PDA

View Full Version : Teamsters to Try to Block Mexican Trucks

FORD
08-30-2007, 01:48 PM
Teamsters to Try to Block Mexican Trucks
By JESSE J. HOLLAND 08.29.07, 7:55 PM ET

WASHINGTON -

The Teamsters Union said Wednesday it will ask a federal appeals court to block the Bush administration's plan to allow Mexican trucks to carry cargo anywhere in the United States.

The union said it has been told by officials in the Transportation Department's Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration that the first Mexican trucks will be coming across the border on Saturday.

Teamsters leaders said they planned to seek an emergency injunction Wednesday from the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco.

"What a slap in the face to American workers, opening the highways to dangerous trucks on Labor Day weekend, one of the busiest driving weekends of the year," said Teamsters President Jim Hoffa.

Joining the Teamsters in seeking the emergency stay were the Sierra Club and Public Citizen. "Before providing unconditional access throughout the country to tens of thousands of big rigs we know little to nothing about, we must insure they meet safety and environmental standards," Sierra Club executive director Carl Pope said.

The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, in a statement, said: "we believe this lawsuit is without merit and that our program will benefit consumers by reducing the costly practice of requiring all cross-border shipments to be hauled by three separate trucks operated by three different drivers and provide U.S. trucking companies the opportunity to expand their business into our nation's third largest trading partner."

The Bush administration said last week it would start the cross-border program once the Transportation Department's inspector general certifies safety and inspection plans.

Leslie Miller, a Teamsters spokeswoman, said attorneys for the federal truck safety agency advised the union's lawyers that they expect to get that certification on Friday. She said the Teamsters also were told by the agency attorneys that limited authority for trucks to begin crossing the border will be approved Saturday.

The Teamsters got a powerful labor ally in its protest.

AFL-CIO president John Sweeney said in a news conference "the real issue there is the situation of safety and how this involves the delivery of food or product of Mexico to United States and vice versa.

"It's an ongoing dispute and we don't think the Mexican government is enforcing their laws in that situation," said Sweeney in support of the Teamsters, who left the AFL-CIO to join a rival labor federation in 2005. "I think the Teamsters are taking the lead in this situation and rightly so deserve support."

Supporters of the plan say letting more Mexican trucks on U.S. highways will save American consumers hundreds of millions of dollars.

Labor and driver-owner groups have been fighting the measure - part of the 1994 North American Free Trade Agreement - since it was first proposed, saying the program will erode highway safety and eliminate U.S. jobs.

A one-year demonstration project would allow 100 Mexican motor carriers full access to U.S. roads. It can begin as soon as the inspector general certifies that safety and inspection plans and facilities are sufficient to ensure the Mexican trucks are as safe as U.S. trucks.

Since 1982, Mexican trucks have had to stop within a buffer border zone and transfer their loads to U.S. trucks.

Copyright 2007 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed

Link (http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2007/08/29/ap4066633.html)

FORD
08-30-2007, 01:50 PM
Munson, if you're lurking, go ahead and jump in anytime here. Or Cat, if you're putting in one of your rare appearances

(or anyone else who might be connected with the trucking industry and/or the Teamsters)

BITEYOASS
08-30-2007, 01:58 PM
I guess the chimp needs an easier way to get his blow. Let's have more highway deaths and criminal gangs entering the US so they can justify a police state. Those fuckin closet homo repugs, their all a bunch of bad, nasty, naughty little boys! :mad:

BITEYOASS is a member of the:

INTERNATIONAL BROTHERHOOD OF TEAMSTERS
LOCAL #612

Eddie's Booze
08-30-2007, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by BITEYOASS
I guess the chimp needs an easier way to get his blow. Let's have more highway deaths and criminal gangs entering the US so they can justify a police state. Those fuckin closet homo repugs, their all a bunch of bad, nasty, naughty little boys! :mad:

BITEYOASS is a member of the:

INTERNATIONAL BROTHERHOOD OF TEAMSTERS
LOCAL #612

I 100% support what Teamsters are doing over there in the USA. Supporting the Working Men and Women of America.

Those Mexicans are keeping good hard working people out of Jobs. I have friends both in America and England who are truckers and what President Bush is doing is an outrage.

So much for your government looking out for the Well being of your citizens.

:mad:

DLR'sCock
08-30-2007, 02:17 PM
Bush is only interested in keeping the owning class wealthy and taking $$ away from the middle class and by using the dumb and the ignorant to get his/their way.

Blackflag
08-30-2007, 04:33 PM
How bizarre. I don't understand his fascination with Mexicans.

FORD
08-30-2007, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Blackflag
How bizarre. I don't understand his fascination with Mexicans.

It's very simple..... Mexican truck drivers work for a lot less money than American truck drivers. And they don't give a rat's ass about safety, which saves the rat bastard greedy corporations even more money.

They're also more likely to import BCE approved "agricultural products" from Colombia and other points south of the border.

Lqskdiver
08-30-2007, 05:03 PM
They're also more likely to import BCE approved "agricultural products" from Colombia and other points south of the border.

Which is kinda funny. You think the "recreational users" on this board would be pleased with this decision.

FORD
08-30-2007, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Lqskdiver
Which is kinda funny. You think the "recreational users" on this board would be pleased with this decision.

That's because the best recreational herb comes from the other side of the northern border, so it has nothing to do with this.

BTW, good luck driving on the freeways especially in your part of the country, if this shit is allowed to happen.

Warham
08-30-2007, 05:15 PM
Not true, Lqs.

There are hypocrites on this board, not just in the Republican party. :)

If they legalized all drugs, these liberals would still be mad that King George was allowing shipments via semi from Columbia. If it were on Queen Hillary's watch, they'd have no problem with it.

FORD
08-30-2007, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by WAR
Not true, Lqs.

If they legalized all drugs, these liberals would still be mad that King George was allowing shipments via semi from Columbia. If it were on Queen Hillary's watch, they'd have no problem with it.

If all drugs were legalized, the ones that could be grown domestically would be, and the others would be imported openly as any other agricultral import is. Furthermore the profits wouldn't go to terrorists. Those on the US government payroll, or otherwise.

But let's not attempt threadjacking here with side issues ;)

The fact is that the BCE has once again put corporate profits ahead of national security, and in this case, it could turn major highways into bloodbaths, and they won't be able to blame it on the mostly fictional "Al Qaeda".

Warham
08-30-2007, 05:42 PM
I suppose NAFTA has something to do with this.

Who signed that into law?

FORD
08-30-2007, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by WAR
I suppose NAFTA has something to do with this.

Who signed that into law?

George Herbert Walker Bush Sr. did.

Unfortunately, Bill Clinton pushed Congress to ratify it.

I don't let either one of them off the hook.

NAFTA sucked ass from day one. And who told you so (other than that short guy with the big ears)

The UNIONS, that's who.

Warham
08-30-2007, 06:06 PM
I'm not a big fan of unions, so they get no sympathy from me.

Warham
08-30-2007, 06:08 PM
It's all part of the plot to push the New World Order along, and the Bushes and Clintons are some of the big players.

Lqskdiver
08-30-2007, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by FORD
That's because the best recreational herb comes from the other side of the northern border, so it has nothing to do with this.

I shoulda figured those Canucks grew their crops in season over there. Problem is is cold most of the time and unless you've got indoor heat lamps, it would be difficult to cultivate most of the time. Nope, the south has the best shit. At least, errr, that's what I've heard.

BTW, good luck driving on the freeways especially in your part of the country, if this shit is allowed to happen.

Already deal with it. Most truckers are insured and allowed to drive around 25 miles near the border. They're not so bad and they have to follow strict guidelines in order to even cross into the country. Yer talking crossing wait times of over 3 hours per trip!!

Oh, and I'll say it:

UNIONS SUCK!

FORD
08-30-2007, 06:45 PM
I shoulda figured those Canucks grew their crops in season over there. Problem is is cold most of the time and unless you've got indoor heat lamps, it would be difficult to cultivate most of the time.

Obviously, you have never been to the Okanagon Valley. It exists on both sides of the border, both Washington and BC, and is a heavy agricultural area all around.

Legal and otherwise.......

As for the climate, think what Arizona would be with water and a few more trees.

Not exactly the "Great White North", eh?

Nickdfresh
08-30-2007, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by WAR
I'm not a big fan of unions, so they get no sympathy from me.

Of course. You're a big fan of outsourcing your children's future...

Warham
08-30-2007, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Of course. You're a big fan of outsourcing your children's future...

Yes, I'm just waiting breathlessly for all the jobs in America to head off to China.

:rolleyes:

Guitar Shark
08-30-2007, 07:08 PM
FORD, this is the 75 degree weather outside calling. Please turn off the computer and come out and experience me.

FORD
08-30-2007, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
FORD, this is the 75 degree weather outside calling. Please turn off the computer and come out and experience me.

Do you have any idea how gay that sounds?

Have you been trolling airports with Larry Craig or something?

Guitar Shark
08-30-2007, 07:17 PM
LOL. Just take a break dude! ;)

FORD
08-30-2007, 07:28 PM
Well, since Roy Munson missed this thread when he was on the board earlier, I guess we'll have to "outsource" to VH Links for an actual trucker's viewpoint on this, for the benefit of those who don't venture into tequila drinking territory...........

as posted by Redrockinmonkeyboy at VH Links

The Mexican trucks are completely unsafe. The safe ones stay in Mexico. Hoffa and Beck are right; the trucks that the Mexican drivers will be driving are ones that were taken out of service due to age; NOT mechanical reasons. They are then sold dirt cheap to Mexican companies.

If you look at the trucks, A LOT of them are a light metallic blue (old Werner), "Omaha" Orange (old Schneider National), and a yellowish/cream (old JB Hunt). Most of those trucks are taken out of service by these companies after 2-3 million miles. They are deemed safe to sell by FedDOT rules, which are fairly lax on resale, as opposed to new sale. I've driven for Schneider; they "castrate" the trucks to 63 miles per hour; then turn them up again upon resale. But they have run "reigned in" for a lot of miles; which wears down the parts. Werner and JB Hunt castrate them too.

You have A LOT of breakdowns because the parts aren't used to the kind of speed and stress of using them to the manufacturers specs. Parts LITERALLY fall off the truck.

One of voivod's articles showed the GLARING problem; other than shitty trucks. DOCUMENTATION!!!

In order for me to get my CDL renewed in 2009, I'll have to submit $165 to get a complete background check, including having my fingerprints taken for analysis through the NCIC computer, FBI, TSA and DOT; just to ensure I'm not a felon, terrorist, etc.

The rules, according to the same assholes ram-rodding this through; the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) states in the laws that ALL CDL drivers entering this country, including it's own citizen's, HAVE TO be able to read, write, converse AND reasonably understand the English language. They also must have a DOT medical card, only given by a DOT a authorized physician. Pass an ENGLISH ONLY CDL written test and English administered driving test.

The Mexican government doesn't require their drivers to keep a log. They can run as many hours/day/week/month/year, etc. they want. With NO checks and balances. American and Canadian drivers running America are allowed up to 11 hours of driver time and can work no more than 14 hours combined of Driving and On Duty NOT Driving/day. And NO MORE than 70 hours a week.

As for the question of Canadian trucks' safety. They are bound by the same standards as US trucks. The US and Canadian DOT's participate in what's called the Commercial Motor Vehicle Safety Administration, (CMVSA). Each year in June, they do a 72 hour safety blitz to catch trucks & drivers that aren't compliant. The Mexican DOT doesn't participate in this. But their drivers are CONSTANTLY getting caught in the border states, and shutdown at an alarming rate. Also keep in mind; the drivers and equipment profiled in voivod's article are just two that got stopped/caught; and is in no way a true representation of what is ACTUALLY getting stopped. Go to Laredo, TX sometime and look at the condition of the trucks they are sending here. You will be shocked and appalled.

Also, look at the AMERICAN trucking companies that are behind this. You'll find out that they are the ones that pay the lowest per mile pay to it's drivers. they are also THE LARGEST companies. Schneider, SWIFT, Werner, JB Hunt and Dart Transportation. They already have operations set up in Mexico ready for this to take place. Do a little research and you will be shocked. You will also find that they are ALL major contributors to the GOP, who have allowed the wholesale raping and destruction of American jobs and the American workforce all in favor of cheaper labor and higher cost because after they moved manufacturing jobs out of America, it cost MORE to ship it back in than it would to ship it from an American based operation.

On this one, I have to take a "FORD stance" and say that the BCE did this. Clinton was forced to push Bush NAFTA fiasco through, so he could get his police program money and tax raises on the top 2% of the country.

ddirvine
08-30-2007, 09:51 PM
Obviously, you have never been to the Okanagon Valley. It exists on both sides of the border, both Washington and BC, and is a heavy agricultural area all around.

Legal and otherwise.......

As for the climate, think what Arizona would be with water and a few more trees.

Not exactly the "Great White North", eh?

This has very little to do with drugs. This really comes down to getting rid of borders. In North America we are all becoming one sethpool of lower class consumers. These elites are not loyal to the USA, Canada or anywhere else. It's all about their cash.......were frick'n pawns.

Seshmeister
08-30-2007, 10:47 PM
What happened to the free market?

Protectionism doesn't work long term.

FORD
08-30-2007, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
What happened to the free market?

Protectionism doesn't work long term.

Protectionism isn't the issue, protecting the further destruction of the American economy is.

This goes much much further than merely replacing American truck drivers with Mexicans or even putting unsafe trucks on the road - as if those reasons weren't valid enough.

The ultimate goal here is to move the entire shipping base of the North American continent from the coasts to this central "NAFTA corridor".

Or in other words, rob economic and political power from the coastal states and centralize it in the so called "red states", ensuring continued Repuke elections.

Think I'm paranoid?? Tell me how it makes sense to ship from Asia to southern Mexico rather than seaports in Seattle, San Francisco, and Los Angeles. Or Vancouver, for that matter. In fact, if Mexico becomes the only port of entry for the entire continent, then Canada would wait the longest for shipping, and probably pay the most for it.

It makes no sense economically. It makes no sense in terms of national security. It's only "logical" to those whose primary motivation is greed, and fuck anyone who gets in the way.

ddirvine
08-30-2007, 11:35 PM
Protectionism isn't the issue, protecting the further destruction of the American economy is.

This goes much much further than merely replacing American truck drivers with Mexicans or even putting unsafe trucks on the road - as if those reasons weren't valid enough.

The ultimate goal here is to move the entire shipping base of the North American continent from the coasts to this central "NAFTA corridor".
Or in other words, rob economic and political power from the coastal states and centralize it in the so called "red states", ensuring continued Repuke elections.

Think I'm paranoid?? Tell me how it makes sense to ship from Asia to southern Mexico rather than seaports in Seattle, San Francisco, and Los Angeles. Or Vancouver, for that matter. In fact, if Mexico becomes the only port of entry for the entire continent, then Canada would wait the longest for shipping, and probably pay the most for it.

It makes no sense economically. It makes no sense in terms of national security. It's only "logical" to those whose primary motivation is greed, and fuck anyone who gets in the way.

"Told you so................"
Patrick Buchanan

Nickdfresh
08-31-2007, 01:24 AM
This is how corporations effectively use illegals to drive down wages.

It's that simple...

ODShowtime
08-31-2007, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by WAR
Not true, Lqs.

you're still a moron hamless or not

ODShowtime
08-31-2007, 07:06 AM
I shoulda figured those Canucks grew their crops in season over there. Problem is is cold most of the time and unless you've got indoor heat lamps, it would be difficult to cultivate most of the time. Nope, the south has the best shit. At least, errr, that's what I've heard.

You're clearly spouting off about a topic of which you have no clue.

I guess you heard gw was a good president too. :rolleyes:

Carmine
08-31-2007, 07:36 AM
I've been a Business Agent for the largest Union in the country for 11 years. This is just another example of how the Bush Administration continues to destroy the American workers future.

Support the Teamsters in this fight. I could go on for days in this thread. I live this everyday.

But, I have 20,000 AMERICAN Workers to take care of and need to get ready for work....

Ellyllions
08-31-2007, 07:57 AM
What a load of absolute shit.
Ford, I have to thank you this time as I'll be sending this to a few of my favorite pundits who are already steaming mad over Bush's allegiance to all things NAFTA.

Lemme tell you a little about what we're doing. There's a large group of us (yes Republicans) who are starting a web site. Just a simple front page with a forum attached where people can go to find out where/what American made products are being sold. I got the idea last weekend.

I needed to buy some casual dinner plates. I went to my local Wal-mart and started looking around. The ones that caught my eye were $2.96 a plate, made in China, and I started thinking..."hmm, if they'll paint our childrens toys with lead paint what idea do I have that they'd paint our dinner plates with lead paint as well." So I started looking for the Made in America stamp. Found some and they were only $1.50 per plate. Blew my mind as I've always been told that American made goods were more expensive.

I came home, told hubby. He told our mutual friend and we've decided that a resource to promote buying American made goods is necessary.

We can all circumvent this whole NAFTA thing if we can start using discretion when we shop. As a group, we can put a kibosh on this insidious plan to put America out of business.

DLR'sCock
08-31-2007, 10:59 AM
Besides the mortgage work I do, I also have a second job through which I am also a Teamster.(I keep forgetting that, funny...)

Anywho, there are many in the owning class that would have no problem increasing the numbers of massess who work for slave wages...

Hell in the US, what is the percentage of people who make $30K and less?? Isn't average about $35K? I think...

Nitro Express
08-31-2007, 02:55 PM
I say we get a bunch of Mexicans and crash Bohemian Grove next July when Bush is there. Let the rich feel the impact. Sipping single malt scotch or butt fucking the bussboy in the trees and all a sudden sevral thousand Mexicans come up the trail filling up the place.

Roy Munson
08-31-2007, 03:27 PM
I think I am going to get back into driving OTR.

I am going to order a new Peterbilt 389 with a 625 Cat and a 70" Ultra Sleeper with a fucking 280" wheelbase. I will be hauling a full load of bagged sugar with a GVW of 80,000.

Let's just put it this way...if I see a fucking Mexican truck he better be paying attention because he's going to have a Peterbilt emblem indented in his fucking forehead.

Ok, all kidding aside...I do have some serious issues with Bush on this and have for some time now. This has been in the works for a few years. It's really sad, because those Mexican trucks are POS junk. Unsafe isn't even the beginning of it. I've delivered loads into Laredo, TX that had to be offloaded into a Mexican truck and it was nasty shit.

ODShowtime
08-31-2007, 08:21 PM
I just can't imagine mexico's truck safety and training standards being anywhere near US standards.

mewisemagic
08-31-2007, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
I say we get a bunch of Mexicans and crash Bohemian Grove next July when Bush is there. Let the rich feel the impact. Sipping single malt scotch or butt fucking the bussboy in the trees and all a sudden sevral thousand Mexicans come up the trail filling up the place. LMFAO!!.............Lets do it!

Although it seems pretty tough to infiltrate that place!

Nickdfresh
08-31-2007, 09:39 PM
Aside from American truck drivers right to make a living earning a decent wage, this is also a question of national security and safety as well. Who insures these Mexican trucks meet US safety standards?

Who checks what's in the containers?

BITEYOASS
08-31-2007, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by mewisemagic
LMFAO!!.............Lets do it!

Although it seems pretty tough to infiltrate that place!

That's easy, get some gay meth whores to distract security. :D

WACF
09-01-2007, 12:06 AM
I may be missing something here but what about your Transport people?

Here they are Highways and Transport officers.

They operate weigh scales and patrol...to ensure proper weights and check for saftey isssues, log books are filled out ect.

What about those laws.

I know your trucks come up here and ours go down there...and eveything needs to be legal.

How can a Mexican truck not follow what is the law...I can see allowing them to run up North...but they have to be legal for the road.

Your Highway patrol can stop these trucks right at the border if they do not pass.

FORD
09-01-2007, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by BITEYOASS
That's easy, get some gay meth whores to distract security. :D

Well, now that you mention it, The "Reverend" Ted Haggard is looking for work. Larry Craig will be too, very soon.

WACF
09-01-2007, 01:49 AM
Well, now that you mention it, The "Reverend" Ted Haggard is looking for work. Larry Craig will be too, very soon.

From what I gather though Craig just likes to hang out in bathrooms...

Nitro Express
09-01-2007, 05:42 AM
If we can't solve this mess politically we are going to have to use the 2nd Amendment and fight it out for real. Things will continue to spin out of control and then someone will fire the first shot somewhere and all hell breaks loose.

No sane person wants things to get that bad, but if we sit on our asses we get what we deserve. Carnage and pain. The real stuff.

Nitro Express
09-01-2007, 05:47 AM
We need to get habious corpus back! The US Constituiton is dissolving and all we fucking care about is Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan. The fucking Bilderberg must pay those girls to keep the hijinx up.

Carmine
09-01-2007, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Aside from American truck drivers right to make a living earning a decent wage, this is also a question of national security and safety as well. Who insures these Mexican trucks meet US safety standards?

Who checks what's in the containers?

Mexican "officials".

as for the trucks. They will be driving broken down, unroadworthy, high mileage clunkers that were sold to Mexican companies when the American company deemed them as such.

The Union's Attorney, Leslie Miller, says there are valid questions about the reliability of Mexican trucker's driving records.

Miller: Just because we have a free trade agreement doesn't mean people can come to our country and do business in a way that doesn't meet our standard. "Before providing unconditional access throughout the country to tens of thousands of big rigs we know little to nothing about, we must insure they meet safety and environmental standards."

ddirvine
09-01-2007, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Carmine
Mexican "officials".

as for the trucks. They will be driving broken down, unroadworthy, high mileage clunkers that were sold to Mexican companies when the American company deemed them as such.

The Union's Attorney, Leslie Miller, says there are valid questions about the reliability of Mexican trucker's driving records.

Miller: Just because we have a free trade agreement doesn't mean people can come to our country and do business in a way that doesn't meet our standard. "Before providing unconditional access throughout the country to tens of thousands of big rigs we know little to nothing about, we must insure they meet safety and environmental standards."

Let's face it, the Foxes are not watching the chicken shack, they are IN the chicken shack. Things could get downright scary..........

Lqskdiver
09-01-2007, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
You're clearly spouting off about a topic of which you have no clue.

I guess you heard gw was a good president too. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

WACF
09-02-2007, 12:58 AM
Mexican "officials".

I must be missing something here.

Do the Mexican trucks not have to follow the same rules as US and Canadian drivers that haul across our Northern border?

Do log books and inspections get waived or something?

Nitro Express
09-02-2007, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by WACF

Do the Mexican trucks not have to follow the same rules as US and Canadian drivers that haul across our Northern border?

Exactly. My brother in law was a teamster driver for years. He got his helecopter piolet's license and gave up trucking because he saw this happening five years ago.

It's a Bilderberg deal. The company building the road in Texas is a Spanish construction company owned by a Bilderberg member. The Chinese are building deep water ports in Mexico and they will run truck shipments from Mexico using scab Mexican truck drivers all the way into Canada. Basically slaves make the goods and slaves distribute them and the global elite get the profits.

Slavery is comming back folks and most people don't even see it happening. The arrogance of the Bush Administration has waken some people up but I hope we aren't too late. We need to take our govt. back.

Roy Munson
09-05-2007, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by WACF

The Mexican trucks are supposed to follow our rules but I highly doubt they will. This will be an enforcement nightmare for the US DOT.

Steve Savicki
09-05-2007, 10:38 PM
But, I have 20,000 AMERICAN Workers to take care of and need to get ready for work....
Kudos to you, Carmine! :cool:

ddirvine
09-08-2007, 12:57 AM
Well, its official now..............

By Jerome R. Corsi
© 2007 WorldNetDaily.com

James P. Hoffa

Federal officials have confirmed that the first Mexican truckers have been given authorization to run their long-haul rigs throughout the United States under the Department of Transportation's Mexican trucking demonstration project.

The word came during a late-night surprise teleconference held by John Hill, the administrator of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. He told selected reporters that Transportes Olympic of Nuevo Leon was the first company to be given the authorization.

"This program was literally announced under the cover of darkness," James P. Hoffa said in a Teamsters press release issued by his office today. "I have no doubt the Bush administration knows how angry the American people are about it."

Hoffa continued, "I cannot understand why George Bush is jeopardizing the safety and security of the American people."

FORD
09-08-2007, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by ddirvine

Hoffa continued, "I cannot understand why George Bush is jeopardizing the safety and security of the American people."

Uh, Jim.....

When has he ever done anything ELSE???

Of course now that Hoffa Jr. has said so on the record, he'll probably be reunited with his dad. :(

WACF
09-08-2007, 02:10 PM
If the trucks need to meet the required standards and log book regulations how is does it endanger lives?

Viking
09-08-2007, 10:35 PM
Bush is out of his fucking mind. You know when you've pissed off everyone from paleocons to libertarians to Teamsters to The Seirra Club, you might as well hand over the keys and leave town. I voted for Bush, and this guy has become an assclown in ways that Bill Clinton couldn't fantasize about in a wet dream.