View Full Version : Market Crash Forecast Suggests New "9/11"

FORD
08-27-2007, 01:25 PM
Market Crash Forecast Suggests New 9/11
Mystery trader bets on huge downturn that could only be preceded by catastrophe

Paul Joseph Watson
Prison Planet
Monday, August 27, 2007

A mystery trader risks losing around $1 billion dollars after placing 245,000 put options on the Dow Jones Eurostoxx 50 index, leading many analysts to speculate that a stock market crash preceded by a new 9/11 style catastrophe could take place within the next month.

The anonymous trader only stands to make money if the market crashes by a third to a half before September 21st, which is when the put options expire. A put option is a financial contract between two parties, the buyer and the writer (seller) of the option, in which the buyer stands to benefit only if the price of the asset falls.

"The sales are being referred to by market traders as "bin Laden trades" because only an event on the scale of 9-11 could make these short-sell options valuable," reports financial blogger Marc Parent. Dow Jones Financial News first reported on the story. The trader stands to make around $2 billion from their investment should an event trigger a market crash before the third week in September.

Such a cataclysmic jolt could only happen as a result of two factors, China dumping its vast dollar reserves in reaction to the sub-prime mortgage collapse, which it has threatened to do, or a massive terror attack on the same scale or larger than 9/11.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/images/august2007/270807stock.gif

9/11 itself was foreshadowed by unprecedented put options that were placed on United and American Airlines. Though the Securities and Exchange Commission refused to reveal who placed the options, private researchers traced the investments back to the Deutsche Bank owned Banker’s Trust, which was formerly headed by then Executive Director of the CIA, Buzzy Krongard.

Put options on Morgan Stanley and Merrill Lynch, two of the World Trade Center's most prominent occupants, also spiked in the days before 9/11.

News of the suspicious trades is dovetailed by the comments of Former US Treasury secretary Larry Summers yesterday, who told ABC News that the risk of a recession in the U.S. was greater that at any time since 9/11.

Link (http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/august2007/270807_market_crash.htm)

Hardrock69
08-27-2007, 02:39 PM
Christ.....so someone is going to crash the Dow Jones Eurostoxx 50 index into a tall building?

FORD
08-27-2007, 03:11 PM
Well, the optimist in me wants to believe this is just somebody betting that Rupert Murdoch is going to kill the Dow Jones and the Wall Street Journal.

The pessimist says that tbe BCE is plotting something that will fuck the markets worldwide, and that these particular "investors" are playing the European market because they think it would be easier to get away with, when the shit hits the fan.

Nitro Express
08-27-2007, 09:39 PM
One way to make the North America Union work is to crash the dollar. Now the Bohemians and Bilderbergs are North Americans and Europeans but how much influence do they have over China? China is in a position where nobody tells them what to do, they hold all the cards. I have a hard time believing Bejing listens to the old American/Euro guard much.

Nitro Express
08-27-2007, 09:44 PM
The world markets are complicated and don't behave like markets did in the past. With emerging Asian markets the old guard in Europe and North America don't have the worldwide financial influence they used to.

If it happens. What the fuck. I have solar panels and my own well. I'll shoot a bison or a moose and be in good for the winter.

Blackflag
08-28-2007, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
The world markets are complicated and don't behave like markets did in the past.

Why do you keep saying that, survivalist? There is no support for that statement. They behave just as they have in the past - unless you don't know how that was.

Nitro Express
08-28-2007, 04:16 AM
Originally posted by Blackflag
Why do you keep saying that, survivalist? There is no support for that statement. They behave just as they have in the past - unless you don't know how that was.

Dude I majored in finance so this is my area of expertice. Nowadays trading is done on computers that trade much faster than the old paper system. We trade more in volume and faster. We trade 24/7. In the trading computer programs are automatic circuit breakers to stop trading if there is a run on the market.

Never before in the history of the world have we had so much value being traded and niether have we used defficite spending to the level we have.

It's a fucking complicated international market that no one group controls. It's manipulated all the time. Nobody knows what the market is going to do for sure. It can be manipulated short-term but short term only.

We are in unchartered territory here. Never before in the history of the world have we traded this way. Tell me when it's going to crash. It's all illusion. I guess when the masses finally realize it is and get scared? The problem is people have heard about how broke the country is for their whole lives and things keep getting better.

Hardrock69
08-28-2007, 08:52 AM
THEORIES:

The following theories are being discussed widely within the stock and options markets today regarding the enormous and very unusual activity reported above and two stories below. Those theories are:

1) A massive terrorist attack is going to take place before Sept. 21 to tank the markets, OR;

2) China, reeling over losing $10 Billion in bad loans to the sub-prime mortgage collapse presently taking place, is going to dump US currency and tank all of Capitalism with a Communist financial revolution. Either scenario is bad and the clock is ticking. The drop-dead date of these contracts is September 21. Whatever is going to happen MUST take place between now and then or the folks involved in these contracts will lose over $1 billion for having engaged in this activity.

http://mparent7777-2.blogspot.com/2007/08/45b-bet-on-another-911-within-4-weeks.html

Nickdfresh
08-28-2007, 10:19 AM
I'm not a big fan of alarmist Prison Planet articles...

We'll see...

Ellyllions
08-28-2007, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
THEORIES:

The following theories are being discussed widely within the stock and options markets today regarding the enormous and very unusual activity reported above and two stories below. Those theories are:

2) China, reeling over losing $10 Billion in bad loans to the sub-prime mortgage collapse presently taking place, is going to dump US currency and tank all of Capitalism with a Communist financial revolution. Either scenario is bad and the clock is ticking. The drop-dead date of these contracts is September 21. Whatever is going to happen MUST take place between now and then or the folks involved in these contracts will lose over $1 billion for having engaged in this activity.

http://mparent7777-2.blogspot.com/2007/08/45b-bet-on-another-911-within-4-weeks.html

I've got $5 on option 2.

knuckleboner
08-28-2007, 10:51 AM
i'll take that bet and even offer odds...

the long term financial health of the U.S. economy is definitely in china's best interests.

Redballjets88
08-28-2007, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by FORD
Well, the optimist in me wants to believe this is just somebody betting that Rupert Murdoch is going to kill the Dow Jones and the Wall Street Journal.

The pessimist says that tbe BCE is plotting something that will fuck the markets worldwide, and that these particular "investors" are playing the European market because they think it would be easier to get away with, when the shit hits the fan.

by pessimist do you mean lunatic?

BITEYOASS
08-28-2007, 11:08 AM
Well I wouldn't leave the market permanently, but it's not a good idea to get into it right now. It'll be more stable probably a year from now once the housing market calms down.

Ellyllions
08-28-2007, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by knuckleboner
i'll take that bet and even offer odds...

the long term financial health of the U.S. economy is definitely in china's best interests.

Oh yes, I agree with that.
But, the Chinese culture is such that they don't take embarassment well. They'll more likely take drastic measures out of pride than to sit back and accept their mistakes. The latest round of lead paint, and tainted dog food should tell us that they don't "care" about us. Which also means that they don't really care about our money, because they have been repeating these mistakes.

This passed weekend, I needed some dinner plates. I shopped until I found American made plates because if there was lead paint on toys made in China why wouldn't there be lead paint on dinner plates made in China.

And that got me to thinking....

Now today there's a couple of articles about how economists are worried about this upcoming Christmas shopping season. One article even stated that if a large number of Americans decided to buy American made instead of Chinese made it would be a "catastrophe" for the American economy. Left me scratching my head, but I guarantee that there will be more American made products purchased in this household as well as many more across the country.

Blackflag
08-28-2007, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
expertice . . . defficite

We are in unchartered territory here. Never before in the history of the world have we traded this way. Tell me when it's going to crash. It's all illusion. I guess when the masses finally realize it is and get scared? The problem is people have heard about how broke the country is for their whole lives and things keep getting better.

That doesn't say how anything is different. More money, more players, more trades. So? Are you saying you could predict the market in the past? :rolleyes:

Believe it or not, the market was manipulated more in the past, when it was much smaller, than it is now. You can read that in one of your finance books.

knuckleboner
08-28-2007, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Ellyllions
Oh yes, I agree with that.

so that's a no on the bet?...;)

The latest round of lead paint, and tainted dog food should tell us that they don't "care" about us. Which also means that they don't really care about our money, because they have been repeating these mistakes.

eh...they executed their former food and drug safety agency. because of an intense care for Americans? nah. my guess is to restore a little confidence to their products. which, i'm sure are oftentimes shoddy and secondrate. but the initial reason to make cheap products is usually to maximize profit. (china's not quite so anti-capitalist...)