PDA

View Full Version : Burress a no-show at Stillers' mini-camp

Va Beach VH Fan
05-07-2004, 10:27 PM
Here we fucking go....

What a shithead....

Let's see... Have your worst year since your rookie year, drop passes like you've got oven mitts on....

Hmmm.... Since he's a UFA after this year......

Got it !!! Holdout for a new contract !!!!

I watched Cowher's comments below tonight, 'ol boy was noticeably pissed....

- - - - - - - - - - -

PITTSBURGH -- Wide receiver Plaxico Burress is boycotting the Pittsburgh Steelers' minicamp, but his agent said it has nothing to do with his contract, which expires at the end of the season.

Coach Bill Cowher said he was disappointed.

"It is an unexcused absence," Cowher said. "I'm very disappointed in his decision and we are ready to move on with or without him."

Agent, Gene Mato said Burress wasn't attending the three-day minicamp because of a "personal matter."

POJO_Risin
05-08-2004, 12:04 AM
And they didn't trade him because?....

Oh yeah...nobody fucking wanted a malcontent...

hey...maybe they could trade him to Miami...lmfao...they could draw a line down the middle of the locker room...

have Boston on one side...Plax on the other...

Christ...they'd have to get another locker room for the rest of the players...

and there'd be what...21 dropped passes a game for Miami?

Time to move Randal-El to the number 2 slot...

Va Beach VH Fan
05-08-2004, 09:04 AM
Randle-El practiced there yesterday....

Burress' mother did pass away close to this time 2 years ago, and this being Mother's Day weekend, there might be a little validity to it....

But they're not buying it, and I don't blame them....

POJO_Risin
05-08-2004, 09:48 AM
Well...you know what...I don't mind someone being upset about your mother dying...I get that...

but being an adult...

and my guess is...there aren't many of us who take the day off to celebrate people who have died in our lives...

Troy
05-08-2004, 03:19 PM
I believe Julian Peterson is holding out as well. I just don't get it. I understand the security of a new contract with the signing bonus, injuries, etc... but, it's not like these guys don't know how the business works in the NFL. Suck it up damnit!