PDA

View Full Version : Military To Crackdown On North American Union Protesters

Hardrock69
07-27-2007, 09:04 AM
Infowars.net | July 25, 2007
Steve Watson

The US army is to enforce a huge security perimeter around the upcoming North American Union meeting in Canada this August as well as cracking down on expected protests, having already shut down a public forum due to take place close to the event.

The Security and Prosperity Partnership meeting in Montebello, Quebec on August 20 and 21 is to be policed by American forces, who along with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) and the Sûreté du Québec (SQ) have already refused to allow the Municipality of Papineauville, which is about six kilometres from Montebello, to rent a community centre
to the Council of Canadians action group who were planning to hold a public forum the night before the confab to express their concerns about the meeting and the issues being discussed.
“It is deplorable that we are being prevented from bringing together a panel of writers, academics and parliamentarians to share their concerns about the Security and Prosperity Partnership with Canadians,” said Brent Patterson, director of organizing with the Council of Canadians. “Meanwhile, six kilometres away, corporate leaders from the United States, Mexico and Canada will have unimpeded access to our political leaders.”

The Council of Canadians has also been told that in addition to the 25km perimeter in Montebello, there will be checkpoints in nearby areas, and vehicles carrying more than five people will be turned back.

A whole host of other Canadian activist groups are scheduling protests despite the military cordon. According to journalist and NAU researcher Jerome R. Corsi, the protesters believe that as many as 10,000 people could assemble in Quebec to demonstrate.

One particular activist group, Canadian Action Party , has taken issue with US troops coordinating operations for the confab on Canadian soil while denying access to Canadian citizens.

CAP's leader said,”Bad enough that our RCMP and the Quebec provincial police force would apply offensive Canadian law to prevent a legitimate meeting of dissenting citizens. Totally untenable that a foreign army assumes jurisdiction on our land. But this we knew from the Binational Planning Agreement begun in 2002 that saw Canada crawl on its belly and permit the USA military to enter our land whenever it deems necessary. “

“Does anyone still believe that our federal leaders have not thrown away our sovereignty ? That from Chretien (Liberal) to Martin (Liberal) to Harper (Conservative), the Prime Ministers of our land have not been committing treason behind closed doors? How otherwise would it be possible that a proud, sovereign, and free nation would see a foreign army on its soil interfering with the right of Canadians to assemble and to speak?”

Elite lobbying group the Council on Foreign Relations seeded the plan for a "North American Advisory Council" which eventually became the SPP.

It comes as no surprise to NAU researchers that the latest SPP meeting will be a highly secretive and guarded affair given that CFR documents have revealed that the group wants to "establish private bodies that would meet regularly or annually to buttress North American relationships, along the lines of the Bilderberg conferences."

Internal SPP documents released under the FOIA have also shown that a wide range of US administrative law is being re-written in stealth under this program to "integrate" and "harmonize" with administrative law in Mexico and Canada, in a similar fashion to moves that have become commonplace within the EU.

The documents contain references to upwards of 13 working groups within an entire organized infrastructure that has drawn from officials within most areas of administrative government including U.S. departments of State, Homeland Security, Commerce, Treasury, Agriculture, Transportation, Energy, Health and Human Services, and the office of the US Trade Representative.

During the upcoming SPP meeting an advisory Council created last year known as the North American Competitiveness Council will meet on issues including border regulation and competitiveness in the automotive, transportation, manufacturing and services sectors. The council is expected to meet annually with security and prosperity ministers and will engage with senior government officials on an ongoing basis.

Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper is scheduled to host the Quebec summit which Mexican President Felipe Calderon and US President George W. Bush also planning to attend.

The highest elected officials within the US, Canadian and Mexican governments are meeting together with advisory bodies staffed by senior private sector representatives yet the public are being forcibly denied any access to the event in addition to a pathetic blackout on behalf of the corporate media which still ridicules anyone who suggests the North American Union plan even exists.

http://www.infowars.com/articles/nwo/nau_military_crackdown_on_nau_protests.htm

FORD
07-27-2007, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69

Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper is scheduled to host the Quebec summit which Mexican President Felipe Calderon and US President George W. Bush also planning to attend.

I'm no fan of Little Stevie Wonderbush, but I wonder how he's going to feel about being the only legitimately elected (as far as I know) leader at this meeting. Since he's in on the whole neocon agenda, it probably won't bother him that much.

US troops on Canadian soil?? Sounds like trouble to me.

What do our Canadian correspondents think of this?

scamper
07-27-2007, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by FORD

Sounds like a bunch of bullshit to me.

Angel
07-27-2007, 03:17 PM
I'm no fan of Little Stevie Wonderbush, but I wonder how he's going to feel about being the only legitimately elected (as far as I know) leader at this meeting. Since he's in on the whole neocon agenda, it probably won't bother him that much.

What do our Canadian correspondents think of this?

You can guess my opinion..... Fucking stupid bastards. What's more interesting is that this isn't hitting the news here. Mind you, I've been too fucking busy lately to watch the news or read any papers.

THIS IS FUCKING BULLSHIT!!!!!

FORD
07-28-2007, 04:18 PM
Where's the rest of our Canadians??

Let's see some OOTrage on this travesty!!

Angel
07-28-2007, 06:34 PM
Hey, we say OUT!!! (well, except our Maritimers ;)) YOU guys say AOUT!

Nitro Express
07-30-2007, 04:21 AM
Since all our equipment is over in the middle east and we have to purchase half our small arms ammunition from Israel because US suppliers can't produce enough of it. I bet the Canadian military could run our soldiers out on a rail. Another reason for Canadians to own guns, so you can run the US military out of your country.

Gee, we arrest and jail our border patrol for enforcing our laws, invade Canada with military force to keep protestors at bay. I'm just wondering why the Canadians aren't kicking our ass and we aren't kicking the Mexicans ass in all of this?

Angel
07-30-2007, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
Since all our equipment is over in the middle east and we have to purchase half our small arms ammunition from Israel because US suppliers can't produce enough of it. I bet the Canadian military could run our soldiers out on a rail. Another reason for Canadians to own guns, so you can run the US military out of your country.

Well, most of our troops are in Afghanistan fighting the real war on terror. We can't bring them back, because we don't have the transport planes available... you guys are transporting our troops these days, I believe.

We can't run them out... this has gotten absolutely 0 news coverage in Canada. If I hadn't read this here, I would have no idea it was taking place.... Makes me wonder what other shit little Stevie Wonderbread is hiding from us?

Nickdfresh
07-30-2007, 04:38 PM

Probably saying, "this is complete, made up bullshit," to themselves as they chuckle...:)

Angel
07-30-2007, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Probably saying, "this is complete, made up bullshit," to themselves as they chuckle...:)

We're being kept very much in the dark about this one:

Canadians Completely Unaware of Looming North American Union
Bush and Calderon to Visit Canada

by Kevin Parkinson

Global Research, July 17, 2007

In just over a month’s time, on August 20, the most powerful president in the world will be arriving in Montebello, Quebec for a two-day conference. President George W. Bush will be meeting with Stephen Harper and their Mexican counterpart, Felipe Calderon. So far, the silence from the Canadian and American media has been deafening.

Talk to 90% of people on the street and they won’t know about this upcoming conference, and if by a slim chance they do, they won’t know the purpose of the meeting or why the leaders of Canada, United States and Mexico are meeting in the dog days of summer under what amounts to a veil of secrecy.

So, what’s this upcoming conference all about, and why are the newspapers, radio and television keeping silent about it?

The purpose of the upcoming conference is to ratify the Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America, which was initiated by Bush, Martin and Fox in 2005 in Waco, Texas. Essentially, this so-called ‘partnership’ will result in what the politicians refer to as ‘continental integration’-newspeak for a North American Union- and basically a harmonization of 100’s of regulations, policies and laws.

In layman’s terms, it means that once this ‘partnership’ has been ratified which is a fait accompli; we will be following in the footsteps of the European Union. It will mean that Canada will become part of the North American Union by 2010, and that our resources, agricultural, health and environment issues, to name a few, will be controlled not by Canada, but by the government of the North American Union.

A huge ‘NAFTA’ highway, one quarter of a mile wide, is already being built in Texas, where private land is being expropriated, and will eventually reach the Manitoba border.

Water will be the ‘issue’ of this century, as more than 25 states in the U.S. are currently in desperate need. Where do you think they will get the water they need?

The United States is already guaranteed 60% of our natural gas resources from NAFTA, which mean that even during emergencies when we need energy, we will have to import it, while we are forced to export gas to the U.S. This is just one example of how Canada is being shortchanged, and it’s only going to get worse.

Why has there been absolutely NO public consultation on the biggest issue (North American Union) facing Canadians since Confederation? Why isn’t Guy Lauzon, our local MP for Stormont, Dundas and South Glengarry, holding town hall meetings, bringing in cabinet ministers and explaining how the emerging North American Union will affect our Canadian way of life? Ask the citizens of Canada for their feedback. Isn’t that how democracy is supposed to work?

Folks, I suggest that Mr. Lauzon isn’t even aware of the SPP or the North American Union, which explains why the Conservative government has denied all Canadians information to which they are entitled. If he does have something to say about it, then let him raise the issue in our riding.

Furthermore, the example of the North American Union illustrates that our government claims to be democratic, but in fact, does it act like one, or does it prefer to make the big decisions at committee level behind closed doors, while masking its real intentions?

The ratification of the SPP, and the emergence of the North American Union have been organized entirely by government committees and private enterprise. I refer readers to my website at www.realitycheck.typepad.com

for further information on the North American Union.

If our citizenry allows the North American Union to come into existence, then our way of life will change drastically, for the years to come. With privatization of our resources, increased foreign ownership, and a Canadian government with less and less authority, our children and grandchildren will be come ‘North Americans’ and our quality of life will drastically decline.

The founding fathers of Canada must be rolling over in their graves.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=6346

WACF
08-08-2007, 03:55 AM
Initiated by Martin...A Liberal(There goes the Neo-Con angle)...this started two years ago when the Fiberals where in power.

I have heard about it before but never really paid attention to what it is.

I'll have to look it up.

Between our Mounties and SF I doubt any US forces are required.
Our SF run both black and green ops so there are always assets available in Canada.

WACF
08-08-2007, 03:58 AM
Originally posted by Angel
Well, most of our troops are in Afghanistan fighting the real war on terror. We can't bring them back, because we don't have the transport planes available... you guys are transporting our troops these days, I believe.

We can't run them out... this has gotten absolutely 0 news coverage in Canada. If I hadn't read this here, I would have no idea it was taking place.... Makes me wonder what other shit little Stevie Wonderbread is hiding from us?

Thanks to Stevie we get our first of 4 C-17's this year.

WACF
08-08-2007, 04:00 AM

Just got back from camping, drinking beer and burning perfectly good meat in the Rockies for the last few weeks.

Nitro Express
08-08-2007, 05:00 AM
Originally posted by WACF
Just got back from camping, drinking beer and burning perfectly good meat in the Rockies for the last few weeks.

When the world is going to hell, go camping. Then you don't have to hear people whine and cry about things they have little control over. LOL!

Angel
08-08-2007, 12:59 PM
Thanks to Stevie we get our first of 4 C-17's this year.

Having a son who will be in Afghanistan in the not too distant future, I'm relieved that money is being spent the way it should have been for the last 40 years!

Unbelievable that our soldiers are now becoming the envy of the Brits & US in Afghanistan, as we are some of the best equipped.

WACF
08-08-2007, 01:27 PM
If your son steps into armour and gets a chance at the Leopard 2A6Ms he may never leave the forces.

Angel
08-08-2007, 03:20 PM
Well, he's going for armoured division. He's got definite plans though. Armoured, then transfer to Intelligence Branch, and then on to either working for or starting his own international security/intelligence agency. He'll do well, I'm sure.

Now, off-topic but....

Whereabouts in the Rockies were you? I grew up in Banff.

Nickdfresh
08-08-2007, 03:41 PM
If your son steps into armour and gets a chance at the Leopard 2A6Ms he may never leave the forces.

Canada bought those?

WACF
08-08-2007, 05:18 PM
Canada bought those?

We are leasing(For free) 20 from Germany...they are happy as hell...they said that it has never been combat tested and if anyone can break them the Canadians can...LOL

We just bought 100 variants starting at the 2A4 and up from Denmark...barely used and in heated storage.

The plans are to upgrade 40 of the 2A4s to the 2A6M(Pretty much just add on armour) and then the rest to 2A6 with some 2A4s remaing as trainers.

WACF
08-08-2007, 05:21 PM
Angel...

We started out in Banff...headed to Lake Louise then went to Revelstoke and spent a few days at Canyon Hot Springs.

Then headed back to Banff for a wedding at the Rimrock.
There lots of nice trails and things to see around Banff.

Must of been great growing up there!

Awsome weather...usually when I hook up the camper and the wife steps outside rain clouds apear.

The curse has been broken!

WACF
08-08-2007, 05:23 PM
Nick...

http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/6059/leopard2a6mcancanadianapk3.jpg

The pic posted too big so just goto the link.

WACF
08-08-2007, 05:26 PM
....oops....edited for dumbassedness.

Nickdfresh
08-08-2007, 05:37 PM
Interesting. It has that cage "skirting" to detonate RPGs before they can hit the actual armor...

WACF
08-11-2007, 12:34 AM
Angel...our strategic lift problems are soon to be over.

Do not forget that the NDP and Liberals fought hard to prevent this contract with Boeing.

http://bp2.blogger.com/_C26hJDx8bfQ/RrxvWcbfzsI/AAAAAAAAAEo/TtPXQ4GAmDg/s1600/C-17%2Btest%2Bflight.jpg

Boeing Delivers Canada's First C-17

ST. LOUIS, Aug. 08, 2007 -- The Boeing Company [NYSE: BA] today delivered the first of four C-17 Globemaster IIIs to the Canadian Forces during a ceremony at the company's Long Beach, Calif., C-17 manufacturing facility.
"Boeing again has made good on our commitment to provide world-class airlift capability to our customer in world-record time," said Dave Bowman, C-17 program vice president, before senior Canadian officials and more than 1,000 C-17 employees. "This is yet another great day for Boeing and demonstrates our ability to design, build, deliver and support the world's most advanced airlifter."

The Canadian government recently reactivated its 429 Transport Squadron, based at 8 Wing/Canadian Forces Base Trenton, Ontario, to operate the C-17 fleet. The squadron, which dates back to World War II, also will be responsible for day-to-day aircraft maintenance.

"The test flights are over, our flight crews are trained, the Maple Leaf is painted on the fuselage of Canada One, and the first of our four C-17s is ready to come home," said Dan Ross, Canada's Assistant Deputy Minister for Materiel. "Today's delivery ceremony marks a new stage in Canada's ability to provide strategic airlift and support of our military, humanitarian operations and, most specifically, to Afghanistan."

The Canadian C-17 has unique markings, differentiating it from U.S. Air Force C-17s previously delivered by Boeing. Those markings include the word "Canada" above the entry door, small and large Canadian flags on the fuselage and tail, respectively, and a Canadian maple leaf on the aft part of the fuselage. The jet also displays the Canadian Forces' signature, "Canadian Forces¦Forces Canadiennes." The signature appears in both English and French to honor the country's bilingual heritage.

Canada becomes the third international C-17 customer, following the United Kingdom's Royal Air Force and the Royal Australian Air Force. Canada's first C-17 will arrive at its home base in Trenton on Aug. 12, after a brief stop at the Abbotsford International Air Show near Vancouver, British Columbia on Aug. 11. Boeing will deliver the second Canadian C-17 in October and the final two aircraft in 2008.

The C-17 is the world's only tactical airlift aircraft with strategic capabilities. Capable of flying between continents and landing on short, austere runways, the C-17 is used worldwide for both military and humanitarian missions.

WACF
08-11-2007, 02:31 PM
Interesting. It has that cage "skirting" to detonate RPGs before they can hit the actual armor...

Yeah...you see alot of US LAV IIIs with that cage on it too.

That Leopard is too sexy looking for that skirting...but it does have a purpose.

more pics....

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/4396/p1169123gk9.jpg

http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/5387/leopard2a6mcancanadianaqb2.jpg

http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/1545/leopard2a6mcancanadianamv2.jpg

Angel
08-12-2007, 02:06 PM
Angel...our strategic lift problems are soon to be over.

Do not forget that the NDP and Liberals fought hard to prevent this contract with Boeing.

Yeah, caught that on the news! One of the few things I like about Harper is the military spending. It's about fucking time.

I was always pissed at the Liberals' lack of military spending... As if peacekeepers aren't in a war zone. :rolleyes: As for the NDP, I witnessed firsthand what they did to BC.

Have you caught anything on the news at all about this meeting in Quebec? I haven't seen boo yet, but did find this article.http://www.augustreview.com/news_commentary/north_american_union/the_plan_to_disappear_canada_2007060866/

BITEYOASS
08-12-2007, 10:20 PM
Yeah, caught that on the news! One of the few things I like about Harper is the military spending. It's about fucking time.

I was always pissed at the Liberals' lack of military spending... As if peacekeepers aren't in a war zone. :rolleyes: As for the NDP, I witnessed firsthand what they did to BC.

Have you caught anything on the news at all about this meeting in Quebec? I haven't seen boo yet, but did find this article.http://www.augustreview.com/news_commentary/north_american_union/the_plan_to_disappear_canada_2007060866/

What did they do in BC anyway? Steal joints?

WACF
08-12-2007, 11:30 PM

No...I have not seen much.

Being summer and my puter time is limited perhaps I do not see it when I normaly would.

What I can not figure out though is why we are not hearing about it if it is all true.

Our media(Who love bashing the Tories) and the opposition parites normally would be all over this like stink on a gorilla.
Being that it was all started when the Libs where in power I can not see them not knowing....they frickin' booked it.

It does not add up....

WACF
08-12-2007, 11:32 PM
...I have not looked in a long time but there is a left wing blog aggreator...the blogging dippers...That would be a good place to start a search...I won't have time tonight.

Just remember to wear a tin foil hat and look out for black helicopters after you log off!

Nickdfresh
08-13-2007, 12:26 AM
Yeah...you see alot of US LAV IIIs with that cage on it too.

That Leopard is too sexy looking for that skirting...but it does have a purpose.

more pics....

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/4396/p1169123gk9.jpg

http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/5387/leopard2a6mcancanadianaqb2.jpg

http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/1545/leopard2a6mcancanadianamv2.jpg

Pretty panzer.:)

TongueNGroove
08-13-2007, 03:45 AM
Is this even something worth discussing? American soldeirs wouldn't be ther eif they weren't invited. It's not like we are invading Canada.....paaalease people.

Angel
08-13-2007, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by BITEYOASS
What did they do in BC anyway? Steal joints?

Oh fuck, they stole everything... and handed out welfare cheques like it was let's make a deal or something. Broke the province. NDP are too socialist for me.

BITEYOASS
08-13-2007, 10:43 AM
Oh fuck, they stole everything... and handed out welfare cheques like it was let's make a deal or something. Broke the province. NDP are too socialist for me.

I remember a CBC radio podcast which had a news story about Keifer Sutherland over in Regina schilling for that party. Mostly because his grandfather was the founder.

BITEYOASS
08-13-2007, 10:49 AM
I also think Canada should have at least one Naval Amphibious group which includes one of the RN's old carriers. Get a couple of Harrier squadrons while your at it and base it all in Newfoundland. Boost the economy up over there and distract the unemployed cod fisherman from clubbing baby seals. :D

WACF
08-13-2007, 12:09 PM
I remember a CBC radio podcast which had a news story about Keifer Sutherland over in Regina schilling for that party. Mostly because his grandfather was the founder.

Yes...Tommy Douglas.

He was at the root at what everntually turned into the NDP.

The best thing he did what help introduce what became our universal healthcare.

The downside is he was a hair away from being a full blown commie...a very big supporter of the nanny state.

WACF
08-13-2007, 12:16 PM
I also think Canada should have at least one Naval Amphibious group which includes one of the RN's old carriers. Get a couple of Harrier squadrons while your at it and base it all in Newfoundland. Boost the economy up over there and distract the unemployed cod fisherman from clubbing baby seals. :D

Our Tories have a dream...but cash is short and we are playing catch up.

Their plan is at least one amphibious ship...a troop carrier with a helo deck(with dedicated chopers) to move eqiupment and troops from sea to land.

They almost got a chance at one of your Marine ships comming of the prodction line but had to scale back to replace our supply ships.
The opposition parties started screaming that the Harper government was copying Bush and that we had no need for an invasion ship as we are peacekeepers.
We actually borrowed one of your ships with it's crew to do an exercise...it went very well.

Never mind the fact that our peacekeeping missions require equipment and the ability to get there!

WACF
08-13-2007, 12:22 PM

Welcome to Saskatchewan...the province of missed opportunities!

Luckily our NDPers have not done as bad as BC.

Non the less...if you swing by the Legislature and kick Calvert in the nuts for me that would be great!

BITEYOASS
08-13-2007, 12:40 PM
Our Tories have a dream...but cash is short and we are playing catch up.

Their plan is at least one amphibious ship...a troop carrier with a helo deck(with dedicated chopers) to move eqiupment and troops from sea to land.

They almost got a chance at one of your Marine ships comming of the prodction line but had to scale back to replace our supply ships.
The opposition parties started screaming that the Harper government was copying Bush and that we had no need for an invasion ship as we are peacekeepers.
We actually borrowed one of your ships with it's crew to do an exercise...it went very well.

Never mind the fact that our peacekeeping missions require equipment and the ability to get there!

It's best for canada to have it's own basic infantry capabilities for Airborne and Amphibious operations. So to avoid the logistical BS of obtaining the means to do so from other countries. Especially when the Ministry of Defense rented a russian merchant vessel to transport equipment from the Bosnian peacekeeping operation several years ago and was late on it's payments. I think it wouldn't be too greedy to have at least one C-17 squadron and one amphibious group.

WACF
08-13-2007, 12:56 PM
It's best for canada to have it's own basic infantry capabilities for Airborne and Amphibious operations. So to avoid the logistical BS of obtaining the means to do so from other countries. Especially when the Ministry of Defense rented a russian merchant vessel to transport equipment from the Bosnian peacekeeping operation several years ago and was late on it's payments. I think it wouldn't be too greedy to have at least one C-17 squadron and one amphibious group.

Our first C-17 starts duties in Afghanistan at the end of the month.

Our 2nd shows up in Nov and two more in the spring.

The whole renting situation was a joke...and having our equipment held hostage till we pay the bill was an embarasment!
Our DART team would always show up late to the disasters because we had to wait for a rental...you gotta shake your head at this stuff.

We lost our Airborne Regiment due to politics(bad press from Somalia and the fact the Liberals wanted to cut defense money and paratroopers are expensive!) but each Regiment retained one airborne company.
Our new Special Operations branch is supposed to fill the Airbornes void now.

The Tories are making change but it is tough...so much money is needed to bring the military back to what it should be.
It is a hard uphill battle also with two opposition parties playing politics and lying their faces off about what our military needs...it is sad.

The Liberals worked hard to convince Canadians we do not need a strong Military...peackeeping is not any different than being a security guard at a concert in their minds...and alot of Canadians believe that crap.

WACF
08-13-2007, 01:04 PM
Just an example of why our Liberals need a whack to the head.

The Tories are buying I think 16 Chinooks from Boeing.
The soonest we can get them is another year...we actually cut in line to get our C-17s quicker.

The Libs are crying that we should not bother because the mission is supposed to be over in 2009.
No foresight what so ever beyond 2009 and the fact we have lost troops now because of this lack of air transport.

What about future missions?
Whether it be coveted peace keeping for just natural disasters at home or abroad.

...and of course our media lets the Libs and NDPers say their negative bit but rarely does the reporter ever question what they said.

Angel
08-13-2007, 01:16 PM
Welcome to Saskatchewan...the province of missed opportunities!

Luckily our NDPers have not done as bad as BC.

Non the less...if you swing by the Legislature and kick Calvert in the nuts for me that would be great!

I hear ya... after 10 years in AB, the Crown Corp thing is a little hard to take! I'd gladly kick Calvert for you... but I'd have to line up after our CEO where I work.

She lambasted him after the budget was released. Nothing like the CEO of the regulatory body for Chartered Accountants telling them they're full of shit and that their so called "balanced budget" is anything but!

BITEYOASS
08-14-2007, 10:21 AM
Our first C-17 starts duties in Afghanistan at the end of the month.

Our 2nd shows up in Nov and two more in the spring.

The whole renting situation was a joke...and having our equipment held hostage till we pay the bill was an embarasment!
Our DART team would always show up late to the disasters because we had to wait for a rental...you gotta shake your head at this stuff.

We lost our Airborne Regiment due to politics(bad press from Somalia and the fact the Liberals wanted to cut defense money and paratroopers are expensive!) but each Regiment retained one airborne company.
Our new Special Operations branch is supposed to fill the Airbornes void now.

The Tories are making change but it is tough...so much money is needed to bring the military back to what it should be.
It is a hard uphill battle also with two opposition parties playing politics and lying their faces off about what our military needs...it is sad.

The Liberals worked hard to convince Canadians we do not need a strong Military...peackeeping is not any different than being a security guard at a concert in their minds...and alot of Canadians believe that crap.

So do y'all want some of these Harriers the USMC is replacing within 10 years. The Rolls-Royce powerplant is a pain in the ass to maintain, but at least the bomb racks are not as complicated as the Hornets. And why are the Liberals bitching about defense appropriations? It's not like an entire damn field army is being assembled.

WACF
08-18-2007, 01:00 AM
So do y'all want some of these Harriers the USMC is replacing within 10 years. The Rolls-Royce powerplant is a pain in the ass to maintain, but at least the bomb racks are not as complicated as the Hornets. And why are the Liberals bitching about defense appropriations? It's not like an entire damn field army is being assembled.

They will not even think of Harriers.

If they ever get the ship they want they will have to stock it with helicopters...and God forbid...perhaps gunships for escort!

The Military wish list is for some gunships to escort our Chinooks when they enter service...this is something the Tories can not address yet...too many other things on the table.

The problem with the Liberals in Canada is at times they lean heavy to the left(Trudeau really gutted the forces)...so the Military is bad because it costs money.

WACF
08-18-2007, 01:06 AM
The summit is finally making the news.

No mention of US military...makes me think the original story is sensationalism.

http://www.canada.com/saskatoonstarphoenix/news/story.html?id=6754e78c-237e-482c-9ff3-076273a72cbc&k=99590

Bush needs Three Amigos summit to cement presidential legacy

Norma Greenaway
CanWest News Service

Friday, August 17, 2007

WASHINGTON -- Weighed down by an unpopular war in Iraq and declining political clout at home, U.S. President George W. Bush arrives at the Three Amigos summit in Canada on Monday with a slim agenda and little wind in his sails.

Still, U.S. analysts say, the two-day get-together with his Canadian and Mexican counterparts in the Quebec resort town of Montebello offers Bush a chance to show his presidency has not stalled, and that he is committed to enhancing trade and security in North America.

They also say Bush wants to be constructive, and will try not to do or say anything that could backfire on Prime Minister Stephen Harper and his minority government.

"President Bush is trying to demonstrate that he is engaged with allies, and engaged in international affairs and foreign policy outside of the prism of Iraq," said Scotty Greenwood, executive director of the Washington-based Canadian American Business Council. "He's trying to demonstrate that he's committed to getting it right in the neighbourhood."

Bush meets Monday and Tuesday with Harper and Mexican President Felipe Calderon, who, unlike Bush, will stay on for an extra day to spend private time with Harper at the prime minister's Harrington Lake retreat in Quebec's Gatineau Hills.

The summit agenda is loose, and holds the prospect of discussion on everything from the war in Afghanistan and upheaval in the Middle East to climate change and controversial new passport requirements for anyone travelling into the United States from Canada and elsewhere.

A major topic will be how to make the continent "safer and more prosperous," White House spokesman Gordon Johndroe told reporters in Crawford, Texas, where Bush was relaxing before travelling to Canada.

He was referring to the Security and Prosperity Partnership, launched two years ago in 2005 in Waco, Texas. It involves negotiations among officials from the three countries on a package of regulatory reforms designed to improve the North American business climate and minimize border disruptions in the post-9-11 world.

Officials also are working on a continent-wide approach to managing flu pandemics and a co-ordinated emergency planning system, two issues about which the leaders could announce agreements at the summit.

The process, however, has been decried as overly secretive by critics in all three countries. And, after two years, it has little to show in terms of concrete results.

Chris Sands, a specialist at the Center for Strategic and International Studies in Washington, said Bush, eyeing the history books, wants the three leaders to inject new life into the SPP process.

"For a lot of other people, it is just an acronym," Sands said, "but for him, he's invested time in this. It stands out as potentially the most significant new initiative of Bush's second term and it doesn't seem to be going anywhere."

Bush and Harper, who will have a private session Monday, also will talk about the state of affairs in Afghanistan, where both countries have combat troops on the ground.

Harper has already said the current Canadian mission will not be extended beyond February 2009 without parliamentary consensus.

The view from Washington is that Bush, who would undoubtedly prefer that Canada stay the course beyond 2009, will be extremely careful not to stir up trouble on the subject.

"The president's people are well aware of the difficulties Harper has on this," said David Biette, director of the Woodrow Wilson Center's Canada Institute in Washington. "I don't think he'd want to weigh in on that."

Sands agreed. "Obviously, Bush is not the most popular salesman in Canada," and he will be careful about anything he says about the wars in either Afghanistan or Iraq, he said.

"You hear this a lot from the Bush people and the White House," he said. "They want to support Harper. They know that he's got an election coming up sometime soon."

Sands said Bush, who leaves office in 17 months, wants to push the SPP forward because he is starting to think about his legacy, and would like something on foreign policy beyond his response to the 9-11 terror attacks and his execution of the war in Iraq.

"He would like to show he accomplished something in North America," Sands said.

Biette said progress hinges on making the SPP process more transparent.

"There is a part of the Canadian population that is suspicious of Harper and, of course, ever suspicious of President Bush, so that anything connected with the two of them must be evil. And Calderon is new."

Ottawa Citizen

© CanWest News Service

Hardrock69
08-18-2007, 04:34 PM
PREMEDITATED MERGER
Congress tells Bush: Back off SPP agenda
Lawmakers' letter warns 'stealth' effort to 'harmonize' could undermine security
Posted: August 17, 2007
5:00 p.m. Eastern

By Jerome R. Corsi
© 2007 WorldNetDaily.com

Twenty-two members of the U.S. House of Representatives – 21 Republicans and a Democrat – are urging President Bush to back off his North American integration efforts when he attends the third summit meeting on the Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America next week in Montebello, Quebec.

They make it clear that continuing any such agenda at this point would be disregarding growing apprehension in Congress about the plans.

"As you travel to Montebello, Canada later this month for a summit with your Canadian and Mexican counterparts, we want you to be aware of serious and growing concerns in the U.S. Congress about the so-called Security and Prosperity Partnership (SPP) you launched with these nations in 2005," the letter said.

While the letter authors express their support for the president's "desire to promote good relations with our neighbors to the north and south," they are worried about the secretive manner in which SPP is being conducted and concerned it "may actually undermine our security and sovereignty."

"For instance," the letter said, "measures that would make it easier to move goods and people across borders could have the effect of further weakening this country's ability to secure its frontiers and prevent illegal immigration."

The letter also cited documents obtained by Judicial Watch in a Freedom of Information Act Request that suggest, "Such secretiveness seems not to be accidental."

WND was among the first news organizations to obtain and publish the agenda and the list of attendees for a secret North American Forum meeting held at the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel in Banff, Alberta, Canada, from September 12-14, 2006. The meeting was closed to the press and the documents obtained by WND were marked "Internal Document, Not for Public Release."

President Bush with then-Mexico President Vicente Fox, left, and then-Canadian Prime Minister Paul Martin in March 2005 at the inaugural summit of the Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America (White House photo)

Judicial Watch also used a Freedom of Information Act request to obtain a set of notes from the Pentagon attendees at the secret Banff meeting.

One particularly disturbing comment was noted in the official conference record of the speeches given, as recorded in the "Rapporteur Notes" obtained by the Judicial Watch FOIA request. In Section VI of the conference, entitled "Border Infrastructure and Continental Prosperity," the reporter summarized as follows:

To what degree does the concept of North America help/hinder solving problems between the three countries?

* Vision is helpful

* A secure perimeter would bring enormous benefit

* While a vision is appealing working on the infrastructure might yield more benefit and bring more people on board ("evolution by stealth")

Reflecting on those perceptions, Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton said, "It is not encouraging to see the phrase 'evolution by stealth' in reference to important policy debates such as North American integration and cooperation. These documents provide more information to Americans concerned about the Security and Prosperity Partnership. The more transparency the better."

The members also noted in their letter the amendment added by Duncan Hunter, R-Calif., to the transportation funding bill.

As WND reported, Hunter successfully offered an amendment to H.R.3074, the Transportation Appropriations Act for Fiscal Year 2008, prohibiting the use of federal funds to participate in SPP-related working group meetings in the future.

The members noted in their letter that, "This vote is an indication of the serious concerns felt by those of us in Congress and by our constituents about this initiative – concerns that will only be intensified if pursuit of the SPP continues out of public view and without congressional oversight or approval."

The last paragraph of the letter called upon the president "not to pledge or agree to any further movement in connection with the SPP at the upcoming North American summit."

The letter concluded that, "in the interest of transparency and accountability, we urge you to bring to the Congress whatever provisions have already been agreed upon and those now being pursued or contemplated as part of this initiative, for the purpose of obtaining authorization through the normal legislative process."

Signatories to the letter included the following members of the House of Representatives:

* Rep. Terry Everett, R-Alabama

* Rep. Duncan Hunter, R-California

* Rep. Tom Tancredo, R-Colorado

* Rep. Ted Poe, R-Texas

* Rep. Nancy Boyda, D-Kansas

* Rep. Walter Jones, R-North Carolina

* Rep. David Davis, R-Tenn.

* Rep. Phil Gingrey, R-Georgia

* Rep. John Boozman, R-Arkansas

* Rep. John Duncan, R-Tenn.

* Rep. Virgil Goode, R-Virginia

* Rep. Tom Price, R-Georgia

* Rep. Ginny Brown-Waite, R-Florida

* Rep. Sue Myrick, R-North Carolina

* Rep. Jo Bonner, R-Alabama

* Rep. Gary Miller, R-Calif.

* Rep. Steve King, R-Iowa

* Rep. Greg Walden, R-Oregon

* Rep. Michael Rogers, R-Alabama

* Rep. Thaddeus McCotter, R-Michigan

* Rep. Robert Aderholt, R-Alabama

* Rep. Todd Akin, R-Missouri

WACF
08-18-2007, 08:27 PM
I love the title "Three Amigos Summit"....

Hardrock69
08-22-2007, 09:01 AM
Louise Egan, Reuters
Published: Monday, August 20, 2007

MONTEBELLO, Quebec (Reuters) - Protesters and riot police clashed on Monday outside a posh Canadian resort where North American leaders are meeting to discuss trade, security, and the recent turmoil in global credit markets.

Police fired tear gas as they pushed back about 150 people outside the Chateau Montebello resort in Montebello, Quebec, which is about 70 km (40 miles) east of Ottawa. The demonstrators tossed bottles and vegetables, having tried earlier in the day to break through police lines.

One person was arrested, police said.

The protesters were among about 2,000 people who demonstrated for several hours outside the site of the meeting of U.S. President George W. Bush, Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper and Mexican President Felipe Calderon.

The leaders downplayed the demonstration. "I've heard it's nothing... A couple hundred? It's sad," Harper said to reporters before going into a meeting with Bush.

A 3-metre (10-foot) high fence has been erected around the site to keep demonstrators out.

The protesters represented a variety of political causes, but many are upset about the three leaders' plan to discuss what is known as the Security and Prosperity Partnership, or SPP.

The plan was drafted in 2005 to ensure North America is a safe place to live and do business, but critics on the left and right say it ignores the concerns of ordinary citizens and is a threat to national sovereignty.

"One of the main things we are aiming for is to force the leaders to make these meetings more transparent," said Alberto Arroyo, a spokesman for the Red Mexicana de Accion Frente al Libre Comercio (Mexican network against free trade).

Most of the demonstrators appeared to be from Canada.

"As far as I'm concerned George Bush is a war criminal and shouldn't be allowed in Canada," said Rolf Gerstenberger, 57, a union activist from Hamilton, Ontario.

One protest sign read: "There are no smart borders only idiot nations."

The buildings where leaders were meeting are not visible to the protesters, but those at the resort will be able to view the demonstrations via a video link that will be broadcast to officials inside the compound.

http://www.canada.com/topics/news/national/story.html?id=26d545e5-5a60-49a9-ab6c-70850b6526ab&k=40294