PDA

View Full Version : IT`S OFFICIAL! LED ZEPPELIN WILL Reunite For London Gig in November!

DrMaddVibe
08-31-2007, 09:27 PM
According to This is London, legendary rockers LED ZEPPELIN look set to reform and play the O2 arena in London, England this autumn.

There has been no official announcement that they will perform again 27 years after the group disbanded following the death of drummer John Bonham but advertisements appeared in the U.K. press today with top-price ticket and hotel packages on offer for 369.

A cheaper package from the Premier Entertainments company, including a night in a four-star hotel, is available for 269.

Callers today were told: "It's just about to be officially announced." Speculation had been mounting for some time that the band would get back together soon.

The three surviving members John Paul Jones, Robert Plant and Jimmy Page reunited at the Live Aid concert in Philadelphia in 1985 for a short set with Phil Collins as one of the stand-in drummers. The band's albums and song "Stairway to Heaven" have remained popular and a new best-of album is due this year.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=79869

Antman
08-31-2007, 09:47 PM
Stranger things have happened.

Terry
08-31-2007, 09:52 PM
Jason Bonham going to be hitting the skins for this one?

jharp84
08-31-2007, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Terry

Affirmative!! From what I've heard!!

jharp84
08-31-2007, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Antman
Stranger things have happened.

Like EVH/DLR or should I say DLR/EVH-AVH?:rolleyes:

jharp84
08-31-2007, 10:04 PM
If it happens! Due to November re-releases of "greatest hits/song remains the same!!! CASH - IN TIME!!! I'll be payin!!

Steve Savicki
08-31-2007, 10:22 PM
A tribute to John perhaps.

JohnnyGuitar69
08-31-2007, 10:30 PM

Yes.

Terry
09-01-2007, 05:58 PM
Would be interested to see clips of the London gig if/when it comes off...

While I'm still somewhat torn to a degree over actually trying to see Van Halen 2007 (am hoping for a Van Halen 2008 extension of Van Halen 2007, as they're not playing anywhere close to me this fall from what I've seen), and will probably scoop up an enhanced version of TSRTS dvd with additional footage, it's not imperative that I see a reformed 'Led Zeppelin' live.

However, their best bet if they decide to do so would be to have Jason Bonham on drums.

DLRISVH7884
09-01-2007, 07:32 PM
Any US shows or is it a one time deal?

chi-town324
09-01-2007, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by DLRISVH7884
Any US shows or is it a one time deal? my thoughts exactly

Viking
09-01-2007, 09:36 PM
Sweet Jesus. The thought of a Roth-fronted VH and a Zep reunion is making my dick hard. WOO-HOO! :killer:

DLRISVH7884
09-02-2007, 06:52 AM
Big year in Music, First you had The Police reunion, then Dave getting back in Van Halen, Now Led Zeppelin?

2007 is the year of the Reunion. :)

sadaist
09-02-2007, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by DLRISVH7884

2007 is the year of the Reunion. :)

Don't forget about Ratt. :)

Terry
09-02-2007, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by sadaist
Don't forget about Ratt. :)

Once Croucier decided not to bother, didn't care so much.

jharp84
09-02-2007, 02:33 PM
If Ratt opened for VH! That would be way cool!! Croucier or Not!

jharp84
09-02-2007, 02:35 PM
Would be interested to see clips of the London gig if/when it comes off...

While I'm still somewhat torn to a degree over actually trying to see Van Halen 2007 (am hoping for a Van Halen 2008 extension of Van Halen 2007, as they're not playing anywhere close to me this fall from what I've seen), and will probably scoop up an enhanced version of TSRTS dvd with additional footage, it's not imperative that I see a reformed 'Led Zeppelin' live.

However, their best bet if they decide to do so would be to have Jason Bonham on drums.

Terry - get up here to the Midwest in mid-oct. we will find you a ticket to one of the Chicago shows! Who knows what will happen in 2008!! See em now!

Bonzo1026
09-04-2007, 01:34 PM
Not happening. And why is everyone begging for Jason Bonham to play drums? Nostalgia? Did anyone see the Atlantic 40th Anniversary show or Page's Outrider tour in '88? He's really not all that. Don;t get me wrong, he's a good drummer but nearly as good as his Dad. He doesn't have the feel or pocket. Anyone can hit hard and do a whirlwind o' triplets. That's not all that John Bonham was about.

Terry
09-04-2007, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by jharp84
Terry - get up here to the Midwest in mid-oct. we will find you a ticket to one of the Chicago shows! Who knows what will happen in 2008!! See em now!

Would do it in a heartbeat, but got a new house I'm moving to in October, trip in November and all the usual monthly payouts...had the reunion happened, say, 11 years ago (like it SHOULD have - thanks a lot Smoking Loon!!) I would have chucked it all and couch-surfed my way to several gigs...

Man, when I was young, single, not tied down and had all that disposable income...now I gotta think about getting a second job or start jerking off to feed the cat I can't afford to buy.:D

Am gonna hang back in the pocket and see if any dates in Fla open up - perhaps hook up with some of the Florida Army brigade (good people).

Terry
09-04-2007, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Bonzo1026
Not happening. And why is everyone begging for Jason Bonham to play drums? Nostalgia? Did anyone see the Atlantic 40th Anniversary show or Page's Outrider tour in '88? He's really not all that. Don;t get me wrong, he's a good drummer but nearly as good as his Dad. He doesn't have the feel or pocket. Anyone can hit hard and do a whirlwind o' triplets. That's not all that John Bonham was about.

Nostalgia, sure. Also keeping it in the family. Thought Bonham did a decent job at the Atlantic gig in 1988 (better than either Page or Plant did).

Bonzo1026
09-05-2007, 09:23 AM
Nostalgia, sure. Also keeping it in the family. Thought Bonham did a decent job at the Atlantic gig in 1988 (better than either Page or Plant did).

I agree that he did do a good job. But he's not all that. Maybe now that he's grown up some. Yeah, Page sounded like he dipped his hands in orange juice and dried them with a blow dryer. From what I'm told he was liquored by the time they went on because he got there when told him to but they kept making them wait and wait and wait to go on. I saw it live on HBO and they did take forever to get them on.

HELL of a build up though!

Nickdfresh
09-05-2007, 12:33 PM
Led Zeppelin are definitely reforming says Robert Plant
http://static.nme.com/images/84_LedZeppelin_L150606_01.jpg
'We got a band meeting this afternoon' admits singer
3 hours ago

Led Zeppelin frontman Robert Plant has confirmed that the legendary rock band will be reuniting later this year.

A reunion has been strongly rumoured for the last week or so and today (September 5) the singer confirmed it's definitely on.

A fan who met Plant in London today contacted NME.COM explaining that the singer said he was on his way to meet bandmates Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones.

"How did you find out about this?" asked Plant when asked about the prospects of a reunion show by the autograph hunter. "Well we've got a band meeting about it this afternoon about it. There's not a lot to work out as it's only going to be one-off gig."

NME.COM has also learned from a music industry source that the show, possibly to take place in November at the 02 in London, will be a charity gig organised by promoter Harvey Goldsmith.

What do you think about the band getting back together? Have your say on MyNME below and the best comments will appear throughout the day, so keep checking.

In the meantime read NME.COM's brief history of Led Zeppelin. (http://www.nme.com/news/led-zeppelin/30855)

NME (http://www.nme.com/news/led-zeppelin/30908)

Bonzo1026
09-05-2007, 12:45 PM
Hoax. Plant doesn't tell fans anything. It's not on his site, nor the two reliable Zep news sites.

Plant hasn't talked to Page in over a year. No bad blood, just different directions.

Main reason this is a hoax? I have not been contacted by Bill Curbishley to play drums for it.......................

PHOENIX
09-05-2007, 07:38 PM
Hmm i'm gonna sticky this thread for now and see how this rumour goes.

Mr Badguy
09-06-2007, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by Viking
Sweet Jesus. The thought of a Roth-fronted VH and a Zep reunion is making my dick hard. WOO-HOO! :killer:

Not too hard I hope.

I remember the same reaction to the Ki$$ reunion and look how that ended (or didn`t end).

Shaun Ponsonby
09-06-2007, 01:56 PM
Well, nobody is saying it's not on...and the promoter (Harvey Goldsmith, who I'd expect them to use anyway) only said "make sure you don't get duped"...

Terry
09-06-2007, 09:17 PM
Seems like everytime 'Zep' has reunited for a one-off gig the results have been fairly underwhelming.

'Bout the only get-togethers that produced any kinda spark for me were when Page jumped up onstage at Knebworth 1990 for a run through of Wearing and Tearing with Plant's solo live band (who were EXCELLENT at the time), and the live work Plant and Page did together in the mid to latter part of the 1990s, which was interesting (and well rehearsed in advance).

Their performance for Zep's RnRHoF induction was so-so (that thing they did with Neil Young for what was ostensibly supposed to be When The Levee Breaks started out promising and ended up in a shambles).

chi-town324
09-08-2007, 05:19 PM
just seen it posted on Yahoo...must be true..no dates were announced though

DLR2007
09-08-2007, 05:58 PM
If you go to http://www.ledzeppelin.com/# it says November 13.

DLR2007
09-08-2007, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by chi-town324
just seen it posted on Yahoo...must be true..no dates were announced though Here's that yahoo article:

OK, moving on to happier stories, such as...dancing days are here again, because the three surviving members of Led Zeppelin are finally getting back together! Yep, hard rock fans still dazed and confused by recent news of the long-delayed Van Halen reunion have even more reason to celebrate, now that this even longer-delayed reunion is reportedly in the works. Incredibly, according to NME.com, frontman Robert Plant is in talks this week with fellow Led Zep legends Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones about a Zeppelin tour that'll hopefully kick off in London this November. Presumably late drummer John Bonham's son, Jason Bonham (last seen banging skins for celebreality band Damnocracy on VH1's Supergroup), will fill in behind the drumkit for the Zep trek; since Damnocracy mouthpiece Sebastian Bach is busy trying to launch a hip-hop career on MTV's Celebrity Rap Superstars (more on that HERE), we're guessing Damnocracy are on indefinite hiatus and Jason will therefore thankfully be free...

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/thatsreallyweek/1545/sept-2-10-death-taxeszeppelin

It says tour but I thought it was a one off gig?

DrMaddVibe
09-08-2007, 06:55 PM
Led Zeppelin are definitely reforming says Robert Plant

'We got a band meeting this afternoon' admits singer
05.Sep.07 12:16pm
Led Zeppelin frontman Robert Plant has confirmed that the legendary rock band will be reuniting later this year.

A reunion has been strongly rumoured for the last week or so and today (September 5) the singer confirmed it's definitely on.

A fan who met Plant in London today contacted NME.COM explaining that the singer said he was on his way to meet bandmates Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones.

"How did you find out about this?" asked Plant when asked about the prospects of a reunion show by the autograph hunter. "Well we've got a band meeting about it this afternoon about it. There's not a lot to work out as it's only going to be one-off gig."

NME.COM has also learned from a music industry source that the show, possibly to take place in November at the 02 in London, will be a charity gig organised by promoter Harvey Goldsmith.

What do you think about the band getting back together? Have your say on MyNME below and the best comments will appear throughout the day, so keep checking.

In the meantime read NME.COM's brief history of Led Zeppelin.

http://www.nme.com/news/led-zeppelin/30908

Bonzo1026
09-10-2007, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by DLR2007
If you go to http://www.ledzeppelin.com/# it says November 13.

November 13 is when the Best Of and the New SRTS dvd and soundtrack come out. If they were "meeting", it has to do with that. Same rumors happened back in 2003 when the DVD and CD came out.Rumors were that they were only gonna play NY and LA. That's where the DVD premieres were.

DrMaddVibe
09-10-2007, 08:40 PM

With the amount of money the Stones can still rake in, do you think that they will limit this to one show?

I'm thinking it'll be a larger version of what Cream pulled off.

Shaun Ponsonby
09-11-2007, 05:56 AM
November 13 is when the Best Of and the New SRTS dvd and soundtrack come out. If they were "meeting", it has to do with that. Same rumors happened back in 2003 when the DVD and CD came out.Rumors were that they were only gonna play NY and LA. That's where the DVD premieres were.

The difference this time is that nobody is saying no, not even Harvey Goldsmith, and this one is in London, which is the most likely place they'd do a one-ff gig like this.

Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
With the amount of money the Stones can still rake in, do you think that they will limit this to one show?

I'm thinking it'll be a larger version of what Cream pulled off.

I think it'll just be a one-off. It just seems to be the way they do things.

Mr Badguy
09-11-2007, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
I think it'll just be a one-off. It just seems to be the way they do things.

I agree.

Plant never does anything for long and he doesn`t care about the money.

Bonzo1026
09-11-2007, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Mr Badguy
I agree.

Plant never does anything for long and he doesn`t care about the money.

I agree. I think the Strange Sensation has run its course. I wasn't really impressed with them. I get tired of Plant trying to get so far removed from Zep. I understand his reasoning but he should just do nothing. If he released ANY of his post Zep songs without having been in Zep first, we wouldn't know his name. Someone should tell him that and just get Zep back together and make memorable music again. I keep hearing Dave Grohl's name come up. I seriously doubt he would get the nod. They're not going to pick some yankee that was pretty much part of a revolution to kill the rock star image and rock music. If he IS the one, I will sell every fucking piece of memorabilia I have. And since I'm a collector and the biggest Ledhed known to man there's a shitload. I have just about everything there is.

Hardrock69
09-11-2007, 12:55 PM
I agree. I saw Percy and the SS at the Ryman in 2005.

It was cool to see him, but damn, he needs to just shut the fuck up if he wants to change the original arrangements so much.
:rolleyes:

Bonzo1026
09-11-2007, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
I agree. I saw Percy and the SS at the Ryman in 2005.

It was cool to see him, but damn, he needs to just shut the fuck up if he wants to change the original arrangements so much.

I meant to add that as well. Just don't fuckin' play 'em. And the SS act they fuckin' wrote the songs. IMO, THAT ruins the Zep legacy more than the ORIGINAL members playing the songs. Plant can be an absolute twat sometimes.

rocknrolldork
09-11-2007, 02:52 PM
Hey Bonzo1026....... Since you dig Zep like that you should check out a band calld Dropsonic from Atlanta, GA. They are amazing and totally have the Zep feel.

Bonzo1026
09-11-2007, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by rocknrolldork
Hey Bonzo1026....... Since you dig Zep like that you should check out a band calld Dropsonic from Atlanta, GA. They are amazing and totally have the Zep feel.

Thanks, I will! I'll Google their asses now. Do you have any links or anything? I'd be interested in hearing them. I hope they're not friends of yours because if I think they suck, I don't usually pull punches. I played in a band years ago that had the same feel but the guitar player died at 21 of Hodgkins. I've been wanting to get into a Zep cover band in PA called Get The Led Out. The current guy is really great but IMO lacks the feel and groove.

rocknrolldork
09-11-2007, 03:21 PM
Thanks, I will! I'll Google their asses now. Do you have any links or anything? I'd be interested in hearing them. I hope they're not friends of yours because if I think they suck, I don't usually pull punches. I played in a band years ago that had the same feel but the guitar player died at 21 of Hodgkins. I've been wanting to get into a Zep cover band in PA called Get The Led Out. The current guy is really great but IMO lacks the feel and groove.

Not friends but I did 10 or 15 shows with them as a package deal. The vox are more their own thing than Plant-ish but the rest is there. They are a 3 piece that sound HUGE!!!!! There may be some video somewhere on iMEEM. I'm pretty sure their main site is www.dropsonic.com and willing to bet their myspace page is www.myspace.com/dropsonic. The wife and I are driving to Atlanta in November to see them. I know they'll be in Chicago, which is closer, in a couple weeks but it's on a Sunday night. Atlanta it is.

Shaun Ponsonby
09-12-2007, 08:28 AM
Press conference this afternoon.

Bonzo1026
09-12-2007, 08:56 AM
Press conference this afternoon.

11 a.m. EST. I'm still holding on to the fact that it has to do with the re-issues. It would be nice if I was wrong but I don't live in London anyway and won't be able to see the show so it doesn't matter. I guess it's about time they get a reunion over Merry ol'. The previous ones all happened in the U.S.

I still say fuck Jason Bonham. He's like the default drummer because of the name. I guarantee you he'll fuck it up(not in a good way).

Shaun Ponsonby
09-12-2007, 09:26 AM
I'm still holding on to the fact that it has to do with the re-issues.

I doubt they'd bother to call a press conference for reissues,

And Classic Rock Magazine's website is saying go to the site at 4pm (BST) today for s very special announcement.

I can't think of what else it could be.

And there is speculation that it's more of a warm up show for a possible 40th anniversary tour, but I can't really see that happening.

And, anyways, you just know this show is going out on DVD.

Shaun Ponsonby
09-12-2007, 11:05 AM
It's official

Led Zeppelin have confirmed they will re-form for a special show at London’s O2 arena on Monday, November 26.

Tickets cost £125 each and will be available 'by ballot'. More details as we have it.

The bill also includes Pete Townshend, Bill Wyman & The Rhythm Kings, Foreigner and Paolo Nutini.

Founding members Jimmy Page (guitar), Robert Plant (vocals) and John Paul Jones (bass) will be joined by Jason Bonham, son of the late John Bonham, on drums.

The one-off performance has just been announced via a handout given to attendees at a press conference in the Vue cinema at the O2 complex.

Singer Robert Plant reportedly let the cat out of the bag about the reunion last week. When asked by a fan whether the rumours about Zep re-forming were true, Plant explained that the band had had a meeting about the show on September 5. He also confirmed the reunion will be for one night only.

“There’s not a lot to work out as it’s only going to be one-off gig,” he explained.

Zep re-formed for Live Aid in 1985 with Phil Collins on drums. Page and Plant have played together sporadically since then. A further - brief - re-formation occurred at Atlantic Records' 40th anniversary bash in New York in 1988 with Jason Bonham on drums.

Three weeks prior to Zep's O2 show, Jimmy Page will be honoured as the Living Legend at the Classic Rock Roll Of Honour, Classic Rock magazine’s third annual award show. This year the awards will take place on Monday, November 5 at London’s prestigious Landmark Hotel.

Zep’s O2 show is being organised by legendary promoter Harvey Goldsmith.

Rumours of Zep’s reunion at the O2 have been circulating for some time. Recently several ticket sellers began advertising ticket and accommodation packages for prices between £250 and £350. At the time promoter Goldsmith denied that the tickets being sold were for a real event, but interestingly added the proviso that only ‘some’ of the dates announced were fabrications.

Apocalypso
09-12-2007, 12:19 PM
Here's that yahoo article:

(snip)

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/thatsreallyweek/1545/sept-2-10-death-taxeszeppelin

It is. They are only doing the one show as a benefit for the late Ahmet Ertegun(sp?) who supported them at Atlantic Records. The tickets are being sold through a mail order random lottery and are actually reasonably priced (for this kind of show) at around $250 US.

T.B.

Bonzo1026
09-12-2007, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Apocalypso
It is. They are only doing the one show as a benefit for the late Ahmet Ertegun(sp?) who supported them at Atlantic Records. The tickets are being sold through a mail order random lottery and are actually reasonably priced (for this kind of show) at around $250 US.

T.B.

I've been trying to get on the fucking site for an hour to register for tix. They should have known there would be traffic.

Bonzo1026
09-12-2007, 12:39 PM
I just got through to the website and entered my name. We'll see what happens. It's a lottery and you can only enter once.

BTW, I just went on ledzeppelin.com and got fuckin' CHILLS! Check it out.

TAKIN WHISKEY
09-12-2007, 01:38 PM
This is an oppertunity of a lifetime!! We'll have to keep our fingers crossed, in this lottery.

Bonzo1026
09-12-2007, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by TAKIN WHISKEY
This is an oppertunity of a lifetime!! We'll have to keep our fingers crossed, in this lottery.

Got my fingers, arms, legs, eyes, AND nuts crossed for this one! The site is crashing left and right. What did these assholes think was gonna happen?

ODShowtime
09-12-2007, 07:44 PM
This is worse than VH reuniting and not coming south of the carolinas.

I don't see why they'd spend so much time and money preparing without the US cash grab. That was always their MO.

Maybe they're planning DVD sales instead.

DrMaddVibe
09-12-2007, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
This is worse than VH reuniting and not coming south of the carolinas.

I don't see why they'd spend so much time and money preparing without the US cash grab. That was always their MO.

Maybe they're planning DVD sales instead.

They'll do this show and have a great time. The reviews will pour in and then it will sink in..."They like us, they REALLY REALLY like us" and then the promoters will go over the logistics of a US tour and they'll see what a cash cow this would be and they'll be flying on the plane again.

ARENA ROCK IS COMING BACK!

DEATH TO RAP!!!!!!!

chi-town324
09-12-2007, 09:16 PM
it should spawn more shows...maybe a summer tour of the US IN 2008...but ya never know....maybe it will be a one time shot

TAKIN WHISKEY
09-12-2007, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
They'll do this show and have a great time. The reviews will pour in and then it will sink in..."They like us, they REALLY REALLY like us" and then the promoters will go over the logistics of a US tour and they'll see what a cash cow this would be and they'll be flying on the plane again.

ARENA ROCK IS COMING BACK!

DEATH TO RAP!!!!!!!

Supposedly, back in 1990 Zep, with the same line up, was offered 300 million for a 50 date North American tour and turned it down. Plant, and I heard this on an interview , years ago said that the reason that HE decided not to join Jimmy and Jonsey, who were set to do it was because of the amount of money that certain people/corporate sponsors would make off the name Led Zeppelin. He said these people never had anything to do with the band or its rise , so why let them have a big payday. He also thought prior to this, back in 1986, just after the Live Aid 1985 reunion that it would hurt his solo career. I, IMHO think both excuses are lame. Sometimes, it's not about that BS, but rather about giving the people what they want, and also picking up a lottle bit of extra cash. What's wrong with that?

TAKIN WHISKEY
09-12-2007, 10:40 PM
These guys should really get a good idea about how many people still care about Zeppelin, just based on registration from this show alone. The name Led Zeppelin speaks volumes. I would have to imagine that they already know, and have known, that they could sell out stadiums around the world and make unlimited amounts of income. For whatever reasons, Robert, has always made excuses.

Roy Munson
09-12-2007, 10:45 PM
Tony Thompson was the best replacement for Bonzo, but sadly he is gone now.

Jason Bonham is ok, but I've never really thought that he had that feel.

One drummer that I think DOES have feel is Abe Cunningham of the Deftones. He could do it.

Besides these guys, I am the best man for the job. I could absolutely do it. Easy.

Maybe me and Bonzo can take turns?

TAKIN WHISKEY
09-12-2007, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Roy Munson

One drummer that I think DOES have feel is Abe Cunningham of the Deftones. He could do it.

Besides these guys, I am the best man for the job. I could absolutely do it. Easy.

How about Michael Lee? I thought he did exceptionally well with Page/Plant.

DlocRoth
09-12-2007, 10:56 PM
They WILL tour afterwards....

I got a guy. ;)

TAKIN WHISKEY
09-12-2007, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by DlocRoth
They WILL tour afterwards....

I got a guy. ;)

Dloc, you're not fuckin with us, are you? Do you really have a guy or is this just a gut feeling?

TAKIN WHISKEY
09-12-2007, 11:08 PM
Led Zeppelin 40th anniversary tour 2008?

Roy Munson
09-12-2007, 11:31 PM
How about Michael Lee? I thought he did exceptionally well with Page/Plant.

Yeah, he is good. He did a very good job with p/p. I like him better than Jason.

TAKIN WHISKEY
09-12-2007, 11:38 PM
Yeah, he is good. He did a very good job with p/p. I like him better than Jason.

Me too! I used to tell people that the reason for not getting together with JPJ was for a few different reasons. One, because if they did, there would be pressure to call it Led Zep and then they would have to use Jason Bonham instead of Michael Lee. Two, because Charlie Jones is Plants son in law. I still think Zep would be better off with Michael Lee. There is just no way of excluding Jason and calling it Zeppelin. Period.

bueno bob
09-13-2007, 12:50 AM
Am I the only one who's got absolutely ZERO interest in this?

;)

Tiki-Tom
09-13-2007, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob

;)

Nope, I'm right here with ya on this one. Personally never did get the hype behind them anyway. A few ok tunes but for the most part I could care less about em'.

bueno bob
09-13-2007, 01:16 AM
Yeah...I've got 2 burn CDs of the "hits" and rarely listen to any more than 3 or 4 of them, and even then I have to be in a certain mood to do it...

Well, fuck, now that Tommy Lee's quit Motley Crue, maybe they'll get him if Jason Bonham poops out...lmao...

Hardrock69
09-13-2007, 01:23 AM
I dig what they did.

And even though I have a ton of boots, I rarely listen to them anymore.

Tiki-Tom
09-13-2007, 01:32 AM
Well, fuck, now that Tommy Lee's quit Motley Crue, maybe they'll get him if Jason Bonham poops out...lmao...

What I wanna know is, It's been too quiet. Don't the people care? This is not a reunion because one important member is replaced with his kid...........................................

:lol:

MAPRamone
09-13-2007, 01:45 AM

;)

I love Led Zep but i couldn't are less either. Looking at the state of Page and Plant there's no way they can come close to their former selves. JPJ is by far the best preserved of the three IMO.

TAKIN WHISKEY
09-13-2007, 07:51 AM
There is still a huge interest in Zeppelin, world wide. Over 20 million people registered for tickets for this show within the first four hours. Incredible!

DlocRoth
09-13-2007, 09:07 AM
Dloc, you're not fuckin with us, are you? Do you really have a guy or is this just a gut feeling?

My "guy" aint shit. lmao

He's just a radio industry dude who thinks he knows everything. Don't tell him I said so, he gets me into every show that comes to town. lol

But I have hope and faith...and that aint just the names of two strippers from Albuquerque. ;)

katie
09-13-2007, 01:18 PM
I dig what they did.

And even though I have a ton of boots, I rarely listen to them anymore.

Ditto

Bonzo1026
09-13-2007, 01:25 PM
There is still a huge interest in Zeppelin, world wide. Over 20 million people registered for tickets for this show within the first four hours. Incredible!

88,000 people a minute and they're STILL crashing the sites.

Shaun Ponsonby
09-13-2007, 01:36 PM

;)

Not really...I just enjoy the speculation on things like this.

Very rarely listen to them. In fact, I listen to "Coverdale Page" more often.

Vinnie Velvet
09-13-2007, 01:52 PM
I love Zeppelin, however, I haven' listened to them in some time.

As far as this one-off gig goes -- I think Jason never could cop his dad's sound and feel on the drums.

There are better players out there that can do a pretty good Bonham.

Who knows, maybe Jason has gotten better at it.

Bonzo was such a huge part of the Zep sound (much like Eddie is to VH) that wihtout him, it was never really Zeppelin (as Plant himself has said on numerous occasions).

I don't expect a tour --- why now??? When it could've easily been done in 1988, 1990, or 1994.

ODShowtime
09-13-2007, 03:48 PM
Not really...I just enjoy the speculation on things like this.

Very rarely listen to them. In fact, I listen to "Coverdale Page" more often.

I've never heard anyone say that before! :confused:

Diamondjimi
09-13-2007, 09:09 PM

;)

You're not alone.

Could'nt care less!

Wawazat
09-14-2007, 03:09 AM
I'll try my luck

katie
09-14-2007, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by diamondjimi
You're not alone.

Could'nt care less!

http://www.stephaniepiro.com/loser%20geek%20small.jpg

Mr Badguy
09-14-2007, 08:50 AM
I`m not very excited rather than not caring.

It`s a bit like wheeling Muhammud Ali out for one last fight.

If you hadn`t done your job for 27 years do you think you could go back and do it as good as you did at the top of your game?

It`s the sad state of music today that people don`t want to let go of the past.

In 1970 noone wanted a band from the 40`s to reform.

Shaun Ponsonby
09-14-2007, 09:38 AM
What bands from the 40s?

Mr Badguy
09-14-2007, 12:46 PM
What bands from the 40s?

Whatever, George Formby, Glenn Miller and the like.

Yes, your Grandad would have spoken fondly about them but they wouldn`t be in a 1,000,000-1 ticket lottery in 1970.

The kids know that todays band are just rehashing what everyone did between the 60`s and the 80`s and that`s a sad state of affairs.

Rock is really dead as there are absolutley no contenders to Zeppelin or any of those bands in today`s music world.

chi-town324
09-15-2007, 02:39 PM
if it were 1996 it would be more excting...but if they come to the states i might check it out

Redballjets88
09-15-2007, 03:16 PM
fuck led zepplin

DLRdelight!
09-15-2007, 05:41 PM
fuck how did i not see this when i posted my thread about it lol

MAPRamone
09-16-2007, 03:10 AM
Well even if they tour, they won't come anywhere near Finland so it's purely theoretical for me anyway, but even if they did i wouldn't go. Plant's voice is shot, Bonham's dead and Page is not what he used to be.
The ticket prices would also be way too much for me. In fact i hope they won't tour. If they do this one gig, the story that they're doing it to honor Ertegun is credible. If they tour then it's just a cashgrab by three already very wealthy old men.

Terry
09-16-2007, 09:52 PM

;)

Wouldn't bother trying to get tix to see it live, even if they did come stateside with Jason Bonham on drums.

Have more interest in the revised/updated TSRTS dvd scheduled for release this fall than seeing creaky old Robert Plant warbling about wanting someone to squeeze his lemon due to the fact that he's a fool in the rain wanting a whole lotta love, and it's nobody's fault but his but he's sick again so give him a hot dog and all of your love...Plant's voice isn't up to it, and Page's playing even as far back as the Firm...well, suppose it was the after effects years long heroin binge, but even after he supposedly got clean in the early 1980s (which basically meant switching from heroin to cocaine), his playing has been erratic.

Shaun Ponsonby
09-17-2007, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by Mr Badguy
Whatever Glenn Miller and the like.

They'd have to find him first :D

BALLYJUNKIE
09-17-2007, 06:54 AM
DIDNT ANYONE SEE THE BIG REUNION IN 1970 OF THE ANDREW SISTERS AND TOMMY DORSEY AND HIS ORCHESTRA ..... THAT WAS THE BIGGEST SHOW OF THE YEAR !!!!

FORD
09-20-2007, 03:37 AM
Jason Bonham has been touring with the Foreigner tribute band lately. Does he remember how to actually PLAY drums like his old man?

Because he sure didn't have to do it with those top 40 pussies.

---------------------------------

As we last saw the 4 of them, 19 years ago......

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KfF14Vh-0Sw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KfF14Vh-0Sw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

FORD
09-20-2007, 03:45 AM

Dave Grohl would be a good fit. And he would jump at the chance if they ever asked him.

Bonzo1026
09-20-2007, 10:28 AM
FUCK DAVE GROHL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course he would jump at the chance. He's like grunge's version of Paul fuckin' Schaeffer. He would NOT be a good fit.

And who wouldn't jump at the chance if asked. I certainly would! And I can do it easily and better than Jason as well.

BrownSound1
09-21-2007, 12:17 AM
You know, under normal circumstances I would be ultra excited about Led Zeppelin doing a show. However, seems like another band has stolen the thunder for me. :D

I do hope that these guys play an unforgettable show. The last few "reunion" performances have been shaky at best. Hell if they can do it up to the level that Page and Plant were doing it in '98 then I would be happy.

SweetSecrets
09-21-2007, 08:36 AM
This seriously makes me so happy and so depressed at the same time. Zep is my favorite band of all time, and I can't be there.

Does anyone remember laughter?!

Does anyone remember Australia?!

MAPRamone
09-21-2007, 08:48 AM
I'm SSSUUUPEEEERRR excited about the new best of!!! We don't have enough of those...

TAKIN WHISKEY
09-25-2007, 01:45 PM
The Song Remains The Same in HD and surround sound, that IS something to be excited about. AND every time Zep comes out with a new best of, the sound gets better.

MAPRamone
09-25-2007, 03:08 PM
The Song Remains The Same in HD and surround sound, that IS something to be excited about. AND every time Zep comes out with a new best of, the sound gets better.

You're right, I actually AM genuinely excited about the reissue in HD with added tracks of TSRTS. But i definitely won't bother with the new best of.

TAKIN WHISKEY
09-26-2007, 01:40 PM
I kind of want to hear how good the sound quality is on the new best of. i anticipate that it will be the best yet.

TAKIN WHISKEY
10-01-2007, 01:15 PM
Today is the day that they announce the lottery winners. Come on baby, one time!

Shaun Ponsonby
10-02-2007, 06:32 AM
I don't fucking believe it.

My dad registered for tickets just for the hell of it (he can't afford to go or to get down to London anyways)...and out of 20 million people...he was picked.

Sod's law.

If he could afford to go he wouldn't be picked.

"Congratulations we are very pleased to be able to offer you tickets for the Ahmet Tribute concert at the O2 Arena in London on the 26th November 2007. Please read the below information carefully before you proceed to booking, by continuing to the booking page you are agreeing to all the below.

You have 72 hours to book and pay for your tickets.
Your individual passcode can only be used once and will be invalid after the deadline as mentioned above has passed.
NO tickets will be mailed out. All concert goers must pick up their tickets and non-transferable wristbands in advance of the show at the O2 Arena between 10am and 6pm on Sunday 25th November and between 10am and 6pm on Monday 26th November. To avoid long queues on the day of the show you are strongly urged to pick up your tickets and wristbands on Sunday 25th November or arrive as early as possible on Monday 26th November, please be aware that ticket collection will be busy at peak times and you should anticipate having to wait to be served.
To collect the tickets each original purchaser and the person accompanying them to the show must be present in order to pick up the tickets and wristbands. NO exceptions
Each original purchaser must provide the actual credit card used for the purchase along with valid state-issued PHOTO ID in order to receive the tickets and non-transferable wristbands. All wristbands will be fitted immediately.
There will be no exceptions to the above, no name changes or letters of authorisation will be accepted under any circumstances.
On the night of the show EVERYONE will be required to present BOTH the WRISTBAND and TICKET for entrance to the show. Wristbands must NOT be removed or tampered with prior to entering the show or your access will be refused. Original ticketholders must bring photo ID to the show as they may be required to present it upon entry to the venue.
The original conditions of sale will be enforced. These tickets are non-transferable and any resale will void the transaction without refund.
If you book the tickets and are unable to attend we will refund the face value of the tickets (£125 per ticket) if you contact us before the 20th October 2007. No refunds will be accepted after this date.
Customers with disabilities should forward this email and contact phone number to ticketing@theo2.co.uk to book accessible seating (subject to availability).
We are doing our best to keep the tickets for this event out of the hands of secondary ticket sellers and in the hands of the fans so please help us by adhering to the above.

[I've taken out the passcode etc]

Thank you for supporting the Ahmet Ertegun Education Fund we look forward to seeing you there! For more information and FAQ please go to www.ahmettribute.com

www.mothershipiscoming.com"

Hardrock69
10-05-2007, 11:24 AM
Well? Are you going to go?

Shaun Ponsonby
10-05-2007, 01:58 PM
He can't afford it.

£125 per ticket...then Ticketbastard have added an extra £12.50 per ticket booking fee...thats over £200...then there's the getting down to London...parking costs £20...he'll probably want a few drinks, so thats an overnight stop...he is technically disabled, so there's more money on disability shite...definatley can't afford it.

He won £900 on the Irish Lottery last month as well. He probably would have saved the money if he knew he'd be picked.

I think he's ran out of time to buy them anyway...you only had 72 hours.

I can't fucking believe that out of 20 million people he was picked. He's never picked for anything.

katie
10-10-2007, 05:56 PM
What a load of fucking bullshit!

katie
10-11-2007, 06:57 PM
Ebay Zep tickets -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Led-Zeppelin-at-the-02-1-x-seated-ticket_W0QQitemZ170156837646QQihZ007QQcategoryZ130 6QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1-x-LED-ZEPPELIN-SEATED-TICKET-02-LONDON-26-11-07_W0QQitemZ170156579605QQihZ007QQcategoryZ1306QQs sPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Panamark
10-14-2007, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by katie
Ebay Zep tickets -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Led-Zeppelin-at-the-02-1-x-seated-ticket_W0QQitemZ170156837646QQihZ007QQcategoryZ130 6QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1-x-LED-ZEPPELIN-SEATED-TICKET-02-LONDON-26-11-07_W0QQitemZ170156579605QQihZ007QQcategoryZ1306QQs sPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

KT, thats the same scalper on both those links..

900 pounds ?? Bonzo would have to appear with the
original Beatles as a support act for this punter...

Will wait until "if" they tour afterwards..
Fuck those prices, thats insane...

Shaun Ponsonby
10-14-2007, 11:21 AM
You wouldn't get in anyway...the person whose name was drawn has to present several forms of ID, this person + guest gets a wristband AND a ticket, both of which has to be presented along with the photo ID on entry to the venue.

So, unless the person is selling one ticket for their "guest" seat, there's no chance of getting in.

katie
10-14-2007, 12:23 PM

So, unless the person is selling one ticket for their "guest" seat, there's no chance of getting in.

That is what is happpening idiot.

So why didn't YOU raise the money for your Dad and yourself?

Second thoughts, don't answer that Ponsonby as it was all a load of bollocks that you wrote just to get some attention.

Sad but true

naturochem
10-18-2007, 09:24 PM
That is what is happpening idiot.

So why didn't YOU raise the money for your Dad and yourself?

Second thoughts, don't answer that Ponsonby as it was all a load of bollocks that you wrote just to get some attention.

Sad but true

http://spams-ukwildcatbasketball.com/attentiongirl.mbe.jpg

katie
10-19-2007, 04:18 AM
You can do better than that kid.

Come back when you have got your colors

Fucking Hells Angel wannabe

naturochem
10-19-2007, 05:22 AM
You can do better than that kid.

Come back when you have got your colors

Fucking Hells Angel wannabe

I was agreeing with your previous post...'ya dumb fuckin cunt! :confused:

Diamondjimi
10-19-2007, 07:29 PM
I smell fish !

katie
10-19-2007, 09:43 PM
Fucking hell a pretend hells angel that can't fucking read....

What next , Diamondthingy getting laid? :D

NEXT!

naturochem
10-19-2007, 10:08 PM
Fucking hell a pretend hells angel that can't fucking read....

What next , Diamondthingy getting laid? :D

NEXT!
Whoa... you blow your father with that mouth??

The only pretend thing around here is a fuckin mangy old twat, assuming the identity of a bitch!!
http://m90.org/gallery/image/twat.jpg

Diamondjimi
10-19-2007, 11:35 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/Federaljim/katietroll.jpg

Katie wants my kakk !

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/Federaljim/Fluffer.gif

katie
10-20-2007, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by naturochem

http://m90.org/gallery/image/twat.jpg

Fucking hell naturochem you are an ugly cunt.

NEXT!

naturochem
10-21-2007, 04:03 AM
Fucking hell naturochem you are an ugly cunt.

NEXT!

How creative, Shaun/Tracy/Kuntie or whomever you are aliasing today...
I expected much more...

D-

http://bluedirtstudios.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/dumbass.jpg

katie
10-21-2007, 01:45 PM
oh dear naturochem, oh dear....

Shaun Ponsonby
10-22-2007, 04:39 AM
Katie...I get the strange feeling you don't believe me.

If my dad can't afford it, why do you think that I, an unemployed student, would be able to afford it?

I probably wouldn't have gone anyway, cos I don't really like Led Zeppelin, and there's millions of people out there who would have liked to have been there a helluva lot more than I do (in fact, I would have been more interested in seeing Pete Townshend's solo set). So no way would I pay in total of around £300 to see them. Charity or no charity.

Do you really think I have the time or level of boredom to sit there and write a fake email, complete with fake terms and conditions?

And why would I want attention over the internet from people I don't, and never will, really know?

Of course, if you want the interweb address from which you buy tickets from, it's http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/pre_sale/pn2hgl.html?camefrom=CFC_UK_MU1436_WEBLINK and my dad's passcode was 74LXL5.

It doesn't matter now anyways, looks as if they're sold out.

naturochem
10-22-2007, 04:50 AM

Why do you give a fuck what some old slag believes??

Shaun Ponsonby
10-22-2007, 05:25 AM
You know...I don't know...

I suppose it's in my nature...I don't like being reffered to as a liar and attention whore (at least when I'm not lying or attention whoring).

naturochem
10-22-2007, 05:47 AM
You know...I don't know...

I suppose it's in my nature...I don't like being reffered to as a liar and attention whore (at least when I'm not lying or attention whoring).

Hey, fuck 'em all right in the fuckin' neck (or in "Kuntie's" case...up her old, dimpled ass, with half-a-can o' Crisco..)!!

http://www.cuoca.co.jp/sugar/images/shohin/criscoS1.jpg

katie
10-22-2007, 06:54 PM

If my dad can't afford it, why do you think that I, an unemployed student, would be able to afford it?

I probably wouldn't have gone anyway, cos I don't really like Led Zeppelin, and there's millions of people out there who would have liked to have been there a helluva lot more than I do (in fact, I would have been more interested in seeing Pete Townshend's solo set). So no way would I pay in total of around £300 to see them. Charity or no charity.

Do you really think I have the time or level of boredom to sit there and write a fake email, complete with fake terms and conditions?

And why would I want attention over the internet from people I don't, and never will, really know?

Of course, if you want the interweb address from which you buy tickets from, it's http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/pre_sale/pn2hgl.html?camefrom=CFC_UK_MU1436_WEBLINK and my dad's passcode was 74LXL5.

It doesn't matter now anyways, looks as if they're sold out.

http://www.chicagorooter.com/BABY_CRYING.gif

Shaun please stop crying!
Calm down & take your junior disprin

katie
10-22-2007, 06:56 PM
Why do you give a fuck what some old slag believes??

Oh dear, yet another wannabe

NEXT! :D

naturochem
10-22-2007, 07:10 PM
Oh dear, yet another wannabe

NEXT! :D
You know you liked that one!

We've got Crisco....

Diamondjimi
10-22-2007, 07:20 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/Federaljim/katietroll.jpg

Katie wants my kakk !

She suuure does...

She pleasures herself to my post's !

True story!:D

naturochem
10-22-2007, 11:13 PM
She suuure does...

She pleasures herself to my post's !

True story!:D

I've no doubt!!

Is that "Betty" from "Freddy got Fingered"??

Diamondjimi
10-23-2007, 12:12 AM
I've no doubt!!

Is that "Betty" from "Freddy got Fingered"??

No ,it's Kuntie giving me the "hi" sign !;)

:D

naturochem
10-23-2007, 12:50 AM
No ,it's Kuntie giving me the "hi" sign !;)

oh, followed by http://smiliestation.de/smileys/Sex/30.gif & http://smiliestation.de/smileys/Sex/29.gif

katie
10-23-2007, 04:14 AM
Come back when your balls have dropped boys :D

naturochem
10-23-2007, 04:42 AM

http://fogiesfollies.com/archives/2005/01/images/050111_balls_dropped.JPG

Diamondjimi
10-23-2007, 08:49 AM
Attention Sushifolds, PLEASE put me on your ignore list !

katie
10-23-2007, 05:28 PM

That sounds lame

naturochem
10-23-2007, 11:32 PM
Careful....

http://packy.dardan.com/walky/albums/album11/akt.thumb.jpg

Diamondjimi
10-24-2007, 01:35 AM
Eeek !

http://www.reelmanagement.com/pages/headshots/alexisarquette.jpg

katie
10-24-2007, 08:10 AM
I'm a hells angel - look at my sig motherfuckers,

http://www.kansasoz.com/infocowardlylion.jpg

naturochem is my new bestest friend

http://images.movieeye.com/store/images/judy-garland-as-dorothy-gale-from-the-wizard-of-oz-celebrity-photo.jpg

naturochem
10-24-2007, 08:22 AM
I suck anonymous cock in jolly England public parks!!
http://packy.dardan.com/walky/albums/album11/aao.thumb.jpg

katie
10-24-2007, 11:44 AM
naturochem I don't care whos cock you suck.
Just don't brag about it on the board OK

ace diamond
10-24-2007, 05:14 PM
katie......come on over here........leave these guys alone.......i'll give you a right shagging. it would be my honour.

katie
10-24-2007, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by ace diamond
katie......come on over here........leave these guys alone.......i'll give you a right shagging. it would be my honour.

Get your coch out then

ace diamond
10-24-2007, 05:36 PM
Get your coch out then

ok.......hop on

Diamondjimi
10-24-2007, 07:09 PM
Ahahaha , Kuntie using Golden Awe-ism's in her post's. :lol:

The bitch got no game. Maybe vaginal warts , but no game !

:monekyl: http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/avatar.php?userid=9728&dateline=1182208044:monekyr:

ace diamond
10-24-2007, 07:21 PM
Get your coch out then

<embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" xsrc="http://flash.revver.com/player/1.0/player.swf" mce_src="http://flash.revver.com/player/1.0/player.swf" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" scale="noScale" salign="TL" bgcolor="#000000" flashvars="mediaId=114782&affiliateId=42955&allowFullScreen=true" allowfullscreen="true" height="392" width="480"></embed></p>
<p>

ace diamond
10-24-2007, 07:30 PM
<embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" xsrc="http://flash.revver.com/player/1.0/player.swf" mce_src="http://flash.revver.com/player/1.0/player.swf" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" scale="noScale" salign="TL" bgcolor="#000000" flashvars="mediaId=114782&affiliateId=42955&allowFullScreen=true" allowfullscreen="true" height="392" width="480"></embed></p>

ace diamond
10-24-2007, 07:32 PM
fuck it won't work

ace diamond
10-24-2007, 07:34 PM
http://www.carniesmovie.com/downloads.htm

here is a link

katie
10-25-2007, 06:24 AM
Diamondthingy = 5150 time

I love the way that you are so obsessed with me.

Keep it up kid

x

Terry
10-25-2007, 10:23 PM
Saw a promo on VH1 Classic for some Win A Trip Contest to see the Zep show in England, and realized I really don't have much interest in this because my expectation level for these old geezers is zero.

eddie78
10-25-2007, 10:37 PM

I said it before & i'll say it again, mates...

Katie fucking rules!

Panamark
10-25-2007, 11:03 PM
Eeek !

http://www.reelmanagement.com/pages/headshots/alexisarquette.jpg

When did Steven Tyler go blonde ?

ace diamond
10-26-2007, 01:08 AM
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

naturochem
10-26-2007, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
The resemblance IS slightly uncanny... :eek:

naturochem
10-26-2007, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by eddie78
I said it before & i'll say it again, mates...

Katie fucking rules!
Rules what? DJ's "KAAK"??

That so jimi??

Diamondjimi
10-26-2007, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by Panamark

Diamondjimi
10-26-2007, 02:09 AM
Rules what? DJ's "KAAK"??

That so jimi??

She hungers for da kakk !

Douglas T.
11-01-2007, 06:24 PM
What Jimmy Page broke his finger? That's what I heard?!

Douglas T.
11-01-2007, 06:29 PM
Led Zeppelin Reunion Postponed After Jimmy Page Breaks Finger!
Rolling Stone is reporting that the huge November 26th reunion of surviving Led Zeppelin members has to postponed because guitarist Jimmy Page has fractured his finger.

So after a million people entered the ticket lottery, praying they would be given the chance to fork out thousands of dollars to fly in from all over the world, get a hotel in London, etc....plans must change.

Luckily, the concert won't be cancelled, just postponed. Instead of November 26th, the big show will now commence on December 10th.

Apparently, Page can't play for three weeks. In a statement, the guitar god said: "I am disappointed that we are forced to postpone the concert by two weeks. However, Led Zeppelin have always set very high standards for ourselves, and we feel that this postponement will enable my injury to properly heal, and permit us to perform at the level that both the band and our fans have always been accustomed to."

If you were one of the few and lucky to get tickets, rest assured that they will be honored on the rescheduled date. If you're not THAT lucky and won't be able to attend on the new date, refunds will be given.

Rolling Stone reporter Andy Greene also included the tidbit that Page had a similar injury in 1975 when he jammed his finger in a train door but still played without cancellation. But that was when the band was playing constantly (and young bones heal quicker!) That, plus the fact that it's been so very long since the band played together, we can all understand that Page - the notorious perfectionist - would want to be in top form for such an important gig.

http://whtq.com/music/zep_postponed.html

Reminds me of someone else who missed an important appearance!

ODShowtime
11-01-2007, 07:14 PM
you gotta be fuckin kidding me...

oh my god it's true

www.ledzeppelin.com

AHMET ERTEGUN TRIBUTE CONCERT POSTPONED UNTIL DECEMBER 10th
Led Zeppelin Guitarist Jimmy Page Fractures Finger

The Ahmet Ertegun Tribute Concert, originally scheduled for Monday, November 26th and featuring Led Zeppelin, Bill Wyman and the Rhythm Kings, Paul Rogers, Paolo Nutini, and Foreigner has been postponed until December 10th due to Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page fracturing his finger.

The injury to Pages finger, which was sustained this past weekend, will not allow him to play guitar for 3 weeks.

The specialist treating Mr. Page said, I have examined the fracture to Mr. Pages finger, and it is my opinion that with proper rest and treatment, he will be ready to resume rehearsing in three weeks time, and thus able to perform on December 10.

Jimmy Page added, I am disappointed that we are forced to postpone the concert by two weeks. However, Led Zeppelin have always set very high standards for ourselves, and we feel that this postponement will enable my injury to properly heal, and permit us to perform at the level that both the band and our fans have always been accustomed to.

that totally sucks ass

Vanessa
11-01-2007, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Douglas T.
Led Zeppelin Reunion Postponed After Jimmy Page Breaks Finger!
Rolling Stone is reporting that the huge November 26th reunion of surviving Led Zeppelin members has to postponed because guitarist Jimmy Page has fractured his finger.

So after a million people entered the ticket lottery, praying they would be given the chance to fork out thousands of dollars to fly in from all over the world, get a hotel in London, etc....plans must change.

Luckily, the concert won't be cancelled, just postponed. Instead of November 26th, the big show will now commence on December 10th.

Apparently, Page can't play for three weeks. In a statement, the guitar god said: "I am disappointed that we are forced to postpone the concert by two weeks. However, Led Zeppelin have always set very high standards for ourselves, and we feel that this postponement will enable my injury to properly heal, and permit us to perform at the level that both the band and our fans have always been accustomed to."

If you were one of the few and lucky to get tickets, rest assured that they will be honored on the rescheduled date. If you're not THAT lucky and won't be able to attend on the new date, refunds will be given.

Rolling Stone reporter Andy Greene also included the tidbit that Page had a similar injury in 1975 when he jammed his finger in a train door but still played without cancellation. But that was when the band was playing constantly (and young bones heal quicker!) That, plus the fact that it's been so very long since the band played together, we can all understand that Page - the notorious perfectionist - would want to be in top form for such an important gig.

http://whtq.com/music/zep_postponed.html

Reminds me of someone else who missed an important appearance!

:rolleyes: it was a matter of time before it all came down

Nickdfresh
11-01-2007, 08:41 PM
I wonder if he jammed it into a 13 year old?

Douglas T.
11-01-2007, 09:17 PM
Maybe his black magic can fix it!

Shaun Ponsonby
11-02-2007, 08:38 AM
HA!

It'll be OK...

Panamark
11-07-2007, 04:56 AM
Time to pull out the violin bow !!

Shaun Ponsonby
11-07-2007, 12:21 PM
Have you heard how he did it?

It's such a disappointing story.

He just fell over in his back yard.

I was hoping it would be something along the lines of a Tolkein-esque adverture.

Panamark
11-08-2007, 06:03 AM
He was using his index finger as a divining rod to locate
crowley's body !!!

Shaun Ponsonby
11-11-2007, 02:52 PM
Thats a better story...

Terry
11-11-2007, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
I wonder if he jammed it into a 13 year old?

Pagey's still buggering daft teenage runaways, eh?

naturochem
11-11-2007, 08:24 PM
Have I missed something about Jimmyboy & adolescents??

Nitro Express
11-11-2007, 08:29 PM
More geriatric rockstars out on the money grab.

Nitro Express
11-11-2007, 08:32 PM
Yes Jimmy. Those high high Led Zeppelin standards are why I have to purposely play sloppy to get your guitar sound. :D

Terry
11-11-2007, 09:59 PM
Too much hype over this gig.

Plant has said it's only gonna be a one-shot deal, with (as far as he's concerned) no tour to follow.

Page breaking a finger isn't a great sign.

I mean, this isn't gonna be the second coming of Zep. Best one can hope for is that they put a GREAT DEAL of rehearsal time into it, a la 1994's UnLedded and the tour that followed, where the results were good. The slapdash nature of preparation for the 1985, 1988 and 1996 appearances resulted in underwhelming results.

Of course I'll be interested to see what they do in terms of material selected and how it comes out, but it ain't gonna be the best stuff they ever did.

Plus, Plant looks old, bloated and weird.

Vinnie Velvet
11-13-2007, 01:34 PM
Page actuallly wants to do a full tour AND possibly a new Zeppelin album.

What does everyone think about that??

I haven't heard Bonzo's son these days --- and am curious if he can bring the feel and vibe of his dad's style to his playing.

I don't know.

Part of me is somewhat excited about further "Zeppelin" shows and the other part of me just wishes that they never brought it back up again.

I find it strange that after all these years (27 and counting), that they decided, even for a one-off show, to actually bill themselves as 'LED ZEPPELIN', because on all accounts that band pretty much died when Bonzo choked on his own vomit.

The band members even knew it then.

So why now?

Nickdfresh
11-13-2007, 03:00 PM
Have you heard how he did it?

It's such a disappointing story.

He just fell over in his back yard.

I was hoping it would be something along the lines of a Tolkein-esque adverture.

Jimmi Pages backyard might qualify actually...

Maybe he was doing incantations?

Terry
11-13-2007, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
Page actuallly wants to do a full tour AND possibly a new Zeppelin album.

What does everyone think about that??

I haven't heard Bonzo's son these days --- and am curious if he can bring the feel and vibe of his dad's style to his playing.

I don't know.

Part of me is somewhat excited about further "Zeppelin" shows and the other part of me just wishes that they never brought it back up again.

I find it strange that after all these years (27 and counting), that they decided, even for a one-off show, to actually bill themselves as 'LED ZEPPELIN', because on all accounts that band pretty much died when Bonzo choked on his own vomit.

The band members even knew it then.

So why now?

They can leave 'Led Zeppelin' where it is, which was dead and buried the day Bonzo died.

Far as I see it, anyway.

Am sure there are many who want to see them give it another shot, but it matters not to me if they ever do or not.

On the other hand, if they're gonna do it, they may as well make a full tour of it and rehearse their creaky old asses off for it. THAT way a number of the performances will actually turn out good. I say this because they have an abysmal history post-1980 with these one-off reunion sets.

Long as they have Plant, Jones, Page and Jason Bonham, THAT can be called Led Zeppelin with a degree of validity. If Page and Plant start playing musical chairs with the bass and drum slots and still call it Led Zeppelin, fuck 'em.

Vinnie Velvet
11-14-2007, 10:13 AM
My guess is that if there is a tour or an album, you get bet yo ass that Bonzo Jr. will be on the skins.

IF there is a tour, what sort of set list would some of yous be interested in hearing??

I'd go with something like this:

Rock and Roll
Communication Breakdown
Nobody's Fault But Mine
Black Dog
Immigrant Song
No Quarter
Since I've Been Loving You
The Song Remains The Same
Going to California
Trampled Underfoot
Misty Mountain Hop
In the Evening
Over the Hills and Far Away
Stairway to Heaven
Houses of the Holy
Dazed and Confused
Kashmir
Whole Lotta Love

I'd say 18 songs, keeping in mind Pagey's 62 year old fingers and Plant's 59 year old voice. :D

Hardrock69
11-15-2007, 03:20 PM
Two Zeppelin tickets make $170,000 in charity sale

LONDON (Reuters) - A man from Glasgow paid 83,000 pounds ($170,000) for a pair of tickets to a one-off Led Zeppelin reunion gig in London on December 10, according to the BBC which organized the charity auction.

Kenneth Donell was the winner of Thursday's sale held by radio host Terry Wogan for the Children in Need charity. Over the last four days, the auction has raised 894,000 pounds, the BBC added.

Several million fans tried to buy tickets to the Led Zeppelin reunion gig at London's O2 arena, which had to be postponed after guitarist Jimmy Page broke a finger.

The tickets went on sale at 125 pounds each, although they are trading at several times that on the online auction site www.ebay.co.uk.

In addition to watching the concert, Donell will also be allowed to watch Led Zeppelin rehearse the day before and take home a signed memento from the 1970s rockers.

On Wednesday, Martin Ainscough from Wigan paid 250,000 pounds to have Aled Jones and Katie Melua perform a private gig in Manchester.

The Children in Need charity initiative culminates with a fundraising television show on Friday.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071115/music_nm/britain_zeppelin_tickets_dc

naturochem
11-15-2007, 04:37 PM
On Wednesday, Martin Ainscough from Wigan paid 250,000 pounds to have Aled Jones and Katie Melua perform a private gig in Manchester.

who? :confused:

Hardrock69
11-15-2007, 09:00 PM
Hmm I did not pay attention to that bit.

And rightly so.

Never heard of them.

naturochem
11-15-2007, 09:12 PM
That's alot of fuckin quid!!

Shaun Ponsonby
11-16-2007, 01:26 PM
Hmm I did not pay attention to that bit.

And rightly so.

Never heard of them.

Aled Jones-Welsh guy with no testicles who sang "We're Walking In The Air" when he was about 6.

Katie Melua-Shit...like Norah Jones and whatever...

katie
11-18-2007, 05:53 PM
Two Zeppelin tickets make $170,000 in charity sale

LONDON (Reuters) - A man from Glasgow paid 83,000 pounds ($170,000) for a pair of tickets to a one-off Led Zeppelin reunion gig in London on December 10, according to the BBC which organized the charity auction.

Kenneth Donell was the winner of Thursday's sale held by radio host Terry Wogan for the Children in Need charity. Over the last four days, the auction has raised 894,000 pounds, the BBC added.

Several million fans tried to buy tickets to the Led Zeppelin reunion gig at London's O2 arena, which had to be postponed after guitarist Jimmy Page broke a finger.

The tickets went on sale at 125 pounds each, although they are trading at several times that on the online auction site www.ebay.co.uk.

In addition to watching the concert, Donell will also be allowed to watch Led Zeppelin rehearse the day before and take home a signed memento from the 1970s rockers.

The Children in Need charity initiative culminates with a fundraising television show on Friday.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071115/music_nm/britain_zeppelin_tickets_dc

And Shaun Ponsonby is the idiot who turned down two 125 tickets

Legend!

DrMaddVibe
11-21-2007, 06:02 AM
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1574740/20071120/led_zeppelin.jhtml

Nov 20 2007 3:04 PM EST
Led Zeppelin To Tour In 2008 -- With The Cult?
Cult singer announces that band is opening tour for Zeppelin -- during club show in Cincinnati! -- reps for both bands offer no comment.
By Gil Kaufman

CINCINNATI It was one of those moments where all you can do is look at the guy next to you and wonder, "Did he really just say that?"

Is it possible that Ian Astbury, lead singer of '80s rock powerhouse the Cult, spilled the beans on the biggest secret in rock during a club show in Cincinnati?

"We'll be back next year," a breathless Astbury said midway through the band's gig at Bogart's nightclub Saturday night. "Because we're opening for a band you may have heard of ... the name starts with an 'L' and has a 'Z' in it." Stunned looks bounced around the room until one sweat-drenched superfan shouted out the obvious: "Led Zeppelin!" Astbury, his eyes hidden behind dark shades, nodded affirmatively and stuck his hand in the air triumphantly before plowing into one of the band's signature Zeppelinesque rockers.

When asked about Astbury's seeming confirmation of the world tour, spokespeople for the Cult and Zeppelin both declined to comment. Zeppelin's spokesperson added that no decision has been made on any Led Zeppelin tour and the band is focusing on its appearance at the Ahmet Ertegun tribute concert in London on December 10; a Cult spokesperson declined to answer questions about Astbury's comment.

It's no secret that the three living members of Zeppelin singer Robert Plant, guitarist Jimmy Page and long-estranged bassist John Paul Jones will be performing together for the first time in many years at the December 10 show, which celebrates their mentor, late Atlantic Records founder Ahmet Ertegun. But so far, despite breathless speculation, the one-off gig which was recently rescheduled from its original November 26 date after Page injured his finger is the only official reunion show the trio has planned.

Spokespeople for the legendary group, who will perform with Jason Bonham, the son of late drummer John Bonham, have batted down rumors of a full-blown world tour and as recently as last month, Plant said it was not in the cards. But Page suggested in an recent Guitar World magazine article that playing just one show would be foolish. "It's a bit silly not to because there is such massive demand," Page told the magazine. "It's a bit selfish to do just one show. If that's it, we probably shouldn't have taken the genie out of the bottle."

The group originally disbanded after John Bonham's death from alcohol poisoning in 1980. Plant, Page and Jones performed at Live Aid in 1985 (with Phil Collins and Chic's Tony Thompson tag-teaming on drums) and at the Atlantic Records 40th anniversary show in 1988 with Jason Bonham; they also performed at Jason's wedding. Page and Plant joined forces for two albums and a world tour in the mid-'90s and have performed together sporadically over the years.

Whether or not Astbury was speaking out of turn, the choice of the Cult as a potential opening act would make sense stylistically given the huge debt the British band owes to Zeppelin but perhaps less so given the band's lower profile in recent years.

It has been a hectic time in Zeppelinland lately, with a new two-disc best-of collection, Mothership, in stores last week, a recently launched all-Zeppelin XM satellite radio channel and the digital release of the band's catalog earlier this month, as well as the launch on Tuesday of the official ledzeppelin.com website.

Additionally, Page revealed in a recent Reuters interview that the group has plans to uncork a never-before-performed live song during the O2 show, though he would not specify what the "really intense" track would be. He also recently told the BBC that the group met in private for some practice sessions before committing to the reunion gig to make sure they were on the same page. "We wanted to see how well we'd be playing together, and once we played it was without doubt we wanted to do it," he said.

For more sights and stories from concerts around the country, check out MTV News Tour Reports.

ODShowtime
11-21-2007, 07:49 AM
I can't wait to watch the new DVD tonight.

It's always a special time when there's a new Led Zeppelin product in the store to be purchased. It's always a short time period. Too bad I can't take the day off like I did when the DVD was released. Oh well, I have tomorrow off.

Nickdfresh
12-02-2007, 06:35 PM
LED ZEPPELIN Says JASON BONHAM Is More Than Pulling His Weight For Upcoming Reunion Gig - Dec. 1, 2007
The Pulse of Radio reports: According to LED ZEPPELIN, the main reason for their upcoming reunion concert in London is to make up for several slipshod, unrehearsed reunion sets that they've played over the past three decades. In the new issue of Rolling Stone, which features surviving members Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, and John Paul Jones on the cover, the group salutes Jason Bonham, who'll be filling in for his late father John Bonham on drums at the upcoming gig.

Bonham, who now drums for FOREIGNER, says that he feels a duty to pay tribute to his dad, as well as to make up for what he felt was a lazy performance on his part during ZEPPELIN's 1988 set at the Atlantic Records 40th Anniversary Concert in New York City. Bonham says that he was too young to properly rise to the occasion of filling his father's shoes that night, recalling, "I took it for granted. I expected it and didn't do my homework."

Plant agrees with Bonham: "When Jason was younger and more juvenile, he thought (playing in ZEPPELIN) was a hereditary situation. But now, Jason knows that not only is he the right guy for this — with his enthusiasm and prowess, he's changing it."

John Paul Jones says that nearly 20 years after their last prolonged set together, Bonham has more than done his homework: "Jason has an encyclopedic recall of every live bootleg and studio outtake... Jason will go, 'In 1971, you did it this way, and in 1973, at so-and-so auditorium, you did it this way into that."

Page added that, "Jason knows the numbers. But not only that, he understands them. That makes a lot of difference."

The 100-minute plus set will not only feature such ZEPPELIN classics as "Whole Lotta Love", "Dazed And Confused", and "No Quarter", but also rarities as well. The band has been rehearsing "For Your Life", an album track from the band's 1976 album "Presence" that they have never before played live.

Despite numerous rumors that the band is plotting a 2008 tour, so far they are only booked to play one night, on December 10 at London's O2 Arena, at a tribute to Atlantic Records co-founder Ahmet Ertegun.

MTV.com reported that earlier this month THE CULT frontman Ian Astbury told a Cincinnati audience, "We'll be back next year, because we're opening for a band you may have heard of... the name starts with an 'L'and has a 'Z' in it." When an audience member called out "LED ZEPPELIN!" Astbury nodded and raised his fist in the air.

The most consistent rumor circulating regarding a ZEPPELIN tour is that Plant is waiting to see how well the band performs at the London gig before committing to any future concerts. He is also planning on performing solo dates with Alison Krauss behind their new album "Raising Sand", as well as plotting a new studio album with T-Bone Burnett.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=85967

DrMaddVibe
12-05-2007, 06:30 PM
http://photobucket.com/albums/y117/ledzeppelinorg1/images/news/rs20071213-cover.jpg

ODShowtime
12-06-2007, 08:46 PM
That Rolling Stone just landed in my mailbox today. Sweet. It's a lot better than reading about peres hilton or other such nonsense.

Nickdfresh
12-07-2007, 12:28 AM
Is it me, or does Jimmy Page look like he's auditioning for the part of Ben Franklin in "1776?"

DrMaddVibe
12-07-2007, 06:44 AM
At least Jimmy knows what to do with electricity!

http://www.lacoctelera.com/myfiles/eclipse/page73.jpg

DLR'sCock
12-10-2007, 03:25 PM
Within the hour or so Led Zeppelin will take the stage in London!!!

DrMaddVibe
12-10-2007, 05:26 PM
HAMMER OF THE GODS!!!!!

Shaun Ponsonby
12-10-2007, 05:41 PM
Where?

katie
12-10-2007, 06:06 PM
Support act is looking good.

Deep throat

<object height="344" width="434"><param name="movie" value="http://embed.redtube.com/player/"><param name="FlashVars" value="id=7784&style=redtube"><embed src="http://embed.redtube.com/player/?id=7784&style=redtube" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="344" width="434"></object>

Nickdfresh
12-10-2007, 06:57 PM
More here:

http://www.nme.com/news/led-zeppelin/33075

katie
12-10-2007, 07:13 PM
Snippet of Black Dog - BBC news

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xv-lW7K66M0&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xv-lW7K66M0&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Shaun Ponsonby
12-10-2007, 07:13 PM
The NME?

The enemy.

Shaun Ponsonby
12-10-2007, 08:09 PM
Set List

Good Times Bad Times
Ramble On
Black Dog
In My Time Of Dying
For Your Life
Trampled Under Foot
Nobody's Fault But Mine
No Quarter
Since I've Been Loving You
Dazed And Confused
Stairway To Heaven
The Song Remains The Same
Misty Mountain Hop
Kashmir

Encore:

Whole Lotta Love
Rock And Roll

DLR'sCock
12-10-2007, 10:02 PM
LINK you fuckers (http://search.redlasso.com/ClipPlayer.aspx?id=3378a022-37b5-4090-b868-0de10d3da74e)

more footage at this link

Matt White
12-10-2007, 10:17 PM
PHotos

http://www.aolcdn.com/aolnews_photos/06/05/20071210171909990003

Matt White
12-10-2007, 10:18 PM
http://www.aolcdn.com/aolnews_photos/00/05/20071210182109990001

http://www.aolcdn.com/aolnews_photos/0b/07/20071210182409990026

diamondD
12-10-2007, 10:34 PM
Gotta be a dvd of this in the future. I saw Page Plant 3x and that looks more like Zeppelin than they ever did. You gotta have JPJ to make it explode.

DrMaddVibe
12-11-2007, 05:17 AM
http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00402/snn1107lz682_402646a.jpg

By PETE SAMSON Published: Today

MOST modern number one hits could fit into one of their guitar solos.
LED ZEPPELIN returned to the stage last night with their first full set in 19 years and younger members of the crowd had heard nothing like it.

Manufactured pop is ruling the charts and young music fans are an impatient sort.

Maybe thats why the bars at the O2 Arena in Greenwich filled during some of the bands winding rock epics.

But their classics proved music doesnt rock like it used to.

Tracks like Whole Lotta Love and Stairway to Heaven had every one of the fans who included LIAM GALLAGHER and SIR PAUL McCARTNEY on their feet and shaking their fists.

Original members JIMMY PAGE, ROBERT PLANT and JOHN PAUL JONES were joined by dead drummer JOHN BONHAMs son, JASON, 41.

The trio with a combined age of 183 burst on stage and opened with Good Times Bad Times, the first track of their debut album.

Robert Plant wearing jeans not quite as tight as they were in his heyday still had the energy to strut his 59-year-old body across the stage.

Page, 63, and Jones, 61, kept less energetic pace with him.

As the band settled into a series of songs old and new, grown men in the mostly middle-aged and male audience began playing air guitar.

Some of the old Zeppelin remained during a monumentally long instrumental, Plant had time to go off stage as Page continued to play.

One thing not so new was when in the middle of Dazed And Confused, Page got out his violin bow and started to play his guitar with it, in his trademark style.

After more than an hour the bulk of the fans got what they seemed to want most a rendition of Stairway To Heaven.

When the lights went out a massive demand for an encore brought them back to play Whole Lotta Love.

The adulation of 20,000 almost-equally tired fans ringing in their ears, they trooped away into the darkness.

Fans of all ages had travelled from around the world to see the group and they werent disappointed giving huge ovations and raving after the show.

American Lisa Anderson, 57, said: Everyone around me agreed it was an absolute triumph.

I saw them a few times when I was younger, but for me this was the best show theyve ever done.

"It was worth every penny."

Support act PAOLO NUTINI, 20, told The Sun: I wasnt alive the first time around but Ive seen the footage on DVD.

Now watching them live, Ive been taught a true musical lesson.

They were just so intense and so tight, even after all these years.

I was just blown away.

DrMaddVibe
12-11-2007, 05:21 AM
http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/12_02/ledzeprehers21012_468x522.jpg
Whole lotta herb tea of Led Zeppelin's stairlift to heaven
By LAURA ROBERTS and LUCRETIA MUNRO - More by this author
Last updated at 08:18am on 11th December 2007

In their heyday they were the lords of excess - with vodka for breakfast and champagne for supper fuelling a 24-hour party habit.
Yesterday, however, it was clear that Led Zeppelin had come down to Earth after a very long high.

Instead of the notorious "coke" lady employed on their 1973 U.S. tour to keep the rockers rocking, last night's reunion gig was more in need of a tea lady.

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/12_02/ledzeprehers41012_468x718.jpg

The band - reformed for the first time in 19 years - requested little more than a constant flow of caffeine-free herbal tea and sparkling water for their backstage dressing room.

The one-off performance by Robert Plant, 59, Jimmy Page, 63, and John Paul Jones, 61, at London's O2 Arena was in honour of Ahmet Ertegun, the late Atlantic Records founder who first signed them in 1968.

Concert promoter Harvey Goldsmith said: "They are much older now obviously and are very low maintenance. They've asked for cups of tea. We'll have some beer and a bottle of wine for them backstage but they have said they require very little.

"They are extremely focused and have been rehearsing. They know that a lot of people have been waiting a long time for this gig."

The three originals teamed up last night with Jason Bonham, 41, the son of their deceased drummer John Bonham, who died after a breakfast vodka binge while rehearsing for a tour in 1980.

Perhaps aware of their greying temples both Plant and Page have put effort into their appearance as well as their playing in the run-up to the concert.

Plant has been seen working out with a personal trainer while Page was spotted leaving a London tanning salon. More than 20million fans are believed to have applied in a lottery for one of the 20,000 seats.

Early yesterday tickets with backstage passes were still open for bids on eBay starting at 4,000.

The reunion performance was originally scheduled for November 26 but the audience was kept waiting for an extra month after guitarist Page broke his finger when he tripped over a slab in his garden.

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/12_02/ledzeprehers1012_468x781.jpg

One man, Kenneth Donnell, 25, who was not even born when the band rose to fame, paid 83,000 for two tickets in a charity auction during Terry Wogan's BBC Radio 2 show.

Last night, hundreds of fans from around the world queued up at the arena in Docklands waiting to hear classics such as Whole Lotta Love and Stairway to Heaven.

Security steward Lisa Irvine said: "I've seen people travelling from Canada, Israel and Brazil to see the group. There is such a buzz here."

Jens Nielsen, from Oslo, Norway: "I have been here for three hours.

"It doesn't matter how long I wait because I've been a fan for over ten years. I think I'm going to cry when I actually see them on stage."

ODShowtime
12-11-2007, 07:23 AM
wow. Led Zeppelin and Van Halen burning down the world together at once. It's like 1980 all over again!

Douglas T.
12-11-2007, 07:51 AM
Stairway ...
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3G_JTMuHOQk&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3G_JTMuHOQk&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

katie
12-11-2007, 10:49 AM
Songs they should have played.....

Communication Breakdown (WTF It's only 2.27 long)
What is & What Should never be
Immigrant Song
Celebration Day
The Rain Song
Over the hills....
Achilles last stand
In the evening (So nothing off ITTOD then)
Carouselambra (Lots of Zep heads were hoping for this one)

(Why no acoustic set?)

DLR'sCock
12-11-2007, 10:53 AM
Robert Plant looks just like a friend of mine, funny.

naturochem
12-11-2007, 03:47 PM

Immigrant Song
Celebration Day
The Rain Song
Over the hills....
Achilles last stand

(Why no acoustic set?)
CRIKEY!! Are you Brit's EVER happy..?

(err...sorry Bin! :D )

ThrillsNSpills
12-11-2007, 04:15 PM

Immigrant Song
Celebration Day
The Rain Song
Over the hills....
Achilles last stand

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-ArWLI908i4&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-ArWLI908i4&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
achilles

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QUe0Sjh9amI&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QUe0Sjh9amI&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

OTHAFA

BrownSound1
12-11-2007, 11:55 PM
If they went on tour...holy geezus they would destroy everyone out there. Might even break some attendance records. :D Seriously, this would be the biggest reunion tour ever....if not the biggest tour to ever be done. I guarantee you that they would sell out shit at record speeds...it is almost scary.

Panamark
12-12-2007, 05:21 AM
2008 is going to be the year, 2007 PLANTed the seed....

I tell ya what, head to head Van Halen are blowing em
away performance wise, based on what I've seen...
LZ have a few years on VH, granted...

regardless......

Would I be at a Sydney Led Zep reunion show ????

YOU FUCKING BETTER BELIEVE IT !!!

Can you imagine how Bonzo Jnr must have felt ????
Finally he finished his Dad's work and fulfilled what
must have been a life purpose imposed on him at birth..
Thats great stuff !!!

Pagey, chuck some shoe polish in that hair, ya makin me feel
old !!!

Pretty crap lead break in Stairway, I guess the broken finger
didnt help.. The dude is still DA MAN !!! He could flub every chord
and I would still love this shit...

Just remember, there are two paths you can go by,
but in the long run....

THERE'S STILL TIME TO CHANGE THE ROAD YOUR ON !!!

Im just starting to steer towards the other fork in the road....

It's probably best to digest some shrooms whilst comtemplating
previous ramblings...

I LOVE YOU ALL !!!

VAN HALEN
LED ZEPPELIN
JUDAS PRIEST

Everything else sucked, but what a great year for reunions...

ThrillsNSpills
12-12-2007, 08:21 AM
I hope a recording of this surfaces soon.

I heard a clip of Black Dog from the show and they played it in G instead of A.

so naturally I wonder if they played everything a step lower to accomodate Plant's range.

(not that I'd love it any less, it's the mighty Zep after all :))

and yes, Carouselambra would have been a tasty addition.

DrMaddVibe
12-12-2007, 06:57 PM
LED ZEPPELIN celebrated their triumphant comeback gig by planning world domination over cups of tea and coffee.
Unlike in their hellraising heyday, singer ROBERT PLANT and guitarist JIMMY PAGE slapped each other on the back and were handed giant mugs of hot drinks.

But then the rock fighting talk began and they discussed returning to Madison Square Garden in New York - where they did three sell-out shows in 1973.

My source backstage at Londons O2 arena said: Robert had a couple of bottles of beer before going on stage but afterwards it was just hot mugs of tea and coffee.

The band were really fired up and were talking about their late drummer JOHN BONHAM and what he would have thought about it - it was a time for reflection.

Then the talk went to, What next? Was this it or would there be something else? One of the guys started talking about their three concerts at the Garden.

There was a consensus of, Why not? It is one of the best live music venues in the world. I have no doubt after their reaction backstage that they will be there next year playing to a sell-out crowd.

I said in my Bizarre manifesto I held wrinkly rockers in high esteem - and Led Zeps first show for 19 years didnt disappoint.

At the reunion gig the three surviving members - Page, Plant and JOHN PAUL JONES - were joined by Bonhams son JASON on drums.

The band have hinted they would launch a tour if they enjoyed performing.

And if they loved it as much as their 18,000 screaming fans on Monday, expect to see them at a sold-out venue near you soon.

Page has been up for doing more gigs for a while, but Plant has been enjoying his solo career and has been reluctant.

But it seems the reaction of the fans and a bit of backstage back-slapping has turned his head.

A return was also predicted by support act PAOLO NUTINI.

He said: They seemed very happy. Based on the show they gave I think they will tour.

Celebs in the audience were full of praise for the band too. FOO FIGHTERS DAVE GROHL said: That was amazing. Jason Bonham was fantastic on drums. I think he was even better than me.

Then he challenged anyone listening: Ive got Led Zeppelin tattoos, have you?

Just one word from LIAM GALLAGHER: Mega.

VERVE frontman RICHARD ASHCROFT wasnt saying much but he did get noticed he turned up with a dodgy bleached barnet.

Led Zeppelin? Theyve still got a Whole Lotta Love to give.

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00403/led_682x400_403187a.jpg

DLR'sCock
12-12-2007, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills
I hope a recording of this surfaces soon.

I heard a clip of Black Dog from the show and they played it in G instead of A.

so naturally I wonder if they played everything a step lower to accomodate Plant's range.

(not that I'd love it any less, it's the mighty Zep after all :))

and yes, Carouselambra would have been a tasty addition.

Many clips I heard were down a step, but Kashmir is in the studio tuning of the song.

BrownSound1
12-12-2007, 09:07 PM
Original tuning...step down, hell it don't matter because it rocks balls. I'm very pleased with what I've heard so far, and if those fellas could get out on the road, they would continue to improve. I don't think Jimmy Page has lost as much of his ability as what EVH seems to have.

Va Beach VH Fan
12-12-2007, 09:32 PM
Warner took all of the clips down from YouTube...

Bastards....

DLR'sCock
12-13-2007, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by BrownSound1
Original tuning...step down, hell it don't matter because it rocks balls. I'm very pleased with what I've heard so far, and if those fellas could get out on the road, they would continue to improve. I don't think Jimmy Page has lost as much of his ability as what EVH seems to have.

I agree, I think they sound great, and those pro shot clips on the news clip sound HUGE and balls out.

Coyote
12-13-2007, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by BrownSound1
I don't think Jimmy Page has lost as much of his ability as what EVH seems to have.

I think it has something to do with Page's "connections"... :D

DrMaddVibe
12-14-2007, 08:57 AM
Perhaps always playing instead of doin' the hermit worked for Jimmy.

Terry
12-15-2007, 10:56 PM
For the amount of hype it garnered, the actual gig itself was a bit underwhelming.

Didn't really think they were all that fantastic, myself. Not terrible (certainly not in comparison to Live Aid and the Atlantic 1988 show). Kashmir sounded good. Stairway was slightly botched and didn't sound right being played tuned a half to a full step down.

Am sure they could do an incredible business if they took it on the road, and it was better than I expected they were capable of, but doubt I'd bother to see it.

DrMaddVibe
12-17-2007, 05:55 PM
Led Zeppelin was the band that I really wanted to see but never did. I had tickets for Largo, MD and was going with a group of friends. I worked with a couple at the time and we all heard the news of Bonzo's passing. Needless to say those tickets were like gold, so I had mine in my wallet. I remember opening it up and just looking at the ticket.

I've seen Plant, Page/Coverdale, I've seen the Firm a couple times apiece. I've seen the Black Crowes w/ Jimmy and I've seen Plant/Page. After the clips I saw, if they take this on the road, I am so there. Just something about JPJ playing with the rest of them...FINALLY! Jason is the logical choice to fill in for his dad. Seeing as how he grew up sitting on his dad's lap in the studios.

We were robbed from having the Beatles reunion, but at least this has some life to it. CODA would be "underwhelming" to me, anything else is earth shattering!

Terry
12-17-2007, 08:12 PM
I'll agree that using the recent show as an indication, that lineup of Led Zeppelin could hit the road and give performances that weren't atrocious. Probably nothing very earth-shattering, either, but passable.