PDA

View Full Version : Man paralyzed at Bon Jovi concert

Diamondjimi
09-01-2007, 01:14 PM
From Yahoo News.

Spilled drink led to Alta. man being left paralyzed at Bon Jovi concert:witnesses
Sat Sep 1, 3:33 AM

EDMONTON (CP) - Witnesses at a Bon Jovi concert say a spilled drink led to a scuffle that has left an Edmonton man a quadriplegic.

ADVERTISEMENT

Dennis Schulz and fiancee Elana Hartman were enjoying the concert July 12 at Rexall Place in Edmonton.

Schulz, 40, had his neck broken and spinal cord permanently injured when a man fell on his head.

People who saw the incident say Schulz could do nothing to protect himself.

Vaughn and Toni Lasell were sitting nearby at the concert and say it started when a woman spilled a drink, another woman took offence and then the boyfriends stepped in.

"The guy in front of us looked like he was going to come over the seat, " Vaughn Lasell said.

"It looked like he was going to hit him and the guy in the row beside us pushed back and that guy went over and down a couple rows and landed on the other guy's head."

Toni Lasell said Schulz's head "was just hanging on his chest, he looked unconcsious."

Schulz cannot move, eat, drink or even cough by himself, and doctors have told him he won't be able to return to his job as a journeyman machinist.

"Nobody would have thought that you go there and never come out the same again," he said from his hospital bed.

Hartman said she's disappointed that police say it's not a criminal matter.

"I'm lost, I don't know what else to do. There are two men out their who deserve to be punished for what they've done to our lives."

Edmonton police say they weren't called to Rexall Place that night and say it's a civil matter.

No one gave statements and one of the men involved in the fight fled after the incident.

The couple say they have met once with insurance adjusters for Northlands Park, the owners of the arena, but haven't heard back from them.

Northlands said in a release it was aware of an incident that happened at the Bon Jovi concert and "appropriate" parties" are investigating

Man this totally sucks. 1. Having to sit through 2 hours of Bon Jovi and 2. having some asshole fighting over spilled beer and turns you into a quadraplegic. He has my sympathys.:(

sadaist
09-01-2007, 02:42 PM
When a guy lands on my face,
I say,

Have A Nice Day.

Diamondjimi
09-01-2007, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by sadaist
When a guy lands on my face,
I say,

Have A Nice Day.

Stellar post !
http://hometown.aol.com/jeeveslon/images/liberace.bmp

Terry
09-02-2007, 12:16 PM
Told many people many times nothing good could possibly come out of listening to Bon Jerkoff.

What a nitwitted, moronic way to lose your mobility.

Anyone got this guy's address? Would like to FedEx him a copy of Slippery When Wet.

Mr. Vengeance
09-02-2007, 01:56 PM
Bon Jovi's been paralyzing eardrums worldwide for 20 years.....

sadaist
09-02-2007, 02:29 PM
He hit my neck, and he broke it I swear

oooohhhh, slippin' on a beer

Steve Savicki
09-02-2007, 04:18 PM
I agree with jimi. I hope the brawlers get what's coming to them somehow. And are their girlfriends guilty as well?

DirtyDeeds
09-03-2007, 02:15 AM
I fucking hate assholes at concerts. There's always a bunch of them. I fucking help this woman who is 8 months pregnant not get crushed by the crowd, and her jerkoff boyfriend who is twice my age, twice my size, and twice as stupid (who is doing nothing to help her, by the way) wants to fucking fight me for paying any type of attention to her. Fuck off, asshole, I was just being nice. I'm not hitting on your pregnant girlfriend, I just want to see Guns n' Roses in relative peace.

sadaist
09-03-2007, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by DirtyDeeds
I fucking hate assholes at concerts. There's always a bunch of them. I fucking help this woman who is 8 months pregnant not get crushed by the crowd, and her jerkoff boyfriend who is twice my age, twice my size, and twice as stupid (who is doing nothing to help her, by the way) wants to fucking fight me for paying any type of attention to her. Fuck off, asshole, I was just being nice. I'm not hitting on your pregnant girlfriend, I just want to see Guns n' Roses in relative peace.

I've never fucked a pregnant woman (at least one who knew she was knocked up), but I hear it is about as good as it gets. Not for me though. If there's a bun in the oven, I don't feel the need to butter it.

Maybe we should ask Binnie.

binnie
09-03-2007, 03:12 AM
I've never fucked a pregnant woman (at least one who knew she was knocked up), but I hear it is about as good as it gets. Not for me though. If there's a bun in the oven, I don't feel the need to butter it.

:D

As far as I am aware, I have never fucked a pregnant woman. However, it is on my list on things to do before I'm thirty :D

binnie
09-03-2007, 03:14 AM
Going to a concert and getting paralyzed has to be about the worst luck you can have.

I've heard people say a concert was life-changing but this takes it to a whole new level....

CVH Rulz
09-03-2007, 09:40 AM
I've actually had a nightmare about something like this. Weird. I've seen lots of people at concerts get things/people thrown on them from behind unexpectedly. It was only a matter of time. That's truly unfortunate.

Mr. Vengeance
09-03-2007, 10:29 AM

Unfortunately I've fucked my share who could have passed for being pregnant....

Death, where is thy sting?

Shaun Ponsonby
09-03-2007, 11:21 AM
The worst part about the whole stroy is that his name ended up in the press.

PEOPLE KNOW HE WAS AT A BON JOVI CONCERT.

I bet it was something he didn't want anyone to know. I certainly wouldn't.

Jimmy Jingles
09-04-2007, 11:14 AM
This sucks and all, but I just love this quote:

Schulz cannot move, eat, drink or even cough by himself, and doctors have told him he won't be able to return to his job as a journeyman machinist.

LMFAO.....you think?

tajmahal
09-05-2007, 08:31 AM
This is the last thing I would expect at a Bon Jovi concert. This should be an older mature crowd. Unreal. I can never understand people who can't handle their alcohol or have a temper.

Susie Q
09-05-2007, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by tajmahal
This is the last thing I would expect at a Bon Jovi concert. This should be an older mature crowd. Unreal. I can never understand people who can't handle their alcohol or have a temper.

I totally agree. I feel so sorry for this guy. Can you imagine something like that happening at the Van Halen concert?

I was at a triple threat concert that featured Ozzy Osbourne back in the day, and you know how he liked getting the crowd wet with buckets of water? Well, I was sitting in these 'nose bleed' seats at the end where the cement stairs were. This excited kid ran down these stairs soaking wet, doing the whole hand gestures, screaming and carrying on. Everybody was caught up in the moment. Anyways, he slipped on one of the stairs fell a good six feet and he kicked me in the back where my kidney was. MAN, was I in pain for days after the concert.

I cannot imagine being unable to move or take care of myself anymore. What a life changing experience that has to be for that poor guy. :(

Jim Shetterlini
09-05-2007, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by tajmahal

Well, as we all know anybody that is a Bon Jovi fan is not professional partiers. So when amatuers try to do professionals' work, bad things are going to happen..LOL

SparkieD
09-05-2007, 09:51 AM

That poor baby had little chance of inheriting a useful brain. Stupid boyfriend aside, Mommy didn't have much between those ears to be at that show that far along in her pregnancy.

Dave's Bitch
09-05-2007, 06:59 PM

What show was this at?

Baby's On Fire
09-05-2007, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Terry
Told many people many times nothing good could possibly come out of listening to Bon Jerkoff.

What a nitwitted, moronic way to lose your mobility.

Anyone got this guy's address? Would like to FedEx him a copy of Slippery When Wet.

You're a fucking World class asshole. I hope karma crushes you hard. You piece of shit.

Shaun Ponsonby
09-05-2007, 07:45 PM
He has a point.

Baby's On Fire
09-05-2007, 08:57 PM
Who has a point?

I know Bon Jovi is a farce, but it's not a funny situation at all.

Diamondjimi
09-05-2007, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Baby's On Fire
You're a fucking World class asshole. I hope karma crushes you hard. You piece of shit.

Whoaaa ,Dude. You gotta lighten up. He was obviously joking !:rolleyes:

Shaun Ponsonby
09-06-2007, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Baby's On Fire
Who has a point?

I know Bon Jovi is a farce, but it's not a funny situation at all.

I'm gonna counter, and say it is hillarious, just because you seem to be annoyed by people taking that stance.

Angel
09-06-2007, 02:59 PM
Edmonton concert goers are nuts. I once saw a guy fall from the rafters of the arena at a ZZ Top show. Luckily, (and amazingly) no one was seriously injured.

Figs
09-06-2007, 03:56 PM
Fucking horrible. I've seen this shit nearly happen at a few football games, with a few kids around too. Drunk assholes.