PDA

View Full Version : Do celebrities annoy you?

thefive
05-07-2004, 03:42 PM
Do celebrities on the whole annoy you?

For me yes they do.

The celebrity scene annoys me. Does it annoy you? (fans yelling and screaming when they see their celebrity across the street, at premieres,
or wherever.

For example actors are just people that work in front of a camera. Plumbers work in front of pipes. Teachers work in front of a classroom.
But these people do not get fame or fortune.

A lot of celebrities think they are better than us non-celebrities. (thefive rolls eyes).

What is the big fasination with this celebrity world???????

I just want some of your thoughts. I want to see if anyone feels the same way I do about this.

BITEYOASS
05-07-2004, 08:24 PM
Most celebrities are damn pricks anyway, what's worse are the fans who start crying whenever they see them, how pathetic.

thefive
05-07-2004, 09:51 PM
Exactly.

thefive
05-08-2004, 02:34 AM
Come on guys I am waiting for your thoughts on this.

Jesus Christ
05-08-2004, 03:34 AM
Do you consider Me a celebrity?

And consider thine answer before replying.

Coyote
05-08-2004, 07:17 AM
The only thing that really annoys me is the incredible stupidity that shines through some celebs. (Jessica Simpson, for one)

Other than that, I couldn't care less 'bout their exsistence.

BITEYOASS
05-08-2004, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by Jesus Christ

No your the king of kings, the son of god, that's way higher than any celebrity status. Why would thou son of god hast considered being a person only recognized for 15 minutes?

Golden AWe
05-08-2004, 09:43 AM
I enjoy looking at the photos...I tend to skip the text.

There are so few celebrities that can actually say anything interesting. Ever.

julia
05-20-2004, 06:55 AM
depends on who the celeb is for me most annoy me a few do not

Panamark
05-20-2004, 08:56 AM
Jessica Simpson and her other half ? Whats his name ? Nick boyband or something, Paris Hilton these celebrities piss me off. But they are not all like this. Some stick to their origins and are not self inflated pricks.... It is possible to meet some celebs and think, shit they are just normal dudes, (lucky) but normal..

lms
05-20-2004, 09:33 AM
Yes most celebrities annoy me if I take time to think about them, which until I read this post, I didn't. A lot of people that are not celebrities annoy the hell out of me too. At least the celebrities generally leave me alone...

High Life Man
05-20-2004, 11:36 AM
I hate when they spew their liberal views. Yeah, it's easy to say that kind of shit when you're getting paid $20 million a movie.

And just today, I saw that Brittney Spears went running off a stage in Germany all crying and shit. Boo fucking hoo. She can buy anything she wants, smoke anything she wants, fuck anything she wants. Yeah, life is real tough. Kill yourself already.

rustoffa
05-20-2004, 10:48 PM
It's often a chore, think about the logistics involved with Tom Cruise manipulating the common doorknob.

Dr. Love
05-20-2004, 11:00 PM
It seems like High School Popularity at a higher-playing field, to me.

Xocolatl
05-21-2004, 05:03 AM
Not into the worship bit. A similar discussion has been made about sports heroes -- how the people we see on our teevees / bigscreens / playing fields are so high and mighty and we are so low, so people *assUme* that they are gods and good examples. Then they get all bent out of shape when they find out, gee, they're humans just like us and possibly even worse. Did they ASK you to suck their genitals? No, you stepped up to the plate and grabbed the kneepads. You disappointed yourself, they just lived their lives.

Y'know, what really cracks me up are the shows which are supposed to create celebrities -- all these "reality" contest shows that drag on for a season, expecially the aptly named American Idol (they forgot to insert the word "plastic" in the title). Worship these people because the television told you to, no other reason exists. Nah, I'll hold my adolation for someone I can actually touch or has honestly done something worthwhile that I admire.

People go overboard with that celeb/hero shit.

FORD
05-21-2004, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by High Life Man
I hate when they spew their right wing views. Yeah, it's easy to say that kind of shit when you're getting paid $20 million a movie.

Mezro
05-27-2004, 06:57 PM
You know who rubs the casing right off my snausage? That coke riddled bitch Whitney Houston.

What a fucking fraud talking about God and respect for the world..blah, blah, blah...powder that nose you elk..I'll wait.

And you know who else makes me laugh? Her husband, Bobby Brown...I like to call him "The Brown Gumby" with his wedge head and "who me" look when the cops pick him up.

Both of these fuckers need to slide down into reality and remember the smell of food stamps from when they were children.

Mezro..the burgers are calling Whitney..time to flip em

Hummarstra
05-31-2004, 12:38 PM
I abhore celebrity culture. And it's EVERYWHERE. You can't watch the news without a cleverly disguised commercial for someones new movie. Most celebrities are shallow drug using transparent shitheads who fucked and sucked their way to the top or rode on their famous parents coattails. I wish I had a anti-beyonce/jessica simpson/kate hudson/clay aiken/paris hilton/50 cent/jennifer aniston/michelle branch/matchbox 20/puff daddy button on my remote. Fuck those people!!!!

freak
05-31-2004, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Jesus Christ

Your only performance, so to speak, lead the Romans to nail you to a tree.

You, sir, were the Jewish William Hung.

freak
05-31-2004, 03:07 PM
I, for one, LOVE celebrities!

I tune into talk shows weekly so the latest and greatest of them can preach to me about complicated world affairs and matters of political import too complicated for the great unwashed public to comprehend. For, without them, I would know not what to think.

Obviously, being dressed in designer clothing and playing pretend for a living expands one's intellect exponentially. Hell, why did I spend eight long years in college? I could easily have joined the community theater and found intellectual nirvana in "Streetcar Named Desire."