PDA

View Full Version : Led Zeppelin - Earl's Court May 24-25, 1975 (Bootleg-8CD)

katie
08-11-2007, 07:36 PM
Earl's Court May 24, 1975

The most famous of the five nights at Earls Court, largely because it has long been available in a near complete soundboard recording. The many releases used a combination of the video soundtrack and a proper soundboard source tape. However this was incomplete, running for only 180 minutes. Several years ago Celebration released the 4CD Odysseus, which should and could have been much better. More soundboard tape was used (in Dazed and Confused and for Moby Dick), but there were still gaps in the acoustic section which should have been filled by the audience source. Recently however even more of the soundboard source tape appeared, and this was used by Watch Tower for their 4CD release To Be A Rock And Not To Roll. The gaps were carefully filled with an excellent audience tape. Unfortunately, like so many of Watch Tower's releases, this was again spoilt by numerous digital 'clicks' and 'ticks'. Empress Valley rush released the 4CD He Must Be Dazed And Confused to counteract this. The sound quality is similar to Watch Tower, perhaps a very small improvement, but the big gain is in the strength of Robert Plant's voice, which is much louder and clearer in this new version. Again the gaps have been filled with an excellent audience tape.

CD1
1. Introduction by Nick Horne (1:34)
2. Rock And Rol (4:09)
3. Sick Again (6:53)
4. Over The Hills And Far Away (8:17)
5. In My Time Of Dying (12:34)
6. The Song Remains The Same (5:40)
7. The Rain Song (9:27)
8. Kashmir (11:16)

CD2
1. No Quarter (24:03)
2. Tangerine (5:10)
3. Going To California (6:06)
4. That's The Way (8:53)
5. Bron-Y-Aur Stomp (8:08)

CD3
1. Trampled Underfoot (10:13)
2. Moby Dick (29:27)
3. Dazed And Confused (34:19)

CD4
1. Stairway To Heaven (14:16)
2. Whole Lotta Love (6:38)
3. Black Dog (7:19)

--------------------------

Earl's Court May 25, 1975

This release is undoubtably the most important and exciting release of an Earls Court concert for a very long time. A virtually complete soundboard source tape has been discovered, and used to dramatic effect. In fact the sound quality rivals the previous night, it is simply superb. Again the gaps have been filled with the audience tape (the end of No Quarter and parts of the acoustic section are missing from the soundboard and have been filled with the audience recording). Thank goodness Empress Valley did not repeate their complete howler as they did for the New York 29th July 1973 soundboard release (Grand Finale), by using the previous night's soundboard to fill the gaps. Therefore this last night, all 222 minutes of it, is destined to become a classic, much sought after by fans. Wishing to capitalize on this Empress Valley subsequently released the last night as a seperate 4CD set called The Zeppelin Express Physical Rocket.

CD1
1. No Quarter (27:18)
2. Tangerine (3:30)
3. Going To California (6:05)
4. Over The Hills And Far Away (8:22)
5. Bron-yr-Aur Stomp (7:46)
6. Trampled Underfoot (10:39)

CD2
1. Intro by Alan 'Fluff' Freeman (2:24)
2. Rock And Roll (3:59)
3. Sick Again (6:17)
4. That's The Way (8:48)
5. In My Time Of Dying (13:15)
6. The Song Remains The Same (5:13)

CD3
1. Moby Dick (22:24)
2. Dazed And Confused (32:56)
3. Stairway To Heaven (13:00)

CD4
1. Whole Lotta Love (7:29)
2. Black Dog (7:46)
3. Heartbreaker (9:49)
4. Communication Breakdown (5:57)

Download mirrors here -
http://massmirror.com/f94e3faad78f418a2cae2d77e7784891.html

Nickdfresh
08-12-2007, 11:02 AM
In MP3? :confused:

katie
08-12-2007, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
In MP3? :confused:

http://www.wrongmont.com/gifthorse.jpg

Nickdfresh
08-12-2007, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by katie
http://www.wrongmont.com/gifthorse.jpg

Is that you're actual pic? There seem to be so many, it gets cuntfusing...

You know, there are extremely devout people in the Led Zeppelin community that probably think you're the world's biggest cunt right now. By all accounts, they are one of the most dedicated, conscientious group of bootleg liberators and adherents to top shelf quality of any rock fan community. The people that have worked hard and have spent literally thousands of dollars for Page's source tape masters...

And here you are, the preachy, opinionated idiot that flames people because they like too bittorrent lossless bootlegs...

That is correct isn't it? Don't you have a tad reputation of getting pissy when people speak of bittorrent trading instead of trading via mail? I could be wrong, cause I don't really pay attention to your thread ruining, stalker posts anymore; because you're obviously a very disturbed person. And your only real supporters here are desperate, lonely souls dependent on your online cyber-dick-sucking to make them feel acknowledged.

But I'm pretty sure I've seen people point that out. But yet, here you are, shitting on one of the greatest bootlegs ever by shilling it in a lossless, degrading format...

Whatever Kate.

Enjoy your shit MP3s...

I'm going to watch my DVD now...

katie
08-12-2007, 05:20 PM
When I toss you a bone don't stop me to tell me how it fucking tastes.

Now stop your fucking crying & grow up.

Some people like mp3 & some like flac

Don't let it spoil your day you misogynistic old cunt.

Katie

PS - Remember never look a gift horse in the mouth

adamhlava
08-19-2007, 09:43 PM
As an avid collector of live Zeppelin I must say it really is a shame seeing these shows converted to mp3 for anything but personal use. Please use lossless forms when trading and let the end user convert for convenience purposes. We all know how badly the VH pool got fucked with mp3s in the past. Let's not screw up a good thing.

katie
08-20-2007, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by adamhlava
As an avid collector of live Zeppelin I must say it really is a shame seeing these shows converted to mp3 for anything but personal use. Please use lossless forms when trading and let the end user convert for convenience purposes. We all know how badly the VH pool got fucked with mp3s in the past. Let's not screw up a good thing.

Now that is a jolly good idea, let's all adhere to it.

adamhlava
08-20-2007, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by katie
Now that is a jolly good idea, let's all adhere to it.
Sarcastic British cunt :rolleyes:

katie
08-21-2007, 05:34 AM
Sarcastic British cunt :rolleyes:

//nextgr8twriter.files.wordpress.com/2007/04/laughing.gif

katie
08-21-2007, 05:37 AM
Now then Mr adamhlava are you going to post some boots then?

Thought not, I can see why cato dosen't post shows here anymore.

NEXT!

adamhlava
08-21-2007, 02:02 PM
Take a look at my list. I'll post any show you want. Seriously.

http://db.etree.org/zeppelin71

katie
08-21-2007, 06:10 PM
Take a look at my list. I'll post any show you want. Seriously.

http://db.etree.org/zeppelin71

You are a cool guy.

You choose, Nice to see someone willing to add to this forum

adamhlava
08-22-2007, 06:43 AM
How about this?

Previously unreleased studio outtakes from the recording of Led Zeppelin III & IV.

01 Celebration Day (Pre-Vocal Mix)
02 Hey Hey What Can I do (Pre-Vocal Mix)
03 Out on the tiles (Pre-Vocal Mix)
04 Four Sticks (Pre-Vocal Mix)
05 When the Levee Breaks (Alternate Lyrics)

These are the original FLAC files liberated by "The Fonz' on 07/17/2004.
Several boot companies have used these as the source for their silvers. Rest assured these are the pre-boot originals.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WJS4A0UB

katie
08-22-2007, 09:00 AM
Cheers adamhlava