PDA

View Full Version : House votes AGAINST North American Union Funding

Hardrock69
07-27-2007, 09:10 AM
In an historic, first vote in Congress to restrict funding for the Security and Prosperity Partnership (SPP) of North America, yesterday the House approved by a vote of 362 to 63 an amendment to H.R. 3074 (Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2008) "prohibiting the use of funds to participate in a working group pursuant to the Security and Prosperity Partnership."

There's been a growing buzz this year over the SPP and how it's being used as a steppingstone to a North American Union (NAU). Eighteen state legislatures have introduced resolutions asking Congress to block the NAU; three states passed their anti-NAU resolution in one house; and three states passed their anti-NAU resolution in both houses.

Although there is a resolution (H. Con. Res. 40) in the House of Representatives "Expressing the sense of Congress that the United States should not ... enter into a North American Union with Mexico and Canada," there has been virtually no congressional oversight over SPP activities, such as the numerous "working groups" with representatives from the United States, Mexico, and Canada. That is to say, virtually no congressional oversight until yesterday, when the House voted overwhelmingly to approve Rep. Duncan Hunter's (R-Calif.) amendment to prohibit any funds appropriated by the Transportation and Housing and Urban Development Appropriations Act of 2008 from being used for U.S. participation in SPP working groups.

In a related development, on July 23, Rep. Tom Tancredo (R-Colo.) introduced an amendment to H.R. 3093 (Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2008), stating "None of the funds in this Act shall be made available for the Security and Prosperity Partnership." Thus, this amendment would permit no funding for the SPP from the funds appropriated for the Commerce Department in 2008. This is highly significant because the Commerce Department coordinates the “Prosperity” component of the SPP, including maintaining the official www.spp.gov website. A vote is possible on this amendment as early as today or tomorrow.

FINAL VOTE RESULTS FOR ROLL CALL 707 (Hunter Amendment Restricting Funds for SPP):

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2007/roll707.xml

http://www.jbs.org/node/4839

FORD
07-27-2007, 12:29 PM
Ok, this is confusing the Hell out of me..... I don't want to be on the same side as Duncan Hunter, Tom TanKKKredo and the John Motherfucking Birch Society. But I'm opposed to this North American Union thing.

Although if Canada was in charge, it might be preferrable to the last 7 years. Hell, I'd even force myself to learn the metric system if it meant getting rid of the BCE forever. I draw the line at speaking French though. No offense to those who do so natively, I'm just too old to learn a new language.

Redballjets88
07-27-2007, 12:45 PM
yeah i dont like this idea, we have enough econimic problems as it is why would we want to help support everything below the southern border

scamper
07-27-2007, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Redballjets88
why would we want to help support everything below the southern border

because the waves at San Jaunico rock...

Redballjets88
07-27-2007, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by scamper
because the waves at San Jaunico rock...

no i don't want to pay for that either

scamper
07-27-2007, 01:05 PM
no i don't want to pay for that either

Surfing's the source man... swear to God.

Redballjets88
07-27-2007, 01:33 PM
i have never surfed i live in north texas, but i want to try this type of surfing these crazy south texans are doing, they get in a boat and drive out into the ocean and wait for oil tankers to drive by and then they surf the tankers wake its pretty sweet looking.

FORD
07-27-2007, 01:46 PM
i have never surfed i live in north texas

Scamper lives in South Dakota. You're closer to water than he is.

but i want to try this type of surfing these crazy south texans are doing, they get in a boat and drive out into the ocean and wait for oil tankers to drive by and then they surf the tankers wake its pretty sweet looking.

As long as there aren't any oil slicks..... might be a little hard to stay on your board.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PGU2pIQmrRU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PGU2pIQmrRU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Redballjets88
07-27-2007, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by FORD

As long as there aren't any oil slicks..... might be a little hard to stay on your board.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PGU2pIQmrRU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PGU2pIQmrRU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

yeah I don't think there are any port of houston is pretty damn clean,...cleaner than most every part of the actual city of houston.

FORD
07-27-2007, 03:14 PM
Yeah, I heard that Houston passed LA in pollution........

While Chimpy was governor, and he gutted environmental legislation, of course.

Redballjets88
07-27-2007, 03:18 PM
he did to an extent I agree, but the majority of the blame lies on the Houston officials they have horrible city policies, while cities like dallas san antonio and austin especially are beautiful places. I recomend everyone go to austin and san antionio at least once history and culture thrive there, and FORD in austin you will be hard pressed to find a "neocon" other than the douchebag governor.

FORD
07-27-2007, 03:51 PM
I've been to Texas..... but it was when Jimmy Carter was in the White House, so I'm sure a lot has changed since then.

My uncle was living in Waco at the time. He took us out to some pond near Crawford for bass fishing. It might well have been the pond that's now next to Chimpy's pig ranch, since that's about the right area. Of course there was no ranch and certainly no Chimp there at the time. Just the best day of fishing I ever had in my life. I swear, I could have used dogshit for bait and still caught my limit.

Redballjets88
07-27-2007, 03:54 PM
haha thats why i love Texas, and because being born in texas one is kind of forced to have a massive amount of pride lol.

scamper
07-27-2007, 05:30 PM
i have never surfed i live in north texas, but i want to try this type of surfing these crazy south texans are doing, they get in a boat and drive out into the ocean and wait for oil tankers to drive by and then they surf the tankers wake its pretty sweet looking.

what ever it takes to get the wave, ya gotta love people like that

scamper
07-27-2007, 05:34 PM

Yeah it sucks I only get to the surf a couple times a year, but wakeboarding and snowboarding are quick fixes.

Baby's On Fire
07-27-2007, 08:32 PM
Ok, this is confusing the Hell out of me..... I don't want to be on the same side as Duncan Hunter, Tom TanKKKredo and the John Motherfucking Birch Society. But I'm opposed to this North American Union thing.

Although if Canada was in charge, it might be preferrable to the last 7 years. Hell, I'd even force myself to learn the metric system if it meant getting rid of the BCE forever. I draw the line at speaking French though. No offense to those who do so natively, I'm just too old to learn a new language.

You don't need to learn French. Those whining assholes should all just fuck off back to France.

They are loud-mouthed bitches, but nowwhere near a majority. They just think they are.

Baby's On Fire
07-27-2007, 08:34 PM
yeah i dont like this idea, we have enough econimic problems as it is why would we want to help support everything below the southern border

After the BCE bankrupts the once-mighty USA, the Mexicans will be supporting YOU.

Count on it.

Redballjets88
07-27-2007, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by Baby's On Fire
After the BCE bankrupts the once-mighty USA, the Mexicans will be supporting YOU.

Count on it.

no...IF the US goes under then Mexico goes with us along with your precious Canada.

hideyoursheep
07-30-2007, 10:21 AM
Hell, I'd even force myself to learn the metric system if it meant getting rid of the BCE forever.

Inches X 25.4= mm

mm divide 25.4 = inches

I figure by the time that becomes second nature to you, they'll be gone!:D

hideyoursheep
07-30-2007, 10:23 AM
haha thats why i love Texas, and because being born in texas one is kind of forced to have a massive amount of pride lol.

And massive amounts of sheep dip. :rolleyes:

Ellyllions
07-30-2007, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Baby's On Fire

Count on it.

Don't forget about China with their 5% of our GDP.

Angel
07-30-2007, 12:06 PM
no...IF the US goes under then Mexico goes with us along with your precious Canada.

It would definitely have a huge impact on us at this point, as you are our largest trading partner. However, we are making trade agreements with more & more nations in preparation for this.

When the US goes down economically, it will probably place the world into another depression.

scamper
07-30-2007, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Angel
When the US goes down economically, it will probably place the world into another depression.

But I'm sure it will be a happy one.

Originally posted by Ellyllions
Don't forget about China with their 5% of our GDP.

That's why I invest in the Pacific Rim.

Nitro Express
07-30-2007, 05:19 PM

Sometimes you have to get into bed with people you don't like to get the better good done. Siding with politicians you don't like to save the country makes sense because with no country the politics doesn't matter anymore. I'm sure a lot of Republicans who voted Democrat the last election really didn't want to but they had enough of the Bush Administration. Sadly the Pelosi and her gang have turned out to be a huge dissapointment. We need Bush/Chenny out of office and we need to repeal the anti-constitutional Patriot Act. We also need a realistic resolve to the Iraq fiasco.

I don't see any kind of leadership in Washington other that grabbing as much as you can for your special intrest backers.

Nitro Express
07-30-2007, 05:24 PM
China and Russia have made an economic and military alliance. They do joint military manuvers together and China is quietly selling it's dollars for gold and Euros. Russia has not sold any gold for three years.

Both countries are building a gold reserve because they know when the dollar goes, it will pull the Euro, and Yen down with it. People won't trust paper notes and panic will ensue. Some people will just want food and shelter but others that have that will want gold. China will be able to print lots of gold backed notes just the way the dollar used to be.

When a govt. discovers they can just issue more notes to run itself, it's the begining of the end. In fact, the roaring 90's and 00's were driven by a world full of cheap dollars, the party is over and the hangover is about to begin.