Trying to figure out why the fuck you guys elected George Bush. :D

Hardrock69
07-27-2007, 09:01 AM
Another sighting in the UK:

EXCLUSIVE - UFO in Wrexham

Video

http://video.jpress.co.uk/editorial/WREX/wrexhamufo1.wmv

A COUPLE were mesmerised as seven red lights flew silently and at great speed above their house in the early hours of the morning.

It was just after midnight when Leigh Williams, 31, went out to the back of his house on Townsend Avenue for a cigarette.

He said he saw some strange lights in the sky and ran inside to get his wife, Lynn, 32.

She said: "I thought he was taking the mick and I told him I was tired and to leave me alone. He said 'if you don't believe me look out there'.

There were seven lights flying fast over the house. Two of them were flying round each other. They were flying very close together, closer than planes. They were going so fast I couldn't focus on them.

"I ran inside and got my camcorder. I thought they could be helicopters but when I zoomed in I was scared to death. They were glowing red in the middle. I'm a very logical person. We are not into the paranormal at all. I thought people would think we were barmy if we said we saw UFOs."

Although the time on the video shows the objects being captured at 11.16pm, the film was actually taken at 12.16am – the camcorder clock had not been re-set to British Summer Time.
"They weren't like anything I have seen before. For the lights to be so low there had to be some noise if they were planes. If someone can tell me what they were, I will sleep better at night.
"This has really put me off sitting out the back at night. You think you know everything about the world but that was a mystery to me."

The first to the see objects was Leigh. He said: "I haven't got a clue what they were. It was a bit strange. I hadn't seen
anything like that before.
"There was no noise whatsoever. Surely if they were aircraft there would have been lots of noise. My wife was panicking. We just want to know what it was. When they went over it happened so quick. They moved very smoothly and were glowing."

A spokesman for North Wales Police confirmed they received a call at the same time from another resident in Borras who said they has seen six flying orange orbs.

One theory being circulated in the area is the weird lights were in fact Chinese lanterns, usually tied together and released on the wind and can reach high speeds if conditions are right.

http://www.flintshirestandard.co.uk/eveningleadernews?articleid=3061741

Viking
07-27-2007, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Baby's On Fire:

That was John Lithgow. And it was a great episode. A classic.

Not that one, dingbat. The original. The prototype. The quintessential Serling of the black-and-white-adjust-your-rabbit-ears era. The Hagaresque-uh, I mean, cheesy :D sets and boogeymen costumes. The lo-tech, smoke-and-mirror effects. We're talking 'Father Knows Best' on a pre-Woodstock Reefer Madness trip. Lithgow couldn't hold a candle to the performance The Shat had to deliver to overcome the summer stock stage settings he had to work with. :killer: :killer: :killer: :killer:

Baby's On Fire
07-27-2007, 09:12 PM
Dingbat!? Dingbat!?

At least call me a dumbass fucking Canadian, bit not a dingbat.

What's a dingbat, anyway? Sounds like a homesexual kink term to me.

:D

Viking
07-27-2007, 09:18 PM
Now, why would I insult your average Canadian like that, dingbat? :D

Hardrock69
07-28-2007, 01:10 AM
The Shat kicked fucking ass!

Here is everything you ever wanted to know about "Nightmare At 20,000 Feet".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nightmare_at_20,000_Feet

Nickdfresh
07-28-2007, 01:19 AM
I'm gonna bring this subject up once. ONCE. And fuck the rabble that wanna yank my chain about it. If you care to question my veracity, or otherwise care hold this up against an impartial bullshit meter, ask ELVIS, FORD, Conmee, BrownSound, Panamark, or anyone else who's known me for all the years I've posted/modded/posted/modded/posted here. They might call me everything but a white man, but they know I'm not a tinfoil hat type, nor a spinner of long yarns. So, read on, at the risk of your own enlightenment:

No, I haven't seen a UFO. I'll air that out up front. I'd love to, but no soap. I'm not going into too much date-specific detail for reasons that you can probably suss out for yourself. But, before this site was an online reality, I worked in a certain ring of the Pentagon - at an agency that, shall we say, had received a nickname (courtesy of a certain submersible Buick commander) referring to a pop culture icon of 20 years prior. It was required, of course, that I had a DoD security clearance, and I was constantly around military officers and rocket scientists, of both the figurative and literal sort. These were people with not only Top Secret clearances, but also compartmentalized ones, as well, such a Q (access to nuclear material and data) and COSMIC (access to God). While everything was always kept on a professional level, we'd occasionally bump into each other in one of the tunnels, usually on a quick smoke break. Now, my fellow partners in crime, there were two specific occasions - burned indelibly and forever into my brain - that occurred; both virtually identical in outcome. These two men - one an Army officer (I knew his wife, and even attended his promotion ceremony), the other an Air Force bird colonel - and I were chatting on these occasions, when I interjected the subject of UFO's/aliens into the conversation. At that moment, everthing stopped. I have never - ever - seen a man morph like that. One second, genial and talkative, then in the blink of an eye, they don't even look you over. They turned away as if I carried The Black Death. The sense of broaching a grave, forbidden topic was so palpable, I was literally shaking afterwards. That singular half-jest even changed our relationships in heavily-veiled but perceptible ways. I eventually had to sit down with my dad several months after the second episode, just to get it off my chest.

Understand, if you will, that I was privy to shit that was WAY over my clearance level. I'd heard 'over the transom' about foreign power belligerancies and other national security-related military intel that the mainstream press of the time was unaware of or completely misreporting, either through ignorance, deception, or bias. But to speak of that one topic was akin to an ignorant native uttering aloud the name of a very wrathful god, and it anointed you with a certain, unspoken pariah status among the elders. And that's the Cliff Notes version of it.

Read into that what you will.

Fascinating Viking...

I've had slightly similar experiences actually...

Hardrock69
07-28-2007, 01:26 PM
Those Pentagon personnel would not have reacted so if UFOs were not actually something they were taking extremely seriously.

Viking
07-28-2007, 10:06 PM
Needless to say, ladies and gentlemen, something is most assuredly afoot. Imagine actually knowing and having to live with that.

PlexiBrown
07-28-2007, 10:24 PM
Sammy Hagar once said that aliens downloaded his brain. Because of this the aliens are really stupid now and they are lost.

Nickdfresh
07-28-2007, 11:26 PM
I think I've posted a thread on this guy before, but British subject Gary McKinnon is accused of hacking into (mostly unclassified) Pentagon systems over the course of several years in search of UFO related materials. What he found was how easy it was to hack the Pentagon since back then, many computers lacked even basic firewall security. Good to know the organization which spends half of the world's defense budget, didn't even have even basic computer security protocols in the 90s...

Game over

Gary McKinnon has been accused of committing the 'biggest military computer hack of all time', and if extradited to the US faces up to 70 years in jail. So how did this techno geek from north London end up cracking open the Pentagon and Nasa's systems? He talks exclusively to Jon Ronson as he awaits his fate
Saturday July 9, 2005

Guardian
The following correction was printed in the Guardian's Corrections and clarifications column, Saturday July 23 2005

In the following article we incorrectly referred to a piece of software called RemotelyAnywhere as a hacking programme. The programme, made by 3am Labs, is designed for remote access and administration. It is used by thousands of enterprises worldwide. We apologise for the unintended misrepresentation.

In 1983, when Gary McKinnon was 17, he went to see the movie WarGames at his local cinema in Crouch End, north London. In WarGames, a geeky computer whiz kid hacks into a secret Pentagon network and, inadvertently, almost instigates world war three. Sitting in the cinema that day, the teenage Gary wondered if he, too, could be a hacker.

"Really," I say to him now, "WarGames should have put you off hacking for life."

"Well," he replies, "I didn't mean it to actually come true." WarGames ends with the Pentagon telling the young nerd how impressed they are by his technical acumen. He's probably going to grow up to have a brilliant career at Nasa or the department of defence. This is an unlikely scenario for Gary McKinnon. He currently faces 20 charges in the US, including stealing computer files, obtaining secrets that might have been "useful to an enemy", intentionally causing damage to a protected computer, and interfering with maritime navigation equipment in New Jersey. Last month he attended extradition proceedings at Bow Street magistrates court - he had, the American prosecutors said, perpetrated the "biggest military computer hack of all time". He "caused damage and impaired the integrity of information ... The US military district of Washington became inoperable and the cost of repairing the shutdown was $700,000 ... These [hacking attacks] occurred immediately after 9/11 ... " And so on.

This is Gary's first interview. He called me out of the blue on the Monday before last, just as I was screaming at my child to stop knocking on people's doors and running away. "Your son sounds like a hacker," he told me. Then he invited me to his house in Bounds Green, north London. He is good-looking, funny, slightly camp, nerdy, chain-smokes Benson & Hedges, and is terrified. "I'm walking down the road and I find I can't control my own legs," he says. "And I'm sitting up all night thinking about jail and about being arse-fucked. An American jail. And remember, according to them I was making Washington inoperable 'immediately after September 11'. I'm having all these visions of ... " Gary puts on a redneck prisoner voice, "'What you doing attacking our country, boy? Pick up that soap.' Yeah, it is absolutely fucking terrifying. Especially because a friend of mine was on holiday in America once and was viciously attacked and ended up killing the guy who attacked him - he did 10 years in an American prison. He's quite a tough guy, and he said he had to fight tooth and nail every single day, no let up at all. And I'm thinking, 'I'm only a little nerd'."

The prison sentence the US justice department is seeking - should Gary be successfully extradited - is up to 70 years. What Gary was hunting for, as he snooped around Nasa, and the Pentagon's network, was evidence of a UFO cover-up.

Gary McKinnon was born in Glasgow in 1966. His father ran a scaffolding gang, but his parents separated when he was six and he moved to London with his mother and stepfather, a bit of a UFO buff. "He comes from Falkirk," Gary says, "and just outside Falkirk there's a place called Bonnybridge, which is the UFO capital of the world. When he lived there, he had a dream that he was walking around Bonnybridge seeing huge ships. He told me this and it inflamed my curiosity. He was a great science fiction reader. So, him being my second father, I started reading science fiction, too, and doing everything he did."

Gary read Isaac Asimov and Robert Heinlein - "the golden age of science fiction" - and he joined Bufora, the British UFO Research Association, when he was 15. Bufora describes itself as "a nationwide network of around 300 people, who have a dedicated, noncultist interest in understanding the wide-ranging extent of the UFO enigma".

"So you began to believe in UFOs," I say.

"To hope," says Gary, "that there might be something more advanced than us, keeping a friendly eye on us. Hopefully a friendly eye." Then he saw WarGames, and he thought, "Can you really do it? Can you really gain unauthorised access to incredibly interesting places? Surely it can't be that easy." And so, in 1995, he gave it a try.

He sat in his girlfriend Tamsin's aunt's house in Crouch End, and he began to hack. He downloaded a program that searched for computers that used the Windows operating system, scanned addresses and pinpointed administrator user names that had no passwords. Basically, what Gary was looking for - and found time and again - were network administrators within high levels of the US government and military establishments who hadn't bothered to give themselves passwords. That's how he got in.

His Bufora friends "were living in cloud cuckoo land", he says. "All those conspiracy theorists seemed more concerned with believing it than proving it." He wanted evidence. He did a few trial runs, successfully hacking into Oxford University's network, for example, and he found the whole business "incredibly exciting. And then it got more exciting when I started going to places where I really shouldn't be".

"Like where?" I ask.

"The US Space Command," he says.

And so, for the next seven years, on and off, Gary sat in his girlfriend's aunt's house, a joint in the ashtray and a can of Foster's next to the mouse pad, and he snooped. From time to time, some Nasa scientist sitting at his desk somewhere would see his cursor move for no apparent reason. On those occasions, Gary's connection would be abruptly cut. This would never fail to freak out the then-stoned Gary.

He sounds to me like a virtuoso hacker, although I am someone who can barely download RealPlayer. I nod blankly as he says things like, "You get on to easy networks, like Support and Logistics, in order to exploit the trust relationship that military departments have between each other, and once you get on to an easy thing, you find out what networks they trust and then you hop and hop and hop, and eventually you think, 'That looks a bit more secretive.' " When I ask if he is brilliant, he says no. He's just an ordinary self-taught techie. And, he says, he was never alone.

"Once you're on the network, you can do a command called NetStat - Network Status - and it lists all the connections to that machine. There were hackers from Denmark, Italy, Germany, Turkey, Thailand ..."

"All on at once?" I ask. "You could see hackers from all over the world, snooping around, without the spaceniks or the military realising?"

"Every night," he says, "for the entire five to seven years I was doing this."

"Do you think they're still there? Are they still at it? Or have they been arrested, too?"

Gary says he doesn't know.

"What was the most exciting thing you saw?" I ask.

"I found a list of officers' names," he claims, "under the heading 'Non-Terrestrial Officers'."

"Non-Terrestrial Officers?" I say.

"Yeah, I looked it up," says Gary, "and it's nowhere. It doesn't mean little green men. What I think it means is not earth-based. I found a list of 'fleet-to-fleet transfers', and a list of ship names. I looked them up. They weren't US navy ships. What I saw made me believe they have some kind of spaceship, off-planet."

"The Americans have a secret spaceship?" I ask.

"That's what this trickle of evidence has led me to believe."

"Some kind of other Mir that nobody knows about?"

"I guess so," says Gary.

"What were the ship names?"

"I can't remember," says Gary. "I was smoking a lot of dope at the time. Not good for the intellect."

This was November 2000. By now, Gary was hooked. He quit his job as a systems administrator for a small business, "which hugely pissed off my girlfriend Tamsin. It was the last straw. She dumped me and started seeing this other bloke because I was such a selfish waste of space. Poor Tamsin. And she was the one paying the phone bill because I didn't have a job. We were still living together. God, have you ever tried living with someone after you've split up? It's bad."

So while Tamsin was trying to get on with her new relationship, Gary was in the living room of her aunt's house, hacking. He snooped around all the Forts - Fort Meade, Fort Benning, etc - reading internal court martial reports of soldiers getting imprisoned for rape and murder and drug abuse. At the Johnson Space Centre he spied on photographs of cigar-shaped objects that might have been UFOs but - he says - were probably satellites. "You end up lusting after more and more complex security measures," he says. "It was like a game. I loved computer games. I still do. It was like a real game. It was addictive. Hugely addictive."

It was never really politically motivated. The most political he's ever got is to attend a Noam Chomsky lecture. A John Pilger book sits on the coffee table next to his bed. Yes, he was hacking in the immediate aftermath of September 11, but only because he wanted to see if there was a conspiracy afoot. "Why did the building fall like a controlled series of explosions? " he says. "I hate conspiracy theories, so I thought I'd find out for myself."

"And did you find a conspiracy?" I ask.

"No," he says.

He strenuously denies the justice department's charge that he caused the "US military district of Washington" to become "inoperable". Well, once, he admits, but only once, he inadvertently pressed the wrong button and may have deleted some government files.

"What did you do then?"

"I thought, 'Ooh, bloody hell,' " he says. "And that's when I stopped for a while. And then my friend told me about Darpa. And so I started again."

Darpa is the Defence Advanced Research Projects Agency, an intriguing collection of brilliant military scientists, funded by the Pentagon. Darpa has been widely credited with inventing, among other things, the internet, the global positioning system, the computer mouse, and - somewhat more boneheadedly - FutureMAP, an online futures market designed to predict assassinations and bombings by encouraging investor speculation in such crimes. The US Senate once described FutureMAP as "an unbelievably stupid idea". Darpa has long been of interest to conspiracy theorists because it is semi-secretive, bizarre (they have put much effort into creating a team of telepathic spies) and occupies that murky world that lies between science and war.

Gary heard from a friend that Darpa might have invented a robot soldier, so he hacked in and claims he found evidence of "an autonomous machine that would go in and do the dirty work. These things could go upstairs and look for bombs. You wouldn't have to send in real people. And I also found these awful special forces training videos of guys running around, doing close-quarter battle. It was ridiculous. These yellow words would flash on to the video: 'BRUTALITY! REMEMBER BRUTALITY! SHOCK! DOMINATION!' You're thinking, 'Oh my God!' It was like Batman." I tell Gary that I've seen videos like that - incredibly fierce special forces training videos - when I was researching my book about US psychological operations.

"It's as if investigative journalism has died," he replies. "That's all I was doing. The only difference between you and me was that you were invited."

Gary was caught in November 2002. He says it was inevitable, in retrospect, because he was "getting a bit sloppy". He pauses. "I'd never have envisaged this happening to myself, but I did get a bit megalomaniacal as well. It got a bit silly. I ended up talking to people I hacked into."

"Saying 'I'm a hacker'?"

"No," he says, "I'd instant message them, using WordPad, with a bit of a political diatribe. You know, I'd leave a message on their desktop that read 'Secret government is blah blah blah.' " They found Gary in the end because he'd used his own email address to download a hacking program called RemotelyAnywhere. "God knows why I used my real email address," he says. "I suppose it means I'm not a secretive, sophisticated, checking-myself-every-step-of-the-way type of hacker."

On the night before his arrest, Gary had been up playing games. "Maybe I'd been doing a bit of weak, fun hacking, too," he says. "I'd had one hour's sleep, and I woke up completely muddled, and suddenly at the bottom of my bed there was this voice: 'Hello, my name's Jeff Donson from the National High Tech Crime Unit. Gary McKinnon, you're under arrest!' They put Tamsin and me in the meat-wagon. They took my PC, Tamsin's PC, three other computers I was fixing for friends. They went upstairs and took my girlfriend's auntie's daughter's computer."

Gary was kept in a police station overnight. Then the Americans offered him a deal, via his British solicitor. "They said, 'If you incur the cost of the whole extradition process, be a good boy, come over here, we'll give you three or four years, rather than the whole sentence.' I said, 'OK, give me that in writing.' They said, 'Oh no, we can't do that.' So they were offering a secret trial, no right of appeal on the outcome, no comment to the newspapers, and nothing in writing. My solicitor, doing her job, advised me to take it, and when I said no, she was very, 'Ooh, they're going to come down heavy.' "

In return, Gary offered a somewhat hare-brained counter deal, via a Virginia public defender. "I made a sort of veiled threat to them. I said, 'You know the places I've been, so you know the stuff I've seen' kind of thing." He pauses and blushes slightly. "That didn't work."

"So you were saying, 'If you go heavy on me, I'll tell people what I found'?"

"Yeah," he says. "And I found out that my landline was being bugged, so every time I was on the phone talking to a friend about it, I made sure I'd say, 'All I want is a quiet life, but if they really want to drag me through it, I'll drag them through the shit, too.' "

"And what would you have dragged them through the shit about?" I ask.

"You know," says Gary, "the, uh, Non-Terrestrial Officers. The spaceships. 'The whole world thinks it's cooperating in building the International Space Station, but you've already got a space-based army that you refer to as Non-Terrestrial Officers'."

There is a silence.

"I had very little evidence," he admits. "It's not a very good bargaining chip at all, really, is it?"

Given that the justice department has announced that the information Gary downloaded was not "classified", and he was stoned much of the time, perhaps we can assume that Nasa is not too worried about his "discoveries".

I ask Gary what's he's going to do next. He says on Friday he's off to the Trocadero in Piccadilly Circus, for the London 2600 meeting. He explains that they're known as a hacking group, but really they're a bunch of "unqualified experts who drink lots of beer and tell you all the funky undocumented things you can do with your mobile phones. They wire up PlayStation 2s and X-Boxes to dance mats. They play with technology and bend stuff without breaking it."

I ask Gary if they see him as some kind of mythical hero, now that the US government has described him as the biggest military hacker of all time. He says, no, they see him as a complete idiot. And, in some ways, he is indeed a complete idiot. Well, he is a likable and intelligent geeky man who did many, many idiotic things. What he is not, his friends and supporters reckon, is someone who deserves extradition and 70 years in an American jail. They've set up a Free Gary McKinnon website www.spy.org.uk/freegary .

Gary's never spoken publicly before, but now, with the extradition proceedings, he says there's nothing left open to him. For a while, it crossed his mind he might end up like the computer nerd from WarGames, having a brilliant career working for them. "They need people like me," he says. But that's not going to happen.

He's also chosen to talk now because his chances of getting a job have diminished to practically zero. "For the first time in the past few years, I just had a solid work offer," he says. "Game-testing. Which would have been a dream for me. I'm still a big kid like that. I'd love to do that for a job. But now, as a condition of this bail, I'm not allowed to touch the internet. So that was out of the window. So. Yeah. I thought, fuck it."

He and Tamsin have split up. He no longer lives in Crouch End but in the nearby, slightly more down-at-heel Bounds Green, and has given up smoking dope. He is not allowed near the internet, not allowed a passport, and spends a lot of time reading and sitting in the pub, awaiting his fate.

Nothing much happened in the years since his arrest in 2002 under the Computer Misuse Act - no charges were brought against him in the UK. Then on June 8 this year, he suddenly found himself in front of Bow Street magistrates, the target of extradition proceedings. That's when the panic attacks kicked in again, the horror visions of life in an American jail. He had poked around, he says, but he hadn't broken anything, besides that one inadvertent mistake. He thought he was going to get a year, max. Now they're talking about 70 years.

"You know," he says as we finish the interview, "everyone thinks this is fun or exciting. But it isn't exciting to me. It is terrifying."

His next extradition hearing is on July 27
Guardian Unlimited � Guardian News and Media Limited 2007 (http://www.guardian.co.uk/weekend/story/0,3605,1523143,00.html)

Last Updated: Wednesday, 8 June, 2005, 15:20 GMT 16:20 UK

Military 'hacker' freed on bail
Gary McKinnon leaving court
Gary McKinnon (seen through vehicle window) after the hearing
A British man arrested for allegedly carrying out the "biggest military computer hack of all time" has been released on bail by magistrates.

Gary McKinnon, accused of hacking into 53 US military and Nasa computers in 2001 and 2002, appeared before Bow Street magistrates in London.

The 39-year-old, of Wood Green, north London, will be back in court for an extradition hearing on 27 July.

His lawyer said he would contest extradition to the US "vigorously".

She told reporters: "Of particular concern to him is the treatment of other British nationals under the American judicial system which inspires little confidence.

"We believe that as a British national, he should be tried here in our courts by a British jury and not in the US."

Mr McKinnon, an unemployed computer systems administrator, is known on the internet as "Solo".

He is accused of hacking into computer networks operated by Nasa, the US Army, US Navy, Department of Defence and the US Air Force.

Mr McKinnon is charged with the biggest military computer hack of all time
Paul McNulty
US Attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia

One of the networks belonged to the Pentagon.

The US estimates the costs of tracking and correcting the problems he allegedly caused were around $1m (�570,000).

If he is extradited and found guilty, Mr McKinnon faces a long sentence in the US.

The Briton was indicted in 2002 by a federal grand jury on eight counts of computer-related crimes in 14 different states.

It claimed that he hacked into an army computer at Fort Myer, Virginia, obtained administrator privileges and transmitted codes, information and commands.

Unauthorised access

He is accused of then deleting around 1,300 user accounts.

The indictment alleged Mr McKinnon also deleted "critical system files" on the computer, copied a file containing usernames and encrypted passwords for the computer and installed tools to gain unauthorised access to other computers.

At the time of the indictment Paul McNulty, the US Attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia, said: "Mr McKinnon is charged with the biggest military computer hack of all time."

Mr McKinnon's solicitor, Karen Todner, estimates he could face a maximum 70-year jail sentence if convicted in the US.

She says he does not deny infiltrating US systems but says his motivation was to try to prove the existence of UFOs and to expose security failures.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4071708.stm

July 09, 2005
Gary McKinnon interviewed by Jon Ronson for The Guardian

Gary McKinnon has been interviewed by writer and broadcaster Jon Ronson for The Guardian newspaper:

"Gary McKinnon has been accused of committing the 'biggest military computer hack of all time', and if extradited to the US faces up to 70 years in jail. So how did this techno geek from north London end up cracking open the Pentagon and Nasa's systems? He talks exclusively to Jon Ronson as he awaits his fate

Saturday July 9, 2005
The Guardian

In 1983, when Gary McKinnon was 17, he went to see the movie WarGames at his local cinema in Crouch End, north London. In WarGames, a geeky computer whiz kid hacks into a secret Pentagon network and, inadvertently, almost instigates world war three. Sitting in the cinema that day, the teenage Gary wondered if he, too, could be a hacker.

"Really," I say to him now, "WarGames should have put you off hacking for life."

"Well," he replies, "I didn't mean it to actually come true." WarGames ends with the Pentagon telling the young nerd how impressed they are by his technical acumen. He's probably going to grow up to have a brilliant career at Nasa or the department of defence. This is an unlikely scenario for Gary McKinnon. He currently faces 20 charges in the US, including stealing computer files, obtaining secrets that might have been "useful to an enemy", intentionally causing damage to a protected computer, and interfering with maritime navigation equipment in New Jersey. Last month he attended extradition proceedings at Bow Street magistrates court - he had, the American prosecutors said, perpetrated the "biggest military computer hack of all time". He "caused damage and impaired the integrity of information ... The US military district of Washington became inoperable and the cost of repairing the shutdown was $700,000 ... These [hacking attacks] occurred immediately after 9/11 ... " And so on.

This is Gary's first interview. He called me out of the blue on the Monday before last, just as I was screaming at my child to stop knocking on people's doors and running away. "Your son sounds like a hacker," he told me. Then he invited me to his house in Bounds Green, north London. He is good-looking, funny, slightly camp, nerdy, chain-smokes Benson & Hedges, and is terrified. "I'm walking down the road and I find I can't control my own legs," he says. "And I'm sitting up all night thinking about jail and about being arse-fucked. An American jail. And remember, according to them I was making Washington inoperable 'immediately after September 11'. I'm having all these visions of ... " Gary puts on a redneck prisoner voice, "'What you doing attacking our country, boy? Pick up that soap.' Yeah, it is absolutely fucking terrifying. Especially because a friend of mine was on holiday in America once and was viciously attacked and ended up killing the guy who attacked him - he did 10 years in an American prison. He's quite a tough guy, and he said he had to fight tooth and nail every single day, no let up at all. And I'm thinking, 'I'm only a little nerd'."

The prison sentence the US justice department is seeking - should Gary be successfully extradited - is up to 70 years. What Gary was hunting for, as he snooped around Nasa, and the Pentagon's network, was evidence of a UFO cover-up.

Gary McKinnon was born in Glasgow in 1966. His father ran a scaffolding gang, but his parents separated when he was six and he moved to London with his mother and stepfather, a bit of a UFO buff. "He comes from Falkirk," Gary says, "and just outside Falkirk there's a place called Bonnybridge, which is the UFO capital of the world. When he lived there, he had a dream that he was walking around Bonnybridge seeing huge ships. He told me this and it inflamed my curiosity. He was a great science fiction reader. So, him being my second father, I started reading science fiction, too, and doing everything he did."

Gary read Isaac Asimov and Robert Heinlein - "the golden age of science fiction" - and he joined Bufora, the British UFO Research Association, when he was 15. Bufora describes itself as "a nationwide network of around 300 people, who have a dedicated, noncultist interest in understanding the wide-ranging extent of the UFO enigma".

"So you began to believe in UFOs," I say.

"To hope," says Gary, "that there might be something more advanced than us, keeping a friendly eye on us. Hopefully a friendly eye." Then he saw WarGames, and he thought, "Can you really do it? Can you really gain unauthorised access to incredibly interesting places? Surely it can't be that easy." And so, in 1995, he gave it a try.

He sat in his girlfriend Tamsin's aunt's house in Crouch End, and he began to hack. He downloaded a program that searched for computers that used the Windows operating system, scanned addresses and pinpointed administrator user names that had no passwords. Basically, what Gary was looking for - and found time and again - were network administrators within high levels of the US government and military establishments who hadn't bothered to give themselves passwords. That's how he got in.

His Bufora friends "were living in cloud cuckoo land", he says. "All those conspiracy theorists seemed more concerned with believing it than proving it." He wanted evidence. He did a few trial runs, successfully hacking into Oxford University's network, for example, and he found the whole business "incredibly exciting. And then it got more exciting when I started going to places where I really shouldn't be".

"Like where?" I ask.

"The US Space Command," he says.

And so, for the next seven years, on and off, Gary sat in his girlfriend's aunt's house, a joint in the ashtray and a can of Foster's next to the mouse pad, and he snooped. From time to time, some Nasa scientist sitting at his desk somewhere would see his cursor move for no apparent reason. On those occasions, Gary's connection would be abruptly cut. This would never fail to freak out the then-stoned Gary.

He sounds to me like a virtuoso hacker, although I am someone who can barely download RealPlayer. I nod blankly as he says things like, "You get on to easy networks, like Support and Logistics, in order to exploit the trust relationship that military departments have between each other, and once you get on to an easy thing, you find out what networks they trust and then you hop and hop and hop, and eventually you think, 'That looks a bit more secretive.' " When I ask if he is brilliant, he says no. He's just an ordinary self-taught techie. And, he says, he was never alone.

"Once you're on the network, you can do a command called NetStat - Network Status - and it lists all the connections to that machine. There were hackers from Denmark, Italy, Germany, Turkey, Thailand ..."

"All on at once?" I ask. "You could see hackers from all over the world, snooping around, without the spaceniks or the military realising?"

"Every night," he says, "for the entire five to seven years I was doing this."

"Do you think they're still there? Are they still at it? Or have they been arrested, too?"

Gary says he doesn't know.

"What was the most exciting thing you saw?" I ask.

"I found a list of officers' names," he claims, "under the heading 'Non-Terrestrial Officers'."

"Non-Terrestrial Officers?" I say.

"Yeah, I looked it up," says Gary, "and it's nowhere. It doesn't mean little green men. What I think it means is not earth-based. I found a list of 'fleet-to-fleet transfers', and a list of ship names. I looked them up. They weren't US navy ships. What I saw made me believe they have some kind of spaceship, off-planet."

"The Americans have a secret spaceship?" I ask.

"That's what this trickle of evidence has led me to believe."

"Some kind of other Mir that nobody knows about?"

"I guess so," says Gary.

"What were the ship names?"

"I can't remember," says Gary. "I was smoking a lot of dope at the time. Not good for the intellect."

This was November 2000. By now, Gary was hooked. He quit his job as a systems administrator for a small business, "which hugely pissed off my girlfriend Tamsin. It was the last straw. She dumped me and started seeing this other bloke because I was such a selfish waste of space. Poor Tamsin. And she was the one paying the phone bill because I didn't have a job. We were still living together. God, have you ever tried living with someone after you've split up? It's bad."

So while Tamsin was trying to get on with her new relationship, Gary was in the living room of her aunt's house, hacking. He snooped around all the Forts - Fort Meade, Fort Benning, etc - reading internal court martial reports of soldiers getting imprisoned for rape and murder and drug abuse. At the Johnson Space Centre he spied on photographs of cigar-shaped objects that might have been UFOs but - he says - were probably satellites. "You end up lusting after more and more complex security measures," he says. "It was like a game. I loved computer games. I still do. It was like a real game. It was addictive. Hugely addictive."

It was never really politically motivated. The most political he's ever got is to attend a Noam Chomsky lecture. A John Pilger book sits on the coffee table next to his bed. Yes, he was hacking in the immediate aftermath of September 11, but only because he wanted to see if there was a conspiracy afoot. "Why did the building fall like a controlled series of explosions? " he says. "I hate conspiracy theories, so I thought I'd find out for myself."

"And did you find a conspiracy?" I ask.

"No," he says.

He strenuously denies the justice department's charge that he caused the "US military district of Washington" to become "inoperable". Well, once, he admits, but only once, he inadvertently pressed the wrong button and may have deleted some government files.

"What did you do then?"

"I thought, 'Ooh, bloody hell,' " he says. "And that's when I stopped for a while. And then my friend told me about Darpa. And so I started again."

Darpa is the Defence Advanced Research Projects Agency, an intriguing collection of brilliant military scientists, funded by the Pentagon. Darpa has been widely credited with inventing, among other things, the internet, the global positioning system, the computer mouse, and - somewhat more boneheadedly - FutureMAP, an online futures market designed to predict assassinations and bombings by encouraging investor speculation in such crimes. The US Senate once described FutureMAP as "an unbelievably stupid idea". Darpa has long been of interest to conspiracy theorists because it is semi-secretive, bizarre (they have put much effort into creating a team of telepathic spies) and occupies that murky world that lies between science and war.

Gary heard from a friend that Darpa might have invented a robot soldier, so he hacked in and claims he found evidence of "an autonomous machine that would go in and do the dirty work. These things could go upstairs and look for bombs. You wouldn't have to send in real people. And I also found these awful special forces training videos of guys running around, doing close-quarter battle. It was ridiculous. These yellow words would flash on to the video: 'BRUTALITY! REMEMBER BRUTALITY! SHOCK! DOMINATION!' You're thinking, 'Oh my God!' It was like Batman." I tell Gary that I've seen videos like that - incredibly fierce special forces training videos - when I was researching my book about US psychological operations.

"It's as if investigative journalism has died," he replies. "That's all I was doing. The only difference between you and me was that you were invited."

Gary was caught in November 2002. He says it was inevitable, in retrospect, because he was "getting a bit sloppy". He pauses. "I'd never have envisaged this happening to myself, but I did get a bit megalomaniacal as well. It got a bit silly. I ended up talking to people I hacked into."

"Saying 'I'm a hacker'?"

"No," he says, "I'd instant message them, using WordPad, with a bit of a political diatribe. You know, I'd leave a message on their desktop that read 'Secret government is blah blah blah.' " They found Gary in the end because he'd used his own email address to download a hacking program called Remotely Anywhere. "God knows why I used my real email address," he says. "I suppose it means I'm not a secretive, sophisticated, checking-myself-every-step-of-the-way type of hacker."

On the night before his arrest, Gary had been up playing games. "Maybe I'd been doing a bit of weak, fun hacking, too," he says. "I'd had one hour's sleep, and I woke up completely muddled, and suddenly at the bottom of my bed there was this voice: 'Hello, my name's Jeff Donson from the National High Tech Crime Unit. Gary McKinnon, you're under arrest!' They put Tamsin and me in the meat-wagon. They took my PC, Tamsin's PC, three other computers I was fixing for friends. They went upstairs and took my girlfriend's auntie's daughter's computer."

Gary was kept in a police station overnight. Then the Americans offered him a deal, via his British solicitor. "They said, 'If you incur the cost of the whole extradition process, be a good boy, come over here, we'll give you three or four years, rather than the whole sentence.' I said, 'OK, give me that in writing.' They said, 'Oh no, we can't do that.' So they were offering a secret trial, no right of appeal on the outcome, no comment to the newspapers, and nothing in writing. My solicitor, doing her job, advised me to take it, and when I said no, she was very, 'Ooh, they're going to come down heavy.' "

In return, Gary offered a somewhat hare-brained counter deal, via a Virginia public defender. "I made a sort of veiled threat to them. I said, 'You know the places I've been, so you know the stuff I've seen' kind of thing." He pauses and blushes slightly. "That didn't work."

"So you were saying, 'If you go heavy on me, I'll tell people what I found'?"

"Yeah," he says. "And I found out that my landline was being bugged, so every time I was on the phone talking to a friend about it, I made sure I'd say, 'All I want is a quiet life, but if they really want to drag me through it, I'll drag them through the shit, too.' "

"And what would you have dragged them through the shit about?" I ask.

"You know," says Gary, "the, uh, Non-Terrestrial Officers. The spaceships. 'The whole world thinks it's cooperating in building the International Space Station, but you've already got a space-based army that you refer to as Non-Terrestrial Officers'."

There is a silence.

"I had very little evidence," he admits. "It's not a very good bargaining chip at all, really, is it?"

Given that the justice department has announced that the information Gary downloaded was not "classified", and he was stoned much of the time, perhaps we can assume that Nasa is not too worried about his "discoveries".

I ask Gary what's he's going to do next. He says on Friday he's off to the Trocadero in Piccadilly Circus, for the London 2600 meeting. He explains that they're known as a hacking group, but really they're a bunch of "unqualified experts who drink lots of beer and tell you all the funky undocumented things you can do with your mobile phones. They wire up PlayStation 2s and X-Boxes to dance mats. They play with technology and bend stuff without breaking it."

I ask Gary if they see him as some kind of mythical hero, now that the US government has described him as the biggest military hacker of all time. He says, no, they see him as a complete idiot. And, in some ways, he is indeed a complete idiot. Well, he is a likable and intelligent geeky man who did many, many idiotic things. What he is not, his friends and supporters reckon, is someone who deserves extradition and 70 years in an American jail. They've set up a Free Gary McKinnon website (spy.org.uk/freegary).

Gary's never spoken publicly before, but now, with the extradition proceedings, he says there's nothing left open to him. For a while, it crossed his mind he might end up like the computer nerd from WarGames, having a brilliant career working for them. "They need people like me," he says. But that's not going to happen.

He's also chosen to talk now because his chances of getting a job have diminished to practically zero. "For the first time in the past few years, I just had a solid work offer," he says. "Game-testing. Which would have been a dream for me. I'm still a big kid like that. I'd love to do that for a job. But now, as a condition of this bail, I'm not allowed to touch the internet. So that was out of the window. So. Yeah. I thought, fuck it."

He and Tamsin have split up. He no longer lives in Crouch End but in the nearby, slightly more down-at-heel Bounds Green, and has given up smoking dope. He is not allowed near the internet, not allowed a passport, and spends a lot of time reading and sitting in the pub, awaiting his fate.

Nothing much happened in the years since his arrest in 2002 under the Computer Misuse Act - no charges were brought against him in the UK. Then on June 8 this year, he suddenly found himself in front of Bow Street magistrates, the target of extradition proceedings. That's when the panic attacks kicked in again, the horror visions of life in an American jail. He had poked around, he says, but he hadn't broken anything, besides that one inadvertent mistake. He thought he was going to get a year, max. Now they're talking about 70 years.

"You know," he says as we finish the interview, "everyone thinks this is fun or exciting. But it isn't exciting to me. It is terrifying."

His next extradition hearing is on July 27"

Posted by wtwu at 09:18 PM | Comments (27) | TrackBack
US Army Computer Crime Investigation Unit

Government Computer News has an article on the US Army�s Computer Crime Investigative Unit:

�CCIU agents respond to and investigate network intrusions and other computer-related felonies across the globe,� Andrews said. �Given the so-called borderless nature of Internet-based crime, many of CCIU�s cases involve investigative leads in foreign countries, adding even more complexity to cases that can often involve hundreds of thousands of dollars in damages."

One such case occurred three years ago.
Gary McKinnon, a computer administrator from London, faces extradition for charges that he hacked into military and NASA computer systems, deleting files and blocking access to the Internet, officials said. The incident occurred over a 12-month period during 2001 and 2002. CCIU gathered evidence and led the international investigation that resulted in McKinnon�s arrest.

Special agent Brent A. Pack, operations officer of the Fort Belvoir, Va.-based unit, said nabbing the hacker involved �collecting, examining and reporting more than 1T of electronic evidence.�
McKinnon was indicted by a U.S. grand jury in 2002 on eight counts of computer crimes and is scheduled for an extradition hearing on July 27 in London."

Posted by wtwu at 08:55 AM | Comments (4) | TrackBack
June 17, 2005
FCW: Army rebuilds network defenses after hacks

It looks as if the US Army has still been having problems with computer intrusions via NIPRNET:

Army rebuilds network defenses after hacks
CIO responds with enterprise consolidation initiative

BY Frank Tiboni
Published on Jun. 13, 2005
Federal Computer Week

The Army has spent millions of dollars in the past year and a half to rebuild networks at major U.S. bases after hackers penetrated its systems, Army and industry officials said.

The incidents at the bases were serious enough that Army information technology officials pulled the plug on the connection to the Defense Department's Non-classified IP Router Network (NIPRNET)."

"As a result of the Army's network intrusions, Pentagon officials instructed the service to devise a plan to improve network security. Army IT officials have worked to improve network security and operations and to rebuild the networks at the facilities that were attacked.

The Army is developing an enterprise consolidation plan for next year that will reduce the number of networks and help improve the service's network defenses, Army and industry officials said.

The Army could spend millions of dollars repairing and upgrading the networks at two Army installations, said George Hermalik, Continental U.S. risk mitigation team leader in the Enterprise Systems Technology Activity (ESTA) in the Army's Network Enterprise Technology Command (Netcom). He spoke last week at the 2005 Army IT conference in Las Vegas.

Hermalik declined to specify what installations were involved in the effort. But Maj. Gen. Dennis Moran, director of information operations, networks and space in the Army's Office of the Chief Information Officer, said in a speech at the conference that Fort Hood, Texas, has a huge information security problem.

An industry official familiar with the situation said there have been hackings at Fort Hood, home of the 4th Infantry Division and the service's first digitized division, and Fort Bragg, N.C., the location of the 82nd Airborne Division and the service's elite paratroop forces. An Army IT official with knowledge of the events confirmed the hack"ings at Fort Hood, but would not comment on the other installation. He said remediation efforts have been ongoing at Fort Hood for the past two years.

Army IT officials declined to comment on the hackings' location and nature because that could give enemies insight about perceived or actual vulnerabilities in the service's networks. Fort Hood officials deferred comment to Army headquarters at the Pentagon.

Army IT executives took bold measures to improve network operations and rebuild networks after the events at the two bases. At one installation, leaders ignored concerns and advice from the Army's IT staff, so the IT executives cut the base's NIPRNET connection.

An Army IT official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, said Gen. Richard Cody, the Army's vice chief of staff, the service's second highest officer, urged the bases to follow Army headquarters policy. The installation's connection to NIPRNET was restored after officials at the base complied with the Army's security regulations.

The effort to upgrade networks shows that service IT leaders take network operations seriously, Army and industry officials said. They said Lt. Gen. Steve Boutelle, CIO; Maj. Gen. James Hylton, Netcom commanding general; and Joe Capps, ESTA director, have been "brilliant and ruthless" in dealing with the Army's computer security problems.

"We are a nation at war, and although protection of our networks has always been a high priority, we are even more vigilant now, and the less the enemy knows, the better it is for the people who protect our networks and the soldiers they serve," said Vernon Bettencourt Jr., the Army's deputy CIO, in a statement. "I will not go into specifics on what types of defensive measures we have in place. However, I will say that great emphasis is placed on constant vigilance."

Remediation of the networks involves scanning networks for vulnerabilities, applying patches to operating systems and applications, and establishing appropriate security measures, Bettencourt said.

The Army plans to consolidate servers and networks servicewide to create a more secure, manageable environment, Army officials say.

The service will reduce the number of servers from between 3,000 and 10,000 to 800 and the number of connections to the Non-classified IP Router Network from about 199 to six, according to a presentation at the 2005 Army information technology conference held in Las Vegas last week.

The move will help the Army create a secure network boundary with a limited number of entry and exit points to the Internet.

� Frank Tiboni"

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24829

Unchainme
07-28-2007, 11:54 PM
pretty cool Articles Nick..I've read some of the articles..I'm fascinated by the secrets our Government holds...I've heard that their is rumored to be an underground base in New Mexico somewhere, People have said to felt tremors and such..

This a Great thread..Hope it keeps going..

Unchainme
07-29-2007, 12:07 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montauk_Project

This would be cool, yet REALLY CREEPY..if it was true..

Hardrock69
08-03-2007, 10:27 AM
Ulster's X-files: dossier of UFO sightings released

Thursday, August 02, 2007

By Sam Lister

A secret 'X-files' style dossier of UFO sightings in Northern Ireland has been made public for the first time.

Details revealed under the Freedom of Information Act show that 11 sightings have been reported in the area in the past decade.

They range from bright lights to dome-shaped objects, according to the Ministry of Defence log books that list times, dates, places and descriptions.

The busiest year for possible 'space invader' activity in the province was 1999, with five incidents recorded, including two in Co Antrim within 48 hours.

Other reports include 18 lights moving across the sky and an object the size of a bowling ball with red lines on it that "moved fast, then vanished" .

Describing one incident, a witness told the MoD they saw "two egg shaped objects, with red, blue and green coloured lights", adding it was dome shaped at the top but was flat at the bottom.

Every year in the UK, more than 100 UFO sightings are reported to the MoD.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00252/map_252915a.jpg

Although the Ministry does not have any expertise in respect of UFOs, it is required to investigate every sighting in order to establish whether or not the UK's airspace has been infringed upon.

An MoD spokesman said: "The MoD examines reports solely to establish whether UK airspace may have been compromised by hostile or unauthorised military activity.

"If required, sighting reports are examined with the assistance of the department's air defence experts.

"Unless there is evidence of a potential threat, there is no attempt to identify the nature of each sighting reported."

However, correspondence between the MoD and members of the public reveals that Whitehall officials remain "totally open- minded" about the existence of UFOs.

Giving details of the MoD's policy on UFOs, the Director of Air Staff said in a lengthy response to a Freedom of Information request: "The Ministry of Defence does not have any expertise or role in respect of 'UFO (or) flying saucer' matters or to the question of the existence or otherwise of extraterrestrial life forms, about which it remains totally open-minded.

"To date the MoD knows of no evidence which substantiates the existence of these alleged phenomena.

"The MoD examines any 'UFO' reports it receives solely to establish whether what was seen might have some defence significance; namely, whether there is any evidence that the United Kingdom's airspace might have been compromised by hostile or unauthorised air activity.

"Unless there is evidence of a potential threat to the United Kingdom from an external source, and to date no 'UFO' report has revealed such evidence, we do not attempt to identify the precise nature of each sighting reported to us."

He added: "We believe that rational explanations, such as aircraft lights or natural phenomena, could be found for them if resources were diverted for this purpose, but it is not the function of the MoD to provide this kind of aerial identification service.

"It would be an inappropriate use of defence resources if we were to do so."

Details of the UFO sightings by members of the public were released in response to a series of requests made under the Freedom of Information Act, the MoD confirmed.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/article2826498.ece

svrwthr
08-03-2007, 05:11 PM
My rant on this even though I didn't read most of it is that they try not to be seen. Think about it. We as early humans try not to disturb fragile environments of rare species but we still study that environment to see how animals in that environment evolve, breed and the such. As we advance we will continue with leaving other species alone but watching them from afar. I think the same could be true about the possibility of super advanced alien beings watching us evolve and advance.

TAKIN WHISKEY
08-03-2007, 06:42 PM
I think the same could be true about the possibility of super advanced alien beings watching us evolve and advance.

Hoping that we don't destroy ourselves or the planet along the way.