PDA

View Full Version : No one does it like Springsteen!

romeodelight
05-10-2004, 04:35 PM
I have to be one of the biggest if not the biggest young fan of springsteen. I mean i know more about this guy then he probably knows about himself lol he's been my idol since i was like 3 and my dad bought me BORN IN THE USA on cassette and he played "I'm On Fire" as i fell asleep. I just wanted to start a thread on springsteen and see everyones reaction. Because I think he is rock n' rolls one true rocker, theres nothing really fake about this guy, he never pretended to be something he was not. His marathon concets exceeding 3 hours in length with no intermission, his excellent critiquing of a corrupt nation and just his overall energy. No one can deny that Bruce Springsteen is definitely one of the greatest rock n' rollers of all time. I have every album and love them all, from the E street band stuff to the live stuff and to the solo stuff. His songs actually have meaning and not only that they rock too. Great summer backyard bbq music. His music helped me through alot of dark times and just great music to listen to. I just want to know how all you guys came to know Bruce Springsteen or some of you real hardcore fans first started to like him and how many concerts you've seen etc. I myself got into Springsteen through my father and being only 17 now i've seen only 2 concerts, but hoping he does tour yet again... so please do reply on this subject...

FORD
05-11-2004, 12:54 AM
Glad to hear someone in the younger generation appreciates REAL music.

Here's a few websites that will help you expand your Springsteen collection...

http://jungleland2.no-ip.org:6969/

(this is exclusively a Bruce site)

http://www.sharingthegroove.org

http://bt.easytree.org/

(these get Bruce shows now and then, plus a great variety of other bands.

These are Bit Torrent sites so if you don't have a Bit Torrent client already, here's another link.

http://bittornado.com/

Add a CD burner and a spindle or several of blanks and you'll have a major Springsteen collection soon :cool:

ELVIS
05-11-2004, 01:40 AM
Totally GAY!

Panamark
05-11-2004, 07:53 AM
LOL.

Bruce peaked with Born to Run.

High Life Man
05-11-2004, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by romeodelight
his excellent critiquing of a corrupt nation

Interested up to this point.

But you're Canadian, so I'll cut you some slack.

tobinentinc
05-11-2004, 08:47 PM
his excellent critiquing of a corrupt nation
That is just his biased left wing opinion my friend. Though u may be Canadian and 17, i am American and 17 and realize that Mr. Springsteen is one of the biggest liberal musicians out there. The guy hated Reagan for god's sake. Anyway, I like his music, saw him live have a few of the albums, I would say I'm a fan. His MUSIC is fine by me not his politics.

cwsmith17
05-13-2004, 10:46 PM
I have to be one of the biggest if not the biggest young fan of springsteen. I mean i know more about this guy then he probably knows about himself lol he's been my idol since i was like 3 and my dad bought me BORN IN THE USA on cassette and he played "I'm On Fire" as i fell asleep. I just wanted to start a thread on springsteen and see everyones reaction. Because I think he is rock n' rolls one true rocker, theres nothing really fake about this guy, he never pretended to be something he was not. His marathon concets exceeding 3 hours in length with no intermission, his excellent critiquing of a corrupt nation and just his overall energy. No one can deny that Bruce Springsteen is definitely one of the greatest rock n' rollers of all time. I have every album and love them all, from the E street band stuff to the live stuff and to the solo stuff. His songs actually have meaning and not only that they rock too. Great summer backyard bbq music. His music helped me through alot of dark times and just great music to listen to. I just want to know how all you guys came to know Bruce Springsteen or some of you real hardcore fans first started to like him and how many concerts you've seen etc. I myself got into Springsteen through my father and being only 17 now i've seen only 2 concerts, but hoping he does tour yet again... so please do reply on this subject...

His stuff sounds the same. I can only take a little at a time.

tydhurst
05-25-2004, 09:04 AM
My sister's boyfriend looks EXACTLY LIKE BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN. We put "Born in the USA" on when he comes over! He loves it!

alexpgrimes
05-25-2004, 01:19 PM
I hate that fucker worse that Spammy. He's soooo overrated.

gslinger
05-25-2004, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Panamark
LOL.

Bruce peaked with Born to Run.

Someone forgot to tell the Boss's fans that. I have never liked the guy either, but his Tour last year was the second largest gross in history at $1/4 billion.

BrownSound1
05-26-2004, 11:35 AM
The best thing to come from Bruce Springsteen was Steven Van Zant. Why you may ask? Because he's Silvio on the Soprano's. :D

classicdude
05-26-2004, 08:27 PM
Caught his tour last year, and I'll say he does put a lot of emotion into his show.

IMO, you have to separate the musician from their political b.s. I enjoy listening to classic Boston songs, but their a bunch of PETA turtle-hugging freaks. I mean, they have a picture of a freaking chicken on PETA's homepage for crissakes!!

If man wasn't meant to eat animals, they wouldn't be so god damned tasty. My $0.02....

FORD
05-27-2004, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by tobinentinc
That is just his biased left wing opinion my friend. Though u may be Canadian and 17, i am American and 17 and realize that Mr. Springsteen is one of the biggest liberal musicians out there. The guy hated Reagan for god's sake.

Those of us who actually LIVED through the Reagan administration and know first hand the damage the fucking bastard did to this country have every right to hate him. Those whose only knowledge of the matter comes from FAUX News probably shouldn't comment.

Mezro
05-27-2004, 06:11 PM
The E-Street Band is living proof that Affirmative Action works.

Mezro...not a Bruce fan but i respect his work ethic

Bob_R
05-27-2004, 09:26 PM
Springsteen rocks!!

Dave's PA Rental
05-27-2004, 10:12 PM
Early Bruce is the best! Those 'Nebraska Sessions' on STG a few weeks ago was incredible...

FORD
05-28-2004, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by Daves PA rental
Early Bruce is the best! Those 'Nebraska Sessions' on STG a few weeks ago was incredible...

Oh Hell yeah! So was that Cleveland show from 78. I taped that one off the radio back in Junior High or something, lost the tape years ago, and hadn't heard it since, so it was great to find it again over 20 years later.

lucky wilbury
05-28-2004, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by FORD
Those of us who actually LIVED through the Reagan administration and know first hand the damage the fucking bastard did to this country have every right to hate him. Those whose only knowledge of the matter comes from FAUX News probably shouldn't comment.

only you would say that ford. Inflation declined 48%, from 8.9 to 4.6%. Unemployment declined 45%, from 7.5 to 5.2.%. Interest rates declined 71.9%, from 21 to 5.9%. Twenty-one million new jobs were created. ended the cold war etc etc etc.

http://www.enterstageright.com/archive/articles/0800record.htm

Unfortunately, like so much of the Clinton-Gore legacy, it just ain't so. Ronald Reagan presided over what was at the time the longest continuous peacetime economic expansion, during which GDP increased by the size of West Germany, real per capita incomes grew by one-fifth, the rate of manufacturing productivity growth tripled, exports doubled, unemployment and inflation were halved, and Americans enjoyed 21 million net new jobs and 4.5 million new businesses. The record Clinton and Gore today vilify sounds very much like the one they are trying to run on, except Reagan's numbers are all the more impressive because of the Carter malaise he had to build on and the smaller national population.

Indeed, between 1983 and 1989 the economy grew by 4 percent annually. It grew by 2.6 percent annually during most of Clinton's term. In order for this period of growth to be the longest economic expansion in history, Clinton and Gore must concede that it began 21 months before they took office, under the presidency of George Herbert Walker Bush. Otherwise, Reagan's record for the longest peacetime expansion still stands.

--------------

now if a dem did any of that you put them on mount rushmore

FORD
05-28-2004, 01:53 AM
Don't ruin a perfectly good Springsteen thread with right wing propaganda :mad:

lucky wilbury
05-28-2004, 01:58 AM
what don't like facts?

gslinger
05-28-2004, 05:38 AM
Boss

gslinger