PDA

View Full Version : YouTube to run ads in your videos

CVH Rulz
08-22-2007, 10:17 PM
YouTube to Show Ads in Content
August 22, 2007
By Andrew Salomon

In a significant-but-unsurprising departure from its grass-roots origins, YouTube will begin showing advertisements within some of its user-generated video clips, officials announced Tuesday.

The ads would start 15 seconds after a clip begins and run as a semi-transparent overlay on the bottom fifth of the video screen. The ads would run for at least 10 seconds, and users can click through to see more about the product.

YouTube, one of the most popular websites in the United States, was purchased by Google in October 2006 for $1.65 billion. The search-engine and online advertising giant has been trying to figure out ways to make money from its property without angering the site's millions of users, a significant number of whom are advertising-averse.
Shashi Seth, YouTube's group product manager, told Online Media Daily that the site has been testing a number of ad models with marketers and users. "For the past three months, we've run millions of impressions to see how users react to the different models, and we've taken away the models that don't work," Seth told the news site. "For example, we know that users don't want to be interrupted at the start of a video, which is why the overlay doesn't start until 15 seconds in."
Seth said about 20 advertisers are running InVideo Ads, including New Line Cinema and BMW; the model will be available to a wider base of brands in the weeks and months ahead.

Make adjustments to your vids with blank screen, title pages, etc, if you don't want a stupid ad over it!!!

DLR2007
08-22-2007, 10:31 PM
Well that sucks. If you download a video off of youtube will you get stuck with the stupid little add on the file? and how do they choose which videos get ads cause it says the ads will be in "some" videos.

Hardrock69
08-22-2007, 11:29 PM
This sucks ass.

But then, it will drive business to the competition....other sites that host videos.

Ya know, even though it is not a unique idea, there is obviously much room for that sort of thing.

Anyone got the funds and know-how to start a video hosting site?

FORD
08-22-2007, 11:52 PM
I guess I won't bother setting up a new account at YouTube then. It's bad enough the CORPROATIST NAZI PIGS get to censor the content of my videos. I'll be damned to Hell before they put ads on them.

What's next??? Is fucking Google going to figure out how to force you to listen to ads on your telephone through their latest acquisition, "Grand Central"??

Shit.... I probably shouldn't give them any ideas.

Hardrock69
08-23-2007, 09:27 AM
I found another site called Megavideo that has something posted on their website: 10 Reasons Why You Should Not Use YouTube.

I did not bother to check and see if the advertising was one of them.

thome
08-28-2007, 01:03 PM
Welp I still wish I had thought of it' but YouTube is done. It's all over septin' the cryin'

Not only are they going to ruin your vids w/ ads, but they also are popping up PopUps on your search pages.

I haven't logged on in days and as soon as I seached for a vid the
page I landed on had a popup for a resturaunt in KC.

One of those click here for exciting lunch ideas ooooh yippie!!! .

I guess like normal.. my IP was connected to the KC lunch menu resturaunt advertisement doohicky and away it popped.

First they delete some skanky mommie ass shaker teachers all but finger banging herself on stage HFT vid and now this.

C'MON she was all over that stage with her ass twichin for the crowd higher than a cats ass in tall cotton.

Youtube freedom gone.$$$$$$

Can't blame em?$$$$:eek: