PDA

View Full Version : New Star Trek Film Will Have Spocks

Nickdfresh
07-27-2007, 11:17 AM
Leonard Nimoy to have role in new 'Star Trek' film
http://i.l.cnn.net/cnn/2007/SHOWBIZ/Movies/07/27/people.leonardnimoy.ap/art.nimoy.ap.jpg
Zachary Quinto, who will play the young Spock in the new "Star Trek," shakes Leonard Nimoy's hand.

SAN DIEGO, California (AP) -- Leonard Nimoy isn't through with Spock yet.

The 76-year-old actor will don his famous pointy ears again to play the role in an upcoming "Star Trek" film due out Christmas 2008.

"This is really going to be a great movie. And I don't say things like that lightly," Nimoy told a gathering of 6,500 fans Thursday at Comic-Con, the nation's largest pop-culture convention.

He greeted the crowd with a Vulcan salute.

Nimoy was joined by the newly named young Spock, "Heroes" star Zachary Quinto, who bears an uncanny resemblance to Nimoy.

Both Spocks were introduced by the film's director and co-producer, J.J. Abrams.

"This is a series I loved as a kid," Abrams said, acknowledging that he was "more of a 'Star Wars' kid than a 'Star Trek' kid."

"This matters so much to so many people," he said. "I'm honored to be here and do this."

While the character of Captain Kirk has yet to be cast, Abrams said that William Shatner, who played the role in the original TV series, would likely also have a part in the film.

"It has to be worthy, of him and of you," Abrams told fans, adding that production is slated to begin in November.

One fan asked Nimoy what he thought of his "replacement."

"It was logical," the actor said dryly. He then closed with Spock's classic line: "Live long and prosper."

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Find this article at: CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Movies/07/27/people.leonardnimoy.ap/index.html)

FORD
07-27-2007, 12:48 PM
Fucking SYLAR is going to be Spock??

Why does that just seem blasphemous??

Redballjets88
07-27-2007, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Fucking SYLAR is going to be Spock??

Why does that just seem blasphemous??

because you are old timie and fear change?

Viking
07-27-2007, 08:13 PM
YEEEEAH, Baby. Now if they can just find a way to unfuck that unforgivable fuckup in Generations and work The Shat back into the plot, we got ourselves a party. :killer: :killer: :killer: :killer:

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m270/Viking2002/star_trek_poster.jpg

FORD
07-27-2007, 10:04 PM
Maybe Denny Crane can be Starfleet's lawyer?

Now getting Bones or Scotty back in action might be a bit more difficult :(

FORD
07-27-2007, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Redballjets88
because you are old timie and fear change?

I do "fear" change when it comes to fucking with the classics.

Reason why = The Star Wars "prequels" are a good place to start......

Hardrock69
07-28-2007, 12:52 AM
It will be interesting to see this.

The last several Next Generation films were fucking overblown television productions, nothing more.

As I was watching the very last one in the theater, I so much wanted to leave after about half an hour. I had to force myself to sit through it.

Being a fan of Star Trek or not, the last few movies sucked fucking ass....

I look forward to this.

Viking
07-28-2007, 10:11 PM
I think Abrams has a pretty good idea what he's taken on. And I don't think Nimoy or Shatner would take a chance on fucking up their legacy if they didn't think Abrams had shithot idea to reboot the franchise. Ought to be interesting.