PDA

View Full Version : Next time...hit the squirrel!!

diamondsgirl
07-28-2007, 03:28 PM
My daughter was driving down the street when a squirrel ran out into the road. She didn't want to hit the the squirrel, so she went off the road and ran over a bunch of very large rocks. The damage to my car was appx. $1,000. I was without a car for nearly a week (I never thought I needed to add "car rental" to my policy) while I fought with my insurance company over how much would be covered, etc. If I had rented a car it would have been another $500 or so. :mad:

All this to save the life of a friggin' rodent.

I told her...next time, hit the squirrel and don't even look back. :D

Anyone else have kids just learning to drive??? Ugh.

Redballjets88
07-28-2007, 03:56 PM
I'm actually starting to help my younger sister learn to drive. I fear for my life driving around the block. One time i told her to put on the blinker, she said, "ok" the floored it through a neighborhood stop sign then slammed the brakes in the intersection and started freaking out. I wasn't happy to say the least.

Unchainme
07-28-2007, 06:10 PM
I got in an accident just last spring...it was at a bad intersection, I couldn't see the other car coming, (IT WAS THE SAME COLOR AS THE FUCKING PAVEMENT!)..and I totaled my dads taurus...not very fun..:(

thome
07-28-2007, 07:35 PM
DG next time tell your daughter that it could have been a tree.

What's more important your life or the squirrel, dog, cat, bird .

My old man layed it down like that for me .

I bounced a Owl off my winshield on the highway, what would have happen if I would have swerved owl dead and me dead?

I think that is the only thing I have ever hit...

I had this bud in high school who everytime he swerved he hit the bird
like six times in a year we finally convinced him they were commiting suicide.lol
The animals generally know what they are doing they will get out of your way if you swerve it messes up thier groove.