PDA

View Full Version : Owen Wilson suicide attempt?

fryingdutchman
08-27-2007, 01:15 PM
Owen Wilson Hospitalized
Mon Aug 27, 6:53 AM

http://www.allpicturesandphotos.com/thumbs/owen-wilson/owen-wilson-003.jpg

It was no laughing matter for Owen Wilson over the weekend.

The big-screen funnyman was hospitalized just after noon on Sunday, according to media reports, after Santa Monica police officers responded to a medical aid call at the actor's home. The reason for and severity of his hospitalization has not been disclosed.

While the actor's reps have yet to comment on the incident, TMZ and local Los Angeles news station KCAL-9 are both reporting that the Royal Tenenbaums star was indeed taken to a nearby hospital.

The 38-year-old blond thesp's brothers, Luke and Andrew Wilson, along with his parents, were all spotted at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center later Sunday night.

Kate Hudson Ex-ed Out
Owen Wilson's Steely Response
You, Me, Dupree & Steely Dan's Wrath
E! Online The Santa Monica Police Department, meanwhile, have also refused to confirm the identity of the patient they transferred from the Santa Monica home they responded to, instead issuing a statement claiming that Santa Monica Fire Department paramedics answered a "medical aid call" at 12:10 p.m. Sunday and that "a person was transported to a local hospital where they are being treated."

The actual 911 call of the incident has not been released.

While the address of the home has also not been confirmed, People reported that the home paramedics responded to is indeed owned by Wilson.

Star and the National Enquirer, meanwhile, have gone even further. While Wilson's reps have so far opted not to comment on the media speculation—failing to confirm whether the actor was even home at the time of the call, let alone been hospitalized—the tabloids are claiming that Wilson was admitted to St. John's hospital Sunday afternoon after attempting suicide.

Both magazines claim Wilson was found at his Santa Monica abode by an unidentified family member after cutting his left wrist and taking an "indeterminate amount" of unspecified pills. The publications also jointly report that Wilson was transferred from St. John's to another hospital later in the day after being stablized and that he will be undergoing a detox program.

Wilson's reps have not commented on any aspect of the tabloids' report, though a publicist for Cedars-Sinai confirmed to Extra that Wilson was brought in late Sunday and is currently in "good condition. " The hospital has not released any information on what the actor is being treated for.

Wilson is next due to hit the big screen in The Darjeeling Limited, directed by frequent collaborator Wes Anderson. The flick is due to premiere at the Venice Film Festival next month, where it will screen in competition. According to IMDb.com, Wilson is also currently in the midst of shooting Tropic Thunder, a comedy directed by frequent costar and pal Ben Stiller.

BITEYOASS
08-27-2007, 07:00 PM
WTF, he's the one I'd least expect to be suicidal.

Antman
08-27-2007, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by BITEYOASS
WTF, he's the one I'd least expect to be suicidal.

You just never know.

VanHalener
08-27-2007, 09:56 PM
That sucks! It's all about that nose, isn't it?

BITEYOASS
08-27-2007, 10:08 PM
Maybe he should stop dating actresses, those type of relationships will ruin your life.

Matt White
08-27-2007, 10:15 PM
It's the "CURSE OF THE BLACK CROWES".....

serves him right...........

Rat Salade
08-28-2007, 12:22 AM
i'd try to kill myself too with a schnoz like that.

bueno bob
08-28-2007, 12:27 AM
Which is worse, though, his busted nose or his worthless acting "skill"?

Dan
08-28-2007, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Which is worse, though, his busted nose or his worthless acting "skill"?

Both.:)

Rat Salade
08-28-2007, 12:57 AM
haha i don't know - you can kind cover up shitty acting to a degree. there's not enough concealer on the planet to hide that fucking thing.

jharp84
08-28-2007, 12:59 AM
Why is this even being discussed here? Frying would CRUCIFY the motherfucker who started this thread!! Oh! My bad!! It was Frying!! Just getting up having the morning coffee, preparing for the fuckin war that happened tonight!!!

jharp84
08-28-2007, 01:01 AM
If the fuck wants to die - so be it!! Leave him alone in his misery!! That is all I ask in whatever yrs. I have left! To the Human race(not the animals on the highway!) Let me die in PEACE GODDAMN!!

PlexiBrown
08-28-2007, 01:24 AM
Star and the National Enquirer, meanwhile, have gone even further.

What else is new? :rolleyes:

binnie
08-28-2007, 03:01 AM
Money, fame, chicks and making people laugh obviously not enough huh?

I can't understand what would drive anyone to that...

Little Texan
08-28-2007, 04:47 AM
Originally posted by binnie
Money, fame, chicks and making people laugh obviously not enough huh?

I can't understand what would drive anyone to that...

Yeah, life is just so very miserable for him! He has a ton of money, a nice house(s), nice cars, eats the finest food, and dates fine ass Hollywood actresses despite having a dick for a nose! Life has been so unbearable for him the past few years! :rolleyes: While the rest of us (well, maybe not all of us) work our asses off for a living and scrape by, paycheck to paycheck, struggle to pay the bills, drive clunkers, and can only dream of being as rich and famous, and banging the kind of quality tail dicknose gets!

fryingdutchman
08-28-2007, 04:52 AM
Originally posted by jharp84
Why is this even being discussed here? Frying would CRUCIFY the motherfucker who started this thread!! Oh! My bad!! It was Frying!! Just getting up having the morning coffee, preparing for the fuckin war that happened tonight!!!

Say what?:confused:

CVH Rulz
08-28-2007, 08:16 AM
Money can't buy happiness!

Yes, yes, I know Dave's response to this. Go ahead!

Diamondjimi
08-28-2007, 08:48 AM
Terrible actor.

Could'nt care less..........:rolleyes:

binnie
08-28-2007, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by CVH Rulz

Nope, but it can buy pleasure :D

Seriously though, if you're not happy inside then money isn't going to change that: it might make misery more bearable, offer more distractions and so on, but eventually you're going to run into trouble.

Money can offer security, and option to change any situation you find yourself in.

But it's not the be all and end all.......

VanHalener
08-28-2007, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by diamondjimi
Terrible actor.

Could'nt care less..........:rolleyes:

It's going to be alright Owen. Take a deep breath and go bowling.

Then go see these guys.
They treat everybody like a celebrity
http://www.rodeodriveplasticsurgery.com/index.html

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Fw99j6v1n3g"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Fw99j6v1n3g" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Anne Ramsey, featured above, died 9 years ago this month. On the 11th, to be exact.
:cato2: :daisy: :cato2:

She died of throat cancer, OWEN. At least she fought it out till the end, you pussy. Suck it up OWEN!

knuckleboner
08-28-2007, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Little Texan
Yeah, life is just so very miserable for him! He has a ton of money, a nice house(s), nice cars, eats the finest food, and dates fine ass Hollywood actresses despite having a dick for a nose! Life has been so unbearable for him the past few years! :rolleyes: While the rest of us (well, maybe not all of us) work our asses off for a living and scrape by, paycheck to paycheck, struggle to pay the bills, drive clunkers, and can only dream of being as rich and famous, and banging the kind of quality tail dicknose gets!

clinical depression (IF it was clinical depression) is tough. just because somebody's successful doesn't mean their brain chemistry can't be messed up.

Redballjets88
08-28-2007, 10:51 AM
a lot of you guys are fucks around here and I don't know why. Just because you dont like his acting he deserves death? Even if you're kidding it isn't a laughing matter, thats and actual person, and from all acounts a good person at that.

BITEYOASS
08-28-2007, 10:56 AM
Maybe Kate Hudson stole his =VH= backstage passes for the concert at the Staples Center. Who the fuck knows!

TAKIN WHISKEY
08-28-2007, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Matt White

If you fuck around with the Cosmos, the Cosmos will fuck with you. Chris, probably couldn't say it better himself.

Diamondjimi
08-28-2007, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Redballjets88
a lot of you guys are fucks around here and I don't know why. Just because you dont like his acting he deserves death?

Seems I missed the post that says he deserves death . Care to point it out? :rolleyes:

Even if you're kidding it isn't a laughing matter, thats and actual person, and from all acounts a good person at that.

Maybe so. I just don't give a fuck . I stand by my statement.

He's a terrible actor who isn't fit to eat the gum from Robert DeNiro's boot.

The hack has enough cash to sort his head out.

BTW..... Don't forget to mention The Army in your get well card !;)

Terry
08-29-2007, 08:48 PM
Just odd.

Dude has no discernable talent, yet smart enough to eke out a career in Hollywood (where talent isn't a necessary prerequisite for making millions), gets to schtup babes...agreed, guess one never knows.

CVH Rulz
08-29-2007, 09:10 PM
Sounds like it was partly the breakup with Kate and the fact she is now openly dating one of his good friends. Nice. :rolleyes:

But mostly it is because of the heroin addiction he can't kick. Apparently why Kate ended it.

I don't know that kind of addiction, but I would imagine it feels pretty hopeless at times. Probably feels he'll never keep a relationship because of it. But that should be the least of his worries.

BITEYOASS
08-29-2007, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Matt White

Or maybe Chris Robinson called and threatened to bust Owen's nose again. After which, Owen got into a Deppressive fit.

binnie
08-30-2007, 03:29 AM
No talent?

Ok he's not a great actor by any stretch of the imagination, and I doubt very much that he's ever claimed to be.

But IMO he's a pretty decent comedy actor, I think he delivers some of his lines with real subtlety, in an understated way, especially in Meet the Parents.

If he has "no talent" does that mean that Ben Stiller, Will Ferrel and Vince Vaughan are also talentless?

Any thoughts?

Panamark
08-30-2007, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by CVH Rulz

Yes, yes, I know Dave's response to this. Go ahead!

But it can buy you a big yacht to pull up right alongside it !!

Panamark
08-30-2007, 03:39 AM
Turns out Owen fancies the drugs !
Even his ex-Aussie girlfriend has spilled the beans..

Coke and Heroin ??

WTF ??

Every interview on TV that I've ever seen that dude,
he seemed totally grounded and "with it"

If he is the big druggie that we are now being told,
he has done a great job of concealing it all
this time..

Panamark
08-30-2007, 03:57 AM
Man, now Im thinkin Wilson and Stiller are total Coke heads !

Just look at that scene from Starsky and Hutch..
I bet that didnt require any method acting at all !!

Hyman Roth
08-30-2007, 06:07 AM
No talent?

Ok he's not a great actor by any stretch of the imagination, and I doubt very much that he's ever claimed to be.

But IMO he's a pretty decent comedy actor, I think he delivers some of his lines with real subtlety, in an understated way, especially in Meet the Parents.

If he has "no talent" does that mean that Ben Stiller, Will Ferrel and Vince Vaughan are also talentless?

Any thoughts?

Yes.

binnie
08-30-2007, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by Hyman Roth
Yes.

Ok, why don't you tell us how you really feel...lol :D

Baby's On Fire
08-30-2007, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Redballjets88
a lot of you guys are fucks around here and I don't know why. Just because you dont like his acting he deserves death? Even if you're kidding it isn't a laughing matter, thats and actual person, and from all acounts a good person at that.

This is the first time I have seen you talk some sense. Keep up the good work.

Baby's On Fire
08-30-2007, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Panamark
Man, now Im thinkin Wilson and Stiller are total Coke heads !

Just look at that scene from Starsky and Hutch..
I bet that didnt require any method acting at all !!

LMAO!

None of their scenes really require acting. Just act dumb. Or be dumb if that's what you already are. (Thome would be a stellar actor!)

Granted, Ben Stiller is fokking funny.

Hyman Roth
08-31-2007, 07:42 AM
I find Ben Stiller to be painfully unfunny - but he was excellent in the drama called Permanent Midnight.

Shaun Ponsonby
08-31-2007, 11:01 AM
Apparently Courtney Love's going round saying it's Steve Coogan's fault. Can't see how...

BITEYOASS
08-31-2007, 11:08 AM
Note to myself when going to Hollywood: AVOID THAT CUNT BITCH COURTNEY LOVE LIKE EBOLA!

Rat Salade
08-31-2007, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by BITEYOASS
Note to myself when going to Hollywood: AVOID THAT CUNT BITCH COURTNEY LOVE LIKE EBOLA!

courtney love has ebola, and is the carrier of all known sexually transmitted diseases and was the progenitor of encaphalitis.

Terry
08-31-2007, 10:08 PM
No talent?

Any thoughts?

Ben Stiller and Vince Vaughan havea degree of talent, even though they have chosen the safe route over the last several years.

Will Ferrell I just never seemed to find as funny as some. His manner seems to suggest to me that, much like, say, Jimmy Fallon, Ferrell THINKS he's hysterical. Not completely unfunny, but I wouldn't put him in my top 50 of all-time hilarious comic actors.

diamondsgirl
09-01-2007, 08:33 AM
Owens a CVH fan :cool:

Love his shirt on this Blender mag cover

http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowlny/original/blender_owen_wilson.jpg

Anyone think he would make a good Roth in a movie?

MAX
09-02-2007, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by diamondsgirl

No.

Terry
09-02-2007, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by diamondsgirl
Owens a CVH fan :cool:

Love his shirt on this Blender mag cover

http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowlny/original/blender_owen_wilson.jpg

Loveya, dg, but:rolleyes:

jharp84
09-04-2007, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Terry

Will Ferrell I just never seemed to find as funny as some. His manner seems to suggest to me that, much like, say, Jimmy Fallon, Ferrell THINKS he's hysterical. Not completely unfunny, but I wouldn't put him in my top 50 of all-time hilarious comic actors. [/B]

jharp84
09-04-2007, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Terry
[
Will Ferrell I just never seemed to find as funny as some. His manner seems to suggest to me that, much like, say, Jimmy Fallon, Ferrell THINKS he's hysterical. Not completely unfunny, but I wouldn't put him in my top 50 of all-time hilarious comic actors. [/B]

I never got the "Ferrell" thing either!! Today's stuff just doesn't compare to the late 1970's-early 1980's!!

chi-town324
09-04-2007, 08:48 PM
SNL cast of the late 70's early 80's...classic