PDA

View Full Version : Bill you are so right.

thefive
05-10-2004, 09:38 PM
Bill ever since your thread about Drop n the Bucket ( which I looked for but couldn't find) I have been listening to that song over and over.
Dang that is such a great song. One of those songs I never really paid
attention to. It kicks CULO ( that is ASS in Italiano). Damn I am listening to it right now as I write this post and it just kicks hard. I love the middle of the song to the end. It has everything man. The chorus is just straight up fuckin good.

Fuck I love this song.

thefive
05-10-2004, 09:39 PM
This song is right on the money.!!!!!!!

Big Troubles
05-10-2004, 09:42 PM
Im getting back in YFLM all over again. Experience, Ya Never Know, She's My Machine....is always good to keep changin' cd's around in the changer. :D

Bill Lumbergh
05-10-2004, 09:45 PM
Yeah five and I'm STILL stuck on the damn song!

thefive
05-10-2004, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Big Troubles
Im getting back in YFLM all over again. Experience, Ya Never Know, She's My Machine....is always good to keep changin' cd's around in the changer. :D

Yeah great album but many of the van halen fans do not like it because its Dave not doing van halen. Dave has van halen attached to him. Too bad for people that can't get over that hump. But good for people llike you and me. Love that song You never know. Great lyrics.

Big Troubles
05-10-2004, 10:20 PM
Yeah it's pretty common knowledge that most Roth fans hate No Big Ting and Cheatin Heart Cafe, because they were so drastically experimental for Dave. But you can count me as one of the few who love both of those songs and appreciate everything Dave does musically. I have my dislikes. Stand Up, Damn Good & Blacksand.

BlimpyCHIMP™
05-10-2004, 10:49 PM
WHATS WRONG WITH STANDUP THATS A COOL ONE TOO

Big Troubles
05-10-2004, 10:56 PM
Well yes, they all are great tunes. But if I were to choose my dislikes....my point was that there are never alot of disliked songs by Roth fans. But most people seem to all not like some more than others. I am opposite of that general way of thought.

thefive
05-10-2004, 11:37 PM
Yeah it's pretty common knowledge that most Roth fans hate No Big Ting and Cheatin Heart Cafe, because they were so drastically experimental for Dave. But you can count me as one of the few who love both of those songs and appreciate everything Dave does musically. I have my dislikes. Stand Up, Damn Good & Blacksand.

Brother I was talking more of van halen fans. The general public. The people that just liked original vh and once they broke up those people just called it quits on both.

But I guess your right (I dont know if I could put on a percentage )about the Roth fans.

Big Troubles
05-11-2004, 07:56 AM
Yeah you are right. Once the band split, it really did split the audience good. Shame too. Some people are missing out.

cwsmith17
05-13-2004, 10:24 PM

Stand Up, Damn Good and Black Sand is some of Dave's best work.

Bill Lumbergh
05-14-2004, 06:27 PM
Damn Good is an overlooked gem.