PDA

View Full Version : Vice President to Have Routine Check of Pacemaker

lucky wilbury
05-11-2004, 01:37 AM
http://ap.tbo.com/ap/breaking/MGAD15YB3UD.html

Vice President to Have Routine Check of Pacemaker
The Associated Press
Published: May 10, 2004

WASHINGTON (AP) - Vice President Dick Cheney will undergo a routine exam Tuesday to check the condition of a high-tech pacemaker that was placed in his chest in June 2001.

Spokesman Kevin Kellems said the tests at George Washington University Medical Center would include a physical exam, an electrocardiogram, an echocardiogram and a stress test. It is a noninvasive procedure and the vice president plans to be back at work by midday, he said.

"It's a routine check not triggered by any event," Kellems said.

Cheney has had four heart attacks, though none as vice president. His last checkup was in July 2003, and determined that his pacemaker, called an implantable cardioverter defibrillator, was working fine and had never had to be activiated.

lucky wilbury
05-11-2004, 01:38 AM
this could be the start of the scenrio that i laid out in the "office pool" thread. then again maybe not

FORD
05-11-2004, 01:44 AM
If they want to stress test him, I have a few ideas.....

Strap him to a chair while he's forced to answer questions about 9-11. His doctors will be more than welcome to observe the proceedings.

ELVIS
05-11-2004, 02:02 AM
He already answered to the 9/11 comission.. asshole...

FORD
05-11-2004, 02:21 AM
Did he drink a glass of water while Junior was talking, to prove it wasn't ventriloquism?

FORD
05-11-2004, 02:21 AM
Besides, I doubt the commission asked Uncle Dick the hard questions :D

ELVIS
05-11-2004, 02:24 AM
Keep smiling...;)

Seshmeister
05-11-2004, 08:50 AM
Why did he have to be interviewed at the same time as Bush.

Surely it wasn't so that their stories tied up?

Angel
05-11-2004, 02:57 PM
Why does a standard test of a pacer even make the news? I, along with every one else in the world that has one, get tested every 6 months, it's no more newsworthy than wiping your ass after a dump.

BigBadBrian
05-11-2004, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Angel
Why does a standard test of a pacer even make the news? I, along with every one else in the world that has one, get tested every 6 months, it's no more newsworthy than wiping your ass after a dump.

Maybe if you were newsworthy, someone would care. Nobody does. :gulp:

ELVIS
05-11-2004, 03:27 PM
Why do you have one at 41 Angel ??

Drug abuse ??

Overweight ??

Family history ??

Too much Canadian Bacon ??

Believing too much bullshit about the US ??

:elvis:

Angel
05-11-2004, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Maybe if you were newsworthy, someone would care. Nobody does. :gulp:

I was inferring that a pacer check isn't newsworthy, now fuck off.

Angel
05-11-2004, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Why do you have one at 41 Angel ??

Drug abuse ??

Overweight ??

Family history ??

Too much Canadian Bacon ??

Believing too much bullshit about the US ??

:elvis:

None of the above. I've actually had one since I was 27. Cause more than likely.... a strep infection. (I had scarlet fever as a child).

FYI, Back Bacon (what you call Canadian), has less fat than regular side bacon. :D

Ally_Kat
05-11-2004, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Angel

it pertains to the health of the vice-president of the country, thus newsworthy. If he or Bush was rushed to the hospital because of a papercut, it would still make the news. National public figure = newsworthy.