PDA

View Full Version : "Bobby Brady" blasts idiot Utah mine owner (among others)

FORD
08-16-2007, 10:45 PM
Here's a story....of a man named Brady... who was fed up with a fat pig in his state......

People like him
Public Forum Letter
Article Last Updated: 08/15/2007 07:54:29 PM MDT

In the wake of Crandall Canyon Mine co-owner Robert Murray's media appearances at the mine, I'd like to point out that there is a word for people like him.
People who think that possession of wealth makes what they say true and what they do right. People who believe corporations, if they kill, maim and poison, should do so with impunity because they make a profit. People who would gladly trade a habitable planet for more money. People who panic at the thought that a dollar might be spent for the common good, but don't mind funding perpetual war on credit. People who petulantly spread blame while deflecting any accountability for their own actions.
Yes, there is a word for people like him. They're called Republicans.

Mike Lookinland
Salt Lake City

Amen Mike!

Link (http://www.sltrib.com/opinion/ci_6633359)

TongueNGroove
08-17-2007, 01:44 AM
Huh? Is it bad to own a mine now too? You people blow my mind.

thome
08-17-2007, 02:09 AM
I hope he also has some wonderfull things to say about the,

three miners -Killed- and six injured while attenpting rescue.just now.

Lets wait and see if he really has some balls or if he just hates republicans because shurely he must also hate people who try to help people who work for the people he hates.

Maybe he can get his kids to hold up some FAGS HATE MINERS I AM GOD signs at the funerals.

bueno bob
08-17-2007, 02:11 AM
He's been cited for thousands of safety violations; fined into the millions; said they were "trivial" items when asked. Donated over $150,000 to Republican causes, such as Bush's re-election campaign, which of course helped result in George Bush's wartime presidency.

Let's see...he lobbied against emergency tracking devices, which would have been a pretty big help in light of current events, no? Would have cost MONEY though, so that comes as no surprise. Doesn't seem to think that global warming is actually occuring, regardless of what proven science states the contrary. Ridiculously called Al Gore more dangerous than global warming in fact, which is prime stupidity at it's finest. Didn't want to honor pension obligations for his miners back in the mid '90s, because (all together now) "it would have cost money", which led to wage freezes for the local miners in addition to being frozen out of early bidding for positions with him...

It's not bad to own a mine, but it is bad to put profits ahead of people's safety, and politics aside, Robert Murray is all about that. Rich, powerful, and careless of those who depend on him for their living - and being able to remain safe while they're earning it.

Of course, he's pretty much par for the course with the wealthy and elite in this country.

Nitro Express
08-17-2007, 02:31 AM
That being said mining is and will always be a dangerouse business. My dad's side of the family were miners in Northern Idaho and Montana.

bueno bob
08-17-2007, 02:38 AM
It is, but in this day and age, there've been numerous advances towards keeping employees at least a bit more safe. My Grandfather did it for years in West Virginia, developed black lung and the whole spiel...

Quite a lot's changed since those days, and there's no acceptable reason to cut corners due to cost concerns where people's lives are concerned.

WACF
08-17-2007, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
That being said mining is and will always be a dangerouse business. My dad's side of the family were miners in Northern Idaho and Montana.

As a miner I can tell you that it does not have to be.

Nitro Express
08-17-2007, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by WACF
As a miner I can tell you that it does not have to be.

What do you mine? Pussy?

WACF
08-17-2007, 04:02 AM
Potash.

Since getting married the pussy mining seems to have dropped off a bit.

Nitro Express
08-17-2007, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by WACF
Potash.

Since getting married the pussy mining seems to have dropped off a bit.

That's called safe mining. LOL!

Like hardrock mining, it's safer to stick in a hole you know, and keep the drill bit wet, but it still doesn't do anything about all the noise. LOL! Like mine noise, wives are a great reason to wear earplugs!

Nitro Express
08-17-2007, 05:34 AM
I mine potash when I dig it out of my bong.

jcook11
08-17-2007, 02:29 PM
Both of my grand father's and countless other relatives have died from "BLAC LUNG" from breathing coal dust for years and years. My father was an electrician at Wolf Creek Colleries until 1979 when he decided that his kids were gonna have a better life and moved us to So-Cal. Mining in the best of conditions is dangerous to say the least.

Robert Murray comes of to me as a big fat blow hard who can't get enough face time. Thoughts and prayers are with the miners and their families.