PDA

View Full Version : Schenker blows it....AGAIN !

Diamondjimi
07-30-2007, 11:15 AM
From Blabbermouth.net

MICHAEL And RUDOLF SCHENKER 'Came To Blows' At ROCK & BLUES CUSTOM SHOW, Says Journalist - July 30, 2007

U.K.-based music journalist Dave Ling has issued the following report via his official web site:

"Just home from the Rock & Blues Custom Show in Pentrich [England], where the best and worst of the Schenker family was displayed. Regardless of the falling rain, the SCORPIONS played a blinder as last night's headliners and I finally got to see Uli Jon Roth onstage with the band, running through four songs — 'Pictured Life', 'Speedy's Coming', 'We'll Burn The Sky' and 'Fly To The Rainbow'. What an awesome experience. To be honest, I felt a little sorry for Matthias Jabs, who despite doing an excellent job for the SCORPS for so many years suddenly found himself relegated to bit-part player. But anyway, here's the full set-list: 'Hour 1', 'Bad Boys Running Wild', 'Love 'Em Or Leave 'Em', 'The Zoo', 'Coast To Coast', 'Holiday', 'Humanity', 'Leaving You', 'Make It Real', 'Pictured Life', 'Speedy's Coming', 'We'll Burn The Sky', 'Fly To The Rainbow', 'Tease Me, Please Me', '321', 'Big City Nights', 'Dynamite', 'Still Loving You' and 'Rock You Like A Hurricane'.

"Compared to his elder sibling, who threw shapes and played the rock star to absolute perfection, Michael Schenker was an utter disgrace. He'd turned up at the site mid-morning with a bottle of Courvoisier cognac inside him. After an altercation during the soundcheck, Schenker threw his guitar across the stage, trying to hurt the agent who'd booked him for the show, before threatening not to perform. The rest of the day was spent in his portacabin, attempting to sleep things off. It didn't work. Excuse the language, but Schenker played like a complete c**t. Looking visibly glazed, he could scarely walk let alone play guitar. After 45 minutes of his alotted 90, having been booed and jeered throughout, Michael stumbled into the wings to the strains of the footie chant, 'You're shit and you know you are.' Then, incredibly, he returned. There was a momentary improvement, but any thoughts that Schenker might get out of jail were rudely shot down during the ensuing half-hour. 'Ladies and gentlemen, this is fucking improvised but we do the best we can, okay?' slurred Michael before UFO's 'Too Hot To Handle' — a song he must've played a hundred thousand times before, the simple riff to which had suddenly become infinitely beyond his grasp. Believe me, the song 'On And On' had never felt more appropriate. Once it was all over, Michael and his brother Rudolf came to blows and the pair had to be separated by security. The word 'pathetic' doesn't even begin to cover it. It'll be interesting to see whether he makes it to Manchester or Hammersmith."

Once again, here is Michael Schenker performing at the Rock & Blues Custom Show Saturday night (July 28):

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_vmo_ePVGGI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_vmo_ePVGGI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Fuckin pathetic. Sober up you fuckin LOSER !

jharp84
07-30-2007, 11:28 AM
What a trajic waste!! At least he put out "tons" of music over the last 15 years!!

binnie
07-30-2007, 11:42 AM
I just don't get it: why piss away such a fantastic talent?

Why ruin your legacy?

Diamondjimi
07-30-2007, 12:09 PM
As long as he gets his $$$ !

He has lost the ability to care anymore...

Shaun Ponsonby
07-30-2007, 01:48 PM
Saw him last night...again with the Scorpions.

See my review...

Shaun Ponsonby
07-30-2007, 01:52 PM
Michael and Rudolph had to be kept apart by security?

Michael wouldn't stand a chance. Rudolph works out. He clearly keeps himself in good shape.

He seriously looks like he could do some damage.

Rudi rocks like a motherfuckin' hurricane...

Mr Badguy
07-30-2007, 06:35 PM
Michael is tragic.

That video is so shitty.

Much like the UFO show in Manchester from a few years ago when he tried to hit some one with a chair and then told the audience "I suck" and left the stage.

Mr. Vengeance
07-30-2007, 09:58 PM
Why are fuckers cheering that shit???

So sad.

Hardrock69
07-31-2007, 10:27 AM
They were not 'cheering'. They were booing and telling him he sucked ass!!!

ELVIS
07-31-2007, 10:49 AM
Why is he allowed on a stage or in a band ??

Wawazat
07-31-2007, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Why is he allowed on a stage or in a band ??

Someone still makes some money out of this :confused:

binnie
07-31-2007, 11:13 AM
'Zat, your sig fucking rules!

I have to say though, I am surprised that promoters are still taking the risk with Schenker....

Shaun Ponsonby
07-31-2007, 11:31 AM
I think there's only a handful who do.

It says a lot that he has to play gigs with his brother to get booked.

Matt White
07-31-2007, 10:06 PM
a crying shame

Tiki-Tom
08-03-2007, 02:59 AM
They just don't make strudels like they used to, seems a little overbaked...................

Mr. Vengeance
08-03-2007, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
They were not 'cheering'. They were booing and telling him he sucked ass!!!

Plenty of cheers during that clip.

Apocalypso
08-04-2007, 03:34 PM
Apparently, yesterday's show was the straw that will hopefully send Schenker into rehab to get his act together.

http://www.rbaraki.com/report136.htm

"Well it looks like the tour is over and that Michael will be in a German hospital tomorrow. The show did indeed start with smiles, broad ones too, but the joy at having cranked up the engine successfully gave way to the disappointment of realising that it wasn't running at all well. The riffing wasn't too bad but the solos were just awful. I think everybody connected with the tour expected this. As the intro tape played I watched Tyson standing with his dad's 'V' on his thigh and wondered what was going through his head and then saw another crew member light a cigarette behind the amps. It was how things are portrayed in films when beleaguered troops await the inevitable charge of a superior enemy.

For me the Schenker smiles at the start were the clue that this was a guy who wanted to play but couldn't get the brain and fingers to co-ordinate, almost like a recovering stroke victim concentrating hard to do something that would normally be so simple. Sadly many of the audience didn't see this, and started to shout abuse and throw stuff, most noticeably from "Lights Out" onward, as I think that this was the point when people could really tell how bad things were. Yet the target of their venom, awful or not, might as well have been a frail, elderly man,, because apart from his face Schenker's physical appearance and demeanour added 30 years to his real age.

I was ashamed at the lack of humanity some people showed.

Humanity did come calling in the end though. Right after "Only You Can Rock Me" Michael lifted his guitar off his lap and stood up (he'd played all but the first song sat on a corner of the small drum riser) There was a brief huddle followed by "thank you, goodnight" from the band. And that was it. The suffering was, we are led to believe, over, or at least the first step towards ending it had been taken. Probably this isn't a good time to comment on the band (nor on Rattlesnake Remedy who were fantastic IMO) musically, but they battled on manfully and were constantly supportive of, and encouraging to, their guitarist. That was what drew his smiles out even in the midst of this torment, knowing that these guys were still trying to pull him along even as the wheels were falling off. Chapeau fellas.

Last thought for now - no sad song ever written jerks a tear quite like seeing Michael Schenker's face when he's failing to play his solo in "Only You Can Rock Me". One of the saddest things I've ever seen.

Get well soon Michael, sleep tight Batttty. Bloody hell, common sense is prevailing.

Steve."

Hardrock69
08-06-2007, 09:02 AM
London show is available here:

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=1208638#post1208638

Shaun Ponsonby
08-07-2007, 11:15 AM
At the Scorpions show I was talking to someone connected to the band...I guess it was the tour manager or something judging by the way he was quizzing the technical crew.

Funny actually...he was clearly German

"Zey added anozer zong last night becuz Uli'z guitar vailed"

What did they add?

"Make It Veal, I zink. I don know, zat vas yezterday, ziz iz todaay (small laugh)"

What's Michael like tonight?

"Uh..." (looked awkward before walking away)

How can they let him go onstage when they know he's in such a bad condition.

And I could forgive him if he wasn't well known for being difficult and arrogant.

DavidLeeNatra
08-08-2007, 07:29 AM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bwa3qErkUnU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bwa3qErkUnU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

better days...

delta5150
08-08-2007, 07:40 AM
Just seen the vid, oh my god! he looks Violent-J from Insane clown posse with a Flying-V ... I could do better than that and that's saying something jeje! then again I suppose anyone can.

He's much more fucked than EVH back in 2004, he needs to check in pronto y dejar el puto cognac a.s.a.p