PDA

View Full Version : When a friend turns into a rascist!

kentuckyklira
08-28-2007, 08:17 PM
It´s not often that I´ve been serious here,

but,

I was out with two very good friends tonight. One of these is a Muslim. You wouldn´t notice, he drinks alcohol, his wife wears sexy clothing, etc..

So we meet this Polish friend who´s obviously in an anti-Muslim, pro anything remotely related to Polish Catholicism mood. Once, in between his rants, I remind him that my friend is a Muslim, this Polish guy says,

"you´re not a real Muslim, you don´t behave like one, and you don´t LOOK like one."

It only got worse from there. The two guys I originally left home with, one Muslim (obviously) and the other a Catholic, just like the Polish guy, don´t ever want to meet with the Polish guy again.

I´m really not sure what to do,

tell the Polish guy that he´s an asshole and our friendship´s over, or try to reach him when he´s sober and advise him to think about his views if he wants to stay friends with all of us!

P.S. We´re not gay, it´s all about a few casual beers after work/rehearsals.

Ally_Kat
08-28-2007, 08:19 PM
I would deffy confront him when he's sober and be like, "wtf dude"

kentuckyklira
08-28-2007, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
I would deffy confront him when he's sober and be like, "wtf dude"

Well, it wasn´t his first anti-Muslim rant. But it certainly was the first in the presence of a Muslim he had to know was friend of mine!

That´s why I´m not putting this away lightly. I mean, I am as non-religious as can be, but till the Polish Catholic started spewing his hatred, we were all as cool as half a dozen beers per person could have made us!:(

Hardrock69
08-29-2007, 09:28 AM
I can see posting one's opinion about religion/race on the net lol (obviously).

:D

But your friend was being a dick.

Period.

BITEYOASS
08-29-2007, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by kentuckyklira
Well, it wasn´t his first anti-Muslim rant. But it certainly was the first in the presence of a Muslim he had to know was friend of mine!

That´s why I´m not putting this away lightly. I mean, I am as non-religious as can be, but till the Polish Catholic started spewing his hatred, we were all as cool as half a dozen beers per person could have made us!:(

Yeah, it's usually the other way around for the Polish back home in Jackson, MI; so many fuckin polish jokes, it drove me nuts. I don't really have any hatred for muslims, just the ones with long beards firing a rocket at the ordnance compound in Al-Asad or firing a kalishnikov at me and my fellow Marines. Other than that it's all good.

Steve Savicki
08-29-2007, 11:20 AM
Sounds like "Your Racist Friend" track from They Might Be Giants... BTW, I'm not saying take advice from those song lyrics.

I hope all works out for you, Kentuck. :)

sadaist
08-29-2007, 11:47 AM
A Muslim, a Polack & kentuckyklira walk into a bar....

blonddgirl777
08-29-2007, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69

Period.

I agree...

Everybody's allowed to their own opinion but we don't HAVE TO listen to it... and certainly not right and left, ruining patries etc...
It is more than just being impolite, it is clear provocation to start a conversation that will obviously end up hurting someone's feelings...

Either your friend was way too remember anything or he totaly did it on purpose to piss them off... disrespecting you (their friend) at the same time (?)

Ask him :confused:

blonddgirl777
08-29-2007, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69

Period.

I agree...

Everybody's allowed to their own opinion but we don't HAVE TO listen to it... and certainly not right and left, ruining patries etc...
It is more than just being impolite, it is clear provocation to start a conversation that will obviously end up hurting someone's feelings...

Either your friend was way too drunk to remember anything or he totaly did it on purpose to piss them off... disrespecting you (their friend) at the same time (?)

Ask him :confused:

Nickdfresh
08-29-2007, 02:11 PM
Offer to re-invade his country....

Ally_Kat
08-29-2007, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh

best solution ever! :D

BITEYOASS
08-30-2007, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
best solution ever! :D

Or say: excuse me Mr. Asskickedtwicski :D

Nitro Express
08-30-2007, 08:16 PM
Most Muslims are like most Mormons in Utah. They remain in their demanding faith because of social and family pressure but when away from peering eyes they break every rule in the book and enjoy the fruits of Satan's garden.

Nitro Express
08-30-2007, 08:23 PM
Europe is going to be full of Muslims regardless and the reason why is they have children and Europeans don't. They are outbreeding the natives.

So what is needed is to sell the Muslims on western ways and make that radicle shit out of style. If you bass the Muslims as a whole you just add fuel to the fire. What is needed is influence over their young people and bring them to our side.

Plus, some of those Persian and Arabian women are hot. I've seen some Iranian babes that are absolutely beautiful. We need to get rid of the old Islam and replace it with a liberal reformed Islam to where they have a big Rahmadahn celebration once a year and that's about it. No mosques with clerical indoctrination. No hate. Just a big party once a year with drinking and fucking. That's the new Islam.

Redballjets88
08-30-2007, 08:35 PM
wow thats actually serious. when i read the thread name i thought your just had a friend that told you a really bad black joke.

yeah i would talk to him sober, and depending on his reaction go from there.

Seshmeister
08-30-2007, 10:36 PM
It´s not often that I´ve been serious here,

but,

I was out with two very good friends tonight. One of these is a Muslim. You wouldn´t notice, he drinks alcohol, his wife wears sexy clothing, etc..

So we meet this Polish friend who´s obviously in an anti-Muslim, pro anything remotely related to Polish Catholicism mood. Once, in between his rants, I remind him that my friend is a Muslim, this Polish guy says,

"you´re not a real Muslim, you don´t behave like one, and you don´t LOOK like one."

It only got worse from there. The two guys I originally left home with, one Muslim (obviously) and the other a Catholic, just like the Polish guy, don´t ever want to meet with the Polish guy again.

I´m really not sure what to do,

tell the Polish guy that he´s an asshole and our friendship´s over, or try to reach him when he´s sober and advise him to think about his views if he wants to stay friends with all of us!

P.S. We´re not gay, it´s all about a few casual beers after work/rehearsals.

This isn't racism in my opinion.

Racism is attacking someone based on their race not their superstitions.

If I was you I would ask him some questions about his equally stupid beliefs.

ddirvine
08-30-2007, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh

That is too damn funny............

Jérôme Frenchise
08-31-2007, 03:39 AM
Originally posted by blonddgirl777

Exactly. That's where many alcohol-induced conversations will lead with certain guys... :rolleyes:

Ideas... Ready-made thoughts that some will cherish as parts of themselves, argue tooth and nail and get vexed like mad if contradicted, even more if someone was physically trampling on their feet... How stupid!

As for racism, it's the worst of mind scleroses.

Can a friend remain a friend if he/she reveals to be a racist? If he/she is a true friend, you'll try to make them come to their senses. Otherwise, it's not worth wasting your time.

kentuckyklira
08-31-2007, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
This isn't racism in my opinion.

Racism is attacking someone based on their race not their superstitions.

If I was you I would ask him some questions about his equally stupid beliefs.

My Muslim friend who was with us looks like any other long-haired German hard rock fan. Since the Polish guy implied that he wasn´t a real Muslim, as in bad and/or inferior person, I take it that in his (Polish) eyes you have to be dark-skinned, black-haired, and best have a moustache and hair on your back too to be a "real" Muslim. Close enough to call it racism IMHO. You can also call it bullshit white "superiorism" or something like that, if that helps.

TVGUY
08-31-2007, 10:16 AM
he didn't just TURN into one.. He's always been one.. You just finally heard it.

Steve Savicki
08-31-2007, 10:23 AM
Happy birthday TV Guy.

Seshmeister
08-31-2007, 10:55 AM
My Muslim friend who was with us looks like any other long-haired German hard rock fan. Since the Polish guy implied that he wasn´t a real Muslim, as in bad and/or inferior person, I take it that in his (Polish) eyes you have to be dark-skinned, black-haired, and best have a moustache and hair on your back too to be a "real" Muslim. Close enough to call it racism IMHO. You can also call it bullshit white "superiorism" or something like that, if that helps.

It's just confusing to me because saying that he isn't a "real" Muslim to me is a compliment because it's saying that he's managed to at least partly escape from the virus of a religious upbringing.:)

I guess the Pole probably didn't mean it that way.:)

The funny thing is that a fundie Christian has far more in common with a fundie Muslim than with a rational person.

Cheers!

:gulp:

Seshmeister
08-31-2007, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Steve Savicki
Happy birthday TV Guy.

Keep the thread on topic you dumb chink!

TVGUY
08-31-2007, 11:11 AM
Keep the thread on topic you dumb chink!

Thanks Steve....
But screw you Kraut... it that better?

Coyote
08-31-2007, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
Plus, some of those Persian and Arabian women are hot. I've seen some Iranian babes that are absolutely beautiful. We need to get rid of the old Islam and replace it with a liberal reformed Islam to where they have a big Rahmadahn celebration once a year and that's about it. No mosques with clerical indoctrination. No hate. Just a big party once a year with drinking and fucking. That's the new Islam.

:killer: :D

Rat Salade
08-31-2007, 04:42 PM
some people are way too sensitive these days......it seems obvious, at least to me, someone overlooked the reference to a blood thirsty, towel-totin' savage. i'm sure if we used a little thought, these are the muslim's he was referring to. i don't know your friend, but just going solely on what you typed, it sounded like he just made a bad joke.

now, i know these fundamental christian types, and i can certainly see how it could rub someone the wrong way. plenty of them here in florida.

it was off the cuff, he was liquor'd up, shit happens.

i'm done playing devil's advocate.

cadaverdog
08-31-2007, 05:18 PM
I went to a bar with a guy who used to be a buddy .
He saw this gigantic black dude with a white woman and started
into a tirade about {******s with white chicks}.
After I told him I wasn't going to get my ass kicked because he had a big mouth he quickly lowered his voice.
He is entitled to his own opinion but if you are going to talk shit out loud you better be able to back it up .
I would have tried to break it up if it went to far but if the dude had have punched him and walked away , I figure he deserved it.

ddirvine
08-31-2007, 05:49 PM
My Muslim friend who was with us looks like any other long-haired German hard rock fan.

Does this dude like Saga like all other German rock fans?

Had to ask...LOL

ROTHisGOD
08-31-2007, 05:54 PM
Nice..

Seshmeister
08-31-2007, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by cadaverdog
I went to a bar with a guy who used to be a buddy .
He saw this gigantic black dude with a white woman and started
into a tirade about {******s with white chicks}.
After I told him I wasn't going to get my ass kicked because he had a big mouth he quickly lowered his voice.
He is entitled to his own opinion but if you are going to talk shit out loud you better be able to back it up .
I would have tried to break it up if it went to far but if the dude had have punched him and walked away , I figure he deserved it.

As I said I think what you describe is a different situation to a religion thing.

Religions hide behind the racism thing. If a kid is born and they are black then they are black.

If a kid is born and their parents are muslims or catholic or whatever THEY ARE NOT muslim or catholics. Their parents are may well try and indoctrinate them but it's not a race.

Attacking religious superstitions is not racist.

That was my point.

Cheers!

:gulp:

blonddgirl777
08-31-2007, 08:59 PM
... Attacking religious superstitions is not racist...

No because you may argue with (or attack someone on) his religious beleifs within your own race...
Hell, we do it all the time!