PDA

View Full Version : Hey, I have some stock market advice for everyone.

BITEYOASS
08-14-2007, 10:58 AM
GET THE HELL OUT NOW WHILE YOU STILL CAN! Luckily I sold all of my individual stocks friday and kept my skin with a profit of a couple hundred dollars. If I didn't then I would have lost more money.

Something tells me there will be a big slump for this year, seeing that the entire country is up to their necks in prime mortgage debt. And I doubt pumping money from the federal reserve is gonna do any good.

Hardrock69
08-14-2007, 02:34 PM
You sold your stocks????

Shit man, now is the time to BUY while the prices are down!

BITEYOASS
08-14-2007, 06:08 PM
Oh their gonna go down further.

BITEYOASS
08-14-2007, 06:11 PM
All I'm saying is get ready for a correction, inflation and more foreclosures.

Nitro Express
08-16-2007, 04:53 AM
It all depends on whether the big time investors in the hedge funds and the Federal Reserve can stop the freefall. The world's financial markets are real complicated with lot's of hedging and manipulating going on. Not to mention right out lying.

If the Fed dropping the intrest rates buys back the confidence, it will buy the market some time but hyper-inflation is always a worry. If that buys some confidence we might take a small recession short-term.

If the credit derivative market goes south, the investment bankers and financial institutions will shit their pants causing wide spread panic and you will see runs on the banks worldwide. If the credit insurance fails and turns out to be bullshit, you better hope you own where you live and have a garden to eat out of because I'm talking depression with failed banks here. You could lose your cash and even if you have it, hyper-inflation because there is too much of it will eat the value.

All you can do is diversify. Parking money in utilities and brands like well known consumer good companies like Anhieser Busch, Hienz, Kraft, kimberly Clark and Proctor and Gamble. Buying some stock in the companies that make ramen noodles may be smart. No shit.

Hardrock69
08-16-2007, 09:19 AM
Hyper-inflation may be a worry, but if so, why did the Fed dump 62 billion dollars into circulation last week????

That right there is going to increase inflation.

Deklon
08-16-2007, 09:28 AM
Everyone relax. Everyone looks at these things day to day and that is dangerous. The markets are well higher than they were a year ago. If your time frame is greater than three years, stay diversified and don't worry about this day to day stuff. If your time fram is less than three years, you shouldn't be in stocks anyway. Remember, the media's job is to make money and get viewers, which means they like to create panic.

knuckleboner
08-16-2007, 10:02 AM
deklon is exactly right.

if your goal was to make money THIS YEAR, then sure, sell now. if your goal is to have money a few years from now, you stay in. look at the entire history of the stock market. one year to the next, it definitely goes down. over ANY 5-10 year period? it's ALWAYS up.

BITEYOASS
08-16-2007, 10:07 AM
Well I'm just gonna wait either for a year, when bush is out of office or Jim Cramer jumps out of a building and until this housing market recovers. I had a diversified portfolio and if I would have stayed in this week, then I probably would have lost over $1000.

Hyman Roth
08-16-2007, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Deklon
Everyone relax. Everyone looks at these things day to day and that is dangerous. The markets are well higher than they were a year ago. If your time frame is greater than three years, stay diversified and don't worry about this day to day stuff. If your time fram is less than three years, you shouldn't be in stocks anyway. Remember, the media's job is to make money and get viewers, which means they like to create panic.

Exactly! Long term trend is steady growth. Are you retireing in the next 3 years? Might want to reconsider that decision and stay in the market an extra 5.

BITEYOASS
08-16-2007, 10:30 AM
Well I wasn't planning on retiring anytime soon. I was using it for tuition money when my G.I. Bill runs out. Plus I'm quite impatient and tend to sell my stock when they reach 25% profit or beyond. One time I made 125% off of Netflix and about 75% from US Airways after they merged with America West. Added to that I got tired of having to keep an eye on these stocks on a daily basis and wanted to jump out of the plane before it crashed.

Nitro Express
08-17-2007, 09:16 PM
With the US Dollar hemoraging it's worth the only place you can hedge against inflation is in the stock market.

I do some work for my cousins company in Germany and I told him just pay me in Euros and I have them deposited in a bank in Germany. It's been a great move.

When I do transfer my Euro holdings into dollars, holly hell, it's a blowjob every time I do!

Nitro Express
08-17-2007, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
Hyper-inflation may be a worry, but if so, why did the Fed dump 62 billion dollars into circulation last week????

That right there is going to increase inflation.

No Federal Reserve Chairman wants to be the guy who caused the depression because he's going to be rolling in a bullet proof car and living behind bigtime security for the rest of his life if that's the case.

The short-term fix is to lower rates and get some dollars out there. A problem that would have never happened if Greenspan wasn't afraid to cause a correction recession in the mid 90's. Instead he opended the flood gates and created the biggest bubble economy in US history.

If you bought your stocks or home before or early on in the upturn you are fine, you can wait the market out for a few years and gain it back but if you bought on the peak of the bubble, you lose! So it all depends on WHEN you invested.

Nitro Express
08-17-2007, 09:30 PM
Trying to predict what the market is going to do for sure is like predicting the weather. Right now our economy has subpar dikes and everytime it looks like a hurricane is going to hit, hell if I know if it's Katrina or just another scare. We don't know until things start to happen and when they do, it will happen so fast and be such a mess.

We will live in this state until we get someing real done about our unaccounted for liabilities, the trade deficite, and creating real long-term jobs again.

Hummarstra
08-19-2007, 05:17 AM
I'm buying DXD SDS QID on their next pullbacks. We're gonna test that Aug 16 300 point bottom one more time. If the volume we have on that retest is less and we close above those lows. Go long. Remember there's always a bull market somewhere and my job is to find it. Invest at your own risk. Hummarstra shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damages related to, either directly or indirectly to his stock picks posted on Rotharmy message boards.