PDA

View Full Version : All Hail The Second Coming of Reagan!

Nickdfresh
09-02-2007, 12:58 PM
September 1, 2007
Thompson Plans to Crash This Party
By ADAM NAGOURNEY

WASHINGTON, Aug. 31 — Fred D. Thompson, the soon-to-be-official presidential contender, has come under a good deal of criticism in New Hampshire this week for scheduling his formal announcement for next Thursday morning and thus skipping the Republican debate in Manchester on Wednesday night.

But that does not mean that television viewers watching the debate will not see him.

Campaign officials said Friday that Mr. Thompson had bought a 30-second spot that would be televised nationally on the Fox News Channel, the network carrying the debate, just as viewers are tuning in at the onset.

One campaign official familiar with the decision said the spot would be a sneak preview of the announcement that Mr. Thompson will make the next day in a video posted on his Web site, to be followed later Thursday by campaign appearances in Iowa.

Mr. Thompson had come under pressure from the New Hampshire Republican Party and the editorial board of The New Hampshire Union Leader to participate in the nationally televised debate.

But Republicans close to the Thompson campaign felt that the risks would probably be too great for any benefit. In the worst case, he might have made a mistake or come under attack from his Republican rivals, overshadowing the highly scripted rollout he has prepared for the next day.

Campaign officials said the advertisement would be relatively simple, featuring Mr. Thompson talking directly to the camera about the announcement he was about to make. It all but certainly ensures him a prominent spot in a debate he will not even attend.

Link (http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/01/us/politics/01thompson.html?_r=5&ref=us&oref=slogin&oref=slogin&oref=slogin&oref=slogin&oref=login)

Where are all our conservative posters to welcome this great development? I thought he was their darling...

LoungeMachine
09-02-2007, 01:23 PM
LMMFAO

This whole thing just cracks me up.

Fred fucking Thompson is going to save the GOP from themselves?

I doubt he'll be able to beat "none of the above" in the next Gallup Poll.

What a seriously weak, pathetic, mind-numbing bunch of schmucks the GOP has carted out this year.

Rudy? Fucking douche.

Mitt? Professional Flip flopper?

McCain? He's the only one left that doesn't know he died.

Mike Huckabee could not only beat 'em all, he could pinch-hit for Wolfie should the tour derail.

Jesus tittier fucking Christ, how low can this once proud party go?

The shambles and tatters RoveCO left this party, not to mention the entire fucking country is a disgrace.

No wonder NO ONE in here is waving the GOP flag...

Every Con in here now claims to be an unaffiliated moderate *snicker*

:gulp:

Run Fredo Run !!!

jesus.

Nitro Express
09-02-2007, 01:39 PM
Reagan was far from lazy. I actually got to meet him when I was in the Young Republicans in college. For a man in his 70's he was in great physical shape and he had a very strong handshake like you get from old ranchers and farmers.

Not that Reagan was one of those but he did lot's of physical work on that ranch of his. Plus, horseback riding is good exercise.

I think Reagan was much like Arnold. A guy who made a name in acting at one time but wanted to make a difference. Once you get sucked into the political machine though it changes you.

LoungeMachine
09-02-2007, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Nitro Express

I think Reagan was much like Arnold.

He groped women and smoked pot?

Cool with me.

Pinch one for The Gipper, I say.

EAT MY ASSHOLE
09-02-2007, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine

Hey, FUCK YOU, pinko! Not only is Fred Thompson (the only good thing to come out of HollyWeird...aside from Ron Silver, of course) going to save the GOP, not only is he going to save this whole fucking country, he's going to save this entire WORLD, and he's going to do it all BEFORE the end of the episode!!!

Nickdfresh
09-02-2007, 06:55 PM
Reagan was far from lazy. I actually got to meet him when I was in the Young Republicans in college. For a man in his 70's he was in great physical shape and he had a very strong handshake like you get from old ranchers and farmers.

Not that Reagan was one of those but he did lot's of physical work on that ranch of his. Plus, horseback riding is good exercise.

I think Reagan was much like Arnold. A guy who made a name in acting at one time but wanted to make a difference. Once you get sucked into the political machine though it changes you.

That's nice. Now if he would have actually worked in the Oval Office between nappies...

Lqskdiver
09-02-2007, 10:40 PM
Next possible first lady?!

http://celebrity.rightpundits.com/wp-content/photos/jeri_kehn_2.jpg

Nitro Express
09-02-2007, 10:44 PM
He groped women and smoked pot?

Cool with me.

Pinch one for The Gipper, I say.

Hey. He worked in Hollywood.

Nitro Express
09-02-2007, 10:48 PM
It still amazes me that people still think voting one party over the other makes a difference.

I say Hillary is going to win and obamba will be her VP. Why? Obamba has a huge cock and it's time to get some revenge on Bill.

Hyman Roth
09-03-2007, 01:53 AM
Ron Silver...haaaaaaaaaaaahahahaha!! He was an actor once? Haaaaaahahahaha.

matt19
09-03-2007, 04:28 AM
LMMFAO

This whole thing just cracks me up.

I doubt he'll be able to beat "none of the above" in the next Gallup Poll.

What a seriously weak, pathetic, mind-numbing bunch of schmucks the GOP has carted out this year.

Rudy? Fucking douche.

Mitt? Professional Flip flopper?

McCain? He's the only one left that doesn't know he died.

Mike Huckabee could not only beat 'em all, he could pinch-hit for Wolfie should the tour derail.

Jesus tittier fucking Christ, how low can this once proud party go?

The shambles and tatters RoveCO left this party, not to mention the entire fucking country is a disgrace.

No wonder NO ONE in here is waving the GOP flag...

Every Con in here now claims to be an unaffiliated moderate *snicker*

Run Fredo Run !!!

jesus.

Nothing negative about Ron Paul?

DEMON CUNT
09-03-2007, 05:56 PM
People are very attracted to celebrity. Especially the lower functioning right-wing types (Warhead, MsSaddBawlz, BigBland, et al.) who need a daddy/protector to make them feel safe from imagined evil and danger.

Now that the rest of the Republican candidates (at least the main stream ones) have had the opportunity to make themselves looks foolish, Thompson is the dark horse that may just give the Democratic celebrity ticket (Clinton/Obama) a good challenge.

Politicians who tell the truth are marginalized by both parties while the sycophants sing along.

Unchainme
09-03-2007, 06:59 PM
I don't know what to say about him yet...He seems like a Decent canidate...But so does Obama to be honest..I shall see....But he's been playing it smart...We shall see.

Hyman Roth
09-03-2007, 10:28 PM
It still amazes me that people still think voting one party over the other makes a difference.

It does. It means the difference between living in a world of shit or living in a world of piss. I strongly prefer living in piss to living in shit so its a pretty significant difference to me.

Ultimately, either the human race will do itself in or nature will take care of that for us. Its just a question of when and for most, to what degree of discomfort we will live in until then: very uncomfortable or extremely uncomfortable.

Nickdfresh
09-03-2007, 10:55 PM
I lived under a rough split between Democratic and Republican administrations the last 16 years...

I know which one was far superior.

Fuck, I'll even vote for Hillery Clinton!

FORD
09-04-2007, 01:00 AM
I won't vote for Hillary, but let's hope it doesn't come to that.

FORD
09-04-2007, 01:00 AM

Nickdfresh
09-06-2007, 06:39 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FWMIh7a5mRw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FWMIh7a5mRw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Warham
09-09-2007, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
That's nice. Now if he would have actually worked in the Oval Office between nappies...

Did Clinton do anything between his appointments with Lewinsky?

Warham
09-09-2007, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by FORD

I'll keep this copied for next year. Thanks.

Warham
09-09-2007, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Unchainme
I don't know what to say about him yet...He seems like a Decent canidate...But so does Obama to be honest..I shall see....But he's been playing it smart...We shall see.

Obama's far from a decent candidate. He's the worst candidate amongst the major seven that are running.

Warham
09-09-2007, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by DEMON CUNT
People are very attracted to celebrity. Especially the lower functioning right-wing types (Warhead, MsSaddBawlz, BigBland, et al.) who need a daddy/protector to make them feel safe from imagined evil and danger.

Now that the rest of the Republican candidates (at least the main stream ones) have had the opportunity to make themselves looks foolish, Thompson is the dark horse that may just give the Democratic celebrity ticket (Clinton/Obama) a good challenge.

Politicians who tell the truth are marginalized by both parties while the sycophants sing along.

My daddy is bigger than your daddy!

FORD
09-09-2007, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Lqskdiver
Next possible first lady?!

If that's your only concern, then you should vote Kucinich ;)

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uTpoo0uqGbc"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uTpoo0uqGbc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Nickdfresh
09-09-2007, 06:52 PM
War[ham]. do you have the ability to elaborate and post more than spam one liners?

DEMON CUNT
09-09-2007, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by WAR head

but...but...but...CLINTON!

I see your Clinton obsession survived the months you spent hiding and the name change.

Warham
09-09-2007, 10:39 PM
War[ham]. do you have the ability to elaborate and post more than spam one liners?

Sure, but you've heard all my material before.

By the way, you've got alot of nerve to rag on my for one-liners.

Warham
09-09-2007, 10:40 PM
but...but...but...CLINTON!

I see your Clinton obsession survived the months you spent hiding and the name change.

No, I was just responding to all the criticism leveled at Reagan, who was the best president we've had in the last forty years.

The only Clinton obsession is in the Democratic Party.

FORD
09-09-2007, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by WAR
No, I was just responding to all the criticism leveled at Reagan, who was the best president we've had in the last forty years.

The only Clinton obsession is in the Democratic Party.

Bullshit..... on both counts....

Conservative Republicans are such paragons of virtue and truth that they claim that Bill Clinton's administration was "the most corrupt administration in American history" despite the fact that history contradicts everything about that statement.

1. Despite the fact that the President and first lady, and many members of the Clinton administration were charged with crimes, their accusers fell flat on their faces when they had to prove their trumped up charges in court almost every time, because there was no credible evidence or witnesses to justify the charges brought by their Republican enemies and touted by their countless friends in the mainstream media.
2. Contrast that to the great numbers of the Republican administration of Ronald Reagan who were not just charged, but were found guilty, but which most Americans don't remember because the so-called "Liberal media" rarely, if ever, make any mention of them. See the actual names & crimes below.
3. The contenders for the title of "the most corrupt administration in American history" are all Republican administrations. It may be hard to order them exactly, but the contenders for the first, second, third & fourth "most corrupt administrations in American history" are the Republican administrations of Grant, Harding, Nixon and Reagan.

Ronald Reagan's Criminal Administration:

"By the end of his term, 138 Reagan administration officials had been convicted, had been indicted, or had been the subject of official investigations for official misconduct and/or criminal violations. In terms of number of officials involved, the record of his administration was the worst ever."

1. James Watt, Reagan's Secretary of the Interior was indicted on 41 felony counts for using connections at the Department of Housing and Urban Development to help his private clients seek federal funds for housing projects in Maryland, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. Watt conceded that he had received $500,000 from clients who were granted very favorable housing contracts after he had intervened on their behalf. In testifying before a House committee Watt said: "That's what they offered and it sounded like a lot of money to me, and we settled on it." Watt was eventually sentenced to five years in prison and 500 hours of community service.
2. Although not convicted, Edwin Meese III, resigned as Reagan's Attorney General after having been the subject of investigations by the United States Office of the Independent Counsel on two occasions (Wedtech and Iran-Contra), during the 3 short years he was in office.
3. E. Bob Wallach, close friend and law classmate of Attorney General Edwin Meese, was sentenced to six years in prison and fined $250,000 in connection with the Wedtech influence-peddling scandal.
4. Lyn Nofziger--Convicted on charges of illegal lobbying of White House in Wedtech scandal.
5. Michael Deaver received three years' probation and was fined one hundred thousand dollars after being convicted for lying to a congressional subcommittee and a federal grand jury about his lobbying activities after leaving the White House.
6. The Iran-Contra scandal. In June, 1984, at a National Security Council meeting, CIA Director Casey urged President Reagan to seek third-party aid for the Nicaraguan contras. Secretary of State Schultz warned that it would be an "impeachable offense" if the U.S. government acted as conduit for such secret funding. But that didn't stop them. That same day, Oliver North was seeking third-party aid for the contras. But Reagan, the "teflon President" avoided serious charges or impeachment.
7. Casper Weinberger was Secretary of Defense during Iran-Contra. In June 1992 he was indicted by a federal grand jury on charges of concealing from congressional investigators and prosecutors thousands of pages of his handwritten notes. The personal memoirs taken during high level meetings, detailed events in 1985 and 1986 involving the Iran-Contra affair. Weinberger claimed he was being unfairly prosecuted because he would not provide information incriminating Ronald Reagan. Weinberger was scheduled to go on trial January 5, 1993, where the contents of his notes would have come to light and may have implicated other, unindicted conspirators. While Weinberger was never directly linked to the covert operations phase of the Iran-Contra affair, he is believed to have been involved in the cover-up of the ensuing scandal. According to Special Prosecutor Lawrence Walsh, Weinberger's notes contain evidence of a conspiracy among the highest ranking Reagan Administration officials to lie to congress and the American public. Some of the notes are believed to have evidence against then Vice-President George Bush who pardoned Weinberger to keep him from going to trial.
8. Raymond Donovan, Secretary of Labor indicted for defrauding the New York City Transit Authority of $7.4. million.
{ Republicans will point out that Donovan was acquitted. And that really matters in Donovan's case, because he was a Republican. But it didn't matter for Clinton or any of his cabinet, most all of whom were acquitted, because they were Democrats!}
9. Elliott Abrams was appointed by President Reagan in 1985 to head the State Department's Latin American Bureau. He was closely linked with ex-White House aide Lt. Col. Oliver North's covert movement to aid the Contras. Working for North, Abrams coordinated inter-agency support for the contras and helped solicit illegal funding from foreign powers as well as domestic contributors. Abrams agreed to cooperate with Iran-Contra investigators and pled guilty to two charges reduced to misdemeanors. He was sentenced in 1991 to two years probation and 100 hours of community service but was pardoned by President George Bush.
10. Robert C. McFarlane was appointed Ronald Reagan's National Security Advisor in October 1983 and become well-known as a champion of the MX missile program in his role as White House liaison to congress. In 1984, Mc Farlane initiated the review of U.S. policy towards Iran that led directly to the arms for hostages deal. He also supervised early National Security Council efforts to support the Contras. Shortly after the Iran-Contra scandal was revealed in early 1987, McFarlane took an overdose of the tranquilizer Valium in an attempt to end his life. In his own words: "What really drove me to despair was a sense of having failed the country." McFarlane pled guilty to four misdemeanors and was sentenced to two years probation and 200 hours of community service. He was also fined $20,000. He received a blanket pardon from President George Bush.
11. Oliver North--Convicted of falsifying and destroying documents, accepting an illegal gratuity, and aiding and abetting the obstruction of Congress. Conviction overturned on appeal due to legal technicalities.
12. John Poindexter, Reagan's national security advisor, --guilty of five criminal counts involving conspiracy to mislead Congress, obstructing congressional inquiries, lying to lawmakers, used "high national security" to mask deceit and wrong-doing.
13. Richard Secord pleaded guilty to a felony charge of lying to Congress over Iran-Contra.
14. Alan D. Fiers was the Chief of the Central Intelligence Agency's Central American Task Force. Fiers pled guilty in 1991 to two counts of withholding information from congress about Oliver North's activities and the diversion of Iran arms sale money to aid the Contras. He was sentenced to one year of probation and 100 hours of community service. Fiers agreed to cooperate with prosecutors in exchange for having his felonies reduced to misdemeanors and his testimony gave a boost to the long standing criminal investigation of Lawrence Walsh, Special Prosecutor. Fiers testified that he and three CIA colleagues knew by mid-1986 that profits from the TOW and HAWK missile sales to Iran were being diverted to the Contras months before it became public knowledge. Alan Fiers received a blanket pardon for his crimes from President Bush.
15. Clair George was Chief of the CIA's Division of Covert Operations under President Reagan. In August 1992 a hung jury led U.S. District Judge Royce Lamberth to declare a mistrial in the case of Clair George who was accused of concealing from Congress his knowledge of the Iran-Contra affair. George had been named by Alan Fiers when Fiers turned state's evidence for Lawrence Walsh's investigation. In a second trial on charges of perjury, false statements and obstruction of justice, George was convicted of lying to two congressional committees in 1986. George faced a maximum five year federal prison sentence and a $20,000 fine for each of the two convictions. Jurors cleared George of five other charges including two counts of lying to a federal grand jury. Those charges would have carried a mandatory 10 months in prison upon conviction. Clair George received a blanket pardon for his crimes from President George Bush.
16. Duane R. (Dewey) Clarridge was head of the CIA's Western European Division under President Reagan. He was indicted on November 29, 1991 for lying to congress and to the Tower Commission that investigated Iran- Contra. Clarridge was charged with five counts of perjury and two counts of making false statements for covering up his knowledge of a November 25, 1985 shipment of HAWK missiles to Iran. Clarridge was also suspected of diverting to the Contras weapons that were originally intended for the Afghan mujahaddeen guerrillas. Clarridge received a blanket pardon for his crimes on Christmas Eve 1992 from President George Bush.
17. Environmental Protection Agency's favoritism toward polluters. Assistant administrator unduly influenced by chemical industry lobbyists. Another administrator resigned after pressuring employees to tone down a critical report on a chemical company accused of illegal pollution in Michigan. The deputy chief of federal activities was accused of compiling an interagency "hit" or "enemies" list, like those kept in the Nixon Watergate period, singling out career employees to be hired, fired or promoted according to political beliefs.
18. Anne Gorscuh Burford resigned amid accusations she politically manipulated the Superfund money.
19. Rita Lavelle was fired after accusing a senior EPA official of "systematically alienating the business community." She was later indicted, tried and convicted of lying to Congress and served three months of a six-month prison sentence. After an extensive investigation, in August 1984, a House of Representatives subcommittee concluded that top-level EPA appointees by Reagan for three years "violated their public trust by disregarding the public health and the environment, manipulating the Superfund program for political purposes, engaging in unethical conduct and participating in other abuses.".
20. Neglected nuclear safety. A critical situation involving nuclear safety had been allowed to develop during the Reagan era. Immense sums, estimated at 200 billion or more, would be required in the 1990s to replace and make safe America's neglected, aging, deteriorating, and dangerous nuclear facilities.
21. Savings & Loan Bail-out. Hundreds of billions of dollars were needed to bail out savings and loan institutions that either had failed during the deregulation frenzy of the eighties or were in danger of bankruptcy.
22. Reckless airline deregulation. Deregulation of airline industry took too broad a sweep, endangering public safety.
Additionally:
23. Richard Allen, National Security adviser resigned amid controversy over an honorarium he received for arranging an interview with Nancy Reagan.
24. Richard Beggs, chief administrator at NASA was indicted for defrauding the government while an executive at General Dynamics.
25. Guy Flake, Deputy Secretary of Commerce, resigned after allegations of a conflict of interest in contract negotiations.
26. Louis Glutfrida, Director of the Federal Emergency Management Agency resigned amid allegations of misuses of government property.
27. Edwin Gray, Chairman of the Federal Home Loan Bank was charged with illegally repaying himself and his wife $26,000 in travel costs.
28. Max Hugel, CIA chief of covert operations who resigned after allegations of fraudulent financial dealings.
29. Carlos Campbell, Assistant Secretary of Commerce resigned over charges of awarding federal grants to his personal friends' firms.
30. John Fedders, chief of enforcement for the Securities and Exchange Commission resigned over charges of beating his wife.
31. Arthur Hayes, Commissioner of the Food and Drug Administration resigned over illegal travel reimbursements.
32. J. Lynn Helms, chief of the Federal Aviation Administration resigned over a grand jury investigation of illegal business activities.
33. Marjory Mecklenburg, Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Resources resigned over irregularities on her travel vouchers.
34. Robert Nimmo, head of the Veterans Administration resigned when a report criticized him for improper use of government funds.
35. J. William Petro, U.S. Attorney fired and fined for tipping off an acquaintance about a forthcoming Grand Jury investigation.
36. Thomas C. Reed, White House counselor and National Security Council adviser resigned and paid a $427,000 fine for stock market insider trading.
37. Emanuel Savas, Assistant Secretary of HUD resigned over assigning staff members to work on government time on a book that guilty to expense account fraud and accepting kickbacks on government contracts.
38. Charles Wick, Director of the U.S. Information Agency investigated for taping conversations with public officials without their approval.

Two types of problems typified the ethical misconduct cases of the Reagan years, and both had heavy consequences to citizens everywhere. One stemmed from ideology and deregulatory impulses run amok; the other, from classic corruption on a grand scale.
* The Pentagon procurement scandal, which resulted from the Republicans' enormous infusion of money too quickly into the Defense Department after the lean Carter years .
* Massive fraud and mismanagement in the Department of Housing and Urban Development throughout Reagan's eight years. These were finally documented in congressional hearings in spring 1989, after Reagan left office. Cost the taxpayers billions of dollars in losses. What made this scandal most shameful was that Reagan's' friends and fixers profited at the expense of the poor, the very people HUD and the federal government were pledged to assist through low-income housing. . .
Despite their many public lies about the matter, it was eventually proven that the Sales of weapons to Iran, followed by illegal financial support of the Central American Contras were carried out with the knowledge of, among others, President Ronald Reagan, Vice President George Bush, Secretary of State George P. Shultz, Secretary of Defense Caspar W. Weinberger, Director of Central Intelligence William J. Casey, and national security advisers Robert C. McFarlane and John M. Poindexter. Of these officials, only Weinberger and Shultz dissented from the policy decision. Weinberger eventually acquiesced and ordered the Department of Defense to provide the necessary arms. Large volumes of highly relevant, contemporaneously created documents were systematically and willfully withheld from investigators by several Reagan Administration officials in an attempt to cover up the administration's extensive corruption.

FORD
09-09-2007, 11:15 PM
----------------- Ronald Reagan's Record "Firsts" --------------------

1. First to serve as Governor on a "conservative" platform and increase spending by 112%.
2. First Governor to increase personal income taxes by 60%, increase the cigarette tax by 200%, and increase state tax collections by 152%.
3. First to have a popularity rating of only 35% after his first two years in office.
4. First to have had a shotgun wedding.
5. First president to have been divorced.
6. First to increase spending by 80%--in only 8 years.
7. First to spend more in eight years than was spent in prior 50 years.
8. First to cut taxes by 60% for his rich pals.
9. First to have increased the national debt faster than growth of national income.
10. First to "almost": triple the national debt.
11. First to increase the national debt faster than growth of GDP.
12. First to double the deficit.
13. First to turn America into a debtor nation.
14. First to set a record for the largest one day percentage decline in the DOW in history. 10-19-87.
15. First to have "real" interest rates of 8% after averaging 1% over 35 years.
16. First to keep prime interest rates at 20%.
17. First to have home loan interest rates as high as 16%.
18. First to allow the savings and loan industry to be raided after signing a deregulatory bill and proclaiming "I think we have hit the jackpot". Come and get it the vaults are unguarded.
19. First to send an autographed Bible to a man he called "The Satan of Terrorists".
20. First to have an admiral plead the Fifth Amendment.
21. First to have a stealing, lying, gutless wife abusing Marine LT. Colonel plead the Fifth Amendment.
22. First to have a sitting cabinet member indicted.
23. First to have an Assistant Secretary of State indicted.
24. First to have an Asistant Secretary of Defense sent to prison.
25. First to have over 100 members of an administration charged with crimes.
26. First to have more members of his administration charged with crimes than the cumulative total of all other presidents in the twentieth century.
27. First to testify "under oath" 130 times that "I don't remember".
28. First to have an Admiral with a photographic memory testify 128 times " I don't remember".
29. First to repeatedly falsify his wife's age, as though anyone cared.
30. First to promote his religious faith and while never having an active membership in any church.
31. First to never use the term Jesus Christ in speeches.
32. First to have unemployment at 10.8% since great depression.
33. First to attack a small unprotected nation with 88,000 inhabitants and 10,000 bb guns, and then proclaim "America stands tall again". "we have whipped the Vietnam Syndrome. We have defeated communism".
34. #1-in farm foreclosures.
35. #1-In bank failures.
36. #1-In Savings and Loan failures.
37. #1-In percent increase in personal bankruptcies.
38. #1-In having servicemen killed during peacetime.
39. #1-In largest drop in popularity in one week.
40. #1-In being first to honor Nazi Storm Troopers by calling them" Innocent Victims".
41. First to lie - over and over- to reporters "I do not dye my hair; my barber uses a special shampoo."
42. First to have a wife who "forced" him to wear three suits in one day.
43. First to boast "Not bad for a dumb guy who worked only 20 hours per week".
44. First to have his wife sit nearby and whisper answers to questions.
45. First to have his press secretary remove him from the microphone when he could not answer questions. (When the reporter shouted out "answer my question", the president replied "my handlers won't let me speak").
46. First to have a Special Assistant say on national TV "sometimes you had to hit him on the head with a 2 x 4 to get his attention".
47. #1-In needing a staff person standby during press conferences to tell the press "what he really meant".
48. #1-In recorded misstatements.
49. #1-In never having a single press conference in which he did not make incorrect statements.
50. First to invite the Pope to visit the White House and "bring the wife and kids".
51. First to fall asleep while the Pope spoke.
52. First 20th Century president to have historians rate him below every president of the 20th except for Richard Nixon. 1994 Poll.
53. First to have been openly alienated from his children.
54. First to suggest his eldest son undergo psychiatric examination.
55. First to have been voted in British polls (twice) as the "most feared leader in the world" sic em Rambo.
56. First to have his official biographer state on national TV: 'After he was shot in 1981, he got slower and slower each year. His speech got slower. He deliberated more and he hesitated more when he spoke. He lost his physical quickness and would not make decisions on the spot. It was a very, very slow and steady mental and physical decline".
57. First president to have the Geriatrics Department of a major university study his behavior and conclude that after three years in office he had Alzheimer's.
58. First to have over $10,000,000 increase in wealth from serving for 8 years as president.

Sarge's Little Helper
09-09-2007, 11:16 PM
----------------- Ronald Reagan's Record "Firsts" --------------------

1. First to serve as Governor on a "conservative" platform and increase spending by 112%.
2. First Governor to increase personal income taxes by 60%, increase the cigarette tax by 200%, and increase state tax collections by 152%.
3. First to have a popularity rating of only 35% after his first two years in office.
4. First to have had a shotgun wedding.
5. First president to have been divorced.
6. First to increase spending by 80%--in only 8 years.
7. First to spend more in eight years than was spent in prior 50 years.
8. First to cut taxes by 60% for his rich pals.
9. First to have increased the national debt faster than growth of national income.
10. First to "almost": triple the national debt.
11. First to increase the national debt faster than growth of GDP.
12. First to double the deficit.
13. First to turn America into a debtor nation.
14. First to set a record for the largest one day percentage decline in the DOW in history. 10-19-87.
15. First to have "real" interest rates of 8% after averaging 1% over 35 years.
16. First to keep prime interest rates at 20%.
17. First to have home loan interest rates as high as 16%.
18. First to allow the savings and loan industry to be raided after signing a deregulatory bill and proclaiming "I think we have hit the jackpot". Come and get it the vaults are unguarded.
19. First to send an autographed Bible to a man he called "The Satan of Terrorists".
20. First to have an admiral plead the Fifth Amendment.
21. First to have a stealing, lying, gutless wife abusing Marine LT. Colonel plead the Fifth Amendment.
22. First to have a sitting cabinet member indicted.
23. First to have an Assistant Secretary of State indicted.
24. First to have an Asistant Secretary of Defense sent to prison.
25. First to have over 100 members of an administration charged with crimes.
26. First to have more members of his administration charged with crimes than the cumulative total of all other presidents in the twentieth century.
27. First to testify "under oath" 130 times that "I don't remember".
28. First to have an Admiral with a photographic memory testify 128 times " I don't remember".
29. First to repeatedly falsify his wife's age, as though anyone cared.
30. First to promote his religious faith and while never having an active membership in any church.
31. First to never use the term Jesus Christ in speeches.
32. First to have unemployment at 10.8% since great depression.
33. First to attack a small unprotected nation with 88,000 inhabitants and 10,000 bb guns, and then proclaim "America stands tall again". "we have whipped the Vietnam Syndrome. We have defeated communism".
34. #1-in farm foreclosures.
35. #1-In bank failures.
36. #1-In Savings and Loan failures.
37. #1-In percent increase in personal bankruptcies.
38. #1-In having servicemen killed during peacetime.
39. #1-In largest drop in popularity in one week.
40. #1-In being first to honor Nazi Storm Troopers by calling them" Innocent Victims".
41. First to lie - over and over- to reporters "I do not dye my hair; my barber uses a special shampoo."
42. First to have a wife who "forced" him to wear three suits in one day.
43. First to boast "Not bad for a dumb guy who worked only 20 hours per week".
44. First to have his wife sit nearby and whisper answers to questions.
45. First to have his press secretary remove him from the microphone when he could not answer questions. (When the reporter shouted out "answer my question", the president replied "my handlers won't let me speak").
46. First to have a Special Assistant say on national TV "sometimes you had to hit him on the head with a 2 x 4 to get his attention".
47. #1-In needing a staff person standby during press conferences to tell the press "what he really meant".
48. #1-In recorded misstatements.
49. #1-In never having a single press conference in which he did not make incorrect statements.
50. First to invite the Pope to visit the White House and "bring the wife and kids".
51. First to fall asleep while the Pope spoke.
52. First 20th Century president to have historians rate him below every president of the 20th except for Richard Nixon. 1994 Poll.
53. First to have been openly alienated from his children.
54. First to suggest his eldest son undergo psychiatric examination.
55. First to have been voted in British polls (twice) as the "most feared leader in the world" sic em Rambo.
56. First to have his official biographer state on national TV: 'After he was shot in 1981, he got slower and slower each year. His speech got slower. He deliberated more and he hesitated more when he spoke. He lost his physical quickness and would not make decisions on the spot. It was a very, very slow and steady mental and physical decline".
57. First president to have the Geriatrics Department of a major university study his behavior and conclude that after three years in office he had Alzheimer's.
58. First to have over $10,000,000 increase in wealth from serving for 8 years as president.

Oops. I wasn't paying attention. Tell me again what is going on.

FORD
09-09-2007, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Sarge's Little Helper

Ronald Reagan was a phony, corrupt piece of shit, that's what's going on. :)

FORD
09-09-2007, 11:24 PM
The Real Reagan Legacy
Debunking Myths About Reagan
by Mike Hersh

March 19, 2002 (Political Sanity/APJP) -- Let's begin our examination of the real Reagan Legacy by taking a look at myth number one:

"Democrats dominated Congress all through Reagan's terms, and called all his budgets Dead On Arrival."
That's numerically and historically false. Reagan's people shoved his program through the Congress during the early Reagan years. James A. Baker, David Stockman and other Reaganites ran roughshod over Tip O'Neill and the divided Democrats in the House and Senate, and won every critical vote. This is because of the GOP majority in the Senate and the GOP-"Boll Weevil" (or "Dixiecrat") coalition in the House. Phil Gramm was a House Democrat at the time, and he even sponsored the most important Reagan budgets.
Only after the huge Reagan recession -- made worse by utterly failed Reagan "Voodoo Economics" - did Democrats regain some control in Congress. They halted some Reagan initiatives, but couldn't do much on their own. That was a time of gridlock.
Six years into Reagan's presidency, Democrats took back the Senate, and began to reverse some of Reagan's horrendous policies. By that time, Reaganomics had "accomplished" quite a bit: doubled the national debt, caused the S&L crisis, and nearly wrecked the financial system.

Which brings us to myth number two:
"Jimmy Carter wrecked the economy, and Reagan's bold tax cuts saved it."
This is utterly absurd. Economic growth indices -- GDP, jobs, revenues -- were all positive when Carter left office. All plunged after Reagan policies took effect.
Reagan didn't cure inflation, the main economic problem during the Carter years. Carter's Federal Reserve Chairman Paul Volcker tried when he raised interest rates. That's the opposite of what Fed Chairman Alan Greenspan has done to keep inflation low.
Carter's policies and people fought inflation, but maintained real growth. On the other hand, Reagan's policies helped cause the worst recession since the Great Depression: two bleak years with nearly double-digit unemployment! Reaganomics failed in less than a year, and it took an entire second year for the economy to recover from the failure.
Carter didn't cause the inflation problem, but his tough policies and smart personnel solved it. Unfortunately for Carter, it took too long for the good results to kick in. Not only didn't Reagan help whip inflation, he actually opposed the Volcker policies!
Another major myth:
"Reagan cut taxes on all Americans, and that led to a great expansion."
Here's the truth: the total federal tax burden increased during the Reagan years, and most Americans paid more in taxes after Reagan than before. The "Reagan Recovery" was unremarkable. It looks great only contrasted against the dismal Reagan Recession -- but it had nothing to do with Supply Side voodoo.
With a red ink explosion -- $300 BILLION deficits looming as far as the eye could see -- GOP Senators, notably including Bob Dole, led the way on tax hikes. The economy enjoyed its recovery only after total tax increases larger than the total tax cuts were implemented. Most importantly, average annual GDP growth during the Reagan 80s was lower than during the Clinton 90s or the JFK-LBJ 60s!
Enough about the economy. Here's the biggest myth of them all:
"Ronald Reagan won the Cold War".
In reality, Reagan did nothing to bring down the Soviet Union.
By 1980, the Soviet Union was trying to cut its own defense spending. Reagan made it harder for them to do so. In fact, Reagan increased the possibility of a nuclear war because he was -- frankly, and sadly -- senile. He thought we could actually recall submarine-launched nuclear missiles (talk about a Reagan myth), and bullied the Soviets to highest alert several times.
Critically, Reagan never even tried to bring down the Soviet Union.
Wasteful overspending on defense didn't end the Soviet Union. In fact, it played into the hands of authoritarian "Communist" hard-liners in the Kremlin. Reagan thought the Soviet Union was more powerful than we were. He was trying to close what he called "the window of vulnerability."
This was sheer idiocy.
No general in our military would trade our armed forces for theirs. If it were to happen, none of the Soviet military command would turn down that deal. We had better systems, better troops, and better morale.
Here's the truth: we'd already won the Cold War before Reagan took office. All Reagan needed to do was continue the tried-and-true containment policies Harry S. Truman began and all subsequent presidents employed. The Soviet Union was Collapsing from within. The CIA actually told this to Reagan as he took office.
Here's an example: the Soviet Union military couldn't deal with a weak state on its own border, the poor, undermanned Afghanistan. Most of the Soviets' military might had to make sure its "allies" in the Warsaw Pact and subjects along the South Asian front didn't revolt. Even Richard Nixon told Reagan he could balance the budget with big defense cuts.
Reagan ignored this, and wrecked our budget.
We didn't have to increase weapons spending, but Reagan didn't care. He ran away from summits with the dying old-guard Soviets, and the new-style "glasnost" leadership of Mikhail Gorbachev baffled the witless Reagan and his closed-minded extremist advisors.
Maggie Thatcher finally cajoled the Gipper into meeting Gorby, and Gorby cleaned Reagan's clock. Reagan's hard-right "handlers" nearly had to drag Reagan out of the room before he signed away our entire nuclear deterrent. Reagan -- and the planet -- was lucky Gorbachev sought genuine and stable peace. Had Yuri Andropov's health held, Reagan's "jokes" and gaffes might have caused World War III.
Eventually Reagan even gave Gorbachev his seal of approval. Visiting Moscow before the August Coup, Reagan said the Soviet Union was no longer the "Evil Empire." He predicted his friend Gorbachev would lead the Soviet Union for many years to come.
As usual, Reagan was wrong. A few months later, disgruntled military officers kidnapped Gorbachev, throwing him out of power forever. Reagan remained disengaged: nothing he did caused the coup, and nothing he did made the Soviet military support Boris Yeltsin over their superiors.
We're all fortunate things happened as they did -- but once again, Reagan did nothing to make this fluke more likely.
All this is vintage Reagan. Reagan took credit for others' hard word and hard choices, and blamed them for his failures. Reagan even blamed Jimmy Carter for Reagan's foolish, fatal, and reckless decision to leave 243 Marines stationed in Beirut, helpless and unguarded.
Reagan hired over 100 crooks to run our government, and broke several laws himself. His policies were almost uniformly self-defeating, wrong-headed, immoral and unfair.
Reagan was an actor playing the part of the president. He was style over substance; lucky, not good.
And once the myths are stripped from the "legacy", the truth becomes obvious:
Reagan was by far the most overrated man in American history.

Link (http://www.liberalslikechrist.org/about/Reagan.html)

Sarge's Little Helper
09-09-2007, 11:24 PM
The Real Reagan Legacy
Debunking Myths About Reagan
by Mike Hersh

March 19, 2002 (Political Sanity/APJP) -- Let's begin our examination of the real Reagan Legacy by taking a look at myth number one:

"Democrats dominated Congress all through Reagan's terms, and called all his budgets Dead On Arrival."
That's numerically and historically false. Reagan's people shoved his program through the Congress during the early Reagan years. James A. Baker, David Stockman and other Reaganites ran roughshod over Tip O'Neill and the divided Democrats in the House and Senate, and won every critical vote. This is because of the GOP majority in the Senate and the GOP-"Boll Weevil" (or "Dixiecrat") coalition in the House. Phil Gramm was a House Democrat at the time, and he even sponsored the most important Reagan budgets.
Only after the huge Reagan recession -- made worse by utterly failed Reagan "Voodoo Economics" - did Democrats regain some control in Congress. They halted some Reagan initiatives, but couldn't do much on their own. That was a time of gridlock.
Six years into Reagan's presidency, Democrats took back the Senate, and began to reverse some of Reagan's horrendous policies. By that time, Reaganomics had "accomplished" quite a bit: doubled the national debt, caused the S&L crisis, and nearly wrecked the financial system.

Which brings us to myth number two:
"Jimmy Carter wrecked the economy, and Reagan's bold tax cuts saved it."
This is utterly absurd. Economic growth indices -- GDP, jobs, revenues -- were all positive when Carter left office. All plunged after Reagan policies took effect.
Reagan didn't cure inflation, the main economic problem during the Carter years. Carter's Federal Reserve Chairman Paul Volcker tried when he raised interest rates. That's the opposite of what Fed Chairman Alan Greenspan has done to keep inflation low.
Carter's policies and people fought inflation, but maintained real growth. On the other hand, Reagan's policies helped cause the worst recession since the Great Depression: two bleak years with nearly double-digit unemployment! Reaganomics failed in less than a year, and it took an entire second year for the economy to recover from the failure.
Carter didn't cause the inflation problem, but his tough policies and smart personnel solved it. Unfortunately for Carter, it took too long for the good results to kick in. Not only didn't Reagan help whip inflation, he actually opposed the Volcker policies!
Another major myth:
"Reagan cut taxes on all Americans, and that led to a great expansion."
Here's the truth: the total federal tax burden increased during the Reagan years, and most Americans paid more in taxes after Reagan than before. The "Reagan Recovery" was unremarkable. It looks great only contrasted against the dismal Reagan Recession -- but it had nothing to do with Supply Side voodoo.
With a red ink explosion -- $300 BILLION deficits looming as far as the eye could see -- GOP Senators, notably including Bob Dole, led the way on tax hikes. The economy enjoyed its recovery only after total tax increases larger than the total tax cuts were implemented. Most importantly, average annual GDP growth during the Reagan 80s was lower than during the Clinton 90s or the JFK-LBJ 60s!
Enough about the economy. Here's the biggest myth of them all:
"Ronald Reagan won the Cold War".
In reality, Reagan did nothing to bring down the Soviet Union.
By 1980, the Soviet Union was trying to cut its own defense spending. Reagan made it harder for them to do so. In fact, Reagan increased the possibility of a nuclear war because he was -- frankly, and sadly -- senile. He thought we could actually recall submarine-launched nuclear missiles (talk about a Reagan myth), and bullied the Soviets to highest alert several times.
Critically, Reagan never even tried to bring down the Soviet Union.
Wasteful overspending on defense didn't end the Soviet Union. In fact, it played into the hands of authoritarian "Communist" hard-liners in the Kremlin. Reagan thought the Soviet Union was more powerful than we were. He was trying to close what he called "the window of vulnerability."
This was sheer idiocy.
No general in our military would trade our armed forces for theirs. If it were to happen, none of the Soviet military command would turn down that deal. We had better systems, better troops, and better morale.
Here's the truth: we'd already won the Cold War before Reagan took office. All Reagan needed to do was continue the tried-and-true containment policies Harry S. Truman began and all subsequent presidents employed. The Soviet Union was Collapsing from within. The CIA actually told this to Reagan as he took office.
Here's an example: the Soviet Union military couldn't deal with a weak state on its own border, the poor, undermanned Afghanistan. Most of the Soviets' military might had to make sure its "allies" in the Warsaw Pact and subjects along the South Asian front didn't revolt. Even Richard Nixon told Reagan he could balance the budget with big defense cuts.
Reagan ignored this, and wrecked our budget.
We didn't have to increase weapons spending, but Reagan didn't care. He ran away from summits with the dying old-guard Soviets, and the new-style "glasnost" leadership of Mikhail Gorbachev baffled the witless Reagan and his closed-minded extremist advisors.
Maggie Thatcher finally cajoled the Gipper into meeting Gorby, and Gorby cleaned Reagan's clock. Reagan's hard-right "handlers" nearly had to drag Reagan out of the room before he signed away our entire nuclear deterrent. Reagan -- and the planet -- was lucky Gorbachev sought genuine and stable peace. Had Yuri Andropov's health held, Reagan's "jokes" and gaffes might have caused World War III.
Eventually Reagan even gave Gorbachev his seal of approval. Visiting Moscow before the August Coup, Reagan said the Soviet Union was no longer the "Evil Empire." He predicted his friend Gorbachev would lead the Soviet Union for many years to come.
As usual, Reagan was wrong. A few months later, disgruntled military officers kidnapped Gorbachev, throwing him out of power forever. Reagan remained disengaged: nothing he did caused the coup, and nothing he did made the Soviet military support Boris Yeltsin over their superiors.
We're all fortunate things happened as they did -- but once again, Reagan did nothing to make this fluke more likely.
All this is vintage Reagan. Reagan took credit for others' hard word and hard choices, and blamed them for his failures. Reagan even blamed Jimmy Carter for Reagan's foolish, fatal, and reckless decision to leave 243 Marines stationed in Beirut, helpless and unguarded.
Reagan hired over 100 crooks to run our government, and broke several laws himself. His policies were almost uniformly self-defeating, wrong-headed, immoral and unfair.
Reagan was an actor playing the part of the president. He was style over substance; lucky, not good.
And once the myths are stripped from the "legacy", the truth becomes obvious:
Reagan was by far the most overrated man in American history.

Link (http://www.liberalslikechrist.org/about/Reagan.html)

FORD
09-09-2007, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Sarge's Little Helper

You sound like Ronnie himself. ;)

TongueNGroove
09-10-2007, 12:01 AM
All YOUR BASE! Fred in '08!

LoungeMachine
09-10-2007, 12:16 AM
Nothing like a good WarPIG owning to finish off the weekend....

LMMFAO

First bleat out of his mouth in months is "yeah, but Clinton...."

Too funny.

Still pissed Bubba got more head than you, Warpig?

Warham
09-10-2007, 05:04 PM
Ronald Reagan was a phony, corrupt piece of shit, that's what's going on. :)

FORD, we know you all thought Jimmy Carter was a great president, but come on. :)

Warham
09-10-2007, 05:06 PM
Nothing like a good WarPIG owning to finish off the weekend....

LMMFAO

First bleat out of his mouth in months is "yeah, but Clinton...."

Too funny.

Still pissed Bubba got more head than you, Warpig?

Nobody as owned me, Lounge, especially you, of all people.

When all is said and done, Slick Willy will go down as a average president at best, while Reagan will always be in the Top Ten.

And whether Clinton's gotten more head than I have is debatable. You'll have to do a thorough check into my background. The chicks he gets head from are fatter and uglier than the one I get it from, so bonus points for me.

I do know one thing. I get more than you do. :D

Good night.

DEMON CUNT
09-10-2007, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by WAR
Nobody as owned me, Lounge, especially you, of all people.

When all is said and done, Slick Willy will go down as a average president at best, while Reagan will always be in the Top Ten.

Yeah, right. A severe rash of ownings caused you to disapear for several months. Your intelectual twin BigBlandBrian is gone for the same reasons. Pussies.

Both of you find your stupid talking points deconstructed on a daily basis and you just cannot handle it.

Look at the foolish Warhead try to predict the future.

LoungeMachine
09-10-2007, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by WAR

I do know one thing. I get more than you do. :D

Larry Craig and your sister don't count.

I owned you throughout the '06 elections, 'PIG

Warham
09-10-2007, 05:48 PM
Yeah, right. A severe rash of ownings caused you to disapear for several months. Your intelectual twin BigBlandBrian is gone for the same reasons. Pussies.

Both of you find your stupid talking points deconstructed on a daily basis and you just cannot handle it.

Look at the foolish Warhead try to predict the future.

I never left because I was 'owned', Silly Cunt. You'll never know why I left, so stop trying to rack your brain thinking up scenarios.

Who knows why Brian's not here. I know for sure you have nothing to do with it.

What other forums do you talk about politics besides this one, Cunt?

Warham
09-10-2007, 05:50 PM

You like that Larry Craig guy, don't ya, Lounge?

When you were touring, did you engage in that sort of behavior?

DEMON CUNT
09-10-2007, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by WAR
I never left because I was 'owned', Silly Cunt. You'll never know why I left, so stop trying to rack your brain thinking up scenarios.

One with such a fragile ego certainly would not admit to having such a fragile ego. Nice try!

Warham
09-10-2007, 06:29 PM
One with such a fragile ego certainly would not admit to having such a fragile ego. Nice try!

Stop talking about Lounge and get back on track.

LoungeMachine
09-10-2007, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by WAR
You like that Larry Craig guy, don't ya, Lounge?

When you were touring, did you engage in that sort of behavior?

What happens backstage, stays backstage. ;)

Yes, I love Larry Craig. [ no sigs please]

I love that he railed against Clinton, railed against Gays, and then got BUSTED for being a closet homo who lurks in men's rooms for anonymous sex.

He is the epitome of what your party has sunk to.

DeLay
Abramoff
Cunningham
Ney
Foley
Libby
Gonzales
Craig

And all of the other lower level coke whores and pedophiles that claim the moral higher ground in your party.

You guys have shown the country your true mettle.

Baby's On Fire
09-10-2007, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by WAR

He created the strongest economy your country has ever seen, cleaning up the Bush / Reaganomics disaster.

Then people like you brought it all crashing back down in 2000.

Baby's On Fire
09-10-2007, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by WAR
Obama's far from a decent candidate. He's the worst candidate amongst the major seven that are running.

Explain your opinion.

Baby's On Fire
09-10-2007, 08:50 PM

I owned you throughout the '06 elections, 'PIG

So we can rename him NOHEAD then?

DEMON CUNT
09-10-2007, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Baby's On Fire
Explain your opinion.

He can't. He just repeats what the talking heads on the TV say to him. Sometimes word for word.

Warham
09-10-2007, 09:59 PM
What happens backstage, stays backstage. ;)

Ha!

That's funny. You get a laugh point for that.

Warham
09-10-2007, 10:02 PM
Explain your opinion.

He has the least amount of experience of any of the major candidates, and no experience running a business, running a state, or running anything period.

And his wife says he stinks in the morning.

Shall I go on?

Warham
09-10-2007, 10:04 PM
He can't. He just repeats what the talking heads on the TV say to him. Sometimes word for word.

Got that Obama 08 sticker on the back of your car already?

Baby's On Fire
09-10-2007, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by WAR
He has the least amount of experience of any of the major candidates, and no experience running a business, running a state, or running anything period.

And his wife says he stinks in the morning.

Shall I go on?

And how is this any different from Bush? And don't tell me Bush has any experience running a state. He had the job of Governor only due to his father, and he fucked that up anyway.

Warham
09-10-2007, 10:10 PM
And how is this any different from Bush? And don't tell me Bush has any experience running a state. He had the job of Governor only due to his father, and he fucked that up anyway.

Pure conjecture.

He actually was the majority owner of the Texas Rangers before he was governor, so he STILL had more experience running something.

What's the real reason Obama is even a serious candidate?

DEMON CUNT
09-10-2007, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by WAR
Got that Obama 08 sticker on the back of your car already?

Fuck no. You mention him far more than I.

I hate seeing that shit on people's cars. A Kerry/Edwards sticker makes me more angry than a Bush/Cheney one. Seattle is filled with fake liberals with Obama stickers on their bumpers.

Warham
09-10-2007, 10:15 PM
Fuck no. You mention him far more than I.

Who are you voting for in the primary? Mike Gravel?

DEMON CUNT
09-10-2007, 10:17 PM
Kucinich, yo!

Warham
09-10-2007, 10:18 PM
Kucinich, yo!

Doesn't he stand on a milk crate during the debates? :D

Warham
09-10-2007, 10:20 PM
I'm between Thompson and Giuliani at this point. I was wishy-washy on Romney, and I didn't like that comment he made about his sons.

DEMON CUNT
09-11-2007, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by WAR
I'm between Thompson and Giuliani at this point. I was wishy-washy on Romney, and I didn't like that comment he made about his sons.

You say a lot about your politics when share who your preferences are.

Why those guys?

LoungeMachine
09-11-2007, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by WAR
I'm between Thompson and Giuliani at this point.

How do you square your "religious" beliefs with someone as defective as rudy??? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by WAR

I was wishy-washy on Romney,

How ironic is that?

Warham
09-11-2007, 12:14 AM
You say a lot about your politics when share who your preferences are.

Why those guys?

#1, I only pick guys who I think have a chance. Today, after getting coffee this morning, I saw some dude with at least eight Ron Paul bumper stickers all over his car. He'll be doing alot of detailing, and for what? I've got a better chance of getting the nomination than Ron Paul. With this in mind, that narrows the field down to Giuliani, Romney, McCain, and Thompson.

#2, McCain is out because of his immigration stance. He can't back out of it with me.

#3, Romney was the governor of Massachusetts, a state that I usually loathe. Plus, he's said a few zingers lately. That eliminates both of those two.

#4, Giuliani: I like his policies regarding the War on Terror, but his social agenda I'm not sure about. He's got a great record as mayor of New York. Solid experience. Thompson, on the other hand, pretty much has all the ideal values, but I'm not sure about his experience, or his work ethic.

We'll see, but it's either one of those guys. None of the Democrats are worthy of my vote. I think there could be a Democrat I'd vote for out there, but none of the nine that are in the race.

Warham
09-11-2007, 12:16 AM
How do you square your "religious" beliefs with someone as defective as rudy??? :rolleyes:

We are all defective, Lounge.

Given the choice between Rudy or Hillary, I'd pull the lever for Rudy 100 out of 100 times, no matter if he were pro-abortion (which has been debatable). There's not one specific issue that makes me pull the lever for one particular candidate.

DEMON CUNT
09-11-2007, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by WAR
Doesn't he stand on a milk crate during the debates? :D

Yeah, he is very tiny and extremely intelligent. I met him a few years back. He's about as real as they come. Or at least that is what I believe.

Kucinich and Gravel are the only Democrats not speaking in hyperbole. Gravel is kinda nutty, though.

Obama speaks in elaborate cliches.

Hillary is showing us how difficult faking sincerity can be.

Biden. I hate him half the time, love him the other. A total politician. Big talk, little action.

Dodd. Meh. Not worthy of comment.

Edwards. I think he's ok. My favorite of the big three and the only one I would vote for. But he's one of those really rich fuckers and a lawyer.

Richardson. Meh. Not worthy of comment.

Warham
09-11-2007, 12:26 AM
Glad to read your thoughts on the candidates.

I agree with almost everything you wrote.

DEMON CUNT
09-11-2007, 12:31 AM
911 Trivai Time

Q: Giuliani placed what agency in the WTC on a floor rented from one of his buddies?

Bonus Questions:

How many policemen died that day? How may firemen? Why the difference?

If you can answer those two questions you probably would not want to vote for Giuliani. What good is the ideology if common sense makes no play in decision making?

DEMON CUNT
09-11-2007, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by WAR
Glad to read your thoughts on the candidates.

I agree with almost everything you wrote.

So, IF you had to vote for one. Which one would it be?

Warham
09-11-2007, 12:34 AM
So, IF you had to vote for one. Which one would it be?

Hmmmm.

Probably Joe Biden, although I'd be holding my nose.

DEMON CUNT
09-11-2007, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by WAR
Hmmmm.

Probably Joe Biden, although I'd be holding my nose.

It must be the fake hair.

Warham
09-11-2007, 12:37 AM
It must be the fake hair.

He shot himself in the foot with that 'clean and articulate' whopper a few months ago, although he didn't have a chance anyway.

He appears to have the most experience of anybody running on the Democrat platform, and he does have some wisdom regarding Iraq.

Like I said, I'd be holding my nose big time.

DEMON CUNT
09-11-2007, 12:44 AM
For being someone so sensitive to the gaffs, you have made some interesting choices for President.

Biden as a regional based plan for peace and civilization in Iraq. Which to me seems to be the only way to even start to clean that mess up.

Warham
09-11-2007, 07:11 AM
Realistically, it's going to be Hillary vs. Giuliani or Thompson.

I hear that Bloomberg is interested in getting in. That will definately peel off some of the independent vote.

FORD
09-11-2007, 02:18 PM
Hillary vs Guiliani vs Bloomberg?

Geezus, could you imagine what a shitty campaign that would be all around?

The world outside of New York would cease to exist, because what else would the three of them have to argue about?

Warham
09-11-2007, 04:10 PM
FORD,

Could you possibly see Obama or Edwards beating out Hillary for the nomination? You know the Clinton War Room will torpedo both of those guys before the beginning of next year.

FORD
09-11-2007, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by WAR
FORD,

Could you possibly see Obama or Edwards beating out Hillary for the nomination? You know the Clinton War Room will torpedo both of those guys before the beginning of next year.

I think my signature spells out who I'm hoping will enter the race.

Though his window of opportunity is getting smaller.... :(

We NEED you, Mr. President!!

Warham
09-11-2007, 04:16 PM
Once a Gore supporter, always a Gore supporter.

Why would you trust any Clinton operative?

FORD
09-11-2007, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by WAR
Once a Gore supporter, always a Gore supporter.

Why would you trust any Clinton operative?

All of the post-Florida theft Gore speeches have shown that he's very much his own man and not a tool of the Clinton/DLC machine.

Warham
09-11-2007, 04:24 PM
"HE LIED TO US! HE BETRAYED US! HE PREYED ON OUR FEARS!"

"ARRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!"

Ooops, sorry, that last line was from Howard Dean.

Baby's On Fire
09-11-2007, 07:08 PM
Yeah, he is very tiny and extremely intelligent. I met him a few years back. He's about as real as they come. Or at least that is what I believe.

Kucinich and Gravel are the only Democrats not speaking in hyperbole. Gravel is kinda nutty, though.

Obama speaks in elaborate cliches.

Hillary is showing us how difficult faking sincerity can be.

Biden. I hate him half the time, love him the other. A total politician. Big talk, little action.

Dodd. Meh. Not worthy of comment.

Edwards. I think he's ok. My favorite of the big three and the only one I would vote for. But he's one of those really rich fuckers and a lawyer.

Richardson. Meh. Not worthy of comment.

Richardson is easily the best candidate and IMO would be a good presdient.

Reasonable honesty and integrity combined with factual citing and real experience.

Not the best president, but would blow away Bush and every current candidiate.

Nickdfresh
09-11-2007, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by WAR
I'm between Thompson and Giuliani at this point....

Ooooh! It's a big, gay Republican love sandwich!:)

Nickdfresh
09-11-2007, 09:40 PM
911 Trivai Time

Q: Giuliani placed what agency in the WTC on a floor rented from one of his buddies?

Bonus Questions:

How many policemen died that day? How may firemen? Why the difference?

If you can answer those two questions you probably would not want to vote for Giuliani. What good is the ideology if common sense makes no play in decision making?

Rudy Giuliani - The Whore of 9/11...

So few have done so little while taking credit for so much...

Warham
09-11-2007, 09:48 PM
Ooooh! It's a big, gay Republican love sandwich!:)

haha!

That was a good one!

Where have you been, anyway?

Warham
09-11-2007, 09:48 PM
Rudy Giuliani - The Whore of 9/11...

So few have done so little while taking credit for so much...

I don't know about 9/11, but he was a good mayor. :D

Nickdfresh
09-11-2007, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by WAR
haha!

That was a good one!

Where have you been, anyway?

Very busy and on a little bit of a burn-out sabbatical --since you lazy fucker FL Mods started posting again...

Originally posted by WAR

His approval ratings were shit before 9/11 - an search the forum for what the FDNY thinks of him...

DEMON CUNT
09-11-2007, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by WAR
but he was a good mayor.

Not counting 9/11 and it's aftermath of course. Did you reseach those questions, Warhead? Of course you did!

Tee hee.

Warham
09-11-2007, 10:11 PM
You know as well as I do that approval ratings don't have anything to do with how successful somebody was in a particular position (see Harry Truman).

Warham
09-11-2007, 10:12 PM
Not counting 9/11 and it's aftermath of course. Did you reseach those questions, Warhead? Of course you did!

Yes, I did do research. He was a good mayor, and I'll stand by that statement. Pre-9/11 or post-9/11.

FORD
09-11-2007, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by WAR

Yeah, just like Reagan was a good president......

Warham
09-11-2007, 10:30 PM
Yeah, just like Reagan was a good president......

A true patriot and one of the greatest presidents ever.

http://www.hench.net/images/reagan.gif

God Bless The Gipper!

Warham
09-11-2007, 10:34 PM
Mr. Reagan set the stage for what he wanted to achieve at his first Cabinet meeting. He told his appointees, "Gentlemen, I hate inflation, I hate taxes and I hate the Soviets. Do something about it." Then he left the room.

LoungeMachine
09-11-2007, 11:14 PM
First divorced president in US history....

Paved the way for Newt's 5 wives....

Gotta love family values republicans.....

FORD
09-11-2007, 11:24 PM
He and Nancy smoked dope in the California governors mansion too. Probably where he developed the taste for jelly beans.

Not that I care, but it sure doesn't go with the Reagan mythology.

Nitro Express
09-12-2007, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by WAR
#1, I only pick guys who I think have a chance. Today, after getting coffee this morning, I saw some dude with at least eight Ron Paul bumper stickers all over his car. He'll be doing alot of detailing, and for what? I've got a better chance of getting the nomination than Ron Paul. With this in mind, that narrows the field down to Giuliani, Romney, McCain, and Thompson.

#2, McCain is out because of his immigration stance. He can't back out of it with me.

#3, Romney was the governor of Massachusetts, a state that I usually loathe. Plus, he's said a few zingers lately. That eliminates both of those two.

#4, Giuliani: I like his policies regarding the War on Terror, but his social agenda I'm not sure about. He's got a great record as mayor of New York. Solid experience. Thompson, on the other hand, pretty much has all the ideal values, but I'm not sure about his experience, or his work ethic.

We'll see, but it's either one of those guys. None of the Democrats are worthy of my vote. I think there could be a Democrat I'd vote for out there, but none of the nine that are in the race.

My state is going to give either Gulliani or Thompson the electorial votes anyways so actually, me worryying about who the vote for presidentcially is a waste of time. I'll just right myself in again or vote for Ralph Nader if he's running this time around.

Warham
09-12-2007, 03:00 PM
First divorced president in US history....

Paved the way for Newt's 5 wives....

Gotta love family values republicans.....

Nobody's perfect, Lounge, even 'family values' guys. Liberals seem to expect perfection out of Republicans, but when their own Democrats get into trouble, it's all swept under the rug.

I don't expect perfection from either party.

Lqskdiver
09-12-2007, 03:47 PM
I think my signature spells out who I'm hoping will enter the race.

Though his window of opportunity is getting smaller.... :(

We NEED you, Mr. President!!

Here, FORD, I've found someone to keep you company in the meantime.

<object width="400" height="327"><param name="movie" value="http://content3.porkolt.com/miniplayer/player.swf?parameters=http://datas3.porkolt.com/datas/49587"></param><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><embed src="http://content3.porkolt.com/miniplayer/player.swf?parameters=http://datas3.porkolt.com/datas/49587" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="400" height="327"></embed></object>

FORD
09-12-2007, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Lqskdiver
Here, FORD, I've found someone to keep you company in the meantime.

<object width="400" height="327"><param name="movie" value="http://content3.porkolt.com/miniplayer/player.swf?parameters=http://datas3.porkolt.com/datas/49587"></param><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><embed src="http://content3.porkolt.com/miniplayer/player.swf?parameters=http://datas3.porkolt.com/datas/49587" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="400" height="327"></embed></object>

Geezus...... I don't even know where to begin with that :eek:

LoungeMachine
09-12-2007, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by WAR
Nobody's perfect, Lounge, even 'family values' guys. Liberals seem to expect perfection out of Republicans, but when their own Democrats get into trouble, it's all swept under the rug.

I don't expect perfection from either party.

No WAR, that's NOT it at all.....

I hold Dems to the same standards.

But Dems for the most part don't hold themselves up as the VALUES party, telling others who they can wed, who they can fuck, what they can smoke, etc...

Repukes can't seem to hold themselves to the same standards they expect of others.

It's the hypocrisy.

I dont know how many times that needs to be explained before it sinks in with you...

DEMON CUNT
09-12-2007, 08:44 PM
It's the hypocrisy.

100% Correct.

Warham
09-12-2007, 09:45 PM
No WAR, that's NOT it at all.....

I hold Dems to the same standards.

But Dems for the most part don't hold themselves up as the VALUES party, telling others who they can wed, who they can fuck, what they can smoke, etc...

Repukes can't seem to hold themselves to the same standards they expect of others.

It's the hypocrisy.

I dont know how many times that needs to be explained before it sinks in with you...

I think both parties are hypocritical, and both parties lie.

Republicans in Congress have failed their voters, and Democrats the same. Each failed miserably to do what they were supposed to do.

It's probably why I'm so jaded right now, and why I can't put up a good fight anymore...

DEMON CUNT
09-13-2007, 12:21 AM
We need to start going to different parties or, at least, different politicians. Eventually these two parties will die out. It has happened before.

We are always brainwashed into choosing candidates. And often the worst choice. Kerry? C'mon! Terrible ticket. Fucking terrible.

Obama is a rock star and Kucinich is sometimes never mentioned in the coverage. It's a fucking con! And we play along.

FORD
09-13-2007, 01:57 AM
We need to start going to different parties or, at least, different politicians. Eventually these two parties will die out. It has happened before.

We are always brainwashed into choosing candidates. And often the worst choice. Kerry? C'mon! Terrible ticket. Fucking terrible.

Obama is a rock star and Kucinich is sometimes never mentioned in the coverage. It's a fucking con! And we play along.

I'm backing Dennis unless Gore jumps back in.. And even then, I might still back Kucinich at the caucus, which I would urge any one living in a caucus state to do.

At the very fucking least, there should be enough delegates so that the voice of the people speaks loud at the next convention.

Warham
09-13-2007, 07:46 AM
Maybe I'll vote for Ron Paul for the hell of it.

Fuck those other guys.