PDA

View Full Version : Age of the DLR ARMY personell

cadaverdog
08-28-2007, 11:40 AM
Just an observation but I have noticed most of the members of the DLR army that state their age on the profile were pretty young when Dave left VH.
I wonder how many of you actually saw the origanal group live.
I saw them twice ,first at a huge show at the LA coliseum called The world music festival.
They were a fairly new band but they were definatly the most popular band there.
The last was at US 83 .
They kicked ass but the crowd got really pissy about the long wait before they took the stage .
It was extremely hot that day and the crowd was dropping like flies.
If there performance on this tour is even half what I witnessed ,It will please you all.

Nickdfresh
08-28-2007, 12:34 PM
Um dude, wrong forum...

If you have an ax to grind, take it too the Feedback forum located at the bottom of your screen...

cadaverdog
08-28-2007, 04:24 PM
Hey Dude,
I wasn't complaining just making an observation.
I didn't start going to concerts until I was 18.
If my friends had cars they were too big of pieces of shit to go anywhere.
Minumum wage was two bucks an hour when I was 18, and I was lucky to make enough to make four bucks an hour at my first job .
Even then I was driving a hand me down 67 chevy that my dad gave me.
Ilive about a hundred miles from the nearest concert venue and only in the last ten years could you get to L A without greyhound .
The greyhound station in L A still scares me and I am 6"2 and weigh 250 plus.
I just was wondering how many members of the army ever saw CVH
Maybe some went with there parents.
You would never catch my parents listening to rock and roll , my mom thought Don Mc cleen was hard rock.

FORD
08-28-2007, 04:36 PM
Doesn't look like ax grinding to me. But it's defiinitely not tour related either.......

-----> punts to NON --------->

wlowery
08-28-2007, 04:37 PM
I was 15 when they were on their last tour. I tried going to a show but was denied. I cant wait to see them. But you are right. Most of the age groups of the Army didnt know how big the band was at all. I just hope it wasnt like you said waiting and all that!

cadaverdog
08-28-2007, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Doesn't look like ax grinding to me. But it's defiinitely not tour related either.......

-----> punts to NON --------->

You are correct, sir.
If you don't mind I will ask your assistance if I eant to start any new threads ,again.

wlowery
08-28-2007, 04:56 PM
Not a problem my friend. I thought it was a good observation!

cadaverdog
08-28-2007, 05:39 PM
I moved my comments to the proper forum The powers that be can eliminate this thread if nessesary.

GO-SPURS-GO
08-30-2007, 05:13 AM
As God as my witness, I was luckily enough to see them live five times. 1979, 80, 81, 82 and 1984. And I’ve seen Dave on the Eat Em’ and Smile and Skyscraper tours. For the record, I’ve never seen Van Hagar live and I’ve never bought or owned a Van Hagar CD. I’m a true Dave or the grave disciple.

DLRISVH7884
08-30-2007, 06:02 AM
When I was 10, I saw the Video "Jump" on MTV and fell in love with the band since then and became a huge David Lee Roth fan in CH and solo.

I've seen DLR lots of times solo and can't wait to see him back in VH, I was only 6 years old when they broke up and glad to have a chance to see CVH first time in my life.

binnie
08-30-2007, 07:34 AM
I was 3 when CVH split.

Consequently, I have never seen them live or Van Hagar or Van Cherone for that matter.

I saw Dave twice on his last UK tour.

I pray to God the new tour comes over here...

Douglas T.
08-30-2007, 08:50 AM
I saw CVH from four times. The best was in Tampa opening for Sabbath! Seconed favorite would be opening for the STONES in Orlando! I was 22 when they split! Here's me then!
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n137/DTSKYNYRD/dtcruiser.jpg

binnie
08-30-2007, 10:55 AM
Cool car DT!

wlowery
08-30-2007, 11:33 AM
I had no use for Sammy. I liked some of his old stuff but just was not a fit with halen. They must of been high as a kite when they ask him to join.... Dave, saw him 4 times. Went back stage and stole a David lee Roth Dressing Room sign. We were only in 10th grade. I dont like or promote stealing but I had to have it. Its hanging in my office today.

diamondsgirl
08-31-2007, 11:38 AM
Nice pic, DT! :cool:

Saw VH in 81, 82 and 84.

I have seen Roth solo a bunch of times too from when he left VH right up thru last fall.

cadaverdog
08-31-2007, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by diamondsgirl

Saw VH in 81, 82 and 84.

I have seen Roth solo a bunch of times too from when he left VH right up thru last fall.

I saw Dave on the tour he did with the evil Sammy.
The show in LA[really San Bernadino ]was less than a steller performance from Dave .
Part of the reason was because he opened that night and the stage lighting and sound were set for Sammy.
Also Daves backing band was trying too hard to imitate VH and didn't
ad lib like Vh would have .
I went there with the mindset that everyone would leave saying
Dave blew Sammy away .
I wish I could have seen Dave as the headliner and might have had a different opinion.
I really like strummin with the devil and would like to see a VH unplugged performance.

lonnieg5
08-31-2007, 03:51 PM
I'm 44. I saw them 3 times with Dave and once with Sammy (I'm ashamed to admit). That show was when I realized they weren't the same band anymore. All the goosebumps were gone, if you get my drift.

I've seen Dave live many times from EEAS til the 2006 tour. The man is just amazing. A superstar through and through and VH is boring without him.

cadaverdog
08-31-2007, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by lonnieg5
I'm 44. I saw them 3 times with Dave and once with Sammy (I'm ashamed to admit). That show was when I realized they weren't the same band anymore. All the goosebumps were gone, if you get my drift.

I've seen Dave live many times from EEAS til the 2006 tour. The man is just amazing. A superstar through and through and VH is boring without him.

What is EEAS?

GO-SPURS-GO
08-31-2007, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by cadaverdog
What is EEAS?

The most under-rated rock album of all time. Eat Em' and Smile

Douglas T.
08-31-2007, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by diamondsgirl

Saw VH in 81, 82 and 84.

Originally posted by binnie
Cool car DT!

Thanks! Those wuz the daze racin' around in my '71 Torino blastin' Van Halen out the wind'rs! I didn't have this car for the EEAS tour extravaganza when we drove many miles to see three shows in a week!

blonddgirl777
08-31-2007, 08:42 PM
Very cool pic. Doug!

I was there, at the MTL Forum 4th row/center (on the floor)... I could almost smell them!

It was in sprin 1984, I was about to turn 16 and will NEVER forget!

I should try to find an old pic. to scan... with my D.L.R. hairdo... L.O.L.
What a great time that was...

Terry
08-31-2007, 10:04 PM
Only got to see CVH once, in 1984. Was 14, had to sneak out of the house both to buy tix AND to go to the show (because I was 'grounded' at the time), got stoned before the show and drank Schnapps on the way home.
Saw most of my shows between the ages of 13 and 16. Best bud's Mom knew the local concert promoter, so even if we couldn't get free tix we'd always at the very least have tickets available to buy (even if the shows were 'sold out').
Far as the year 1984 went, the two best shows I saw were CVH and Dio on the Last In Line tour, and in all honesty I'd be hard pressed to say which was better. And that was in a year that I saw Ozzy, Motley Crue, Judas Priest, Scorpions, among others.

jharp84
08-31-2007, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by lonnieg5

I know! That's why I justgave ya a 5-er!! Nothin like the year 1980 for me!! 1st Fuckin concert ever!(April-Chicago) Blown AWAY! @nd time -July 30th or somethin! Me and Bud last row international ampitheatre chicago! Roth was on! recently got busted CN ohio! Kept bitchin about it! Still BEST CONCERT I RECALL of 6 times(every tour since) and my bud and I went thru 5 doobs!!! Shit SMOKE obviously!! BUT WHAT A FUCKIN NIGHT!!!

jharp84
08-31-2007, 10:14 PM
BTW - I am 42 if any mf cares! But the ? was asked!!

VanHalener
08-31-2007, 10:28 PM
Nice car DT

I was riding this when Van Halen broke up...
http://i6.tinypic.com/6fovbk1.jpg

Nitro Express
09-01-2007, 04:50 AM
I saw Van Halen for the first time in 1980. It was the Women and Children First Tour.

I was at the US Festival in 1983.

I worked security and had and all area pass in 1984. Met Alex and Michael Anthony. Eddie had too many people wanting to bug him. Roth was nowhere to be found. Probably getting laid somewhere.

Susie Q
09-04-2007, 08:08 AM
Hmm....Lemme see if this will date me.....

My first car was a 1978 Chevy Malibu Classic.....

My first concert was Cheap Trick. I got to see them with both my brothers. One is Ozzy Fudd. I'm the youngest ;)

I came close to seeing Van Halen TWICE in the 80's. Fair Warning and WACF tours. One was cancelled, the other I didn't have any money for... :(

My ALL time favorite music is that of the 80's. Hair jacked up to jesus, driving with the sunroof of my 83 Dodge Charger off, screaming to WACF.

My birthday twin is Ally Cat.

Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons wrote a song about me (not personally like Katydid likes to imply on stuff...ROTFLMAO)

Any guesses? Hmmm??

Ok...I'll tell ya....
. I'm 43 :)

BITEYOASS
09-04-2007, 09:44 AM
I'm 28 and I was 5 1/2 when they broke up, and it took me a couple of years to find out cause I thought Dave was Van Halen. Of course that is actually turned out to be true. :D Didn't really start buying any classic VH albums until I was in my teens, before that I would just listen to em when my parents took me to their friends house that had this big-ass stereo system with floor speakers the size of a cabinet.

cadaverdog
09-04-2007, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Susie Q
Hmm....Lemme see if this will date me.....

My first car was a 1978 Chevy Malibu Classic.....

My first concert was Cheap Trick. I got to see them with both my brothers. One is Ozzy Fudd. I'm the youngest ;)

I came close to seeing Van Halen TWICE in the 80's. Fair Warning and WACF tours. One was cancelled, the other I didn't have any money for... :(

My ALL time favorite music is that of the 80's. Hair jacked up to jesus, driving with the sunroof of my 83 Dodge Charger off, screaming to WACF.

My birthday twin is Ally Cat.

Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons wrote a song about me (not personally like Katydid likes to imply on stuff...ROTFLMAO)

Any guesses? Hmmm??

Ok...I'll tell ya....
.Jon fogarty wrote a song about your alias.
I hope the four seasons song wasn't :walk like a man:
. I'm 43 :)

DeadOrAlive
09-05-2007, 01:19 AM
They disbanded... before I was born. I think I'm still the youngest user here. But I still love them. Man it'd be killer to see them.

Redballjets88
09-05-2007, 01:21 AM
Shit DOA i didn't even realize you were that young, you got me by 3 years. But hey you me and unchainme are just carryin on the truth

LstLkly2Succeed
09-05-2007, 04:22 AM
Originally posted by DeadOrAlive
They disbanded... before I was born. I think I'm still the youngest user here. But I still love them. Man it'd be killer to see them.

Haha, I feel your pain. My mom actually saw them but she can't remember anything except for what pants Eddie was wearing. She sees a CVH concert and that's all she can remember....blows my mind. I honestly can't wait to see them myself, I'll be 17 when the tour rolls into town. I'm dragging my friend who was gonna boycott it cuz of lack of bassplayer. But she admitted a Van Halen reunion is cool despite that. So yeaa, I'm excited for my first time ever Van Halen concert!! I hope there's many more to come!!

Susie Q
09-05-2007, 08:52 AM
Hahahaha!! cadaverdog, the name of the song was "Late December back in '63." by Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons. ;)

Ozzy Fudd
09-05-2007, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by vanhalener
Nice car DT

I was riding this when Van Halen broke up...
http://i6.tinypic.com/6fovbk1.jpg
http://www.steakandcheese.com/downloads/Two_The_Back_Way.jpg
i was ridin twins when they broke up...course not as hot as these two. but close enough:D :cool: FUCK I'M OLD.

franksters
09-05-2007, 04:14 PM
fair warning
diver down

it just keeps gettin better!

soon

2007!!

cadaverdog
09-05-2007, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Susie Q
Hahahaha!! cadaverdog, the name of the song was "Late December back in '63." by Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons. ;)

Post a video of you shaking that booty , and we can judge for ourselves.

cadaverdog
09-05-2007, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by franksters
fair warning
diver down

it just keeps gettin better!

soon

2007!!

You must be replying to some other post and something went haywire or you are stoned.

vh rides again
09-05-2007, 06:22 PM
the first time i seen em was at the credit island jam in davenport iowa it was 78 or 79, i was 12 years old i think, 6th grade.

me and 4 neighborhood buddies took innertubes across the mississippi river the night before the concert and camped in the woods on the island.
we smoked columbian redbud 20 bucks an ounce and drank pabts blue ribbon beer and a bottle of gin that i snagged from home.

we were all on our lips by midnight, woke up dirty and stinky for the concert partied all day long, the big band there that year was the doobie brothers but vanhalen blew everyone away.

vanhalen was pretty much unknown at the time but still they stole the show, i was hooked after that.
my only other concert experience before that was BTO and reo speedwagon, so you know how vanhalen must have burnt into my brain.
i got the worst sunburn in history that day, i still have freckles on my shoulders to this day from that concert.
it was a great experience.
oh and when i got home all strungout,mymom grabbed me by the back of my long ass hair and drug my skinny ass up the stairs into the house while my buds laghed their asses off.
was a good day.
ive seen the original vanhalen on every tour except the 84 tour.
seen dave quite a few times.