PDA

View Full Version : Hi! I'm a hasbeen who's no longer worth two fucks!

Isaac R.
08-29-2007, 03:40 AM
http://content.imagesocket.com/images/beckham_welcome_party_02_wenn1474974b9f.jpg (http://imagesocket.com/view/beckham_welcome_party_02_wenn1474974b9f.jpg)

NEW YORK: Actor-comedian Jim Carrey has made a straight-to-YouTube video. And it is not funny at all.

The 45-year Carrey — in rare serious mode — appears in a new public service announcement on behalf of the Human Rights Action Center and the U.S. Campaign for Burma. The goal: To free Nobel laureate Aung San Suu Kyi, who has been confined by Myanmar's ruling military junta for 11 of the last 17 years.

"Even though she's compared to a modern-day Gandhi or Nelson Mandela, most people in America still don't know about Aung San," Carrey says in the filmed message, posted Tuesday on YouTube.

"And let's face it: the name's a little difficult to remember. Here's how I did it: Aung San sounds a lot like 'unsung,' as in unsung hero. Aung San Suu Kyi is truly an unsung hero."

Suu Kyi, who is under long-term house arrest in the city of Yangon, received the Nobel Peace Prize in 1991 for her nonviolent efforts to bring down the military regime that rules over the Southeast Asian country.

binnie
08-29-2007, 03:52 AM
"Shomebody Shtop him"!

:D

Diamondjimi
08-29-2007, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Isaac R.
http://content.imagesocket.com/images/beckham_welcome_party_02_wenn1474974b9f.jpg (http://imagesocket.com/view/beckham_welcome_party_02_wenn1474974b9f.jpg)

NEW YORK: Actor-comedian Jim Carrey has made a straight-to-YouTube video. And it is not funny at all.

The 45-year Carrey — in rare serious mode — appears in a new public service announcement on behalf of the Human Rights Action Center and the U.S. Campaign for Burma. The goal: To free Nobel laureate Aung San Suu Kyi, who has been confined by Myanmar's ruling military junta for 11 of the last 17 years.

"Even though she's compared to a modern-day Gandhi or Nelson Mandela, most people in America still don't know about Aung San," Carrey says in the filmed message, posted Tuesday on YouTube.

"And let's face it: the name's a little difficult to remember. Here's how I did it: Aung San sounds a lot like 'unsung,' as in unsung hero. Aung San Suu Kyi is truly an unsung hero."

Suu Kyi, who is under long-term house arrest in the city of Yangon, received the Nobel Peace Prize in 1991 for her nonviolent efforts to bring down the military regime that rules over the Southeast Asian country.

How 'bout embedding the goddamn vdeo?

WTF is your beef , exactly?

Terry
08-29-2007, 08:36 PM
Yeah, he's definitely in turmoil, what with his millions in the bank and his dick in Jenny McCarthy.

If I had those two problems, I could really give a shit about being a hasbeen.

bueno bob
08-30-2007, 12:58 AM
Exactly...I don't really think Jim Carey is too awful worried about his last few movies not doing so well, considering his cash flow and Jenny McCarthy...

Why rag on the guy for doing a PSA on Youtube, though? :confused:

Nitro Express
08-30-2007, 01:42 AM
Give me a fucking break! The US dollar and economy are on the edge of the abyse. The politicians are erroding our Constitutional rights. We are bogged down in a middle east war that could esculate into Iran, Syria, and Lebbanon this fall. Not to mention the fucking Communist Chinese now own us because they pay off our debt.

I'm sorry but helping some chick with a wierd name that sounds like Suck Kak is down on my list of worries.

sadaist
08-30-2007, 01:56 AM
Whatever. I never really liked him so much in movies except Truman Show. I guess he felt like he needed to get political without causing too many waves (Sean Penn, Tim Robbins....).

Ace Ventura was kinda funny, but you have to be drunk and with friends.

Redballjets88
08-30-2007, 02:07 AM
he isnt a has been because he still makes high grossing movies...number 23 went to the top of the box office and sold out at blockbusters around the nation. Just because he doesn't do a movie every year doesnt make him a has been. Has beens make straight to video movies, ie steven segal, van damme, snipes.

binnie
08-30-2007, 03:08 AM
It's easy to think that this is a cynical ploy to boost his status, but it might be a genuine, heart-felt appeal.

Who knows?

However, it does smack of "I'm a celebrity and my opinion on things is therefore valid..." doesn't it?

On the plus side, at least he's not collecting African children like some Holyweird stars....

sadaist
08-30-2007, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by binnie

On the plus side, at least he's not collecting African children like some Holyweird stars....

LOL! Seems to be a growing trend, doesn't it? I think I'll start adopting 16 year old Swedish girls. If I wait until the day after Halloween, I can get the French Maid & Catholic schoolgirl outfits for half price.

Ozzy Fudd
08-30-2007, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Terry
Yeah, he's definitely in turmoil, what with his millions in the bank and his dick in Jenny McCarthy.

If I had those two problems, I could really give a shit about being a hasbeen.

I was about to say that..:D

Baby's On Fire
08-30-2007, 07:13 PM
At age 45, what's with the 70's hairdo?

Diamondjimi
08-31-2007, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by Baby's On Fire
At age 45, what's with the 70's hairdo?

He's going for the Scott Stapp look!:D

Is his sister still driving for Burlington transit ?
From what I hear he still comes home the odd time and will pop into Easterbrooks for one of their overpriced hotdogs.....;)

Smokey McPot
08-31-2007, 03:16 AM
I hate that unfunny dumb fuck

He tries way too hard. He always has to do something crazy to show everyone just how funny he is

Actually I do love him in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. It's one of my favorite movies. He can be good when he's not acting like a poor man's coked up Robin Williams.

Coyote
08-31-2007, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by sadaist
LOL! Seems to be a growing trend, doesn't it? I think I'll start adopting 16 year old Swedish girls. If I wait until the day after Halloween, I can get the French Maid & Catholic schoolgirl outfits for half price.

Can you give me a clue on that? :D

cadaverdog
08-31-2007, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Isaac R.

I met this prick at the local HD dealership ,his buddy was buying a bike and he went with.
He went out to the parking lot and rode around on his bmw after I asked him not to sit on my new harley that had just come in and was sitting on the show room floor .
He was acting snobbish and unfriendly even though no one was even bothering him ,just minding their own business.