PDA

View Full Version : Teens and drugs

Ellyllions
08-16-2007, 08:13 AM
I was fortunate enough to spend the whole day out with my 17 year old son yesterday. It was a good day. He's got a job, a girlfriend, and going into his senior year in high school; so naturally my time with him is minimal. Conversations have never been a problem for us as I've always kept an open mind with him and tried not to judge him and let him make decisions with as much candor as I can muster.

We had a very interesting conversation in reference to drugs that surprised me enough to want to tell other parents about it.

I had no idea how prevalent cocaine was amongst teens. I went into the conversation thinking that he'd say pot, ecstatsy, maybe even meth. But that wasn't the information I got at all. Well, not entirely anyway.

According to him, pot is so commonplace that he (and most of the teens he knows) believes that the teachers know that most kids smoke it on the school grounds. He told me that he's seen teachers watching or even walking by kids with lit joints in their hands and chose not to do anything about it.

But the drug that is the most prevalent on his school campus is cocaine. That shocked me because cocaine is so expensive. But according to him, if a kid at his school is doing anything it's most likely cocaine.

Yeah, I'm writing the school aministration about it, but I'm waiting until he graduates. Why? Well, in this school system the kids who have parents who try to make a difference are the ones who are punished, made examples of, interrogated, and ostracised. No joke. I had an issue a while back and had a Principal say to me, "If I punish these kids for this, they get nothing more than some extra time on the street. However, if I punish your child, you'll actually teach him something."

binnie
08-16-2007, 08:48 AM
Cocaine is expensive, how the hell do they afford it? I'm guessing that those who are doing it aren't doing it everyday because of the sheer expense (if that's any consolation.)

I expect most teens to come into contact with pot, it's as normal as driking alcohol - but AT SCHOOL?? No fucking way, we used to get into major trouble for smoking cigarrettes - hell, we used to get detention for un-tucking the shirts from our trousers (had to wear a unifrom at my school until you were 16).

It's great that you can talk to your son about things like this Elly - I had. have a similar kind of relationship with my Mum and wouldn't change it for the world.

Hardrock69
08-16-2007, 09:16 AM
Back in 1973 kids in my junior high school were smoking pot at recess. I myself did not begin until I was 16. Only a month or so before I decided to become a rock musician.
:cool:

I am personally not into chemicals like coke, pills, meth, etc. I tried a few things back in the day (coke being the most common), but I do not have any addictions, and realized soon that it is not worth what it costs in dollars, and of course if you get addicted to it and it fucks your life up, then it TRULY is not worth it.

I knew kids who were dealing pounds of pot through their bedroom window when they were 12.

Ellyllions
08-16-2007, 09:19 AM
And what's puzzling me is that he doesn't go to a school that's full of wealthy kids. This is a public school in a poor to middle class area. Most of the kids there are at the same social level. So I have no idea how they're affording to be cocaine users.

I know how the girls are getting it. He was telling me about one friend of his had turned in 3 short years from being a very innocent, "good" girl to a coke head by giving blow jobs for coke.

And they do not believe that oral sex is sex at all.
....hmmm wonder where they got that idea....?

binnie
08-16-2007, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Ellyllions

I know how the girls are getting it. He was telling me about one friend of his had turned in 3 short years from being a very innocent, "good" girl to a coke head by giving blow jobs for coke.

When I was in High School, I desparately wanted to meet girls like that.

Now, I think it's sad: and I don't mean sad as in "uncool", I mean it as in a little depressing. Not even 18 and doing that? Damn shame.

BITEYOASS
08-16-2007, 09:46 AM
Hell, this shit has been going on for a long time over in Jackson, MI, I was in 3'rd grade and living about an hour away from the epicenter of the big crack epidemic (Detroit). We had the whole anti-drug thing going on a daily basis at school. Before that it was Heroin and weed smoking that was widespread all the way back to the late 60's. So I guess the rest of the country caught up.

I remember on Roth Radio that Dave mentioned most of the so-called cocaine being sold today is cut with crystal meth.

BITEYOASS
08-16-2007, 09:49 AM
My parents smoked weed and I turned out just fine. Fuck, they didn't even bother hiding it. Sometimes they would be smoking this toothpick sized joint and pass it among friends. Basically to the point of mellowing out and not being full blown passed out stoned.

Ellyllions
08-16-2007, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by BITEYOASS

I remember on Roth Radio that Dave mentioned most of the so-called cocaine being sold today is cut with crystal meth.

Now that there is a thought...which is what these kids think is Coke.

In my high school days, no one could afford to snort coke. That's why I'm so surprised. He's talking about kids snorting cocaine throughout the day. And that it's the majority of what's being passed around.

Like I said, Cocaine was not what I expected to hear.

Shaun Ponsonby
08-16-2007, 10:17 AM
I was gonna come into this thread with a teen's point of view...until I realised I'm not very well-versed in the subject. I don't like smoke, I hate needles, I hate putting things in my nose and I can't swallow tablets...HA! I don't even like being touched by other people (but then I spent a small but important part of my childhood in a homeless hostel surrounded by filthy junkies, think it left a lasting mark)

I will say I had a friend who was always trying to shock and out-do people. The key word there is "had"...I'm pretty sure you can guess the rest. Turned to cocaine and heroin...last time I saw him he was along the Leeds-Liverpool Cannal, and he was a fucking mess. And I just left him, I was just horriefied by what he had become. No idea where he is now or how he's doing. Shame. He was a real interesting character when he was clean.

Suppose it's a bit like Zammo in Grange Hill.

Jimmy Jingles
08-16-2007, 10:21 AM

In my high school days, no one could afford to snort coke.

Same here...the only coke we had came in cans and we drank it at lunch.

Pot was so common place, we were doing it in my shop class.

Mr. Shaddix didn't give two shits!

Good times.

binnie
08-16-2007, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby

Suppose it's a bit like Zammo in Grange Hill.

I think that's the lesson we should all take from this :)

bastardog
08-16-2007, 11:20 AM
In my High school days the kids smoke joints at recess....but never inside the school. We even got drunk some times at recess.
coke was used just on parties.

There was a bunch of kids that use coke at school that we touth they were wealthy. After a time, at leat me, understand that they were just an image.......they live in really poor conditions (not all of them but most) and they were just "friends" bigger kids that wer drug dealers.
To be short, all of them ended as junkies one was killed, others are in jail with very long time to serve. Just one escape that life and join the ARMY and is (i think) in Germany.

ThrillsNSpills
08-16-2007, 06:32 PM
are you sure it wasn't crack Elly?

that's cheaper, no?

rocknrolldork
08-17-2007, 02:30 PM
I don't do it but blow is everywhere again. It seems like the craze died down a bit in the 90's but when I went on the road the last few times it was everywhere. Everyone had it and was offering it all the time. I've seen what that shit can do to a person and everyone around them. Fuck that shit. Give me a doobie and send me on my way.

Also.... A lot of times people have already crushed meth and sell it to kids as coke. That's going to fuck a lot of kids up in the long run too.

My daughter is 15 and she tells me everything. Even the stuff I don't want to hear but as a parent need to hear. She's into some shit she shouldn't be into but not drugs thank God.

ROTHisGOD
08-17-2007, 02:41 PM
Coke needs to be illegal...and yes I like the effects on me,except for the draw on my bank account,that is why I don't do it anymore...

MAPRamone
08-17-2007, 03:31 PM
All i can say is WOW!!! Your war on drugs must really be working...

thome
08-17-2007, 03:57 PM
Now that there is a thought...which is what these kids think is Coke.

In my high school days, no one could afford to snort coke. .

We got JOBS!!!! THAT'S, WHAT"S WRONG WITH THIS NEW GENERATION

LAZY.......... lazy punks .

Plus we used to mix meth (speed) with our coke now the dealers do it for us.
Of course we could mix the strengths that we prefered, now they just cut the coke.

Just kidding but it sounded good at the time.

Oxy has killed three of my friends sons, two were college boys same father a year apart I believe guilt+oxy took the second boy,......one a highschool football star son of another friend of mine.

Oxycontin
This stuff builds up in your fat you are not high anymore because
it is so slow of a release, then you take more or even some the next day, well it is still building up and you take more ....

All of the sudden it all will release at once... OD ...no hope, no chance.

Every parent should talk this last couple sentences of mine word for word to thier kid.Or something very close to it .

Just say no is bullsh!t, a reason about why, how it really is, what chemically it does, is what they need, takes all the experimenting out of the situation.

I have fear of all drugs but Oxy is a tri..x...x..ter that really needs to be watched.

ROTHisGOD
08-17-2007, 04:06 PM
sniff,sniff...$$$$

Dan
08-17-2007, 04:14 PM
Weed Is Good.:smoke2:

Jérôme Frenchise
08-17-2007, 04:18 PM
If coke is cheaper today, maybe it's because they cut it (with crystal, as BYA said). In the high school where I work, coke is a plague too, though it's in a rural, mountain-surrounded place - there are almost 2,000 pupils though, which multiplies the risks for drugs to be introduced, including the fact many kids come there from all around France because of winter-sports/studies classes.

15 years ago, coke was sold 1,000 French francs a gram, whereas today it's €60, that is 400 French francs. Taking devaluation into account, 15 years ago it cost about €220 (and not €150)...
So I have to agree: it cannot be "proper" coke that is sold for such prices, but something even worse, if meth or whatever other poison is added to it.

Little Lamont
08-17-2007, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Dan
Weed Is Good.:smoke2:

Everybody know Lamont loves his weed. The rest of that shit can kiss my black ass. I'm still worried 'bout Eddie being on meth. He looked too thin again at the press conference. I've heard it's damn near impossible to kick, hooks you from the first time you do it. Gotta get the word out to the kids: don't even try that shit once!

Nitro Express
08-17-2007, 08:41 PM
I was the normal teenage kid who snuck a little alcohol and smoked a little pot but never went beyond that for one good reason.

I was big into Scouting when I was a kid and when we went to pass off our fingerprinting merrit badges an FBI buddy of my dad's met us at the local police station and while doing so, he SHOWED us the results of drug addiction and use that scared the living fuck out of me. That man was a master at driving it home what that shit will do to you.

I have one teenager and two younger kids. I don't shelter them from the dark side of drugs. I want them to see the puking and misery. I want them to see the shaking and insanity. I want them to see the broken homes and the ugliness. Why? They will have to make a choice sooner or later and I want them to know what's hidden behind the exciting door of false promises.

Ellyllions
08-17-2007, 08:46 PM
Nitro, I've taken the same approach. I've told my boy that he should do NOTHING in life without understanding the cause and effect. I told him that if I find out that he's tried anything before he moves out of this house, we (meaning he and I) shall be visiting the local AA or Al-non chapter just to sit in on meetings.

It's just education. Ya know?

Nitro Express
08-17-2007, 09:10 PM
The best thing to do is legalize drugs across the board and regulate them. We are making the scum of the earth so financially powerful they just buy whatever they want. Judges, politicians, the police at the expense of harming our kids.

Legalize drugs and we make these powerful drug blackmarketers nothing overnight. Then we teach our kids about the dangers of such shit. Then the ones who are stupid enough to ignore the warnings, Darwin gets them.

Like fish on a reef, the stupid ones get eaten.

hideyoursheep
08-17-2007, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
The best thing to do is legalize drugs across the board and regulate them. We are making the scum of the earth so financially powerful they just buy whatever they want. Judges, politicians, the police at the expense of harming our kids.

Legalize drugs and we make these powerful drug blackmarketers nothing overnight. Then we teach our kids about the dangers of such shit. Then the ones who are stupid enough to ignore the warnings, Darwin gets them.

Like fish on a reef, the stupid ones get eaten.

Learn now what the effects of drugs/alcohol are on a person, how it changes them, and you don't empower street pharmacists to start with. Just giving some other guy jurisdiction by regulating this shit isn't the answer.

Yeah, I hear that coke is cheaper nowadays, maybe because the demand for it has dropped off or meth is the alternative synthetic substitute. Once that stuff becomes easily attainable to school kids, you should watch his money and his friends closely.

Nitro, stay off the reef. Alcohol is a drug. Why do you think Americans spend billions medicating themselves with it? Because it tastes good?
"MMmmmm...Jagermeister!":rolleyes:

The govt. regulates that, but they give a shit less about the effects on you or your family. The biggest pushers out there. Here's the difference between being an alcoholic and a drug addict:

any questions?

Nitro Express
08-18-2007, 04:44 AM
Cocaine is cheap. My sister used to live in Peru where they grow the shit. In it's raw form it's legal and you can buy the leaves on the street. Only when it's processed into the condesed form is it illegal. The stuff costs pennies to make. That's why the war on drugs has been a failure. The bad guys can lose most of their shipments and still make money on the difference. They lost pennies but once it gets through to the US it's valuable.

Alcohol is a drug and kills quite a few people a year. Even ones who don't drink by the results of drunken driving. Some of the people who are driving drunk are in the country illegally.

Very few people would get killed if we actually enforced our laws and dished out some harsh punishment for drunk driving that would scare people from doing it. I'm talking hard labor that everyone hates here.

There will always be the addicts but that doesn't mean we have to put up with Al Capone and Pablo Escabar because the shit is illegal. Illegal cocaine has ruined Colombia. Ever been to Bogata? I have.

Legalize the drugs.

DeadOrAlive
08-18-2007, 04:51 AM
What drugs a kid does really depends on location. Where I live, ecstasy is pretty popular. However, 10 miles down the high way, it's crystal meth heaven. Pot is around everywhere, but each high school has its "special drug."

I would know because I've finished three years of highschool and am now entering my fourth (SENIOR YEAR!!)

I have friends from everywhere in the area, and I get the gossip and news everywhere.

Almost every kid is offered some sort of drug, whether it's a cigarette, hookah (which is getting VERY popular again,) or pot, to heroine, crystal meth, and cocaine. Most reject the offer, but a few here or there accept.

It's a weird world sometimes, when you know more and more about your own generation.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
08-18-2007, 05:13 AM

....hmmm wonder where they got that idea....?

That all depends on what the definition of 'is' is.....

Nitro Express
08-18-2007, 05:38 AM
Originally posted by DeadOrAlive
What drugs a kid does really depends on location. Where I live, ecstasy is pretty popular. However, 10 miles down the high way, it's crystal meth heaven. Pot is around everywhere, but each high school has its "special drug."

I would know because I've finished three years of highschool and am now entering my fourth (SENIOR YEAR!!)

I have friends from everywhere in the area, and I get the gossip and news everywhere.

Almost every kid is offered some sort of drug, whether it's a cigarette, hookah (which is getting VERY popular again,) or pot, to heroine, crystal meth, and cocaine. Most reject the offer, but a few here or there accept.

It's a weird world sometimes, when you know more and more about your own generation.

I graduated in 1984. My generation saw the stupidness that resulted from the late 1960's. The nextdoor nieghbors son ended up in a mental hospital because of LSD. My brother got busted for marajuana. We had hippie dip teachers we hated and I remember my dad getting his gun and running the hippies off of our property.

Anything 1960ish or 70ish was not welcome in my high school. The 80's were a whole new thing and we were going to do it better than our idiotic predesessors. We actually wore suits. I had a closet full of Italian, Spanish, and Brazilian suits with lots of thin ties and variouse loafer shoes. We used to sneak into clubs underage and the suits helped make us look older. It was a dapper time for sure. Alcohol was the main drug. Pot was for stoners and if you did anything harder you were a junkie.

People still smoked a little pot in the closet though. But if someone brought out some pills or some pellet to smoke in a Pyrex pipe. Hell no!

I had a lot of fun in those days. The 80's were fun. Lot's of different kinds of music and everyone loved Van Halen.

Nitro Express
08-18-2007, 08:15 PM
We want a tamper safe cap on our Tylenol but we will buy illegal drugs from the scum of the earth and tottaly trust them. Go figure. Duh, is this coke cut with meth? Duh.

Redballjets88
08-18-2007, 08:52 PM
I was fortunate enough to spend the whole day out with my 17 year old son yesterday. It was a good day. He's got a job, a girlfriend, and going into his senior year in high school; so naturally my time with him is minimal. Conversations have never been a problem for us as I've always kept an open mind with him and tried not to judge him and let him make decisions with as much candor as I can muster.

We had a very interesting conversation in reference to drugs that surprised me enough to want to tell other parents about it.

I had no idea how prevalent cocaine was amongst teens. I went into the conversation thinking that he'd say pot, ecstatsy, maybe even meth. But that wasn't the information I got at all. Well, not entirely anyway.

According to him, pot is so commonplace that he (and most of the teens he knows) believes that the teachers know that most kids smoke it on the school grounds. He told me that he's seen teachers watching or even walking by kids with lit joints in their hands and chose not to do anything about it.

But the drug that is the most prevalent on his school campus is cocaine. That shocked me because cocaine is so expensive. But according to him, if a kid at his school is doing anything it's most likely cocaine.

Yeah, I'm writing the school aministration about it, but I'm waiting until he graduates. Why? Well, in this school system the kids who have parents who try to make a difference are the ones who are punished, made examples of, interrogated, and ostracised. No joke. I had an issue a while back and had a Principal say to me, "If I punish these kids for this, they get nothing more than some extra time on the street. However, if I punish your child, you'll actually teach him something."

It might be differenet where you are from, but, as a 19 year old that just graduated Coke is around and many still see it as being a "hard drug". Pot is very common and 90% of teens would say it's not that big of a deal. The things that scare me the most are people that use meth or abuse pills. I have had a personal friend throw his life away over meth, and just last week another friend overdosed on a mix of quad bars (xanax) and alcohol. stuff like this is totally ridiclous and I hate it. I have smoked before and I don't see me doing it as a big deal because I'm resonsible enough to not let it affect my life other than at the moment, while at the same time I stopped because I don't see it as a smart thing to be doing since I will be starting college this month. As stupid as it sounds I know people that have let pot change their lives, it is sad to see. Since my friends funeral myself and my close friends that knew him have stopped drinking and things of that sort because the cons out weigh the pros ten fold. It just sucks that it takes someone dying for some people to change, myself and my close friend have never been hard into anything, just a few beers here and there, but a lot of people I know need to change their ways or else they will be the next statistic. Ecstasy is big in some crowds, coke is big in some, and pills are big in others, it just depends on what group and where the location is. In general drugs aren't worth the time or risk involved.

BALLYJUNKIE
08-19-2007, 07:56 PM
NOBODY SAYS " I WANT TO BE A JUNKIE ,WHEN I GROW UP " !!!

Nitro Express
08-19-2007, 09:55 PM
One thing that kept me away from hard drugs is I knew the scum of the earth ran the black market that sold them. I didn't want to give them my business and secondly, I saw what they did to people. If you died early on you suffered less.

You mentioned Marajuana not being a big deal. Here's the problem with pot. It's illegal in the US. That means the scum of the earth take over the trade. Scum that want you to be an addicted customer. Don't tell me they don't lace the pot with stronger drugs to keep you comming back. It's a money thing.

If we made pot legal and regulated it there would be good quality safe pot available to smoke at lower prices.

We tried making alcohol illegal and that was a dissaster creating huge gang wars and putting rich mobsters in control.

Maybe if people could get their pot fix legally they wouldn't be introduced to the harder stuff.

svrwthr
08-20-2007, 02:22 AM
$100.00 for an 8-ball in 83 and we cut it with not meth but baking soda. The hopped up fucks didn't know what pure coke was. They already thought they were getting that. Easily sell 2-3 lines wrapped in nice square paper at $10 a line and easily make back that hundred without denting that 8-ball. Baking soda a whole lot cheaper than adding additional drugs like meth and teenagers didn't and still don't know the difference. Watch your kids mom. look for small squares of paper thrown away. As a father and a clean ex-user for 16 years, I keep my eyes open. Daughter is 12 and already telling me who the kids are selling pot and I will be hunting them down this up coming school year. That is the age I started on pot btw.

Nitro Express
08-20-2007, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by svrwthr
$100.00 for an 8-ball in 83 and we cut it with not meth but baking soda. The hopped up fucks didn't know what pure coke was. They already thought they were getting that. Easily sell 2-3 lines wrapped in nice square paper at $10 a line and easily make back that hundred without denting that 8-ball. Baking soda a whole lot cheaper than adding additional drugs like meth and teenagers didn't and still don't know the difference. Watch your kids mom. look for small squares of paper thrown away. As a father and a clean ex-user for 16 years, I keep my eyes open. Daughter is 12 and already telling me who the kids are selling pot and I will be hunting them down this up coming school year. That is the age I started on pot btw.

Shit. Mix a few cents of coke or meth into some baking soda and you can sell Arm and Hammer for a fortune! No wonder Scarface lived so well in that movie!

Nitro Express
08-20-2007, 05:44 PM
The thing about those kids selling pot. They have their supplier and there's always something else the industry wants you kid to be hopped up on.

I don't by my liquor from some moonshiner that has dead rats and rat shit in the mash and the still has lead solder joints in it. Nope, I would rather buy from a reputable supplier and pay my taxes.

Why not do it for pot? Heck, sell cheeba at the liquor store. LOL! Tax it and use the proceeds to run rehab centers for the addicts. People are going to smoke it.

binnie
08-21-2007, 10:48 AM
Nitro, I've taken the same approach. I've told my boy that he should do NOTHING in life without understanding the cause and effect. I told him that if I find out that he's tried anything before he moves out of this house, we (meaning he and I) shall be visiting the local AA or Al-non chapter just to sit in on meetings.

It's just education. Ya know?

That's a really good approach. I especially like you focus on AA.

I think we need to remember that although it's legal, alcohol can fuck you up beyond belief. The advertising around it today hides that fact - the physical and mental effects of alcoholism aren't stressed enough.

rocknrolldork
08-21-2007, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by binnie
That's a really good approach. I especially like you focus on AA.

I think we need to remember that although it's legal, alcohol can fuck you up beyond belief. The advertising around it today hides that fact - the physical and mental effects of alcoholism aren't stressed enough.

Alcohol fucked up my favorite band for 22 years.

Ellyllions
08-21-2007, 05:12 PM
I feel that alcohol is the real gateway drug.

When you talk to an addict (of anything) most of them start the addiction conversation with "I started drinking when I was XX years old", don't they?

I guess because drinking is eventually legal for us, it is the easiest place to start.

Angel
08-21-2007, 06:31 PM
I think cigarettes are the first gateway, then alcohol.

I did my first hit of acid before I smoked pot, but I'd already been drinking for awhile.

Alcohol destroyed my marriage, and I've seen too many lives that it has ruined. I hate the shit, so does my son.

My mother is 72 years old today and she's the first one to say that they fucked up and that alcohol should be illegal, and weed should be legal. She won't stand having my brother around if he's drinking, but she has no problem watching me head outside to smoke a joint with her grandson (my son, who is 23 before you freak)

I'm amazed, Elly that you weren't more aware...

Ellyllions
08-21-2007, 06:37 PM
I just didn't expect it to be Cocaine that is so prevalent.

Cocaine is expensive and considered a "designer drug".
I'm getting more aware from this thread though.

Redballjets88
08-21-2007, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Angel

I did my first hit of acid before I smoked pot, but I'd already been drinking for awhile.

Alcohol destroyed my marriage, and I've seen too many lives that it has ruined. I hate the shit, so does my son.

My mother is 72 years old today and she's the first one to say that they fucked up and that alcohol should be illegal, and weed should be legal. She won't stand having my brother around if he's drinking, but she has no problem watching me head outside to smoke a joint with her grandson (my son, who is 23 before you freak)

I don't see how you can condone your son using a mind altering substance that isn't good for him in general.

Ellyllions
08-21-2007, 06:44 PM
One joint has the toxins and tar of 3 cigarettes.

katie
08-21-2007, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Angel

Alcohol destroyed my marriage, and I've seen too many lives that it
has ruined. I hate the shit, so does my son.

Welcome to Angel's world

http://www.garysweetman.com/web%20images/FASH-Trailer%20trash.jpg

binnie
08-22-2007, 03:19 AM
I feel that alcohol is the real gateway drug.

When you talk to an addict (of anything) most of them start the addiction conversation with "I started drinking when I was XX years old", don't they?

I guess because drinking is eventually legal for us, it is the easiest place to start.

From the people I've known who've become addicts, it was never the booze that really hooked them. Over here (where the legal age of drinking is 18) I'd say that regualr drinking is a part of most teens from the ages of 15-16: I remember at my school we used to go out to bars several nights a week and just get hammered, but no-one became an addict.

Those people I've known who did get hooked started on pot, I mean heavy use of pot. It wasn't that they NEEDED something harder, it was that the dealers they hung around with offered them something harder, and once you are already under the influence of one drug, you are more likely to try another. For some people, that's when the downward spiral begins. What I'm trying to say is, becoming addicted was a product of their environment, and the company they kept rather than their first experience of a given drug.

Having said that in my late teens/early 20s I tried a lot of drugs (never heroin, crack or meth), but only ever recreationally. It was only ever an "added extra" to a night, rather than an end in itself, and I could never have imagined taking drugs during my college/work day just as I could never imagine drinking during thoses times either.

And let me assure anyone who has never taken cocaine: it's overrated. In fact, I found that most drugs are. But that's just my opinion, and it's probably because I need to be in control all of the time.

Haven't taken an illegal drug for four years. And, with the odd exception, I've pretty much quit drinking for two years as well. Like I said, I need to be in control and I'd rather spend my money on other things.

BALLYJUNKIE
08-22-2007, 04:45 AM
ALCOHOL AND DRUGS ARE OVERATED ...... ITS NOT BETTER THAN PUSSY !!! AND THATS A FACT !!!!

Nitro Express
08-23-2007, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by BALLYJUNKIE
ALCOHOL AND DRUGS ARE OVERATED ...... ITS NOT BETTER THAN PUSSY !!! AND THATS A FACT !!!!

All drugs have a downside. I built up such a tollerance for alcohol that to get fun blotto drunk meant getting real close to puke and miseryville. I actually stopped drinking for awhile and drink far less now than in my younger years.

Sex is GREAT! Unless you catch a disease or get some chick pregnant, SEX is where it's at!

Nitro Express
08-23-2007, 07:56 AM
The band I'm in now our new guitar player is a recovering drug addict and he basically begged us busy guys to start a band because he needed new friends to hang with. He's smart enough to know, his old friends will bring the old habbits back.

One guy that dropped out of medical school because of a cocain habbit told me you can always get sober but he blew his ticket to be a doctor. The money went up his nose and where he got hooked on coke was in medical school. I know a teacher that lost their pension because they got busted for selling cocaine and did time in prison for it.

Sure you can get sober but that doesn't get your pension and medical school opportunities back. I see so many kids now experimenting with that crap and sure, you can change but are you and what is it permanently going to cost you? Not worth it.