PDA

View Full Version : Karl Rove to resign at end of month

ODShowtime
08-13-2007, 05:43 AM
13 minutes ago

Top White House political adviser Karl Rove, who masterminded President George W. Bush's political campaigns in 2000 and 2004, said in an interview published Monday that he will resign at the end of this month.

"I just think it's time," Rove told The Wall Street Journal. "There's always something that can keep you here, and as much as I'd like to be here, I've got to do this for the sake of my family."

The paper said Rove's resignation as White House Deputy Chief of Staff would become effective on August 31.

Rove has been under fire since 2003, when retired US diplomat Joseph Wilson claimed he had illegally leaked to the media the identity of Wilson's wife, Valerie Plame, a covert CIA employee.

Wilson asserted the leak had been orchestrated in retaliation for his New York Times article, in which he refuted the Bush administration's claim that the Iraqi government of Saddam Hussein had explored ways of purchasing uranium ore from Niger.

The claim, made by Bush in his 2003 State of the Union address, was widely used to justify the subsequent invasion of Iraq.

An investigation into the Plame leak led to perjury and obstruction of justice charges, and subsequent conviction of Lewis "Scooter" Libby, a former chief of staff for Vice President Richard Cheney.

But prosecutors determined last year there was no reason to charge Rove with any wrongdoing.

Asked in the interview if he felt he had committed any mistakes during his White House tenure, Rove said, "I'll put my feet up in September and think about that."
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/uspoliticsrove&printer=1;_ylt=Apkf1F8ntPR6qOoISLDkC8mGOrgF

Now he has more time to work on his rap career.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HxcuVlCuX9Y"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HxcuVlCuX9Y" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Nickdfresh
08-13-2007, 06:33 AM
Lil' turd blossom, fine'?

Satan
08-13-2007, 08:17 AM
God damn it!

You just KNEW the BCE was going to find a way to upstage Van HALEN, those criminal unelected sons of bitches!! :mad:

Seriously though, this isn't news. KKKarl is needed to manipulate the next campaign. He can't do anything for Chimpy anymore. If they were dragging the filthy bastard off to prison, THAT would be newsworthy.

Hardrock69
08-13-2007, 09:57 AM
I agree.

That worthless shitbag!

Good riddance!

I hope he does get dragged off to prison.
:mad:

jcook11
08-14-2007, 12:24 AM
You wont have Karl Rove to kick around anymore! I'll bet a hundred bucks FORD has been beating off non-stop after hearing this....

On a side note Karl would have left before the end of the month but still has contractual obligatios to the devil to fulfill

BITEYOASS
08-14-2007, 10:24 AM
Adios TURD BLOSSOM!!!! :D

ODShowtime
08-14-2007, 07:07 PM
I'm sure he'll make a fortune with his upcoming book.

Sure, let's give this fuck more money.

DEMON CUNT
08-14-2007, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by jcook11
You wont have Karl Rove to kick around anymore! I'll bet a hundred bucks FORD has been beating off non-stop after hearing this....

I'll take that bet, even though it is a creepy homosexual image you choose to offer it with.

FORD, have you in fact been "beating off non-stop after hearing" of the resignation of Karl Rove?

jcook11
08-14-2007, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by DEMON CUNT
I'll take that bet, even though it is a creepy homosexual image you choose to offer it with.

FORD, have you in fact been "beating off non-stop after hearing" of the resignation of Karl Rove?

The silence is deafening

DEMON CUNT
08-15-2007, 12:41 AM
The silence is deafening

You can't even wait an hour.

Are you "beating off" while waiting to hear if FORD has been "beating off"?

Seriously, what is it with the "beating off" stuff?

jcook11
08-15-2007, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by DEMON CUNT
You can't even wait an hour.

Are you "beating off" while waiting to hear if FORD has been "beating off"?

Seriously, what is it with the "beating off" stuff?

C'mon DC, I haven't been around much lately and usually FORD is all over something like this. And I"beat off" while watching the Tyra Banks show I thought that was common knowledge :D

Ellyllions
08-15-2007, 07:42 AM
I was surprised to hear NPR talking so non-chalant about this yesterday. They were explaining the whole, "End of GWB's political career thing..." The interviewer asked, "Is he doing this to avoid a subpoena?" The commentator almost laughed when he said, "He can be subpoenaed no matter where he is..."

Oh well, next....

Steve Savicki
08-16-2007, 04:09 PM
I bet the man needs to spend time PROTECTING his family.

hideyoursheep
08-17-2007, 06:23 PM
"Spend more time with his family" is BushCo for "Resigning in shame".

I caught how Faux Noise blew it off, repeated the "time with family" mantra, and went to the breaking news of an alleged pedophile being arrested in Granny's Neck, West Va., or some fucking where.

Distraction. Denial.

Defeat.

jcook11
08-17-2007, 07:24 PM
If Rove has done any thing wrong then congress should investigate indite subpeona or whatever,other than that zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

hideyoursheep
08-17-2007, 09:10 PM
If Rove has done any thing wrong then congress should investigate indite subpeona or whatever,other than that zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz is what the former majority Repukes did.

Now that the heat is getting turned up-

Run KKKarl, run..

Oh, and the "spend time with his family" shitspeak is hilarious.

I guess he hasn't given a shit about them since the '70s.:rolleyes: