PDA

View Full Version : Fight Global Warming by Taxing

TongueNGroove
08-10-2007, 07:33 PM
Rep. John Dingle (D-Mich) has proposed a bill that will FORCE everyone to pay .50 per gallon of gas more in taxes and take away tax deductions on home mortgages.

He says, "if we are serious about global warming, we need to reduce consumption by making it more expensive."

This is exactly the shit I am talking about when I call you democrats "Communists". Your answer to everything is TAX TAX TAX especially the "RICH" people who Democrats define as anyone who makes more than $45k a year.

Think about it, who is this tax going to hurt the most? It certainly won't hurt the real rich/well off people (who I define as those who make probably more than $200k a year) who have tons of disposable income. It certainly won't hurt the poor because poor people don't own homes and usually don't own cars. It is going to hurt the middle class people who usually own homes and cars, but do not have very much, if any, disposable income.

First of all, there has been no "real" proof that there even IS Global Warming! Secondly, there has never been any proof that if there is Global Warming that humans are the cause of it!

The Democratic mantra is, "You are dumbasses who cannot take care of your self, so I/We the Government will take care of you. We will provide everything for you and tell you what you can or cannot do, where you live, where you work, how much you make, what doctors you can see etc.." That people, is what is known as Communism!

Every time you vote Democratic you make this country more Communist...Just look at the policies Hillary Clinton proposes. People with no gumption to ever do anything with their lives LOVE Democrats..why? Because Democrats promise them everything with a million government programs to take care of all their needs.

How do they fund these programs though? Easy, they TAX The middle class and wealthy people (Who work their fucken asses off for everything they have) and hand it to losers who want the government to provide everything for them. The losers getting the money don't give a shit that the upper classes are getting completely and unfairly reamed by the government because it has never crossed their mind to ever try and be one of the upper class so they never have to worry about it!

Anyway, enough of the ranting, here is the article... I am sure you liberal types will defend it tooth and nail http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewNation.asp?Page=/Nation/archive/200708/NAT20070810a.html

Redballjets88
08-10-2007, 07:38 PM
that makes no sense. raise cost to make people stop usiing oil? Has he not bought gas in the past 7 years? It has raised multiple dollars and we aren't stopping. It's up the car companies to start producing better cars.

FORD
08-10-2007, 08:23 PM
You want to know what reckless tax "cuts" have done to this country?

Try New Orleans. Minneapolis. That old steam pipe that blew up in Manhattan a few weeks ago.

That's what happens when the rich don't pay the taxes that they DO owe. And when some unelected Nazi piece of shit takes the money that's left and flushes it down a never ending shithole in the Middle East.

Now I don't know what the fuck removing the tax break on mortgages would accomplish, UNLESS it was deliberately limited to houses above the national "average" price.

As far as a gas tax goes, it should be applied selectively.

If you are driving an SUV within city limits and aren't near a freeway - in order words, if you're a SELFISH FUCKING SHIT FOR BRAINS using a gas hog for a single occupancy commuter vehicle - then you should pay more for gas. Enforcement problems?? Not at all.... You simply equip gas stations with scales, and if the weight is over the limit, you pay the extra tax.

Redballjets88
08-10-2007, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by FORD
You want to know what reckless tax "cuts" have done to this country?

Try New Orleans. Minneapolis. That old steam pipe that blew up in Manhattan a few weeks ago.

That's what happens when the rich don't pay the taxes that they DO owe. And when some unelected Nazi piece of shit takes the money that's left and flushes it down a never ending shithole in the Middle East.

Now I don't know what the fuck removing the tax break on mortgages would accomplish, UNLESS it was deliberately limited to houses above the national "average" price.

As far as a gas tax goes, it should be applied selectively.

If you are driving an SUV within city limits and aren't near a freeway - in order words, if you're a SELFISH FUCKING SHIT FOR BRAINS using a gas hog for a single occupancy commuter vehicle - then you should pay more for gas. Enforcement problems?? Not at all.... You simply equip gas stations with scales, and if the weight is over the limit, you pay the extra tax.

they can't do that weight thing because what if that car is in fact used by multiple people on a daily basis then what do they do?

FORD
08-10-2007, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Redballjets88
they can't do that weight thing because what if that car is in fact used by multiple people on a daily basis then what do they do?

You register your carpool with the local government, they issue a permit card with a barcode on it, and the gas pump would read it and knock the price back down. Just like it does at Safeway when you scan your card at their gas pumps.

thome
08-10-2007, 10:37 PM
I wonder if I sold some aborted fetuses they will include a tax break?
We could call it stemcell research.To compensate for these heros who believe Big Oil is ruining the world.

Because any retarded asshole knows and you all can Suk My Dik(political brainwashers by practicing a -pick play- on the week minded) the only way to reduce consuption is to stop procreation.

Anything else is a Goddamn lie.

The Dikk part does not apply to-ANY- Army Board posters.

FIGHT THE POWER!

thome
08-10-2007, 10:57 PM
Here is another Pick Play.

The Rich do not ever skip on thier taxes, they are to closely watched by the tax assessors.

They thinly veil Tax BREAKS as UNPAID Taxes.To confuse the people they own.

To be Rich usually involves employing people.Or having large amounts of money, very hard to hide.

Once you employ one person then two, after four or five employees
you are very carefull of trying to squirt a buck out of Tax Man.

The majority of -skaters- is the middle//lower class with maybe one employee.

Theoretically if you employ even one person you are supposed to create 401k.Pay thier SSN etc.

Feeding these -Poor Minded- fools lies about the Rich is played-out by anyone with the ability to think for themselves.

Redballjets88
08-10-2007, 11:00 PM
You register your carpool with the local government, they issue a permit card with a barcode on it, and the gas pump would read it and knock the price back down. Just like it does at Safeway when you scan your card at their gas pumps.

well FORD novel idea, but instead we could put the 100s of millions of dollars that would cost into other things that will be more effective at helping the enviroment.

FORD
08-10-2007, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Redballjets88
well FORD novel idea, but instead we could put the 100s of millions of dollars that would cost into other things that will be more effective at helping the enviroment.

Fair enough, but the subject of the thread was taxes. And if any taxes are to be created or increased for environmental reasons, then they should be progressive taxes, deliberately designed to hit those who abuse the environment most the hardest, and without loopholes, since the prime suspects would be the rich

Nickdfresh
08-11-2007, 02:49 AM
People should pay a luxury, environmental user fee on SUVs, progressively based on how shitty the fucking mileage is...

And look at super-patriot Tongue bitch and moan about taxes, while the troops are getting shot at in Iraq to guarantee a supply of oil...

TongueNGroove
08-11-2007, 03:26 AM
Fair enough, but the subject of the thread was taxes. And if any taxes are to be created or increased for environmental reasons, then they should be progressive taxes, deliberately designed to hit those who abuse the environment most the hardest, and without loopholes, since the prime suspects would be the rich

You are funny Fraud, and your logic "If I can even call it that" is severely flawed.

You bitch and moan about the oil companies because gas prices are high, then you condone an even higher has tax hike. Did you know that the combined Federal and Local Gas tax in New York is .62 cents of every gallon you buy? The average is .46 cents across the country. That was as of 2005, it is most likely higher now http://www.taxfoundation.org/news/show/1054.html

Before I can continue this argument I need you to define a couple things.

Define "Rich". Is it anyone who makes more than you?

Define "SUV". One of my cars (Ford Escape) is technically an SUV, but it has a small 4 cylinder engine and is fairly small in size as well. I am sure a corvette or viper or any big engined sports car consumes more gas than that "SUV". Let's not forget Pickup trucks either. My Dodge Ram, for instance, has a Hemi in it and drinks gas like an alcoholic on government check day, but since it doesn't have the designation of "SUV" is it ok for me to drive?

Did you know that "Rich" people usually drive new cars that are more efficient and better for the environment than older cars?

Did you know that "Poor" people usually drive older cars that are more polluting?

Compare a 1983 FORD LTD car with a modern SUV and believe it or not, the 1983 car puts out more pollution!

Your poster boy for environmental protection happens to live in my state. Did you know his monthly electric usage is more than the average families usage for an entire year!?? That isn't even counting the natural gas usage. He justifies it all by buying "Carbon Credits"....So now if you’re rich enough you can use all the pollutants you want and then give some money to Greenpeace and you’re even right? Well Al Gore thinks so! http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_102512.asp

Did you know that Private jets use more fuel in an hour than most cars use in a whole year?? How many hours does Al Gore spend in jets each year? I couldn't find that, but I am sure it is a LOT!

You see Fraud, you like the other idiots are just being sold a bill of goods that has no merit. You are barking what they tell you and meanwhile they are using your fear against you to make MILLIONS...no, Dare I say BILLIONS of dollars!

You and those like you are just like the people in this video
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yi3erdgVVTw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yi3erdgVVTw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

One day you will wake up.

FORD
08-11-2007, 03:45 AM
Yeah, penn and teller.... two more losers who hopped aboard the Dennis Miller "sell my soul to the neo-fascists to extend my sorry ass career" train.

Some idiot on another board was even claiming those two assholes had claimed to "prove" that Oswald shot JFK.
I really couldn't give a flying fuck what a washed up Vegas magician and his boyfriend think about anything.

TongueNGroove
08-11-2007, 03:51 AM
Sure...just gloss over everything else in the post. Whatever.

thome
08-11-2007, 10:21 AM
Next time your water heater or furnace blows up or even if you want that new tile in your kitchen .

Go call someone to fix it then make him go back home because he brought it to your house in a 1 ton truck.

Ask him kindly to buy a Honda hybrid to haul the 500 pounds of
what you need, plus the 1000 pounds of tools it takes to do the work, you need.

Then when you ask if he is paid up on his SUV/Truck tax, he can say
"Yes,I have paid the 1000.00$ per year tax and because of the tax I added 1200.00$ to your bill and every other rich Green Fraud cont like you who is fukking the working class."

Democratic /Liberals and thier -I will save the world from people exactly like themselves,So confused in the head thay can't see it.

I would love to see some sacrifice,not accusation.

I loved when Green America plants a tree and they use 20,000 pounds
of Steel/ Diesel and 400 gallons of fuel to get the tree from point a to point b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k..

Nickdfresh
08-11-2007, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by TongueNGroove
You are funny Fraud, and your logic "If I can even call it that" is severely flawed.

You bitch and moan about the oil companies because gas prices are high, then you condone an even higher has tax hike. Did you know that the combined Federal and Local Gas tax in New York is .62 cents of every gallon you buy? The average is .46 cents across the country. That was as of 2005, it is most likely higher now http://www.taxfoundation.org/news/show/1054.html

Just like you "bitch and moan" about "commielibs" and Dems. :rolleyes: So we should tax the fuck out of the oil companies? Oh wait, I forgot the administration you voted for is almost completely dominated by ex-oil execs.

Before I can continue this argument I need you to define a couple things.

Define "Rich". Is it anyone who makes more than you?

That's pretty easy really:

The Wealth Distribution

In the United States, wealth is highly concentrated in a relatively few hands. As of 2001, the top 1% of households (the upper class) owned 33.4% of all privately held wealth, and the next 19% (the managerial, professional, and small business stratum) had 51%, which means that just 20% of the people owned a remarkable 84%, leaving only 16% of the wealth for the bottom 80% (wage and salary workers). In terms of financial wealth, the top 1% of households had an even greater share: 39.7%. Table 1 and Figure 1 present further details drawn from the careful work of economist Edward N. Wolff at New York University (2004).
From: USC.edu (http://sociology.ucsc.edu/whorulesamerica/power/wealth.html)

Define "SUV". One of my cars (Ford Escape) is technically an SUV, but it has a small 4 cylinder engine and is fairly small in size as well. I am sure a corvette or viper or any big engined sports car consumes more gas than that "SUV". Let's not forget Pickup trucks either. My Dodge Ram, for instance, has a Hemi in it and drinks gas like an alcoholic on government check day, but since it doesn't have the designation of "SUV" is it ok for me to drive?

What's your point? Semnatics? How about vehicles that get below a certain MPG standard are considered gas-guzzlers and subject to an environmental penalty tax?

Did you know that "Rich" people usually drive new cars that are more efficient and better for the environment than older cars?

Did you know that "Poor" people usually drive older cars that are more polluting?

Maybe. So you're blaming "the poor" for global warming and more locally, smog?

Why not blame the conspiracy in the late 1940s to destroy public transportation in the United States?

Why not blame people with money that stifle environmental innovation by demanding expensive, superfluous "status symbols" over "green" tech. or even quality in many cases?

BTW, did you know that lower-middle class people are far more likely to drive fuel efficient small cars?

Compare a 1983 FORD LTD car with a modern SUV and believe it or not, the 1983 car puts out more pollution!

Maybe. But compare a Honda Civic or Accord that was been very well maintained and has had proper tune-ups (key) and you may find that it stands up very well to modern ULEVs.

Oh, and BTW, cars had better overall fuel economy in 1983 than they do today...

Your poster boy for environmental protection happens to live in my state. Did you know his monthly electric usage is more than the average families usage for an entire year!?? That isn't even counting the natural gas usage. He justifies it all by buying "Carbon Credits"....So now if you’re rich enough you can use all the pollutants you want and then give some money to Greenpeace and you’re even right? Well Al Gore thinks so! http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_102512.asp

No fool. He voluntarily pays a SELF-TAX that penalizes his use of more resources. Of course, this shit is completely exaggerated, and Gore mostly purchases "Green" power which is more expensive to begin with.

And BTW, this is just another advancement of the discredited "hypocrite" argument. It changes nothing regarding the facts of Global Warming...

Aren't you a hypocrite for supporting the War in Iraq, while not enlisting for it? Isn't Bush a hypocrite for not having his daughters enlist?

Did you know that Private jets use more fuel in an hour than most cars use in a whole year?? How many hours does Al Gore spend in jets each year? I couldn't find that, but I am sure it is a LOT!

Well, there's approximately one million times more cars than there are private jets, aren't there?

You're also eliminating side issues such as lubricants and fuel that gets out into the environment far more so from cars than they ever will from a jet at an airport...

You see Fraud, you like the other idiots are just being sold a bill of goods that has no merit. You are barking what they tell you and meanwhile they are using your fear against you to make MILLIONS...no, Dare I say BILLIONS of dollars!

LOL Says the dickhead that gets all of his "facts" from the oil & gas lobby..

You and those like you are just like the people in this video
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yi3erdgVVTw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yi3erdgVVTw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

One day you will wake up.

Again, the typical "you people are all the same" pigeonholing mentality of the conservative assclown.

You're the enabler that is "asleep"..

BTW, Penn (or is it Teller) is an ardent Libertarian with his own form of "bullshit" to spew in the form of an unrealistic, and very self-serving, ideology...

TongueNGroove
08-11-2007, 02:37 PM
Just like you "bitch and moan" about "commielibs" and Dems. :rolleyes: So we should tax the fuck out of the oil companies? Oh wait, I forgot the administration you voted for is almost completely dominated by ex-oil execs.

How about you don't tax the fuck out of anyone? Don't you think everyone and every business is already being taxed enough?? I sure as hell do.

That's pretty easy really:
The Wealth Distribution

In the United States, wealth is highly concentrated in a relatively few hands. As of 2001, the top 1% of households (the upper class) owned 33.4% of all privately held wealth, and the next 19% (the managerial, professional, and small business stratum) had 51%, which means that just 20% of the people owned a remarkable 84%, leaving only 16% of the wealth for the bottom 80% (wage and salary workers). In terms offinancial wealth, the top 1% of households had an even greater share: 39.7%. Table 1 and Figure 1 present further details drawn from the careful work of economist Edward N. Wolff at New York University (2004).

You still didn't define what rich is....Gimme a dollar amount. Saying that %1 of the people own %33 of the wealth doesn't tell me what being rich means. How much money do I have to make a year to be considered rich? How much savings do I have to have? How much debt do I have to have to offset my supposed richness? etc...

What's your point? Semnatics? How about vehicles that get below a certain MPG standard are considered gas-guzzlers and subject to an environmental penalty tax?

My point is all you tree huggers know how to do is run around spouting what the supposed environmental "experts" say. You use SUV like it is a dirty word when there are cars out there that pollute way more than a lot of the SUV's out there, yet I never hear anyone even mention those. And I believe the reason for that is that the word SUV implies a person who has a certain standard of wealth. Since you abhor anyone having any wealth you figure it is an easy target. You never mention all the old ass cars out there that lower income people drive that do even more pollution. They are poor so it isn't an easy target.

So how about you come up with another acronym that actually means something. Something like IMV's, Inefficient Motor Vehicle, which covers every vehicle on the road that pollutes more than it should based on a reasonable standard. Who should set that reasonable standard, I don't know, but I suppose the EPA could do it.

The other part of your answer involves your typical communist mindset of more taxation. tax Tax TAX! People with inefficient vehicles already pay more tax because they consume more gas. Every gallon of gas they use has taxes associated with it, so there, you get your wish, they are paying more taxes than someone who uses less gas.

Maybe. So you're blaming "the poor" for global warming and more locally, smog?

I'm not blaming anyone for Global Warming, I never even said there is Global Warming and I certainly never said that if there is Global Warming it is cause by humans.

What I am saying is, poor people drive older, less efficient vehicles.

How about instead of even more gas tax, you just ban any vehicle made before 2000 from getting on the roads?? How about we force people to use efficient vehicles and force the auto industry to make vehicles get better gas mileage?

Yah, that is a dumb idea, I know, but it makes more since than raising taxes and it would do WAY more good for the environment.

Why not blame the conspiracy in the late 1940s to destroy public transportation in the United States?

There is plenty of public transit out there and people are free to use it. But you know, if people don't buy the fuel that you get all your tax money from to supposedly keep the infrastructure of roads up to date then what are you going to do? It's just like the cigarette tax that keeps going up, they say they use it for schools and what not and they say people need to quit smoking so we are going to make it real expensive, but what are they going to do if people actually do quit smoking?? All that money they count on will no longer be there.

Why not blame people with money that stifle environmental innovation by demanding expensive, superfluous "status symbols" over "green" tech. or even quality in many cases?

BTW, did you know that lower-middle class people are far more likely to drive fuel efficient small cars?

That’s all you ever want to do huh? Blame people with money. You must not have any money or have any hope of ever having money. According to you only 1% of the population has all the money, so are you saying that 1% of the population is the whole reason for pollution?

Maybe. But compare a Honda Civic or Accord that was been very well maintained and has had proper tune-ups (key) and you may find that it stands up very well to modern ULEVs.

Oh, and BTW, cars had better overall fuel economy in 1983 than they do today...

So you’re saying that today’s fuel efficiency standards aren't as high as they were in 1983? Somehow I smell BS.

No fool. He voluntarily pays a SELF-TAX that penalizes his use of more resources. Of course, this shit is completely exaggerated, and Gore mostly purchases "Green" power which is more expensive to begin with.

And BTW, this is just another advancement of the discredited "hypocrite" argument. It changes nothing regarding the facts of Global Warming...

Aren't you a hypocrite for supporting the War in Iraq, while not enlisting for it? Isn't Bush a hypocrite for not having his daughters enlist?

Paying a tax (Carbon Credit) does not help the environment, using less fuel helps the environment. You can't buy your way out of pollution. Al Gore is just one example of the entire hypocrisy of all Global Warming Alarmists. If you look around you will begin to see that hardly any of these people live the life style that they want to force down our throats, they just go around spouting BS so they can fill their pockets with your money. They are using what most marketers use and it's called "direct marketing". If you tell someone their life or their families life may be in danger whether it be true or not people will sign up for whatever you ask. Just like the dumbasses in that Penn and Teller video.

You don't have to be in the military to support your government and troops, that statement is completely asinine. I'll just do like Al Gore and buy some "Military Credits" by paying my taxes.

Do you actually think Bush or any parent has the right to force their kids to join the army? That is a rhetorical question, because obviously that just how your mind works. Are his kids not free people? Do they not have a mind of their own? Or does Bush OWN them? Do you have kids? Do you OWN your kids or are they free? Your communist dictatorship mindset comes thru more clearly with every statement you make.

Nickdfresh
08-11-2007, 07:07 PM
...enough?? I sure as hell do.

Then you're out of your mind! Corporationist whores have enjoyed some of the biggest tax breaks in modern history under Bush, as well as record profits. So, YES! They should pay a higher percentage of the tax burden, especially the oil and gas lobby - since the US military is waging an expensive War in their interests!

You still didn't define what rich is....Gimme a dollar amount. Saying that %1 of the people own %33 of the wealth doesn't tell me what being rich means. How much money do I have to make a year to be considered rich? How much savings do I have to have? How much debt do I have to have to offset my supposed richness? etc...

First of all, you're presumption of polar opposite, dichotomous thinking is so retarded that I cannot give you a precise anything, since you fail to offer one yourself.

Rich and poor? How about varying classes? In any case, I think there's a definition established of about households at $200K being "well off" and financially secure and those consistently worth over $2 million a year being somewhat "rich."

In any case, I'm speaking of corporations, not individuals...

My point is all you tree huggers

WTF is the definition of a "tree hugger?" I'm pretty sure I've killed more trees than you've seen in your lifetime...

...know how to do is run around spouting what the supposed environmental "experts" say.

By "experts," do you mean SCIENTISTS? Golly, really? Maybe you can tell me what the Bible says about global warming. I need the irrational, superstitious version...

You use SUV like it is a dirty word when there are cars out there that pollute way more than a lot of the SUV's out there, yet I never hear anyone even mention those.

What I've said is that SUVs use more fuel than do small passenger cars.

You're conflating two distinct, though related issues: Energy security and Global Warming...

And I believe the reason for that is that the word SUV implies a person who has a certain standard of wealth. Since you abhor anyone having any wealth you figure it is an easy target.

Oh God, that's what you believe. I believe a lot of middle class dolts own SUVs when they could just as easily survive owning station wagons, sedans, or at worst -minvans. SUVs were intended for people to use as work or outdoorsmen vehicles. Not for suburbanites to keep on the pavement.

You never mention all the old ass cars out there that lower income people drive that do even more pollution. They are poor so it isn't an easy target.

But they use less gas. And you're forgetting now that we have a lot of "old ass" SUVs since their boom occurred in the early 90s or late 80s, that also pollute and leak oils everywhere, and still get even shittier mileage than an 87' Nissan Sentra...

So how about you come up with another acronym that actually means something. Something like IMV's, Inefficient Motor Vehicle, which covers every vehicle on the road that pollutes more than it should based on a reasonable standard. Who should set that reasonable standard, I don't know, but I suppose the EPA could do it.

Because again, you're confusing two separate and distinct issues!

And in any case, the actual theory is that older cars will take care of themselves and the newer generations of autos (even used ones) will get better mileage and pollute less.

Again, what's your point?

The other part of your answer involves your typical communist mindset

Do you enjoy making yourself look stupid with such hyperbolic shit that belies even a rudimentary understanding of the basics of political science 101?

Why would "communists" "tax" anybody when they already theoretically won all of the wealth?

...of more taxation. tax Tax TAX! People with inefficient vehicles already pay more tax because they consume more gas. Every gallon of gas they use has taxes associated with it, so there, you get your wish, they are paying more taxes than someone who uses less gas.

And yes, sales of SUVs are down as a result. But I also think that instead of just going to the coffers of fucking scumbag oil executives, maybe some of that should go back as revenue for an underfunded, deficit inflating, gov't.

It's called "fiscal responsibility."

Is ignorance of this principle why three of your businesses went defunct?

I'm not blaming anyone for Global Warming, I never even said there is Global Warming and I certainly never said that if there is Global Warming it is cause by humans.

Then WTF is your point? Do you have one at all?

What I am saying is, poor people drive older, less efficient vehicles.

And I'm saying this is a blanket generalization not really backed up by any data.

Define "poor." Because a lot of truly "poor" people cannot afford vehicles, those that can have their driving severally restricted.

How about instead of even more gas tax, you just ban any vehicle made before 2000 from getting on the roads?? How about we force people to use efficient vehicles and force the auto industry to make vehicles get better gas mileage?

Because many vehicles made before 2000 are low emissions and get really good fuel economy. And the problem is being taken care of via auto-emissions testing at registration in most states anyway.

And "commie-libs" have been advocating that auto makers produce more fuel efficient vehicles for a while now.

It's the Republican asshats that you vote for that fuck it up!

In fact, Bush redid the CAFE standards so that vehicles such a Subaru Legacy are considered SUVs, even though it's clearly a station wagon/passenger car while as you mention, pick-up trucks virtually escape any real scrutiny...

Yah, that is a dumb idea, I know, but it makes more since than raising taxes and it would do WAY more good for the environment.

Fucking-aye-right! Tax polluters and corporations...

There is plenty of public transit out there and people are free to use it.

It's inefficient and polluting, because the tire companies, auto manufacturers and the oil companies all conspired with city gov'ts to do away with city train systems after WWII. It's verifiable fact...

But you know, if people don't buy the fuel that you get all your tax money from to supposedly keep the infrastructure of roads up to date then what are you going to do? It's just like the cigarette tax that keeps going up, they say they use it for schools and what not and they say people need to quit smoking so we are going to make it real expensive, but what are they going to do if people actually do quit smoking?? All that money they count on will no longer be there.

And all the money spent in health care to treat the diseases associated with smoking will not be needed either, same with infrastructure for autos...

That’s all you ever want to do huh? Blame people with money. You must not have any money or have any hope of ever having money. According to you only 1% of the population has all the money, so are you saying that 1% of the population is the whole reason for pollution?

I'm blaming corporations. And the statistics don't lie. you're the one advocating "punishing "poor" people by outlawing any cars made prior to 2000, which in itself would be an environmental nightmare. What would you do with all of the cars?

It's much more feasible to gradually target new vehicles...

So you’re saying that today’s fuel efficiency standards aren't as high as they were in 1983? Somehow I smell BS.

Because that's what your full of and your arguments are based on.

But, I'll just give you that facts instead...

We "peaked" in 1987 at 26.2 MPG. http://www.nytimes.com/2001/05/18/politics/18FUEL.html?ex=1186977600&en=ef64da4edbabcd56&ei=5070
I can't find a convenient graph right now, but I'm pretty sure we're below that...

Paying a tax (Carbon Credit) does not help the environment, using less fuel helps the environment.

It does of it forces industries to reduce their carbon-footprint...

You can't buy your way out of pollution. Al Gore is just one example of the entire hypocrisy of all Global Warming Alarmists. If you look around you will begin to see that hardly any of these people live the life style that they want to force down our throats, they just go around spouting BS so they can fill their pockets with your money. They are using what most marketers use and it's called "direct marketing". If you tell someone their life or their families life may be in danger whether it be true or not people will sign up for whatever you ask. Just like the dumbasses in that Penn and Teller video.

Again, you're just repeating yourself with the whole "hypocrisy" arguments. Gore drives a Prius. Yes he also has limos and the like, but that changes none of the basic facts...

And again, ask 99% scientists that are not on the oil industry payroll (they've publicly offered money to scientists to "disprove" global warming)....

You don't have to be in the military to support your government and troops, that statement is completely asinine. I'll just do like Al Gore and buy some "Military Credits" by paying my taxes.

Oh, well lordy! We've reached a breakthrough. YOU ALREADY ARE! Our military budget is not only bigger than like the next nine COMBINED, we spend over 50% of the worlds defense budget.

So in a sense, your subsidizing the oil industry and paying protection money in order to insure that the US can "project forces" to the Middle East and guarantee access to relatively cheap oil...

And it's no more asinine that your "hypocrite" argument and it's relation to the facts of global warming...

Do you actually think Bush or any parent has the right to force their kids to join the army?

Well, we did up until 1973!

That is a rhetorical question, because obviously that just how your mind works. Are his kids not free people? Do they not have a mind of their own? Or does Bush OWN them? Do you have kids? Do you OWN your kids or are they free? Your communist dictatorship mindset comes thru more clearly with every statement you make. [/B]

So does your inept grasp of actual issues.

Should "rich" and "privileged" kids have to do some sort of public service? Yes! I'd love to see the draft returned.

P.S. It's not just "communist" liberals saying this, check out what Newt Gingrich has recently stated. And even science-adverse fundamentalist Christians are also getting on board with fighting Global Warming...

Angel
08-11-2007, 07:32 PM
A few years back, govt's up here tried to get people to quit smoking by increasing the tobacco taxes. (which are already sky-high). All they accomplished was an increase in crime. Cig trucks/stores getting robbed, and natives "trafficing in tobacco". They had to reduce the taxes to decrease the crime associated.

ROTHisGOD
08-11-2007, 11:43 PM
Amen!

Nitro Express
08-12-2007, 12:31 AM
They cook up something to scare the masses, offer a sollution and to get the sollution means paying them money.

In religion they play on people's fear of death and the unknown. They paint the description of a sollution that some believe but you have to pay Jesus to be saved.

Politicians ignore the scientific process to hype the hell out of some psuedo science saying the earth will be destroyed if you don't pay your taxes and fund the sollution.

Nobody knows for sure what is causing the current climate trends. The earth has a long history of warming and freezing. Also, the activity of the sun is higher now than in the past. That very well could be a major part of it and us little things on the blue ball in space have no control over what the sun does.

It's rediculouse to think we have as much affect on the earth as volcanos and solar activity do.

WACF
08-12-2007, 12:39 AM
Why is it always about taxing someone.

Do what our Neo-Con government (LOL) has done...give tax rebates to people that buy vehicles with better MPG.

PLUS....introduce legislation that requires minimum requirments from the manufacturers.

The big three are making noise over that last one...the Japs and Germans are just sitting back and smiling.

Nitro Express
08-12-2007, 01:16 AM
I've been riding a bycicle a lot lately. I think that justifys me the right to shove a pinapple up Al Gore's private jet, big home, travel in limosine ass.